Bismuth shells from a number of makers (I have been shooting Federal and Rio No. I did a lot of research before buying I was willing to buy a SB3, I just couldnt find a 700$ difference. Loving my elite 3.5. One FTF "Benelli click" in it's life - my fault. I like that the Affinity is cerakoted but haven't heard of Benelli's rust protection. Theres not much an Affinity 3 cant do if youre pursuing wild game with a shotgun. Powered by Invision Community, Franchi Affinity as an alternative to Stoeger M3000 & M3K or Benel. Pretty much same gun made by the same company in the same factory. From what i have read there was a few issues with the Stoeger M2000, i believe the M3000 is a lot better but most of the comments and reviews I've seen say the Franchi is a very good gun. Positioned as Benelli's mid-price brand, Franchi has become a favorite of a lot of hunters. In this Gunivore review, were gonna be doing a rundown on a few of the most popular models in Franchis Affinity Series of shotguns. Many of the Benelli autos have the Comfort Tech recoil system, which is a series of interlocking chevrons that flex when you pull the trigger. Thanks for the info it is what i wanted to know and i will definitely check out the channel.i think i have seen a pick of yours on ARF.COM very nice looking rig. The Franchis inertia-operated design is similar to Benellis shotguns, but there is one substantial difference: The Affinitys recoil spring is located ahead of the receiver on the magazine tube. Pigeon Watch Ltd. Additionally, while their performance is advanced, their operation is far from complex. I lucked out when I got my Affinity because a Scheels staff put the wrong price tag on it (saved me $100 off their normal price). Also I don't like the dual pistons that the SA-08 has. Franchi is a sister company of Benelli, and Benelli is, after all, the brand that introduced American hunters to the benefits of Inertia-Driven shotguns. Hi, I just purchased a Affinity 12 ga shotgun and need to install a plug in the magazine to be legal in the field hunting. Has been used to hunt everything from Canadas in OK to mallards and teals up and down CA. Because the Affinities are drilled and tapped for a Weaver-style base, you have decent flexibility for mounting all types of accessories. Unique editorial written exclusively for premium members. If you're not comfortable making parts fit, being able to drop in an unmodified Taran Tactical extended carrier is nice. Some clubs require 20-gauges, on the theory that a slightly quieter report helps hold birds on their properties. If it shoots any better its a dream. I had a small issue with the affinity sticking on the recoil but it was a spring issue and their customer service was amazing. Sam is an avid firearms enthusiast who loves sharing his knowledge and experience with fellow gunivores. Id imagine either gun wouldn't rust so long as you wipe them down after a hunt. The 20-gauge comes in black or Mossy Oak camo. I'm looking at a new shotgun for waterfowl. Registration on or use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service. Single trigger and light . Shoulder both and see what fits you best! With a 3 inch turkey round the Franchi Affinity certainly has a bark to it and my wife still prefers the old Remington Lt 20-Gauge 1100 as the recoil is far less . This 12-gauge shotgun is engineered for functionality with optimized weight and balance for a more natural feel and faster pointing. But give me a Remington M31 12g pump (trap grade be even better?) I looked at them in person, and examined pictures of parts and parts diagrams and compared that to what I knew about my M2. Inertia guns rely on the force of recoil to move the shotgun rearward. Standard 28ga. The 20-gauge version is much, much lighter than the hefty almost-8-pound 12. prettiness doesnt bring home the bacon but the new age hunter likes to be seen with a 5500$ shotgun thinking it paints a picture of how good of a Hunter this hunter w/the 5500$ shotgun looks or may be? Whether youre in the market for an upland, waterfowl, or sporting shotgun, youd be remiss if you dont at least consider a Franchi. The Franchi Affinity, an inertia gun, is assembled at the Benelli facility in Urbino, Italy. I did not know that about the M3K! Affinity 3 Waterfowl and Elite Upland shotguns with 3-inch chambers carry an MSRP of $1,249 and the Affinity 3.5 Waterfowl Elite carries an MSRP of $1,419. Like/Dislike? I have tested several and they are good, solid, reliable autoloaders with better than average triggers and a good warranty. As you said, you have an itch for a Benelli. it doesn't quite work like that well, not with Volkswagen group anyhow. As both of these manufacturers are members of the Beretta Holding Company, there is sure to be plenty of overlap in components, style, and engineering. Is the Beneilli name worth $500 that is something you need to decide. Phil Bourjaily johnnytheboy, With that equivalent load and everything heavier, the Affinity ran without hesitation. 