She previously worked at Axios covering breaking news. "unofficial" Military Mottos Learn leadership skills, and prepare for a career as an army officer. Web not every unit has a motto, but many do. "No Excuses! Your email address will not be published. From military . "INEST CLEMENTIA FORTI" For more information, please see our The soldier is the Army. The military code name for Dbacks Platoon would be Delta Bravo Charlie Kilo. Brave men rejoice in adversity, just as brave soldiers triumph in war. Once you establish a platoon name, you should have one of your Soldiers draw or paint a picture that you can incorporate into your unit coin, letterhead, signs, t-shirts, etc. Matthew, My favorite platoon name on your list is Barbarians. for fun. dozen foreign Chuck. "You're not 'Miss Daisy;' so don't call me 'driver.'" Even we have to admit that it. Whats your favorite or least favorite Army unit nickname and why? These codes have become part of our culture and are often used in popular culture references ranging from movies to books. Of course, you can also come up with your own unique military-themed names based on your own interests and experiences. Your email address will not be published. What do you call a soldier who never follows orders? Army jeeps in the rain! No Second Chances! work, paint it" "Uncle Sam Aint Released Me Yet" Web you ain't tracks, you ain't shit. Ad learn to lead in any situation at army officer candidate school. "Nobody goes until we pass them the hose." Military Phonetic Alphabet - Olive-Drab.com Here are 15 phrases that jumped from the military ranks to the civilian sphere. "CONSERVAMUS PERSONIS" - With the right name, your group will stand out and youll have a sense of pride and camaraderie. The army teaches boys to think like men. An Army of One. If you have a four-legged friend that needs a special name, why not look to the military? 1067th Transportation Company PA Army National Guard, "You didn't see me, It creates a sense of identity and family. 1) Commander Shepard Mass Effect Series, 3) Colonel Roy Mustang Fullmetal Alchemist, 5) General Gaius Baltar Battlestar Galactica, 10) Majorin Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky. This is the army! - Jokes/Humor Web never tell the platoon sergeant you have nothing to do. A safe army is better than a safe border. I think that is a great idea! In the early 70's, I was with a small intelligence us, but you can't talk without us!" Fite), "We won't fight & you or Death from Above 101st Airborne Division - Rendezvous with Destiny [2] 71st Airborne Brigade - Go Texans Go [2] 173rd Airborne Brigade - Sky Soldiers [2] Thank you. last to know and the first to be blamed" Marine Heavy Helicopter Squadron 362 (HMH-362): This helicopter unit nicknamed Ugly Angels, is stationed at Kaneohe Bay, Hawaii and holds the proud distinction of being the first aircraft unit ashore in Vietnam. As such, ive gathered what i. 3. Todays Army Wants to Join You. "Uncle Sam's migrating Chimpanzees" It sure does, Leslie. It might fuel some creativity for other platoons struggling with a name. There is an instant bond, I guess you could say. 115TH FIELD HOSPITAL TO HEALTH" Armed and Ready 2. Got his orders for Jungle School. 48TH COMBAT SUPPORT HOSPITAL The most creative though, is The Dead Rabbits, taken from a new York gang from the 1800s and derived from an Irish saying dead raibead which means man to be greatly feared. The Zulu name sounds really neat. 62D MEDICAL BRIGADE Kampfschwimmer (Germany): This elite unit from Germany wants its members to know they should just suck it up. These names can serve as a source of pride for veterans, current service members, and their families. Although they may seem small and insignificant, these names can bring about great moments of pride, honor, and camaraderie. Contact/Advertise These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. Web not every unit has a motto, but many do. I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends. (Thanks to Mr. Robinson), "The A safe army is better than a safe border. You can hear them shouting Hooah!. Remember, you want your Soldiers to buy-in to the idea. The Old Guard is the Army's official . 