With an Accu-Fit stock and left hand adjustable bolt, this rifle is a perfect choice for anyone! Passed my tang safety .300 Winnie to my youngest last deer season!! 2023 Outdoor Sportsman Group. .22-250 and the .220 Swift. Gun comes in its original box with paperwork. It may not display this or other websites correctly. Not true. Built on the famous Model 700 cylindrical action, Remington Varmint rifles are the most accurate factory-built models we produce. slide 3 to 4 of 14. A year later, it was added as a standard cartridge in the model 70. You don't have these limitations. Velocities are averages of five or more rounds clocked 12 feet from the muzzle of a 26-inch barrel. That's .188 @ 100 W/40gr. (8) .50 Black Powder. Like zipping your finger through a candle flame. For many years, the 220 Swift held the record for being the fastest commercial cartridge in the world. Grenoble, the Auvergne-Rhne-Alpes, France Lat Long Coordinates Info. Check for damage with a Hawkeye borescope. The new barrel on that 40X would "only" do 1" groups for 5 shots at 200 yards! note that the dimensions in parentheses indicate special neck diameters and on some Erosion from bullet friction alone is minimal as suggested by the longer barrel life of mild cartridges like 30-30 Winchester, 22 Hornet, and especially 22 rimfire. SHAW 220 Swift LARGE RING MAUSER SPORTER BARREL at the best online prices at eBay! May 14th, 2021 The .220 Swift History of a Great Varmint Cartridge A History of the .220 Swift Cartridge by Sierra Bullets Ballistic Technician Paul Box This cartridge was introduced by Winchester in 1935 in their model 54 rifle. Some casual shooters mistake dirty or improperly cleaned barrels as being shot out. REMINGTON (In Stock) 0.0. If you have questions, please contact us for The 7mm RUM. The barrel has to be so long, etc. to give us more custom throating options. Years ago, Ruger factory technicians who tested rifles were required to keep accuracy records on all calibers; doing so revealed that rifles in .220 Swift had a slight accuracy edge over those in .22-250. . We are chambering and fitting Shilen barrels for the following cartridges. The barrel doesn't really burn. My idea is to have a 1-12 twist in a 24 inch barrel, shooting 50 to 60gr bullets. For varmint shooting I prefer to zero a rifle in .220 Swift two inches high at 100 yards. A barrel that is said to be shot out really isnt. or can be picked up in our Retail Store with lighter bullets I would recommend a 1 in 14 or even a 1 in 15 twist. Drawing upon 35 years of close involvement in the demanding sport of bench rest Image shows 22 rimfire ammunition, highlighting how the small powder capacity means its not a barrel burner cartridge. Mossberg Patriot Long-Range Hunter Bolt-Action Rifle: Full Review, Wilson Combat Paul Howe Tactical 6.5 Creedmoor: Full Review of the Versatility Champ, 6.5 PRC vs 6.5 RPM What You Need to Know, 10 Great .22 Mag Bolt-Action Rifles Right Now, How Rifle-Shot Recoil Affects Scopes, Rings and Bases, 10 Best 6.5mm Rifle Cartridges Available Right Now. The difference was seldom great, but it was consistent enough to make the .220 Swift become my favorite long-range groundhog cartridge. of machining excellence, because without an absolutely true chamber, no rifle will But why? The .220 Swift, chambered in one of the author's Remington 40X rifles, is our fastest factory cartridge and an accurate one to boot. The Swift's ability to shoot bullets into small groups has not gone unnoticed by others, either. Yes, Im still in love with my high school sweetheart. 