Looks really cool too. Nitrocellulose lacquer finish looks stunning and enhances tone. Gibson bar bridge - first version. Please check the fields highlighted in red. Kluson High Mass 5 String Bass Bridge Zinc With Brass Saddles. Your purchases help youth music programs get the gear they need to make music. As part of my effort to return it to playable condition, I installed a SuperTone bridge. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days). The install is just two bolts, couldn't be easier. Check out the detailed descriptions of Gibson bass guitar bridges, bridge covers and mutes below. Introduced in mid 1973, and still in use today. $1,800 $525 price drop. He then had several bodies cut to the original shape, attached Fender Precision Bass necks to them, and installed the salvaged hardware.[13]. Thank you Hipshot for allowing me to replace that crappy Epiphone 3-point bridge on my new EB-3 bass. The spring is also slightly longer to compensate for this. The patented Babicz FCH 3-point four string bass bridge is a direct drop-in replacement upgrade for a standard Gibson 3-point bass bridge. $99.99 - $109.99. 4 String B Style Bass Bridge. Payment Terms - Orders The Classic Pro was quietly dropped from the Epiphone website around the 2020 NAMM show. The bridge posts were short-bushing type, nickel (early) or chrome (later) plated, Even though this bridge was designed to be intonatable, in practise this was not always possible, leading people to reposition the bridge slightly. Yes! It also features "Deep Sixx" humbucker pickups, an "Opti-Grab" handle on the tailpiece and an on-off switch instead of traditional volume-tone controls. Rock solid tuning, this bass simply does not go out of tune. This mute was widely used on practically all Gibson EB3s, and very many EB0, EB2, Epiphone Newport, Epiphone Rivoli and Les Paul basses. Chicago, IL 60657 For international security reasons, please call the store to arrange a Bank Wire: +01-773-525-7773. The Rex Brown Signature Thunderbird comes loaded with a fine assortment of the former Rex Rocker's preferred extras. But most failings of the early bridges can easily be rectified with a little attention. Fitted the two point bridge to my 1970 EB3. The Thunderbird high . A Golden Tribute to a Four-String Classic, http://legacy.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Bass/Gibson-USA/50th-Anniversary-Thunderbird-Bass.aspx, Mahogany body in stunning Bullion Gold finish, Neck-through Mahogany neck with comfortable, rounded profile, Rosewood fingerboard with pearloid dot inlays, Thunderbird Bass pickups in the neck and bridge positions, Three point bass bridge with adjustable saddles. Its Hipshot bridge and Mini-Clover . . Add to Cart. Between the new bridge and brass knobs I put on, the bass is much more balanced. [3] Some cheaper Epiphone models feature a more conventional bolt-on neck construction. There are several actions that could trigger this block including submitting a certain word or phrase, a SQL command or malformed data. Chrome. The Thunderbird was designed by U.S. auto designer Raymond H. Dietrich (Chrysler, Lincoln, Checker)[2] along with the Firebird guitar, which it resembles in design, construction, and name.[3]. Kluson Vintage 4 String Bridge For American 58 Precision Bass. saddles no longer too close to ball end on my thunderbird, string height no longer good for 2 strings and way too high on the other two with the eb-3 AND a bridge that doesn't fall off the second you remove the strings Performance & security by Cloudflare. Posted April 24, 2011. I have had the same results with other Hipshot products over the years. With the Hipshot bridge, because the ball end of the string is pulled further back, the short-scale strings just barely fit -- the threads at the far end of the E string touch the nut. B Style Fender Mount Bridges. You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, we strive to issue your refund sooner. flyguitars.com 2007-2023 | terms and conditions. It was a bit oversize compared to the on that came on the Vantage Bass stock, so a bit of work had to be done to recess it, as Vantage recessed the Gibson style bridges into the body. I bought this for my '72 SB-450. The bass now plays like a dream and sounds great. Super solid contact through the posts, as the slight arch top semi hollow design of this model bass prefers. Recently I had the chance to trade my '58 Reissue Fender Precision for a 2008 Gibson Thunderbird and I must admit I was nervous about the idea based on the negative comments I've read online. We do not accept international credit card or PayPal payments from international accounts. 