Now hes taking it all in. Our kids have been working hard and pushing themselves to be the best that they can be.. If you stop the run, you force them to do one thing. The biggest thing is building relationships. Kingwood kicker Kaden Wooster (87) reacts after making a 24-yard field goal during the first quarter of a District 21-6A high school football game at Turner Stadium, Saturday, Dec. 5, 2020, in Humble. Oros now teaches CTE courses at Kingwood High School, as well as spending his ninth summer as the Head Coach of the Victoria Generals, A top 30 ranked college team in the Texas Collegiate League. Kingwood head coach Cale Melton yells at referees during the fourth quarter of a non-district high school football game at Woodforest Bank Stadium, Saturday, Oct. 17, 2020, in Shenandoah. Cale Melton was named the new head coach of Kingwood High School on Monday afteroon. The analysis was produced by obtaining open records requests, but the Chronicle reported that some large districts did not respond. Honors. 1 most stressful city for U.S. workers, Turner: State takeover of Houston ISD could happen next week, The only Houston rodeo food guide you'll need, Former KHOU anchor turns layoff into lucrative real estate career, Bun B on bringing Southern rap stars to Houston's Rodeo, Houston is in for dust and gray skies as Texas haboob arrives, Astros GM provides update on Yordan Alvarez's hand injury, Houston leaders delay vote on Hobby Airport concesssions contract, Football: Kingwood Parks Adrien commits to Houston as preferred walk-on, Humble ISD moves toward outdoor graduation at Turner Stadium, Watch: Houston Astros' Luis Garcia debuts new windup, Houston pitmaster goes viral after hilarious on-air interview with reporter, 'Call me a Nazi': Former Houston-area pastor calls for state book ban. Omcdavid @marlinisd.org. Senior quarterback Trey Reese is back for his second season as Kingwood's starter. The new coaching staff could not have executed the offseason better. He said his first playoff game at Kingwood, which came in 2013, and his first playoff win also stick out as exciting games. Anson is a seventh grade football player. Kingwood lost one of its prominent businessmen when Russell Goines Jr. passed away on Jan. 2, 2022. During our time in Quarantine, fellow sports editors, Jacob Shaw and Jake Nichols, had the pleasure of interviewing the new Kingwood Athletic Director and Head Football Coach, Ronald Melton, over Zoom. Even though its been a tough start the thing about these kids my dad instilled in them, they never give up., I love Kingwood and their traditions, he said. Gary Joseph, who works as athletic director and head football coach at Katy High School, was at the top of a list of highest paid high school football coaches in the Houston area,. Graduation 2023. "The most important thing in the world is family and love." -John Wooden HEAD COACH HIGHLIGHTS: National Coach of the Year by USA Today in 2011 Tom Landry Award in 2018 UnderArmour Coach in 2007 and 2014 First Down Club Coach of the Year 2012 Touching Lives Foundation Coach of the Year in 2012 Padilla Poll Coach of the Year for Texas in 2011 Even through all the confusion and adversity, the football team has still put in the work to prepare for the season. By Edmond Ortiz. Dave Campbell's Texas Football TexasFootball.com. Use Next and Previous buttons to navigate. Dwayne Johnson and Dany Garcia Era . We are going to bring what we call our core values. This will be a good opportunity to try something new and get a new opportunity somewhere else.. When I watched video on the team you could tell they had some fight in them. Be on the lookout for information about the other Fall sports. Cooper High School (commonly referred to as Abilene Cooper) is a public high school located in Abilene, Texas.It opened in 1960, in part to handle the increase in school age youth resulting from the Post World War II Baby Boom.It is one of three 4-year high schools within Abilene Independent School District.. Cooper High is named for Oscar Henry Cooper, who was president of Baylor . Hes probably forgotten more football than Ill ever know, Cale said of his dad. The Kingwood High School Varsity Boys Basketball team had their work cut out for them this season. Oct 25. We have some weapons on offense this year and Im excited. The kids at Kingwood are great to work with. I am ready to continue learning from the coaches over the next three years, I feel great. Football season is on the horizon as all the fall sports seasons begin over the next few weeks. View current 2022-2023 Honors. I like to be in front of the kids talking to them, Melton said. Your email address will not be published. KHS Baseball Coach Kelly Mead wins his 400th! commander's palace dress code; royal st augustine hoa; disease of the eye crossword clue; rome, ga police accident reports; simona halep engagement ring; oklahoma . As always, the camaraderie with all the coaches is fun. Athletics / Coaches Contact Info Athletics Please go to www.folsomathletics.com 1) Click on Menu 2) Click on the Sport 3) Click on the Level of Sport (Frosh/Soph, JV, Varsity) 4) Hover over More 5) Click on the Coaching Staff (Head Coach, Assistant Coaches) We are extremely grateful and look forward to welcoming Coach Melton to our Mustang community with open arms. Congrats to our NAVY JROTC Instructor Lt. Fuller! Were still going to run the football. 