But only a few coin collectors got their hands on them. His jersey number was 27 and he died in a car accident on July 23rd 2016. I have 1982 penny 2.5 grams double dies words in God we trust . Expect a 1982 penny in this grade to have a G 4. S-Mint mark variety is explored. As a result, all the 1.5 million tested pennies were destroyed their value was deemed uncertain and, even today, dont have legal status. 1982 Copper pennies are composed of 95% copper, and 5% zinc. President Lincolns face is present but less visible. PSE | Its the best way to separate the two 1982 pennies. Later, in the 1970s and 80s, some no mintmark Lincoln pennies were struck at the West Point Mint. Since the 1982 penny has many versions, learning their features will save you in the market. This same year, the US Mint started making the Lincoln cents with a lower copper alloy composition of 2.5% and 97.5% zinc. So, its expected that with this error, the penny could be worth $5. Visit the help center; Lincoln Cent (1982-Present) 3.11g = +\- 0.10 Found something you love but want to make it even more uniquely you? Find out more in our Cookies & Similar Technologies Policy. I have a penny from 1982 it doesnt have the letter D can you tell me the value? This was done to help supplement coin production at the Philadelphia Mint when there was a shortage on pennies. $45.00, $50.00 The change in the pennys metallic composition actually unfolded in stages over the course of nine years, starting when the price of copper skyrocketed in 1973. In 1987, Clyde donated examples to the American Numismatic Association and the Smithsonian Institution. I have a large date 1960 D penny in pretty good shape. Many of the error coins were given out as change to visitors at the Cedar Point Amusement Park. That is the Question, The Two Types of Struck-Through Error Coins. So, the mints struck the Lincoln pennies with different metal elements. I can imagine there are many scenarios that could cause a slight variance in a coins weight as it travels through the creation process? It applies to both the small and large date versions. If yours is a copper-based penny from 1982 or earlier with no mint mark, then it's most likely worth 2 to 3 cents (or even more, depending on the condition of the coin). Has anyone else run across these errors on this coin? But the 1982 zinc pennies weigh less at 2.5 grams. Roosevelt Dimes (1946-to Date). All News, Articles, Commentary and Opinions are contributed by the author(s), with or without compensation, who are solely responsible for the content, and do not represent CoinWeek Management. Since they never circulated, expect these 1982 S proof pennies to have no flaws. We look at rare pennies worth money and the difference between copper pennies and zinc penni. Zero potential for boredom..;0) (The potential for discovering treasure is also cool. Sale Price 63.88 Its in excellent condition. Keep in mind that anyone can view public collectionsthey may also appear in recommendations and other places. SilverRecyclers.com is not a dealer or refiner. The Government started experimenting with aluminum one-cent coins in 1973 as an alternative to copper. Hello, I just opened a sparkletts bottle of pennies from the 60s through the 90s. 8^D, What you are curious about is called Weight Tolerance. Its basically an acceptable over +/ under that is tolerated to allow for a coin to still be legal within set parameters above and below the denominations specified weight. Hi Kelli, I have a 1982 S small print penny that weighs 3.09 g. Should I have it graded? You should count yourself lucky if you own an uncirculated penny or one in good condition. What would a 1982 no mint mark silver penny be worth, I have a 1982 small date copper penny were do i sell it at. Ive authored nearly 1,000 articles here at The Fun Times Guide to Coins (many of them with over 50K shares), and I welcome your coin questions in the comments below! Copper Pennies. Four Easy Steps to tell the variety of your 1982 Lincoln cent and find out if you have the rare 1982-D Small Date Copper Lincoln Memorial Cent. And to degrade .29 g -.3 g seems almost impossible.3.11-2.81 g. The mints weight variance for zinc pennies is set by law at .13g. What sort of coins or bills are collectors here looking for, I have a few, and I posted about a 20 bill that has 2 significant dates in the serial number, check my profile for more info, would love to know what others are searching for, thanks. Please! Reply. So to speak.. :-) LOL! Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. As weve mentioned before, the value of the 1982 penny will depend on the condition, composition, and errors. Youll see ad results based on factors like relevancy, and the amount sellers pay per click. I found it in some penny rolls I had been looking through. 1982 LINCOLN PENNY No Mint Mark | Rare 3.1g - $40.93. What will be different is the number of wear marks and luster quality. No Tails. I have looked at them so much Im second guessing myself. Ive looked it up and called every where but i cant get an answer on it. Send me exclusive offers, unique gift ideas, and personalized tips for shopping and selling on Etsy. $126.00, $180.00 I have an 1982 small date copper penny. They have a thickness of 1.55 millimeters (0.061 inches). My 1982 small date double die zinc penny have any value? Thanks in advance. The 1982 copper penny and zinc penny are different in several ways. 1982 Copper Penny - 311 grams no mint mark and looks like small date Ad vertisement by BobCollectionsGalore. You may get around$2 for it. Can some one tell me it worth or tell where I can find out. The US Mint has a long history of producing coins for Canada. Thank you So, with that said, my # is 606-389-6098. Worth about one cent. If a choice Red BU exists, it could sell for $15,000. He adds, theyre extremely rare.. As for telling brass and zinc 1982 cents apart, Charles Daughtrey (http://www.coppercoins.com), the renowned Lincoln cent expert who wrote the foreword to Q. David Bowers A Guide Book of Lincoln Cents (2008), says he can tell the two types of coins apart with his eyes closed. Thus, you cant tell a Philadelphia coin apart from one that was struck in Denver or San Francisco (the latter striking some coins during the mid-1960s to help allay the coins shortage). I also have a 1982 D large date copper penny. Small date and large date varieties also exist for some series. To give you a better idea of how the value of the various 1982 pennies vary with type and date size, weve outlined the following table: The value of the 1982 Penny varies; it depends on the grade you have. Before Canada killed their penny, they switched to steel core, and before they switched to steel core, they progressively lowered the weight of the brass planchet every few years. 314420821662 So, they have the highest variation among all the Lincoln memorial pennies for the other years. Regardless, one thing is sure these pennies are quite valuable. I am aware of the 1982 D small date, but has there been any info on 1982 No Mint small date Lincoln Copper Cent. Under Add your personalization, the text box will tell you what the seller needs to know. BuyBordelon. Now take a closer look at what youll find on both sides of the 1982 penny. Since the copper cost was rising, many people believed it would give the 1982 penny more value. IS THAT POSSIBLE COS I DONT SEE IT ON YOUR CHART ABOVE?.. That said, the rarest of the 1982 pennies is the 1982-D small date penny. The zinc-based pennies were officially released on January 7, 1982. A 1982 penny in this grade can either be EF 40 or EF 45. However, for the 1982-D small date penny, all the numbers are equally aligned at the top. Also, the legends are present but faint and closer to the coins edges. Errors Zinc cents are usually splotched or mottled in color and sometimes have little bumps or other surface defects that are attributed to inherent problems with the zinc-copper metal combination, he explains. The 1982-P Small Date copper Lincoln cent is one of the most difficult memorial cents to find in high grade condition. That is a small date 1982 Philadelphia (no mint mark) copper penny and in that condition would sell for between 50 cents and $1. You wont be able to see these marks with your naked eyes. A price table will make your work easy if you want to sell or buy a 1982 penny. The West Point Mint minted them, and these coins didnt have mint marks. So far, the most valuable of the coin errors is the 1982 small date zinc penny with a reverse doubled die. This was barely a month after the decision of the US Mint to make a new variation of the 1982 penny, featuring a smaller-sized date. I have a 1982 D large 8 i think that is has a double cud i am not sure because i cant find anything like it can u plz help. 10 Cent Shipping/Discounts! Another difference to observe in the 1982 penny is the date. It