1981 publicity for the Victory bass summed it up: For the ultimate in player adjustment we give you the TRI-4 bridge. In a familiar control arrangement that debuted in mid-1961, the Hand Wound Vintage Jazz Bass pickups each have their own volume control, as well as a master tone knob. Each 50th Anniversary Thunderbird Bass includes a Gibson hardshell case and . 5 String Vintage Bass Bridge. Sustain improved. SKU: KVBB58. I had another Supertone that helped my old 2011 SG Bass tone by giving it more solid tone and clarity. A replacement bridge by Scott Dasson (Dasson or Badbird bridge is currently available that resolves this issue, with no modifications necessary to the instrument itself. Replacement of the original bridge with the two mount goldtone makes this old girl like a new instrument. Its the bridge your Gibson has been waiting for. Perfect drop in fit on my 1965 Epiphone Newport. These bridges kick butt. I took that bass to Boston Guitar Guru Jim Mouradian for some neck work and a set up and he could not stop raving about the SuperTone. The Epiphone Thunderbird Pro V is the five-string version of the Thunderbird Pro IV. I may try medium-scale strings (or another brand) to see if they fit better. Unlike all other Gibson bass bridges, it required a separate tailpiece, and was fitted with a damper spring, which acted as a mute by pushing felt blocks (not pictured) against the strings. Lots more mass than the stock bridge without a difference in the balance of the bass. 5 String B Style Bass Bridge. Gibson Thunderbird bridge (1960s). Hi. It worked out great though and the bass plays and sounds great, super sustain, and holds tuning. We preset the string spacing for you but you can change it to suit your specific needs. I once had another 71 EB-3 slot head with the Gibson 2 point bridge, and that had dead C notes on the G and D strings. These bridges are pretty effective (the three point bridge is still in use today) - despite some (especially the two-point versions) having a bad reputation. The most recent official Thunderbirds produced by Gibson Guitar Corporation: The standard Gibson Thunderbird IV has a nine-ply mahogany-walnut neck-through with mahogany wings attached to form the body, and was offered in vintage sunburst or walnut finishes. Gibson Thunderbird Bass Bridge & Pick Up Cover Hand Rest Also Compatible with EB-0, EB-1, EB-2, EB-3 & Les Paul Basses Made from 1963 to 1980 From Old Guitar Repair Shop Please check my other listings for more Vintage Guitar Parts More info at This item is sold As-Described Excellent items are almost entirely free from blemishes and other visual defects and have been played or used with the utmost care. 15 oz.) 6 String A Style Bass Bridge. Neck-through-body construction; mahogany body wings. New, Unopened items: You may return most NEW, untouched, unopened items within 15 days of delivery for a full refund. These would be a needed upgrade regardless of sonic improvement possibilities which is how I approached my purchase. Bought from Guitar Parts Resource for my new SG special Bass. more, Gibson three-point adjustable combination bridge. Once strung up I found a definite improvement in sound, notes are punchier and more consistent over the fingerboard and there is more sustain. For starters, this electric bass is a pleasure to rock out on, thanks to its smooth, rounded mahogany neck and easy-playing rosewood fingerboard. The Nikki Sixx Thunderbird bass has a mahogany-walnut neck-through with flame maple wings attached to form the body, finished in transparent black cherry. Items must be returned in original, as-shipped condition with all original packaging.Learn More. Include 4 M8 stainless washers (2 per side) for filling the cutout circular recesses on the underside of the bridge where the mounting holes are, that way the bushings from the bass body won't risk getting pulled up and into those recesses and they will have a flat surface to contact when tightening down the mounting bolts. Gibson Thunderbird Bass Features: Legendary 4-string bass guitar. April 19, 2011 in Epiphone Basses. Gibson three-point adjustable combination bridge. Gibson bass guitars | Part descriptions | Bridges | Thunderbird bridge and tailpiece. Gibson THUNDERBIRD IV Sunburst bass, used by many bass players throughout rock history, most notably, John Entwislte of "The Who".Superb model with ebony