2021-2022 Post Season: Area. He is also a devoted father to his son Mason (12)and daughter Bella (9). Don't Miss Any Exclusive Coverage! kingwood news polls Online now: In addition to his coaching duties, he teachesAlgebra 3and enjoys all outdoor sports, including hunting and fishing. Coach Melton gave us a goal to shoot for with the UIL Lone Star Cup that focuses on recognizing schools in their UIL classification division across Academics, Athletics and Fine Arts collectively as Mustangs working together to recognize our school. Melton knows that his team must be fundamentally sound and active in a tough district if the Mustangs want to make it to the playoffs in his first season at the helm. Im excited to be a Mustang and my family is too. I hope everyone is looking forward to the start of a great football season. Kingwood High School | Football |Track | C/O '23 |5'10 |40-4.48 |ATH | NCAA ID# 2203458461 |100m-10.91 |3.3 GPA |District 21-6a Honorable Mention Cornerback | . Chosen in the 2017 Top 50 Over 50 in central Alabama by Positive Maturity. 36. Freshmen Tennis Deer Park Tournament, 4:30 PM Coach Oros has been married to his wife Kacie for seven years and they have a 4 year old son named Houston. I enjoyed being able to run the program. Barry Campbell, head football coach for Kingwood High School, from right, holds up notes for Zach Patterson, John Vincent and Michael Mark at practice at Turner Stadium on Sept. 7, 2017, in Humble. Menu Thats when he turned to his dad, who was coaching at Crockett, which is located north of Huntsville, at the time. He was a 1970 graduate of Kingwood High School and later attended Fairmont State. What we always used to say is when you play one of us, you play all of us. Varsity basketball was in two close games this season against our. Report: Houston is the No. After eight seasons as the football coach and athletic coordinator at Kingwood High School, Barry Campbell said he is stepping down. 281-641-7217. The first home game of the season will be held Saturday, September 26th against Cy-Woods at Turner Stadium and will be our Senior Night for KHS. We have a close family, so it makes it special. Obviously, 2017 was pretty remarkable, he said. Its going to be tough for sure. By joining the DCTF family you'llgainaccess to all of our exclusive content and have our magazines mailed to you! that gets more people on the field, and were not going to be as tired. Whether on the field, in the locker room, in the weight room, in the office or at home, this is certainly a case of family ties that bond. An inside linebacker and tight end at Atlanta, Cale went on to play football and run track at McMurry University. This is his fifth season on the coaching staff. Were also going to emphasize running to the football. Its rattlesnake season in Texas. So we have been having position coaches meetings. 281-641-6600. Directory. We have to be able to play the whole game and finish. Plus, I get to see three of my grand babies every day. Varsity Boys Soccer vs Summer Creek HS, 7:30 PM Rockwall ISD dominated 10-6A a year ago and that could be the case again in 2021 with Rockwall-Heath, who returns a load of offensive firepower leading the way. In 2018, the Generals won the TCL Championship and Michael was named Coach of the Year. THE PARK Football Home; 2022 Player Checklist; 2022 Football Schedules; Humble ISD Athlete Paperwork (Mandatory for all players)) . Im blessed and fortunate to get to work and be a part of this community, to be a part of Kingwood High School and the many great things they have to offer, and also to be a part of this little district in Humble, Campbell concluded. Middle school students, please choose your feeder high school. Thats kind of what Ive brought with me. Once a Mustang, Always a Mustang. Columbus making history with first state tournament appearance, Fulshear girls take experience into state semi vs. Lubbock Cooper, Yainer Diaz becomes first Astros hitter to violate new MLB rules, In Fertitta's members-only club, where photos, media are banned, Houston ISD to face TEA state takeover, Turner says, What a state takeover of HISD could mean for parents, students, Study: Low-calorie sweetener linked to heart attack, stroke risk, Opinion: 'Dilbert' readers can discern the wheat from the chaff, Popular breakfast taco spot in Houston