Tell you the truth, after a summer of weekly skeet shooting. However, the shot weight can only be increased to a certain degree for a particular gauge and shell length. im waiting for a good canuck commander review to come out. Out of stock. With all of those things in mind, we can determine that the box of 20 gauge shells weve been talking about contains approximately 306 lead pellets that are .095 in diameter (350 7 1/2 size pellets in an ounce multiplied by 7/8 of an ounce). Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy. Out of stock! Good to have a gunsmith check them out. I think I have a 12ga. CANUCK: Commander Pump Shotgun - Black $449.95. Baikal 12 and 20 gauge: interchanges with Trulock's standard Tru-Choke style. Learn how your comment data is processed. . If you can shoot it straight and find shot shells, enjoy it. Markell 40e 6lbs even SxS with options order from Merkel USA in Bessmer(? I just purchased one in January. 2014-2023 Project Upland Media Group, LLC. Any issues? I also reload and here there is no difference in price or difficulties. These are not pricey guns. All of the other shotgun bore sizes certainly have their place for specific tasks, like goose hunting for the 10 gauge or small bore skeet shooting for the 28 gauge, but none can hold a candle to the versatility of the 12 and 20 gauge shotguns. Been looking to pick up a new NR range toy and have been curious about canuck shotguns and their build quality and durability.Anyone have any reviews about them, there is an amazing lack of reviews on them. Canuck 16 Gauge 2.75" 28" Barrel Over/Under Shotgun To be a Canuck is to be a part of Canada, a Canadian. Polymer (39) Walnut (10) Wood . 16 Gauge Shells 16 Gauge Shells Show In Stock Only Today's Deals Size Brand Type Rounds Country of Issue Price Range Sort By: Featured 1-15 of 15 Show: 48 per page Winchester, 16 Gauge, 2 3/4", 1 oz., Super-X Game Loads, 25 Rounds Buyer's Club $18.99 Non-Member $19.99 4.4 (27) While the 20 gauge is on the light side for deer, turkey, and waterfowl hunting, it will work in a pinch for those situations. This gap becomes most glaring when one considers waterfowl hunting opportunities and turkey hunting. This score was calculated using a combination of patterns, pattern deviation, recoil, and velocity. All things considered, gas operated guns have less recoil than double. Not surprisingly, 12 gauge ammunition is also widely available in virtually every shot size from #9 up to 000 Buckshot and slugs. Its a beautiful gun. We probably missed a couple in the mix and encourage people to comment below with other new models being produced as we will update this over time. For those who dislike the perceived recoil of commercial shot shells, they can load their own ammunition. Pheasent (Kent Fast Lead #6) Interesting because nobody will admit to ever having manufactured that shell. What doesnt work for one might work for another. Canuck Over/Under Shotgun - .410GA, 3", 26" Barrel [COU41026] CA$749.95. Need a defender? Where one can buy steel for as little as $10 box in popular gauges, the 16 gauge is more in the $20 plus category as popular cheaper loads like Federal Top Gun and Steel Game and Target are not available. Was it shotgun ammo manufacturers that made the availability of 16 gauges hit the shelves of Walmart? If youre a little bit more sensitive to recoil, then get a 20 gauge shotgun, which has a marked recoil advantage over the 12 gauge. I have no problems with the kick of either gun. The Marlin Model 90 is an over/under that had 16 gauges. Side by guns feel right hanging over your shoulder. Sidebars. They do not advertise them in the USA. For example, a 2 Bore rifle has a nominal bore diameter equal to the diameter of lead ball weighing 1/2 pound, a 4 Bore rifle has a bore diameter of a 1/4 pound lead sphere, etc. Both work quite well on pheasant and quail. would the standard 16 gage 870 barrel fit in the 870 12 gage receiver, if so I would bore the receiver out to hold the 2 3/4 12 gage shell for card shooting without a choke , and there by have a tighter tapered barrel ?? Javascript is required. You should never attempt to load any shells of a different gauge into any shotgun, but this is of particular importance with 20 gauge shells. Both guns weigh in just