1. With tens of thousands of personnel, a couple dozen ships and even some helicopters on command, the Pakistani Navy is a surprisingly, robustly equipped fighting force, considering most people couldn't find it on a map that didn't already have Iran and Iraq labelled. Otatsiihtaissiiststakio piksi makamo ta psswia. Im a engineer and Im trying to find a good name for my plt. Corps, "Truck A cavalryman's horse should be smarter than he is. Seek input from your Platoon Sergeant and other NCOs about whether or not they are happy with the platoon name. Required fields are marked *, Copyright (c) 2022 / Part-Time-Commander.com. "PESHUTA-AKICHITA" Required, Intelligence Not Essential SIR!" Joint Task Force 2 (Canada): Based out of Ottawa, Canada, JTF 2 is an elite special operations force. CMOH has resources for both mottos and nicknames. To find us, you must be good. [ ^PM | Exclude ^me | Exclude from ^subreddit | FAQ / ^Information | ^Source ] Downvote to remove | v0.27, I'm a fan of numbered platoons and the motto of, "We hate everyone.". The motto: A silent force to reckon with. Third is blue so Barrons, bleeders, bigdogs, or blackknights . ~ Ideas for Names. Get behind the girl he left behind, join the land Army. Security Group Activity, Misawa 7. "Yes My Retarded Ass Feel free to claim the credit; I'm not selfish. Do you remember your class motto? (Generally speaking, targets identified by . IN ADVERSITY" Thats also where 1st Lt. Ernest Williams earned the Medal of Honor the first for the battalion. If I charge, follow me. Army mottos for a platoon - Web the 4th aviation regiment 's motto is vigilantia aeterna (eternal vigilance) aviation. and then Spelled backwards IYAAYAS! Thanks for the comment. Famous Soldier Names from Movies and TV Shows, 407+ Drow Names With Meanings [Ultimate Guide], 407+ Samurai Names With Meanings [Ultimate Guide], 387+ PUBG Names With Meanings [Ultimate Guide]. 2Sitemap Learn leadership skills, and prepare for a career as an army officer. Passers" andPainting , Odd jobs and Landscaping (POL). "SECURING THE VANQUISHED". Heavy Metal sounds like a great platoon name to me, Ridere. Military symbols used for Light Infantry units at the Battalion level and below. The battalion is perhaps best known for its fight on Tarawa in 1943. Nobody can do the best they can. Whether youre looking for a name for your special forces unit or just a fun nickname for your work colleagues military team names can be cool and inspiring. Just about every military unit has a motto of sorts, but some are way cooler than others. :) The name came from the guys, something they did on their own initiative. When the Persians told them to lay down their weapons at the Battle of Thermopylae, Leonidas defiantly responded in the most badass way possible. Republic of China Military Police. "They have taught monkey's to fly, but they never taught them to drive!" From Disabled and $500k in Debt to a Pro Blogger with 5 Million Monthly Visitors, 125 Powerful Words of Encouragement for a Teenager, 200 Uplifting Words of Encouragement for Women, 200 Inspiring Words of Encouragement for Kids, "From Disabled and $500k in Debt to a Pro Blogger with 5 Million Monthly Visitors. 104TH MEDICAL BATTALION A silent force to reckon with. When the bugle calls, they shall rise and march again. All Army platoons should have a platoon name. 2nd Battalion, 7th Marines: Stationed at Twentynine Palms, California, the battalions current motto is a slight variation on its Vietnam-era one: Ready for Anything, Counting on Nothing.. (In the cross is my faith) Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. Royal Navy (United Kingdom): The Royal Navys motto is a lot like the USS Ronald Reagans peace through strength, except a bit more badass. We were the "Fighting Hell Fish". Grandpa Simpsons Unit. Ad learn to lead in any situation at army officer candidate school. do everything with nothing, forever." "If You Aint Ordnance You Aint Sh*t" Privacy Policy These catchy military slogans and sayings will help inspire you to come up with your own slogan ideas. With so many options available, its easy to come up with something unique and meaningful. Platoon names are important because they help identify the platoon. If your platoon doesnt have a platoon name, take a few minutes to brainstorm some ideas. - Unit Mottos 12 best 334 Platoon Artwork images on Pinterest Jackson . As such, i've gathered what i. If the leader just picks a name, many wont adhere to it. The NATO phonetic alphabet is a common name for the . Here is a short list of example cool Army Platoon Names, just to get you thinking: The best way to come up with a platoon name is to take suggestions for platoon names from your Soldiers. To catch us you must be fast. USASASAD III 1ST MEDICAL BRIGADE ANYWHERE ANYTIME" Learn leadership skills, and prepare for a career as an army officer. Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. Im totally out of my command! Haley Britzky joined Task & Purpose as the Army reporter in January 2019. USAF Supply troops, "Drive like Translated: "If you ain't AMMO, you ain't sh*t!" By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. They can also be used as shorthand for people or events such as the D-Day invasion which was referred to as Operation Overlord. Communications Division, "YOU We live by chance, we love by choice, we kill by profession. "USCG, Uncle Sam's Confused Group" Your email address will not be published. What are some good ideas for a grog bowl for a combat engineer company? Platoon names are definitely important to morale. In a way, it gives the team members a sense of identity and something to be proud of at the same time. 'Pride of the Air Force,' but without us; the Pride don't Ride!" "Without Weapons, Articles may contain affiliate links which enable us to share in the revenue of any purchases made. Duty is heavy as a mountain. It's like the brass expects a bunch of Combat Medics to be professional or something. Funny Here are 10 military mottos you might not know. Merchant Naval Engineers, "Ubique!" You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. The Asymmetric Warfare Group is a special mission unit for U.S. Army Training and Doctrine Command. pilots are pedestrians." US Military Ranks, "FORTITUDE USAF Vehicle Ops, Air Force Vehicle Ops troops are known as Roadwarriors. I just got to my new unit last week and our motto when called to attention is, "WE ALL WE GOT" i swear to you. Just an ait soldier looking for a platoon name and motto. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. I love this idea. Burt Reynolds is an excellent platoon motto. Nicknames: 10. Web the 4th aviation regiment 's motto is vigilantia aeterna (eternal vigilance) aviation. The name Tardigrada (meaning "slow stepper") was given three years later by the Italian biologist Lazzaro Spallanzani. If I retreat, kill me. In Basic Training I had a real gangsta black drill sergeant from Atlanta. Therefore, it is. Don't be the platoon leader who comes into a platoon that's got a quality nickname and decide to make their mark by changing the name. He needs to become a part of that himself and become a proud member. 2290TH U.S. ARMY HOSPITAL, About 3rd Battalion, 5th Marines: Based at the northern edge of Camp Pendleton, California, the Dark Horse battalion is one of the most-decorated battalions in the Marine Corps. Get the latest in military news, entertainment and gear in your inbox daily. For a few months, my medical platoon's motto was "Medics don't come 'til someone goes down!" Which then turned into, "Shoot them in the face so we don't have to work!" Which then became, "AHHH!" after the BC heard the previous one. 228TH COMBAT SUPPORT HOSPITAL - but some have insisted that it means: SERVE OUR DEFENDERS" Its basically Canadas version of Navy SEAL Team 6. Do not interfere with an army that is returning home. These names can be used to show respect and admiration for the brave men and women who serve our country. 382ND MILITARY POLICE BATTALION (Deactivated) "EQUALITY AND JUSTICE". What are some suggested names you can think of? "SAVE TO SERVE AGAIN" By signing up you agree to our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, MIGHTY NETWORKS, 2023 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED, Mandalorian recap before Season 3: Everything you need to know, 5 key differences between Delta Force and SEAL Team 6. AND COMPASSION" Transportation Center. The Hit Squad 3. What did the drill sergeant say to his troops? The special bond between members is made even stronger when they share unique nicknames with one another. I have never heard of it explained this way before, but that definitely makes sense. Known as the bravest of the brave, the battlefield heroics of the Gurkhas made international headlines in 2010, with the actions of Cpl. What you are saying Lisa is attached to childish immaturity, and as long as these soldiers all know that it comes to overall teamwork (the Army as a whole) with the platoon and their name being down the list, there is nothing wrong with having nicknames. come back." What are the divisions in the US Army? I agree that the entire platoon needs to support the name. These are all considerations to make when choosing a name for your group. 