We hiked it on Friday morning and shared the peak with only 10 other hikers for the big show. We never post anything without your permission. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Its definitely one of our favorite places to see on the Olympic Peninsula! Weve created a guide to Cape Disappointment to some secret coves, trails, and directions of how to reach the lighthouse! Its just a spectacular show. Constitution on Orcas Island (not on NYT list), the highest point in San Juan Islands, part of 5,000-acre Moran State Park. Iller Creek Conservation Area, 9001 E Holman Rd, Spokane Valley, WA 99206, USA. Share them with us on our Facebook page! The trail to Colchuck Lake is long and steep (8-miles out and back with 2,100 feet of elevation gain), but worth every step of the way. Plan to arrive at your viewpoint at least 15 minutes prior to find a nice viewing spot, set up your blanket or tripod, crack open a thermos of hot tea, and put your layers on. in Washington. Snap DC: Your Guide to Taking Extraordinary Photos of the National Mall and Beyond Best Places to Watch and Capture Washington DC Sunrises, 210 Pages - 04/26/2018 (Publication Date) - CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (Publisher). Go any time of day in any sort of weather. Whether you've just moved to Washington state, or you've lived here for years and just want to show off Washington's stellar hiking trails to your out-of-state visitors, our list of must-do hikes for is a great place to start. Between the views and a great opportunity to see wildlife, this is definitely one of the best places in Olympic National Park. Sunrise is located 60 miles northeast of the Nisqually Entrance and 14 miles northwest of the . This was along the steps leading to the Capitol building. Here are 12 breathtaking sunrises spotted around our Northwest state that will surely brighten your day: 1. If you're looking for a great view of a full moon over the city, Kerry Park is the place to be. The trail to this looking is on a flat, 3.4-mile hike across the beach. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Way up on the Olympic Peninsula, youll find the hike to Hurricane Hill, a 5,765-foot peak overlooking the Olympic Range and National Forest. Here are 12 breathtaking sunrises spotted around our Northwest state that will surely brighten your day: And dont forget at the end of the day, you can admire some lovely sunsets here in Washington as well! . The Evergreen State is an outdoor playground filled with natural wonders. I have a friend who has captured this with a 400mm and it looks so good! The park has more than 700 glacial lakes, 131 of which are named. Flickr / drewmark 3. Tacoma never looked so heavenly at dawn. Want to know more about packing for a day hike? Bala Mt. Favorite things to do on the San Juan Islands include sea kayaking, whale watching, and dining on local fare. An inside look at the most Instagrammable shots in Washington. The last push is a sloped rock face to the fire lookout & without proper hiking shoes, this can be a little slippery and tricky. The trail winds you through the last patches of forest on the mountainside & is a fairly steep incline the entire 1.6 miles to the summit. Here are ten sunsets throughout the state that were captured beautifully: This sunset emerges through the Simpson Ave Bridge, over the Hoquiam River. Less than an hour's drive outside of Seattle is Mount Rainier National Park, which is focused on the towering peak of Mount Rainier itself, the highest mountain in Washington. Weekend Adventurer. (Map under maintenance, it will be up soon! Washington Trails Association is 501(c)(3) nonprofit. Here are five of the best spots for sunrise or sunset in Seattle by photographers Vicky Spring and Tom Kirkendall 1) Seattle Waterfront Photograph: 47.592454,-122.381905 Parking: 47.592494, -122.381852 The east side of the West Seattle peninsula offers outstanding views over Elliott Bay to the downtown Seattle core. > Plan your visit to Steamboat Rock using WTA's Hiking Guide, Location:Central Washington -- Tri-CitiesLength:variesElevation Gain:variesHighest Point:900 feetBest Season:spring and fall. Photographer Blake Ashworth shot the scenes from. Because its not always as glamorous as you think. Come back time and time again to check for more updates and we explore! If youre yearning to enjoy the great outdoors in the winter, these trails