I was on one of the rare flights where the flight attendant showed how to locate the lever and recline the seat in stretch seating. Time to camel up and hold on until Ok Ben, come on. Frontier Airlines has some restrictions on the types of food items passengers are allowed to bring onboard the aircraft. But if you take a short trip and travel light you can't beat the cost. Frontier used to be decent, I used to fly with frontier from California Out of Santa Maria and or Santa Barbara nonstop to Denver Or to Las Vegas and it was always MD80 series jets and the planes were comfortable those planes did have entertainment systems and they did have charging ports and etc. Especially those who were flying SNA-LAS. Just make sure your car seat is FAA-approved if you plan to use it during the flight. Dont blame a company or judge a company by a few obnoxious customers. Never again. I agree that it was chaotic when plane loading came , everyone seemed impatient and extra pushy to get on , and getting off the plane was even worse , there are always those people who stand up and walk to the front but it was down right a joke trying to get off . And yes, we sympathize with the collection of obnoxious and curious behaviors you witnessed on this hopefully unusual flight. It was a nonstop on Wednesday (two days out) that I booked nearly two hours ago. Standard pitch (or legroom) is only 28-29 inches on these aircraft, and while it's tight it doesn't feel oppressive since the seats themselves are so thin. Ever!!!!!!!!! Practice co-chair Zo Ashcroft is reputed for her international expertise . Flying time from DEN to MBJ is about five hours, and roundtrip airfares start around $300 (not including luggage). In an effort to curb unfilled seats on flights year-round, Frontier will begin to offer the "GoWild" unlimited flight pass. One of those isms is that this smacks of I'm better than the frontier customer just because you fly first class someplace and stay in a fancy hotel doesn't make you better than somebody else you are no better or no worse than the person next to you the same as everyone else just because you have money doesn't mean you are a better person, What I get from you is that you're very spoiled and that you are a princess. Just got off a Frontier flight from Philadelphia to Phoenix tonight and was so annoyed by experience I had to see if others had similar situations. In fact, the DOT is considering adding a new rule that would require airlines to give refunds for more cases of flight cancelations and delays.This rule would require airlines to refund customers if flights are delayed by at least 3 hours for domestic flights or at least 6 hours for . Frontier Airlines typically flies into 'smaller' airports than other larger, more expensive airlines. Had the flight not been delayed (another issue) I would have missed my flight. Did you just get unlucky? Flew in with Saudia, Hello from Manila Airport! 45 min. We check our bags and bring no carry ons except a personal item, like medium sized backpacks. The bad: Bags were denied if they are not 18x14x8 period. The experience didn't improve at all on the other side of the security checkpoint, though this isn't the fault of the airline, but rather a reflection on the particular concourse G in this case at Miami International Airport (MIA). Went to the PHL airport this morning at six to get on my Frontier flight to Florida. I was pleased to have an actual seatback pocket and I was comfortable enough for the two-and-a-half hour journey, but I could see myself needing frequent stretch breaks if the flight had been much longer. Ben, there are plenty of patriotic people who fly AA/UA/DL, too. I was coming inbound on AA from PHL. 1.Know what food items are allowed: Frontier Airlines does not allow liquids or gels in carry-on items and suggests being aware of local food restrictions before bringing perishable items on board. Their training is Frontier airline is completely outsourced to 3rd party handlers. Garbage article. Found out that last night, Frontier changed my flight. Frontier is certainly no frills. 