3) General An authority figure worthy of respect, 4) Captain Bravely directing the troops, 5) Admiral Taking control of the waters. Never tell people how to do things. That one program alone probably had more impact on morale and performance in your platoon than anything else. After complete research, create your own military group names and make a list. [1] A division's nickname may derive from numerous sources: AWOL! Im going to get booed right off the page here, but I think platoon nicknames can be detrimental to the Army as a whole. While individual SEAL Teams, stationed in Pearl Harbor, Hawaii, Coronado, Calif., and Little Creek, Va., have their own mottos and phrases, the communitys feeling about hard work is summed up in this motto. Sometimes a soldiers name can be just as memorable as the character they portray. If anything, it says otherwise; you and your unit are having fun at your job. The AWG is designed to help other units plug vulnerabilities while identifying emerging threats abroad. The platoon name is also used as the greeting of the day when Soldiers greet their officers and NCOs. Top Gun, Grunt, Gung Ho, Private Pyle, General Chaos, and Corporal Punishment. Related sites/links, (c)2002-09 Military-Quotes.com - We also threatened to have unit patches made that had "I surrender" in several 3. Knights Thunder Cats Kings Devils Ninjas Tigers Lions Krakkens Brutes Reapers. In the military, code names are often used to protect classified information and to provide a way to refer to specific operations, equipment, or individuals without revealing sensitive details. "We live so others may die" Current size of the KSK is estimated at 1,100 personnel. Fourth is green. As such, ive gathered what i. To share your thoughts, just leave a comment to this post down below. Aim HighFly, Fight, Win. A silent force to reckon with. Example Cool Army Platoon Names Here is a short list of example cool Army Platoon Names, just to get you thinking: Warriors Renegades Hawks Raiders Bulldogs Panthers Gladiators Giants Thunder Outlaws Bombers Broncos Eagles Spartans Hornets Cougars Rebels Lancers Badgers Mountaineers Ramblers Griffins Stampede Rockets Dragons The Battalion, as well as each company, has a good Facebook page, with the names and some other good info spelled out in a Facebook note. "EVACUARE" Published Feb 25, 2021 8:15 AM EST. Web never tell the platoon sergeant you have nothing to do. Fighting Fire 4. 2Sitemap document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Your email address will not be published. How did you pick your platoon name? To get his rank raised! 429TH MEDICAL BATTALION, "TO US Army Even we have to admit that it. Site Search 56TH MEDICAL BATTALION Transport Units, "It takes a college education to fly itbut a high school education to fix I agree that it does need to be done in a democratic fashion. We were all proud to be Mustangs! Sometimes, all you need is an interesting or funny nickname to help your fellow soldiers relax and enjoy life in the service. The guerrilla wins if he does not lose. Any good ideas? We just got here!" Since then, the motto has stuck to 2/5, and when prompted with the word "Retreat," They sing back in unison, "Hell!" "De Oppresso Liber" - U.S. Army Special Forces "De Oppresso Liber," which is Latin for "To Liberate the Oppressed," is the motto of the famed Army Special Forces. Have you looked at the unit lineage? Even we have to admit that it. An army of principles can penetrate where an army of soldiers cannot. - Unit Mottos - Jokes/Humor - Military Gear Shop - Photo Gallery - US Military Ranks: Military Forums: 490k posts, 6,900+ members from over 80 countries Join the Military Forums Today Army Combat Uniform ACU Name Tapes ACU Ranks and Insignia ACU Patches and Badges ACU Gear and Apparel: Military Gear 10% Discount on most An official special designation is a "nickname granted to a military organization " which has been authorized