See Photos. That always makes it easier because youre on an equal footing. From the first episode we see her as what some might call chaotic, as well as chatty and fiercely loyal. She handles her heavy workload with ease and without complaint . Waterloo Road Series 11 (Episodes 1-7) [DVD]: Amazon.co.uk: Angela Griffin, Kym Marsh, Jo Coffey, Angela Griffin, Kym Marsh: DVD & Blu-ray Lives in Mobile, Alabama. She played Max Branning's wife Tanya on and off from 2006 to 2017. As well as having a massive influence in some of EastEnders most successful storylines of recent times, producer Alex also used to storyline for Waterloo Road, meaning he is the ideal person to launch a school drama like this. The final new episode aired on Thursday, February 24. We earn a commission for products purchased through some links in this article. Set in leafy Stratford-upon-Avon in Warwickshire, home of William Shakespeare, viewers will discover that beneath the picturesque charm of the city, lies a hotbed of mystery and intrigue and the two intrepid detectives have their work cut out tackling blackmail, extramarital affairs, celebrity stalkers, care home saboteurs, murderous magicians and abducted au pairs. Encouraged by Dan, Alison reports the watch to the police, much to Hannahs horror, the ultimate betrayal. She is also close friends with Samia Choudhry . I'm currently TV Content Director on What's On TV, TV Times, TV and Satellite Week magazines plus Whattowatch.com. It will be brought to life by an exceptional cast, we are very lucky to have Jo and Mark in the lead roles., Will Trotter, Head of BBC Daytime Drama, added: "Shakespeare & Hathaway is a modern private eye crime drama set in iconic Stratford-upon-Avon and leafy Warwickshire playing upon Shakespearean themes with warm witty characters and compelling plot lines. Benny says: "I thought my character Ethan was really interesting because he's very angry and frustrated, but his behaviour is because hes suffering a lot of hurt so I felt a little bit sorry for him, and I thought that would be nice to experiment with. Shakespeare & Hathaway season 4 finally landed on BBC One on Monday, February 14 with an amazing cast. Episode 4: Friday December 30 9pm It's very relatable to watch her become more overwhelmed, her clear difficulty with being touched, her irritation sparking. And my new friend Jo Joyner.. Search instead in Creative? Jo, 44, is perhaps best known for playing the role of Tanya Branning in the classic BBC soap EastEnders and Mandy Carter in Channel 4's Ackley Bridge. Adresa Marala Tita 21, 72000 Zenica Telefon +387 (0)32 - 407-700 | 407-701 Email [email protected] [email protected] Drutvene mree Sign up to our daily newsletter for the latest local and breaking news in Bristol. All rights reserved. Former EastEnders legend Tracy-Ann Oberman plays Lus sister, Lia. He's hurt. The actress has landed the lead role in Riptide, a. Viewers were gutted. All opinions. ", Filming begins this week and Shakespeare & Hathaway will air in 2018. Chlo describes her son Tommy as having ADD, an outdated diagnosis generally no longer given, and one of the teachers is described as a "clean freak" with OCD, playing into harmful stereotypes. [10] On Digital Spy's 2012 end of year reader poll, Joyner was nominated for Best Female Soap Actor and came fourth with 13.4% of the vote. Peter stars alongside Shameless star Ciaran Griffiths as Alison's former husband Michael Lane, Benny Turland (Neighbours, Home and Away) plays Sean's son Ethan Weston, while Ally Fowler is Sean's daughter Rachel Weston. I have been very fortunate to have been part of some fantastic storylines over the years, and I have worked with some wonderful people during my time on the show which I will always be very grateful for, but I feel that as a mother and an actress it is time for me to explore some other avenues for a while. Jo Joyner trained at The Royal Welsh College of Music & Drama where on graduating she won the 'Friends' prize for acting' for her performance in her one woman show, an adaptation of Roddy Doyle's 'The woman who walked into doors'. sarah benton married to mark bentonthe hardy family acrobats 26th February 2023 / in was forest whitaker in batteries not included / by / in was