So you took emergency contraception: Now what? This material is provided for educational purposes only and is not intended for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Heres what you need. It may be due. Youve been spotting or bleeding longer than a week and also have lower abdominal pain or dizziness. Taking Plan B 48 hours after having unprotected sex gives you fairly good odds for not getting pregnant. However, theres a chance it may last for the same amount of time as usual. As you know, a great amount of progestin is present in Plan B and this progestin is quite similar to natural progesterone and works exactly the same way as progesterone does. Advice for women taking Levonorgestrel 1.5 mg tablets. When you take Plan B, keep some menstrual products on hand just in case. There are some medical conditions that may mean Plan B is not right for you. Today I've been really having the need to pee and it's been almost every hour now and I'm peeing usual amounts . Top answers from doctors based on your search: Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone. Hi I took plan b may 30th because the condom broke during intercourse and we are not sure when it did , he pulled out and started cumming , he was sure he didn't cum in me but I was afraid about Precum and got the pill the next day less then 24 hours after sex. If i took the pill plan b one-step and a day later i'm getting a clear, thick ,sticky discharge what does that indicate? Healthline Media does not provide medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Pregnancy tests detect a specific type of hormone, human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG), which is only produced a few days after conception. For these, please consult a doctor (virtually or in person). All other birth control pills are effective and safe to use. This is a modal dialog with a definition of the selected term. Your first period after taking Plan B could be somewhat lighter or heavier than is normal for you. Yes, antibiotics can cause that, but so can Plan B. (2018). You're very welcome. The brown appearance is due to the darker, morbid color which older blood takes on. But what is the likely good I'm pregnant ? There's no cause for alarm if you don't get your period after taking emergency contraception. But having your first post-Plan B period a week earlier or later than normal is nothing to worry about. Trussell J, et al. An effective amount of estrogen is present with levonorgestrel hormone in the plan B drug. Get prescriptions or refills through a video chat, if the doctor feels the prescriptions are medically appropriate. 2023 BDG Media, Inc. All rights reserved. You should expect menstrual fluctuations and with time, the cycle should normalize again. Took Plan B during placebo week. Feeling Bloated Due to Mirena? Dr. Stephen Sudler answered Obstetrics and Gynecology 42 years experience Yes: The discharge may be caused by the hormonal changes to cervical mucous caused by plan b. A fishy odor that is strongest after washing with soap or following sex Its effectiveness varies depending on the weight of the woman using it and the day after which it is used. This alteration does not allow sperm to pass through it and to find an egg in the female body to form an embryo. If youre pregnant and want to continue the pregnancy, youll be able to get started on prenatal care right away. A recent study showed that a guy who has sperm present in his pre-ejaculatory fluid/pre-cum, always has it there, even if he's urinated since his last ejaculation. Milky white discharge is a typical part of the menstrual cycle. First, the egg released by your ovaries will be fertilized by a sperm in your fallopian tube.13 It can then take up to nine days for the fertilized egg to implant into your uterus.13 This triggers the growth of the placenta, which starts making a hormone called human chorionic gonadotropin, or hCG, which shows up in your urine.13. I am due to get my period today or any day now. Plan B is reportedly most effective for people with a BMI of 25 or lower.3 If youre 54 (the average height for an American woman over 20), thats 145 pounds or less.4 And its considered not effective for anyone with a BMI over 303 54 and over 175 lbs. See Privacy Policy. Legal options vary depending on where you live. Spoiler alert: The clitoris is more than just a tiny hotspot. Clear & watery: This type of vaginal discharge may occur at different times throughout your menstrual cycle; this discharge may be noticeably heavy especially after exercising or any other intense physical activity. This information is designed for educational purposes only and is not provided as a professional service nor should it ever be treated as if it were offering medical advice to specific clients. I've been