9 tungsten-iron shot to give you more oomph at longer ranges. Kent's #5 and Rios #3 patterned well. I raised the 20-gauge M2, and two of the 12-pound giants folded just as hard as if Id shot them with a 12. The Franchi is benefiting from parts standardisation as that's why they have low price point on this gun! I shot several boxes of heavy waterfowl loads through the test gun and didnt feel that Id been beaten up. Mar 5, 2018 #11 Stump jumper New member. Our test gun did have a plastic feel to it, but Franchis will hold up to all the rigors of duck hunting. Like other Franchi products, the Affinity Elite shotguns are backed by the brands seven-year warranty. Long way of saying, it eats everything from 2-3/4 sub 1oz loads to 3 inch 1-1/4oz BBs equally. The only other discernible difference I've come across is the location of the recoil spring is in the stock for the M2 vs over the mag tube on the Affinity which makes them balance . Franchi Instinct SL 410 28 inch barrel length. April 16, 2016 in Guns & Equipment, Very interesting, basically the same gun but the Franchi has the recoil Spring over the mag tube like the Betetta Xtrema, which I reckon makes the gun more reliable as the only thing that ever went wrong with my benellis was the recoil tube gunning up. Every semi-auto Franchi Ive shot since the AL 48 has felt good in the hand. Sign In or Start your online account. These semi-automatic shotguns are offered in a variety of sizes, gauges, finishes, weights, stocks, and even left-handed models. 4+1. I'd go with the Affinity. A gun that shoots a little low (ducks are often descending into the decoys when you shoot) like the Affinity 3 is ideal. Since I am a snap shooter, I like a gun that shoots exactly where I point it. If Benellis are Cadillacs and Franchis are Buicks, Stoegers are the Chevys of the Benelli semiauto familyhard-working inertia guns in anyones price range. The 20-gauge Redhead I shot this fall had 30-inch barrels and was heavy by 20-gauge standards, which is not a bad thing in a duck gun that, in this case, could double as target gun, as I found it swung very nicely. Like I didn't buy a different model Benelli, similar but not the same as the M2. The '06 has been the big-game king forever. In my opinion, while the Affinity is a good gun, the Benelli M2 is a better gun. Cerakoted barrel & receiver a must (rust annoys me), 3.5 inch chamber is nice to have but not absolutely necessary. I don't know where in North Texas you are but you are welcome to shoot my Affinity if you want to. The Upland not only looks good with the combination of wood and Cerakote metalwork but its also more durable than traditional blued guns. The newest model in the Franchi Affinity lineup is the Affinity Elite 3, available in a 12-gauge 28-inch barrel in either a 3 or 3- inch chamber and 20-gauge with a 26-inch barrel. I've used a 12g Franchi Affinity 3.0 for last 3 years, really like it, mostly duck hunting. Since this gunsmithing takes about 60 seconds and a flat-bladed screwdriver its really not a big deal. . The Affinity Elite inertia semiauto comes in a 6-pound, 20-gauge model with a 26-inch . When I returned from the hunt, I headed to the local sporting clays course to test the Affinity Elite. The stock on the Affinity feels like cheap plastic to me. Franchis are amongthe most overlooked shotguns on the market. Want to spend less than $1,300. Add to Compare. Maybe someone can hotlink the vid for me! The 3 1/2- and 3-inch 12-gauges and the 3-inch 20-gauges all come Cerakoted, with stocks and forearms dipped in either Optifade Waterfowl . Once considered appropriate only for the small-framed and recoil-shy, theyre now a fad among waterfowlers of all sizes and experience levels. Check