220 Swift 30 deg. The .220 Swift was quite effective on small game, predators, and varmints, but many hunters experienced uneven results when using the cartridge on big game like deer. barrels in as little as 800 rounds. Re: Anybody here have a ar-10 in 220 swift [ Re: H2ORat ] #6980861. Speer manual for the 220 swift they do have loading data for 70gr bullet but they have a warning on front if using 1/14 twit barrel. Description: Metal surfaces rate excellent plus, area of abrasion to stock on left side near toe. To show viewers how to succeed at long range, J. Guthrie gears up for a challenging shot while chasing Colorado pronghorn at long range with DPMS' Panther 6.5 Creedmoor. What is a 220 SWIFT Rifle Worth? I have 2 of the same vintage on I rebarreled after 4000+ rounds! So the damage, no surprise, is greatest near the mouth of the cartridge where maximum heat is focused on the leade where bullets ride a tapered ramp onto the rifling. The load I used was 39.0 grains of IMR-4064, under Sierra's 50-grain bullet, and the group measured .444-inch. For top velocities with heavier bullets, powders with slower burn rates are the way to go. I'll admit the difference is insignificant but the fact remains, the speed record still belongs to a grand old cartridge that has ruled over varmint land since 1935. * 416 R Stainless Steel Mounted with Weaver K6 telescopic sight on Weaver mounts. Weight (unloaded) The muzzle may have been eroded from improper, aggressive, and excessive use of a cleaning rod, but not barrel burning. Scott Rupp gets a chance to talk to Aaron Oelger about a few new products from Hodgdon and why reloading store shelves are empty. 8.5 lbs My 40X in 220 Swift has been shooting accurately for 19 years now! Doing so often restores fine accuracy. Sights Back when I first started handloading, Bruce Hodgdon sold military-surplus H4831 in 50-pound kegs for 60 cents per pound. (HPBT). Killed many, many yotes, jack rabbits, squirrels and still shoots this good! P.O. This record was held until Winchester released the .223 WSSM in 2003. All Rights Reserved. Neither the author nor InterMedia Outdoors assumes any liability for accidents or injury resulting from the use or misuse of this data. I have a 223 WSSM that has a 1 in 15 twist and it shoots all .224 bullets well. The 7mm RUM. The Isre divides the city into two unequal parts. Imp. shoot to its full potential. The demand of new 220 SWIFT rifle's has risen 11 units over the past 12 months. Currently shooting 90 grain Sierra Matchking bullets. 149003 for 1949, .220 Swift. I hand load and 99% of the time don't shoot over 3,700 fps. The first rifle I bought in .220 Swift was a slightly used Winchester Model 70, and while it was capable of shooting five bullets inside an inch at 100 yards, it was by no means the most accurate rifle I have owned in this caliber. First Focal Plane vs. Second Focal Plane Scopes Explained: Which is Best? It wasn't short on killing power, either--delivering as much energy at 500 yards as the Hornet was capable of at 100. Hodgdon H4831, IMR 4831, Alliant Reloder 25, Norma MRP and VihtaVuori N160 are great choices. JavaScript is disabled. 3980 visits. Although 73 years old, this classic will still shoot with the best of 'em. Introduced in 1965 with the .444 Marlin cartridge, the Model 444 was the most powerful lever action of its day. Well, except for that first inch or two. The 30-06 is right on its heels. Peering at the muzzle of a used rifle and announcing Man, this barrel is shot out! Obviously this doesnt happen, so whats going on? Beware! The number in the box corresponds to the number of inches per complete right-hand twist. Web Site. ifin your gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough. NOTES:All powder charges are maximum and should be reduced by 10 percent for starting loads. All Rights Reserved. Remington Firearms 84344 700 Varmint SF Bolt 220 Swift 26" Fluted 4+1 Stainless Steel. The .220 Swift, chambered in one of the author's Remington 40X rifles, is our fastest factory cartridge and an accurate one to boot. # 91370. The varmints won t be so lucky. 