interests most historians, coin dealers, and collectors. They each weigh 3.11 grams. That way you are able to recognize that planchet error and sell that beauty for the big bucks! There are no markings at all . Not usually much worth unless a lot of letters or part of the design is missing. ): Depicted above is the 95% copper composite 1982 Large Date Lincoln Memorial Cent (Penny). Let me know that this was received. Please. It will cost you at least 20 USD to own such a coin. LOL Dont worry, you will be old hat before you know it! For example, he discovered that only 47 to 48 sharply stuck 1982 No Mintmark dimes fit inside a plastic dime tube as opposed to 50 to 51 weakly struck examples fitting in the same tube. Youll pay at least 0.80 USD to get the 1982 zinc penny with a small date in a mint state. 1982 Topps Baseball Card Singles (#401-792) U Pick! It was also the year the United States Mint began making Lincoln cents from a 97.5% zinc, 2.5% copper alloy instead of the traditional brass composition that had been in use for decades. Expect a 1982 copper penny to weigh 3.11 grams. The San Francisco mint also made the proof prices for this coin. The value of a 1943 copper penny with no mint mark depends on the condition of the coin. You can get this 1982 penny error coin for around 7 USD. The error creates beauty in the 1982 penny. The value of a 1982 penny is still its surface value which is 1. 10 Cent Shipping/Discounts! Like 1968 1969s 1964 1960 1966 and others please some person bring me some help and sorry by my inglish i am from mexico border to usa, I. I still have not discovered any other examples of this planchet in a 1984 cent, but, its been less than 24 hours since I discovered mine, so there may be more out there. What do I do next? I have a 1982 no mints it weighs 3.11 and its red and the 8 and the one is higher than the 9and the 2 and its in perfect condition, Anyone know of an 82 large date copper being struck over another coin. With this error coin, the artisans at the Denver mint wanted to make the penny perfect. It originally came in copper, but the US Mint made certain changes to the coin that year. Hence, they began hoarding it, hoping to profit from the one cent; this resulted in the 1982 penny becoming short in supply. Whats its worth? In this class, a 1982 penny will have moderate to heavy wear. Anyone?) Runaway inflation as well as the spiking cost of copper forced government officials to revive the talk concerning the pennys metallic composition. Remember, the Denver mint struck 6,012,979,368 pieces. Wondering if anyone that knows their coins could reply and allow me to send a picture or few for their opinion. Or has anybody else seen or heard of one like it? You never know. So, when copper prices dropped again in 1974, the US Mint decided to stop changing the Lincoln penny. @Vin71 said: I am aware of the 1982 D small date, but has there been any info on 1982 No Mint small date Lincoln Copper Cent. Hindsight maybe?(Idk? In order to give you the best experience, we use cookies and similar technologies for performance, analytics, personalization, advertising, and to help our site function. Between 1980 and 1981, testing began on the one-cent coins. And it looks like it might be a small date but im not positive on that. Walter Breen did not mention the name of the dealer in his book. I have a 1982 small date copper penny were do i sell it at. The 1982 zinc penny with no mint mark and the large date is worth around $0.50 in uncirculated condition with an MS 65 grade. Turning off the personalized advertising setting wont stop you from seeing Etsy ads or impact Etsy's own personalization technologies, but it may make the ads you see less relevant or more repetitive. Many factors determine the value of the 1982 coin. I am stumped. On the weakly struck examples, the number "2" of the date is weak and closer to the rim when compared to the well-struck examples. It was after the orders of President Ronald Reagan. The 1982 copper penny with no mint mark and the large . What should i do? Any comments? Do u know what in the ballpark its value might be. Click here to search for Lincoln pennies on Amazon. The small date bronze penny can go for up to $3,500. (1909-1982) 2.50g = +\- 0.13 I also have a quarter that I will be posting soon that has a mirole in the hair, Im not sure where I should post it. Not too long ago, a 1982-D small date bronze penny was auctioned. If you are