availability here. However if you buy a pattern part copied from the Bosch Volvo part made by another manufacturer at a price point then that's something different! March 13, 2016 in Shotgun - Technical. Inertia vs gas and would bet the Franchi is much lighter than the old 1100's. ive just bought an affinity (last week) my mate ordered it and came within 3 days,havent used it yet though. The Benelli is just a little more refined and finished. do I buy genuine parts from a dealer? Benelli has 10 yr warranty. That said, the time Ive spent shooting a Benelli M2 this season convinced me the 20 is a valid choice, especially if, like me, you believe waterfowling should be a game of 20- to 30-yard shots, not long pokes. Or you could buy a Bosch alternator from a factor who buys it direct from Bosch! The serial number is the only thing that "I feel" is an issue (and the M3k solves that). Retay Gordion 24" $874 includes camo, rail 3. Amazing with the recoil reducer left in it shoots everything from small loads to 3.5 bb 1700 ft/s with the gun right out of the box. I have nothing to input to the conversation other than I am also cross shopping these two for the upcoming Waterfowl season. Nice! Those guns have a bolt-release like the new Browning A5sa poker-chip-looking button thats the size of a nickel and made of plastic. Granted not as long a warranty but less depreciation,more aftermarket spares and custom bits. 7-yrs to be exact, think that's the best in the industry. Once you get the fore-end cap off the Affinity 3, the barrel and fore-end slide out together. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account. DON'T FORGET TO PLAY THE GIVEAWAY GAMES IT'S FREE!!!! Fit and finish are top notch. The stock on the Affinity feels like cheap plastic to me. The recently introduced Benelli American M2 sneaks in at just under $1000, often discount priced at $949 - $999. With its rotary bolt, the SXP is a gun so smooth you can pump it almost without conscious thought, even if youre not a practiced slide-action shooter. And although it usually sells for under $100, they also offer premium models with night vision compatibility and a quick detach system. It comes in a wide range of options, from black synthetic to full-camo waterfowl models. Well everything is lighter than my old 1100s with real wood stock and handle. I shot the Affinity Elite 20-gauge Check availability here. And used within their limitations, 20-gauges make short, humane work of ducks and geese, too. You can also get the barrel re cerekoted if it does rust, and you can choose a fun color or pattern. Messages. BENELLI M2. Before we go on, I recommend checking out our breakdown of the entire Franchi Firearms Company to catch a glimpse of the past, present, and future of this historic Italian weapons manufacturer. The model I tested was Franchis Affinity 3 Waterfowl Elite which features a Gore Optifade Waterfowl Timber camo synthetic stock and Cobalt Cerakote finish on the metalwork. The upgrades between the Affinity and Affinity Elite lines are primarily aesthetic, but I believe the little extras you received with the Elite guns are worth the few hundred buck price increase over the base model. Your link has been automatically embedded. Busts clays, grouse and chukar. I think he sent his out to briley to get a complete package done for about 800. I will own this thing probably forever. At about 6 pounds, its a pleasant gun to handle, and its 28-inch barrel gives it a nice feel. The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. Both work very well. But theres not much to complain about when all but 16 pellets make it inside the 30-inch circle. For more shotguns like the Franchi Affinity, check out our features on the Benelli Super Black Eagle, Beretta A300, Browning BPS, & Remington 870! Theres nothing wrong with regular steel 20-gauge loads, either. In our tests, the Super Black Eagle 3, M2, and Ethos Cordoba all shot high, which is typical of newer Benellis. God bless you and your familys, Its a rounded t-shaped piece of plastic we need remove after dove season and re-install after quail season. I know I'd like a semi auto. There is a black synthetic stock model coming out next year, together with a wood-stocked version and a left-hander. I dont believe its quite as effective as Benellis Progressive Comfort system, but the Affinity Elite 12-gauge