I told them I had to use the bathroom and I went as I was peeing the hand dryer turns on and on the ladies bathroom so does the sink as I heard both of them at the same time I ran out there like no tomorrow. I worked for the park for 3 seasons, in that time I was working the exit ramp of the wildcat while a human chain was walking the lake to get the drowning victims body which was very sad, seeing him carried out of the water was unsettling, In my second and 3rd season I was one of the main operators of the brand new Boulderdash, one morning I went into work to find my ride closed, when I walked up I found out an employee had been wearing headphones while landscaping under the coasters low clearance ending, and did n. Not hear the loud test alarms going off while lifting his head between the tracks. I will be keeping a closer eye on what the ride ops are doing as well. Another version has Compound killing himself when he realized he hadnt gotten fair value for the land, while yet another suggests his own tribe murdered him in retaliation for giving away their sacred ground. I have grown up going to Lake Compounce and have been affected by 4 of these unfortunate happenings. Always that same music. If You Go: Lake Compounce is located in Bristol, and chances are if youve grown up in Connecticut, youve probably already been there! A tree branch breaking and falling on a mother and child. In between the Skyride and Thunder river there is a pathway with a little bridge for us to cut in between the 2 rides. 19962023 Ultimate Rollercoaster, LLC. The boy She told me no the event had closed for the night, and it was quiet time. But Ruiz said the park is generally good about safety, and DeJesus, the ride operator, said the rules are "real strict" in his department. He looked like he wanted them to share with him or even notice him I just thought the kids were being kids and thought it rude of them. 5K Likes, 303 Comments. About Us I won 100 to 25. ExperiencesMost of the experiences reported at LC come from employees. some people are lucky to witness these things. But they didnt die because the park is haunted! The Yo-Yo features swings which rotate about a central column that lifts and tilts. . They didnt do anything. WebLake Compounce offers fun special days and seasonal events all year long! The park paid a $14,000 fine to OSHA in connection with Martinezs death, a penalty lower than it might have been because of what the agency called managements commitment to go above and beyond the agencys standards. OSHA imposed a separate $7,000 fine against the park in Matthew Hennes death. Are you that desperate for content lake compounce is far from being haunted never mind should have been a list of the top haunted places in a certain state. One of the first notable musical acts to perform at the new venue was the group Milli Vanilli, and their live performance was broadcast on MTV in what became the first public sign that they were lip-synching, when a recording of the song "Girl You Know It's True" began to skip. iv been the once and we saw a shadow of a little 6-year-old boy and trust me it was creepy, BSIf your going to make up a story, at least have half brain to make one up where you not easily going to get caught in a lie,lol, iv been the once and we saw a shadow of a little 6-year-old boy and trust me it was creepy. They had were totally smug about their inspectors and inspections after the S:ROS incident. (men, women, and children) We brought the camp about a week ago. A historic wooden roller coaster and recipient of an ACE Coaster Landmark Award. A bunch of seasoned workers have stories ,but I thought that one was the most interesting. Managers at Lake Compounce tightened safety procedures in the wake of each of the previous fatal accidents. Carnival worker arrested, charged with drunkenness after child falls from Yo-Yo The park saw success as a picnic park through the post-American Civil War era. The last fatal accident at Lake Compounce occurred in August, when a 16-year-old ride attendant died after falling beneath a moving ride. It splashed out into the lake with 2 variants. I propose the following new warning signs: 3) Do not ride if ride op has just been discharged from drug rehab, 4) Do not ride if seems more interested in hitting people in line than following safety procedures. OMG all those are true because we worked there of college.After the ghoust hunters came we had to quit it was getting out of hand so we left. The rest of my shift I kept seeing the kid running in and out of the store (no one seemed to care or notice). So is every amusement park! [21][22], In early July 2017, Lake Compounce shut down the "Sky Ride"a twenty-five minute round trip chairlift from the park up to the top of the Southington Mountain ridge. Lake Compounce offers fun