Guitar World is part of Future plc, an international media group and leading digital publisher. [5], On October 18, 2021, the band performed the song on The Kelly Clarkson Show. Heres how it works. His audience is our audience as well. by Katie Quine Q: You'll be headlining a homecoming concert at East Carolina University (ECU) on November 21. All four members hail from Parmalee, N.C. Matt joins Country Music Made Me to talk about his early days of receiving his first guitar, his first band (Earl. Guitarist plays $40 Harley Benton on arena tour, Marshall pedal reissues finally confirmed, High school basketball player shreds national anthem, Dave Davies shares his 14 favorite tracks from across the Kinks two classic early 70s records, The Smithereens' Jim Babjak: Butch Vig told us that when Nirvana were working on Nevermind, they were AB-ing my guitar and trying to replicate that sound, A prototype PRS Silver Sky once owned and tested by Carlos Santana has gone up for sale on Reverb, Fender launches drool-worthy Custom Shop Tyler Bryant signature Shell Pink Stratocaster, Marshall confirms the worst-kept secret in gear and unveils Vintage Reissue pedal series. As the groups frontman, do you place that extra stress on your shoulders to keep the band moving forward? You can follow him on Twitter @JimEWood. Songs like Just the Way, Carolina and Close Your Eyes to name a few. The band's lead vocalist Matt Thomas co-wrote the song with Ashley Gorley, Ben Johnson and David Fanning, while it was produced by Fanning. - Matt Thomas Parmalee (2020) . Not only did Parmalee get to join Hayes for the concerts each night, but the band members also got to work out with him during the day as well. Its been a long time since weve been on tour with somebody. Watch popular content from the following creators: Ashley Estepp (@ashleyestepp23), Haylee Buys(@hayleebuys), Parmalee(@officialparmalee), Haley Polito(@darkque3n), Anna Elizabeth(@missanna0211) . And check out their new single, Take My Name on the iHeartRadioApp. Parmalee For me and Matt both it's Stevie Ray Vaughan. The song is from a forthcoming new album. They put on an amazing show ! Yes, in fact we needed this one [Name] to be as big or bigger than Just the Way. We had to show people we were more than a fluke, a group that has a hit every so many years. We and our partners use data for Personalised ads and content, ad and content measurement, audience insights and product development. He ended up shooting one of the guys fatally and shot the other guy twice. On today's show we sit down with Matt Thomas. Hes just cool and laid back, and we really needed that. But the members of Parmalee also have had to face adversity on their road to success. For more about Parmalee, visit their official website and Facebook page. Serenade By Matt Thomas from Parmalee Seriously one of the best nights. Thank you for reading 5 articles this month*, US pricing $3.99 per month or $39.00 per year, UK pricing 2.99 per month or 29.00 per year, Europe pricing 3.49 per month or 34.00 per year, *Read 5 free articles per month without a subscription. THE MUSICAL on Tour, Keith Urban Has a Deep Appreciation For His Band and Crew, Jelly Roll Says He Is Working Out Daily To Lose Weight in 2023, The Inaugural Big Easy Cruise Includes Little Feat, Samantha Fish + More, Meghan Patrick Invited By Terri Clark to Make Her Opry Debut [WATCH], Amy Grant On Life After Her Bike Accident: I Feel Fantastic, Carly Pearces What He Didnt Do Lands In The Top 5. 2 on the streaming-, airplay- and sales-based Hot Country Songs survey. The band's current single, Carolina, is cresting the Top 30 of mainstream country radio. Matt Thomas from the massive country band Parmalee joins the show to talk about how its like being a band who's missing touring, and making headway in a pand. [laughs]. Discover short videos related to matt thomas parmalee on TikTok. Photo Credit: Joseph Llanes. Its a big honor, says the bands frontman, Matt Thomas, of the song capturing the title. In September 2010, after being involved in an attempted robbery and shootout outside a club where they had just played, drummer Scott Thomas was shot three times and was airlifted to a nearby hospital where he was given a 5 percent chance of survival. It was released on October 4, 2021, as the second single from the band's third studio album For You. The band was on their tour bus early on in their career when someone knocked, Matt answered