forest whitaker in batteries not included / by Contact us with your news stories and opinions, or comment below to have your say. Manage all your favorite fandoms in one place! Jo Joyner has been acting professionally for more than 20 years, and her time in the entertainment industry has been an interesting ride. Former EastEnders star Tamzin Outhwaite appeared as a feisty tiger mum. Bristol dance troupe Dark Angels to appear in E4 street dancing documentary. Jo became more famous for playing Tanya Branning in EastEnders and Mandy Carter in Ackley Bridge, she also starred alongside Mark Benton in Shakespeare and Hathaway: Private Investigators. Jo Joyner Actor/Actress, whatever you call one of those people who likes pretending to be other people. Jo is an incredible talent, and I can't wait to see what she brings to this role. Alicia Forde plays the role of Kelly-Jo Rafferty ( Source : instagram ) Alicia Forde is 16 years old Kelly-Jo Rafferty in the series Waterloo Road. Frank and Lu are hired to investigate a fire at an award-winning salon, with owner Odette convinced that her old friend and now rival Isobel is behind the blaze and a number of other acts of sabotage. I just blow.". "This girl fly-kicked my car," she says. [9] In 2012, Joyner and co-star Jake Wood won the Best On-Screen Partnership category at the British Soap Awards. Ackley Bridge star Jo Joyner reveals why she quit and details EastEnders reunion plans, I am Madeleine McCann girl Julia Wandelt on dream come true as she shares news, Prince Harry admits trouble he faced early in relationship with wife Meghan, Dancing On Ice: Siva Kaneswaran fights back tears as he reveals Tom Parker tribute this weekend, Princess Eugenie makes emotional confession about debilitating health condition, Emmerdale, EastEnders and Coronation Street axed tonight in huge schedule shake-up, I Am Madeleine McCann girl timeline: Claims, evidence, DNA test demands and backlash, Lorraine Kelly fires back at rude and judgemental troll who mocked her appearance, This Morning: Warning for Holly and Phillip as show advised to switch up presenting roster, Ant and Decs Saturday Night Takeaway hit by hundreds of Ofcom complaints over insensitive prank on first-time dad, Karen Hauer declares were going to need a creche amid exciting Strictly baby news, Good Morning Britain: Susanna Reid forced to make last-minute change to racy outfit, Emmerdale spoilers tonight: Paddy says goodbye as he plans to end his own life, Katie Price shows off the results of her biggest-ever boob job in tiny white crop top, Mystery fianc of Carol Kirkwood revealed as they look cosy on night out, Jeremy Clarkson dealt new blow after Meghan furore as Who Wants to Be a Millionaire axed by ITV, Catherine, Princess of Wales pays subtle nod to Queen and Princess Diana as she stuns in red today, Prince Harry news: Duke stunned by very final and cruel punishment from royal family. Jo was clearly thrilled to work with her friend Sunetra again and shared this playful snap on Twitter: 15 years on and finally working with @sarker again! In June 2006, Joyner began appearing as Tanya Branning in BBC One soap opera EastEnders. What to Watch is part of Future plc, an international media group and leading digital publisher. Riptide has a big cast of well-known faces. The show aired its first season back in 2018, and the casting of the series has proved a particular favourite with fans ever since. Alison Weston (Ackley Bridge star Jo Joyner) is left devastated when her new husband Sean (Neighbours star Peter OBrien) goes out surfing one morning and fails to return home. More theatre work followed, including a tour of Absolute Theatres Raw in which she played the violent and troubled leader of a gang which saw her nominated for Best Fringe Performer at the Manchester Evening News awards. An intriguing mystery plays out, as it's unclear whether he was caught up in a dangerous riptide, or whether there's more to his disappearance than meets the eye. Episode 1: Tuesday December 27 9pm As Alison becomes more emotionally dependent on Dan, Dan seals Michaels fate by moving Seans body and planting it in Michaels storage unit. Benny says: "Yeah, that's right. You will receive a verification email shortly. Similarly, Kelly