a bit over 6-pounds and are a joy to carry. However, increasing the size of shot results in fewer individual pellets. If it sounds like a cumbersome way of doing things, youre right. My shoulder rocked back so much that the other folks at my local skeet range let out an audible gasp. Ammo is far from common, but its not rare either. $23.74. It comes with an ergonomic, ridged forend and a rubberized pistol grip for added purchase and minimal slippage on the firearm while shooting. Just too light of a gun. Winchester Winchester SX4 Waterfowl 12 Gauge Gun. 16 gauge shotguns are highly effective for upland bird hunting, duck hunting, and target shooting. Stoeger M3500 Semi-Auto Shotgun 12 Gauge 28" Barrel Realtree Max-5 Synthetic. Our on-site gun experts carefully inspect every one of our Certified Used Guns. Best price and value when compared to PicClick similar items. I have a Baker, Batavia Leader, and two Remington Model 11s. By signing up you agree to Guns.com's 16s are for 1oz loads or less. Chamber: 3. THE GUN FEATURES A NICE BLUED FINISH ON METAL PARTS AND A VERY NICE AMERICAN WALNUT STOCK AND FORE ARM. I have several prewar old German examples, all in 2 1/2 inch chambers. Baikal 16 gauge: interchanges with Trulock's Baikal 16 gauge style. Good luck. Holographic Sights. add to cart. Indeed, a hunter armed with an inexpensive Remington 870 or Mossberg 500 pump-action shotgun could conceivably hunt almost every species of game in North America by simply changing the barrel, choke, and/or shot size as necessary. Churchill Pump Action Shotgun - Shockwave. Shotguns Shotguns 1 2 3 > Add to Compare (1) JTS EG200 12ga 28" Burnt Bronze Cerakote Realtree Max 5 Camo $249.95 Add to Compare (45) SDS Imports Tokarev TBP 12 Gauge Shotgun $273.49 Add to Compare (1) Pardus SS12-28 12ga Gas Operated Black Synthetic Semi Auto 28" Vent Rib 3" Chamber 3-chokes Fiber Op $169.99 Add to Compare (9) Indeed, advances in non-toxic shotgun ammunition over the past few decades have dramatically improved the suitability of the 20 gauge for waterfowl hunting. Truth be told, digging back as far as the London Gun Trials of 1879, it never surpassed the 12 gauge. I like that my Citori Feather has no-recoil pad (smooth snag-free mount) due to manageable recoil from the non-magnum 2 /1 oz./ ~1200 fps shot shell. $369.69. Office Hours: 6-1/4 lbs w/ Pachmars thickest recoil pad on the uncut stock = LOP ideal for my lanky 64. Great quality at an affordable price. Of all the shotguns in the United States, 12 gauge guns are by far the most popular. Shotgun Gauges: Recommended Uses. When those hunting excuses are in play, you can find him wandering behind his Wirehaired Pointing Griffon in the mountains of New England and anywhere else the birds take them. ), Alabama. I have a 16 gauge Fox SXS with a leather pad which only weighs 6 lbs. Canuck Operator Elite 12ga Semi-Auto Shotgun From: $ 849.95 Quick View Out of stock Canuck Vertical Front Grip 1913 Style Rail $ 19.95 Quick View 1 2 3 Price Stock Status In stock Out of stock Show Products On Sale Not on sale Category Brand Caliber Action Barrel Length Colour Reference the table below to see the diameter of some of the most common shot sizes as well as the approximate number of lead pellets of that size that weigh one ounce. The peak of 16 gauges in American culture were the 1940s and 1950s when almost a quarter of the shotguns sold were 16 gauge. Maybe, but it definitely sounds like you need to get that shotgun checked out by a gunsmith before you shoot it. CANUCK Products - Select Shooting Supplies Inc. Shop by Category Ammunition Just Right Apparel and Patches Batteries Black Rifle Coffee Cleaning & Maintenance Firearms Firearm Parts and Upgrades Flashlights and Laser Combos Gear - anything and everything Holsters, Mag Pouches and Speed Belts Hunting Knives Optics- Sights and Mounts Range Gear Was $799.99 $679.99. T .Click for more info. Bagging trophy Fall turkeys can be a competitive and often expensive affair, but it doesnt have to be. Just left Maine where I shot a bunch of grouse, woodcock and a few Hares with it. Stoeger M3020 Shotgun 20GA 28" SYN. 12 Gauge: The 12 gauge is by far the most popular shotgun size in the United States and possibly the entire world. The cookie settings on this website are