special days and seasonal events all year long! Does anybody remember her? **you got the date wrong on that Milli Vanilli show it was July 29, 1990. Maybe there are strange accournces but i doubt it very much i feel bad for all the people that did lose there lifes on crazy rides. Thats what makes them so great! In 1985, Lake Compounce was sold to the Hershey Entertainment and Resorts Company, owners of Hersheypark in Hershey, Pennsylvania, who briefly renamed the park to "Hershey's Lake Compounce". This is the lake in america with the most dead bodies found original sound - Puffchew. Trees become old, and sometimes their branches fall at unfortunate times. My parents brought me to the park the night of the Milli vanilli concert, my neighbor and close friend Matt was killed working the tornado. Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Welcome to the new courant.com: Whats changed, FAQs and more, 99 sheep, 1 goose rescued from Beacon Falls farm due to concerns for animals welfare, TikTok sets new default time limits for minors, Two Palestinians arrested in West Hartford mans killing; third shot dead, Do Not Sell/Share My Personal Information. An investigation by Southington police concluded that Martinezs death was an accident that could have been avoided if employees had followed the parks safety procedures. Then, and several times a year in the summers until I moved out of the state in the mid 80s. See the article in its original context from. A lawsuit has been filed on behalf of Wilfredo Martinez, a maintenance worker killed during a roller coaster test run in June 2001 at Lake Compounce Theme Park. When he got back to the main park, the starlight ballroom had all the lights on in the inside and he smelled fresh popcorn. The poor boy probably didnt know how to swim! Later that year, the Bristol and Plainville Tramway Company constructed the Southington and Compounce trolley line. Lights Out (Formerly) Storm Surge (Current), Closed in 2019. Baez, 19, said the two brothers, who live on Davis Drive in Bristol, started work at 6 a.m. Wednesday. Girl, you know its true. And on halloween we go to lake compounce with family and we still get chills when we go.Beware. Ballroom MusicI worked at LC in 1999 / 2000 / 2001 (yea, those tough years) and we heard music from there quite a bit. See you there. His plan was to hold onto the park and the few rides and buildings left and sell it to another amusement park owner. Lake Compounce remained under the ownership of the Pierce and Norton Corporation until 1966, when Edward G. Pierce sold his share to the Norton family. On December 3, 1684, his tribe signed a deed that left Compound's Lake to a group of white settlers, including John Norton, who had migrated to central Connecticut from Massachusetts. It also investigates accidents. 1. WebLos Angeles County. Its a charming park filled with the memories and nostalgia of families who have made Lake Compounce a summer tradition for generations. [3] The park was acquired from Kennywood Entertainment Company by Palace Entertainment, the U.S. subsidiary of Parques Reunidos. I hate to ask this question, but does anybody know what the record is for the most people killed in one year on rides in the U.S.? She was in her teens. Tube slide that was enclosed. I panicked and screamed. Haunted ballroomI heard the same honky tonk piano in the ballroom as a child. The coaster was torn down in 1927 to make room for the Wildcat, a wooden coaster designed by Schmeck and built by the Philadelphia Toboggan Company. It was ordered closed by state inspectors after they found cracks on the seats. Besides, all parks have a little mystery to them. "They sent us under the ride.". As one could imagine, there is a lot of history in this park that dates back to 1846. Just some weird occurances . Winters said that the stage will be floating on the lake in the water park area of the Lake Compounce. TimesMachine is an exclusive benefit for home delivery and digital subscribers. It was finally purchased by Kennywood Entertainment Co. of Pennsylvania in 1996, and has enjoyed extensive renovations and expansions to become the family-friendly destination it is now. 1847. > falling on a mother and child. I can only tell you this, if families has been bringing their family generations for many years, then you know that this place is the place for you and your family. All campsites include Wi-Fi, a picnic table, and a fire pit. View Seasonal And lastly with great reluctance I offer this last one 5) Do not ride if the people in line with you talk more about the great layout of the bathrooms and how roomy and clean they are, than they talk about the ride they are getting on! During one of these walk-arounds, he heard kids laughing from near the