3. SkyScanner helps you find the cheapest flights available so that you wouldn't have to pay more for flight tickets and save that money for more things to do or food to eat! Each seat is about 17 and three-quarters inches wide, which is standard for this aircraft type. Frontier Airlines has a few different policies depending on what type of ticket you've booked and the size of your luggage. I have found their staff very friendly and professional. Bags were BEWARE! The carry-on bag must not exceed 24" tall, 10" wide, and 16" long., And if you want to check a bag, that'll be $60. I have flown Frontier twice in the past 12 months. I have been on a United airlines flight international flight where the bathroom was a total disaster I've been to fine hotels in Las Vegas New York City San Francisco etc etc and use their bathrooms and they were disasters you cannot base your review of a company or your thoughts of a company on their bathroom. Its almost 2023. The prison bus mentality The plane has no TVs, so it can get kind of boring, especially if you have nothing on your phone." Another reviewer, Patrick R ., echoed the . Something went wrong while submitting the form. While AA, DL, and UA will have the occasional person who lacks common decency, that person is the outlier on the bell curve. Additionally, sports equipment such as hockey sticks and golf clubs are only allowed on certain routes with prior approval from the airline. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. It is now 3:39. I agree that QuikTrip is the best convenience store in the world - and also that their bathrooms (at least here in Wisconsin) are consistently clean. LOL, you are right about the complex organism part, connies are about as simple as you can get. Totally agree. Now there are plenty of respectable, well-behaved Floridians and visitors, but in my experience (even when flying UA F), there's just a general edginess and bad behavior on flights to FL. Advertiser Disclosure: Some links to credit cards and other products on this website will earn an affiliate commission. The plane is here but there is no crew. Theore website sucks, so I went to You got unlucky. Are snacks and drinks available for purchase on board? Im not talking just a quiet chuckle, but rather more of a screaming laugh. Im a list guy so I keep track of all my airline adventures. She revels in writing hotel reviews, food and wine topics, cultural events, travel guides, unusual sights, and exciting adventures from around the world. The gentleman handled the situation perfectly! My grandpa flew business class on a united 757 to Houston and had the entirety of business to himself and got meals and wine and the works from the flight attendants and said it was the best service he has had from an airline in about 50 years of flying. Went to the PHL airport this morning at six to get on my Frontier flight to Florida. The annual airline fee statement credit can be complicated to take advantage of compared to the broader travel credits offered by competing premium cards. Where do we even begin? So I took my wife for her $280 ticket and the kids for free. Never again! I flew Frontier from PHX to LAS a few weeks ago. When did airplane lavatories become bathrooms? When we got on the plane, my husband sat down in a seat which had been reclined by the previous passenger. Yes, my first time e was my last time on this airlines. I fly DL prem y just because, well life's to short. A variety of wine and beer are available for purchase by any passenger over 21 years old with a valid form of identification. BUT YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR, (NOTHING FROM NOTHING, LEAVES. Our trip was for a niece's wedding, family reunion and gender reveal. After focusing its 2020 airlines report on Covid-19 safety protocols and keeping fliers safe in the sky, The Points Guy has taken a more traditional methodology this year, ranking the overall . The boarding staff on the return trip were amazingly rude and completely detached and forcing all zone 3 customers to place their hand bags in their sizing basket which is inches smaller than any other carrier.. many customers were forced to pay 100$ per hand bag for a strap not fitting in etc Frontier Airlines is an American airline based in Denver, Colorado, owned by Indigo Partners, a private equity firm. About 20 minutes later, I made it to the front of the line and was able to check my bag to Newark, and the brief interaction I had with the agent was pleasant. I used to work at Corporate at Frontier and they did not care about their customers at all. I felt like being cheap, so we didn't pay for any extras. I found it odd that most we African Americans that this lady was flagging. Third, Frontier messaging consistently speaks to fuel efficiency by offering "basic" accommodationif you want old school ideas pushing the luxurious flying experience then book with a majorplease keep your entitled arrogant self of off Frontier. Any food items need to be pre-packaged and alcoholic beverages cannot exceed 3.4 ounces (approximately 100 milliliters). How would we leave the airport without a car seat for our 2 year old granddaughter? Regarding your fellow passengers, dude, you were flying to Florida. While the flight time was only 2hr40min, it felt like an eternity. To make a long story short We drove back to our house (three hours away) and did not receive our luggage until 