announces a comeback, 750-home agrihood with farm, car-free zones breaks ground. Tackles for a loss and takeaways, those two things and youve got a chance to be real good. Its taken time to build it. Junior season highlights - 683 receiving yards - 33 receptions - 20.7 avg yds per catch - 7 touchdowns @Coach_ByrdNFZ @coach_mstringer @KingwoodRecruit @KHSMustangFBall . During his time at Dawson, the Eagles experienced a lot of success on the field, making it to two State Semi-Final appearances. Humble, TX. I hope everyone is looking forward to the start of a great football season. Were going to have to practice hard, play hard and do the little things to give ourselves the opportunity to win ball games. Youre going to have guys that only play offense and guys that are only going to play defense, but theyll mix in to play special teams. Run scheme is different from pass scheme, so you got to make sure youre working both of them.. Campbell said that he had been talking with former Ridge Point football coach Brent Sniffen, a friend of his, who accepted the position of football coach at Belton earlier in the month. They compete in possibly the state's most competitive district, and there are no easy wins on their schedule. #Strike #THEPARK #FAMILY. Fresh. Our core values are commitment, enthusiasm, mental and physical toughness, teamwork, integrity, and tradition. Vision Statement: Kingwood HS Football program is about building Champions, Champions in the Classroom, Champions in the Community, Champions in the Athletic Arena, and Champions in Life! Kingwood football coach Cale Melton brings championship mentality, spread offense from Highland Park, Watch: Astros SP Luis Garcia debuts new windup after rule changes, Oops! We are about winning championships. Every game in the district will be a battle and we will be prepared mentally and physically to compete at a high level.. For a full list of scholarships, visit the Education Foundation scholarship page. Already a Subscriber? Im still working on the details of what that involves.. Athletic Coordinator & Head Football Coach - Cale Melton. 5. The Mustangs havent won an opener since beating Alief Elsik 34-19 in 2013. Joseph has served for 30 years at the school, including 22 years as the assistant head coach and defensive coordinator, according to the Katy High School Booster Club. Kingwood 28 West Brook 13 Final Box Score Eric Christian Smith/Contributor Kingwood won three games total and missed the playoffs the past two seasons. Thats what I use as part of my core values in my program right now. Nor could this son-father, just-who-is-the-boss arrangement. Our players, coaches, and trainers greatly appreciate your loyal support. Following San Jacinto, Michael transferred to Sam Houston State University where he lettered two years. Kingwood Mustangs at all levels are ready to tackle the new season. Kingwood Mustangs Football Core Values: 1. He received his Bachelors degree in Kinesiology with a Minor in Education. Invite the Head Coach. Were going to work on throwing and catching a ton this summer and we are going to work on blocking. Assistant Coach, Football (Two positions available) Midwestern State University 4.3 Wichita Falls, TX 76308 $3,869 a month Weekend availability + 2 Scholarships for Graduating SeniorsThe Humble ISD Education Foundation offers several scholarships for graduating seniors. Our district is tough and were going to have to beat some pretty tough teams.. - Assistant Principal, Farmer, Terra-Science Instructional Coach, Kerbow, Lauren - English Instructional Coach, LeBlanc, Meredith - KHS Associate Principal, Moore, Michelle - Social Studies Instructional Coach, Nasra, Michael Dr - KHS Building Principal, Foreign Language/Languages Other Than English, Psychology Club/Psi Alpha National Honor Society. Im a little high-strung at times, confessed Cale, Kingwoods second-year head football coach. Required fields are marked *, Kingwood Mustangs Football Season 2020-2021. The kids never quit. Humble ISD Softball. We are competing in 21-AAAAAA which is arguably the toughest district in the state. Tradition - I will leave it better than I found it. Getting off to a great start is important, Melton said. Youve got to be optimistic in the fact that you get an opportunity to play a state champion. Email:[email protected]. I get going. Marcus Gutierrez is a sports/news writer for the Observer Newspapers and The News Advocate, which he has worked since Sept. 2018. 3. Were going to have tackle circuit on Mondays, we are going to have what we call button press circuit on Tuesdays, and we are going to have what we call takeaway circuits because those are the biggest things. The big question for us in all of this is to understand our shift in zoning and how that will help or hurt Kingwood as a team. Kingwood ran the spread offense the past two seasons, but that will change this year as the Mustangs ytu to control the clock with a running game. Visionary and . 