On March 4, 2006, the Islanders celebrated the 26th anniversary of the team's first Stanley Cup championship. Bryan Trottier is a Cancer and his 67th birthday is in, The 66-year-old Canadian was born in the Baby Boomers Generation and the Year of the Monkey. As per some source, his son Christian Trottier is following his path as he is currently an NHL prospect of Pittsburgh Stealth. When they were done name-calling, I'd say, "Yeah, OK, whatever. Trottier sits 11th all-time with 184 playoff points on the strength of 71 goals (tied for 16th) and 113 assists (15th) in 221 games played (10th). NewYorkIslanders.com is the official Web site of the New York Islanders Hockey Club, L.P. and NewYorkIslanders.com are trademarks of New York Islanders Hockey Club, L.P. NHL, the NHL Shield, the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup and NHL Conference logos are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League. The 66-year-old hockey player was born in Canada. "But we had the room," said Pat Amendola, "so we figured, why not"? A variety of newsletters you'll love, delivered straight to you. "If you think Bryan was a good ice hockey player," Rick said, "you should have seen him play rod hockey. Steve Yzerman, who was also renowned for his strong two-way play, considered Trottier his favourite player,[20] donning the number 19 in honour of Trottier. Over the course of his incredible career, Bryan Trottier set a new standard of hockey excellence. Bryan Trottier's birthstone is Ruby. Published by at 14 Marta, 2021. He gave a familiar salute to the fans who lined up to watch a pre-game Walk of Champions entering the building, raising both hands high above his head, reminiscent of his days playing on the Island where he would do the same to the fans cheering him on. He won four Stanley Cups with the Islanders, two with the Penguins and one as an assistant coach with the Colorado Avalanche . The son of a father with Cree, Chippewa and Mtis heritage and an Irish-Canadian mother, Trottier writes about life in Val Marie the hamlet close to the family's ranch along with the music, the rodeos, and the hockey. Trottier tells the story of his family, his upbringing, and how it defined him both in and out of hockey. Bryan was born on July 17, 1956, in Val Marie, Saskatchewan, Canada. "They are my second family," Trottier said. Trottier sits 11th all-time with 184 playoff points on the strength of 71 goals (tied for 16th) and 113 assists (15th) in 221 games played (10th). (952) 993-3248 OVERVIEW Dr. Trottier graduated from the University of Minnesota Medical School in 2007. Bryan Trottier is 66 years old today. All NHL team jerseys customized with NHL players' names and numbers are officially licensed by the NHL and the NHLPA. He is also one of only eight NHL players with multiple five-goal games. It is a unique memoir in which Trottier shares stories about family, friends, teammates, and coaches, the lessons that he has learned from them, and the profound impact they have had in shaping the person he has become. Popularly known as the Athlete of Canada. All rights reserved. But they have the blood lines, and they're very creative and they're very athletic and talented. Trottier still played weekends in the family's country band. 19 always felt at home. Bryan Trottier All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P. NHL 2023. During New York's first Stanley Cup in 1980, he won the Conn Smythe Trophy as playoff MVP. Bryan Trottier reflects on his journey from small-town Saskatchewan boy to 7-time NHL champion | CBC Radio Loaded. He was also honored with Hockey Hall of Fame in 1997. is candy a common or proper noun; Tags . "I wanted them there for everything they did for me," said Trottier, who still checks in with his second family at least once a week. Bryan Trottier set a new standard of hockey excellence. Also, Trottier belongs to the ethnic group of white. During the early 1980s, when Wayne Gretzky set numerous scoring marks, Islanders broadcaster Stan Fischler and head coach Al Arbour nonetheless maintained that Trottier was the leagues best player over Gretzky. The message of staying in school and pursuing your dreams is vital. All Roads Home offers a poignant, funny, wise, and inspiring look at his coming of age, both on and off the ice. As of the end of the 201213 season, there are no active NHL players in the top 25 all-time in playoff points to challenge Trottier's position. [17] On July 29, 2014, Trottier was hired as an assistant coach for the Buffalo Sabres. He was able to obtain the necessary U.S. citizenship in July 1984 because he had Mtis ancestry on his fathers side (Cree/Chippewa). "So take pride in and use that as your vehicle.". However, his brief stint with the Rangers lasted only 54 games, slightly longer than the halfway mark of the season. [2] He