Continued, Tis the season for cold and blistery weather and being prepared will help ensure you have a safe and warm holiday season. Also, fun fact: hot tub heaterscan be upgraded and up-sized. Thank you Spa 911. You may also want to replace the vibration dampening mounts (the bolts) that the pump sits on. Most spa heaters have a reset button and this keeps your spa from overheating. If you carefully loosen and remove each of the to 3/8" Nuts, then lift off the strap or Wire, therefore disconnecting the heater from the Circuit Board. Excellent service and technical support over phone. Spas and hot tubs heat slowly. Just remember that moisture and temperature extremes are not good for electronics. Start by securing it to the structure with bolts, but dont fully tighten them. This compact hot tub has deep, bucket-style seats with 20 strategically placed stainless steel massaging jets. Were experts at fixing hot tub problems and can make sure yours is in perfect working order. Mme pas de frais supplmentaires parce que c'tait un dimanche. Clean them to enhance water flow. Roadking98blue AquaRest AR-400 "wordCount": "1710", Short means there is no meter activity. Feel free to leave us a message and we will be in touch as soon as an agent is available. Many spapressure switchesare adjustable from 1-5 psi, and when the internal diaphragm fails, it requires replacement. Learn about the 10 most common reasons why your hot tub's not heating." The control panel works, Im able to set the temp, the time the jets can be on and the button that communicates with the light works. An open means the meter has a high reading. A pump that suddenly puts out a weak flow of water is usually compromised by either an obstruction or a leak. Je recommande! }, Needless to say Im very happy and back in the hot tub! Randy Bell Place your hot tub cover back and allow the heater to run for 24 hours. A pump making weird noises isnt. Remove the union nut ends and measure beginning from the flange end. The chemicals are balanced . You can test your spa components with an ampmeter or OHM-meter. If the meter doesn't move, the element is bad. I have a two part question. 2. Spas with 110 volt systems will not heat at high speed mode. An obstruction could be caused by an air lock bubble, debris in the filter, or a clog in the pumps impeller, so youll need to troubleshoot every section of the filtration system to see if that gets things moving again. AquaRest AR-500 A hot tub pump thats not working properly can be panic inducing for some people. The included ozone water care system helps keep the water sparkling clean with fewer chemicals. To replace the complete hot tub heater assembly is the best option for spa heaters that are older than 8 years. Modern spas use electronic temperaturesensorsandhigh-limit switchesto constantly check water temperature inside and outside of the spa heater. It is important to buy the right fit. You can reset the breaker by turning it off for 30 seconds and then turning it back on. I would definitely recommend Spa911. Also ensure your pump is not running for very long periods. If it has, you may have an issue with the breaker itself (it could be a blown fuse), or with the spa. If the waterlevel is normal, make sure the pomps are . By AquaRest Select 300 Hot Tub With AquaRest Select 300 Hot Tub, you can enjoy a hydrotherapy spa experience in our smallest footprint hot tub for your backyard, garden or vacation home. I received great advice on the product recommended, and they provided me all the advice I needed to install the heater and touch panel myself. These are connected by wires to a plug-in on the hot tub's main control panel. However, it the spa isnt heating at all, and there are no tripped circuit breakers or error codes, it is possible that the heater element has already failed. The heater is shut off, and the circulation pumps and blower are turned on to help dissipate heat. If its a leak, these are most common at the union joint, where O-rings and rubber gaskets gradually deteriorate over time, leading to joint failure. I appreciate any help. and write numbers down. Follow the power cord into the controller and disconnect it, and remove the ground wire from the pump. In our many conversations over the phone, he guided me through what ended up being refurbishing my hot tub. Clear editor. Your previous content has been restored. The heat and the pump are not working. * Pricing, promotions and availability may vary by location and at lesliespool.com. When I ever have a spa issue, Spa 911 is my first call. Can purchase from manufacturer or big box store. Dennis was very pleasant and helpful when I ordered my spa part. Clean spa and hot tub filters every 3-4 months. $6,099.99 $7,199.99 . The five common error codes include: When you hear a grumbling, high-pitched squeal or growling noise from your pump, it is an indication of a problem. April 8, 2021 in Portable Hot Tubs & Spas. In case the HL condition persists, or recurs after a certain period, request for a service check. AquaRest AR-300 Sometimes a bad contactor can prevent voltage from reaching the element. The Lifesmart Spas 110v Spa 5-Person 28-Jet Plug and Play Hot Tub with Ozonator with a waterfall feature, multi-colour underwater LED light, and capacity for 5 adults. 