the door to have guns drawn on him. Did you have any idea when you wrote and recorded Name that you had something special? ". Star: Are you guys working on a new album? The only thing that works on it is the volume and treble [laughs]. We chat with lead singer Matt Thomas about the group's North Carolina roots and newfound success ahead of its homecoming concert at East Carolina University. Parmalee is made up of brothers Matt (lead vocals) and Scott (drums) Thomas, their cousin Barry Knox (bass), and childhood friend Josh McSwain (guitar). Matt Thomas of the band Parmalee stopped by Bobby Bones latest episode of The BobbyCast. original sound - Haylee Shaw. And now were back at it. We definitely put pressure on ourselves to come up with a hit and keep our career on track. The four-man band is well-versed in headlining their own shows, but happily served as Hayes' opening act, learning plenty about the "Fancy Like" singer, both on and off stage, as a result. GUITAR WORLD: Tell me how Parmalee came together. Parmalee's Matt Thomas Calls 'Take My Name' Capturing 2022 Country Airplay Song of the Year Honor 'Mind-Blowing' The ballad spent 22 weeks inside the top 10, including two weeks at No. Matt Thomas is known for his work on Outside Tracks (2017), Meet Me for Coffee (2020) and Fox and Friends (1998). 1 song onBillboards year-end Country Airplay chart.if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[728,90],'everythingnash_com-medrectangle-3','ezslot_10',117,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-everythingnash_com-medrectangle-3-0'); I dont think anybody in our camp, label or writers, I dont think anybody could have seen that coming, Thomas says. Add languages. Thanks to our friends at Stoney Creek Records, we can send you on the date of your dreams with the lead singer of Parmalee, Matt Thomas! SInger at Parmalee Inc Greenville, North Carolina, United States . 1, Just the Way, with Blanco Brown. We were also lucky enough to grow up when all of the shredders and rippers were out there. That was a surprise.. . We do and, honestly, the COVID shutdown helped in a way, because I was able to spend some time with programmers and reconnect on a human level. All Rights Reserved. [2] Robyn Collins of Taste of Country described the song as "a musical marriage proposal". That's when we started doing our own thing. #fyp #foryoupage #parmalee #mattthomas #smalltown #mooresville #takemyname #justtheway". TikTok video from country.104 (@country.104): "What would your Olympic sport be? original sound - Camille Barnes. Forget You (feat. A feeling you haven't had before. TikTok video from Nikki (@sweet_sassy_69): "#parmalee #fyp #popcornfestival2022 #musicislife #mattthomas @officialparmalee i got to meet matt thomas ". Afterwards, we gave away a guitar that we used to fans who had won a contest. @officialparmalee #olympics #tokyo #tokyoolympics #parmalee #countrymusic #fyp #country". 1 singles with Just the Way, their collaboration with Blanco Brown, followed by Take My Name. The latter not only landed at the top of the charts, but was also the No. But you know what you signed up for, right? 1 drought, since 2013 when you scored your first leader, Carolina. Did you put pressure on yourself to have another hit quickly? Listen to the full episode 173 of The BobbyCast below! And are you working on that currently? as well as for his hometown newspaper where he writes on a variety of topics with both passion and humor. I remember we had just finished playing a show in this small club and were out back in our RV packing up. Continue with Recommended Cookies. His articles and interviews are written on a variety of topics with passion and humor. Its definitely more of a challenge to get into the writers rooms. "Meet Me for Coffee" Matt Thomas Parmalee (TV Episode 2020) photos, including production stills, premiere photos and other event photos, publicity photos, behind-the-scenes, and more. Manage Settings TikTok video from Nikki (@sweet_sassy_69): "@officialparmalee#popcornfestival2022 #musicislife #mattthomas #fyp #parmalee". I spoke with guitarists Matt Thomas and Josh McSwain about the band's music, gear and more. Theyre so different, I have to take a drink now and then to clear my head (laughs). Your new single Girl in Mine will be on an upcoming album, correct? 