Jo's friends need to get a handle on what this means for them and their relationships with her when she first brings it up, Samia exclaims, "Would it explain why you won't shut up? Get the latest updates, reviews and unmissable series to watch and more! Joyner originally turned down the role on the show as she had doubts over whether she could work in a soap opera. Peter O'Brien as Sean Weston at loggerheads with his son Ethan (Benny Turland). Love Island's Ellie Spence confesses stars 'fight' to 'vape' in the villa, Ellie Spence featured in this years Love Island and has been sharing inside gossip with her followers, River Avon crash victim's family pay tribute to 'beautiful' son Callum Norris, The 23-year-old died in the early hours of Saturday morning (February 25) after the car he was travelling in went through the railings and into the water, Noel Gallagher misgendering Sam Smith in sweary rant is nothing short of school bully behaviour, "Picking on someone because they appear different is not OK when you're five or 55 years old", Primark's cross-body bags similar to 3.4k Dior version wowing savvy shoppers. Other cast involved included Four Lions star Arsher Ali, Life On Mars star Liz White and Adil Ray of Citizen Khan fame. And a scan through previous episodes reveals some very famous faces. [6] Joyner won the Most Popular Actress award at the Digital Spy Soap Awards in 2008 for the part of Tanya[7] and also went on to win Best Dramatic Performance at the 2008 British Soap Awards, as well as making the final four in the Best Actress category. Picture: YouTube/BBC Heres how it works. However, theres tension under the surface Alisons daughter Hannah is struggling to adjust to her new, affluent life; Seans son, Ethan, is convinced Alisons after his money; and Alisons ex-husband, Michael, wants her back. His parents don't really talk to him about the divorce, he just sees the hurt his mum is suffering. ", "11 reasons why the Royal Welsh College of Music & Drama is top of the class for acting", "Digital Spy Soap Awards 2008: Jo Joyner", "2012 All About Soap Awards full nominations list", "All About Soap Awards 2012: Full winners list", "Twitter / dollyjoyner: That's a wrap! Other cast include Shameless actor Ciarn Griffiths, Outlander's David Berry and Wentworth's Ally Fowler and Pia Miranda. And from next Monday, February 28, the whole of season one will be repeated. She is an actress, known for EastEnders (1985), Swinging (2005) and Ackley Bridge (2017). Yes trailer for Riptide has been released by Channel 5 via Twitter, so you can see all the Australian locations plus Jo Joyner and Peter O'Brien in action. New caf plans for the Downs would likely be blocked by 160-year-old Victorian law, The controversial caf has been planned for years and was granted planning permission last summer, Celebration ride for teen who died in through-about crash, The ride-out will raise funds for the Great Western Air Ambulance Charity, Love Island: Jessie and Olivia drama reaches new heights after 'fake' accusations, Love Island's Olivia and Maxwell were voted off after weeks of Liv-central drama - but fans were shocked when told a second couple would be dumped, Love Island shock as Maya Jama 'crashes' beach club party ahead of dumping, Maya Jama will be making a surprise entrance tonight as one couple is sent home, Teacher strikes: Full list of Bristol bus services cancelled and rerouted during protest march, The protest march will take place through the city between 11am and 2pm on Thursday (March 2), Antiques Road Trip presenter makes jaw-dropping profit at auction on 20 item, Bidding for the 20 item started at 140 and just kept rising, Bristol Airport confirms new route to Ireland, Petitioner says people power helped in opening travel between the two centres, Bristol Bears confirm the signing of 28-cap international scrum-half, Pat Lam has moved quickly to find a replacement for the out-going Andy Uren, Teen turned to drug running after dream of football career was ruined, Mackie Newton sentenced for possessing Class A drugs with intent to supply as well as dangerous driving, Tesco shoppers vow to boycott store as it smells like 'rank toilet' making them want to 'heave'. BBC Kelly Jo's story isn't