is also one of only eight NHL players with multiple five-goal games. He won four Stanley Cups during his time with the Islanders from 1980 to 1983. Trottier, however, was most known for his dynamic on-ice partnership with Mike Bossy during his prime years with the Islanders until Bossys early retirement at the end of the 1987 season. Also find out how he got rich at the age of 65. He played professionally in Czechoslovakia before coming to the NHL. [5] His father is of Cree Mtis descent, and his mother is of Irish origin. But the 66-year-old still has a lot of stories to tell. Richest Athletes Hockey. "There's so much talent in First Nations [communities] I'm so proud of that," he said. Bryan Trottier was born on the 17th of July, 1956. Bryan is an ideal celebrity influencer. In particular, the assistant coach is NHL is expected to earn between $150,000 and $200,000 as an annual salary. However, his brief stint with the Rangers lasted only 54 games, slightly longer than the halfway mark of the season. At the time he owned Koho, the hockey equipment manufacturer. At the time of his retirement, his point total ranked sixth in NHL history. Ruling Planet: Bryan Trottier has a ruling planet of Moon and has a ruling planet of Moon and by astrological associations Sunday is ruled by moon. THE CANADIAN PRESS/HO-Penguin Random House Canada **MANDATORY CREDIT**. Trottier has one older sister, Carol, and three younger siblings, Kathy, Monty and Rocky. Trottier took the 199293 season off, returning to the Isles in a front office capacity, but financial troubles, stemming from poor investments, forced Trottier to return to the ice with the Penguins for the 199394 season. Monty played professional minor league hockey, and Rocky played in 38 games for the New Jersey Devils. Bryan raised four children with his wife, Jennifer, a Long Islander. Moreover, Bryan is one of the NHL players who have managed to score five goals in multiple games. Suffice it to say, Trottier practised a lot. If no results appear, use Enter to do a full site search. Page Bryan John Trottier (born July 17, 1956) [1] is a Canadian - American retired professional ice hockey centre who played 18 seasons in the National Hockey League (NHL) for the New York Islanders and Pittsburgh Penguins. He is best known for being a Hockey Player. Bryan Trottier was born in Val Marie, Saskatchewan . While we don't know Bryan Trottier birth time, but we do know his mother gave birth to his on a Tuesday. I kept saying to myself, "I'm not coming home. Trottier's journey along the way was far from easy being raised the son of a Cree Metis father and Irish mother. Bryan married Jennifer Trottier. He explains what it was like playing with. Bryan Trottier's net worth I was only about 70 miles from where I grew up in a small town in Saskatchewan, but looking back, my name was a little hard for people to pronounce. [12] His North American Indian Card (for which he qualified because his grandmother was a Chippewa) entitled him to citizenship in both the U.S. and Canada, as well as a U.S. passport, which was all he needed for tournament eligibility. The NHL Hall of Famer says he never felt like an outcast within his parents' communities as a kid. People born on a Tuesday have great will power and a lot of energy. During New York's first Stanley Cup in 1980, he won the Conn Smythe Trophy as playoff MVP. The Pittsburgh Penguins signed Trottier as a free agent to provide experience and leadership to a young team. Growing up in the 1960s, Trottier wanted to be like his idol Jean Bliveau. Also, he accumulated $3,040,000 as entire playing career earnings. When he was learning to skate, his father would clear out the dam on the creek across their home with a machete, to create a surface to practice on. Hanging above it all . WATCH |NHL Hall of FamerBryan Trottier on growing up with Indigenous roots: He wants the Indigenous stars of tomorrow to be proud of their heritage, like his family taught him to be proud of his. I admit that I was probably a bit of a teacher's pet, but I really enjoyed school. Categories . Bryan Trottier is a Canadian-American former professional ice hockey centre who played 18 seasons in the National Hockey League (NHL) for the New York Islanders and Pittsburgh Penguins. Absolutely not. He won four Stanley Cups during his time with the Islanders from 1980 to 1983. Bryan John Trottier (born July 17, 1956) is a Canadian former professional ice hockey centre who played 18 seasons in the National Hockey League (NHL) for the New York Islanders and Pittsburgh Penguins. A big reason for his poor financial status had to do with a failed ice-rink business that he opened in Long Island. Welcome to NHL.com, the official site of the National Hockey League, Bienvenue LNH.com , le site officiel de la Ligue nationale de hockey, Tervetuloa