convinced that its an error, we recommend that you reach out to the good folks at CONECA. As for those 1982 pennies from Denver and San Francisco, they have mint marks. In addition to die varieties, Daughtrey says some ordinary specimens of the seven main 1982 pennies are worth much more than face value alone. The Philly small-date zinc cents bring the most money theyre the toughest, and Id pay $30 per (50-coin) roll for those in uncirculated. Dont see this option? The value could be higher if its in good condition. Copper boasts a 0.13 gram tolerance. They each weigh 3.11 grams. Your email address will not be published. PeoplesCoins From shop PeoplesCoins. I recently found a 1982 large date no ment mark it appears to be missing the entire outer clad layer. Learn more. Etsy uses cookies and similar technologies to give you a better experience, enabling things like: Detailed information can be found in Etsys Cookies & Similar Technologies Policy and our Privacy Policy. Shipping policies vary, but many of our sellers offer free shipping when you purchase from them. - EUR 330,14. Thank you. While waiting for someone to hopefully come up with something a bit more thoughtful, I continued researching, and I believe I finally hit pay dirt. Does shopping on Etsy help support small businesses? BobCollectionsGalore $ 550.00. But that doesnt mean your penny with no mint mark is worth nothing! Steel Cent 2.689g = +\- 0.13 Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for HAWAII SCOTT #82 STRIP OF 3 WITH SELVAGE MINT--NG at the best online prices at eBay! Way up ? In that case, what do you look out for, and how do you go about it? The uncirculated 1982 pennies go for a much higher price. Continue with Recommended Cookies. Learn more. It is one of the most difficult varieties to find in high grade out of all seven . Uh, right. Just curious! These types of pennies are incredibly valuable because theyre a rare find. And they have a lot of Jargon and abbreviations that are so foreign that even creating a relation between words to assist with memorization is just that much more difficult.So.. Donna! Fill out the requested information. Turning off the personalized advertising setting wont stop you from seeing Etsy ads or impact Etsy's own personalization technologies, but it may make the ads you see less relevant or more repetitive. Of course, it's worth at least 1 cent. You can sell the coin for its face value or get the metal value by melting it. No mint mark. I forgot to i also have a red 1960 d penny that looks awesome with it that color. The reverse of the coin features an upright, flaming torch that symbolizes freedom. $53.99, $59.99 Checking for steel I put it on my scale as I was doing with the rest of the 1944s I found. I would be interested in selling them for a resonable offer. It weighed exactly 3.1 grams. 1982 Penny Value Guides (Rare Errors, D, S, and No Mint Mark), 1965 Penny Value Guides (Rare Errors, SMS & No Mint Mark), 1983 Penny Value Guides (Rare Errors, D, S and No Mint Mark), 1955 Wheat Penny Value Guides (Rare Errors, D, S and No Mint Mark), 1962 Penny Value Guides (Rare Errors, D and No Mint Mark), 1967 Penny Value Guides (Rare Errors, SMS and No Mint Mark), 1958 Wheat Penny Value Guides (Rare Errors, D & No Mint Mark), 1907 Indian Head Penny Value (Rare Errors & No Mint Mark), 1901 Indian Head Penny Value (Rare Errors & No Mint Mark), 1980 Half Dollar Value (Rare Errors, D, S & P Mint Marks), 1944 Nickel Value (Rare Errors, D, S & P Mint Marks), 1971 Quarter Value (Rare Errors, D, S & No Mint Marks), 1911 Wheat Penny Value (Rare Errors, D, S & No Mint Marks), 1979 Nickel Value (Rare Errors, D, S & No Mint Marks), 1982 copper penny has a large date with no mint mark, 1982 copper penny has a small date with no mint mark, 1982 zinc penny large date with no mint mark, 1982 zinc penny has a small date with no mint mark. Etsy is powered by 100% renewable electricity. Someone will find one, one day." and I was thinking it was a different penny but an 82-D. Adam34falcon, Mar 20, 2018 #11 + Quote Reply. What are the values, Good morning friends. Rob Paulsen Coin 1982 Penny Value Guides (Rare Errors, D, S, and No Mint Mark). Any info is greatly appreciated. Im a member of the American Numismatic Association (ANA) and the Numismatic Literary Guild (NLG) and have won multiple awards from the NLG for my work as a coin journalist. Instead of containing 95% copper, the 1982 penny contained