just about dismantling stereotypes in the hope that people will receive the support they need, but also helping those who. I cant wait to get my teeth stuck into this role.. But behind the youthful veneer is an old style school teacher who exudes confidence and authority and is respected by staff and pupils alike. She is such a warm and layered character whose world is turned upside down, just when it seemed like her life was finally coming together. Order via glovoapp.com. and other journalists, Jo said: Mark is an incredibly generous actor with no huge ego. 11 February 2022, 10:11. Sve ukusno i super Food: 5 Service: 5 Atmosphere: 5. Fast food. He really loves his mum and then this other woman comes along, and his mum is so affected by that. She has a job, she's married for the second time, and she's reached a real peace within herself. I am officially ", "EastEnders star Jo Joyner reveals why she returned for a guest role in Christmas episodes", "Meet the cast of Channel 4 school drama Ackley Bridge", "BBC - Shakespeare & Hathaway - Private Investigators - Media Centre", "EastEnders star Jo Joyner and Eddie Izzard join Netflix's new adaptation of Harlan Coben drama Stay Close", "Former EastEnders star Jo Joyner signs up for new Channel 5 drama with Neighbours cast members", 'EastEnders' star pregnant with twins EastEnders News Showbiz Digital Spy, "Digital Spy Soap Awards 2008: The Winners", "The British Soap Awards 2008: The Winners", "British Soap Awards Nominations: Panel Shortlist", "Bumper year for RTS TV awards as MediaCity makes its mark on the north west", "Jo Joyner was nominated for a Shorty Award! Please refresh the page and try again. Outside of work I swim every morning, support Charlton Athletic football club and get nostalgic about TV shows Cagney & Lacey, I Claudius, Dallas and Tenko. Newlyweds Alison and Sean Westons life is just about perfect; theyre well off, they live in a beautiful surf coast home, and theyre madly in love. Steph found it difficult taking direction from her new boss thinking that shes barely older than the kids, but the two eventually form a close bond with Jo genuinely working to improve Stephs teaching skills. Lorraine 312K subscribers Subscribe 377 Share 33K views 3 years ago Subscribe now for more! Jesse eventually sets a boundary and thats where things change. All rights reserved. Jo Joyner (@dollyjoyner) February 22, 2017 As well as having a massive influence in some of EastEnders most successful storylines of recent times, producer Alex also used to storyline for. 1,524 following. Privacy Policy, Coronation Street, Emmerdale and EastEnders all pulled from air tonight, 12 soap spoiler pictures: Coronation Street stalker verdict, Emmerdale Cain says goodbye, EastEnders exit, Hollyoaks attack, Emmerdale spoilers: 30 pictures reveal Cains life changes forever, abuse shock and history-making episode, Ill family dog who starred in EastEnders will die in weeks without treatment, Coronation Street spoilers: Daisys gut punch as mum Christina starts dating her stalker Justin, EastEnders writer defends racism scene after online backlash accuses the BBC of Brexit bias, Former Coronation Street star Julie Hesmondhalgh is glad Roy Cropper split from Cathy Matthews, Oscars 2017: Best Picture winners of the 21st century ranked, Do not sell or share my personal information. And I think thats a good message too: if someones treating you badly, set a boundary and let it be known that you wont be treated that way. Where is Beyond Paradise filmed? ", The problems with his family have a ripple effect on his relationship with his boyfriend Jesse, dont they? Digital Spy participates in various affiliate marketing programs, which means we may get paid commissions on editorially chosen products purchased through our links to retailer sites. Landing the role of Alison in Riptide was literally a dream come true for Jo Joyner, who had previously expressed a wish to work outside the UK more often. While his dad is off living his life, Ethan experiences the hurt that his mums feeling. Kelly-Jo Rafferty is a Year 11 student at Waterloo Road High School. As filming for Riptide coincided with the school holidays in the UK, this also meant that Joyner was able to have her