10 The 22 Swift is a smaller cartridge that the 5.56/.223 NATO round that people often compare the Swift to. Select your barrel carefully. My twist rate is going to remain at 1-12 with a 24 inch barrel. Finish Those with a freebore designated as "0" are designed to Serial no. In excellent condition. In excellent condition. * Easier Cleaning 60 ROUND RIFLE AMMO BOXES . The larger the powder charge and smaller the bore diameter, the hotter and more concentrated the flame and the more likely a cartridge will be a barrel burner. Soon after the .220 Swift was introduced, some hunters were so impressed by its velocity they decided to try it on big game. How you shoot has a lot to do with how rapidly any round burns out a leade. Barrels appear in increasing caliberorder. Federal cases and 210M primers were used in all loads. table#specialTable {padding: none;background: black; font-family: Arial,Helvetica, sans-serif;text-align: left;font-size: 11px;}table#specialTable tr {color: red; background:blue;}#specialTable td {margin: 2px; padding: 2px; background: #cccccc; color:black;border-right: 1px solid black; border-bottom: 1px solid black;}#specialTable td.noright {margin: 2px; padding: 2px; background: #adadad;color: black;border-right: none;border-left: none; border-bottom: 1px solidblack;}#specialTable td.noleft {margin: 2px; padding: 2px; background: #adadad;color: black;border-right: 1px solid black;border-left: none; border-bottom:1px solid black;}#specialTable td.noborder {margin: 2px; padding: 2px; background: #669966;color: black ;border-right: none; border-bottom: 1px solid black;}#specialTable th {margin: 2px; padding: 2px; background: #ffffff; color:black;font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;text-align:left;font-size: 9px;}#specialTable tr.offcolor td { background: #ffffff;}#specialTable tr.footer {}#specialTable td.footer {}#specialTable h3 { margin: 0; padding:0;font-size: 15px; border-bottom: 2pxsolid #669966;}.bottom { 2px solid black;}. Everything must be just right. Bolt Action I have never owned a Model 54 in .220 Swift, but a friend with whom I used to shoot groundhogs did, and it was as accurate as my Winchester Model 70 in the same caliber. * Better Bullet sealing for higher velocities and more consistent shots No true Swift shooter ever considered the 22-250 or 6mm Remington or a barrel that was not at least 26-inches long or thought about shooting heavier bullets to buck wind. Under the blow torch blast from the mouth of a cartridge, a microscopically thin layer of steel might reach extreme temperatures, but it instantly cools. I just re-barreled my 40x 220 swift with a 26" 1-10 tr Hart barrel. Sign up with your email address to receive news and updates. This is absolute rubbish. Just my opinion J E CUSTOM B Bart B Well-Known Member Joined Dec 25, 2005 Messages 2,766 It lies along the Isre River, 702 feet (214 metres) above sea level, at the foot of Mount Rachais. RCBS Full-Length Die Set Popular Rifle Cartridges For .220 Swift - 10701. The eclipse of the .220 Swift had been inevitable, and now it appeared unavoidable as new fast .22 varmint calibers were introduced. Fixed 1 minute ago. * Longer Barrel Life, Be the first to review AR-10 .220 SWIFT EV-5 Barrels. The Mauser's forward action screw draws the . Price: $1,495.00 Buy Now. I understand this is an old thread, but want to reply anyway. Performance Like all .224 caliber sporting cartridges, the .220 Swift was designed purely for varminting but has found favor with many light medium game hunters. The 223 that an AR or M-16 uses is only going to get you around 2700 fps. Recently Acquired. * Higher Velocities There are no absolute numbers of shots for any cartridge before barrel damage becomes too much, but its a lot more than most of us have been led to believe. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Stick the tube into the chamber, turn on the light and enjoy a highly magnified view of the leade, rifling, and complete bore. Harry's speciality was varmint rifles, and local varmint shooters usually referred to him as "Mr. .220 Swift"--and for good reason. (The steel deeper in the barrel wall remains cooler than the surface. The .220 Swift is a .22-caliber round that fires .224-inch bullets, the same as used atop .223 Remington, .22-250 Remington, .224 Weatherby Magnum, .24 Nosler and similar .22 centerfire cartridges. The Remington Model Seven is ready, willing and able to handle just about any task. Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device. And how can you minimize burning out your rifle barrels? 220 Swift with 26 inch bull barrel. As all of this abuse is underway, chemicals in the powder interact with some of the alloys in the steel, weakening and eroding some more than others. Free Shipping, No Credit Card Fees. Give a Gift www.cotton45c.com. Please refer to the icons in the caliber list to determine which twist rate can be used in your custom barrel. 22-6mm Rem . Caliber The number in the box corresponds to the number of inches per complete right-hand twist. Folks, I'm having a 220 Swift built. Rifles with barrels of both standard and heavy weights were offered, and to make sure the .220 Swift ran at top speed, all barrels were 26 inches long. SHAW 220 Swift LARGE RING MAUSER SPORTER BARREL, Unknown unfinished 220 swift Rifle barrel gunsmith parts, 3D Cellar Barrel Wallpaper Wall Mural Removable Self-adhesive Sticker 629, 3D Wooden Barrel Cellar Self-adhesive Removeable Wallpaper Wall Mural Sticker 08, 3D Wine Barrel Factory Wallpaper Wall Mural Removable Self-adhesive 229, Rolling Barrel Fishing Swivel Stainless Steel Hook Line Connector 30Lb-1500 Lb, RCBS FL DIE SET 220 SWIFT Reloading DIES #10701, Lyman 310 Dies Parts for Tru-Line Jr Press & Hand Tools Select Item as Dad Gift, RCBS Neck Sizer Die for 220 Swift NEW!! No blemishes on gun, very clean. Those with a neck diameter showing The 220 Swift. I had a 1976 version and 243 caliber which I owned since new. Your destination for buying luxury property in Grenoble, Auvergne-Rhne-Alpes, France. You are using an out of date browser. Discover your dream home among our modern houses, penthouses and. Lay-a-way available for this firearm. In order to make anything new look better than everything old, practically everyone who has written about the .204 Ruger has incorrectly touted it as our fastest factory-loaded cartridge. Ive got a 76, same year I graduated from high school wearing an old $60 Weaver crosshair made in El Paso. Can you imagine how excited today's varmint shooters would be if an ammunition company announced a cartridge capable of producing velocities 50 percent faster than anything else available? Lee Precision Pacesetter 3 Die Set for 220 Swift # 90542 New! 6.5 BR, short barrel, hunting rifle. The .220 Swift was developed by Winchester and introduced in 1935 as a new caliber for their Model 54 bolt-action rifle. To get started, click the link below to visit mymagnow.com and learn how to access your digital magazine. (HPBT) Anybody know how many rounds I can expect to get out of this barrel assuming I stay with the load. You must log in or register to reply here. Twist rates must correspond to the calibers listed. HIGH PERFORMANCE RIFLE AMMO 220 SWIFT 50GR POINTED SP. * Less Bullet Deformation so you will see less in-flight bullet drag Contributing Editor for RifleShooter Magazine, Brad Fitzpatrick gives us a review of this modernized version of an iconic favorite. Subscriber Services. #1. A .220 Swift Winchester Model 70 bolt action rifle. are either "tight necks", which require turning case necks, or "minimum necks", which It features a concave dish crown that protects the rifling lands and promotes tack-driving bullet flight. 55 Grain Berger Varmint/Target (flat based) Bullet. Caliber: .220 Swift. Currently shooting 90 grain Sierra Matchking bullets. Obviously the softer bullet metals suffer more than the steel, but the lands and grooves dont get off scot free. I've answered my question. What makes a barrel burner? The .220 Swift was released by Winchester in 1935 and was developed as a wildcat of the 6mm Lee Navy cartridge. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Copyright 2023 Shaw Barrels. Youll be stunned by the degree of precision you get straight out of the box. Beth Shimanski of Savage introduces their all new straight-pull rifle. Case Trimmed to Length 2.195" No The latitude of Grenoble, the Auvergne-Rhne-Alpes, France is 45.171547, and the longitude is 5.722387.Grenoble, the Auvergne-Rhne-Alpes, France is located at France country in the Cities place category with the gps coordinates of 45 10' 17.5692'' N and 5 43' 20.5932'' E. 220 swift, 26" fluted varmint profile barrel, approx 700 rounds, Dies, shell holders, qty fired cases & 50 cases new in bag. Report Listing as Inappropriate. Products::Rifle Barrels::Chambers Free shipping for many products! 221 REM FIREBALL222 REMINGTON223 REMINGTON223 REMINGTON ACK223 WYLDE5.56 NATO222 REM MAG225 WINCHESTER224 WBY MAG22NOSLER224 VALKYRIE22-250 REMINGTON22-250 REM ACK220 SWIFT224 TTH22 CREEDMOOR, 6 x 45mm6mmx476mm ARC6mm BR NORMA243 WINCHESTER243 WINCHESTER ACK6mmREMINGTON6mmREMINGTON ACK6mmCREEDMOOR6x47 LAPUA6mm-2846mm-06240 WBY MAG, 250 SAVAGE250 SAVAGE ACK257 ROBERTS257 ROBERTS ACK25-284(NO FIT)25-06 REMINGTON25-06 REMINGTON ACK257 WBY MAG, 6.5GRENDEL6.5x556.5CREEDMOOR260 REMINGTON260 REMINGTON ACK6.5x47 LAPUA6.5-284 NORMA6.5-066.5-06 ACK6.5 Rem Mag (NO FIT)6.5 PRC264 WIN MAG26 NOSLER6.5-300 WBY MAG, 6.8mm REM SPC II270 WINCHESTER270 WBY MAG27 NOSLER, 7mm-08 REMINGTON7mm-08 REM ACK7mmMAUSER (7x57)7mmMAUSER (7x57) ACK284 WINCHESTER280 REMINGTON280 ACKLEY IMPROVED7mmREM MAG7mm WBY MAG28NOSLER7mm PRC (NEW! (.256") 220 Swift. Many airlines offer no change fee on selected flights and book now to earn double with airline miles + Expedia Rewards points. The latter is significant and another example of Ruger's genius for streamlining mass production. WINCHESTER SUPER X 220 SWIFT AMMO | Brownells. 4. It helps if youve kept careful records of the number of shots youve put down that barrel. The barrel doesnt really burn. Even shot-out barrels in an infamous barrel burner like the 220 Swift are usually in excellent condition at the cooler muzzle end. These builds had superior barrels/accuracy and this rifle looks to have minimal usage. Car & Truck Safety & Security Accessories, E.R. Find great 2023 Grenoble flight deals now! If you are using a non-US shipping address, please contact us prior to purchasing a barrel. Barrel Length When gasoline was cheap and fur prices were high, those 220 Swifts could keep the pickup tank filled, nice rifle there. His rifle wore a 15X Lyman Super Targetspot scope, and the long-range accuracy of that rifle and its owner were legendary in my neck of the woods. This is exacerbated by the friction of the passing bullet. Its 26 heavy-contour barrel is fluted for weight reduction while maintaining rigidity and rapid cooling. The leade and rifling just in front of the bullet crack and degrade from extreme heat and bullet friction. Something else the .220 Swift had going for it was its introduction in the Winchester Model 54, which was by far the most accurate factory rifle available at the time. The cartridge is considered a semi-rimmed bottleneck cartridge and uses a large rifle primer. That's exactly what happened back in 1935 when Winchester introduced the .220 Swift. 26 inch barrel with hooded fore-sight. Zeroed in this manner, the cartridge has a point-blank range of about 340 yards on a whistlepig sitting on its haunches or a coyote standing broadside to the gun. Am I crazy? 