set to 'allow all cookies' to give you the very best experience. For this reason, they are also the most likely to get mixed up. It probably has a 2 1/2 or 2 5/8th in chamber not 2 3/4 in I had a similar problem with an old 20 ga that was a lot older than I realized you wouldnt notice till a shell was fired it would go in and fire fine but after firing the shell opened up to its full length and would cause sticky extraction. Not surprisingly, there are even more misunderstandings and misconceptions regarding shotgun gauges than most othersubjects concerning firearms and ammunition. FEATURES. Copyright 2023 Big Game Hunting Adventures LLC | All Rights Reserved, 7.6239 vs 308 vs 7.62x54R: Everything You Need To Know, 6.5 Grendel vs 300 Blackout Review & Comparison, 11 Reasons The Leupold VX-6HD Is An Outstanding Hunting Scope, 450 Bushmaster vs 45-70 Review & Comparison, 28 Nosler vs 300 Win Mag Review & Comparison, Best 22 Hornet Ammo For Hunting Coyotes, Bobcats, & Other Varmints, 15 Best African Hunting Books For When Youre Dreaming Of Being On Safari[2023], Best 350 Legend Ammo For Hunting Deer, Hogs, Bear, & Other Game, Best 6.8 Western Rifles for Hunting Ultimate Guide [2023], Best 300 PRC Ammo For Hunting Elk, Deer, Bear, & Other Game, Best 6.5 PRC Ammo For Hunting Deer, Elk, Bear, & Other Game, Best 350 Legend Rifles for Hunting Ultimate Guide [2023], Best 6.8 Western Ammo For Hunting Elk, Deer, Bear, & Other Big Game. Dram equivalents are good for making an apples to apples comparison (all other things equal, a 2 3/4 dram eq. is a deadly upland gun indeed. This gun did not come with a buttpad but I have never needed it either. However, gunmakers more recently in large production have been known to shortcut this process and build it on 12 gauge frames. Canuck Sentry 12Ga 24" $429.95. However, the 20 gauge is widely used as an upland and small game shotgun and excels in those roles. 6. A Beginners Guide to Collecting Vintage Side-by-Side Shotguns. Barrel Type: Vented Rib Barrel (Blued) Barrel Length: 28. I shoot 1 oz or 1 1/8 oz shells and it shoots like a dream. Call Us Toll Free. Have put probably 200 rounds through it. Additionally, some upland and turkey hunting loads intended for use on larger birds will sometimes use copper-plated shot thats less likely to deform on impact. The exact number of pellets depends on their size and composition as well as the weight of pellets loaded into the shell. Have the same issue with my Upland Ultralight 12 ga CZ and 3 shells. Its substantially more powerful than the .410 bore, but still has a very gentle recoil, even in a lighter gun. DeRosa founded Project Upland in 2014 as an excuse to go hunting more often (and it worked). How many rounds have you put through it? In stock. Large bore black powder rifles were named in this manner and this also is where the system for measuring shotgun gauges comes from. Our ever-growing inventory changes daily and includes single-shot, semi-automatic, pump-action, lever-action, side-by-side, and over-under shotguns, all available in various gauges and with numerous features. Semi-Automatic Single-Shot Pump-Action Side-By-Side Over & Under Tactical Youth & Compact Models 12 Gauge; 20 Gauge; 410; OPTICS. Here are 3 turkey guns that wont break the bank. Available in 12, 16 and 20 gauge, and .410 bore, and lead shot size options ranging from BB's all the way down to #9 - it's suitable for everything from quail to farm predators. Area Code: 504. On Cabelas they offer 12 different types of 16 gauge ammo (not including shot size). A shotgun with a longer chamber can generally safely use smaller shells, but the opposite is not true. Now we get to the2 1/2 dram equivalent part. Lites? Our Price: $499.95 Add to Cart Compare FD12 Shotgun 12ga. While buying any used product can often come with a certain amount of concern, you can buy with confidence from Guns.com. Remington Model 1894 16 Gauge Damascus Side by Side 2 " Quick view $ 799.99. This means that a given number of individual lead pellets will weigh more than the same number of pellets of the same diameter made out of some other material. Winchester SXP Hybrid Hunter Pump Action Gun, Mossy Oak Shadow Grass Habitat. A 16 gauge shell is big enough that it wont go far enough down the barrel of a 12 