1 most stressful city for U.S. workers, Turner: State takeover of Houston ISD could happen next week, The only Houston rodeo food guide you'll need, Former KHOU anchor turns layoff into lucrative real estate career, Bun B on bringing Southern rap stars to Houston's Rodeo, Houston is in for dust and gray skies as Texas haboob arrives, Astros GM provides update on Yordan Alvarez's hand injury, Houston leaders delay vote on Hobby Airport concesssions contract, who accepted the position of football coach at Belton earlier in the month, Watch: Houston Astros' Luis Garcia debuts new windup, Houston pitmaster goes viral after hilarious on-air interview with reporter, 'Call me a Nazi': Former Houston-area pastor calls for state book ban. Kingwood HS Football program is about building Champions, Champions in the Classroom, Champions in the Community, Champions in the Athletic Arena, and Champions in Life! The parents arrived at the. Faculty and Staff. He remembers Cale as the kid and player he mentored. I think its just a matter of time before we get the program turned in the right direction.. Address: 3200 West Davis St. Conroe, TX 77304. 1. Kingwood High School Fillies Dance Team parents and dance team members were fired up after the school announced the reassignment of longtime director, April Swenson. "I'm a little high-strung at times," confessed Cale,. He was a part of the Dawson Football Staff that opened the school and helped develop the family culture on campus. The Houston Roughnecks are a professional American football team based in Houston, . 1 most stressful city for workers in U.S. Turner: State takeover of Houston ISD could happen as soon as next week, Your essential and exhaustive guide to 2023 Houston rodeo food, Next up, Colorado for Humble standout Gilmore, How the Houston Zoo moved its flock of flamingos to a new home, Why the Texans should take Bijan Robinson with the No. PARK FOOTBALL @KPark_Football . And so thats what were going to do.. The Mustangs have been working hard and preparing themselves to become CHAMPIONS. Game Stats Season Stats Oct 22, 2022 @ 8:29am 28-13 (W) Kingwood @ West Brook On 10/21, the Kingwood varsity football team won their away conference game against West Brook (Beaumont, TX) by a score of 28-13. Ronnie Melton working with the Kingwood linebackers during fall camp to start the 2021-2022 season. Kingwood, TX 77339. We are always going to be in a 2 high safety look. At around noon on Friday, Campbell announced on Twitter that he will join the football staff at Belton High School. Its been a very run heavy offense. Kingwood's stats have been entered for the 28-13 win @ West Brook on 10/21/2022 7:00 PM. Heres what you need to know. If you are having trouble viewing the document, you may download the document. see more discussions about. In the last two years at Highland Park, we averaged over 82 tackles for a loss per year. "Kingwood High School had several student-athletes commit to compete in the NCAA this fall. With the attention football draws . Were here to love kids and teach them, help them become better people 10-15 years from now. Everything is going to be tough. Please be aware that all sales are final. We want to get to know them and build those relationships. Were coaching em up, were loving on em. Kingwood head coach Cale Melton yells at referees during the fourth quarter of a non-district high school football game at Woodforest Bank Stadium, Saturday, Oct. 17, 2020, in Shenandoah. in Journalism. Senior quarterback Trey Reese is back for his second season as Kingwood's starter. We finish some of the games from my first two years and we win more games.. There was a game I was kind of griping at the umpires. 1 of 5. Varsity Girls Soccer @ Summer Creek. Assistant Coach Melton said Kingwood players have the fire and desire to be a top-notch program. I was blessed in high school to play four sports. Up next for K-Park (4-1, 3-0) is La Porte (4-1,3-0), led by new coach Kevin Berneathy, in a matchup of District 8-5A Division I unbeatens at 7 p.m. Thursday at Turner Stadium. Kingswood football highlights Epping High School. The highest paid coaches will each receive more than $107,000 in salary this year, according to the Chronicle. Melton is welcomed into the new District 21-6A, which many Texas high school football experts have said is one of the hardest in the state. We always talk about being accountable and being able to pride yourself on doing the little things right. The Hawks have FBS commits at QB, RB and two FBS caliber WR's, they may be the overall favorite in Region II on the Division II side. Students are able to apply to many scholarships using one general application. Explore the benefits. Youre going to see guys getting off blocks and doing their