8 days later. The funny thing was, when I told them that you can't be saying these type of things to your customers, I got laughed at. We're coming back from a wedding in Napa later this month and instead of our original United that keeps getting pushed back, I rebooked us on Frontier direct SFO-LAS. Please view our advertising policy page for additional details about our partners. Before only 3 months ago I flew from Phoenix to Baltimore through Denver, the flight was $70 plus $54 for perks bundle. Learn more. One bag drop person behaved like she was doing me a favor. The company went through bankruptcy in 2008 and began offering scheduled flights in 2009 under the name Frontier Airlines. FYI, Stretch seats DO recline and quite generously. Just got off my Frontier flight from Portland, Maine. Ive flown Frontier 128 times and believe you were pretty unluckily on this one. I will pay more to not experience this. Since you'll be flying on standby, everything must be correct to avoid any delays or problems at the airport. When I fly Spirit (or take greyhound), I consider it a success if I get to my destination safely and close to the expected time. So I had purchased their insurance and it wasn't valid. |, Is it better to take Metamucil in the morning or at night? However, we have now resumed the publication of new, previously unpublished flight, hotel and lounge reviews, from trips taken before the lockdown. Also the staff wore No uniforms and they sat behind the counter watching tik tok. Every single time Ive flown somebody in my row asks how the hell did you just recline? It isnt obvious to a first timer who is used to pressing a button on the armrest. Intended for deletion but was hidden. And also, you were flying to Florida. They refuse to refund the money. While I had an overall positive ground experience with Spirit at LGA airport in New York, unfortunately the same can't be said of my Frontier experience in Miami. Frontier Airlines also offers a handful of international routes, including services to Mexico, Costa Rica, and Jamaica. Over and over and over and over. Have I witness some stuff on Frontier flights? I start to squirm around, move my little pillow around, etc, and nothing seems to help all that much. This is a 4 hour flight unfortunately and I am anticipating the misery. Its not just a matter of paying for your bag in advance to make it more convenient for others they charge you $99 for a carry on if you pay at airport. Seldom travelers may not get enough value to warrant the cost. Until recently, you're able to call or reach Frontier's customer support online if you have an issue with your flight. Your feedback is important in helping us keep our community safe. Because they're stupid and generally lack higher reasoning skills usually expected in complex organisms. Great service, menu with local food emphasis. I found their seats more comfortable than flight on United. It was my worst experience ever flying. We were told we would not be boarding because we were late. 2. Frontier assumes their passengers have no class and behave like drunken frat boys so they treat them accordingly. Flying with Frontier Airlines can be enjoyable for all passengers, including those with special dietary needs. It's never fancy and it is bare bones, but overall it works, and I know what I'm getting and not getting. The reason they do it is because there are a lot of gullible people who think we have the ability to change the climate and environment. Trip Verified | We flew to Orlando to pick up our new motor coach. The DOT has been admonishing airlines recently for the uptick in cancelations, delays, and consumer complaints. (master thread) - Introduction Welcome to the 2022 version of the combined AA meals thread, focusing on international. They even have a light switch that can be flipped on to alert the store employees that the bathroom needs attention. Beautiful! I've fortunately not ever experienced a rowdy passenger, and everyone kept to themselves. I am so happy that after reading this review that I did not pay the $49 processing fee from their promotion to get Elite 100K. The one-way ticket from Miami to Newark cost $259, and then I paid $32 for my seat selection and $40 for my checked bag, which was less than the cost of a carry-on. Most of the experience was what I was expecting, but what I couldnt fully anticipate was the lack of basic decorum from the crowd onboard. We plan to fly Frontier again in a couple weeks. Travellers on the airline may order special meals to accommodate various dietary needs. At the time they had a promo going, where kids fly free. Tamps sucks. I Flew Frontier Airlines, And It Was Kind Of Awful, I flew Frontier Airlines for the first time, What I didnt mind about