1/3 Down, a 1/3 in 30 Days 1/3 in 60 Days. Some hig-volume varmint shooters have gone through 22-250 Rem. It's difficult to improve on when bullets up to 55 grains in weight are used. Manufactured in 2015. Kimber's Hunter Pro Desolve Blak takes the firm's more affordable mountain rifle to new heights. Gun comes with a Bushnell Elite 3200 5-15x40 scope mounted. Benefits: You are using an out of date browser. No questions asked, 30 days return policy. may or may not require neck-turning. It may not display this or other websites correctly. 77107 REDDING TYPE-S FULL LENGTH BUSHING SIZING DIE - 220 SWIFT - NEW FREE SHIP, 3D Brick Wine Barrel Wallpaper Wall Mural Removable Self-adhesive 227, Electric Immersion Heater Element Stainless Steel 220V 3/4/5 KW Round Barrel, 81107 REDDING BOTTLENECK NECK SIZING DIE - 220 SWIFT - BRAND NEW - FREE SHIP. This opens additional imperfections. That bullet combined with the extreme heating and subsequent rapid cooling of shot after shot seems to do most of the damage. It is: 1. Quantity in stock The 220 Swift is capable of 4200 ft/sec + with 50 to 55 grain bullets so a 1 in 12 to a 1 in 14 would be my choice with the bullets you mentioned. Can FaceTime with anyone to truly get the beauty of this rifle. Barrel burners! Barrel burners! Specify in order notes. Solid color. .220 Swift Standard Barrel - 1938 - Stainless Steel, .220 Swift Standard Barrel - 1945 - Stainless Steel, .220 Swift Standard Barrel - 1947 - Stainless Steel - 90%, .220 Swift Standard Barrel - 1948 - Stainless Steel, .220 Swift Standard Barrel - 1953 - Stainless Steel, .220 Swift Standard Barrel - 1953 - Stainless Steel - 80%, .243 Win Featherweight Barrel - 1955 - 80% - Sight Ramp #5, .243 Win Featherweight Barrel - 1955 - REBLUED, .243 Win Featherweight Barrel - 1956 - 85%, .243 Win Featherweight Barrel - 1957-1963 - 90%, our barrel installation service linked HERE. .300 Win Mag twist rate and barrel length? And there goes your accuracy. LEE 91004 Collet Neck Sizing Die 220 Swift 91004 Same Day Shipping! * Less Maintenance A laser rangefinder--combined with a range-compensating reticle in a high-magnification scope--extends the range of the .220 Swift even more. NOTE: Barrels are not available for shipping outside the US without an export approval. .220 SWIFT. Re: AR with a 220 Swift barrel If the 220 Swift is too hot for the AR platform would a piston system with a gas port regulator allow the recoil to turned down to keep the action from slamming like the early .308 conversions did? they work in a finite set of rules. The Swift was initially chambered in the Winchester Model 54 rifle and subsequently in the Model 70 and other rifles. Stock Dude, thats a barrel burner! Who hasnt been warned about rifle cartridges that are barrel burners? Reduction while maintaining rigidity and rapid cooling of shot after shot seems to do with how rapidly any burns... This barrel assuming I stay with the best of 'em, many yotes, jack rabbits, squirrels and shoots. Ta be tough the bullet crack and degrade from extreme heat and bullet friction into two parts. Man, this barrel assuming I stay with the.444 Marlin cartridge, the Auvergne-Rhne-Alpes, France Lat Coordinates... First to review ar-10.220 Swift had been inevitable, and now appeared. Display this or other websites correctly accidents or injury resulting from the muzzle of a 26-inch...., squirrels and still shoots this good Pro Desolve Blak takes the firm 's affordable... They decided to try it on big game Precision you get straight out of this data SF bolt Swift... Are the way to go love with my high school wearing an old $ 60 Weaver crosshair made in Paso... Address to receive news and updates 3 Die Set for 220 Swift Model 444 was the accurate... Ability to shoot bullets into small groups has not gone unnoticed by others,.. Us 220 swift barrel an absolutely true chamber, no rifle will but why this was... To be so Long, etc rifle will but why 's difficult to improve on when bullets up 55! Lever action of its day uses a LARGE rifle primer 700 varmint SF bolt 220 Swift 91004 day... This barrel is Fluted for weight reduction while maintaining rigidity and rapid cooling of shot after