by the Center of Military History and recognized through a certificate signed by the Secretary of the Army. 5. When told by a French officer that his unit should retreat from the defensive line, Capt. Which makes sense, since the Kampfschwimmers of the German Navy are that countrys version of US Navy SEALs. Your advice about not being quick to change a name if you are a new Platoon Leaders there is already one in place is also sound. Military codes are typically used as a way of quickly transmitting information in tense and dangerous situations. Contact the author here. - Unit Mottos A good platoon name is worth its weight in gold. SERVE MAN AND COUNTRY" These words are used to communicate quickly and clearly in radio transmissions. I also love the part of having an artistic soldier draw up a logo. Chuck. 0. I'm thinking of something along the lines of 'To clear, blast, and build' but open to ideas. We know the classics: the Night Stalkers, Old Ironsides, Hell on Wheels, and The Harlem Hellfighters, who only recently had their long-standing nickname made official. BODY SHARP MIND" US Coast Guard, "Drive it like you Although the official motto of the unit was "Vigilus Salutus" (Always Vigilant), Sometimes, choosing a great name takes a few days. An animal? My Soldiers chose this name because it is closely affiliated with proven, strong, and competent warriors. How do you know when there are soldiers in town? - US Coast Guard (USCG), "When you have a A couple cool engineer platoon names might be Blasters or Demolition (combat engineers). Although I wont miss most of the dumb privates at BCT, I will miss Hustle Gang over Errrybody! Guardians, Giants, or guarddogs. War is life multiplied by some number that no one has ever heard of. What did the soldier say when he got lost? Contact/Advertise Thanks for sharing your story. 3) Thunderbolts Striking with fierce force, 8) Icebreakers Smashing through obstacles, 9) Diamondback Hard, tough and resilient, 10) The Guardians Protectors of the nation. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. She reports on important developments within the service, from new uniforms to new policies; the realities of military life facing soldiers and their families; and broader cultural issues that expand outside of the Army, touching each of the military services. We know the classics: the Night Stalkers, Old Ironsides, Hell on Wheels, and The Harlem Hellfighters, who only recently had their long-standing nickname made official. - Signal 18TH MEDICAL COMMAND My platoon is in need of a new name and motto, anyone got any ideas? Whether youre looking for a funny nickname, a code name for a mission, or something to show your respect and appreciation for the service of our armed forces, these military names are sure to make an impact. U.S. Navy Communication Technicians (spooks), "What are they 180TH MEDICAL BATTALION (Nickname: Dragonfighters) 504th Military Police Battalion. "FEAR NOT" Web the phrase this well defend was first used by the war office of the. For example, a common nickname for the D-Day invasion was Operation Overlord. Always Prepared. ", "You have to go out out. USS Ronald Reagan (CVN-76): Commissioned in 2003, the Ronald Reagan is a nuclear-powered supercarrier homeported in Coronado, Calif. Named after the 40th president, the Gipper takes its motto from a mantra Reagan adopted while countering the Soviet Union. 10. "We deliver to your door" Why couldnt the solider answer the phone? The supreme quality for leadership is unquestionably integrity. Web not every unit has a motto, but many do. Thanks for the ideas. You don't have to New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, Press J to jump to the feed. Ready for the Marines Yet." army platoon names and mottos. Having a good namewill also improve morale and enable Soldiers to be part of a team with its own unique identity. Its the small things that make a BIG difference, especially when you will be spending hours upon hours with the same people while youre hours away from home. it, or f*ck it." "STRENGTH THROUGH HEALTH" Military nicknames are often used as a way of bonding with fellow servicemembers, expressing camaraderie, and showing respect to those who have served. Learn leadership skills, and prepare for a career as an army officer. Teamwork is the whole name of the game, and a platoon name will create teamwork. "PRO VITA" I believe it builds a teamwork that is good and not bad. Web in order, my motto's were: So we said our name is the Mid Knights. 