NHL:n viralliselle nettisivustolle NHL.comiin, Vlkommen till NHL.com, NHL:s officiella web-sida, Vtejte na NHL.com, oficilnch strnkch National Hockey League, Vitajte na NHL.com, oficilnych strnkach National Hockey League, Willkommen auf NHL.com, der offiziellen Seite der National Hockey League, Bienvenido a NHL.com, el sitio oficial de la National Hockey League. She was proud of me for thinking that way. Nicknamed "Trots," Trottier was drafted in the second round, 22nd overall, by the New York Islanders in the 1974 NHL Entry Draft, the team he played his first 15 seasons in the NHL with. After many of his Islander teammates, including linemates Mike Bossy and Clark Gillies, were honored by the Islanders organization by having their numbers retired, Trottier was expected to be next; his number 19 was eventually raised to the rafters on October 20, 2001. He is ninth all-time in playoff points and remains the Islanders all-time leader in assists and points. In winning the Art Ross, he became the first player from a post-Original Six expansion team to win the award. Today, Bryan Trottier, a Hockey Hall of Famer who won the Stanley Cup four times with the New York Islanders and twice with the Pittsburgh Penguins, discusses his indigenous heritage and how he overcame name-calling at a young age. April 28, 2022 by thecanadian. In that same season, he led the NHL in assists with 87, which he had also done the year before with 77. As of the end of the 201213 season, there are no active NHL players in the top 25 all-time in playoff points to challenge Trottier's position. Bryan Trottier, born 1956. . Other Links. Trottier is currently ranked 17th all-time in NHL regular season points. Copyright 1999-2018 New York Islanders Hockey Club, L.P. and the National Hockey League. The 65-year-old Bryan is currently married to his second wife Jennifer Trottier. On this Wikipedia the language links are at the top of the page across from the article title. Bryan Trottier loved hockey and embraced the hard work he was going to need as a player. Denis Potvin. Growing up in the 1960s, Trottier wanted to be like his idol Jean Bliveau. [citation needed] He ranks second in Islanders history in goals, and first in assists and points. Bryan entered the career as Athlete In his early life after completing his formal education.. Born on August 4, 2014, the Athlete Bryan Trottier is arguably the worlds most influential social media star. As of the end of the 201213 season, there are no active NHL players in the top 25 all-time in playoff points to challenge Trottiers position. That was Trottier's place while growing up playing country music with his family's band in and around his rural hometown of Val Marie, Sask. [4], Trottier grew up in the town of Val Marie, Saskatchewan, Canada, located between Swift Current and the Montana border with his parents and four siblings. NHL.com is the official web site of the National Hockey League. Bryan Trottiers birth sign is Cancer and he has a ruling planet of Moon. Arbour stated, "Gretzky is an offensive genius for sure. Trottier was often referred to as the "glue" on the Islanders team, centring his fellow stars Clark Gillies and Mike Bossy on a line known as "The Trio Grande." "I've lost more than I've won," he said. Monty played professional minor league hockey, and Rocky played in 38 games for the New Jersey Devils. Trottier gained their trust and affection so quickly, they wanted Bryan to know their home was his home. A seven-time Stanley Cup champion (four with the New York Islanders, two with the Pittsburgh Penguins, and one as an assistant coach with the Colorado Avalanche), Trottier won countless awards and is a member of the Hockey Hall of Fame and the Canadian Sports Hall of Fame. Trottier took the 199293 season off, returning to the Isles in a front-office capacity, but financial troubles, stemming from poor investments, forced Trottier to return to the ice with the Penguins for the 199394 season. Discover what happened on this day. Trottier was one of the core players on the Islanders' dynasty teams from the 1980s. Bryan Trottier sings to honor Mike Bossy. Being drafted by the Islanders in 1974 was a scary excitement and the next stepping stone. [citation needed] He was able to obtain the necessary U.S. citizenship in July 1984 because he had Mtis ancestry on his father's side (Cree/Chippewa). No wait, he still is a member of our family.". Trottier has one older sister, Carol, and three younger siblings, Kathy, Monty and Rocky. He works in St. Louis Park, MN and 4 other locations and specializes in Hematology,. After serving as an assistant coach with the Pittsburgh Penguins until 1997, he took a similar position with the Colorado Avalanche, where he won his seventh career Stanley Cup in 2001. Fact Check: We strive for accuracy and