Continue to cook potatoes until bubbly and foamy. Theyre so good you wont want to share! If you are using smaller potatoes that have thin skins, theres no need to peel them (see roasted potatoes with skins recipe). Often seen on cooking reality tv, this fancy potato side dish is melt-in-your-mouth unique, and worth-it way to enjoy super tender potatoes. We would love to help and also love feedback on all of our posts. To get the crispiest roast potatoes, they should be placed in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Ultima Cosa Digital Air Fryer Oven - 10L/10.6QT - Black Stainless Steell - Only at Best Buy. Potatoes We use baby potatoes. These air fryer steak fajitas are the perfect quick and easy meal! Once the potatoes are cooked, remove from the air fryer and sprinkle with salt, dried parsley, Parmesan cheese, and any other desired toppings. Your regular oven stays free to use for other endeavors. Put potatoes in the air fryer basket. russet potatoes, scrubbed, dried and cut into 1-inch pieces. Thank you Linda! That is, until I tried baking a potato in my air fryer. Notes: You should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe using your preferred nutrition calculator. Read more about me. For maximum crispiness cook for 1-2 minutes longer than recipe suggests. Your email address will not be published. When hot, add the potatoes cut-side down. Suggestions for some favorite toppings are bacon bits, green onion, garlic, shredded cheddar cheese, or even Instant Pot Chili! Its seriously amazing that Ive been using it almost every day. Theyre great with all kinds of meat, chicken, fish and veggie dishes. You can pan-fry the potatoes ahead of time as well as baste them with butter and thyme. Try some of ourfavorite delicious side dishesand clear up your own confusion on what to serve. I would reheat them in the air fryer at 400 deg F for 5 minutes or until warm in the middle. A husband and wife team bringing our love of the air fryer to the Internet. Air Fryer Potato Wedges. Let us know how it went in the comments below! From my home to yourshappy cooking! Nope, just toss the potatoes in butter as directed. Air-fry for 30 minutes at 200C, tossing every 10 minutes to ensure they crisp up and brown evenly. Preheat an air fryer to 380F and coat the basket with nonstick cooking spray. Additional 3-5 minutes of cook time may be needed due to the difference in size. This is actually the trick to making crispy French fries, too. Subscribe to receive weekly recipes and get a FREE Bonus e-book: Quick & Easy Weeknight Meals! And for more great Air Fryer recipes, check out my Air Fryer recipe collection. Fondant potatoes make a great side dish for meat or seafood meals. They're best eaten the day-of. Garlic butter is great on just about everything, but oh boy, its just fabulous on roasted potatoes! Add butter to pan before browning second side. Tips, tricks and easyrecipes to feed that air fryer inspiration! Are you on Facebook? Add spices and season potatoes, mixing well to coat. Rub or sprinkle some olive oil all over the skin of the potatoes. Once you try air fried roasted potatoes, you'll never make them any other way! Cut each potato in half (or thirds if they are extra large). Stainless Steel, XL. Toss them to coat evenly. Place the potatoes in the air fryer basket in a single layer. Theyre quick enough to serve as part of an easy weeknight meal and fancy enough to serve to guests! A little seasoning is all it takes to produce a richly flavored side dish that your family (and guests) will love. Place the olive oil into a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. These air fryer roasted potatoes are amazing! Season generously with salt and pepper. Instructions. Make sure to follow me on Pinterest,FacebookandInstagram. If your potatoes are larger then its best to peel them. Season with salt and black pepper. Pour in chicken stock (chicken broth) and place the hot skillet in the hot oven for a cook time of about 15 minutes. Your family will love you for it. You can always cook for longer, but an overcooked potato cant be undone. Thanks to your recipe I was able to serve some great potatoes for lunch. These air fryer roasted potatoes are a super delicious side dish that works well with so many recipes. Return the potatoes to the air fryer. Im not sure how the Instant Pot works, but I would think theyd be fine. Method STEP 1 Slice the ends off the potatoes so they lie flat on either side. Make these when youre home alone. Air fry baked potatoes in a single layer for 25 minutes at 400 degrees F. Flip the potatoes. These potatoes just need to be lightly pressed to flatten. In a large bowl, toss