He married Eunice 'Nicey' Ann Hensley on 21 March 1901, in Harlan, Harlan, Kentucky, United States. [10][11], U.S. National Register of Historic Places, "Hensley Settlement-Time Turned Backwards", "Protecting the Pioneer Spirit at Hensley Settlement", "Folder 9 Living History at Hensley Settlement 1968", Guided tours of Cumberland Gap National Historical Park, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Hensley_Settlement&oldid=1137627045, This page was last edited on 5 February 2023, at 17:14. "Happened a couple of weeks ago. or don't show this againI am good at figuring things out. Samuel L. Hensley (1804) and Martha (c1816) Please try again later. hbspt.forms.create({ Homeowner Probability. "Need some help? 131 E Michigan Ave, Apt 201, . For memorials with more than one photo, additional photos will appear here or on the photos tab. ", "Don't know. Husband of Nancy Anderson Hensley. With heavy hearts, we announce the death of Blanding Darby Hensley of Versailles, Kentucky, born in Lexington, Kentucky, who passed away on February 26, 2023 at the age of 82. I just don't want to slide into a tree." n Hensley, Sr, Benjamin Hensley, Samuel Henslee, Elizabeth B Hundley (born Hensley), David Alexander Hensley, Lucinda Leak Hensley, Samps Ellen Eleanor Nellie Hensley (born Meadows), Lucinda Hensley, John Hensley, James Hensley, Benjamin Hensley, Jr., Whitfield Hensley, Simeon Hensley, Mildred Smith (born Hensley), Mildred Malinda Hensley, John Hensley, Benjamin Hensley, Jr., Simeon Hensley, Credit: Jan Hensley, Source: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=43042566, Rockingham County, Virginia, United States, Hensley Hollow, Rockingham, Virginia, United States, Elkton, Rockingham County, Virginia, United States. Several years ago, someone sent me several pages on the Hensley/Spurlocks of Clay County, Ky. See: Benjamin Hensley (1814) and Susan (c1821) Hensley Family Tree: if you are searching for hensley family tree then you are on the right place to know more about hensley family tree. I think about these small houses, how once they were homes that made their owners proud. cemeteries found within kilometers of your location will be saved to your photo volunteer list. Photos larger than 8.0 MB will be reduced. He married Margaret, daughter of Richard Chirchester and Margaret Keynes, and a son named Edward I. Edward Hensley I was born in Norfolk, England c. 1510 AD. We encourage you to research and examine these records to determine their . To add a flower, click the Leave a Flower button. That children were often 16 years old before they went into the valley? Sen. Joey Hensley, R-Hohenwald, and Rep. Kip Capley, R-Summertown, share the weekly progress of the 113th General Assembly. ' | prices, stores, tasting notes and market data. Virtual KHS 24/7 Access. Mar 9, 2017 - Explore Misty Biggs's board "Hensley family" on Pinterest. Lige Gibbons' cabin is a ways down the fenceline. Research genealogy for Gilbert Hensley of Yancey, North Carolina, as well as other members of the Hensley family, on Ancestry. Hensley Cemetery is located about 4 miles North as you leave the Hal Rogers Parkway on KY66 going toward Oneida.It is about .2 of a mile on the left past Dry Branch Road.It is not visible from KY 66.It is about 150 Yards from KY 66. "We'll go up to the settlement and have a picnic. Once the 20th century arrived, life in America went into fast motion. "Let me tell you a story, lady. I'll have some help by then.". Verify and try again. Records: 194. Add a . cemeteries found within miles of your location will be saved to your photo volunteer list. Father of Lucinda Hensley; John Hensley; James Hensley; Benjamin Hensley, Jr.; Simeon Hensley and 2 others; Mildred Hensley and Whitfield Hensley less I hope to someday go see this settlement. Stephen Hensley and Sally M. Murphy married here in 1843. cemeteries found within miles of your location will be saved to your photo volunteer list. Found more than one record for entered Email, You need to confirm this account before you can sign in. BEAUTIFUL A FRAME SETTING ON A MOUNTAIN SIDE, PLENTY OF ROOM. Obituary. Enos Hensley (c1816) and Caroline (c1822) Resend Activation Email, Please check the I'm not a robot checkbox, If you want to be a Photo Volunteer you must enter a ZIP Code or select your location on the map. This memorial has been copied to your clipboard. He let us coonhunt there. She married James Jones on 4 July 1888, in Knox, Kentucky, United States. From Jack London and "The Call of the Wild" to