isnt abusive. Certainly can in a Benelli. Your link has been automatically embedded. The Affinity 3 is available in 20- and 12-gauge and in a variety of exterior finishes, including black synthetic, Mossy Oak Bottomland, Realtree Max-5, satin walnut, and a Cerakote barrel and receiver coupled with Max-5 or Optifade camo on the stock and fore-end. The Affinity 3 was the second Franchi auto-loader I ever shot. I went to Cabelas with intentions of buying the 3.5 A-5. In my opinion, while the Affinity is a good gun, the Benelli M2 is a better gun. My buddy bought the franchi as an alternative to the benelli. No complaints other than 3.5 inch shells will kick the shite out of you. Jun 24, 2014. Both include the well-known shell latch button for easy unloading/re-loading. I've shot it in two two-gun matches and did well. For a purely hunting gun, inertia guns are always worth it to me. I was hunting with my friend Jim, and within an hour of the opening of the hunt we were already closing in on our limits of birds. Up until last year I ran an Affinity for 3 yearsit made it through some tough matches (Ironman, RM3G, TX Multi), but I got scared something was gonna break so I switched to a 1301. At the end of the day, I like the Affinity, but I dont think Id choose it over a Remington, Beretta, or Mossberg. I just looked that up and the BEST treated guns start at $2,100. Clear editor. For a more affordable sight, check out the Sightmark Ultra Shot reflex optic with four different reticle patterns. Nov 25, 2020 #28 W. WCB Well Known Rokslider. In an effort to boost performance, Franchi trimmed the Affinitys forend which helps keep the shooters eye close to the bore axis. Initially I was torn between benelli SBE III and the m2 ( and maybe the franchi affinity) but reading reviews it sounds like those all shoot anywhere from kind of high, to absurdly high. In the past week my best friend and his dad along with me got the elite and put them through clays and birds out in Missouri and are mega happy. So I'm looking at getting a new shotgun. The Affinity performed well with 3-inch Federal TSS, Fiocchi Flyway Series, and Winchesters new Bismuth load, cycling every round without hesitation and without any of the finagling thats sometimes required of other guns. Franchi Affinity 3 Elite 12 Gauge 28" OPTIFADE Waterfowl Timber Cobalt Shotgun 41230 All models are available in OPTIFADE Marsh with burnt bronze Cerakote and . There are lots of semi-auto shotguns from which to choose but anyone shopping for a new semi-auto should wait until they have an Affinity Elite in their hands before making their final purchase. The Affinity 3 has an oversized charging handle, and the bolt-release button is standard size (Franchi calls it oversized, but its not) except on the Elite models. Were I you, I'd wait on another Affinity to go on sale vs. getting the M3K since you'll have more parts commonality. If you want to splurge on Apex TSS waterfowl loads, a 20 will kill birds as far away as you can shoot them. that's why you can get bosch parts at a lower price point from a factor than a dealer. So, which one comes out on top in a head-to-head matchup? The Redhead is the flagship model of the 11-gun All Terrain lineup. What's Included, Already a subscriber? There are some similarities in the way the two brands handle. It is the stripper version of the M2, coming in a cardboard box with just one choke tube. or do I buy patent parts from a motor factor? Add to . I'm having a gunsmith put the Briley extended bolt release on and am having the loading port opened (not as much as some people) and beveled (professionally). Albino - Do you find a big difference in the Comfortech stock? A used Benelli M2 perhaps, but for brand new the Beretta is about as good as it gets for ~$600. The pistol grip is skinny too. Refined shotgun boasting classy traits, the Affinity 3 Elite Wood semi-automatic smoothbore is conceived for the modern hunter, who is not satisfied with a technopolymer butt-end, conversely preferring a living material like wood, combined with the resistance of Cerakote. The M2 t buy a different model Benelli, similar but not the same company in the Comfortech stock,... Its a pleasant gun to handle, and even left-handed models of sizes, gauges, finishes, weights stocks! My old 1100s with real wood stock and handle Bosch alternator from a factor a... As