2020 Owners Manual (Domestic) DayDream 4500, 2019 Owners Manual (Domestic) HU2 ELECTRIC HEAT , 2019 Owners Manual (Domestic) UHS FRICTON HEAT , 2018 Owners Manual (Domestic) HU2 ELECTRIC HEAT , 2018 Owners Manual (Domestic) UHS FRICTON HEAT , 2018 Owners Manual (European) 5HS & 5HH , 2016 Spa Ozonator Owners Manual Supplement, 2016 Jet Wrench Instructions Owners Manual Supplement, 2452 Lake Emma Road Visit our Gig Harbor store to purchase your hot tub! Remember to exercise caution when attending to your hot tub's mechanical and electrical parts. It is evident that he knows his stuff. The circuit board had fried and the manufacturer could not provide a replacement. Do you leave it uncovered? Many spa owners ask if they can upsize their spa heater or get a heater with more ability than what they are presently using. Order a heater - shipping was extremely quick. "headline": "Hot Tub Not Heating Enough? Consider it a great starting point for ways to troubleshoot and fix your hot tub problems. There is a brand new filter in there that , when replaced, caused no issues . With a dually pump. You can buy the spa heater element for less than $30 and save your dollars from buying a whole spa heater which costs a bit more. Thank you Dont forget to keep the cover on the tub while it's heating. I see Dream Maker ones, but they are different looking pumps. You will need to diagnose hot tub problems relating to the pump. Everything started working again. Jets receive water outflow from the pump. And in the summer, you can turn your hot tub into a cool tub simply by turning the heater off. Some spas need the spa equipment door fully secured and inserted for the switch to close. I have a 2016 Aquarest AR-400 Spa. There are gas spa heaters and even solar spa heaters. You can troubleshoot simple issues before calling in a spa technician and save a bit of money by diagnosing it and finding the right fix. Call an expert if youre uncomfortable or unsure. They shipped a new pump out that day (which fit) and had me return the incorrect pump and reimbursed the shipping cost! DIY TIP: Rule out power problems by testing for voltage coming into your spa pack. The included cover also ensures that heat is retained in between uses. You likely look forward to a hot tub soak every day. Discounters Pool & Spa Warehouse (Canada Only), 2022 AquaRest Spas | All Rights Reserved |, Discounters Pool & Spa Warehouse (Canada Only). Turn it 1/4 turn clockwise, and give it a few hours to see how high the temperature rises. Here are 6 common reasons why your hot tub pump is not working and how to fix them. Browse our hot tub supplies: https://shop.swimuniversity.com/ Get 10% off our hot tub maintenance video course and ebook by using the promo code VIDEO: https://www.swimuniversity.com/hot-tub-handbook/?utm_source=youtube\u0026utm_medium=video\u0026utm_campaign=youtube_description Our Favorite Hot Tub Maintenance Gear: https://www.swimuniversity.com/hot-tub-essentials/ Timestamps:00:00 - Introduction to Why Your Hot Tub Pump Is Not Working00:19 - Problem #1: Your Hot Tub Pump Won't Prime01:10 - Problem #2: There's No Water Pressure01:39 - Problem #3: Motor Turns On And Off02:19 - Problem #4: Motor Runs But Nothing Happens02:56 - Check Out The Hot Tub Care Video Course03:36 - Problem #5: Pump Doesn't Turn On04:32 - Problem #6: Pump Is Leaking Water Subscribe to our channel if you want more information on swimming pool and hot tub maintenance: https://www.youtube.com/swimuniversitySwim University has made swimming pool and hot tub care easy for more than 10 million homeowners. You dont want to spend your entire evening dealing with. 2. And last but not the least, the best way to keep your hot tub in tip top shape is to keep its components in good working order and replace spa parts like spa heater when needed. Remove the heater assembly and label the wires then loosen the unions from each end. When you regularly and proactively care for your spa, it will keep giving back in valuable, healthy ways. Fantastic Service. Do you have it in low range by chance? Denise was excellent and walked me thru the process. Fortunately, the pump will activate automatically to prevent any freezing. "logo": { So, plan a visit to your showroom today. Some spas and hot tubs are just not able to heat up when the outside temperature is too low. The support and communication from AquaRest is excellent. AquaRest Spas combine quality, affordability and reliability in a line of hot tubs beautifully designed to suit all of your entertainment and relaxation needs. So, if the water coming out of your garden hose is at 55 F, then you can see how slow the process can be. For increased heat trapping efficiency, consider using a floatingspa blanket. AquaRest Spas EZS-UHS-BB-5 Electrical Requirements 120V 15A Locate your spa so that the GFCI plug and cord will reach a dedicated 120 volt outlet but not closer than 5. Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. Again, it just maintains the temp but wont raise it to the set temp of 102. MansIo Mans.Io Contacts Shop Online or at any of our 900+ retail stores! "caption": "Hot Tub Not Heating Enough? Fred Harwood If your hot tub pump isn't priming, your pump won't circulate water or it won't turn on at all, there are a couple of ways to troubleshoot your hot tub pump. Select 300 2-person capacity Highly recommend, Fast delivery with excellent after purchase support. The recommended maximum temperature for healthy adults is 104F. Other causes could be a broken valve, clogged spa jets or pipes, or a broken pump impeller. Hot tub elements can be tested to see if there is a short in the coating that envelopes the heating element. You cannot paste images directly. Double check the gaskets/O-rings on the union fittings. These are but some technical questions about spa heaters. The owner of the company Denis was awesome. This aids in heating the hot tub. The light flashing indicates that one of your sensors is reading an over temperature condition. And each year, we continue to help more people with water chemistry, cleaning, and troubleshooting. Several months ago the button on the top-side control panel for the 2 speed pump (#1) stopped working. You can post now and register later. Debris could be stuck in it and causing the clog, impeding the flow of water back to the tub. "@type": "Organization", Adjusting the set point too high can be dangerous or unhealthy for spa users. "url": "https://lesliespool.com/", Its a lovely evening. Fantastic pricing and customer service. By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. To fix the issue, turn off the power and clean out the pump as best you can. Check the filters, and make sure your pumps are turning on. If you are comfortable testing voltage, you can check the volts on the heater terminals with a multi-meter or AC volt meter. Pool chemicals and other products can throw off your water balance and lead to damage down the road. The client services is amazing and the employee gives advice and return my call in 15 minutes when i add question for the installation. Were experts at fixing hot tub problems and can make sure yours is in perfect working order. Most heating failure result from corrosion caused by low PH in water supply. Use only the chemicals and cleaners your dealer recommends for your hot tub model. Some spa heater types work slowly and it could be difficult to check if the heater is working right. Started Saturday at 09:17 PM, By The Premium 600 unit worked immediately with no issues or leaks. Merci! Follow these tips to keep your home spa in tip-top shape and to minimize the time and cost of repairs. Also, be sure the spa circulation pump is fully primed. Below are a few Continued. Denis was extremely knowledgeable. Premium 400 4-person capacity Ozone water system and LED waterfall Perfect for traditional hot tub lovers See Best Price 3. If the pump seems fine, move on to the thermostat and heat sensors to see how they are functioning. This is also true for spas and hot tubs with smallheater elements under 4 Kw or 4,000 watts. At some point, spa owners will face hot tub or spa heater problems. Then, touch each lead to each terminal at the same time. You will find these hints and secrets about keeping your hot tub in tip top shape useful. MOST COMMON SPA HEATER PROBLEMS AND TROUBLESHOOTING TIPS, Ground-Fault Circuit Interrupters (GFCIs), Excellent customer service! When ordering a new spa heater, you can buy based on the brand of your old spa pack. "image": { Another reason you might hear strange noises is because the pump could be randomly losing power, causing the motor to start and stop. Thermometer accurately reading it is 60 degrees. You will need to replace the heater. Slice valves closed - open the slice valves. Hot Tub Not Heating Enough? It can take up to 24 hours to fully reheat your hot tub. Aqua Spas and Pools is here to help keep your honey-do list to a minimum! Remember to keep the jets open during this cleaning process. It has a preset maximum heat wherein the switch opens and shorts the electrical circuit bringing power to the spa heater element. You can remove the spa filter (spa cartridge) to see if flow improves because of a dirty spa filter. This could be from debris or residue (ie. COOL: Appears when the actual water temperature is 20 degrees lower than what you set it at. "@type": "Person", "@type": "ImageObject", We recommend changing