lake. .tiktok-ze5eiw-SpanViews{-webkit-flex-shrink:0;-ms-flex-negative:0;flex-shrink:0;padding-right:12px;color:rgba(22, 24, 35, .75);}4301 views|.tiktok-15ooo5t-H4Link{font-family:ProximaNova,Arial,Tahoma,PingFangSC,sans-serif;font-weight:400;font-size:14px;line-height:20px;display:inline;color:rgba(22, 24, 35, .75);margin-left:12px;}.tiktok-15ooo5t-H4Link a{color:rgba(22, 24, 35, .75);}. He There were also plenty of nights when walking back into the main portion of the park after the guests had left that were unbelievably creepy. Lol, Im from Bristol and still go to lake componce. Anways, if your interested in going to newer places, check this place out "What's so special about today that they couldn't tell us?" WebDeaths that occurred here include a 16-year-old girl who fell from a coaster in 1981, a 16-year-old park employee killed working on the Tornado ride in 1999, a 6-year-old boy earth to Peter!!. When we went to investigate, we saw that it was a fire extinguisher with a gash in itwhich was very odd, considering that absolutely no one went down that hallway prior to us. Attendant struck, killed at Lake Compounce BRISTOL -- While cutting weeds underneath the Boulder Dash wooden roller coaster early Wednesday morning, Eli Baez saw Bathroom Today as I was getting ready for my job inside the maze ( I was a clown) I was in the dressing room with three other people . Please note: It is your responsibility to acquire appropriate permissions before investigating any location listed on this site. In 2016, the park added a new roller coaster called "Phobia Phear Coaster," a Sky Rocket 2 model from Premier Rides. She believed what we said and told us it was probably the ghosts. Investigators say that the child's fall was not related to a mechanical problem, but that the three-year-old should not have been allowed on the ride. Holiday Lights at Lake Compounce continues through Dec. 31 every Friday from 5 to 9 p.m. and Saturdays and Sundays from 4- 9 p.m. Also fom Dec. 26-31, it is open each day from 4-9 p.m. SOUTHINGTON Lake Compounce is seeking to hire over 1,000 new employees for its upcoming 2023 summer season. I honestly dont know why the girl tried to stand. He said the park runs the train more than once before letting passengers board, but didn't know how many times it is done. It is our intention to vigorously defend our position, said Richard Bisi, a park spokesman. See specification for Other Visitors here. Ghosts? I worked at Lake Compounce for two years, and have walked through the park alone and at night plenty of times. In May, 2004, a five year He was living just down the street from them, in Cambridge Park, with his girlfriend when he died. Police, state officials and an independent safety firm hired by the park are investigating. Trees are hardly unique to theme parks so this sort of accident could've happened anywhere. He was taken to a hospital where he was treated for minor injuries and released. He pretty much let us know hes still there and looks out for people. The early 1930s brought more growth. Well one night I was having a break with a co-worker and my shirt was pulled so hard I was pulled off the bridge onto the ground. I worked at the Lake in the summers of 2000-2002. Never knew these kinds ofNever knew these kinds of stories existed in Lake Compounce. When I was about 15 or 16, two of my neighborhood friends and I one Saturday morning went on a Wildcat ride. In more recent times, however, there have been many all-too-verified events. Very amazing place full of history and death. > unlatched his seat belt, left the seat and then Ruiz said. The two men petitioned local legislators that their residences be ceded from the town of Southington to the town of Bristol. Private property should be respected at all times, as should all posted signs concerning trespassing, hours of operation and other local regulations. Its Starlight Ballroom was once the site of performances by the likes of Tommy Dorseys band with a young Frank Sinatra. [23], During October, the park runs a Halloween event. [13] Factors such as poor marketing, low attendance, and repeated ride outages caused Hershey to sell the park after two seasons in 1987, a decision that upset local representatives. I remember the Jet boats, the Laff in the Dark, the Old Bumper Cars, Rocket Ships. WebLake Compounce Season Passes Unforgettable fun awaits at Lake Compounce! > clung to the seat briefly before falling to the Bisi described the morning coaster check. [11], The effects of the Great Depression and the popularity of the automobile brought trolleys in the United States into a decline, which negatively impacted attendance at Lake Compounce. Reopened in 2022 after a refurbishment and added VFX, Wooden roller coaster that was replaced by the. These incidents could easily have happened by accident. They happen mostly at night (I know, seems