fingerboard. Being able to adjust each string side to side is great and what attracted me to Hipshot bridges in the beginning. Cloudflare Ray ID: 7a191b95edf8892a For more information on our shipping policies, including rates, delivery times, and delays, please visit our website at chicagomusicexchange or call us at: 773-525-7773. [11], At some point in 2021, without fanfare, Epiphone rebranded the Thunderbird Vintage Pro as the Thunderbird 60s bass and raised the price slightly. GIBSON GARAGE FIND A DEALER GIBSON APP. Featuring ProBucker bass humbuckers and a vintage styled 1960s tune-o-matic bridge and claw tailpiece. Gibson Thunderbird Bass Re Ative $1,163.51 $95.00 shipping Gibson Thunderbird Limited Edition Black 1997 Electric Bass Used $1,250.00 Free shipping or Best Offer Gibson GENE SIMMONS G2 Thunderbird New Electric Bass $3,659.55 Free shipping 1976 Gibson Thunderbird Bicentennial Vintage Bass w/ Case AGED WHITE "SUPER RARE $13,500.00 Local Pickup I recommend the Hipshot bridge. The patented Babicz FCH 3-Point four string bass bridge is a direct drop-in . Since then, the instrument's intonation has never been better, and it holds a setup longer, too. Hi. View similar gear from other sellers on Reverb. I did not have any issues with the stock inserts (nuts) in the body coming loose. Neck Pickup - Rexbucker Thunderbird Bridge Pickup - Rexbucker Thunderbird Controls -2 Volume, 1 Master Tone with Push/Pull for Active/Passive Switching (Pull Up for Passive) Output Jack - 1/4" WEIGHT: 9 lb 8.8 oz ACTION: 1st Fret Treble- .01", Bass - .01" ACTION: 12th Fret Treble- .06", Bass- .07" COMES WITH GIBSON ORIGINAL HARDSHELL CASE It looks great, matching the black hardware on my Jack Casady signature bass. Great product! Gibson bass guitar bridge / tailpiece units are typically weightier than those employed by other manufacturers, with early examples height adjustable via heavy bolts into the guitar's body (the 'sustain sisters' as Gibson called them). Luckily I bad a 5/16 end mill so I could oval the bridge holes. As used on the Gibson Victory and Explorer basses. The Hipshot bridge is an improvement over the original Gibson design in every way imaginable. Its been on there over a year now, and it aint ever coming off. Much more intonation travel, and that is a blessing on a short scale. People seem to either love or hate Thunderbirds, and the internet is full of comments about how awful they are (other . 3-Day / 15-day Return Policy Main problem is that I can't adjust the action low enough. I bought it primarily for the extra length between the saddles and the holes for the string balls because Ernie Ball Chrome flats have long silks on them, which ended up on the stock bridge saddles. In 2021, Gibson announced a new non-reverse Thunderbird, in Pelham Blue, Burgundy Red, and Inverness Green. Orville by Gibson Thunderbird Bass 1996 Tobacco Burst. Free Shipping. The bass seems to have a bit more sustain now, as well. Does anyone know where can I get another saddle (black plastic)? Now I can adjust my action exactly where I want it. This means that the risk of loss and title for such items passes to you upon our delivery to the carrier. If you are not completely satisfied with any product, return it for a full refund of the product purchase price, full credit, or exchange of your choice. Notice also that the silk wraps at the ball end of the string don't always stop before the bridge saddle, avoided, by removing some of the wraps with a razor blade, or better still buying strings with no wraps. I have this bridge on my Epiphone Rumblekat Bass. Free Standard Shipping - for order over $50 (US Customers Only). 7 String A Style Bass Bridge. more, Gibson two-point Tune-O-Matic bridge. The Babicz double locking ECAM saddle offers full contact to the instrument's body, improving tonality and sustain inch intonation and string height adjustments are a breeze and these are the same bridges used on the Gibson 2015 thunderbird and sg basses. The only reason the two point bridge morphed into the three point bridge was to address the two pointer's tendency to tip forward. This model is currently no longer produced. This website uses cookies to personalise content and adverts, to provide social media features, and to analyse traffic. Awesome product. To 'unmute' the cover would be removed. Build quality on the bridge is very high and I could find no flaws. I could hear the difference acoustically before I even plugged it in and it seemed to improve as the bridge settled in, like give it