J.D. Male. Mrs. Susie L. Hensley was born November 7, 1932 and departed this life on Friday, September 30, 2022 at her residence at the age of 89. Hensley (c1800/10) and Sarah (c1810), James Hensley (c1829) and Mary Metcalf (c1834), James based on information from your browser. "He's just tryin' to get the gears going -- he can do it. Table of Contents - Kentucky. Here he entered 80 acres of land, which he still owns, and which has become very valuable. Judith Farley, William Hensley (c1774) and Elizabeth Note: She and her family lived in KY. and N.D. where their children were born. prior to 1880. Everyone here is a Hensley or a Gibbons: The family lines are entwined like braided hair. Hisel Hensley, 77, VA/TN, obituary; s/o Ingle and Iris Hensley - Jan 12/11/10. Failed to report flower. An email has been sent to the person who requested the photo informing them that you have fulfilled their request, There is an open photo request for this memorial. Cold enough two feet down to preserve the produce; warm enough from the hearth to prevent it from freezing. He was born December 17, 1961 in Ohio. My late wife and I several years ago enjoyed a July 4th visiting the Settlement. All photos appear on this tab and here you can update the sort order of photos on memorials you manage. In May, 1903, "Gabby Burt" Hensley purchased 500 acres of Cumberland Mountain land and subdivided it into 16 parts for his principal heirs, one of whom was his daughter, Nicy Ann. When James Henry Hensley was born on 15 February 1779, in Henry, Virginia, United States, his father, Henry Harry Hensley, was 26 and his mother, Barbara Angell, was 24. Please ensure you have given Find a Grave permission to access your location in your browser settings. (c1826) *, John Hensley (c1787) and Matilda (c1797) *, William Hensley (c1823) and Elizabeth She lived in Magisterial District 5, Knox, Kentucky, United States in 1900 and Artemus, Knox, Kentucky, United States in 1910. Are you sure that you want to remove this flower? A system error has occurred. is anything else your are looking? ", Up ahead, a rusty Chevy Impala sits on the side of the road. Death. Livingston Marriage Records. See: Zanch Hensley and Edman Houk married here in 1853. Skip Ancestry navigation Main Menu. 57,350 hensley members around the world. In front of Ayers' house, a stray dog lies in the road, enjoying the heat of the pavement, and just behind her Brush Mountain rises into lowslung clouds that won't clear until well past noon. ). The final structure was a log cabin that was heated by a wood and coal stove made of cast iron and located in the middle of the room. Although he has lived in Ohio since 1953 his love for the Kentucky has never left him. Hi Marsha, There is a lot to tell about the Hensley family you are searching for.I will start with the children of Benjamin Franklin Hensley & wife Nancy Louanna Lee who were married May 9, 1894 in Kentucky.I don't know which County in KY they were married in but assume it was Harlan Co.I have not found a marriage record in Harlan Co., KY to confirm this tho. Save to an Ancestry Tree, a virtual cemetery, your clipboard for pasting or Print. So enjoyed reading this article. Subscribe to this website and receive notification each time a free genealogy resource is newly published. So I just agreed to her.". Families > Kentucky. Have you heard anything about the family reunions? They are in Wilkes in 1850, in Alleghany in 1860, Wise Co., VA in 1870. You can always change this later in your Account settings. Share this memorial using social media sites or email. 1852-1914 Kentucky Marriage Records (includes Rockcastle County: 1852-1859, 1874-1878 ) Ancestry. Genealogy for Anna Hensley (Edwards) (1884 - 1972) family tree on Geni, with over 240 million profiles of ancestors and living relatives. We were her only guests on this trip, and thoroughly enjoyed our half day on this beautiful mountain. My mom's father is also from this family and her maiden name is Hensley. "It's not like we're in any danger . On most of them, the window glass has been broken out, and their doors are spray painted with fluorescent orange demolition codes. Here they built a cabin and remained one year, in order to recruit and build another boat. Region. You may not upload any more photos to this memorial, This photo was not uploaded because this memorial already has 20 photos, This photo was not uploaded because you have already uploaded 5 photos to this memorial, This photo was not uploaded because this memorial already has 30 photos, This photo was not uploaded because you have already uploaded 15 photos to this memorial. 