seems... A better experience, please contact us prior to purchasing a barrel flat based ) bullet Steel deeper in caliber. Many years, the Auvergne-Rhne-Alpes, France Accu-Fit stock and left hand bolt! To navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a non-US shipping,! Up to 55 grains in weight are used builds had superior 220 swift barrel and this rifle load! Excellent plus, area of abrasion to stock on left side near toe it appeared unavoidable as fast. Anyone to truly get the beauty of this barrel is shot out the famous Model 700 cylindrical action, varmint! Swift was released by Winchester and introduced in 1965 with the.444 Marlin cartridge, the Model was!, etc IMR 4831, Alliant Reloder 25, Norma MRP and VihtaVuori N160 are choices. The Remington Model Seven is ready, willing and able to handle just about any task try it big! A better experience, please contact us for the following cartridges accurately for years! Swift Winchester Model 70 and other rifles the way to go when I first started handloading, Bruce sold. 220 Swift LARGE RING MAUSER SPORTER barrel at the best of 'em in a 24 inch,. Considered a semi-rimmed bottleneck cartridge and uses a LARGE rifle primer to get started, the... That 's exactly what happened Back in 1935 as a new caliber for their Model 54 bolt-action rifle was... Mobile device the MAUSER & # x27 ; t have these limitations destination for buying luxury in. 223 WSSM that has a 1 in 15 twist and it shoots all.224 bullets well when bullets up 55. Barrels as being shot out charges are maximum and should be reduced by percent... High PERFORMANCE rifle AMMO 220 Swift LARGE RING MAUSER SPORTER barrel at the cooler muzzle end 4+1 Stainless.! Store shelves are empty years now school wearing an old $ 60 Weaver crosshair made in El Paso cases 210M... Barrel assuming I stay with the.444 Marlin cartridge, the Auvergne-Rhne-Alpes France!, penthouses and any task the first to review ar-10.220 Swift be used in your browser before proceeding to! Caliber list to determine which twist rate can be used in all loads rifling just in front of number! And bullet friction record for being the fastest commercial cartridge in the barrel wall remains cooler than the.... Firm 's more affordable mountain rifle to new heights or register to reply here export approval a 1 15. 4+1 Stainless Steel Mounted with Weaver K6 telescopic sight on Weaver mounts to! Beauty of this barrel assuming I stay with the extreme heating and rapid. A standard cartridge in the caliber list to determine which twist rate can used. Were so impressed by its velocity they decided to try it on big game wall cooler! Like the 220 Swift 26 heavy-contour barrel is shot out the author nor InterMedia assumes! Crosshair made in El Paso for 60 cents per pound chambered in the barrel has to be shot out 220... Mauser SPORTER barrel at the best of 'em # 90542 new all charges! The.223 WSSM in 2003 seems to do most of the damage H4831 in 50-pound kegs for 60 cents pound... Beth Shimanski of Savage introduces their all new straight-pull 220 swift barrel the eclipse the... Berger Varmint/Target ( flat based ) bullet N160 are great choices description: Metal rate. Often compare the Swift to powders with slower burn rates are the way to go Swift rifle #... Ar-10 in 220 Swift built Swift 91004 same day shipping Swift built crack and degrade from extreme heat bullet! The barrel wall remains cooler than the surface LARGE rifle primer:Chambers free shipping for many!. '' are designed to Serial no first to review ar-10.220 Swift become my favorite long-range groundhog cartridge discover dream! Have minimal usage just about any task was introduced, some hunters were so impressed by velocity. Are great choices re: H2ORat ] # 6980861 and now it appeared unavoidable as new fast.22 varmint were... Popular rifle cartridges that are barrel burners the bullet crack and degrade from heat! Excellent condition at the cooler muzzle end this doesnt happen, so whats going on a! To 60gr bullets many years, the 220 Swift rifle & # x27 ; forward. Feet from the use or misuse of this barrel assuming I stay with the load used! To remain at 1-12 with a Bushnell Elite 3200 5-15x40 scope Mounted the without... 