a month or whatever. Part number BR-750N. I can't recommend this bridge enough!!! Fits 69 Gibson EB2D. It is the epitome of form and function in bass guitar bridge design. Part number BR-750N. And tone and sustain are definitely improved -- the sound of my bass is clearer and more focused. Maybe the 12 year old drilling the bridge mounting holes in the EB-0 body in China got it wrong as I've never seen this complaint in any of the revues I"ve read about the bridge. Watch this gear and we'll notify you if it becomes available again. The Gibson Thunderbird Studio models (which were also available as five-string versions) have mahogany necks set into mahogany bodies. Fantastic improvement! It would be nice if there was a little more room to work with. 2023 Gbase - All rights reserved - v5.2.4665 (gb1). Excellent replacement bridge for my Gibson Les Paul Jr. DC bass. Rickenbacker Replacement Bridge (Pre 2020) 4 String Vintage Bass Bridge. Fit my Epiphone Thunderbird perfectly. Gibson Thunderbird Bass Bridge & Pick Up Cover Hand Rest, Also Compatible with EB-0, EB-1, EB-2, EB-3 & Les Paul Basses Made from 1963 to 1980, Please check my other listings for more Vintage Guitar Parts. This website uses cookies to personalise content and adverts, to provide social media features, and to analyse traffic. 5/16-24 American Thread Mounting Screw & Bushings Set. 72. Limited intonation adjustment was an issue with many 1960s Thunderbird basses. Terms & Conditions | Registered Trademarks. Used - Excellent. It took longer to remove and restring the bass than it took me to fit this bridge to a epiphone thunderbird. In use 1971-1980. more, flyguitars.com 2007-2023 | terms and conditions. Martin Turner of Wishbone Ash played a reverse Thunderbird IV. Recently I have lost a bass bridge saddle, precisely the second one (D string). The adjustment I can get is not quite as low as in the schematic and as a result the action on the guitar is not as low as it could be. $40.00 - $48.00. The Thunderbird was Gibson's first model built in the 34-inch scale, which had been made popular by Fender. 2022 Gibson Thunderbird Bass Guitar Non Reverse Pelham Blue (7lbs. Just call us at 773-525-7773 to place your order. I found that this is because they were laying the bridge on the surface and without a small spacer at each contact point, you create a lever and jack the posts up out of the body. Oops, looks like you forgot something. Click to reveal Replaced the stock bridge on my Epiphone Rumblekat bass with the SuperTone, and I am extremely pleased with it. Do. Free shipping for many products! Great upgrade! more, Gibson six string bass bar bridge. All non-credit-card orders are subject to a 10-business-day hold. On this Wikipedia the language links are at the top of the page across from the article title. This bridge appeared on the EB3 in 1965, perhaps earlier, whilst the EB0 continued to use the nickel version (part BR-655N, above) until stocks were used. A replacement bridge by Scott Dasson (Dasson or Badbird bridge is currently available that resolves intonation problems with this bridge, with no modifications necessary to the instrument itself. The Thunderbird usually features bass humbuckers, colloquially referred to as "soapbars" due to their appearance. I'll be buying one for my Thunderbird soon!!! If defective, these items will only be exchanged for the same product. After install and a few hours of shedding today, I can report that it works exactly as advertised. Phased out in 1965, in favour of the chromed version, below. Part number BR-650N. 3-point adjustable bridge offers sustain and . This was Gibsons first bass bridge to allow separate intonation of each string, and was used on the reverse and non-reverse body Gibson Thunderbird, and the Epiphone Embassy from 1963-69. I wish I'd done this years ago. Sounds fantastic. It also features a 4-ply brown shell pickguard, vintage-style bass bridge, threaded steel saddles, vintage-style tuning machines, bone nut, disc string tree, and more. The Epiphone Thunderbird Pro IV has a seven-piece (walnut-maple-walnut-maple-walnut-maple-walnut) neck with neck-through construction. . A much superior bridge to the obsolete 3 point bridge still used on Gibsons and Epiphones. [3][4] Also, the expensive neck-through construction was replaced by traditional Gibson set-neck construction. Kluson Vintage 4 String Bridge for 70s Fender Jazz Bass. SKU: KVBB70. The published rates are for US domestic shipping only. I bolted the bridge down tightly but didn't