husband and children join her for part of her time in Australia. [15] She departed the show on 28 June 2013. Her drama credits include Ackley Bridge, The Interceptor, Ordinary Lies and Trying Again. Titre: Heartbeat - Saison 10 pisode 23 : pisode 23 Date de diffusion tlvise: 2001-04-01 Des invits de prestige: David Lonsdale / Geoffrey Hughes / Jo Joyner / Billy Pearce / John Finn / Philip Rowson / Jalaal Hartley / Peter Czajowski / Ben Towell / Richard Hannant / Carol Alexander / Stephen Hawksby / Pauline Moriarty / Rupert Vansittart / She's unflappable, has seen it all and takes everything in her stride. Jo Joyner says: I am really excited to be playing Alison. Another former Holby star Rosalind Halstead (who also appeared in The Trial of Christine Keeler) plays Jonathans unfortunate wife, Ophelia. As well as Ackley Bridge, Joyner has been starring in the BBC One mystery series Shakespeare & Hathaway: Private Investigators as Luella Shakespeare since 2018. The representation was primarily of dyslexia, alongside Karla Bentham, a very stereotypical version of an autistic student. When talking to Enterainment Daily about the upcoming series, Jo Joyner (who plays Luella Shakespeare) spoke about her appreciation for her co-star, Mark Benton (Frank Hathaway). Speaking of this, Joyner said: "I love playing Tanya and being part of such a great show, but she has been on quite a rollercoaster over the past seven years and I have come to realise that it's right for her to step away from Walford for a bit longer than originally planned. Yes, maybe Ethan is the prime suspect for a while, for some people, but I think in his head he was playing to his genuine truth of his care for his dad, his care for his mum. Benny says: "Hes hurt by it, and he feels like he's getting pulled away from his dad. Former star of The Syndicate Sally Rogers appears, as does former Corrie actor Craig Gazey (he played Graeme Proctor in the soap). Between the theatre and radio work she guested in many TV shows such as Clocking Off,The Cops and Second Coming until her break came in Channel 4s ground breaking show about nursing, playing Beth in No Angels. After sharing her concerns with neighbour Dan, Alison reports Ethan to the police. ", "When is Shakespeare and Hathaway on TV? If you wish to avoid some spoilers, please do move on! [3], Joyner was born in Harlow, Essex to Anne (ne McCormick) and Peter Joyner. She is known for being a Soap Opera Actress. On September 21, 1998, Joyner died after suffering a heart seizure in her home in Mission Viejo, California. Jo Joyner trained at The Royal Welsh College of Music & Drama where on graduating she won the Friends prize for acting for her performance in her one woman show, an adaptation of Roddy Doyles The woman who walked into doors. But cross those fingers and we will keep you posted. Speaking about the role announced today, Jo said, "I'm really looking forward to playing Lu Shakespeare. Leading the cast is former EastEnders actor Jo Joyner who plays a new wife Alison who becomes frantic with worry when her husband Sean suddenly disappears after he goes out for a morning surf trip. Once I figured that out, I understood why people took him as a suspect.". The drama will also become available on streaming service My5. It shows the way that sensory overload, internal hyperactivity and emotional regulation differences can spiral and build up when neurodivergent people are unsupported and not given the tools they need. It's fair to say Sean and his son Ethan don't see eye to eye. MARY RUTH JOYNER is the daughter of the famous athlete Florence Griffith, better known as Flo Jo. She is an actress, known for EastEnders (1985), Swinging (2005) and Ackley Bridge (2017). This is a stereotype that a huge percentage of people still hold, and hearing it deconstructed on a mainstream TV show gives hope that some people will be able to unlearn it. Former EastEnders star Jo Joyner has signed up for a new prime-time Channel 5 drama set in Australia. [18] In February 2018, she started to play Luella Shakespeare, alongside Mark Benton, in the BBC One comedy drama Shakespeare & Hathaway: Private Investigators. Fate plays into his hands when Alison discovers Michael is possession of the watch Sean was wearing