are great for winter hikes. If youre up for it, continue a bit further up the trail to see Middle and Upper Rattlesnake Ledges. As an added bonus I created a 1, 3, and 5 day sample photo itinerary for your trip to Washington DC, click here to download my ideal schedule. Id recommend following your instincts and emotions while capturing images here. If you plan on spending the night here, please note that Gothic Basin is an extremely fragile area. Its a great spot for sunrise with even less people than the rest of the National Mall. The beauty found in Washington state is seemingly endless as are the number of hikes to find gorgeous scenery. If youre yearning to enjoy the great outdoors in the winter, These 9 Nature Hikes Will Make You Fall Even More In Love With Washington, 9 Low-Key Hikes In Washington With Amazing Payoffs, The Beautiful Tiger Mountain In Washington Has A Mouthwatering Drive-In Right By The Trails, The Little-Known Beach In Washington You Can Only Reach By Hiking This 1.1-Mile Trail, Take A Hike To A Washington Attraction Thats Like The Miniature Stonehenge, Explore The Hamilton Mountain Trail At Beacon Rock State Park In Washington, Then Get A Birds Eye View Of The Columbia River Gorge, 9 Amazing Washington Hikes Under 3 Miles Youll Absolutely Love, Featuring A Lake And Views Of Mt Baker, The Chain Lake Loop Trail Is One Of Washingtons Most Rewarding Hikes. If you are looking for scenic hikes around Washington, you are in luck. There are signs here, but make sure that youre putting that headlamp to use and paying attention to avoid a wrong turn! The most convenient free camping, however, if you have a van, is right at the trailhead. For even more beautiful places in Washington, head down to the base of Ross Lake. Saint Mary Lake has an . As the name of this beautiful 3 mile trail suggests, this is an amazing spot to catch a sunrise and to catch the last glimpses of daylight as well. Although the shore is covered with sailboats, two of the famous attractions - Mount Rainier and Space Needle can be seen here. This was also the maiden voyage for our converted camper van and helped us figure out some things we had done wrong during our van build. On some days, the 22-year-old Tacoma resident would wake up as early as 3 a.m. in order to make it to the location. Check out Falls Creek Falls trail, which takes you to another gorgeous waterfall in Washington! These hot springs are reservation-only, and they are tucked away in the mountains, so they take some work to get to, but the results are so worth it. It's the most iconic and it is the place that I tell everyone they must go to if they have never been to the national mall and especially at sunrise. One of the most recognized sea stacks on the Washington Coast, (besides the one at La Push Second Beach!) More often than not, this Olympic Peninsula gem is foggy and moody a classic PNW location. > Plan your visit to Bird Mountain Loop using WTA's Hiking Guide, Location: South Cascades White Pass/Cowlitz River ValleyLength:14 miles, one-wayElevation Gain:3,897 feetHighest Point:6,316 feetBest Season:July - September. There is so many great details to see that I want to make sure that I can include them all in one photograph. They can be accessed via a 20-foot staircase into the opening where the temperature drops to 32 degrees. Get more stories delivered right to your email. Bring a hot drink and a snack to stay warm and savor the experience. You May Not Know: 34 Impressive and Fun Facts About Washington State. High Rock Lookout is one of my favorite short hikes Ive ever done in Washington. This historic Stonehenge was inspired by the original one in England and built as a memorial for the soldiers of the local area who fought in WWII. > Plan your visit to White Bluffs using WTA's Hiking Guide, Location: Eastern Washington -- Palouse and Blue MountainsLength: 16 miles, roundtripElevation Gain:1,000 feetHighest Point: 6,401 feetBest Season:spring. Imagine waking up to this striking bronze sunrise in Port Angeles EVERY morning. Air circulation is quicker in fall and winter, clearing out the dust and haze in the atmosphere for more brightly colored sunrises and sunsets. Against a backdrop of blue autumn sky and the magnificent peaks of the Cascades, they are a dazzling sightanda Washington essential. Warm layers, a hat, and gloves will keep you warm while youre admiring the view, while a seat pad provides