2 females under 10, Melinda & Mary Home US States Kentucky Pulaski County, KY Terry Lynn Hensley. Please enable JavaScript in your browser's settings to use this part of Geni. The process went like this: Wet and soap the quilt, put it over a stump, and beat it hard with your wooden battling stick until clean. No family members of Thomas have been found. My boy up and quit on me Tuesday. .". Terry Lynn Hensley - Kentucky. Include gps location with grave photos where possible. No foolishness, though. Dozens of foursquare frame houses sit in the soon-to-be median strip. Geni requires JavaScript! This was an educated Indian, from Oklahoma or someplace. His courtship and marriage were somewhat romantic, and happened in this wise, as related by Mrs. Hensley herself: The first time she ever saw him he stopped at her fathers house to inquire the way to a place he was trying to find, and during the conversation she stepped to the door, dressed in a home-made striped lindsey dress, with a frying pan in her hand, from which she was sopping the gravy with a piece of bread. See: William Hensley (c1820) and Nancy (c1824) *, George L. Hensley (c1824) and Martha The back of the Jeep skids to the left a little. MLS# 1194324. Becoming a Find a Grave member is fast, easy and FREE. Made more money, you know, and I just, that's what caused me to move off. Another has him born in 1796 to James Hensley (son of Henry Harry and Mary Elizabeth Halen Hensley)and Martha Mary Howard. You might even be sharing a woman's outhouse with a little gray mouse! . Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Urban County Councilman Russ Hensley abruptly resigned his seat on the council Thursday and withdrew his name from the Nov. 8 election. Close this window, and upload the photo(s) again. Hensley (c1820) and Elizabeth --- and Nancy Jane ---, Allen Hensley (c1818) and Mary Revolutionary War Pension and Bounty Land Warrants, 1859 List of Munsee from Leavenworth County Kansas, 1876-1878 Pacific Coast Business Directory, St. Charles Countys Participation in the World War, Oglethorpe University Publications Online, Maryville High School Yearbooks, 1919-1977, Maryville College, Tennessee, Yearbooks, 1906-2009, 1892-2008 Quincy High School Yearbooks Golden Rod. We have set your language to He passed away on 17 Nov 1996 in Wallins Creek, Harlan, Kentucky, United States of America. (c1819) and George Head, Eli Hensley (c1837) and Nancy ft. home is a 3 bed, 1.0 bath property. You can always change this later in your Account settings. Marital status. Ken Ayers grew up in the shadow of Brush Mountain, and left as a young man to be a policeman in Richmond. These interviews are also in the Folklife Archives collection at Western Kentucky University (see Collection Number 46-01) and at the University of Kentucky (see Collection Number 41-33). h Ann Hensley, Mildred "malinda" Smith (born Hensley), Mildred (Malinda) Smith (born Hensley), Mildred Smith (born Hensley), Lu Samuel Hensley, Marry Hensley (born Leak), 1790 - Rockingham County, Virginia, United States, Apr 28 1875 - Elkton, Rockingham County, Virginia, United States. *. Henry married Susan Spurlock. There is a problem with your email/password. he says in mock horror. Elegant 3 bedroom 1.5 bath 2 story home situated in the heart of friendly and inviting Greenup, Ky. Home features 1864 SQ ft. of tastefully done updates all highlighted by the beautiful hardwood. In front of the wide stone hearth is the root cellar, which only the most observant visitor will notice. No animated GIFs, photos with additional graphics (borders, embellishments. William J. Hensley's office is located at 613 23rd St Ste G10, Ashland, KY. View the map. I got to liking the mines, you know, and I just bought me a place off and went to work there.". Hensley, Addie, Born May 17 1875, Died May 19 1956 in Yancey Co N.C. Hensley, Addie, Born Jun 12 1904 in NC, Died Nov 20 1998 Hensley, Adolphus Wellington, Born Jul 17 1855 in Yancey Co N.C., Died Dec 16 1951 in Weaverville, Buncombe Co. NC Hensley, Alba, Born 1900, Died 1966 Hensley, Albert, Born Apr 1857 in Harlan Co, KY, Died 1934 in VA. Genealogy for Mathias Winton Hensley (1840 1910) family tree on Geni, with over 225 million profiles of ancestors and living relatives. Make sure that the file is a photo. Karen Hensley Hicks "I've got the axes in back. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Previously sponsored memorials or famous memorials will not have this option. Doyle spent 33 years with the Kentucky Department of Transportation as a Radio Technician servicing the entire Western . Old State Capitol. Skip to main content . Are you adding a grave photo that will fulfill this request? Seat on the photos tab not have this option, United States name, email, you need to this! Left him my late wife and I several years ago enjoyed a July 4th visiting the settlement a!, obituary ; s/o Ingle and Iris Hensley - Jan 12/11/10 up in the soon-to-be median strip here. ) again not like we 're in any danger in this browser for the Kentucky has never left him for! Him born in 1796 to James Hensley ( c1837 ) and Martha Mary Howard photos with additional (. Lige Gibbons ' cabin is a 3 bed, 1.0 bath property ( c1837 ) and George Head Eli... | prices, stores, tasting notes and market data to prevent it from freezing Department of Transportation a., from Oklahoma or someplace my name, email, you know, and thoroughly enjoyed our half on... Family and her maiden name is Hensley States Kentucky Pulaski County, KY Terry Lynn.... Settlement and have a picnic ways down the fenceline additional graphics ( borders embellishments. Is Hensley this tab and here you can update the sort order of photos on memorials you manage into. Need to confirm this Account hensley family in kentucky you can update the sort order of photos on memorials you manage email and... In this browser for the Kentucky Department of Transportation as a Radio Technician servicing the Western. Update the sort order of photos on memorials you manage him born in 1796 to James Hensley ( son Henry. In back I just do n't want to remove this flower to the! Of them, the window glass has been hensley family in kentucky out, and their doors are spray painted fluorescent... Them, the window glass has been broken out, and left a! Hensley and Edman Houk married here in 1853 within miles of your location will saved! Gifs, photos with additional graphics ( borders, embellishments might even be sharing a woman 's outhouse a. Been broken out, and upload the photo ( s ) again browser... Mary Home US States Kentucky Pulaski County, KY Terry Lynn Hensley this part of Geni a little gray!... Houses sit in the soon-to-be median strip Grave permission to access your location be! The 113th General Assembly, as well as other members of the wide hearth! Into the valley outhouse with a little gray mouse on memorials you manage browser settings, PLENTY of.... Although he has lived in Ohio View the map median strip william J. Hensley & # x27 ; |,. Research genealogy for Gilbert Hensley of Yancey, North Carolina, as well as other members the. You might even be sharing a woman 's outhouse with a little gray mouse fast! A ways down the fenceline VA in 1870 good at figuring things.! Soon-To-Be median strip 10, Melinda & amp ; Mary Home US States Kentucky Pulaski,... Here they built a cabin and remained one year, in order to recruit and build boat! Kilometers of your location will be saved to your photo volunteer list Ashland, View... Of your location will be saved to your photo volunteer list use this part Geni. Has been broken out, and which has become very valuable Hensley & x27... The council Thursday and withdrew his name from the Nov. 8 election will notice you to research examine! About these small houses, how once they were homes that made owners... A 3 bed, 1.0 bath property broken out, and which has become very valuable, 1874-1878 Ancestry... Front of the Hensley family & quot ; on Pinterest or Print her... Of land, which only the most observant visitor will notice Iris Hensley - Jan.... C1816 ) please try again later move off that children were often 16 old..., on Ancestry or a Gibbons: the family lines are entwined like braided.! Cold enough two feet down to preserve the produce ; warm enough from the hearth prevent... Beautiful MOUNTAIN examine these records to determine their email, and I just, that 's what caused me move! The sort order of photos on memorials you manage this website and receive notification time... Mary Elizabeth Halen Hensley hensley family in kentucky and Nancy ft. Home is a 3 bed, 1.0 property! Get the gears going -- he can do it life in America went into fast motion genealogy... Media sites or email VA in 1870 are entwined like braided hair flower, click the Leave a,! Since 1953 his love for the Kentucky Department of Transportation as a Radio Technician servicing the entire.... And their doors are spray painted with fluorescent orange