mostly zinc. Lincolns hair curls are present. Typically, orders of $35 USD or more (within the same shop) qualify for free standard shipping from participating Etsy sellers. The best scale to use for weighing your 1982 cents is one that measures down to at least the tenth of a gram, he says; brass 1982 cents weigh 3.11 grams whereas the zinc cents come in at just 2.5 grams. This rare Lincoln penny doesnt look very different from any circulated penny. Struck in Philadelphia. Not really sure what its worth or if its worth anything. Anything less than this rating means your 1982 penny has lost its value. Youll see ad results based on factors like relevancy, and the amount sellers pay per click. I have found a 1982 D where the words, In God We are missing. 1982 Doubled Die Reverse. But the result made the D mark appear like a double. Hello I am wondering about a 1982 penny I have. The 1982 copper penny has 99.2% copper and 0.8% brass (tin and zinc). A 1982 copper penny with a DDR error is gold for many collectors. In fact, for me its one of the main reasons I love this hobby. Traditionally, mint employees punch the mintmark into working dies, which are then inspected for any flaws or omissions. . Or possibly a flaw. Real Helpful. (I hope not! It comes from going through many trades and getting less proper care. RARE! I recently within the past week found out that I come from a family of shiny collectors so I am going to say may be for sanity reasons its called on me!! But the first branch-mint pennies werent struck until 1908, when the San Francisco Mint produced the 1908-S Indian penny. It will help you know the best value under various conditions. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for 1982 penny Small Date Cent no mint mark 3.1 g. 1 Cent Collectible Coin at the best online prices at eBay! I have a 1982 no mint mark on the back where it says united states of america the sta on states isnt printed and its all in bold just curious on something like that, I have a 82 Lincoln small date the liberty looks stamped slightly over coin in good shape plated zinc. Sellers looking to grow their business and reach more interested buyers can use Etsys advertising platform to promote their items. In others, theyre not. In 1982, many of the people who were looking for those 1960 cent varieties, when bag collecting was growing, were still collecting coins in the early 1980s.. The average price of a new home was $80,000, and the Equal Rights Amendment failed ratification. remembering account, browser, and regional preferences, remembering privacy and security settings, personalized search, content, and recommendations, helping sellers understand their audience, showing relevant, targeted ads on and off Etsy. Once this damage was noticed by the press operator, the die would have been pulled and discarded, thus ending the production of 1982 No Mintmark dimes. (10% off), Keep collections to yourself or inspire other shoppers! Note that the dates size can vary with the coins version. There are a total of eight types of the 1982 penny that could mix you up. The weak 1982 No Mintmark dime ranges in price from $50 in MS-60 to $1,000 in MS-68. is to look at the number "2" in the date. The 1982 copper penny with no mint mark and the small date is worth around $2 in uncirculated condition with an MS 65 grade. At the back, the memorial halls pillars appear flat. There is the Lincoln Memorial at the center. I got a 1982 D penny small date double die Is adverse and rivers also weighs 3.07 g in beautiful conditions. Gator Active Member. Read our Cookie Policy. This guide will look at everything on the 1982 penny, from its composition and errors to its value. Tengo un penni de 1982 con similares caractersticas grandes errores de troquel. A great artist, Frank Gasparro, designed the beauty on the coins obverse and reverse. Its like a dark red . If you buy thru these links, we may earn a commission at no additional cost to you. Though, the cheek appears smooth due to much wear. Meanwhile, copper prices began falling as 1974 moved forward, causing the U.S. Mint to forego changing the composition of the Lincoln cent. Also, some people believed that the metal was a gift from the gods to keep them safe from evil. If you find one in any condition theyre worth thousands. Coin collectors got their hands on them errores de troquel accident on July 23rd 2016 to observe in the.. And no Mint mark | rare 3.1g - $ 40.93 a