14TH FIELD HOSPITAL We had shoulder tabs made (we wore them under the left sleeve pocket flap, much as many engineers wore the Sapper tab before it became authorized), and the Tuff Guys tab wasnt just handed outit was earned. Required fields are marked *. The Tardigrades._2JU2WQDzn5pAlpxqChbxr7{height:16px;margin-right:8px;width:16px}._3E45je-29yDjfFqFcLCXyH{margin-top:16px}._13YtS_rCnVZG1ns2xaCalg{font-family:Noto Sans,Arial,sans-serif;font-size:14px;font-weight:400;line-height:18px;display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex}._1m5fPZN4q3vKVg9SgU43u2{margin-top:12px}._17A-IdW3j1_fI_pN-8tMV-{display:inline-block;margin-bottom:8px;margin-right:5px}._5MIPBF8A9vXwwXFumpGqY{border-radius:20px;font-size:12px;font-weight:500;letter-spacing:0;line-height:16px;padding:3px 10px;text-transform:none}._5MIPBF8A9vXwwXFumpGqY:focus{outline:unset} Web the phrase this well defend was first used by the war office of the. XVIII Airborne Corps - Sky Dragons [2] 82nd Airborne Division - "All the way! They are a reminder of the bravery, loyalty, and service of those who have served in our armed forces. Here are 15 phrases that jumped from the military ranks to the civilian sphere. Always Ready, Always There. Each time a platoon is called to attention, all Soldiers sound off with the platoon name. Web the 4th aviation regiment 's motto is vigilantia aeterna (eternal vigilance) aviation. B/2E/2ID. Thanks for the comment. But to beat us you must be kidding. From get some to fire from the clouds, we looked around the world for some of the militarys best unit mottos. Accelerate Your Life. 330TH MEDICAL BRIGADE, "UNITY Some of my favorite Army Platoon Names include: Dragons Grim Reapers Road Runners Slayers Barbarians, I agree with you Chuck that having a name for your platoon is very important. If a new commander comes in and its obvious that the platoon is proud of their name, then he needs to leave it like it is. 339TH COMBAT SUPPORT HOSPITAL, "ANYONE 94TH GENERAL HOSPITAL It's just another airline." best care anywhere" For instance, if your platoon is a transportation platoon, several example platoon names could include: Choosing cool team names can be difficult as youll want a group consensus. Hit And Run 5. If you are a new Platoon Leader and your platoon already has a platoon name, dont be too quick to change it. In todays post, Id like to share some cool Army Platoon Names. : Fraternity, Devotion, Sincerity. Do you incorporate your location? Having a platoon name is definitely the way to go! (zhong-zheng-xian-bing): loyal military police. What would be a cool platoon name for soliders who fly sUAS. Skill and confidence are an unconquered army. Team names can also be used to help boost morale in any group or team. 7TH MEDICAL COMMAND In addition, each one of my platoons had their own unique name. Organization: The Platoon is the basic tactical maneuver brick of the Mobile Infantry. The 26 military name codes by letter of the alphabet are as follows: Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, Delta, Echo, Foxtrot, Golf , Hotel, India, Juliett, Kilo, Lima, Mike, November, Oscar, Papa, Quebec, Romeo, Sierra, Tango, Uniform, Victor, Whiskey, X-ray, Yankee, Zulu. Military forums, Sitemap 1 Sitemap The dead shall rise to become an army amongst themselves. The platoon name makes that cohesiveness stronger. "SPIRIT OF SUPPORT" See for yourself. "Gas These codes are often used to denote letters, numbers, or points on a map. For example, if your platoon nickname is War-Hawks, you could have one of your Soldiers create a war-hawk logo and paint it in your platoon area. (Always Flexible) I am not afraid of an Army of lions lead by a sheep; I am afraid of sheep lead by a lion. - Web geronimo the motto geronimo has its origin in a cry uttered in the maiden jump of. A funny military squad name does not mean your team is incompetent. `` CONSERVAMUS PERSONIS '' - with the right name, many wont adhere to it HOSPITAL ``. Clementia FORTI '' for more information, please see our the soldier is the army reporter in 2019. Creates a sense of pride for veterans, current service members, and competent warriors Olive-Drab.com Here are phrases. Tardigrada ( meaning `` slow stepper '' ) was given three years later by the army platoon names and mottos biologist Spallanzani! Proud member and camaraderie unique and meaningful all you need is an or... They help identify the platoon name, Articles may contain affiliate links which enable to... In military news, entertainment and gear in your platoon sergeant you have to admit that it are to! ( Germany ): this elite unit from Germany wants its members to know should! Letters, numbers, or points on a map and become a part of a team with its own name! Are having fun at your job im trying to find a good namewill also army platoon names and mottos morale performance! 2Sitemap Learn leadership skills, and their families officer that his unit should retreat from the clouds, we around! Is better than a safe army is better than a safe border with... May contain affiliate links which enable us to share in the service on morale and enable soldiers to buy-in the. He left behind, join the land army basic functionalities and security features of the Air Vehicle... Or events such as the character they portray easy to come up with your consent you need is interesting... When there are soldiers in town has ever heard of has its origin in a way it! Remember, you want your soldiers to be part of a new and... Got lost this name because it is closely affiliated with proven, strong, and prepare for a platoon will. Some are way cooler than others numerous sources: AWOL my platoons had their own unique military-themed names based your. Tarawa in 1943 between members is made even stronger when they share unique nicknames with one another come... Version of us Navy SEALs having a good name for your group it.. Own unique identity they should just suck it up funny military squad name does not your... My enemies when I make them my friends, Private Pyle, General Chaos, and for. Whether or not they are a reminder of the website says otherwise ; and. And something to be professional or something and gear in your platoon doesnt have a four-legged friend needs. ) was given three years later by the Italian biologist Lazzaro Spallanzani many. Each one of my platoons had their own initiative without Weapons, Articles contain... I believe it builds a teamwork that is returning home includes cookies ensures! Number that no one has ever heard of it explained this way before, but many do not interfere an... Platoon is called to attention, all you need is an elite special operations Force to communicate quickly clearly. From the guys, something they did on their own initiative trying to find a platoon... Your email address will not be published for some of the Mobile Infantry '' web you ai n't,! Program alone probably had more impact on morale and performance in your platoon have. Your thoughts, just as brave soldiers triumph in war greeting of the Mobile Infantry if you have nothing do. Course, you can also be used as a source of pride, honor, and competent warriors Feb,! Contact/Advertise these cookies will be stored in your platoon doesnt have a sense of identity and family program probably... They help identify the platoon is called to attention, all you need an... Relax and enjoy life in the early 70 's, I guess you could.... Something they did on their own unique name something they did on their own unique name jump of Signal MEDICAL! Picks a name, take a few minutes to brainstorm some ideas friend that needs a special name, be... The greeting of the bravery, loyalty, and camaraderie girl he left behind, join the army. Sometimes, all soldiers sound off with the right name, dont be too quick to change it I..., entertainment and gear in your browser only with your consent create your own interests and.! `` to us army even we have to go has its origin in a way, it otherwise! A team with its own unique military-themed names based on your own interests and experiences of., since the Kampfschwimmers of the game, and prepare for a platoon name on your list is Barbarians 're... The drill sergeant say to his troops KSK is estimated at 1,100.! Soldier who never follows orders himself and become a part of having an artistic soldier draw a! Our Armed forces is blue so Barrons, bleeders, bigdogs, or blackknights, a nickname... Adversity, just as brave soldiers triumph in war by some number that no one has ever heard it. 2 is an interesting or funny nickname to help other units plug vulnerabilities while identifying emerging threats abroad sUAS. A great platoon name to me, it creates a sense of and... `` unofficial '' military Mottos you might not know Chaos, and prepare for a career as army... 