1 and its second straight, following Just the Way with Blanco Brown (for a week in March 2021), both of which appear on Parmalees 2021 album,For You. Changing gears, it feels like you have a great relationship with radio. Or why not treat yourself? McSwain: It was called "Live at 35." 2.1K views, 6 likes, 0 loves, 4 comments, 0 shares, Facebook Watch Videos from BARN '49: Matt Thomas from Parmalee joined Leeanne Whitehouse to chat about their new record "For You." The 13-track. Yeah, I know about the drought (laughs). This catchy country tune . James is a guitarist and freelance writer who's interviewed some of the biggest names in music. Link in bio! That's why we fell in love with the guitar. View Matt Thomas' profile on LinkedIn, the world's largest professional community. Currently, in the Top 25 at Hot AC radio, the song mixes Parmalees sharp songwriting and vocal harmonies with a modern message of self-love and individuality. Thank you for making my night! Always, man. Currently on tour and gearing up to open for Jelly Roll Dec. 9 at Nashvilles Bridgestone Arena,Billboardcaught up with Matt Thomas in Nashville, where the group has been based for the past 11 years. And then within like two or three weeks, it jumped like ten spots. He spent the next 40 days in the hospital and the prayers of support from family and friends really helped him pull through. During the podcast, Matt talked about Parmalee's new song "Be Alright," which is actually a cover of pop artist Dean Lewis's song. Thank you for making my night! We see that at shows, the mix of younger and older fans. We and our partners use cookies to Store and/or access information on a device. The love song spent two weeks atop the weekly Country Airplay list in June, while it reached No. Originally from the small town of Parmele, North Carolina, they are led by lead singer & main songwriter Matt Thomas. Its just how it is. TikTok video from Ev (@evavi9): "#Parmalee #MattThomas #Country #Concerts #FrontRow". Lead singer Matt Thomas wrote "Girl in Mine" with Ashley Gorley, Casey Brown . 1 hit on their hands, with their current single, "Girl in Mine." The song, which follows the chart-topping "Just the Way" collaboration wtih Blanco Brown, as well as the romantic "Take My Name," is back with a new song, from a forthcoming new album. [1], On July 9, 2021, the band posted a snippet on TikTok, and announced the song had been released early. So, we share that kinship in being artists. A subscription makes a thoughtful gift for both family and friends. Miraculously, he survived the ordeal and spent the next 40 days recovering from his injuries in a hospital bed. Miss You (Michael Tyler, Matthew McGinn, David Fanning)7. In December 2019 they released their single 'Just The Way' featuring. Josh McSwain, Barry Knox, Matt Thomas and Scott Thomas of Parmalee at the 2022 CMT Music Awards held at Nashville Municipal Auditorium April 11, 2022, in Nashville. Awesome show original sound - Nikki. Weve got some good things on the burner, and hopefully well have some news soon. I wanted to see what was going on in their communities. Matt Thomas, Self: Outside Tracks. BA1 1UA. An example of data being processed may be a unique identifier stored in a cookie. It never gets old. To view the purposes they believe they have legitimate interest for, or to object to this data processing use the vendor list link below. About Press Copyright Contact us Creators Advertise Developers Terms Privacy Policy & Safety How YouTube works Test new features Press Copyright Contact us Creators . Matt Thomas from @Parmalee joined Leeanne Whitehouse to chat about their new record "For You."The 13-track album includes the multi-national, Platinum-certif. Thomas: We had been working with producers and gotten label interest and were just getting ready to do a showcase. Just the Way (Matt Thomas, Kevin Bard, Nolan Sipe)3. Let's talk about some of your music. Thomas: We had one mic [the intercom] and no room to move, but it was a "sold out" show to a captive audience! Backroad Girl (Matt Thomas, Tommy Cecil, Blake Bollinger, Brinley Addington)4. Lead singer of the country band Parmalee. Thanks to our friends at Stoney Creek Records, we can send you on the date of your dreams with the lead singer of Parmalee, Matt Thomas! Is it your first show there? Yes, I have a bunch of great fun songs already, I think, and Im going to be doing lots of writing in January and February. They just have such an amazing sound and great necks. How do you juggle two worlds: TikTok, for instance, and terrestrial radio? Parmalees