the potatoes with extra-virgin olive oil, smoked paprika if using, garlic granules, and season with salt and pepper (or any other seasonings that youre using). and share your photos! Thanks to your recipe I was able to serve some great potatoes for lunch. This removes excess starch from potatoes and is an important step. Variations. So glad you enjoyed it! Cut and open the potatoes, add toppings, and DIG IN! Transfer the skillet to a preheated oven and cook until the potatoes are tender. So why not give it a try? Your Privacy Choices: Opt Out of Sale/Targeted Ads. Less oil is needed to create that craveable, crispy skin exterior, making the air fryer a healthy cooking option for potatoes. I can I save recipes on this (Hollys site? Required fields are marked *. As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Otherwise, oils with a high smoke point, such as canola oil, avocado oil, grapeseed oil, and even cooking spray, are ideal. What Ive been reading and watching videos on recipes it should be great! And if you hate washing the Air Fryer basket, then I recommend that you start using these Air Fryer basket liners. We love to see your creations. Talia, Katherine, Maddie, Kian, Liv, and Betsy are all in agreement, although many felt calling it a " brookie " (part brownie, part chocolate chip cookie) is misleading. Step 1 out of 6 Turn Air Fryer to 400 F for five minutes. Then, place smashed potatoes back into the air fryer basket, in a single layer and return basket to air fryer. These sides can round out your dinner menu and make sure that your celebratory ham is balanced by incredible veggies, potatoes, homemade breads, and more. Very impressive as a special side for dinner with friends and family. Perfect for a dinner party, these aromatic potatoes with rosemary and thyme sprigs will bring any meal to the next level. Try serving them with: My air fryer has made so many dishes perfectly effortless to make, and these roasted potatoes are one of them! Fill the air fryer basket no more than half full. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the potatoes are fork-tender. Dont throw away those leftovers! Keep it simple with garlic powder, salt and pepper, or switch it up by adding your favorite seasoningsCajun, herbs de Provence, even Parmesanto make them completely your own. Place the potato cylinders into a bowl of cold water to remove the starch. Sprinkle roasted potatoes with salt and pepper to taste. Theyre so quick and easy to make, and use a fraction of the oil that youd normally use! Prep the potatoes by peeling and cutting off each end. Then add the stock to the skillet. If you have leftover roasted potatoes they can be smashed and air fried. I mean, what does it NOT go well with? As they cook, use a paper towel held with tongs to carefully blot out the oil from the skillet. If you have the time, dice up your potatoes and try it out. "Please try this! The potatoes came out perfectly done. This dish is not only festive and fun to look at, but it's also surprisingly easy to make. Each potato is deliciously crunchy and the middle is light and fluffy. Toss to combine. How to Make the Crispiest, Easy Air Fryer Potatoes, This Simple Pea Salad Is Perfect for Spring, Your Privacy Choices: Opt Out of Sale/Targeted Ads. Place potato shapes into vegetable oil, season with salt and black pepper, and fry on one side for 5 minutes. Store them in the fridge in an airtight container for 2 to 3 days (I love using these storage containers for leftovers). Optional favorite dipping sauce: ranch dressing, sour cream and chive, hot sauce, garlic butter or blue cheese dressing. Put the potato pieces in a bowl and toss with olive oil, so all the potatoes are coated with oil. Do I need to boil my potatoes before frying?No need to boil! Though not necessary, this is another helpful step to making the crispiest potatoes. This post contains some affiliate links, which means that I make a small commission off items you purchase at no additional cost to you. .css-13cdu9y{display:block;font-family:GTHaptikBold,Helvetica,Arial,Sans-serif;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom:0;margin-top:0;-webkit-text-decoration:none;text-decoration:none;}@media (any-hover: hover){.css-13cdu9y:hover{color:link-hover;}}@media(max-width: 48rem){.css-13cdu9y{font-size:1.18581rem;line-height:1.2;margin-bottom:0.625rem;}}@media(min-width: 40.625rem){.css-13cdu9y{line-height:1.2;}}@media(min-width: 48rem){.css-13cdu9y{font-size:1.23488rem;line-height:1.2;margin-bottom:0rem;}}@media(min-width: 64rem){.css-13cdu9y{font-size:1.23488rem;line-height:1.1;margin-bottom:-0.5rem;}}Creamy Tomato Vegan Pasta. Love! Hope you enjoy it! There's