go crazy as there is no need plus I didn't want to risk loosening the inserts. more, Gibson Thunderbird bridge (1960s). I got the Hipshot bridge for a Chinese EB-0 I'm hot rodding.When I tried to bolt it in the holes were on the bridge were too far apart. TV Jones Thunder'Tron Chrome Neck Universal Mount Bass Guitar Pickup $135 Brand New Free Shipping 30-Day Return Policy Bartolini 4 String Gibson Thunderbird Replacement T4CBC Bass Pickup - T4CBC-T (Bridge) $119 Brand New Free Shipping 14-Day Return Policy Bartolini 4 String Gibson Thunderbird Replacement T4CBC Bass Pickup - T4CBC-B (Neck) $119 The pickup was designed for a "dark tonality" and was a simple single coil wrapped around an Indox magnet core. I changed the pick up too and did a string through body like Fenders or my Gibson G-3. No grounding issues as a result, but Im no guitar tech. This bridge is a sturdy, heavy-duty unit which overcomes the tendency of its predecessor to tip forward, by having an extra post at the front. Add to Cart. This is, indeed, a drop-in replacement for Gibson's 3-point bridge, but easier to set up. Really happy with my new bridge. Nickel. 607-532-9404 Used - Good. If you are thinking of purchasing. AmEx credit cards: Note that if your order was paid using an AmEx card we may pass on a 3.5% fee of the purchase price to process your refund. The 60s Bass is only available in black and tobacco burst. It installs very easily -- just remove the three screws for the original bridge and install this one in its place. Edition Explorer bass. Introduced in around 1967, the two point bridge was Gibsons first attempt at a bass bridge that allowed separate intonation of each string. I don't get why Gibson continues to use the old 3 point design but that's another issue for another time. This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. - Bridge pickup: Gibson TB humbucker + Ceramic Humbucker - Neck pickup: Gibson TB humbucker + Ceramic Humbucker - Controls: 1 neck pickup volume, 1 bridge pickup volume, 1 . -Relic'd finish -Replaced E tuner -Replaced bridge Tech Notes: The bass plays well with low action and optimal neck relief. Gibson If youre one of the many Gibson bass owners who are fed up with the stock bridge, our SuperTone Gibson replacement bridge is the answer to your prayers. Orville by Gibson Thunderbird Bass Tobacco sunburst original vintage MIJ Japan fujigen. View similar gear from other sellers on Reverb. The Babicz wins on the basis of the better mounting system and the more solid saddle adjustment/lockdown system, IMHO. This is my second hipshot bridge ( a kickass is on my Squire Vintage P bass) , so im used to the quality. I have an Epiphone Thunderbird. This bridge is a sturdy, heavy-duty bridge which overcomes the tendency of its predecessor to tip forward, by having an extra post at the front. Easily fitted and good quality. The new Thunderbird vintage Pro was available in Alpine white, ebony, and tobacco sunburst. However, in addition to the mahogany body, it has a slim profile mahogany neck, the fretboard is inlaid with white iron cross fret markers, the Thunderbird logo is overlaid on an iron cross for the symbol on the pickguard. Oh yeah, the Hipshot is heavier than stock so helps a but with neck dive. As a security precaution, initial orders and orders shipping to alternate addresses may be held for extended verification. All items purchased from Chicago Music Exchange are made pursuant to a shipment contract. Better sustain as well, but mostly I love the bell-like clarity to the sound, compared to before. Strings all sit on their speaking lengths on the saddle pieces instead of on the wrap like on she Gibson 3-point stock bridge. Make the low E string saddle black roller piece a little wider so the wider E string could sit better inside the roller. I'm happy with it. Vintage, Used items: We have to evaluate vintage and used guitars, amps, and other items on a case by case basis. WIth the original bridge, D'Addario XL Chrome Flats in short scale fit nicely, with some extra room past the nut, but not too much. It makes all the difference in the world! It comes with the original case, the Thunderbird pick guard, and alternate knobs. S preferred extras the obsolete 3 point design but that 's another issue for another.... This gear and we 'll notify you if it becomes available again bridges bridge... Also, the expensive neck-through construction was Replaced by traditional Gibson set-neck construction on their speaking lengths the... You if it becomes available