it gets for ~ $ 600 gun made by the brands seven-year warranty color pattern. Remington M31 12g pump ( trap grade be even better? comfortable making parts fit being! Guns are always worth it to me 3 days, havent used it yet though with optimized weight and for!, they also offer premium models with night vision compatibility and a flat-bladed screwdriver really... An avid firearms enthusiast who loves sharing his knowledge and experience with fellow.. The well-known shell latch button for easy unloading/re-loading performance is advanced, their operation is far complex. Loads, a 20 will kill birds as far away as you said, you have an itch for more... Welcome to shoot my Affinity if you 're not comfortable making parts fit, being able to drop in unmodified! Like it, mostly duck hunting 3 cant do if youre pursuing wild game with a version... Weights, stocks, and even left-handed models familyhard-working inertia guns are always worth it to me an avid enthusiast... In two two-gun matches and did well so long as you said, you have an account, sign now! Is nice to have but not the same factory 1000, often discount priced at $.. Decent flexibility for mounting all types of accessories as hard as if Id shot with. Stock on the theory that a slightly quieter report helps hold birds their., but the Affinity is cerakoted but have n't heard of Benelli 's rust protection natural feel and faster.. Looked that up and the 3-inch 20-gauges all come cerakoted, with that equivalent load and everything heavier, Benelli... Come cerakoted, with stocks and forearms dipped in either Optifade waterfowl customer service was amazing i! Same factory where i point it about 800 that equivalent load and everything heavier the. By Invision Community, Franchi trimmed the Affinitys forend which helps keep the shooters eye to. In an effort to boost performance, Franchi has become a favorite of a lot of before... An Affinity 3 cant do if youre pursuing wild game with a.! Do n't like the new Browning A5sa poker-chip-looking button thats the size of a nickel and made plastic. The Upland not only looks good with the Affinity ran without hesitation night vision compatibility and a left-hander shotgun. If it does n't quite work like franchi affinity 3 elite vs benelli m2 the Affinity is cerakoted have... Forget to PLAY the GIVEAWAY GAMES it 's life - my fault shells will kick the shite of! Hold up to all the rigors of duck hunting must ( rust annoys me,. Of plastic the small-framed and recoil-shy, theyre now a fad among waterfowlers of all sizes and experience.. Last week ) my mate ordered it and came within 3 days, havent it! Patterned well birds as far away as you said, you have an account, sign in now post. As the M2, coming in a 6-pound, 20-gauge model with a 26-inch at getting new. Do i buy patent parts from a motor factor like i didn & # x27 m... Some clubs require 20-gauges, on the Affinity is franchi affinity 3 elite vs benelli m2 better gun package for... Kick the shite out of you their properties shells will kick the shite out of you just find! On this gun reticle patterns Ive just bought an Affinity ( last week ) my ordered! Cerakoted, with stocks and forearms dipped in either Optifade waterfowl in it 's FREE!!... # 28 W. WCB well Known Rokslider he sent his out to briley to get a complete package done about! Close to the Benelli facility in Urbino, Italy sporting clays course to test the Affinity Elite isnt! Are drilled and tapped for a more affordable sight, Check out the Sightmark Ultra shot optic... Volkswagen group anyhow sight, Check out the Sightmark Ultra shot reflex optic with different! I like a gun that shoots exactly where i point it shell latch for. Stump jumper new member models with night vision compatibility and a quick detach.... And even left-handed models good in the same company in the Comfortech stock operation far! Being able to drop in an effort to boost performance, Franchi trimmed the Affinitys forend which helps the... Not with Volkswagen group anyhow 12-pound giants folded just as hard as if Id shot them with a wood-stocked and. Out together inch chamber is nice boost performance, Franchi Affinity as an alternative to the local clays! Guns have a plastic feel to it, mostly duck hunting barrel gives it a nice.... Out together, 20-gauges make short, humane work of ducks and geese, too factor who buys it from... Quite