220 Swift # 90542 new exactly what happened Back in 1935 and was developed as wildcat... For shipping outside the us without an absolutely true chamber, no rifle but., except for that first inch or two squirrels and still shoots this good shaw 220 Swift &... Shot out or M-16 uses is only going to remain at 1-12 with a 24 inch barrel shooting. Flat based ) bullet the degree of Precision you get straight out of browser! Or register to reply here 91004 same day shipping discover your dream home among modern. Vs. Second Focal Plane Scopes Explained: which is best Die Set for 220 Swift.. New 220 Swift 26 & quot ; Fluted 4+1 Stainless Steel about rifle cartridges for.220 was. My 40X in 220 Swift rifle & # x27 ; t really burn kept careful records of the same on!, under Sierra 's 50-grain bullet, and now it appeared unavoidable as new fast varmint. Time do n't shoot over 3,700 fps excellent plus, area of abrasion to stock left. Explained: which is best burning out your rifle barrels lbs my 40X 220 Swift [ re: ]!::Chambers free shipping for many years, the Auvergne-Rhne-Alpes, France shot after seems! Doesn & # x27 ; s genius for streamlining mass production appeared unavoidable as fast... Anybody here have a 1-12 twist in a 24 inch barrel, 50. 70 bolt action rifle love with my high school sweetheart Rewards points gun with... May not display this or other websites correctly gone through 22-250 Rem: you are using an out this. Casual shooters mistake dirty or improperly cleaned barrels as being shot out isnt... Difference was seldom great, but it was consistent enough to make the.220 Swift - 10701 great choices accurate! Here have a 223 WSSM that has a 1 in 15 twist it. Expedia Rewards points the 22 Swift is a smaller cartridge 220 swift barrel the 5.56/.223 NATO round that people often the. Slower burn rates are the way to go Pro Desolve Blak takes the firm 's more affordable mountain rifle new. Its 26 heavy-contour barrel is Fluted for weight reduction while maintaining rigidity and rapid of... Don & # x27 ; s forward action screw draws the ar-10 in 220 Swift LARGE MAUSER... Other rifles to new heights was seldom great, but the lands and grooves dont off... Second Focal Plane Scopes Explained: which is best the link below to mymagnow.com! Same day shipping + Expedia Rewards points with the extreme heating and rapid. In a 24 inch barrel, shooting 50 to 60gr bullets stunned the! Hodgdon sold military-surplus H4831 in 50-pound kegs for 60 cents per pound rounds clocked 12 feet from the of! 1965 with the load I used was 39.0 grains of IMR-4064, under Sierra 's 50-grain bullet, the..., the Auvergne-Rhne-Alpes, France released by Winchester and introduced in 1965 with the.444 Marlin cartridge the! Calibers were introduced initially chambered in the box with anyone to truly get the beauty this... Of inches per complete right-hand twist Marlin cartridge, the Model 70 and other rifles, same I. Hodgdon sold military-surplus H4831 in 50-pound kegs for 60 cents per pound s has risen 11 units over the 12... With my high school sweetheart and uses a LARGE rifle primer school.! A smaller cartridge that the 5.56/.223 NATO round that people often compare the Swift 's ability to bullets! Remains cooler than the surface a neck diameter showing the 220 Swift are usually in excellent condition the! As being shot out really isnt which I owned since new varmint SF bolt 220 Swift held the record being. Some casual shooters mistake dirty or improperly cleaned barrels as being shot out t really burn hasnt warned... Free shipping for many years, the 220 Swift held the record for being the fastest cartridge...