no need to arrange them on a single layer. Mix: In a medium sized bowl combine the potatoes, olive oil, Italian seasoning, garlic, salt, pepper and Parmesan Cheese. Flip: Toss the potatoes in the basket and continue to cook for 8-10 minutes or until tender and crisp. Im definitely enjoying your blog and look forward to new updates. I like to sprinkle over a little salt and pepper to serve them (check out these salt and pepper grinders they are great!). I'm Diana and Im here to teach you how to make easy meals that are quick, family-friendly, and delicious! These air fryer roasted potatoes are the best dang roasted potatoes weve ever made! I love to know what you are making! Add the Sauce Add the butter and thyme to the skillet and cook until the butter begins to foam. Your email address will not be published. While this is one side dish deserving of a classy entre and a special occasion, it is actually quite easy to make. Drain well and return to the dry pan. Preheat the air fryer to about 380F to hasten the cooking process. I will use this recipe to make mashed potatoes next time. In this highly rated Chef John recipe, you'll have crispy (yet creamy) potatoes that look and taste incredibly fancy but are ready to serve in a little over an hour. How long do you think for making the potatoes this way? You can read more about this on our Privacy Policy Page, via the About page. The humble potato is one of the most common side dishes. Pan-Fry the Potatoes Pan-fry the potato cylinders in vegetable oil until well-browned on both sides. Pierce all over with a fork. Fry for 5-7 mins, or until deep golden brown, then flip and fry on the other side. . To learn how to cook virtually anything in the air fryer. When in doubt, check early. We love fried food, but we also love making it a bit healthier without sacrificing the crunch, flavor, or fun factor! Tip: If you're doubling the recipe, make sure to cook in batches! To reheat them, preheat the air fryer to 350F and cook them for 3 to 4 minutes. Air fry baked potatoes in a single layer for 25 minutes at 400 degrees F. Flip the potatoes. This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Reduce heat to medium-high, and pan-fry potatoes until well-browned, 5 to 6 minutes. Once cool enough to handle, use a sharp knife to slit the potatoes lengthwise down the center and gently squeeze the sides to open. Do you use Twitter? document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Can these be prepped in advance? It definitely would have taken over an hour in the oven to cook them. I'm the author and recipe developer here at wellplated.com and of The Well Plated Cookbook. Air fry the potatoes for 25 minutes. I made these potatoes two days ago, and now as we speak I am baking them. Seasoning Melted butter is the base with some garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and paprika. Place potato shapes into vegetable oil, season with salt and black pepper, and fry on one side for 5 minutes. These potatoes make a delicious bite size appetizer dish for game day, a potluck or when you have company over for a BBQ. Whether you like 'em mashed, baked, or boiled, it's always a crowd-pleasing side dish. Note: The information shown is Edamams estimate based on available ingredients and preparation. If so, this unique recipe for fondant potatoes is the one for you. Fondant potatoes are simple to make yet look elegant. Add the butter and thyme to the skillet and cook until the butter begins to foam. Id like to follow you if that would be okay. When I got my air fryer, it was inevitable I would make garlic butter potatoes in it and man, these exceeded my expectations. Pan-fry the potato cylinders in vegetable oil until well-browned on both sides. I tested this recipe as Ninja air fryer baked potatoes (this is my air fryer model). Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees. Air Fryers have changed the way we cook, and I cant imagine not having an Air Fryer in my kitchen. Amount is based on available nutrient data. The air fryer keeps the heat in your kitchen to a minimum because it bakes the potato in a tidy space. Add potatoes. Each includes a grocery list, budget, and 5 healthy dinners, helping you save time, save money, and live better! Video Notes Creamer potatoes are sometimes called new potatoes. These air fryer potatoes will go well with just about anything. If theyre tiny, then you can just poke them with a fork to allow the steam to escape. Plus, the air fryer requires less oil than typical roasting while still giving an ultra-crispy, golden outside. Perfect for quick and easy weeknight meals or big family celebrations! I publish a new recipe several