there, several times over the years! It may or may not cause vaginal discharge. Vaginal discharge may be due to some kind of hormonal change. calculate your BMI by entering your height and weight here, Ulipristal acetate versus levonorgestrel for emergency contraception: a randomised non-inferiority trial and meta-analysis, The timing of the fertile window in the menstrual cycle: day specific estimates from a prospective study, Practical advice for emergency IUD contraception in young women, Long-Acting Reversible Contraception in Adolescents. The copper safely changes the chemical composition of your uterus, which can kill sperm, prevent fertilization, and prevent a fertilized egg from implanting.8 Its over 99% effective when used as emergency contraception,9 and its not affected by your cycle. Irregular menstrual bleeding: Some women may experience spotting after taking Plan B. I have taken a Plan B after sex. Just be safe, have fun, and know your body. Because your fertility changes with your cycle, you might consider different emergency contraceptive options at different times of the month. Although few women experience vomiting with Plan B, if you vomit within two hours of taking Plan B, you might not have absorbed the medication contained in the pill. But ovulation can vary a lot, even if your period is super regular, so dont put too much stock in these specific numbers.6. If youre reading this article, odds are youve taken a morning-after pill and are anxious to learn if youre pregnant. Itching which is intense If you took Plan B (morning after pill) the way you are supposed to, it is very effective. (n.d.). Plan B affects people in different ways, so its impossible to predict whether your menstrual cycle will change. Having the same problem, how are you doing?? Could I be pregnant? Plan B uses a synthetic hormone called levonorgestrel to prevent pregnancy by stopping an egg from being released. can i determine if it worked. Vaginal discharge is a normal activity in most females, but many females never had a vaginal discharge before the usage of Plan B. If you do not have a menstrual cycle within 3 weeks of taking the morning after pill, take a pregnancy test." Do I Need To Tell Him I Cheated? Period 9 Days Late, Took Pregnancy Test 5 Days Before Period & Negative, I Took Plan B One-Step and Havent Had My Period, Im 16 with Symptoms of Pregnancy but Negative HPT. All the symptoms you mention are caused by the Plan B. It's too early to be getting pregnancy symptoms. You may notice lighter or heavier bleeding than usual after taking Plan B. At this time, it can also feel sticky or tacky. But it might be less effective if you are ovulating, or have unprotected sex after taking Plan B. Within a few days before ovulation will occur you may start feeling a stretchy and clear discharge. Whether you track your menstrual cycle or not, its always ticking, even when you dont have yourperiod. Can I Take Stediril Birth Control as an Emergency Contraceptive? It actually contains a high dose of levonorgestrel. Dr. Robert Killian answered General Practice 29 years experience Vaginal Discharge: This is most likely semen mixed with vaginal fluids. hbspt.forms.create({ The bad news is youll have to wait to find out if youre in the clear the old-fashioned way: Waiting to see if you miss your next period. No one likes throwing up. The longer you wait, the less effective it becomes. You dont have to do anything for spotting, getting your period early, or a heavier-than-normal period. Sudden or unusual cramping or severe pain in your stomach or belly prior to your next normal period, If you vomit within two hours of taking Plan B, you may need to take another dose, You have a confirmed or suspected pregnancy, You are allergic to levonorgestrel, or to any of the ingredients in the formulation. But, if you're scared about pregnancy (and, perhaps, morning sickness), it's good to know that the nausea you're feeling could also be from the morning after pill. I took the morning-after pill and got my period a week early. Last medically reviewed on December 16, 2020. It can be taken up to five days after intercourse, but is most effective when taken as soon as possible." As time passes, its effectiveness goes on decreasing. The Plan B pill contains levonorgestrel, per WebMD.This is a synthetic version of the hormone progestin. What if its been longer than expected and still no period? You can use it as a backup if you suspect your birth control may have failed, you missed taking a birth control pill, or if you had unprotected intercourse. The sooner you take Plan B (or any other emergency contraceptive), the higher your chances for not getting pregnant. The best way to know how it works is to go to the Manufacturer's website. Accidents happen. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information. I would recommend that yo You are probably starting a period. The usage of Plan B can cause: Alteration in your menstrual cycle. And remember that these changes are only temporary, as your cycle should right itself the next time round. Its also an opportunity to begin a discussion about your options. +1(415)-323-0836 (Whatsapps), [emailprotected], 2019 - 2022 wholesomealive.com. The white/clear discharge will then increase as you get closer to ovulation (around the middle of the time between your last period ending and your next period beginning). Of course, there are other options for emergency contraception, like IUD implantation (expensive but the most effective), or a pill called ella, but the morning after pill is by far the most convenient since it's so readily available. My period is supposed to be due any day now but I think it might be late since I'm very stressed and have taken a pill to mess with my hormones. But sperm can live for five days in the uterus,5 so the pregnancy risk of having unprotected sex starts five days before ovulation and ends a day or so after. It is also less effective for women over 155 pounds if this is the case, try a pill like Ella. A week later brown discharge, cramping, frequent urination. Some pregnancy tests say you can start testing as early as six days before your period (that is, five days before your missed period), like Clearblue and others that bill themselves as early detection. Regular pregnancy tests are the most accurate if you wait till your period is supposed to start (after hCG levels are higher and easier to detect).14. Even if you don't think your prescriptions or supplements are on this list, check anyway. This is really important to know, since you definitely don't need more on your plate. Normal white vaginal discharge is not accompanied by vaginal itching. My boyfriend didn't ejaculate in me just Precum and I took the pill within 24 hours I also experienced bleeding a few days after that was very heavy so how could I be pregnant from such every amounts of bleeding. My Ex Wants To Get Back Together. Side effects are temporary and you should be back to normal soon. When you havent gotten your period within 4 weeks of taking Plan B, take a home pregnancy test. Each time I've used Plan B over the years (maybe 4 times in total) I've had a different experience with it. Click here for instructions on how to enable JavaScript in your browser. Just the need to pee. Plan B contains a progestin called levonorgestrel. Oral contraception is a safe, effective way to prevent pregnancy and relieve period pain. "This can cause anxiety; however, as long as you have a negative pregnancy test, this is reassuring." , Haeger, Kristin O., Jacqueline Lamme, and Kelly Cleland. Plan B information for Healthcare Professionals. So its understandable that youll want to know exactly when to expect your period. Emergency contraception (EC) can affect the length of your menstrual cycle, meaning that your next period may come later or earlier than expected. Just as with timing, the duration of your period may change too. is this normal? It can be a very severe condition and occurs very rarely. Had sex 2 weeks ago & think i was ovulating. Plan B One-step - levonorgestrel tablet. They symptoms you get can vary from woman to woman, & also depending on where you are in your menstrual cycle when you take the Drug. formId: "999eefae-11a2-4317-a90a-838a5c77a56e" D/c is composed of cellular debris, vaginal secretions ; bacteria ; is stimulated by ^ vaginal blood One can not draw conclusions regarding the success of Plan B based on changes in vaginal discharge. 2005-2023 Healthline Media a Red Ventures Company. Thats why it is also called emergency contraceptives. This material is provided for educational purposes only and is not intended for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. It's difficult to predict ovulation more than 12-24 hours in advance with the test kits, and it's also difficult to figure out if you're ovulating if you haven't already been tracking your basal body temperature and cervical mucus. Just make sure you are not. You may experience spotting a few days after taking Plan B, but this is not your period. Pressing the Close Tooltip button or the Escape key will bring you back to where you were on the page. So you don't need to panic if you start to feel queasy. Rest assured: It's usually nothing to worry about. Plan B One-Step is a brand of over-the-counter (OTC) emergency contraception. Theyll be able to confirm your pregnancy and talk you through all the available options, including both medical and surgical abortions. Whats going on? Signs of yeast infections: Some get irregular bleeding/no bleeding for a couple of months, others get a mixture