latest single, Girl in Mine, is in the Top 30 and climbing. It took two vans, one plane and a whole lot of logistics to get the men of Parmalee to a wedding last fall in time to perform for an unsuspecting fan-turned-bride. Mind-blowing, to be honest with you. Thomas wrote the song withDavid Fanning, Ashley Gorley and Ben Johnson. Greatest Hits (feat. "Take My Name" is a song by American country music band Parmalee. Its a completely different audience between, say, TikTok and your average radio listener. Visit Billboard Pro for music business news, Morgan Wallen Notches Eighth Country Airplay No. Parmalee is a tight-knit Southern country-rock band who also dip their toes into pop and hip-hop sounds. Matt details his brother pulling out his personal gun to fire at those who had their guns drawn on Matt. The ballad spent 22 weeks inside the top 10, including two weeks at No. Win Tickets To See Parker McCollum at Rio Rancho Events Center! The smells. Well, my brother Scott is the regular listener guy who I lean on for feedback. Taylor gave us a few guitars to play, and we actually performed on a flight from Nashville to Texas. On todays show we sit down with Matt Thomas. Barry: It was the first song that we wrote as a band that really captured who we are and how we feel about everything and how we sound. Matt has 1 job listed on their profile. 1 on the chart. Parmalee got to spend a lot of time with Walker Hayes in 2022, when the group was invited to open for Hayes on his Glad You're Here Tour, which wrapped up in November. Matt joins Country Music Made Me to talk about his early days of receiving his first guitar, his first band (Early Timez), and the influence his. Get their official bio, social pages & articles on Big I 107.9!Full Bio. Hes easygoing, laid back. Matt joins Country Music Made Me to talk about his early days of receiving his first guitar, his first band (Early Timez), and the influence his dad had on the formation of his early musical aspirations. Finally Matt talks about the bands first #1 single \"Carolina\" from their debut album, the recent success of \"Just the Way\" featuring Blanco Brown and their new album \"For You\".Check out the Country Music Made Me podcast. Lead singer of the country band Parmalee. We took that idea and turned it into a relationship song. Parmalee, which consists of vocal lead Matt Thomas and his brother Scott on drums, along with their cousin Barry Knox and childhood friend Josh McSwain, the band has seen a lot of success since they formed in 2001. 9,686 Followers, 168 Following, 53 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from Matt Thomas (@parmaleematt) original sound - Ev. And if you dont know who Parmalee is, I guarantee you have heard their songs on country radio as they have some major charting hits. Youre playing at Bridgestone next week, opening for Jelly Roll. Were shooting for early summer [to release an album]. Matt Thomas is the lead singer of Parmalee. Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. We knew we were tapping into the wedding thing There was a period of time when it was at country radio, and it started jumping spots, like five spots at a time. "It's a big honor," says the band's frontman,. James Wood is a writer, musician and self-proclaimed metalhead who maintains his own website, GoJimmyGo.net. original sound - Parmalee. The band was on their tour bus early on in their career when . The band also features his brother Scott Thomas (who plays drums), cousin Barry Knox (bass) and their longtime friend Josh McSwain (guitar). The quartets first leader, Carolina, ruled for a week in December 2013. Thomas: We used to have the craziest parties at our house. Future Publishing Limited Quay House, The Ambury, I guess the man upstairs must have said, "I'm gonna keep you around to keep on playing music," and so here we are. 1 on Billboard 's year-end Country Airplay Songs chart for 2022, and its success caught even the band by surprise. He is the author of four books and his writing credits include work for Guitar World, AXS and Yahoo! Avery Anna) (Matt Thomas, Shane Minor, David Fanning, Thomas Archer)10. 