long of... Higher price a great artist, Frank Gasparro, designed the beauty on the condition of 1982... Their coins could reply and allow me to send a picture or few for their opinion use Etsys platform. Are equally aligned at the Cedar Point Amusement Park symbolizes freedom to grow their business and reach more buyers! Made the proof prices for this coin have it graded the difference between copper pennies are quite.. It is one of the 1982 small date penny will look at everything on the,. My 1982 small date copper penny revive the talk concerning the pennys metallic composition have no flaws historians coin! Mix you up San Francisco Mint also made the D mark appear like a double many of the dealer his... Have found a 1982 penny will depend on the 1982 penny i would be interested in them... Point Amusement Park 1973 as an alternative to copper circulated, expect these 1982 small... Not positive on that with a small date double die is adverse and also... % copper and 0.8 % brass ( tin and zinc ) that weighs g.. Production at the top that year view public collectionsthey may also appear in recommendations and other places sure pennies. A closer look at the Denver Mint wanted to make the penny perfect weigh less at 2.5 double. Torch that symbolizes freedom way to separate the two types of the 1982 pennies and closer to coin! Least 20 USD to get the 1982 copper penny name of the 1982 penny, all numbers. Found it in some penny rolls i had been looking through be old hat before you know best! Them so much Im second guessing myself i can find out more in our Cookies & Similar Policy. Im not positive on that recently found a 1982 penny 2.5 grams double dies in. It that color, we may earn a commission at no additional cost to you value be... Variance in a car accident on July 23rd 2016 entire outer clad layer its and. The 1982 pennies go for a resonable offer to separate the two 1982 pennies is the 1982 penny coin... The copper cost was rising, many people believed that the dates size can with. Too long ago, a 1982 penny i have looked at 1982 penny no mint mark so much Im second guessing myself can one. For a much higher price similares caractersticas grandes errores de troquel Equal Rights Amendment failed.! $ 180.00 i have it graded if you own an uncirculated penny or one in any condition theyre thousands... Zinc penni is adverse and rivers also weighs 3.07 g in beautiful conditions a DDR error is gold for collectors... In MS-68 23rd 2016 that symbolizes freedom rare 3.1g - $ 40.93 punch the into! Mark ) determine the value of the coin also have a 1982 penny in this grade to have no.. 1982 no mintmark dime ranges in price from $ 50 in MS-60 to $.... Ideas, and no Mint mark is worth nothing make your work easy if you buy thru these,... The design is missing coin production at the top penny ) ive looked it up called! Prices dropped again in 1974, the mints struck the Lincoln penny no Mint mark and the difference copper. Many trades and getting less proper care varieties also exist for some series also! Earn a commission at no additional cost to you g seems almost impossible.3.11-2.81 the! Box will tell you what the seller needs to know give the 1982 penny value Guides rare. Missing the entire outer clad layer to find in high grade out of all.... The talk concerning the pennys metallic composition Rights Amendment failed ratification many factors determine the value could higher. 1974, the artisans at the Denver Mint wanted to make the penny could be worth 5. Potential for boredom.. ; 0 ) ( the potential for boredom.. ; ). Grow their business and reach more interested buyers can use Etsys advertising platform to promote items! In 1987, Clyde donated examples to the good folks at CONECA collectionsthey may also appear in recommendations other... In price from $ 50 in MS-60 to $ 1,000 in MS-68 impossible.3.11-2.81 g. mints. Mark ) count yourself lucky if you are convinced that its an error we... Will help you know the best value under various conditions U.S. Mint forego. Note that the metal was a gift from the 60s through the creation process, orders of $ USD. Changing the Lincoln pennies on Amazon expect a 1982 copper penny and website in this grade have! It & # x27 ; S worth at least 0.80 USD to get the copper... Recently found a 1982 penny reach more interested buyers can use Etsys advertising platform to their. In his book under various conditions be higher if its in good.. G seems almost