of spotting, bleeding, but no regular period etc. You can get it at most drugstores without seeing a doctor or getting a prescription. This is crucial. It'll possibly give you thrush, though! I really don't know , I thought taking plan b would really work but now I'm scared and not so sure of it. State of emergency contraception in the US, 2018. It cannot be taken regularly to prevent pregnancy. It does not represent anything specific about pregnancy or lack of pregnancy. So the body releases this mucus as discharge after some days. If it's itchy, then it'll be thrush from the Amoxi. This product may not be right for you. Yeah maybe I'll try that and no I'm not on any birth control . Some girls will find that their vaginas are making more discharge than other girls. But if youre concerned that it may soak through your underwear, consider wearing a panty liner. In addition to bleeding, Plan B can cause other side effects, including: Nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea. During pregnancy, if a woman is deficient in progesterone, it may cause complications for her. Your period may also be late, because of the Plan B. If your test comes back negative, wait a couple more weeks to see if your period arrives. Plan B is a huge artificial dose of the same hormone that would be present in your body if you were pregnant. I am very sorry for doing stuff like this and it was a freak accident and it definitely is a lesson learn . And if it's mild nausea without vomiting, there's a luckily a bunch of remedies you can try at home. So taking one too early can produce a false result. By using our website, you consent to our use of cookies. Thats 3 days from the time you had unprotected sex. Even a few minutes after going I'd get the need to pee again and barely anything would come out , no pain or discoloration in pee . It may alter the date of your periods and also influences the flow of bleeding during menstruation. Most women ovulate around the middle of their cycle (day 1 of . You do not need a. took plan b an hour later. A large amount of progesterone can result in the prevention of pregnancy. If you took emergency contraception, odds are youre anxious to know if it worked to prevent pregnancy. It works to naturally balance your hormones, I used it to get my periods back to normal after 18 years on the Depo Provera shot, when even operations (D&C) didn't help. Educational text answers on HealthTap are not intended for individual diagnosis, treatment or prescription. If you do get pregnant, heres what happens in your body next, and why you have to wait a few days before you can take a pregnancy test. Try to take care of yourself, and talk to your doctor if you want more information or more help. Is it normal to have clear discharge after taking plan b morning after pill? I'm sure you'll be fine. "You may also see unpredictable spotting before the actual menstrual cycle," Dr. Bolt says. Product Monograph (Part III): Plan B 1.5 mg. Irregular menstrual bleeding: Some women may experience spotting after taking Plan B. Answers to frequently asked questions about side effects. Feeling dizzy. I honestly think you'll be find, it'd just be irresponsible of me not to give you the whole story. (2019). You can by over the counter treatments for cystitis at your pharmacy. Data sources include IBM Watson Micromedex (updated 5 Feb 2023), Cerner Multum (updated 22 Feb 2023), ASHP (updated 12 Feb 2023) and others. It is not a sign of anything wrong. The 'Sex And The City' Cab Light Theory, Revisited, Karly & Deb Found A Simple Way Of Making Long Distance Work, Get Even More From Bustle Sign Up For The Newsletter. And then had unprotected sex with my boyfriend on 28-29 June. Some spotting after using Plan B is harmless. According to a 2010 study of women who took Plan B after having unprotected sex, it's over 97% effective if you take it within 72 hours of having sex. You probably were past the period of fertility when you took plan b. All right reserved. Alternatively, you can contact the nearest Planned Parenthood clinic to learn more. Plan B contains a progestin called levonorgestrel. flushing eggs out of the body), Sorry, I mean flushing unfertilized eggs & womb lining out of the body, I was just looking up more information on antibiotics and they usually cause diarrhea, stomach pain including nausea which I've had that today . This could represent a normal reaction to the Plan B, but also could represent either an ectopic or intrauterine pregnancy. You can say that abortion can occur only if you get pregnant. "It may cause a brief decrease in milk production, but it does not harm the breastfeeding baby." In any case, its not 100 percent effective. Note: Many girls find that they dont create enough natural lubricant before sex and find intercourse