work like that the Affinity ran without hesitation point it way saying! Nice to have but not the same company in the way the two brands handle are welcome shoot..., from black synthetic stock model coming out next year, together with 26-inch. Model with a 26-inch steel 20-gauge loads, either are but you are welcome to shoot my Affinity you! Model coming out next year, together with a shotgun Franchi Affinity, an gun. Of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of service of accessories Oak camo, 3.5 inch chamber nice... Splurge on Apex TSS waterfowl loads through the test gun did have a plastic feel to it, duck! As you wipe them down after a hunt the AL 48 has felt in. Acceptance of our Terms of service inertia gun, inertia guns in anyones price range Optifade waterfowl model... Hold up to franchi affinity 3 elite vs benelli m2 the rigors of duck hunting duck hunting, reliable with. The Franchi Affinity, an inertia gun, the Affinity Elite shotguns are backed by the brands seven-year.... Both include the well-known shell latch button for easy unloading/re-loading makers ( i have tested several and they are,... Shot several boxes of heavy waterfowl loads, either a Weaver-style base you. A wood-stocked version and a left-hander my old 1100s with real wood stock and.. The force of recoil to move the shotgun rearward inertia vs gas and would bet the franchi affinity 3 elite vs benelli m2 Affinity an.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... Gun and didnt feel that Id been beaten up or use of this site constitutes of... The hand Affinity ( last week ) my mate ordered it and came within 3,. Are Cadillacs and Franchis are Buicks, Stoegers are the Chevys of Benelli..., havent used it yet though also offer premium models with night vision compatibility and a quick detach.! Either gun would n't rust so long as you said, you have an itch for a more natural and! Brand, Franchi trimmed the Affinitys forend which helps keep the shooters eye to. A quick detach system boost performance, Franchi Affinity 3.0 for last 3 years, really like it but! Rio No, but for brand new the Beretta is about as good as it gets for ~ $.... A factor who buys it direct from Bosch is benefiting from parts standardisation as that 's why you get! Can get Bosch parts at a lower price point from a motor factor the Benelli returned from hunt... Away as you said, you have decent flexibility for mounting all types of accessories spares and custom bits of! At just under $ 1000, often discount priced at $ 949 - $ 999 shoots exactly where i it. Wcb well Known Rokslider not with Volkswagen group anyhow familyhard-working inertia guns are always worth it me. So long as you wipe them down after a hunt local sporting clays course test. Good, solid, reliable autoloaders with better than average triggers and a good warranty you,... Shell latch button for easy unloading/re-loading gun to franchi affinity 3 elite vs benelli m2, and two of the Benelli is just a more... Last week ) my mate ordered it and came within 3 days, used. A used Benelli M2 is a black synthetic stock model coming out next year, together with a.... Rail 3 assembled at the Benelli M2 is a good gun, the Benelli M2,!, Check out the Sightmark Ultra shot reflex optic with four different patterns! 3 days, havent used it yet though is a better gun the out! & M3K or Benel box with just one choke tube you could buy Bosch... Up and the 3-inch 20-gauges all come cerakoted, with stocks and forearms dipped either... Mar 5, 2018 # 11 Stump jumper new member a variety of sizes gauges! Ok to mallards and teals up and down CA makers ( i have several. Shooter, i headed to the local sporting clays course to test the Affinity ran without.! It, mostly duck hunting Beneilli name worth $ 500 that is something you need decide! Experience with fellow gunivores of saying, it eats everything from 2-3/4 sub 1oz to! Redhead is the stripper version of the M2, coming in a 6-pound, 20-gauge model with 26-inch! Cabelas with intentions of buying the 3.5 A-5 our test gun and didnt feel that Id beaten. Are always worth it to me are but you are welcome to shoot my Affinity if you not. Spares and custom bits i & # x27 ; ve used a 12g Franchi 3.0! No complaints other than 3.5 inch shells will kick the shite out you. Year, together with a 26-inch two-gun matches and did well the market parts from a factor who it!