gauge shotgun for a 12 gauge shell to chamber and fire behind it. 3 Mobil chokes in F, M, C (12ga and 20ga only) Fixed .410 chokes (full) Weight. As you probably could have guessed, Project Upland was curious enough to dig into the popularity of gauges in a survey. No manual, so, you'll have some digging to find stuff about them. Looking primarily for longevity and overall quality. Since individual steel pellets weigh less than lead pellets of the same size, hunters must typically use larger diameter steel shot or suffer degraded terminal performance. Our ever-growing inventory changes daily and includes single-shot, semi-automatic, pump-action, lever-action, side-by-side . Hunters can tighten up the shot spread to a certain extent by using a choke, which is a constriction on the muzzle of the shotgun. I use both for dove and quail here in CA. I shoot the 2 1/2 1 oz. Ballistic Products sells all necessary components as well as a 16 gauge reloading manual. Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. While thats extremely important, there are many other important characteristics of shotgun shells to keep in mind as well. The question posed in our 2018 National Upland Bird Hunting Survey read, What shotgun gauge do you prefer most? Of the 1610 people that responded, the 20 gauge took the number one spot at 46.26 percent, followed by the 12 gauge at 31.57 percent and the 16 gauge at 13.28 percent. remington 870 express super magnum 12ga 3 1/2" camo pump shotgun Charles Daly Honcho 12 Gauge Tactical Semi-automatic 3" Shotgun Charles Daly Honcho Tactical Semi-Automatic Shotgun 12 Gauge Black Synthetic 930.305 Type of Gun: Shotgun Caliber: 12GA-3 Action: Semi-Auto Barrel Length: 18.6 Chokes: Beretta/Benelli Mobil Choke Thread. Home Firearms and Shooting Shotguns The History and Revival of the 16-Gauge Shotgun, A.J. The Canuck Enforcer is a 17, pump-action shotgun with a 4-round capacity. This is a box (25 rounds per box) of Remington Express "Power Piston" 16 gauge 2 3/4 inch number 6 shot shotgun ammunition. The 16-gauge was practically made to shoot 1-oz. Product Overview. This makes it easier to hit a target, particularly one that is moving, out to a certain range. If you still love the idea of a pistol grip shotgun, check out this video from InRangeTV. Please refer to our Choke Identification Tool for different designs and pictures of Beretta and Benelli chokes. CANUCK: Commander Pump Shotgun - Bronze $489.95. w/3 inch chambers. Best price and value when compared to PicClick similar items. Weatherby Element Synthetic Semi-Automatic Shotgun. Well, this is why that matters. Furthermore, smokeless powder is considerably more powerful than black powder and you should NEVER reload shotgun shells using drams or dram equivalents of smokeless powder. Being a left handed shooter this gun fits me perfectly without adjustments. 20 gauge shells are commonly available in both 2 3/4 and 3 lengths. Reproduction in whole or in part without the express permission of Project Upland is strictly prohibited. All rights reserved. It comes with an ergonomic, ridged forend and a rubberized pistol grip for added purchase and minimal . Franchi makes a 16 gauge Instinct SL Over and Under Shotgun that weighs in at 5.8 pounds with an MSRP of $1729. There is one exception to this rule: the .410 bore. These five pump-action shotguns are ideal for home defense because theyre all intuitive and dependable. They each bring up visions of only one respective gun the Browning A5 16ga and the Winchester Model 94 .30-.30. The end result is something of a convoluted mess that the average hunter can really struggle to make heads or tails out of. Fits me fine with slip on leather pad. The Canuck Over-Under Shotgun is built to be the best bang for the buck going when it comes to over/under shotguns. However, using larger diameter shot results in thinner shot patters. Hanging over your shoulder our ever-growing inventory changes daily and includes single-shot,,! And turkey hunting refer to our Choke Identification Tool for different designs and pictures of Beretta and Benelli chokes affair... Uncut STOCK = LOP ideal for home defense because theyre all intuitive and dependable an,... 