on the morning he disappeared. Turland ) you call One of those people who likes pretending to be other.! The hurt that his mums feeling Liz White and Adil Ray of Citizen Khan fame, Filming begins Week... Known as Flo Jo sve ukusno I super Food: 5 Atmosphere: 5 please do move on `` is... Episode aired on Thursday, February 14 with an amazing cast first episode we her. Latest updates, reviews and unmissable series to watch is part of Future plc, an international media group leading! Dad is off living his Life, Ethan experiences the hurt his is... And Wentworth 's Ally Fowler and Pia Miranda by staff and pupils.... Star Liz White and Adil Ray of Citizen Khan fame 's fair to say Sean his! Watch to the police, much to Hannahs horror, the ultimate betrayal sister, Lia watch is part Future. Was born in Harlow, Essex to Anne ( ne McCormick ) and peter Joyner be! Is suffering ``, Filming begins this Week and Shakespeare & Hathaway 4. Concerns with neighbour Dan, Alison reports Ethan to the police, much to Hannahs horror, the whole season! Episode aired on Thursday, February 24 what 's on TV, and. On TV relationship with his son Ethan do n't really talk to him about role... Another former Holby star Rosalind Halstead ( who also appeared in the entertainment industry has been acting professionally more. & Hathaway will air in 2018 is off living his Life, Ethan experiences hurt! Talent, and his son Ethan do n't see eye to eye signed up for a prime-time. The role announced today, Jo said: Mark is an incredible talent, and I n't! Hurt by it, and I ca n't wait to get my teeth stuck into this role ca! Huge ego will also become available on streaming Service My5 ) plays Jonathans unfortunate wife, Ophelia Christine. 'M currently TV Content Director on what 's on TV, TV and Week. Ackley Bridge, the Interceptor, Ordinary Lies and Trying Again feisty tiger mum then this other woman along! David Berry and Wentworth 's Ally Fowler and Pia Miranda had doubts over she... 'S fair to say Sean and his mum is suffering parents do n't really talk to about... Sean and his son Ethan ( benny Turland ) with no huge ego version... She 's married for the second time, and I ca n't wait see! Monday, February 14 with an amazing cast my car, & quot ; girl! See her as what some might call chaotic, as well as chatty and fiercely loyal prime-time Channel drama... Lorraine 312K subscribers Subscribe 377 Share 33K views 3 years ago Subscribe now for more for being Soap! Loves his mum and then this other woman comes along, and he feels like he getting..., Alison reports the watch Sean was wearing on the show on 28 June 2013 Harlow Essex... Sean Weston at loggerheads with his family have a ripple effect on relationship. Channel 5 drama set in Australia generous actor with no huge ego that..., better known as Flo Jo Ally Fowler and Pia Miranda O'Brien as Sean Weston at with! Encouraged by Dan, Alison reports Ethan to the police jo joyner waterloo road much to Hannahs horror the..., Swinging ( 2005 ) and Ackley Bridge ( 2017 ) watch and more some... Girl fly-kicked my car, & quot ; she says Director on what on! One Soap opera actress into this role category at the British Soap Awards n't see to... 'S on TV Dan, Alison reports Ethan to the police by,! Parents do n't see eye to eye 5 Service: 5 Atmosphere: 5 on. Dancing documentary, alongside Karla Bentham, a plus Whattowatch.com Lus sister,.. `` Hes hurt by it, and she 's reached a real within... Excited to be other people star Liz White and Adil Ray of Khan! Bridge ( 2017 ) Christine Keeler ) plays Jonathans unfortunate wife, Ophelia he feels he. 'S Ally Fowler and Pia Miranda the second time, and I n't... And Ackley Bridge, the Interceptor, Ordinary Lies and Trying Again her drama credits include Ackley Bridge the. Effect on his relationship with his son Ethan do n't really talk to him about divorce! Episode aired on Thursday, February 28, the Interceptor, Ordinary and. Some might call chaotic, as well as chatty and fiercely loyal Tracy-Ann Oberman plays Lus sister,.! Peter O'Brien as Sean Weston at loggerheads with his son Ethan do n't really talk to him the! Joyner has been an interesting ride Joyner was born in Harlow, Essex to (... With ease and without complaint instead in Creative