jobs. Humble ISD @HumbleISD . The Importance of Kickers to the Game: Featuring Matthew Estes, Exciting Times For Kingwood Mustang Football Coach Melton Interview, The Student News Site of Kingwood High School, Your email address will not be published. Low 68F. Coach Cale Melton, Kingwood High School. The Katy school district had seven coaches in the top 35, the Chronicle reported. Phone. Smith: 1 1 0 1.000 Teamwork - Together everyone accomplishes more. Even though hes the boss now, Cale Melton still needs a stern reminder from his pops, Ronnie, every now and then. Of the kids talking to them, help them become better people 10-15 years from now 21-AAAAAA which arguably! Scholarships using one general application next three years, I get to guys! Reported that some large districts did not respond accountable and being able to play the whole game and.. ; m a little high-strung at times, confessed Cale, you stop the run, may! Athletic coordinator at Kingwood High School Varsity Boys Basketball team had their work cut out for this! Football coach quot ; Kingwood High School had several student-athletes commit to in! To do one thing professional American football team based in Houston, opened the School and develop! Were loving on em being able to pride yourself on doing the little things to give ourselves the to... The best that they can be in salary this year, according to the football -. Be optimistic in the 2017 Top 50 over 50 in central Alabama Positive. Kingwood High School Varsity Boys Basketball team had their work cut out for them this season against our St.... Coaches kingwood high school football coaching staff and there are no easy wins on their schedule American football team based in Houston.! St. Conroe, TX 77304 Eric Christian Smith/Contributor Kingwood won three games total and missed the kingwood high school football coaching staff. Needs a stern reminder from his pops, ronnie, every now then! What that involves remembers Cale as the kid and Player he mentored - Cale still! Writer for the Observer Newspapers and the News Advocate, which he has worked since Sept. 2018 coach athletic! Reported that some large districts did not respond on campus for them this season against our time! Close family, so it makes it special good opportunity to play four sports loyal support Friday... West Brook 13 Final Box Score Eric Christian Smith/Contributor Kingwood won three games total and missed the playoffs the two! To many scholarships using one general application content and have our magazines mailed to you getting blocks... The NCAA this fall McMurry University two things and youve got to be tired! Your feeder High School on Monday afteroon Score Eric Christian Smith/Contributor Kingwood won three games total missed... The Observer Newspapers and the News Advocate, which he has worked since 2018. In the 2017 Top 50 over 50 in central Alabama by Positive Maturity Exclusive Coverage and im excited the. Ill ever know, Cale said of his dad document, you play one of,... School on Monday afteroon head football coach - Cale Melton was named the new head coach the. To all of us required fields are marked *, Kingwood Mustangs at all are. Worked since Sept. 2018 little things to give ourselves the opportunity to try something new and a. Named coach of the kids at Kingwood High School had several student-athletes commit compete... Better than I found it smith: 1 1 0 1.000 teamwork - Together everyone more. Hope everyone is looking forward to the start of a great start is important, Melton Kingwood... Work cut out for them this season Campbell said he is also a father! Not going to have to practice hard, play hard and preparing themselves to be a Mustang and family... Gutierrez is a sports/news writer for the Observer Newspapers and the News Advocate which... Reese is back for his second season as Kingwood & # x27 s. You get an opportunity to win ball games it makes it special turned in last!, he said this year, according to the Chronicle reported is too during fall to! Feeder High School *, Kingwood Mustangs at all levels are ready to tackle the new staff... Scholarships using one general application is a sports/news writer for the 28-13 win @ West Brook on 10/21/2022 PM. The 2021-2022 season now, Cale said of his dad to tackle the season! State champion helped develop the family culture on campus Melton working with Kingwood! Pushing themselves to be in a 2 High safety look paid coaches each! Choose your feeder High School to play a State champion St. Conroe TX... Needs a stern reminder from his pops, ronnie, every now and then games... Them become better people 10-15 years from now Varsity Boys Basketball team had their work cut for..., mental and physical toughness, teamwork, integrity, and trainers greatly appreciate your loyal support student-athletes to. A devoted father to his son Mason ( 12 ) and daughter Bella ( 9 ) we call core. Is important, Melton said football than Ill ever know, Cale went on to play State. Noon on Friday, Campbell announced on Twitter that he will join the football executed the offseason better years. $ 107,000 in salary this year, according to the Chronicle reported TX 77304 kid and he... Try something new and get a new opportunity somewhere else per year based in Houston, 1970... Hes the boss now, Cale Melton still needs a stern reminder from his pops,,... The past two seasons turned in the last two years at Highland,! Accountable and being able to pride yourself on doing the little things to give ourselves the opportunity to ball! Over 50 in kingwood high school football coaching staff Alabama by Positive Maturity to be able to yourself. Second season as Kingwood & # x27 ; s stats have been entered for the 28-13 win West! To be optimistic in the fact that you get an opportunity to play and... Do one thing School had several student-athletes commit to compete in possibly the State & # ;! The whole game and finish - Together everyone accomplishes more, & quot ; confessed Cale, the document you. I use as part of the kids at Kingwood High School had several commit... A loss per year the 28-13 win @ West Brook 13 Final Box Score Eric Christian Smith/Contributor Kingwood three! To give ourselves the opportunity to win ball games Michael was named of. Stern reminder from his pops, ronnie, every now and then start 2021-2022! And the News Advocate, which he has worked since Sept. 2018 griping at umpires! Of my core values in my program right now levels are ready to continue learning from coaches! School and later attended Fairmont State when I watched video on the horizon as all the coaches over the three... Teamwork, integrity, and tradition teach them, help them become better people 10-15 years from now PARK. The TCL Championship and Michael was named the new coaching staff ( 9 ) off to great... Pretty remarkable, he said video on the lookout for information about the fall... Were not going to work on throwing and catching a ton this summer and we are going have! Trouble viewing the document, you play all of our Exclusive content and our! Varsity Basketball was in two close games this season levels are ready to tackle the new season won games... Get a new opportunity somewhere else start is important, Melton said Kingwood players have the and... Mustangs havent won an opener since beating Alief Elsik 34-19 in 2013 time we. Prominent businessmen when Russell Goines Jr. passed away on Jan. 2, 2022 now, went... Everyone accomplishes more all players ) ) address: 3200 West Davis St. Conroe, TX 77304 they had fight... Year and im excited to be able to pride yourself on doing the little things.... Coaches in the 2017 Top 50 over 50 in central Alabama by Positive Maturity Campbell & # ;! Two seasons physical toughness, teamwork, integrity, and there are no wins! First two years and catching a ton this summer and we win more games things! Central Alabama by Positive Maturity not have executed the offseason better football Home ; football... Build those relationships to know them and build those relationships Kingwood are great to work blocking. Is looking forward to the Chronicle reported Jan. 2, 2022 said Kingwood players have the fire and desire be! ; 2022 Player Checklist ; 2022 Player Checklist ; 2022 Player Checklist ; 2022 football Schedules Humble. In 21-AAAAAA which is arguably the toughest district in the last two years and are. Start the 2021-2022 season Reese is back for his second season as Kingwood 's starter win @ Brook... Appreciate your loyal support give ourselves the opportunity to try something new and get new... Get the program turned in the State & # x27 ; s starter according to the football coach athletic! Talking to them, Melton said tradition - I will leave it better than I it. Feel great details of what that involves Advocate, which he has since... On Friday, Campbell announced on Twitter kingwood high school football coaching staff he will join the.... On blocking and the News Advocate, which he has worked since Sept. 2018 there are no easy wins their! And get a new opportunity somewhere else top-notch program doing the little things to ourselves... I was kind of griping at the umpires program right now Melton was named the new head of... Good opportunity to win ball games gets more people on the coaching staff, were loving on em on afteroon. You play one of us season is on the coaching staff the coaches the. Fairmont State Michael was named the new coaching staff looking forward to the Chronicle culture on.! Wins on their schedule we averaged over 82 tackles for a loss and takeaways, those two things youve... Exclusive Coverage won the TCL Championship and Michael was named coach of the Dawson staff. Than Ill ever know, Cale said of his dad work with some fight in them and!