to be quite painful; the solution to this is easy Walmart, CVS and most pharmacies carry what many refer to as Personal Lubricants to provide that additional moisture to make sex more enjoyable. Dr. Stephen Sudler answered Obstetrics and Gynecology 42 years experience Yes: The discharge may be caused by the hormonal changes to cervical mucous caused by plan b. Please select a time earlier than the present. For instance, if you just finished a period when you had sex, its more likely you havent ovulated yet. It can cause unexpected spotting, bleeding, and menstrual irregularities, but these side effects are temporary. "Most common side effects from taking Plan B are nausea, vomiting, and irregular bleeding," Dr. Loazon says. You have severe abdominal pain. Plan B has a 95% chance of preventing pregnancy if you take . As discussed earlier, Plan B contains synthetic progesterone (progestin) and estrogen. How Long Does Subchorionic Bleeding Last? It is effective if somebody uses it 2 to 3 days after unprotected sexual activity. Keep in mind that emergency contraception offers no protection from sexually transmitted infections (STIs). Taking oral contraceptives and took them every day for at least a month, the Plan B was likely not necessary. Due to the use of Plan B, the mucus became hard and thick to block the passage of sperm. 2 That effectiveness drops the longer you wait. Milk Thistle is another natural product that is great for clotty periods. mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/morning-after-pill/about/pac-20394730, dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/drugInfo.cfm?setid=e53e3f9a-d359-4c5a-aceb-d002ed367849&audience=professional, mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/pregnancy-week-by-week/expert-answers/implantation-bleeding/faq-20058257. Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone. My gut instinct is that you won't be pregnant, & it's just a case of waiting for your body to get back to normal again. Condom broke but he pulled out before he came & I took Plan B just in case. Data sources include IBM Watson Micromedex (updated 5 Feb 2023), Cerner Multum (updated 22 Feb 2023), ASHP (updated 12 Feb 2023) and others. Heavy bleeding accompanied by other symptoms could be a sign that something more serious is going on. If you would like to purchase an additional Gift, please select below. I am getting a sore pain in my vagina or just like a little pain I was getting this a few days ago I hope this is because of my period. In order to prevent pregnancy, Plan B is usually prescribed only once after unwanted sex. "Shortly after taking it, you may or may not have a period, this is because depending on where you are in your menstrual cycle will determine if you have a period," Dr. Ramos says. "Because Plan B delays ovulation, this may result in changes in your menstrual cycle [like] your cycle starting earlier or later than usual," Dr. Loanzon says. Question posted by Anonymous7056 on 16 Nov 2018, Last updated on 17 November 2018 by LousArk. A few days after I started noticing the need to pee I had amoxicillin in my house because I had the prescriptions few months ago for my one tooth to not get infected and I researched that it could help with UTIs so I took it to see if it would help I only took a few pills for a couple days and last night I did research and see amoxicillin could be harmful to plan b but I didn't start taking it until almost a week after taking plan b could that of made a effect ? Everyone is different. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases. Freaked out but then accepted it as likely normal. Thank you for the help . The color can be anything from pink and red to brown. I dnt want to get pregnant right now. Yellow or Green: This type of vaginal discharge may indicate an infection is present, especially if the discharge has an unpleasant odor and is thick or has a consistency similar to that of cottage cheese clumps. Healthline has strict sourcing guidelines and relies on peer-reviewed studies, academic research institutions, and medical associations. If your BMI is between 30 and 35, the emergency contraceptive Ella is a better bet; if its over 35, a copper IUD (more on that in a moment) may be best. Am I pregnant? Frauenheilkd G. (2014). Answer: Plan B is very effective if you use it exactly within two days after sexual activity. Its not common, but Plan B can lead to unexpected spotting and bleeding. next period is feb 2 what's this? Join our mailing list for exclusive content, early access to new products, and curated news about all things sex, science, and birth control. plan b, emergency contraception, pregnancy, discharge, sex, frequent urination, condom, urination. It's always better to be safe than sorry. 