Frontier Airlines, The Frontier experience is patronizing & unprofessional, recently being lowered from 50 pounds to 40 pounds, Save Money Buying Frontier Tickets At The Airport, Black Frontier Passenger Accused Of Trafficking Her White Sister, Awful: Mother Assaults Frontier Airlines Staff In Front Of Kids, Please view our advertising policy page for additional details about our partners, Even though the flight was in the evening, it operated on-time, and checked bags arrived less than 20 minutes after landing, which was impressive, The legroom in the Stretch section of the cabin is phenomenal, better than Main Cabin Extra on American Airlines; the legroom in the other seats, however, The crew was generally well intentioned and tried to be professional, Frontier has no power ports, no entertainment of any sort, no Wi-Fi, etc. Published Apr 8, 2021. Imagine that? Too small and people treat it like a port a potty There is always something wrong with boarding,size check your carrying on in Orlando and "I am not sure to tell as to why you paid for a ticket and get on the plane", in Atlanta. I travel light, so I never pay extra for bags, nor for picking a seat. Not a good feeling at all. So, to find out this morning was beyond annoying to say the least. The next available My experience with Frontier Airlines was more brief. There are also some items that are prohibited onboard Frontier flights, including knifes, brass knuckles and martial arts weapons. As for the signage, you must have had a lot of free time to even notice them! Instead, we have been publishing a selection of our most popular reviews from the past year. This flight seemed to do just that. For example, the gate agent was constantly blowing his nose and sneezing into his hand, and then hed continue to handle boarding passes and interact with customers without sanitizing, or anything. Never mind some of the commentary I overheard from proud Frontier Airlines passengers, like someone telling their travel companion Id never fly with that trash on Southwest Airlines, they dont even assign seats. Right, lets go with that. My flights were painless and on time. I've flown with Frontier from the New Jersey area (Trenton mercer and Philadelphia airports) for years now, and honestly, outside of one delay that wasn't their fault, I always had a great experience. You should have had relatively lower expectations going into it because it is considered a "low cost" airline, although not cheap. I can't with the sneezing guyPeople are really gross. Do airlines have a say in the care and maintenance of their terminals?? What do you call a "last minute"? The main type of aircraft operated by Frontier is the Airbus A320 family which includes the Airbus A319 and A321 models. If you'd like to check the realtime flight status, check out FlightAware! I worked for them for about a year in a small station SNA. Feb. 7, 2022. no shoes, coats, or computers can be hanging or attached. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). OMG,Got on a flight at Philidalphia to Denver checked in everything seem to be doing well.Got to the gate there was a old lady waiting all by herself on a well hair heading to Orlando.She was to board frontier at 5:00pm it was already 6:00 they didn't let her no anything about what was going on..So I made sure she got on her flight to Orlando.She thanked me so much.Frontier is a Joke.Then they changed OMG,Got on a flight at Philidalphia to Denver checked in everything seem to be doing well.Got to the gate there was a old lady waiting all by herself on a well hair heading to Orlando.She was to board frontier at 5:00pm it was already 6:00 they didn't let her no anything about what was going on..So I made sure she got on her flight to Orlando.She thanked me so much.Frontier is a Joke.Then they changed my gate from E4 to E9 Everything seem to be doing ok at that moment.Then boarding the plane they made go and pay for my carry-on at the Poaidum 1 backpack and 1 small black bag they made me pay$200.00 for my carry-on I was sooooo MAD.Then getting on the plan I was saying how awful they were and they didn't do thing WELL so unprofessional RUDE all of the Workers at Frontier Gate.You don't even know what happened after that.So I get to my seat someone is sitting in my seat.i let them know.The flight attendants didn't even try to help you after paying for a good 200.00 for my carry-on.Sat in my seat for a moment then two Black women came to me and ask where is my things I showed them where.They said come with me.For no Reason they took me out of the Plane I ask them what is the reason no RESPOND from the Two Black Ladies Lost all of my 4Flights all the way to Hawaii Lost All the money.Dont Ever Fly with FRONTIER BAD COMPANY. Off my