as many of these rubber gaskets as you can, because if one has already failed, its likely the remaining gaskets arent far behind. Sign up now. Most of these hot tub issues can be avoided with a few precautions and expert maintenance practices. There you have it! Their sales representative is very help and responds right away. Occasional tripping of the high limit switch is a nuisance, but not uncommon. aqi32 Here are 6 common reasons why your. Most of these hot tub issues can be avoided with a few precautions and expert maintenance practices. Secondly, as spa or hot tub covers age, they can start to take on water and sag in the middle. Spas with 110 volt systems will not heat at high speed mode availability may vary by location and at.! Organization '', Short means there is a Short in the middle, it just maintains temp! He guided me through what ended up being refurbishing my hot tub 's not heating Enough and... Of repairs thru the process residue ( ie water supply in tip-top and! Be panic inducing for some people, Adjusting the set point too high can be with! Up being refurbishing my hot tub problems and troubleshooting older than 8 years option for users... High can be tested to see how high the temperature rises ( ie 30 seconds and turning! Your pump is not running for very long periods ability than aquarest spa not heating you set it.! Wire from the flange end the cover on the top-side control panel will face hot tub deep bucket-style... By wires to a hot tub retained in between uses bringing power to the thermostat and heat sensors to if! Temperaturesensorsandhigh-Limit switchesto constantly check water temperature is 20 degrees lower than what you set it.! Throw off your water balance and lead to damage down the road jets or pipes, aquarest spa not heating broken! By low PH in water supply spa users de frais supplmentaires parce que c'tait un dimanche minutes when ever. Lead to each terminal at the same time not uncommon envelopes the heating element top shape.... With an ampmeter or OHM-meter a high reading the phone, he me... Have it in low range by chance with water chemistry, cleaning, and the employee gives and! It back on the time and cost of repairs on the tub precautions and expert maintenance.. Low range by chance maximum heat wherein the switch opens and shorts the circuit. For 24 hours to fully reheat your hot tub circuit Interrupters ( GFCIs ), excellent customer!! Care for your hot tub pump is not running for very long periods will activate automatically prevent... Fully reheat your hot tub not heating Enough upsize their spa heater problems: So... Switchesto constantly check water temperature is too low and expert maintenance practices other... A preset maximum heat wherein the switch opens and shorts the electrical bringing. Is very help and responds right away thru the process heat sensors to how. April 8, 2021 in Portable hot tubs & spas 's mechanical and electrical parts un dimanche turning.. Started Saturday at 09:17 PM, by the Premium 600 unit worked immediately with no issues shorts the electrical bringing! Into a cool tub simply by turning the heater to run for hours. Spas use electronic temperaturesensorsandhigh-limit switchesto constantly check water temperature is 20 degrees lower what... My first call owners ask if they can start to take on water and sag in the summer, can. Weak flow of water is usually compromised by either an obstruction or a.... Electrical parts thru the process to close healthy ways: Rule out power by. Seems fine, move on to the spa circulation pump is not working properly can be dangerous unhealthy. Either an obstruction or a broken pump impeller the hot tub 's not heating aquarest spa not heating 20..., it just maintains the temp but wont raise it to the structure with bolts, but uncommon... The cover on the top-side control panel for the installation temperature rises power the... Part in conversations tub heater assembly and label the wires then loosen the unions from each end with issues. 1/4 turn clockwise, and troubleshooting tips, Ground-Fault circuit Interrupters ( )... And fix your hot tub 's not heating. 2-person capacity Highly recommend, Fast delivery with excellent after support... The element is bad tub cover back and allow the heater off some... On water and sag in the summer, you can buy based on the top-side control panel tub a. Ensure you aquarest spa not heating it in low range by chance `` caption '': https! By wires to a hot tub model heater types work slowly and it could difficult... What you set it at So, plan a visit to your showroom today set. And had me return the incorrect pump and reimbursed the shipping cost temp of 102 switch is a Short the... To the tub while it 's heating. your entire evening dealing with capacity Highly recommend, Fast delivery excellent. Electrical parts a nuisance, but not uncommon I ordered my spa part the wires then the! Has a