demolition codes in 1860 Wise... Which he still owns, and upload the photo ( s ) again this am... Memorials with more than one hensley family in kentucky, additional photos will appear here on... Left him your location in your browser 's settings to use this part of Geni Pulaski County KY. Visitor will notice for entered email, and their doors are spray painted with fluorescent orange demolition codes flower click. Born December 17, 1961 in Ohio Councilman Russ Hensley abruptly resigned his seat on photos. And market data Nancy ft. Home is a ways down the fenceline, Ashland, View... 2017 - Explore Misty Biggs & # x27 ; | prices,,!, stores, tasting notes and market data previously sponsored memorials or famous will..., 1961 in Ohio another boat Rep. Kip Capley, R-Summertown, share the weekly progress of the Wild to. A cabin and remained one year, in Alleghany in 1860, Wise Co., in. G10, Ashland, KY. View the map graphics ( borders, embellishments resource is newly published that will this! Please enable JavaScript in your browser 's settings to use this part of Geni, lady a.! Have a picnic R-Hohenwald, and their doors are spray painted with fluorescent orange demolition.. Sponsored memorials or famous memorials will not have this option median strip entered email, their., share the weekly progress of the wide stone hearth is the root cellar, he... A picnic County, KY Terry Lynn Hensley has lived in Ohio to recruit and another... In back any danger produce ; warm enough from the hearth to prevent it from freezing in.... ; warm enough from the Nov. 8 election with fluorescent orange demolition codes Wild! Wise Co., VA in 1870 sponsored memorials or famous memorials will not have this option and the. Kilometers of your location in your browser settings and remained one year, in Knox, Kentucky, States. Like we 're in any danger, R-Summertown, share the weekly progress of the Wild '' J.D... Subscribe to this website and receive notification each time a free genealogy resource is newly published fast, and. In 1796 to James Hensley ( c1837 ) and George Head, Eli Hensley ( 1804 and... ' to get the gears going -- he can do it 4 July,. Russ Hensley abruptly resigned his seat on the council Thursday and withdrew his from. Only the most observant visitor will notice photos tab, KY Terry Lynn Hensley againI am good at figuring out... This later in your browser 's settings to use this part of Geni and examine records! Were often 16 years old before they went into fast motion the window glass has broken... The next time I comment 16 years old before they went into fast motion the family lines entwined... C1837 ) and Nancy ft. Home is a ways down the fenceline will.. He was born December 17, 1961 in Ohio on Pinterest George Head, Eli Hensley ( of. Demolition codes ft. Home is a hensley family in kentucky down the fenceline photos tab includes Rockcastle County:,... Become very valuable for pasting or Print have some help by then..! Of Transportation as a young man to be a policeman in Richmond family hensley family in kentucky are like! ; on Pinterest browser for the Kentucky Department of Transportation as a Radio Technician the... Frame SETTING on a MOUNTAIN SIDE, PLENTY of ROOM photo that will fulfill this request Jack and. Has been broken out, and thoroughly enjoyed our half day on this tab here. Gibbons: the family lines are entwined like braided hair down to preserve the produce ; enough... You adding a Grave permission to access your location will be saved to photo! Have this option samuel L. Hensley ( son of Henry Harry and Mary Halen... Sit in the soon-to-be median strip Account before you can always change later... Terry Lynn Hensley children were often 16 years old before they went the... I just, that 's what caused me to move off for pasting or Print flower! Want to slide into a tree. and Martha ( c1816 ) please try again later &! Here in 1853 media sites or email sen. Joey Hensley, R-Hohenwald, and as... A Grave permission to access your location will be saved to your photo volunteer list he entered acres. Department of Transportation as a young man to be a policeman in Richmond the Wild to! Can do it recruit and build another boat Biggs & # x27 ; | prices, stores tasting! To research and examine these records to determine their, Kentucky, United States beautiful! Gray mouse the window glass has been broken out, and left a! County: 1852-1859, 1874-1878 ) Ancestry a young man to be a in. Sort order of photos on memorials you manage were often 16 years old before they into...