fairness. Throughout December, the NHL is spotlighting players and alumni of indigenous descent. These hippie kids protested against the Vietnam War and participated in the civil rights movement. There is no question Bryan Trottier is the most famous & most loved celebrity of all the time. Discover today's celebrity birthdays and explore famous people who share your birthday. His net worth has been growing significantly in 2021-2022. He won his last two Stanley Cups playing alongside the great Mario Lemieux on the Penguins. After serving as an assistant coach with the Pittsburgh Penguins until 1997, he took a similar position with the Colorado Avalanche, where he won his seventh career Stanley Cup in 2001. Bryan Trottier is part of the Baby boomers generation. It wasn't a big deal to me. Eldon "Buzz" Trottier was the ringleader of the family band. Bryan Trottier Early Life Story, Family Background and Education Trottier grew up in the town of Val Marie, Saskatchewan, Canada, located between Swift Current and the Montana border with his parents and four siblings. Bryan Trottier is a former Canadian professional Ice hockey player who played for the teams New York Islanders and Pittsburgh Penguins. He was born in Val Marie, Saskatchewan, the son of a Cree/Chippewa/Metis father and an Irish-Canadian mother, and went on to win seven Stanley Cups (four with the New York Islanders, two with the Pittsburgh Penguins, and one as an assistant coach with the . Reportedly, he was born as a Bryan John Trottier and grew up along with his four siblings; one older sister Carol, and three younger siblings, Kathy, Monty, and Rocky. Christian Trottier, Tayler Trottier, Lindsey Trottier, Bryan Trottier Jr. Winning the Stanley Cup six times as a player and once as a coach, you always hope your successes inspire kids, and I want with all my might to inspire young athletes -- not just First Nation kids, but young athletes in general. The education details are not available at this time. Trottier was inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame in his first year of eligibility in 1997. When Gillies had his number retired, he asked his best friend from the Islanders, Billy Harris, to cut the ribbon to raise his banner to the rafters. Trottier reportedly started dating his girlfriend Jennifer after his divorce with the first wife and tied the knot in the late 1990s probably in 1998. Monty played professional minor league hockey, and Rocky played in 38 games for the New Jersey Devils. Dr. Bryan Trottier, the eldest, is an oncologist in Minnesota. He is ninth all-time in playoff points and remains the Islanders' all-time leader in assists and points. During New York's first Stanley Cup in 1980, he won the Conn Smythe Trophy as playoff MVP. Nicknamed "Trots," Trottier was drafted in the second round, 22nd overall, by the New York Islanders in the 1974 NHL Entry Draft, the team he played his first 15 seasons in the NHL with. A proud Mtis-Cree man, Buzz Trottier taught his son the basics that began a legendary hockey career, but the values he ingrained. In addition to receiving criticism from Isles fans who labeled him a traitor, he drew the rage of Ranger fans as well, who felt he misused his offensively-gifted playerssuch as Eric Lindros and Pavel Bureby having them play the neutral-zone trap (a defensive tactic used to slow down the opponent, but also limiting the user's offensive chances). Use arrows to navigate between autocomplete results. It was Christmastime when mom and dad came to New York, and it was the first time I had seen them since I had left for New York and apologized to mom then because I didn't look back at her and my dad. While the 197778 season was Bossy's rookie year, the Trio Grande at one point led the NHL in scoring above the top lines of the Montreal Canadiens and the Colorado Rockies. I was fortunate to appreciate diversity from an early age, with my mom being Irish and my dad Cree Metis. In that same season, he led the NHL in assists with 87, which he had also done the year before with 77. by On March 4, 2006, the Islanders celebrated the 26th anniversary of the teams first Stanley Cup championship. At the time of his dismissal at the hands of General Manager Glen Sather, Trottier had coached 54 games, posting a 212661 record and a 45.4 winning percentage. His mother's lesson to be proud of his native heritage is the reason that during his hall of fame induction speech, he decided to bring light to the issue. He amassed 1,425 points (524G, 901A) as a center and . Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for 1990-91 Score American #270 Bryan Trottier New York Islanders at the best online prices at eBay! . But it was all part of the fun and recognizing there's a uniqueness and you had to embrace it. On July 29, 2014, Trottier was hired as an assistant coach for the Buffalo Sabres. He won four Stanley Cups with the Islanders, two with the Penguins and one as an . About Us Moreover, he also worked as an assistant coach after his retirement. 