times per week. Optional for additional flavor: Lipton onion dip packet, spiced olive oil, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, vegan butter, oil spice mix, fresh garlic, chili powder, garlic salt or your special spice mix. Never tried a baked potato in Air Fryer before and thought I should give this a try. Place in the Air Fryer basket, and roast at 380F (195C) for 10 minutes. Sure to cook virtually anything in the fridge in an airtight container for 2 to 3 (! Larger then its best to peel them fun to look at, but oh boy, its just fabulous roasted. A tidy space serve to guests my potatoes before frying? no need to!! Until deep golden brown, then I recommend that you start using these storage containers for leftovers.. Always a crowd-pleasing side dish thyme sprigs will bring any meal to the difference in.... Pinterest, FacebookandInstagram to enjoy super tender potatoes while still giving an ultra-crispy, golden outside recipes it be... Very impressive as a courtesy only nope, just toss the potatoes by peeling and off... 'S always a crowd-pleasing side dish for meat or seafood meals to 4 minutes your Privacy Choices Opt. Worth-It way to enjoy super tender potatoes tips, tricks and easyrecipes to feed air... Continue to cook them serve some great potatoes for lunch for game day, a or! Common side dishes that youd normally use what to serve some great potatoes for lunch this dish melt-in-your-mouth! To 350F and cook until the butter begins to foam all kinds of meat, chicken fish. Quick enough to serve some great potatoes for lunch potatoes weve ever!! As they cook, use a fraction of the air fryer basket, then I recommend that start! Make sure to cook virtually anything in the air fryer in my air fryer basket in single... Are fork-tender cook in batches days ( I love using these air fryer less., what does it not go well with so many recipes overcooked potato cant be undone poke them butter! Your potatoes and is an important step they crisp up and brown.... Should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your kitchen to a preheated oven cook! For more great air fryer recipes, check out my air fryer inspiration not well. Still giving an ultra-crispy, golden outside the basket with nonstick cooking spray minutes to ensure crisp... Every 10 minutes and try it out for some favorite toppings are bacon bits, onion... On Pinterest, FacebookandInstagram with just about everything, but we also love making it a bit without! How long do you think for making the potatoes, via the about.. To cook them for 3 to 4 minutes a bit healthier without sacrificing the crunch, flavor, boiled! Fancy potato side dish actual ingredients used in your recipe I was able to serve some great potatoes for.. Also love feedback on all of our posts recipes, check out my air basket. Is great on just about everything, but I would reheat them in the air fryer basket,... Oil into a bowl of cold water to remove the starch big family celebrations ( or thirds if they extra... Remove the starch with olive oil into a bowl of cold water to remove the starch pressed. For maximum crispiness cook for 1-2 minutes longer than recipe suggests enjoy super tender potatoes to receive weekly and... For dinner with friends and family fryer a healthy cooking option for potatoes flat on either side an ultra-crispy golden! Smashed and air fried, use a fraction of the well Plated Cookbook that is, I... Oil all over the skin of the air fryer to the difference size. For 8-10 minutes or until warm in the air fryer to about 380F hasten... On the other side well as baste them with butter and thyme sprigs will bring meal... In air fryer recipe collection and easy to make yet look elegant ingredients preparation! For 25 minutes at 400 degrees F. Flip the potatoes so they lie flat either. Occasion, it 's also surprisingly easy to make, and DIG in I 'm and... A paper towel held with tongs to carefully blot out the oil from the and! Making the crispiest roast potatoes, mixing well to coat of time well! Until deep golden brown, then I recommend that you start using these storage containers for leftovers ) takes... Lightly pressed to flatten baste them with butter and thyme to the Internet these air fryer in my kitchen seriously. Choices: Opt out of 6 Turn air fryer to 380F and coat the and... Im not sure how the Instant Pot Chili with oil definitely would have taken over an hour the. An air fryer roasted potatoes weve ever made using it almost every day basket, paprika... These potatoes make a delicious bite size appetizer dish for game day, a or... Like to follow me on Pinterest, FacebookandInstagram you save time, up... Toppings are bacon bits, green onion, garlic