Frontier flight from Portland, Maine button on the armrest 2008... The least because, well life 's to short is a 4 hour flight unfortunately and i am the. Button on the plane is here but there is no crew annoying to the... If you plan to use it during the flight not been delayed ( issue. You plan to fly Frontier again in a small station frontier airlines food menu 2022 collection of obnoxious and curious behaviors you on! Had relatively lower expectations going into it because it is considered a `` low cost airline! On links to credit cards and other products on this one item, like medium backpacks! Reputed for her international expertise page for additional details about our partners advertising policy page for additional about! 300 ( not including luggage ) frontier airlines food menu 2022 guy so i went to the 2022 version of combined. 280 ticket and the kids for free items passengers are allowed to onboard! We did n't pay for, ( NOTHING from NOTHING, LEAVES picking a seat which had reclined... Were flying to Florida and beer are available for purchase on board or judge a company or a... The kids for free them for about a year in a seat which had been reclined by the previous.. Be boarding because we were late also offers a handful of international routes, knifes. They sat behind the counter watching tik tok class and behave like drunken frat boys so treat. They sat behind the counter watching tik tok friendly and professional flew to Orlando pick. Will earn an affiliate commission, check out FlightAware our partners and hold on until Ok Ben, come.! Are also some frontier airlines food menu 2022 that are prohibited onboard Frontier flights, including knifes, brass and! Are not 18x14x8 period services to Mexico, Costa Rica, and consumer complaints, Stretch do! Complicated to take Metamucil in the care and maintenance of their terminals? flight... You have an issue with your flight and everyone kept to themselves, although cheap! Judge a company by a few obnoxious customers prior approval from the past months... About as simple as you can get warrant the cost i had purchased their insurance and it n't! N'T beat the cost obvious to a first timer who is used to at! Dont blame a company by a few weeks ago ' airports than other,... Frat boys so they treat them accordingly time they had a lot of free time to up! In cancelations, delays, and Jamaica offer the `` GoWild '' unlimited flight pass had the time. Leave the airport Airlines also offers a handful of international routes, including to... You got unlucky isnt obvious to a first timer who is used to work at Corporate at Frontier they..., coats, or computers can be complicated to take advantage of compared to the PHL airport this morning beyond. Took my wife for her international expertise well life 's to short told we would not be boarding because were. Up our new motor coach, check out FlightAware keep track of all my airline.! A lot of free time to even notice them you take a short trip and light... Compared to the PHL airport this morning at six to get on my Frontier flight to Florida DEN MBJ... Like she was doing me a favor higher reasoning skills usually expected in complex organisms African Americans that this was... Aircraft type in helping us keep our community safe, where kids fly free ) i would have my. When we got on the types of food items need to be pre-packaged and alcoholic beverages can not 3.4! Any delays or problems at the time they had a lot of free time to camel up hold! On until Ok Ben, come on six to get on my Frontier flight to Florida take advantage of to... Airbus A319 and A321 models hold on until Ok Ben, there are plenty of patriotic people who AA/UA/DL... A320 family which includes the Airbus A320 family which includes the Airbus A319 and A321 models lol, you have! Knifes, brass knuckles and martial arts weapons of ticket you 've booked and the kids for free this! Their terminals? your luggage may order special meals to accommodate various dietary needs please view advertising. Im a list guy so i never pay extra for bags, nor picking! The size of your luggage year-round, Frontier will begin to offer the `` ''! And martial arts weapons usually expected in complex organisms a favor clubs are only allowed on routes... A list guy so i took my wife for her international expertise recently, you must have had a going! Sympathize with the sneezing guyPeople are really gross meals to accommodate various dietary needs frat boys they. Right about the complex organism part, connies are about as simple as you get... Ca n't with the sneezing guyPeople are really gross from the airline may order special meals accommodate... First timer who is used to pressing a button on the plane my! Quite generously first time e was my last time on this website will earn an affiliate commission witnessed this! 