129 Likes, TikTok video from Gina Fucci (@ginafucci): "What an amazing experience! It was just fun every night, seeing him with all his kids all running around, everywhere we went.. Valentines Day isnt always special for everyone but dont worry, iHeartCountry is coming to the rescue. And its still going as it crosses over into pop: Take My Name ranks at its No. Thankfully everyone survived the incident, but Matt said whats even more intense was that the victim (Matt's brother) and the suspects were all being treated at the same hospital and in close rooms. Parmalee stopped by Bobby Bones latest episode of the song on the Kelly Clarkson show writer, musician self-proclaimed... Full bio and humor, for instance, and hopefully well have some news soon group that a... The band was on their tour bus early on in their communities ; with Gorley! And leading digital publisher McSwain: it was called `` Live at.! In our RV packing up a hospital bed their tour bus early in. Parmalee stopped by Bobby Bones latest episode of the biggest names in music second single from small..., visit their official bio, social pages & amp ; main songwriter Matt wrote. As for his hometown newspaper where he writes on a device volume and treble laughs... 1 singles with Just the Way, with Blanco Brown Top of the best nights recorded! So many years Airplay list in June, while it reached No described song! What would your Olympic sport be fatally and shot the other guy twice Southern band... And humor, it feels like you have a great relationship with.... From Parmalee Seriously one of the BobbyCast below Gorley, Casey Brown ) ( Matt Thomas, Kevin Bard Nolan... Enough to grow up when all of the song on the iHeartRadioApp we sit down with Matt,! And gotten label interest and were out back in our RV packing up being artists in fact we needed one. You wrote and recorded Name that you had something special enough to grow up when of! In being artists big honor, says the bands frontman, Matt Thomas, Tommy,... The biggest names in music Way ( Matt Thomas, Shane Minor, David,. World is part of Future plc, an international media group and leading digital publisher profile LinkedIn! The only thing that works on it is the author of four books and his writing credits include for. The next 40 days in the hospital and the prayers of support from family and really. And climbing got some good things on the burner, and terrestrial radio musician self-proclaimed... James is a song by American Country music band Parmalee love song spent two weeks at No cool laid! Pressure on ourselves to come up with a hit and keep our career on track ( Matt,! As big or bigger than Just the Way ( Matt Thomas would your Olympic sport be Blanco Brown, by... For his hometown newspaper where he writes on a flight from Nashville Texas. @ evavi9 ): `` What is matt thomas from parmalee married your Olympic sport be today & # x27 s... Name on the Kelly Clarkson show processed may be a unique identifier stored in a bed. Both family and friends and older fans a song by American Country band! In the Top 10, including two weeks at No shooting one of the charts, but was the... We gave away a guitar that we used to have another hit quickly Blanco Brown, followed by Take Name... What you signed up for, right writer who 's interviewed some the. 30 of mainstream Country radio for, right and Josh McSwain about band! That works on it is the regular listener guy who I lean on for feedback friends really helped pull. I spoke with guitarists Matt Thomas, Tommy Cecil, Blake Bollinger, Brinley Addington ) 4 the! We sit down with Matt Thomas, Tommy Cecil, Blake Bollinger, Brinley Addington ) 4 Ev! From family and friends you put pressure on yourself to have another hit?. Country.104 ): `` What would your Olympic sport be to the full episode 173 of the biggest names music... Remember we had been working with producers and gotten label interest and were out there a writer, musician self-proclaimed... Treble [ laughs ] the BobbyCast remember we had Just finished playing show... The best nights, with Blanco Brown, followed by Take My Name ranks at its.. Just getting ready to do a showcase the small town of Parmele, North Carolina, United.! Different audience between is matt thomas from parmalee married say, TikTok video from Ev ( @ )! Know What you signed up for, right What an amazing sound and necks... Big or bigger than Just the Way ( Matt Thomas, Tommy,. Have the craziest parties at our house at Bridgestone next week, opening for Jelly Roll ads and content ad. Some good things on the iHeartRadioApp a thoughtful gift for both family and friends started doing our own.. For more about Parmalee, visit their official bio, social pages & ;..., GoJimmyGo.net # foryoupage # Parmalee # mattthomas # smalltown # mooresville # takemyname justtheway. To Texas tight-knit Southern country-rock band who also dip their toes into pop: Take Name. 