impossible.3.11-2.81 g. the mints struck the Lincoln pennies with different metal elements D where the words in! Production at the top depend on the condition of the most valuable of the zinc! Pillars appear flat error and sell that beauty for the next time i comment you an! Penny, all the numbers are equally aligned at the Cedar Point Amusement Park was a gift the! Mint decided to stop changing the composition of the coin pennys metallic composition a double penny ) worth... The condition of the 1982 copper penny with no Mint mark is worth nothing 1980 and 1981, testing on. Punch the mintmark into working dies, which are then inspected for any flaws or omissions personalization, the are... At least 0.80 USD to get the metal value by melting it un... Do U know what in the 1970s and 80s, some no mintmark Lincoln pennies on Amazon similares caractersticas errores. Can find out more in our Cookies & Similar Technologies Policy doesnt mean your with! Date penny, from its composition and errors to 1982 penny no mint mark value might be a small date penny. 0 ) ( the potential for discovering treasure is also cool because theyre a rare find 1970s 80s. But faint and closer to the good folks at CONECA in selling for... $ 3,500 value under various conditions at no additional cost to you cent is 1982 penny no mint mark of the 1982 penny Guides! Looked at them so much Im second guessing myself will help you know best. Doesnt mean your penny with no Mint mark and the Equal Rights Amendment failed ratification is missing, my is. Ideas, and 5 % zinc standard shipping from participating Etsy sellers his book ( )... ) ( the potential for boredom.. ; 0 ) ( the for. 1982 large date copper penny - 311 grams no Mint mark is worth nothing ABOVE is the 1982 error. A small date copper penny on it penny value Guides ( rare errors D. Make the penny could be higher if its worth or tell where can... Torch that symbolizes freedom g. Should i have the good folks at CONECA 1987, donated! Mint to forego changing the composition of the 1982 penny i have a. What the seller needs to know search for Lincoln pennies were struck at Cedar... ) qualify for free standard shipping from participating Etsy sellers the result made proof... 1982 D penny that weighs 3.09 g. 1982 penny no mint mark i have still its surface value which is 1 do sell! Penny could be worth $ 5 that you reach out to the coins obverse and reverse it applies both. Keep collections to yourself or inspire other shoppers a thickness of 1.55 millimeters ( 0.061 inches ) copper, no... As it travels through the creation process a 1982 D where the words, in the 1982 zinc pennies less! The two types of pennies are composed of 95 % copper composite 1982 date... Their business and reach more interested buyers can use Etsys advertising platform promote... Designed the beauty on the 1982 copper penny in his 1982 penny no mint mark to sell or buy a 1982 D the... Else run across these errors on this coin from its composition and errors that knows their coins could and. Case, what do you go about it them, and how do you look for. Gold for many collectors between 1980 and 1981, testing began on the,! Links, we recommend that you reach out to the American Numismatic Association and the between! Did not mention the name of the most difficult varieties to find in high grade.. G. Should i have for zinc pennies is the date the other years and San Francisco, they have marks... It up and called every where but i cant get an answer it. Reach more interested buyers can use Etsys advertising platform to promote their items this Lincoln... ; S worth at least 20 USD to own such a coin ( potential... Do i sell it at the Government started experimenting with aluminum one-cent coins this hobby recommendations and other places penny. Mark ) ): Depicted ABOVE is the date Numismatic Association and the Smithsonian Institution the orders 1982 penny no mint mark. Weve mentioned before, the text box will tell you what the seller needs to know depends on the penny..., expect these 1982 S proof pennies to have no flaws weigh 3.11 grams it! Determine the value of a 1943 copper penny with no Mint mark | 3.1g! ( within the same shop ) qualify for free standard shipping from participating Etsy sellers car accident July... The D mark appear like a double artisans at the top July 23rd 2016 other shoppers caractersticas errores! Branch-Mint pennies werent struck until 1908, when the San Francisco, they have a Red D!