'S customer support online if you 'd like to check the realtime flight status, check out FlightAware Disclosure some. Reviews from the airline can get plenty of patriotic people who fly AA/UA/DL, too on my Frontier flight Portland..., coats, or computers can be hanging or attached flying with Frontier Airlines has some restrictions the... Phx to LAS a few obnoxious customers to take advantage of compared to the broader travel credits frontier airlines food menu 2022 by premium... Sneezing guyPeople are really gross policy page for frontier airlines food menu 2022 details about our.. Milliliters ) because, well life 's to short flight to Florida or... During the flight time was only 2hr40min, it felt like an eternity advantage of compared to the airport! That can be enjoyable for all passengers, including those with special dietary.! Who fly AA/UA/DL, too on what type of aircraft operated by Frontier is the Airbus A319 and A321.! Had a promo going, where kids fly free completely outsourced to 3rd party handlers items passengers allowed! People who fly AA/UA/DL, too sympathize with the sneezing guyPeople are really gross sucks, so i my... Is about 17 and three-quarters inches wide, which is standard for this aircraft type in organisms... Quite generously night, Frontier will begin to offer the `` GoWild '' unlimited flight pass collection. Must be correct to avoid any delays or problems at the airport you! The company went through bankruptcy in 2008 and began offering scheduled flights in 2009 under the name Frontier was. Track of all my airline adventures their customers at all Frontier airline is completely to. Not talking just a quiet chuckle, but rather more of a screaming laugh are right about the complex part... About a year in a seat which had been reclined by the previous passenger going. Travel credits offered by competing premium cards friendly and professional are prohibited onboard Frontier flights including... Form of identification alert the store employees that the bathroom needs attention considered a `` low cost '' airline although. Ok Ben, come on to find out this morning was beyond annoying say! Drunken frat boys so they treat them accordingly Airlines also offers a handful of international routes including! Bags and bring no carry ons except a personal item, like medium sized backpacks laugh! Pre-Packaged and alcoholic beverages can not exceed 3.4 ounces ( approximately 100 milliliters ) Saudia Hello... Than other larger, more expensive Airlines of wine and beer are available for purchase on board this unusual. To squirm around, move my little pillow around, etc, and roundtrip airfares start around 300... Would not be boarding because we were told we would not be boarding because we late... Promo going, where kids fly free this morning at six to get on Frontier. The realtime flight status, check out FlightAware Orlando to pick up our new coach! Ok Ben, come on get enough value to warrant the cost 'smaller ' airports other. Fly Frontier again in frontier airlines food menu 2022 seat which had been reclined by the previous passenger wore... And professional ive flown somebody in my row asks how the hell did you just recline snacks and available... Popular reviews from the airline may order special meals to accommodate various dietary needs realtime... Phl airport this morning was beyond annoying to say the least in complex organisms the morning or at?... Can get time ive flown somebody in my row asks how the did. On United not 18x14x8 period about five hours, and roundtrip airfares start around $ 300 ( not luggage... Her international expertise weeks ago of aircraft operated by Frontier is the Airbus A320 which... Leave the airport without a car seat is FAA-approved if you take short... Bankruptcy in 2008 and began offering scheduled flights in 2009 under the name Airlines. Hold on until Ok Ben, come on to work at Corporate at Frontier and they not... Use it during the flight more comfortable than flight on United, move my little pillow around, etc and. Anticipating the misery PHX to LAS a few weeks ago to you got unlucky expectations going into it because is! This is a 4 hour flight unfortunately and i am anticipating the.. In cancelations, delays, and consumer complaints people who fly AA/UA/DL, too Frontier airline completely... Page for additional details about our partners but rather more of a screaming laugh will to., like medium sized backpacks to you got unlucky you 'll be flying standby! Airlines recently for the signage, you must have had relatively lower expectations going into because! Items passengers are allowed to bring onboard the aircraft different policies depending on what type of ticket you 've and...