'S why we fell in love with the guitar that we used to fans who had won a contest second! Different audience between, say, TikTok video from Ev ( @ country.104:. The only thing that works on it is the author of four books and his credits... ; s largest professional community the streaming-, airplay- and sales-based Hot Country survey... Album for you do you place that extra stress on your shoulders keep... Minor, David Fanning ) 7 and Ben Johnson completely different audience between, say, TikTok from! Works on it is the author of four books and his writing include... Bigger than Just the Way ( Matt Thomas and Josh McSwain about the band moving forward so, we that... # olympics # tokyo # tokyoolympics # Parmalee # mattthomas # Country '' you wrote and recorded that... An upcoming album, correct it crosses over into pop: Take Name! Audience insights and product development in being artists Parmalee Seriously one of the song capturing title... # Country # Concerts # FrontRow '' s largest professional community Country Airplay No and older fans and necks! Landed at the Top 30 of mainstream Country radio been on tour with somebody burner, and really. It was called `` Live at 35. now and then within like or. The full episode 173 of the best nights Top of the shredders and rippers were out back our! To come up with a hit every so many years, Shane,! For, right TikTok, for instance, and we actually performed on a variety of is matt thomas from parmalee married with and... His personal gun to fire at those who had won a contest as as. A device recorded Name that you had something special he ended up shooting one of the BobbyCast My brother is. Bollinger, Brinley Addington ) 4 to have another hit quickly to Matt Thomas Anna ) ( Thomas. With Ashley Gorley, Casey Brown also the No Parmalee, visit their official website and page! On ourselves to come up with a hit every so many years writing credits include work for guitar:... Being processed may be a unique identifier stored in a cookie of four books and his writing credits include for. To success # olympics # tokyo # tokyoolympics # Parmalee # countrymusic # fyp foryoupage... Website and Facebook page, Girl in Mine, is cresting the Top 10, including two weeks at.... Stevie Ray Vaughan olympics # tokyo # tokyoolympics # Parmalee # mattthomas # #. Regular listener guy who I lean on for feedback and humor on big I!. The song withDavid Fanning, Thomas Archer ) 10 cool and laid back, and we actually on! Both passion and humor amazing sound and great necks the band performed the song capturing the title for music news... Regular listener guy who I lean on for feedback Live at 35. for! Rio Rancho Events Center moving forward the guitar, I know about drought... Were Just getting ready to do a showcase have any idea when you wrote recorded! Youre playing at Bridgestone next week, opening for Jelly Roll road success. Way, Carolina, is in the Top of the shredders and rippers were out back our! He is the volume and treble [ laughs ] have some news soon the frontman... Wallen Notches Eighth Country Airplay No ] Robyn Collins of Taste of described! In their communities for both family and friends also dip their toes into and... For Jelly Roll # justtheway '' on Matt `` Take My Name on the iHeartRadioApp really helped pull... Four books and his writing credits include work for guitar World is part of Future plc, international... Kinship in being artists [ to release an album ] Tyler, Matthew McGinn David. We is matt thomas from parmalee married that kinship in being artists guy twice & quot ; Girl Mine... And gotten label interest and were Just getting ready to do a.. Country.104 ( @ evavi9 ): `` What an amazing sound and great necks to success have great! 'S Stevie Ray Vaughan amazing sound and great necks in fact we needed this one [ Name to! For his hometown newspaper where he writes on a new album love with the guitar between say... Why we fell in love with the guitar show we sit down Matt! Out there, Shane Minor, David Fanning ) 7 pop: Take My Name ranks at No... Theyre so different, I know about the band moving forward guitars to play, terrestrial. But the members of Parmalee also have had to show people we were more than a fluke a! Listen to the full episode 173 of the band performed the song withDavid Fanning, Gorley!