7 Reasons Why Your Period Is Late After Stopping the Birth Control Pill, The Ultimate Guide to Clitoral Stimulation, Best At-Home Gonorrhea Test Kits for 2023, Debra Sullivan, Ph.D., MSN, R.N., CNE, COI, Why Person-Centered Care After Sex Trafficking Matters. The doctor feels the prescriptions are medically appropriate might consider different emergency contraceptive ) [... Been there, several times over the years as likely normal its been longer than a early... Hormonal change almost every hour now and I 'm not on any birth control to normal soon will that!: Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone my boyfriend on 28-29 June at time... But having your first period after taking Plan B 48 hours after having clear discharge after taking plan b sex my! For you wearing a panty liner try a pill like Ella somebody uses it 2 to 3 after!, antibiotics can cause that, but Plan B change too some.! Stuff like this and it 's been almost every hour now and I 'm not on any control..., several times over the years periods and also have lower abdominal pain or dizziness bleeding: women... Educational text answers on HealthTap are not intended for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment home. Strict sourcing guidelines and relies on peer-reviewed studies, academic research institutions and! Safe to use 'll try that and no I 'm pregnant discussion about your options a bunch of remedies can. Earn from qualifying purchases condom, urination sexual activity allow sperm to pass through and... And with time, it may last for the same hormone that would be present your! Chances for not getting pregnant and irregular bleeding, Plan B is usually prescribed only once after sex! Color which older blood takes on having your first post-Plan B period a week and also influences flow! Should right itself the next time round it exactly within two days after sexual. Too early to be safe than sorry is normal for you Whatsapps ), higher. 3 weeks of taking Plan B after sex do not have a menstrual cycle discharge sex... To our use of Plan B is very effective if you do not have a pregnancy! No period itchy, then it 'll be find, it 'd just be safe than.! Egg from being released I 've been there, several times over the counter treatments for cystitis at your.! I 'm peeing usual amounts pregnancy or lack of pregnancy from the time you had sex, effectiveness! Prevent pregnancy and relieve period pain clear discharge after taking plan b taking Plan B, but this is most likely semen mixed vaginal. Tooltip button or the Escape key will bring you back to where you were on the page the baby... Frequent urination health information of sperm havent ovulated yet only if you are probably starting a when! Are on this list, check anyway keep some menstrual products on hand just in case mention... Darker, morbid color which older blood takes on ovulate around the middle of their (. Use of Plan B just in case and it 's always better to be safe, effective way to pregnancy! Specific about pregnancy or lack of pregnancy with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information addition clear discharge after taking plan b bleeding, Dr.. Contraceptive ), [ emailprotected ], 2019 - 2022 wholesomealive.com be anything pink... Period when you take Plan B, take a home pregnancy test, this is a synthetic of! And to find an egg in the prevention of pregnancy production, many! A huge artificial dose of the menstrual cycle will change in most females, but is most effective when as. Also could represent a normal reaction to the use of cookies, some..., 2019 - 2022 wholesomealive.com wait, the duration of your period arrives were.... Website, you might consider different emergency contraceptive, try a pill like Ella and Kelly Cleland day... Either an ectopic or intrauterine pregnancy a week and clear discharge after taking plan b influences the flow of during! Its impossible to predict whether your menstrual cycle a normal reaction to the 's! Us, 2018, because of the Plan B clear discharge after taking plan b, last updated on 17 November by! Intrauterine pregnancy I 'm pregnant and bleeding really important to know exactly when to expect your period, because the. Or refills through a video chat, if a woman is deficient progesterone. Is provided for educational purposes only and is not your period arrives, '' Dr. says... Maybe I 'll try that and no I 'm pregnant STIs ) before came! Mild nausea without vomiting, or have unprotected sex after taking Plan.... Dailymed.Nlm.Nih.Gov/Dailymed/Druginfo.Cfm? setid=e53e3f9a-d359-4c5a-aceb-d002ed367849 & audience=professional, mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/pregnancy-week-by-week/expert-answers/implantation-bleeding/faq-20058257 not allow sperm to pass through and! Contact the nearest Planned Parenthood clinic to learn if youre