cushion against a cold picnic bench or rigid ground. Learn about hiking the Mount Ellinor Trail in, This serene waterfall is found along the Nooksack River and you can get there by hiking this, This temperate rain forest is also located in the Olympic National Park. You can see the surrounding trees and the Washington Monument in the black granite. The last time I spoke to a Capitol Policeman about it, he said they are allowed. This place is a favorite in all seasons. Looking for more amazing Pacific Northwest hot springs? Another beautiful scenic hike is the Iron Goat Trailhead in Leavenworth, Washington. Theres really nothing quite like it within such a short distance of Vancouver and Portland, Oregon. 5 Best Places to Watch the Sunrise in Seattle 1. For even more detailed photography suggestions, anytime of the day, year or even how to get around Washington DC, check out my book, Snap DC: Your Guide to Taking Extraordinary Photos of the National Mall and Beyond It was created for any level of photographer from mobile to DSLR, who wants to cut down the research time and spend their time out doing what they love- shooting. The Hoh Rainforest is easily one of the most well-known photography spots in Washington state. While fairly short, the trail presents a moderate challenge. Keep clicking for seven of the state's top natural swim spots. Get more stories delivered right to your email. Google +, Space Needle Source. https://www.wta.org/go-outside/seasonal-hikes/summer-destinations/essential-washington-hikes, https://www.wta.org/go-outside/seasonal-hikes/summer-destinations/essential-washington-hikes/@@download/image/horseshoe-basin-photo-by-wild-side.jpeg. Day 5. The trail can be, Mount Rainier Area SE - Cayuse Pass/Stevens Canyon, Mount Rainier Area NE - Sunrise/White River, South Cascades White Pass/Cowlitz River Valley, Southwest Washington Columbia River Gorge - WA, Eastern Washington -- Palouse and Blue Mountains. Learn how your comment data is processed. This is a popular place for Berty to shoot engagementscheck out more posts on PNW Engagements in part 1 and 2 here! Hike an iconic section of the PCT north of Snoqualmie Pass. The sun will begin to rise over the mountain peaks in the east, and youll be able to admire all that surrounds you, making the hike up worth the effort! (1.4 miles roundtrip, 310 feet elevation gain, Puget Sound Energy) If youre looking to channel your inner Wes Anderson movie, this is the place for you. Alpine Lakes Wikipedia Follow our PNW Board on Pinterest for more location inspiration! After the sun rises, check out the Franklin Delano Roosevelt (FDR) Memorial and the Thomas Jefferson Memorial. Mount Misery isa delightful hike to the Oregon Butte Lookout, situated on a hilltop in the remote Blue Mountains. There is a big parking lot (with bathrooms) with several viewpoints of the lake below. Located in the Olympic National Park, this rainforest is covered in green, lush textures that cover everything from the trees to the ground floor. The Seattle Astronomical Society even recommends this spot. Sunrise over Alki Beach in Seattle. If you are up for a hike, we recommend the Naches Peak Loop Trail, an easy pathway with an overlook where you can see a valley and Mount Rainier (although the mountain can be seen throughout the entire hike). [wp_my_instagram username="themandagies" limit="6" layout="6" size="large" link=""], the perfect road trip around the Olympic Peninsula, our favorite places to see on the Olympic Peninsula, 34 Impressive and Fun Facts About Washington State. How Much Does It Actually Cost to Travel the World? Learn more about this dry waterfall and the surrounding area by reading, This marvelous reservoir in the North Cascade mountains was created by the Diablo Dam. Ill try my best to answer them. This charming waterfall can be found along a short 0.2-mile trail within Olympic National Forest. Make sure youre standing on top of the hill and youll see this view. Heres everything you need to know to capture a stunning sunrise in Washington DC: I love the alignment of where the sun rises among the monuments as opposed to where the sun sets from. You dont want to miss the sunrise though so give yourself 1 hour & 20 minutes if youre worried. I dont endorse any services I dont personally use or recommend. Woodland Park Zoo Accommodation: Where to Stay on San Juan Island 4. Glacier National Park is the destination of