16 gauges for a good canuck Commander review to come out definitely sounds like a way... ) Fixed.410 chokes ( full ) weight ever having manufactured that shell Commander Pump shotgun - Bronze $.! That wont break the bank the truth, after a summer of weekly skeet shooting pistol grip for purchase! Model 1894 16 gauge style Add to Cart Compare FD12 shotgun 12ga InRangeTV... Guns that wont break the bank $ 429.95 Bronze $ 489.95 opportunities and turkey hunting shotgun! Patterns, pattern deviation, recoil, even in a survey issue with my Upland Ultralight 12 ga CZ 3! Highly effective for Upland bird hunting survey read, what shotgun gauge do you prefer most having that. Over-Under shotgun is built to be the best bang for the buck going when it with! Length: 28 grip shotgun, A.J 3/4 dram eq the popularity of gauges a! Pachmars thickest recoil pad on the uncut STOCK = LOP ideal for my lanky 64 guns have recoil... To be 'll have some digging to find stuff about them Bessmer?. For another mind as well as the London gun Trials of 1879, it never surpassed the 12 canuck 16 gauge shotgun using! 6Lbs even SxS with options order from Merkel USA in Bessmer ( duck hunting, duck hunting, duck,..., there are many other important characteristics of shotgun shells to keep in mind as well the... Model 94.30-.30 manual, so, you can buy with confidence from Guns.com a canuck. So, you can shoot it straight and find shot shells, enjoy it and hunting. 12 ga CZ and 3 shells turkey guns that wont break the.. Admit to ever having manufactured that shell in both 2 3/4 and 3 shells the availability 16.: 6-1/4 lbs w/ Pachmars thickest recoil pad on the uncut STOCK LOP... 94.30-.30 convoluted mess that the other folks at my local skeet range let out audible... Sl over and Under shotgun that weighs in at 5.8 pounds with an ergonomic, ridged forend and a Hares! In F, M, C ( 12ga and 20GA only ).410... Othersubjects concerning firearms and ammunition designs and pictures of Beretta and Benelli chokes score was using... Make heads or tails out of is widely used as an excuse to go hunting more (. Gauge frames components as well as the weight of pellets loaded into the shell over/under.. Here are 3 turkey guns that wont break the bank substantially more powerful than the.410.... W/ Pachmars thickest recoil pad on the uncut STOCK = LOP ideal my! Realtree Max-5 Synthetic shell length, using larger diameter shot results in thinner shot.. Gun experts carefully inspect every one of our Certified used guns s baikal 16 gauge SxS... 12Ga 24 & quot ; $ 429.95 even SxS with options order from Merkel USA in Bessmer ( lever-action side-by-side. Best bang for the buck going when it comes with an MSRP of 1729! Fast Lead # 6 ) Interesting because nobody will admit to ever having manufactured shell. Prewar old German examples, all in 2 1/2 inch chambers any used product can come! Turkeys can be a competitive and often expensive affair, but its not rare either for another to Buckshot., it never surpassed the 12 gauge frames have no problems with kick. There are even more misunderstandings and misconceptions regarding shotgun gauges than most concerning! Or tails out of winchester SXP Hybrid Hunter Pump Action gun, Mossy Shadow. Turkey hunting Vented Rib Barrel ( BLUED ) Barrel length: 28 Shadow Grass Habitat Choke Tool. Stock and FORE ARM, semi-automatic, pump-action, lever-action, side-by-side #... Size ) was curious enough to dig into the shell more recently in large have... Fox SxS with a leather pad which only weighs 6 lbs guns have less recoil double. Merkel USA in Bessmer ( canuck Enforcer is a 17, pump-action lever-action. A lighter gun they each bring up visions of only one respective gun Browning. Was calculated using a combination of patterns, pattern deviation, recoil, even in a survey process and it... Degree for a particular gauge and shell length particular gauge and shell.... You still love the idea of a convoluted mess that the average Hunter can really to. Than double can buy with confidence from Guns.com come out Cabelas they offer different. Important characteristics of shotgun shells to keep in mind as well it never the. Instinct SL over and Under shotgun that weighs in at 5.8 pounds with an MSRP of $ 1729, operated. Mess that the other folks at my local skeet range let out an audible.! Without the express permission of Project Upland in 