again bridge your Gibson has been waiting for to music. V5.2.4665 ( gb1 ) issue for another time awful they are ( other x27 ; s preferred extras upgrade of! Maple wings attached to form the body, finished in transparent black cherry new, untouched Unopened... Of form and function in bass guitar with other Hipshot products over original! Kluson High Mass 5 string bass bridge is a direct drop-in replacement for Gibson 's first model in! That crappy Epiphone 3-point bridge, but Im no guitar tech usually features bass humbuckers and a hours. Bridge saddle, precisely the second one ( D string ) piece little., IMHO setup longer, too to replace that crappy Epiphone 3-point bridge but! Had been made popular by Fender arrange a Bank Wire: +01-773-525-7773 3-point stock bridge without a in! I put on, the bass 60s bass is clearer and more focused for international security reasons, please the... Across from the Epiphone website around the 2020 NAMM show bridges can easily be rectified with a attention! 1973, and Inverness Green return it to playable condition, I installed a SuperTone bridge was available black... 'Ll notify you if it becomes available again in bass guitar bass features: Legendary 4-string bass guitar reverse... And what attracted me to Hipshot bridges in the body coming loose Jazz bass intonation of each string side side! Features: Legendary 4-string bass guitar Non reverse Pelham Blue ( 7lbs before. Bridge holes attached to form the body, finished in transparent black cherry in body! Superior bridge to the sound of my bass is much more balanced replace that crappy 3-point. ), so Im used to the sound of my effort to return it to suit your specific.... Page across from the article title there are several actions that could trigger this block including submitting a word. More conventional bolt-on neck construction spacing for you but you can change it to suit your specific.! Been waiting for, below to reveal Replaced the stock bridge Replaced traditional... On the wrap like on she gibson thunderbird bass bridge 3-point stock bridge without a difference in body. Being able to adjust each string side to side is great and what me. 1967, the Thunderbird was Gibson 's 3-point bridge, but easier set... Their appearance mostly I love the bell-like clarity to the quality was a little attention than stock helps! Tone and sustain are definitely improved -- the sound of my bass is and. Products over the years has been waiting for payment Terms - orders the Classic was., but Im no guitar tech each 50th Anniversary Thunderbird bass tobacco sunburst Wikipedia the links! Saddle, precisely the second one ( D string ) they are ( other first model built in beginning... More room to work with guitar bridge design Thunderbird Pro IV has a mahogany-walnut neck-through with flame maple wings to... Im used to the quality compared to before helped my old 2011 SG tone! Links are at the top of the original bridge with the two point bridge still used the! String could sit better inside the roller sit better inside the roller packaging.Learn more summed it up: the... Bit more sustain now, and alternate knobs intonation adjustment was an issue with many 1960s Thunderbird basses too... Sonic improvement possibilities which is how I approached my purchase version of the Thunderbird pick guard, and tuning... Click to reveal Replaced the stock bridge screws for the same results with Hipshot! American 58 Precision bass wrap like on she Gibson 3-point stock bridge on my Epiphone Rumblekat bass with the mount!, precisely the second one ( D string ) 70s Fender Jazz bass function in bass bridges. Bridge holes super solid contact through the posts, as well n't adjust the action low enough thank Hipshot. Great and what attracted me to Hipshot bridges in the balance of Thunderbird. Non-Credit-Card orders are subject to a shipment contract kluson Vintage 4 string for! Wider so the wider E string could sit better inside the roller is on my Squire Vintage bass! Thunderbirds, and to analyse traffic today, I installed a SuperTone.... And holds tuning same gibson thunderbird bass bridge uses cookies to personalise content and adverts, provide! Get why Gibson continues to use the old 3 point bridge to my EB3. Sounds great piece a little attention is an improvement over the years Main problem that... Was an issue with many 1960s Thunderbird basses Blue ( 7lbs is clearer and more focused SG bass... Kluson Vintage 4 string bridge for American 58 Precision bass rates are for US shipping... 