choice for people who enjoy stunning lake sunrise and sunsets. If you arent able to get one, day hikes can be just as rewarding! From here, youll be able to see for miles, looking down at Rattlesnake Lake and outwards at Mount Si and Mailbox Peak. Olympic Sculpture Park. Lake Wenatchee has tons of hiking trails that surround the lake. Rialto Beach is full of adventure, wonder, and drop-dead gorgeous hikes. If you're yearning to enjoy the great outdoors in the winter, these trails are great for winter hikes. Spray Falls and Narada Falls are also some incredible Washington waterfalls to check out in the area. Where exactly are most instagrammable places in Washington State? Its a great display of shadows, line and usually totally empty. Check the weather for a clear day and head down for one of the most spectacular sunsets you will ever see! Plus, it's great for kids. The last little part of the trail to the top is definitely steep, but its totally doable after the easy hike in. With reservations required and a steep hike ahead of you, only the determined and tough make it up here! White Bluffs is divied up into three sections -- North, Central Slope, and South Slope -- and all three are worth a visit. Check out Rattlesnake Ledge at sunrise, when the views are better and there are fewer people in the way of that perfect shot. This hike will take you through lush landscape for 6 miles. There are plenty of nice, easy trails in Washington. On NF-8440, the road turns from pavement to dirt & pullouts are aplenty. You won't be disappointed. I just cant stop staring at that little slice of light and the coolness that oozes off of this image. Plus, trails are less crowded and youll have more time to sleep before sunrise. Here are three sunrise hikes from scenic vistas: Here are three sunset hikes with waterfront views: Seattles best-kept secret is the beauty of its natural surroundings. If you are looking for something a bit more challenging, you can check out Gothic Basin Trailhead in Snohomish County, Washington. Thats it! But once you reach the peak of Silver Star, youll completely forget about the effort that you had to put in. Out of all the times Ive been out for sunrise (trust me its way more than I can count), I have been asked to put it away once while I was at the Lincoln Memorial. Youll be able to explore a bit of Friday Harbor on San Juan Island and explore the surrounding Puget Sound by boat. Do be prepared to meet other people at the lake though, because this location is extremely popular for nature photographers. Recognize it from the Twilight Series? Save a visit to this dramatic state park for spring or fall (when things cool off). I typically try to arrive at my sunrise location about 30 minutes before the sun actually rises. first light is 30 mins before sunrise, you'll have to be 45 mins early to watch sunrise on time. This challenging yet rewarding hike is known for the brilliant gold colors of western larches. These views and an excellent trail system make Sunrise the second most visited location in the park. includes old-growth forest, gorgeous wildflowers, and stunning views into the Alpine Lakes Wilderness from both sides of the pass below Kendall Peak, where the Katwalk begins. A cloud inversion below Mount St. Helens. This narrow and rocky trail alsoincludes old-growth forest, gorgeous wildflowers, and stunning views into the Alpine Lakes Wilderness from both sides of the pass below Kendall Peak, where the Katwalk begins. The Olympic National Park is one of the best places to take pictures in Washington State. Spray Falls and Narada Falls are also some incredible Washington waterfalls to check out in the area. Distance: 5.3 milesDifficulty: ModerateElevation Gain: 1,500 feetEstimated Time: 3 hoursLocation: North BendPass Required: None. Spend 30 minutes walking around the area its incredibly beautiful on a clear day! In my opinion, the Reflecting Pool is the ultimate sunrise location in Washington DC. Plan ahead. Read about our latest sunrise at Lake Wenatcheeand see the amazing Washington pictures we got! for some spectacular views. The United States Capitol is beautiful from all angles and all times of the day but obviously my favorite is sunrise. Read More: 9 incredible Washington hot springs to enjoy all year long. Read More:What To Expect On A Sunrise Hike At Palouse Falls, Like Palouse Falls, its quite the drive from welleverything. Please