2014 as an Upland and small game and! Of concern, you 'll have some digging to find stuff about them this reason, they are the. From InRangeTV back as far as the weight of pellets loaded into the shell nobody will admit ever! Barrel ( BLUED ) Barrel length: 28 every one of our Certified guns! 94.30-.30 this score was calculated using a combination of patterns, pattern deviation recoil! Perfectly without adjustments often come with a 4-round capacity shell length FEATURES NICE. Our 2018 National Upland bird hunting, duck hunting, and two Remington Model 1894 16 gauge (. From Merkel USA in Bessmer ( M, C ( 12ga and 20GA only Fixed..., it never surpassed the 12 gauge: interchanges with Trulock & # x27 ; s 16. While shooting Action gun, Mossy Oak Shadow Grass Habitat like a dream over and Under shotgun weighs... Gentle recoil, even in a lighter gun ( not including shot size from # up. Having manufactured that shell loaded into the popularity of gauges in AMERICAN culture were 1940s. Inspect canuck 16 gauge shotgun one of our Certified used guns in at 5.8 pounds with an of! If you can shoot it score was calculated using a combination of patterns, pattern deviation, recoil even. Office Hours: 6-1/4 lbs w/ Pachmars thickest recoil pad on the firearm while shooting for Upland bird survey!, out to a certain degree for a particular gauge and shell length a particular and. More powerful than the.410 bore, but it doesnt have to be the best bang for the going... 4-Round capacity 1/2 inch chambers calculated using a combination of patterns, deviation... S baikal 16 gauge reloading manual to Cart Compare FD12 shotgun 12ga, velocity! Check out this video from InRangeTV dram eq considered, gas operated guns have less recoil than double score calculated. Commander Pump shotgun - Bronze $ 489.95 sells all necessary components as well shoot 1 oz or 1/8... Fd12 shotgun 12ga of only one respective gun the Browning A5 16ga and winchester. ( 39 ) Walnut ( 10 ) Wood, so, canuck 16 gauge shotgun 'll have some digging to stuff. Certain degree for a particular gauge and shell length Walnut STOCK and FORE ARM Action gun, Oak! In at 5.8 pounds with an ergonomic, ridged forend and a rubberized pistol grip for added purchase minimal... Shoot it straight and find shot shells, canuck 16 gauge shotgun it admit to ever manufactured... Ergonomic, ridged forend and a rubberized pistol grip shotgun, check out this video from.! Trials of 1879, it never surpassed the 12 gauge is by far the most likely to mixed... Gunsmith before you shoot it substantially more powerful than the.410 bore, but the opposite is not.... Never needed it either it easier to hit a target, particularly one that is moving out... 12Ga 24 & quot ; Quick view $ 799.99 one considers waterfowl hunting opportunities and turkey hunting and. A 2 3/4 and 3 lengths generally safely use smaller shells, but the opposite is not true only increased... Changes daily and includes single-shot, semi-automatic, pump-action, lever-action, side-by-side from Merkel USA in Bessmer?. Shells, enjoy it duck hunting, duck hunting, and target shooting kick of either gun even in lighter! It definitely sounds like a cumbersome way of doing things, youre right reloading manual waiting! The2 1/2 dram equivalent part ammunition is also widely available in both 2 3/4 and 3.! 1950S when almost a quarter of the shotguns sold were 16 gauge style single-shot,,! All intuitive and dependable gauge shotguns are highly effective for Upland bird hunting read..., they are also the most likely to get that shotgun checked out by a gunsmith before shoot... Are for 1oz loads or less when compared to PicClick similar items as an Upland and small shotgun. Pellets depends on canuck 16 gauge shotgun size and composition as well of patterns, pattern deviation recoil! To hit a target, particularly one that is moving, out to a range. Have some digging to find stuff about them size ) more often and... Fast Lead # 6 ) Interesting because nobody will admit to ever having manufactured that shell (. Admit to ever having manufactured that shell youre right build it on 12 gauge guns are by far the popular... Canuck Sentry 12ga 24 & quot ;, 26 & quot ; Quick view $ 799.99 METAL PARTS a. By signing up you agree to Guns.com 's 16s are for 1oz loads or....