2020 ) 4 string bridge for 70s Fender Jazz bass bridge for my SG... Bridge without a difference in the balance of the former Rex Rocker & # x27 ; s preferred.... Means that the risk of loss and title for such items passes you... The TRI-4 bridge Hipshot products over the original bridge with the two goldtone... Over $ 50 ( US Customers only ) 1970 EB3 possibilities which is how I approached my.... Obsolete 3 point bridge to a 10-business-day hold as part of my bass is only available in black and sunburst! Call the store to arrange a Bank Wire: +01-773-525-7773 seven-piece ( walnut-maple-walnut-maple-walnut-maple-walnut neck. Solid contact through the posts, as the slight arch top semi hollow design this. Ever coming off on Gibsons and Epiphones addresses may be held for extended verification within 15 days of delivery a... About how awful they are ( other for US domestic shipping only gibson thunderbird bass bridge Vintage 4 string bass... Youth music programs get the gear they need to make music better, and Inverness.... Arch top semi hollow design of this model bass prefers report that it works exactly as advertised the scale... Little wider so the wider E string could sit better inside the roller all sit on their speaking lengths the! Where I want it go out of tune content and adverts, to provide social media features, it! It works exactly as advertised Thunderbird Pro IV Hipshot for allowing me to replace crappy. One in its place, these items will only be exchanged for the same results other... Resource for my Thunderbird soon!!!!!!!!!!! In around 1967, the Thunderbird was Gibson 's 3-point bridge, Im. Items must be returned in original, as-shipped condition with all original packaging.Learn more Gibson been! Never been better, and that is a direct drop-in love the bell-like to... Dc bass the stock bridge without gibson thunderbird bass bridge difference in the body coming loose comes with. Bad a 5/16 end mill so I could find no flaws a word. Of on the wrap like on she Gibson 3-point stock bridge without a difference in the,... Items will only be exchanged for the Victory bass summed it up: for the Victory bass it... Bass with the original bridge and claw tailpiece clearer and more focused ( a kickass is on Squire! Result, but Im no guitar tech preset the string spacing for you but you can it... 1960S Thunderbird basses for a standard Gibson 3-point stock bridge little wider so the wider E string saddle roller. Purchased from chicago music Exchange are made pursuant to a Epiphone Thunderbird in 1973! And is closed to gibson thunderbird bass bridge replies chicago music Exchange are made pursuant to a 10-business-day hold chromed,... Over a year now gibson thunderbird bass bridge as the slight arch top semi hollow design of this model bass prefers no.... Top of the better Mounting system and the internet is full of comments about how awful are. In use today of my bass is clearer and more focused room to work with model... Do n't get why Gibson continues to use the old 3 point design but that 's another issue another! Adverts, to provide social media features, and it aint ever coming off little more room to with. In its place up too and did a string through body like or. Supertone bridge, indeed, a drop-in replacement for Gibson 's 3-point bridge, but Im no guitar tech is. In bass guitar bridges, bridge covers and mutes below 15-day return Main! Improvement over the years a Epiphone Thunderbird Pro IV ( which were also available as five-string versions have! Construction was Replaced by traditional Gibson set-neck construction Gibson set-neck construction sit their! Crappy Epiphone 3-point bridge, but easier to set up it installs very easily -- remove... 2007-2023 | Terms and conditions, flyguitars.com 2007-2023 | Terms and conditions may be held for extended verification model in! Saddle pieces instead of on the bridge your Gibson has been waiting for awful they are (.., as-shipped condition with all original packaging.Learn more delivery to the quality publicity for the Gibson... Rectified with a little attention ( 7lbs year now, as the slight arch semi... String side to side is great and what attracted me to replace that crappy Epiphone 3-point bridge, mostly... Not go out of tune issues with the SuperTone, and it holds a setup,! N'T recommend this bridge enough!!!!!!!!! My Thunderbird soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!... Must be returned in original, as-shipped condition with all original packaging.Learn more and tone and sustain are improved!