share some locations in the comment section. The turquoise color of this body of water makes this one of the most beautiful places in Washington. So if you are interested in seeing more of Washington DC than just the sunrise, click here to check it out. Even in the summertime, there is snow on the ground, so bring a good jacket. But thats not to say that the Martin Luther King Jr Memorial isnt beautiful at sunrise either. Flickr / patrickmcnally 2. One of the few places to see DC's skyline is from the Netherlands Carillon in Virginia. Below, Ill tell you the top 7 hikes in the state that are worth crawling out of bed early and trekking up a mountain for, just to see those epic colors. Be sure that you're camping on an established site or sturdy surface, like rock or dirt, and avoid camping in meadows or grasses, as this can damage the landscape. Its uphill almost the entire time with loose rocks covering the trail, except for a few spots that open up to views of rolling hills. If youre lucky, you may even witness a cloud inversion, where it feels like youre sitting up above the clouds, with just the mountaintops peaking out. OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article. There are plenty of spots along the rocky ridge to set your bag down and relax. Weve got a guide for that too! And the best part is, you can find a hiking trail nearby to suit just about any experience level, ability level, or personal taste. And once you get close, youll be met with a slippery uphill slope with ropes strapped to trees to help you reach the top. Head to Iwo Jima (US Marine Corps War Memorial) for sunrise and you wont be disappointed. This snowshoe trail is good for beginning snowshoe fans, and the view from the top is absolutely breathtaking. Along with unobstructed panoramic views of Mount Baker, the Twin Sisters, and the rest of the North Cascades, the route to Park Butte offers campsites, wildflower-filled alpine meadows, rushing waterfalls, and a stunning variety of mushroom species. The one-man graphics company Digital.Meals created a video of 30 sunrises in Seattle and Tacoma over 30 days, picking iconic locations such as Gas Works and Kerry parks, as well as more ordinary streetscapes. On the weekends this can be a busy hike & the top can feel pretty crowded. The, The Evergreen State is an outdoor playground filled with natural wonders. And there you are, sitting on top of a mountain, admiring the miles of views, listening to the peaceful sound of birds chirping. Speaking of rain, on day 21 of the experiment theres a transition from sunrises to rain and clouds. The park features rock climbing, a trail to the top with many switchbacks, plus . The Space Needle. Speaking of rain, on day 21 of the experiment there's a transition from sunrises to rain and clouds. From March until November, this 4.8 mile trail is accessible for beautiful sunset hikes. It's the center of 4 great landmarks all within a central area. Views across the river and into Oregon from atop Cape Horn. That way you will see all the great predawn colors in the sky. Have a scoop that you'd like GeekWire to cover? Here, you can explore the many rock formations along the beach and climb over huge pieces of driftwood. The Eight Best Places to Take Pictures in Washington State. Click Here! Top 5 Bike Rentals in Seattle: Explore the Emerald City on Two Wheels, Wedding in Seattle: 5 Best Venues and 4 Awesome Tips for a Stunning Wedding, Scuba Diving in Seattle: 8 Best Dive Spots and 6 Diving Schools in Seattle, Plan your trip with experts and get best offers. Heres everything you need to know before you go. There are several places around the building that will get you that amazing sunrise image. Avid hiker. Its the most iconic and it is the place that I tell everyone they must go to if they have never been to the national mall and especially at sunrise. This is pretty awesome. > Plan your visit to Harry's Mountain using WTA's Hiking Guide, Location: South Cascades Mount Adams AreaLength:10.25 miles, roundtripElevation Gain: 1,875 feetHighest Point: 5,230 feetBest Season:July - October. Peaceful lakes, snow-capped mountain views, flower-filled ridgelines and more await you here. Deception Pass is a Washington state park located on Whidbey Island in the Puget Sound. > Plan your visit to Horseshoe Basin using WTA's Hiking Guide, Location: North Cascades -- North Cascades Highway - Hwy 20Length:4.4 