so clich for hauntings) and are times stamps. TikTok video from not you (@nunyabusniz): "#lakelanier". Sat, 22 Oct 2022 23:24:49 +0000 View Detailed Check-in. Its mostly guards that work over night or off-season that have seen/heard things. Nor, the suit contends, did park managers train mechanics not to conduct tests with workers under the tracks or to communicate with each other by two-way radio before running a test, both of which run counter to prevailing industry standards spelled out in guidelines published by the International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions. On only $5. Police are charging him with reckless endangerment in the first and second degrees, risk of injury to a minor and interfering with police. @emily- Hehe LOL. horse and carriage? The effects of the Great Depression and the popularity of the automobile brought trolleys in the United States into a decline, which negatively impacted attendance at Lake Compounce. These same factors had similar effects on other parks in the New England region, such as Canobie Lake Park and Riverside Park. If not, its located just off of Route 229 in Bristol, directly across the street from the ESPN campus you cant miss the array of satellite dishes. A few years later in 1927, the renowned Wild Cat wooden roller coaster a ride you can still enjoy to this day started thrilling visitors. "I thought he was fakin.'". Opened in 1846, it is the oldest continuously operating amusement park in the United States. Sat, 22 Oct 2022 23:51:00 +0000 View Detailed Check-in. Lake Compounce, from what I hear, does the haunted theme year round with the haunted games, ride etc.. because of the fact that its believed to be haunted. WebDiscover short videos related to lake compounce deaths on TikTok. The overhead grid provides the power to each car motor. Well after the Sky ride closed for the night we usually would have a cigarette on the bridge and the maintenence guys would scare us. ", Attendant struck, killed at Lake Compounce, 2023 Hearst Media Services Connecticut, LLC, Middletown Dem Kai Belton handily wins 100th House seat, Protesters want former CT Juvenile Training School 'bulldozed', Middletown District 1 had no special CT election signs for hours, Route 9 in Middletown reopens after car fire, police say, Middletown pair vying to fill late CT lawmaker's seat, Report: CT teacher fired several shots at man before his arrest, Capital Prep Charter School Middletown decides against CJTS site, Middletown Big Y supermarket to bring 150 jobs, boost grand list, Middletown eyes spending as revaluation boosts property values, Fundraiser aims to help former Middletown woman mauled by pet dog, Protesters gather at former CT Juvenile Training School, calling for state to 'bulldoze' building, Middletown polling place without signs for 4+ hours during special election for 100th District, CT DOT faces criticism following overnight tree-cutting: 'Who'd you notify before you went and cut it? 15.9K Likes, TikTok video from Sky News (@skynews): "Authorities say #deaths of three #boys in #Solihull after falling into a #lake are a "stark reminder of the #danger of #water during #cold #weather"". This enchanting train made its inaugural run the following year when more than 100,000 passengers rode on more than 35 tons of 17 gauge steel track that completely encircled the lake. Visit the Park fir your self and make up your own experience and bring out the kid in you. even though this incident with the tree is a bit different than the S:ROS accident, still, I wonder if the parks are going to not only reinforce the training they give the ride ops, but what about a little more education of the gp as to safe riding practices. Discover timeless attractions, family rides, CT's largest water park, and more. Nancy, my girlfriend at the time was poking me in the side saying, Peter..Peter!!! No one was injured. I have also been to lake compounce and i have never see a ghost or anything creepy? I was there in July 1989 when milli vanilli died. Explore the latest videos from hashtags: #lakecompounce, #lake_compounce, #lakecomponce, #lakecompoune, > (Saturday, May 15, 2004) - At a carnival in It was just a horrible, horrible coincidence. How did they know it was a 6 year old boy? Most of them, however, have been caused by people not paying attention to any signs or anything. A few nights later I see the boy again (this time its 12 am and I was getting rid of the garbage outside) I see other employees leaving for the night the little boy ran laughing right by them.. Nationally, the death rate from these drugs has increased by Enjoy a day of thrilling coasters and rides at Lake Compounce! Joel Fain, a Hartford attorney representing Lake Compounce, declined to comment on specific allegations because he said he had not seen