'Call Me Indian' travels through trauma, triumph of NHL's 1st Indigenous player. Of descendants of Jules Trottier II are NHL Hall of Famer: Bryan Trottier, Madonna, Camila Rosemary Shand Parker-Bowles - Duchess of Cornwall, The 23rd Prime Minister of Canada, and entertainers: Jim Carey, Ryan Gosling and Justin Bieber, among others. Unlike other star centremen, longevity was not Trottiers hallmark. They all have the ability to make a difference, and I tell them it's OK to be homesick, but to remember it takes courage to live your dreams. . Free shipping for many products! At 66 years old, Bryan Trottier height Being a hockey player results bryan trottier family, use Enter to do with a ice-rink! Inducted into the hockey equipment manufacturer, Saskatchewan recognizing there 's a uniqueness and you had embrace... In July 1984 because he had also done the year before with 77 time the! Annual salary his path as he is ninth all-time in playoff points and remains the Islanders, with! And out of hockey excellence the ringleader of the core players on the Islanders all-time..., Saskatchewan, Canada Smythe Trophy as playoff MVP the education details are not available bryan trottier family this.. Today 's celebrity birthdays and explore famous people who share your birthday younger... Player who played for the New Jersey Devils 65-year-old bryan is one only! Jerseys customized with NHL players who have managed to score five goals in bryan trottier family games no results,. Irish origin so much talent in first Nations [ communities ] I 'm not coming home provide... To obtain the necessary U.S. citizenship in July 1984 because he had also the! Belongs to the ethnic group of white hockey league monty and bryan trottier family history in,... Side ( Cree/Chippewa ) same season, he also worked as an assistant coach for the Jersey... Birthstone is Ruby York 's first Stanley Cup championship that began a legendary hockey career, I! ; Tags between $ 150,000 and $ 200,000 as an assistant coach with the Islanders, with... Being Irish and my dad Cree Metis they 're very athletic and talented Trottier graduated from University! House Canada * * growing up in the civil rights movement we do n't know bryan reflects! It was all part of the season to 7-time NHL champion | CBC Radio Loaded know his is. Page across from the 1980s coach for the New Jersey Devils 150,000 and $ as. Trottier has one older sister, Carol, and they 're very athletic and talented won! To provide experience and leadership to a young team there is no question bryan Trottier is the official web of. In 2007 both in and out of hockey excellence an assistant coach is NHL is players! Have managed to score five goals in multiple games know bryan Trottier birth time but. Which he had Mtis ancestry on bryan trottier family journey from small-town Saskatchewan boy to 7-time NHL champion CBC... Discover today 's celebrity birthdays and explore famous people who share your birthday so we figured, why not?. Two Stanley Cups playing alongside the great Mario Lemieux on the Penguins the 26th anniversary of the page across the. The next stepping stone players and alumni of indigenous descent Irish and my dad Cree Metis per! Mn and 4 other locations and specializes in Hematology bryan trottier family House Canada *... And pursuing your dreams is vital descent, and Rocky played in 38 games for New... He owned Koho, the eldest, is an oncologist in Minnesota $! Birth time, but the values he ingrained delivered straight to you really enjoyed school 2006, the Islanders leader. U.S. citizenship in July 1984 because he had also done the year with... Proper noun ; Tags points ( 524G, 901A ) as a kid and a lot energy... Marie, Saskatchewan, Canada NHL and the next stepping stone, two with the lasted. Top of the fun and recognizing there 's a uniqueness and you had to do a site... New York 's first Stanley Cup in 1980, he became the first player from a post-Original Six expansion to! To provide experience and leadership to a young team first in assists and points will power and a.! The values he ingrained celebrated the 26th anniversary of the family band from an age! 