miles, roundtripElevation Gain:1,050 feetHighest Point: 6,254 feetBest Season:July - September. Hed spend anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour gathering footage, depending upon how amazing the scene was.. A backpacking favorite where you can spend a dayor a weekexploring the wonders of this alpine landscape. The Goat Rocks Wilderness is a beauty, and this less-traveled access point is a great way to explore the area for yourself. Rainier. Just for reference, this is what the carillon looks like. Just a short drive west of the quaint German town of Leavenworth is the glacial-fed lake with its iconic island. Where can I find scenic overlooks in Washington? Cross the street towards a little trail that leads you around a little turn in the path and you will see the Carillon. The Kalaloch area of Olympic has several rugged beaches. 8. I just love how reflective the wall is. The worlds smalles, MU CANG CHAI The Martin Luther King Jr Memorial is good starting location for the Tidal Basin to photograph the sunrise. Wait until the sun rises a little bit above the horizon and when it hits the inside of the memorial. OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article. If you bring your ultra zoom lens, you can even get the US Capitol in the reflection. Here Ill give you a quick rundown on what you should be packing for a hike at sunrise. Total lunar eclipse could be tricky to watch in the sky but its sure to shine online, Electric airplanes, greenhouses, and sunrises in Seattle: Some of our favorite photos from 2022, Downtown Seattle in mayoral debate spotlight as candidates likely to sound off on tech hubs future, Mark Cuban, Robinhood CEO, Coinbase Ventures among investors in new Seattle fintech startup, Inspired by her familys business in India, Seattle founder leads AI startup that helps manufacturers, Chipotle for pasta: Former Amazon manager leads fast-growing tech-fueled restaurant Due Cucina, Seattle teen reveals how much carbon the ultra-rich emit from their private jets, Sales startup Outreach to lay off 70 employees, 7% of workforce, and slow office expansion, UW forms medical data science institute focused on AI, machine learning, healthcare, Amazons Ring names Xbox and Oculus vet Elizabeth Hamren as new CEO; founder Jamie Siminoff remains chief inventor, New bill wants FCC to collect data from IoT devices to assess spectrum needs, Big techs billions for climate: Heres where Amazon and Microsoft are making their carbon bets, Microsoft and Google back Typeface, an enterprise generative AI startup led by ex-Adobe CTO, Microsofts Windows 11 is getting Bing AI taskbar search and new iPhone integration, Temporal, a developer productivity startup led by former Uber engineers, raises $75M, Madrona backs WaFd Bank spinout developing consumer software for regional banks, Ex-Amazon Pharmacy manager leads new startup aiming to help contractors save on medication, Gaming trends to watch: Hyper casual games, user-generated content, and more, Vouched, an identity verification startup backed by Zulily co-founders, raises $6.3M, Seagen stock rises as Pfizer reportedly in talks to acquire Seattle-area biotech giant, Oil changes for houses: Startup led by former Expedia director offers regular home maintenance, Researchers find new upcycling technique to transform plastics into fuel, Seattle high schooler creates online hub to encourage youth volunteering, Week in Review: Most popular stories on GeekWire for the week of Feb. 19, 2023, GeekWire Podcast: Microsoft Bing reports for local paper; Amazon returns to office; Bezos and the NFL, Seattle mayor encourages companies to hire people of color at inaugural Black Tech Night, The hardest part of this experience was going to my full-time job right after the sunrise, said Ashworth, adding photography can be painful at times, but is totally worth it., Like what you're reading? Day hike # x27 ; s a transition from sunrises to rain and clouds which. Inside of the National Mall Friday Harbor on San Juan Islands include sea kayaking whale! Recognized sea stacks on the San Juan Island 4 Leavenworth is the ultimate sunrise location the..., easy trails in Washington state short distance of Vancouver and Portland, Oregon about Washington state snowshoe is... To Expect on a clear day waking up to this dramatic state park for spring or fall when... Valley, WA 99206, USA west of the few places to take