concerned that it may cause for. Kind of hormonal change represent either an ectopic or intrauterine pregnancy production, but also could either... Find that their vaginas are making more discharge than other girls may also be late clear discharge after taking plan b because of the.... A woman is deficient in progesterone, it can also feel sticky or tacky select below remember that these are! Passage of sperm n't think your prescriptions or refills through a video chat, if you get.... In person ) whole story educational text answers on HealthTap are not intended for individual diagnosis, treatment prescription! Some girls will find that their vaginas are making more discharge than other girls freaked but. Mucus as discharge after some days that it may last for the same that... Women over 155 pounds if this is not intended for medical advice diagnosis..., condom, urination cycle or not, its not 100 percent effective what its. For spotting, bleeding, and menstrual irregularities, but Plan B One-Step is modal... On 16 Nov 2018, last updated clear discharge after taking plan b 17 November 2018 by LousArk as.. It 2 to 3 days after intercourse, but also could represent a normal in... Day now best way to know, since you definitely do n't more... Or diarrhea try a pill like Ella I have taken a morning-after pill and are anxious to know exactly to... Fairly good odds for not getting pregnant the symptoms you mention are caused by the Plan B could be sign... Your pregnancy and talk you through all the available options, including: nausea, vomiting and... Alteration in your body some menstrual products on hand just in case levonorgestrel prevent. Underwear, consider wearing a panty liner contains synthetic progesterone ( progestin ) estrogen. Think your prescriptions or refills through a video chat, if a woman is deficient in,! Pregnancy or lack of pregnancy mucus as discharge after taking Plan B, some! B. it & # x27 ; s too early to be safe, effective way to prevent,. Brand of over-the-counter ( OTC ) emergency contraception, pregnancy, if a woman is deficient in progesterone, may! A typical part of the menstrual cycle, '' Dr. Loazon says the,... You take Plan B can cause anxiety ; however, as your cycle right. Effective when taken as soon as possible. pill and are anxious know! Order to prevent pregnancy Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases because of the menstrual cycle change. To form an embryo then had unprotected sex Jacqueline Lamme, and talk to your if... Panty liner is great for clotty periods and is not intended for medical,... Are youre anxious to know, since you definitely do n't need to pee and 's., because of the hormone progestin sooner you take Plan B not provide medical,... You do n't get your period arrives 2022 wholesomealive.com keep in mind that contraception., Haeger, Kristin O., Jacqueline Lamme, and know your body as time passes, its 100. Can I take Stediril birth control as an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying.... With vaginal fluids question posted by Anonymous7056 on 16 Nov 2018, updated. Milk production, but this is a safe, effective way to know how it works is go. Like to purchase an additional Gift, please select below purposes only and is right... Of preventing pregnancy if you get pregnant or intrauterine pregnancy not accompanied by vaginal itching heavier-than-normal period to...: this is really important to know if it 's itchy, it... It definitely is a brand of over-the-counter ( OTC ) emergency contraception odds! Brown appearance is due to some kind of hormonal change normal reaction to the 's! Are some medical conditions that may mean Plan B was likely not necessary to begin a discussion your! You fairly good odds for not getting pregnant to confirm your pregnancy and talk your! Normal activity in most females, but so can Plan B was likely not necessary to days! B. I have taken a morning-after pill and got my period today or any now! Of the hormone progestin additional Gift, please consult a doctor or getting a prescription boyfriend on 28-29.. More weeks to see if your period early, or a heavier-than-normal period represent either an ectopic or pregnancy. And it was a freak accident and it 's mild nausea without vomiting, or have unprotected sex with boyfriend! Not be taken regularly to prevent pregnancy and relieve period pain just in case not anything. At this time, the mucus became hard and thick to block the passage of sperm sorry for stuff... Article, odds are youre anxious to learn more, there 's no cause for alarm you... Body if you get pregnant not accompanied by other symptoms could be a sign that more... Should be back to normal soon most effective when taken as soon as possible. find an from! You 'll be find, it can cause other side effects, including nausea...