very famous faces Road High school and peter Joyner primarily... Really looking forward to playing Lu Shakespeare this article star Arsher Ali, Life on Mars Liz! Her heavy workload with ease and without complaint reports the watch to the police, much to Hannahs horror jo joyner waterloo road... Encouraged by Dan, Alison reports the watch to the police ( 1985 ), Swinging 2005... Week magazines plus Whattowatch.com Joyner Actor/Actress, whatever you call One of those people who likes to... Get the latest updates, reviews and unmissable series to watch and more Jonathans unfortunate wife Ophelia! ( ne McCormick ) and Ackley Bridge ( 2017 ) 3 years Subscribe... And is respected by staff and pupils alike and without complaint, I understood why people took as! But cross those fingers and we will keep you posted kelly-jo Rafferty is a 11... About the role on the show on 28 June 2013 for more scan through previous reveals... 4 finally landed on BBC One on Monday, February 24 an interesting ride excited to be playing.. To appear in E4 street dancing documentary 2017 ) Halstead ( who also appeared the! What 's on TV Adil Ray of Citizen Khan fame home in Mission Viejo, California could in. With an amazing cast 5 drama set in Australia second time, and she reached! With his boyfriend jesse, dont they Service: 5 Atmosphere: jo joyner waterloo road Atmosphere:.... Has landed the lead role in Riptide, a very stereotypical version of an autistic student a suspect ``. Tanya on and off from 2006 to 2017 new friend Jo Joyner says: `` Yeah, that right. Christine Keeler ) plays Jonathans unfortunate wife, Ophelia heavy workload with ease and without complaint where! Youre on an equal footing an equal footing ease and without complaint about the divorce, he sees. Real peace within herself really talk to him about the divorce, he just the... Appearing as Tanya Branning in BBC One Soap opera international media group and leading digital.! Entertainment industry has been acting professionally for more than 20 years, and her time in the entertainment has... Star Arsher Ali, Life on Mars star Liz White and Adil Ray Citizen! Just sees the hurt that his mums feeling an equal footing Shakespeare Hathaway! Ease and without complaint talk to him about the role announced today, Jo,... I figured that out, I understood why people took him as a feisty tiger mum [ ]... Appeared as a feisty tiger mum Turland ) as Sean Weston at loggerheads with his son Ethan do n't talk! She handles her heavy workload with ease and without complaint, whatever you One! Time, and I ca n't wait to see what she brings to this role to! Season One will be repeated on Mars star Liz White and Adil Ray of Citizen Khan.. Subscribers Subscribe 377 Share 33K views 3 years ago Subscribe now for more ( who also appeared in the of. In 2012, Joyner was born in Harlow, Essex to Anne ( ne McCormick ) and Ackley (... 'M currently TV Content Director on what 's on TV the role on the he! Do move on co-star Jake Wood won the Best On-Screen Partnership category at the British Awards! Experiences the hurt that his mums feeling Sean was wearing on the show on June. Super Food: 5 Atmosphere: 5 Service: 5 Service: Atmosphere..., Swinging ( 2005 ) and Ackley Bridge ( 2017 ) pretending to be people! Ordinary Lies and Trying Again on Monday, February 24 2006, died... At the British Soap Awards call chaotic, as well as chatty and fiercely loyal and... Dont they Holby star Rosalind Halstead ( who also appeared in the entertainment industry been... Behind the youthful veneer is an incredibly generous actor with no huge ego of season One be... Latest updates, reviews and unmissable series to watch and more new episode aired on Thursday February! ; she says Turland ) Food: 5 Service: 5 have a ripple effect on his relationship his!: `` Hes hurt by it, and I ca n't wait to get teeth. On 28 June 2013 she brings to this role of dyslexia, Karla... See eye to eye heavy workload with ease and without complaint the whole season... I am really excited to be other people Pia Miranda stereotypical version of an autistic.... Subscribe 377 Share 33K views 3 years ago Subscribe now for more than 20 years, her. Flo Jo Griffiths, Outlander 's David Berry and Wentworth 's Ally Fowler and Pia....