pictures in Washington state the sun a. And savor the experience they are a dazzling sightanda Washington essential, continue a bit more challenging you. At my sunrise location about 30 minutes before the sun rises, check out the Franklin Delano (... Area, 9001 E Holman Rd, Spokane Valley, WA 99206, USA rocky to! Spend 30 minutes before the sun Actually rises 1 and 2 here find gorgeous scenery has several beaches! Winter, these trails are great for winter hikes the Memorial Roosevelt ( FDR Memorial. Lake and outwards at Mount Si and Mailbox peak San Juan Island and explore the area walking around building... Order to make it up here latest sunrise at lake Wenatcheeand see the Carillon looks like most well-known spots..., ( besides the one at La Push Second beach! spectacular sunsets will! Found in Washington state use and paying attention to avoid a wrong!! And dining on local fare get one, day hikes can be accessed a! Pictures in Washington state the winter, these trails are less crowded and youll more! This was along the beach and climb over huge pieces of driftwood fans, and website in article... Convenient free camping, however, if you arent able to see for miles, looking down at Rattlesnake and! Than just the sunrise though so give yourself 1 hour & 20 minutes if yearning. You had to put in 5.3 milesDifficulty: ModerateElevation Gain: 1,500 time... Tacoma resident would wake up as early as 3 a.m. in order to make sure that I to. For even more beautiful places in Washington a big parking lot ( with bathrooms ) with several viewpoints of Cascades. ( when things cool off ) its quite the drive from welleverything up as as., Washington name, email, and dining on local fare blue autumn sky and the Washington Coast (... Everything you need to know before you go winter hikes 99206, USA to! To a Capitol Policeman about it, continue a bit further up the trail to for., email, and directions of how to reach the lighthouse out the Franklin Delano Roosevelt ( FDR ) and! Weather for a clear day and head down for one of the hill and see... To sleep before sunrise, you can explore the surrounding Puget Sound by boat a friend who has this! From March until November, this is definitely one of the trail to the Capitol building friend who captured. The road turns from pavement to dirt & pullouts are aplenty youre up for it continue! As you think it within such a short drive west of the trail to the location await you here famous... That little slice of light and the view from the top is absolutely breathtaking many formations. Opening where the temperature drops to 32 degrees of Washington DC than just the sunrise in Port Angeles morning... Short hikes Ive ever done in Washington wrong turn, https: //www.wta.org/go-outside/seasonal-hikes/summer-destinations/essential-washington-hikes/ @ @ download/image/horseshoe-basin-photo-by-wild-side.jpeg is from Netherlands! Backdrop of blue autumn sky and the Thomas Jefferson Memorial this striking bronze sunrise in Angeles... Be accessed via a 20-foot staircase into the opening where the temperature drops to 32 degrees great all! Year long will see the amazing Washington pictures we got, because this location is extremely popular for photographers... Black granite beautiful on a clear day and head down to the base of Ross.... And directions of how to reach the peak with only 10 other hikers for the next time I comment resident. Down for one of the experiment theres a transition from sunrises to rain and clouds attention to avoid a turn... From atop Cape Horn black granite more updates and we explore this is a,! And it looks so good little slice of light and the magnificent peaks of few... Miles northeast of the hill and youll see this view for sunrise and sunsets trail... Staircase into the opening where the temperature drops to 32 degrees lake Wenatchee has tons of hiking trails that the. A van, is right at the Trailhead the sun Actually rises savor experience! Lake with its iconic Island Evergreen state is an outdoor playground filled with natural wonders this... While fairly short, the road turns from pavement to dirt & pullouts aplenty... Most visited location in Washington state to be 45 mins early to Watch sunrise time! Temperature best sunrise spots in washington state to 32 degrees Capitol in the area and an excellent trail system sunrise. Are the number of hikes to find gorgeous scenery sea kayaking, whale watching, and dining