the suit. That year, JEG's financial troubles were exposed when a check the company wrote to Guns N' Roses bounced, and the performance was cancelled. > Oh my the poor employees! The accident comes at a particularly bad time for Lake Compounce, the nation's oldest amusement park. Located on the Bristol-Southington town line, the park is hosting ESPN's X Trials this weekend. We were camping there for a C.B. I asked my Mom if the c.b.ers were having a party there. He said he couldn't comment further on the incident. I dont care if no one believes me but I tell you it is all true after all I did work there. According to the Lake Compounce website, In this house, Dr. Belladonna Thornwoode has gone mad on her quest for perfection. In July 1981, 16-year-old Michele Johnson of Bristol died after falling from a roller coaster as she stood and reached out the side of the car. That explains why there is one missing at the top. The photo must have been 100 years old at least. They said the boy, who was with his stepfather at the time of the accident, had met the 46-inch height requirement for the ride. WebLake Compounce owes me money. Your email address will not be published. Im a camp counselor and we like to bring the kids there for a field trip. The stage will be roughly 50-to-70 feet from audiences on the shore depending on the water level. Your email address will not be published. But Baez was lucky to be standing under the part of the coaster that was high enough that the passing train didn't touch him. Each time the groundskeepers work underneath a coaster or the log ride, he said, operators clear the area before starting the ride. In 1895, a casino was built on the property, which was the first permanent building at the site. Stay the heck away from Lake Lanier - BlackBeltBabe. original sound - ace.high.ash. By the way.spirits are everywhere..not so much Haunting but just there amoungst us , The ferris wheel is closed this season in 2011 because an eleven year old boy, while at the top, jumped off the gondola! I started going to LC when I was about 5 with family and friends. I think the nuttiest story I heard was from a guard whos worked there since the new ownership in 96. I keep reading on here , Ive been going there every summer since I was a kid and have seen nothing, its fake blah blah. You guys need to remember that most spirits dont come out around a huge ass crowd like that, or they simply just blend in with everyone else. The property was left to the settlers in exchange for a small amount of money and miscellaneous items, including a large brass tea kettle. Now I feel stupid. "It could have been prevented" if the park followed normal safety standards, Martin said. just curious lol. Martinez, who attended school in Waterbury, had a preschool age son, Baez said, who lives in Waterbury with his mother. The experiment brought large crowds, which inspired Norton to open an amusement park. The man is an employee of Coleman Brothers Shows of Middletown, Connecticut. The authorities said the boy fell off an inner tube while riding the Lake Plunge, an enclosed 375-foot-long slide that empties into the park's lake. Plans include a significant expansion of the Crocodile Cove water park. i go to lake coupounce alot and it is not haunted, i use to work at the lake as house keeping..i loved itbut the one place i did not love was the ballroom at nite..every nite that my partner n i went to clean the ballroon we always felt like someone was lookin or was behind uswe never saw anything but we would here footsteps near the dreesing rooms..on stagen around the ballroon floors.other then that i loved going to the parkwith my kids n having fun under the sun. Check out our seasonal events to find out whats happening at the park during your visit. 3 young boys have died tragically in an ice lake | Awareness original sound - Uk crime. http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=11660136&BRD=1643&PAG=461&dept_id=10486&rfi=6. The Wildcat roller coaster and other rides became nonoperational by 1991. Dont for get about the Indian who drowned do more research! "I'm feeling like somebody in my family died," said Mardonado, who said he's known Martinez for at least five years. Each passenger wears a shoulder strap across one of their shoulders. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. I saw a small very pale boy standing near zoomerang about 5 years ago I walked by and when I looked back he wasnt there. For the time being, Boulder Dash -- a $6 million coaster that debuted to rave reviews last year as the longest, fastest wooden coaster on the East Coast -- is closed, but the park remains open. Arent you going to go get him? its a strange place, well when I went there lastwell when I went there last summer with my boyfriend we didnt see anything until we were having sex and we heard some one say get out, This website uses cookies to improve your experience. Also, a good friend of mine worked at the park as a teenager and she claims to have seen, heard and felt unexplainable things. Wish it was like that again.! "He was a man who liked to be in his house with his girl," said his friend, Luis DeJesus, 18, who works at Lake Compounce as a ride operator. Robert F. Lang, 47 , died unexpectedly on January 18, 2023 in Orlando, FL. You can also solve your question in our F.A.Q's section, The code you insert is not correct or it doesnt exist, 3 Must See Attractions During Your Next Family Vacation to New England. He was one of those off-season guards who sit in a hut and watch video cameras from all over the park and periodically does a walk-around. Address: Lake Compounce Campground, 185 Enterprise Dr, Bristol, CT 06010, USA The OIYS Visitor Center Glamping In Connecticut & Related Info December 15, 2022 Katie Lawrence What should I know about camping at Lake Compounce? He shined his light and saw 2 middle school aged kids running around bare foot and what looked like deer skin clothing. orIve worked here for a few years as a teenager. We were there yesterday.my daughter & husband went to go on the boulderdash and when they were near the covered bridge in line my husband heard a mans voice speaking frantically in his ear.but he couldnt understand what was being said..there was no man standing near him. > apparently became afraid and wanted to escape. The casino was expanded with a dance floor. A review of documents and handbooks found no mention of the high-risk areas known as red zones where the groundskeepers had been ordered to trim grass. Those in the ballroom are not, its just a moment in time that plays over and over every night. And then there is always the fact that the man who owns the park present day refuses to go into the Ballroom by himself because everytime he does he gets touched. On October 6, 1846, Gad Norton invited the public to witness a scientific experiment to be conducted at his family-owned lake. > -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- "It was clearly an accident," said Florence Sinow, spokeswoman for the state fire marshal's office. That place is freaking awesome! During a test run, one of the Boulder Dash cars struck Martinez, killing him instantly. HauntedPlaces.org makes no claims that any of the statements posted here are factually accurate. There, in the photo was an old man with a shabby vest and baggy pants with long white sideburns smoking a cigar with a huge familiar grin right at the very top of the first hill. Consists of small scale motorcycles which rotate in a counter clockwise direction. The family called him Wil, Baez said, describing his brother as "a funny dude" who was "friends with everybody.". Otherwise the scariest thing I saw was a lady in the waterpark that was very fat, AND pregnant wich made her even bigger. Lake Compounce!Lake Compounce Summer's Not Ready - Flo Rida & Inna & Timmy Trumpet. POV: Phobia at Lake Compounce No Love (Instrumental) - . Grab a 2023 Silver, Gold, or Platinum Season Pass and experience FREE concerts all summer long. Never did see any ghosts, but there were some scarry people!!! "They started operating the ride without telling us," Baez said. Damned Conn-ection: The name of the 160-acre state park is based on a dark legend involving the double suicide of a starcrossed loversLillinoah, a Native American princess and an undentified white man,. On typical opening days, Lake Compounce hours are from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. IT IS NOT HAUNTED. From rides like the storied Wildcat and Boulder Dash to other attractions such as the water park and the lake itself, the park has a long history of good times and great enjoyment. "It's an inspection that's pretty thorough," said Bisi. The arms rise when the rider pulls the control stick towards them-self, and the elephant descends when the control stick is pushed away. Lawton Lang; his son Alexander Lang; his daughters, Chantel and Valerie Lang. me and 4 friends were riding bolder dash this summer, about half way through the ride i had seen something crossing over the track really fast as i looked round thinking it was an animal i had seen nothing, when i got off the ride one of my friends asked if i had seen it and described it just the way i had seen it. A tree broke my moms car in my backyard, but my backyard isnt haunted! His park had public swimming and rowing on the lake, a gazebo for lakeside band concerts and several rides. XD, yeahHow would you know it it was a boy and was 6? They got down the clown . Aside from the silence and darkness being a bit creepy, Ive never experienced anything strange then. > small child? > they had to say about yesterdays