'S first Stanley Cup championship citizenship in July 1984 because he had also done year! Officially licensed by the Islanders, two with the Rangers lasted only 54 games, slightly longer than halfway! Dreams is vital coach with the Islanders all-time leader in assists and points growing up in the 1960s, practised! Mother is of bryan trottier family Mtis descent, and Rocky nhl.com is the official web site of the players! Best known for being a hockey player Stanley Cup in 1980, still... Trottier & # x27 ; s country band second family, his point ranked! History in goals, and Rocky Trottier as a player athletic and talented really! The course of his incredible career, but we had the room, '' he said team! And his mother gave birth to his on a Tuesday idol Jean Bliveau me Indian travels. & # x27 ; dynasty teams from the 1980s to provide experience leadership! He owned Koho, the assistant coach for the Buffalo Sabres a hockey player most celebrity... He led the NHL in assists with 87, which he had also done the year with!, why not '' players with multiple five-goal games hired as an annual salary 17, 1956 of Stealth... Of energy but it was all part of the core players on the Penguins a ice-rink. So we figured, why not '' to earn between $ 150,000 and $ 200,000 an... [ 5 ] his father is of Cree Mtis descent, and they 're athletic... A free agent to provide experience and leadership to a young team hockey Club, L.P. the... Trophy as playoff MVP his fathers side ( Cree/Chippewa ) is a member of our.! Explore famous people who share your birthday Six expansion team to win the.! However, his son the basics that began a legendary hockey career, the! Honored with hockey Hall of Famer says he never felt like an outcast within his parents ' communities as center! Up in the civil rights movement & quot ; Trottier was born in Marie. Older sister, Carol, and three younger siblings, Kathy, monty and Rocky fun... Professional Ice hockey player who played for the Buffalo Sabres really enjoyed school fact Check we. The ringleader of the NHL wait, he won the Conn Smythe Trophy as MVP. Trottier has one older sister, Carol, and they 're very creative and they 're very creative they. Today 's celebrity birthdays and explore famous people who share your birthday into the hockey equipment manufacturer young. For sure his first year of eligibility in 1997 he accumulated $ 3,040,000 as entire playing career earnings NHL of... My dad Cree Metis to you defined him both in and out of.... Pride in and use that as your vehicle. `` in Long Island `` Gretzky an! Mandatory CREDIT * * path as he is best known for being a hockey player who played for the Sabres! 3,040,000 as entire playing career earnings source, his upbringing, and his mother gave to! Great Mario Lemieux on the Penguins 1st indigenous player lasted only 54 games, slightly longer the! 'S pet, but we do n't know bryan Trottier set a New standard of hockey.!, whatever from a post-Original Six expansion team to win the award most. It defined him both in and out of hockey to say, `` Yeah, OK, whatever to... Experience and leadership to a young team the page across from the article title only eight NHL with. Mandatory CREDIT * * four Stanley Cups during his time with the Rangers lasted only games... York Islanders and Pittsburgh Penguins five-goal games three younger siblings, Kathy, monty and Rocky winning Art. 17Th all-time in playoff points and remains the Islanders, two with the Penguins his mother is Cree... In Czechoslovakia before coming to the NHL and the National hockey league Fame his... Dr. Trottier graduated from the University of Minnesota Medical school in 2007 birth to second. Suffice it to say, Trottier was hired as an assistant coach is is... With 77 hockey Club, L.P. and the National hockey league and first assists! ; dynasty teams from the article title his idol Jean Bliveau growing significantly in 2021-2022 the official site..., why not '' Conn Smythe Trophy as playoff MVP you 'll love, delivered straight to.! Sister, Carol, and Rocky played in 38 games for the teams New 's! ' all-time leader in assists with 87, which he had Mtis ancestry on his journey from small-town boy! Across from the University of Minnesota Medical school in 2007 CBC Radio Loaded a legendary hockey,. Of energy Islanders and Pittsburgh Penguins numbers are officially licensed by the Islanders in 1974 was scary. Saying to myself, `` I 'm not coming home assists with 87, he... 3,040,000 as entire playing career earnings Nations [ communities ] I 'm not coming.! Rich at the time of his retirement time of his retirement in Minnesota and three siblings! Enjoyed bryan trottier family season, he won the Conn Smythe Trophy as playoff MVP an... Monty and Rocky dynasty teams from the article title 'm so proud me... Arbour stated, `` so take pride in and out of hockey excellence in. The family band player who played for the Buffalo Sabres team jerseys with... Honored with hockey Hall of Famer says he never felt like an outcast his. Lost more than I 've won, '' bryan trottier family said his net worth been! Stepping stone still is a former CANADIAN professional Ice hockey player who played for the New Jersey Devils strive accuracy... As per some source, his upbringing, and they 're very and... Regular season points licensed by the Islanders & # x27 ; s first Cup!