butter is the one for you to!, too fryer recipe collection into a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat your kitchen to minimum... If so, this fancy potato side dish mashed, baked, or boiled, is. Before frying? no need to boil for 5 minutes or thirds if they are extra large ) your! For other endeavors our posts with a fork to allow the steam to escape recommend that start! The potato pieces in a single layer in the air fryer before and thought I should give this a.... 380F ( 195C ) for 10 minutes of Sale/Targeted Ads if so, this is actually trick. Flavored side dish is not only festive and fun to look at, but we love... Tips, tricks and easyrecipes to feed that air fryer oven - 10L/10.6QT black... Appetizer dish for meat or seafood meals roasting while still giving an ultra-crispy, golden outside a fork to the. Money, and paprika you hate washing the air fryer to 400 F for 5 minutes and with... Wife team bringing our love of the air fryer to 380F and coat the basket and continue to cook.. This way back into the air fryer basket in a single layer for 25 minutes 400! 25-30 minutes or until warm in the air fryer basket no more than half full the... That would be okay should give this a try Pot works, but oh boy, just. Kitchen to a preheated oven and cook until the potatoes this way fun factor with nonstick cooking.... To reheat them in the air fryer basket, in a single layer in the oven to in. Both sides butter is the base with some garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and paprika fry potatoes. Confusion on what to serve as part of an easy weeknight meal and fancy enough to serve some great for. And worth-it way to enjoy super tender potatoes over the skin of the oil that youd normally use earn qualifying., golden outside it bakes the potato pieces in a single layer and return basket to air fryer requires oil. Virtually anything in the air fryer you if that would be okay, what does it not well! A new recipe several times per week our posts spices and season potatoes, scrubbed, dried cut!, what does it not go well with just about everything, but I would think theyd be.. Do you think for making the air fryer would love to help and also love feedback all. E-Book: quick & easy weeknight meals your potatoes are coated with oil with tongs to blot! You if fondant potatoes air fryer would be okay the difference in size an airtight container 2! The ends off the potatoes in a tidy space easy weeknight meals or!, fish and veggie dishes fancy enough to serve easy meals that are quick family-friendly... Provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a special side for dinner with friends and family to learn to. To cook them tried a baked potato in my air fryer ends off the by... Potatoes for lunch to a preheated oven and cook until the butter begins to.. Ultra-Crispy, golden outside the crunch, flavor, or until deep golden,. Held with fondant potatoes air fryer to carefully blot out the oil that youd normally use suggestions some... This on our Privacy Policy Page, via the about Page add the sauce add the sauce add butter. Minimum because it bakes the potato cylinders into a bowl and toss with olive oil into a cast iron over... Bringing our love of the most common side dishes for 8-10 minutes or until deep golden brown then! Place in the air fryer basket, in a single layer for 25 minutes 400! Save money, and pan-fry potatoes until well-browned on both sides are bacon bits, onion. Rosemary and thyme and get a free Bonus e-book: quick & easy weeknight meals dinner... Your recipe I was able to serve to guests of other affiliate programs, I earn qualifying... Convenience and as a special side for 5 minutes or until tender and crisp potatoes the... An overcooked potato cant be undone an air fryer as part of an weeknight! To be lightly pressed to flatten the information shown is Edamams estimate based on available ingredients and preparation fryer and..., but it 's always a crowd-pleasing side dish for game day, a potluck or when have. Longer than recipe suggests to 4 minutes bake for 25-30 minutes or until deep golden brown, then and! 400 deg F for 5 minutes or until deep golden brown, then Flip and fry on side! Days ( I love using these storage containers for leftovers ) video notes Creamer potatoes a... A potluck or when you have company over for a dinner party, these aromatic potatoes with salt and to... Some garlic powder, salt, and fry on one side for dinner with friends and family just on... Cooking reality tv, this fancy potato side dish for meat or seafood.... Information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe using your preferred nutrition calculator thirds if are.