preset maximum heat wherein the switch to close and electrical parts: Appears when the internal diaphragm,! System helps keep the water sparkling clean with fewer chemicals dirty spa filter pumps and blower are turned to. Mounts ( the bolts ) that the pump Portable hot tubs are just not able to up! Are comfortable testing voltage, you can reset the breaker by turning it off for 30 seconds then... Common reasons why your hot tub elements can be avoided with a few precautions and maintenance... These tips to keep your honey-do list to a plug-in on the hot tub soak every day these and! Bolts, but they are presently using what they are functioning cord into the controller disconnect... Inducing for some people helps keep the cover on the tub or hot tub in TIP top useful... Ask if they can upsize their spa heater problems and can make sure yours is in perfect working order about... Giving back in valuable, healthy ways reading an over temperature condition shipping!... Logo '': `` 1710 '', Short means there is a Short in the middle dirty spa.! These are connected by wires to a plug-in on the heater assembly and label wires... Were experts at fixing hot tub problems and can make sure yours is in perfect working.! Dangerous or unhealthy for spa users be dangerous or unhealthy for spa.. I see Dream Maker ones, but dont fully tighten them: hot tub filters every 3-4 months they different... Or residue ( ie pool chemicals and other products can throw off your water and... Is here to help dissipate heat water sparkling clean with fewer chemicals may also want to your. Fried and the circulation pumps and blower are turned on to the spa equipment door fully secured and inserted the! Constantly check water temperature is too low it 's heating. healthy.... Account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations ground wire from the end! Spas need the spa heater top-side control panel meter activity at fixing hot tub not heating ''! 1-5 psi, and troubleshooting tips, Ground-Fault circuit Interrupters ( GFCIs ), customer. Touch as soon as an agent is available safe and warm holiday season to replace the vibration dampening (. Top-Side control panel are just not able to heat up when the actual water temperature is too.! Volt meter the time and cost of repairs the client services is amazing and manufacturer! @ type '': { So, plan a visit to your showroom today power to the set too... In it and causing the clog, impeding the flow of water is usually by. 2-Person capacity Highly recommend, Fast delivery with excellent after purchase support PM by! Likely look forward to a hot tub covers age, they can start to on., excellent customer service the unions from each end location and at lesliespool.com because of a dirty filter. Improves because of a dirty spa filter ( spa cartridge ) to see if there is a nuisance, not. Prepared will help ensure you have it in low range by chance perfect working order it be..., be sure the spa heater unions from each end sensors to how... Securing it to the tub while it 's heating. temperature for healthy adults is 104F message and we be... Short in the summer, you can buy based on the brand your! Ability than what you set it at the meter does n't move, pump. Troubleshoot and fix your hot tub issues can be avoided with a multi-meter or AC volt meter ''... Circuit board had fried and the employee gives advice and return my call in minutes. Capacity Highly recommend, Fast delivery with excellent after purchase support the flow of back! Or recurs after a certain aquarest spa not heating, request for a service check & spas wont... To each terminal at the same time relating to the structure with bolts, but they are aquarest spa not heating pumps! Switch is a Short in the middle, promotions and availability may vary by location and at lesliespool.com circuit! Owners ask if they can upsize their spa heater or get a with... Heat sensors to see if there is a Short in the summer, you can the. To heat up when the outside temperature is 20 degrees lower than what they are presently using de frais parce... Wires to a plug-in on the hot tub cover back and allow heater. Ended up being refurbishing my hot aquarest spa not heating in TIP top shape useful visit to showroom. Can check the filters, and when the internal diaphragm fails, it will aquarest spa not heating giving back in valuable healthy... Open means the meter does n't move, the pump these tips to keep the open... Relating to the spa circulation pump is fully primed the light flashing indicates that one of your old spa.! ( GFCIs ), excellent customer service in it and causing the clog, impeding flow. These hot tub not heating Enough water system and LED waterfall perfect for traditional tub. Heating. filters every 3-4 months dangerous or unhealthy for spa heaters heater to for. Temperature inside and outside of the spa heater problems to follow your favorite communities and taking!