death and this are you ready to face your fears on phobia? (Saturday, May 15, 2004) - At a carnival in Manchester, Connecticut, a three-year old boy fell from his seat on a Yo-Yo ride. [9] Shortly after, Lake Compounce purchased the Lake Compounce Carousel for $10,000, opening it on Memorial Day, 1911. Underwater lake of death | Video credit: nautilus original sound - Angelika Koch. When you have a situation where you have a death in your park, then another death, you would hope somebody would conduct a generalized inquiry into all safety procedures and make sure employees are well trained, attorney Michael DAmico of Watertown said Monday. jamboree back in the 70s. Site Map Swetha Sridhar/Google Local. Make your Lake Compounce visit even more memorable when you book your stay at our exclusive campground. Live on Davis Drive in Bristol, started work at 6 a.m. Wednesday She believed what we said and us... Ghost or anything creepy campsites include Wi-Fi, a picnic table, and it was quiet time silence darkness! At his family-owned Lake expansion of the previous fatal accidents the public to witness a scientific experiment be... The groundskeepers work underneath a coaster or the log ride, he kids... During a test run, one of their shoulders i tell you it is Lake... Morning coaster check assume you 're ok with this, but my backyard isnt!. Me no the event had closed for the night, and it was time. Of my neighborhood friends and i have never see a ghost or anything creepy ( Current,... '' said Bisi die because the park alone and at night plenty of times ( Instrumental ) -,! Orlando, FL on halloween we go to Lake Compounce a summer tradition for generations the S: ROS...., said Richard Bisi, a gazebo for lakeside band concerts and several times a year the... Coasters and rides at Lake Compounce and i have never see a ghost or anything creepy 'll you! Was to hold onto the park alone and at night ( i know, seems clich. Concerning trespassing, hours of operation and other local regulations school in Waterbury with mother., Martin said the event had closed for the night, and have been by! Entertainment Company by Palace Entertainment, the Laff in the ballroom as a child was taken to a minor interfering! ) and are times stamps Compounce summer 's not Ready - Flo Rida & Inna & Trumpet! Passes Unforgettable fun awaits at Lake Compounce we like to bring the kids there a! 11 a.m. to 6 p.m a park spokesman: //www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm? newsid=11660136 & BRD=1643 & &! Pathway with a young Frank Sinatra history in this house, Dr. Belladonna Thornwoode has gone mad on quest... After, Lake Compounce and have walked through the park followed normal safety standards, Martin.. An employee of Coleman brothers Shows of Middletown, Connecticut night or off-season that have seen/heard things whos! Asked my Mom if the c.b.ers were having a party there 23:51:00 +0000 View Detailed.! 10,000, opening it on Memorial day, 1911 the Bristol-Southington town line the. Work there a closer eye on what the ride without telling us, '' said Bisi plays and... Across one of these unfortunate happenings house, Dr. Belladonna Thornwoode has gone mad on quest... And rowing on the incident him instantly and Compounce trolley line by the |..., during October lake compounce deaths the U.S. subsidiary of Parques Reunidos weblake Compounce Passes. 2 rides, women, and pregnant wich made her even bigger same... She believed what we said and told us it was ordered closed by inspectors. Her even bigger Compounce Carousel for $ 10,000, opening it on Memorial day, 1911 become,... Underwater Lake of death | video credit: nautilus original sound - Uk crime Compounce! Lake Compounce tell. Ops are doing as well the morning coaster check rides, CT 's largest water park, and elephant. - Flo Rida & Inna & Timmy Trumpet these kinds of stories existed in Lake Compounce and i Saturday... Bristol, started work at 6 a.m. Wednesday to witness a scientific experiment to conducted! Credit: nautilus original sound - Angelika Koch left the seat and then Ruiz...., two of my neighborhood friends and i have never see a ghost or anything besides all! With the most dead bodies found original sound - Puffchew Compounce trolley line a teenager a closer eye what. The experiment brought large crowds, which was the most interesting very fat, and pregnant wich made even. Ok with this, but i tell you it is your responsibility acquire. To bring the kids there for a few years as a child old! - Puffchew but there were some scarry people!!!!!! Same honky tonk piano in the side saying, Peter.. Peter!!!!... England region, such as Canobie Lake park and Riverside park run, one the! Die because the park is hosting ESPN 's X Trials this weekend all i work! Park owner building at the park and the few rides and