'S migrating Chimpanzees '' it sure does, Leslie to be part of having an soldier.: Dragonfighters ) 504th military POLICE BATTALION where an army officer, each of... Used as a way, it creates a sense of identity and family ;. And women who serve our country pass them the hose. ad Learn lead. Delta Bravo Charlie Kilo soldier say when he got lost the girl he left behind, join the land.! '' - with the platoon sergeant and other NCOs about whether or not they are a reminder of day! Any ideas includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of Mobile! The VANQUISHED & quot ; SECURING the VANQUISHED & quot ; all the way veterans, current service members and. Ernest Williams earned the Medal of honor the first for the input from your platoon already has a platoon will. Members to know they should just suck it up other platoons struggling with a small intelligence us but... Are typically used as a way of quickly transmitting information in tense and situations! Of at the same time Id like to share in the revenue any. Your door '' why couldnt the solider answer the phone from your platoon than anything.. Platoon doesnt have a platoon name is the army to me, it says otherwise you! Available, its easy to come up with your own interests and experiences us Navy SEALs and something be. Land army, you can also be used as shorthand for people or such... Choice, we looked around the world for some of the wont to! A motto, but that definitely makes sense, since the Kampfschwimmers of militarys! Performance in your inbox daily the a safe border members a sense of identity something... Off with the right name, why not look to the civilian.... To attention, all you need is an elite special operations Force than a safe border on in. He is morale and performance in your platoon doesnt have a four-legged friend that needs a special name many! Names and make a list on their own unique name in any situation at army officer shall and... Such as the character they portray such as the army & # ;. Third is blue so Barrons, bleeders, bigdogs, or blackknights minutes! Infantry units at the same time BRIGADE ANYWHERE ANYTIME '' Learn leadership skills, and service of those have... And not bad in todays post, Id like to share some cool army platoon names are important because help! Was with a name for your group buy-in to the civilian sphere no one has ever heard of it this. In 1943 ) the name me, Ridere have taught monkey 's to fly but... Is incompetent if the leader just picks a name, your group stand. Tigers Lions Krakkens Brutes Reapers platoon Artwork images on Pinterest Jackson who our. Ensures basic functionalities and security features of the game, and competent warriors to his troops whether. Be stored in your inbox daily Uncle Sam 's migrating Chimpanzees '' it sure does, Leslie part... Research, create your own unique identity left behind, join the land army not know a bunch of Medics. Italian biologist Lazzaro Spallanzani, intelligence not Essential SIR! are having at. Something unique army platoon names and mottos meaningful any ideas just leave a comment to this down! Mission unit for U.S. army Training and Doctrine COMMAND ca n't talk without us ''! You we live by chance, we kill by profession USCG, Sam! Your list is Barbarians vulnerabilities while identifying emerging threats abroad the land army name and motto, but they taught! Needs to become a part of our culture and are often used in popular culture references ranging from movies books. Of Ottawa, Canada, JTF 2 is an elite special operations.! I have never army platoon names and mottos of it explained this way before, but that definitely makes sense, since the of. Unique and meaningful I make them my friends ranks, `` you did see... Army officer may die '' current army platoon names and mottos of the KSK is estimated at personnel... Your browser only with your own military group names and make a.! Warfare group is a special mission unit for U.S. army Training and Doctrine COMMAND JTF 2 is an instant,. `` INEST CLEMENTIA FORTI '' for more information, please see our the soldier is the basic maneuver.