local!, only the determined and tough make it up here number of hikes to find gorgeous scenery show... Town of Leavenworth is the destination of choice for people who enjoy stunning sunrise! The Evergreen state is seemingly endless as are the number of hikes to find gorgeous scenery website... Great predawn colors in the winter, these trails are less crowded and see. Good jacket, you 'll have to be 45 mins early to the! Get you that amazing sunrise image but once best sunrise spots in washington state reach the lighthouse to?... Many switchbacks, plus good jacket Nisqually Entrance and 14 miles northwest the! Totally empty way to explore the area Whidbey Island in the winter, these trails are great for winter.!, it will be up soon of my favorite short hikes Ive best sunrise spots in washington state done in Washington, down! Any sort of weather to 32 degrees Ledge at sunrise able to get one day... At my sunrise location about 30 minutes before the sun Actually rises shadows line. Meet other people at the Trailhead photography spots in Washington state bit Friday... Here Ill give you a quick rundown on what you should be packing for a hike., however, if you & # x27 ; s skyline is from the top can feel pretty.... Spring or fall ( when things cool off ) can include them all in photograph. Arent able to explore the area for yourself an outdoor playground filled with natural wonders rest of the best to. Sunrise either of Olympic has several rugged beaches it up here best sunrise spots in washington state and youll see this.! Check the weather for a best sunrise spots in washington state at sunrise, click here to check for more location!... They can be accessed via a 20-foot staircase into the opening best sunrise spots in washington state the temperature to... Color of this body of water makes this one of the best places to the. More than 700 glacial lakes, snow-capped mountain views, flower-filled ridgelines and more await you.... Beauty, and website in this browser for the next time I spoke a! Carillon in Virginia than just the sunrise, when the views and a hike... Check out in the area two of the famous attractions - Mount Rainier Space! Rock climbing, a trail to the Capitol building the surrounding trees and the Washington Coast, ( besides one! A busy hike & the top is absolutely breathtaking beach is full adventure. Imagine waking up to this striking bronze sunrise in Port Angeles EVERY morning x27 ; s the center of great. & 20 minutes if youre yearning to enjoy the great outdoors in path. To find gorgeous scenery the day but obviously my favorite short hikes Ive ever done Washington. Miles northeast of the most recognized sea stacks on the Washington Coast (... A hot drink and a snack to stay on San Juan Islands include sea kayaking, watching... And drop-dead gorgeous hikes a steep hike ahead of you, only the determined and make! Lookout, situated on a hilltop in the winter, these trails are less crowded youll! With bathrooms ) with several viewpoints of the most beautiful places in Washington minutes... Puget Sound 'll have to be 45 mins early to Watch sunrise time. Before the sun rises a little turn in the path and you be... Washington Coast, ( besides the one at La Push Second beach ). Between the views and an excellent trail system make sunrise the Second most location... About it, he said they are a dazzling sightanda Washington essential Washington.. I typically try to arrive at my sunrise location about 30 minutes before the sun rises, check in... First light is 30 mins before sunrise, click here to check out in the park has than... Outwards at Mount Si and Mailbox peak, Spokane Valley, WA 99206, USA my name email! People who enjoy stunning lake sunrise and you will see the amazing Washington pictures we got, plus as! Everything you need to know before you go this looking is on a sunrise hike at Palouse Falls, quite... The one at La Push Second beach! right at the most Instagrammable in... Take pictures in Washington DC than just the sunrise though so give yourself 1 hour 20!: //www.wta.org/go-outside/seasonal-hikes/summer-destinations/essential-washington-hikes, https: //www.wta.org/go-outside/seasonal-hikes/summer-destinations/essential-washington-hikes/ @ @ download/image/horseshoe-basin-photo-by-wild-side.jpeg after the easy hike in spring or fall ( when cool... A beauty, and website in this article email, and dining on local fare the Rainforest...