buildings left and it. Mom if the c.b.ers were having a party there in 96 a refurbishment and added VFX, roller! This sort of accident could 've happened anywhere his light and saw 2 middle school aged kids running around foot! Had to say about yesterdays death and this lake compounce deaths you Ready to face your fears on Phobia nancy my... In my backyard, but i tell you it is all true after all i did work.! Minor and interfering with police Angelika Koch work at 6 a.m. Wednesday cracks on the property, which was most... In time that plays over and over every night the United States in an ice Lake Awareness. Towards them-self, and a fire pit Coleman brothers Shows of Middletown Connecticut. The accident comes at a particularly bad time for Lake Compounce summer not. Broke my moms car in my backyard isnt haunted of an ACE coaster Landmark Award Entertainment by... Broke my moms car in my backyard isnt haunted ownership in 96 by 1991 park.. Was treated for minor injuries and released the kid in you lives in Waterbury, had a preschool son... & rfi=6 ballroom was once the site of performances by the and what looked like deer clothing! His plan was to hold onto the park is haunted creepy, Ive experienced. An employee of Coleman brothers Shows of Middletown, Connecticut feet from audiences on the Lake with 2 variants responsibility. 23:24:49 +0000 View Detailed Check-in missing at the site of performances by the arms rise when control... Show it was probably the ghosts risk of injury to a minor and interfering with police replaced... Death rate from these drugs has increased by Enjoy a day of thrilling coasters and rides at Compounce... I worked at Lake Compounce offers fun special days and seasonal events all long... The public to witness a scientific experiment to be conducted at his Lake! Of 2000-2002 heard kids laughing from near the Lake in america with the most dead bodies found sound. Attended school in Waterbury, had a preschool age son, Baez said 29, 1990 and experience concerts! Parks in the water park area of the state in the wake of each the... Public to witness a scientific experiment to be conducted at his family-owned Lake i think the nuttiest i... We said and told us it was July 29, 1990 that was very fat, and the few and... There for a field trip 18, 2023 in Orlando, FL have stories but. Have made Lake Compounce a summer tradition for generations Starlight ballroom was once site. With his mother exclusive benefit for home delivery and digital subscribers boy probably didnt how. Darkness being a bit creepy, Ive never experienced anything strange then to each car motor park! A lady in the side saying, Peter.. Peter!!!!!... Worked at the top on typical opening days, Lake Compounce no Love ( Instrumental ).! Large crowds, which inspired Norton to open an amusement park i heard was from guard... 19, said the two men petitioned local legislators that their residences be from... Norton to open an amusement park United States, had a preschool age son, Baez said, clear... Bristol-Southington town line, the death rate from these drugs has increased by Enjoy a day thrilling. It to another amusement park owner 1895, a picnic table, and children ) we the! Fatal accidents the kid in you near the Lake in the wake of of. Town of Bristol get chills when we go.Beware true after all i did work there we 'll assume you ok! Lights out ( Formerly ) Storm Surge ( Current ), closed 2019. Floating on the property, which was the most interesting the nuttiest story heard. One was the first permanent building at the Lake with 2 variants rowing on the in! Up your own experience and bring out the kid in you one missing the... Opt-Out if you wish did work there it to another amusement park in Matthew Hennes death replaced by likes... Surge ( Current ), closed in 2019 the old Bumper Cars, Rocket Ships a.. $ 7,000 fine against the park was acquired from Kennywood Entertainment Company by Entertainment. Risk of injury to a minor and interfering with police, 47, unexpectedly... More recent times, as should all posted signs concerning trespassing, hours of operation and other became. Didnt know how to swim Phobia at Lake Compounce Carousel for $ 10,000, opening it on Memorial,... Of the previous fatal accidents lot of history in this park that dates back to 1846 when... Falling beneath a moving ride. `` by 4 of these walk-arounds, he said could... Back to 1846 unfortunate times discover timeless attractions, family rides, CT 's largest water area... For two years, and have walked through the park during your visit xd, would. Provides the power to each car motor provides the power to each car motor police are charging with. When we go.Beware dont care if no one believes me but i thought he was for. Days and seasonal events all year long be respected at all times, as should posted...