The tail was as long as the body and was thick, it's back feet were large. The tracks were from a step down onto the road which is rich in clay mud. Cloudy with occasional rain late. It was night, and as we were going toward town, a rabbit ran across the road with a mountain lion chasing behind. I just want to say how much I appreciate your website. pistol. Uncover property values, resident history, neighborhood safety score, and more! 1. The most well known is a Lady in White who haunts Room 208. Fri, 01/23/2015. I first thought it was a bobcat but then I saw the long tail and the reddish color of the cat and realized that it was not a bobcat. The small, white building was known as The Little Catholic Church on Irish Mountain, and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. To learn more information, call (304) 924-6211 or visit the WV DNRs webpage on the wildlife center. Its making its way around into the middle of town now., True story: 10 years ago I was coming home from my [high school] girlfriends house around 10:00 p.m. one evening, driving my old blue Chevy. Sadly, mountain lions no longer live in Virginia. By 2 a.m. Saturday, hounds cornered the young female lion a few hundred yards from the camp, according to the department. Witnesses say they've seen an apparition of a man in his 60s wearing 1930s clothes. The public schools in Shady Spring are above average. It was about 7:30 a.m. November 21, 2006 when I saw it walking through the field of our neighbor. I didn't tell anyone because I knew I would be called a liar. This historic house was a dark history, with a former owner jumping to his death from the upper floor after a combination of troubling equations and a drinking problem. Folks say that at 5 a.m. the unexplained smell of baking bread wafts through the inn, although the kitchen is closed and the ovens are cold. "On 6/26/2022 units from Beaver VFD were alerted to a structure fire at the Saint Colman Catholic Church on Irish Mountain Road in Shady Spring, WV," the Beaver Volunteer Fire Department said . We told a few who didn't really believe us and when I told my other neighbor Dolly, she said yep, she had seen the thing at the woods edge between our yard. Having already passed the states House of Delegates, the bill has only to be signed by Republican Gov. The Tavern restaurant was originally built in 1779. Special Offer . Even though the WV DNR says there are no wild mountain lions in the state, there are some held in captivity at the West Virginia Wildlife Center in French Creek. We got to the bow stand at daylight just off of the Potomac River and I helped him into the tree with a climbing stand then retreated back the grassy rd. Webmaster's Note! Those with sharp A woman and a small child in out of style clothes have been seen, before vanishing. On 6/26/2022 units from Beaver VFD were alerted to a structure fire at the Saint Colman Catholic Church on Irish Mountain Road in Shady Spring, WV, the Beaver Volunteer Fire Department said in an online post. Pineville is a town in Wyoming County, West Virginia, along the Guyandotte River and the zip code for Pineville is 24874. Admission is $6 for ages 16 and over, $2 for kids 6 to 15 years old, and free for children ages five and under. The 257 matching properties for sale near Shady Spring have an average listing price of $375,025 and price per acre of $219,956. A few minutes later I walked over to see that the big cat was tracking a deer and the cat track was 4 1/2 inches wide and looked to be about 6" to 7" long with the tail, a big head with small ears, black shiny hair with a long bushy tail.Submitted by: Ronnie SDate: Mon, January 21, 2008 11:45 am, After visiting your site I have decided to tell you of a sighting on a bow hunt with my 23 year old son who was 16 at the time. Then never paid anymore attention to it for a while as I couldnt see it anymore. Surrounded by a national historical park, the town looks as it did in the 19th century, with many of . but I haven't heard anything about Mountain Lion sightings in this area, and I haven?t seen them, but that doesn't mean they aren't present. all of our lives and believe me we know the difference!Submitted by: Don Woods. I walked to within 5 steps of the tree and I could not believe my eyes. I got his attention and he freaked out and told me to run or get up the tree. Thursday, April 20th 2017. It has been called Dr. Seuss Day because of this. New Patient Offer. My friend also saw it and we had about 30 seconds that it stood and looked at us. The National Read Across America Day takes place every year on March 2, Geisels birthday. Laurel Grove Cemetery, often referred to as Ramsey Cemetery or the Ramsey Family Cemetery, is said to be haunted by something that makes the temperature inside very cold after midnight. But he had not gotten in the room fast enough it had moved rather quickly. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. I agree with you that 90 percent of the "woman screaming" sounds are owls or another woodland species of animal. Click on any trail below to find trail descriptions, trail maps . $2,000. First came former Denver Broncos defensive lineman Derek Wolfe's Instagram post last week telling how he killed a large mountain lion that was "wreaking havoc" on pets in the mountain community of Grant.. On Wednesday, Colorado Parks and Wildlife announced it had killed a . ELEANOR, W.Va. (WOWK) Are there mountain lions in the Mountain State? I have heard about Cat sightings all my life growing up around Racine in Boone Co. Eastern Puma Research Network in Grant County of WILD, Wonderful West Virgina, Submitting this "report" of a possible Mt. Also residing here is the ghost of a slave named Reuben, rumored Wilderness Road Regional Museum is said to be haunted by an apparition of a young woman who walks the ground or stands in the window. Voter turnout was only 29%, far lower than the last election in 2019, and video-documented claims of vote switching and voter intimidation were rife. SubscribeStart your Register subscription today. My fishing buddy saw it and we agreed that it was a young mountain lion. It is the county seat of Wyoming County and population approx: 750. Yes twice! I would have gotten track impressions if I had thought that no one would believe me, but I was frankly pretty scared of it and got out of there asap. Then I look above my building on the hill side and saw a large bodied animal. Thank you, I doubt anyone would want to believe this, but after reading all the comments on "mountain lions" I have to share what happened to me and Larry. The West Virginia Wildlife Center is open to the public seven days a week from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. It was about 4 feet long and had a long tail it was tan/grey in color. It was a long time later before I realized that what I had seen was not a female African lion but a mountain lion.. . Wildlife experts have confirmed that LA's most well-known mountain lion, P-22, was the big cat that attacked and killed a dog on a leash near the Hollywood Reservoir earlier this month. Footsteps have been heard in the front hall, and a woman has been heard singing in the second-floor ballroom. It was around 2pm on a weekday, hardly any traffic at all on that road during the week in the early afternoon. The U.S. Use the satellite view, narrow down your search interactively, save to PDF to get a free printable Shady Spring plan. The last recorded mountain lion killing was in 1887 in Pocahontas County, according to the West Virginia Encyclopedia via a statement from naturalist A.B. The eastern cougar, which occurred in West Virginia, is one of 15 subspecies . January 2, 2008 - 12:00 pm. But it wasnt too long that others saw it and even some saw a brownish colored MT Lion. EWTN News, Inc. is the worlds largest Catholic news organization, comprised of television, radio, A Timeline. We?ve camped in the Cranberry area many many times as well as the Greenbrier river area and Pocahontas county. They are definitely here in West Virginia. It has been spotted in several different locations (unless there is more than one). The musical Passion play comes to the big screen as a Fathom event on March 6 and 7, Theology should be at the heart of any Catholic university. zip code for the town is 26720. Lion Suspect in Killing of boys Horse in daytimePlease read this and click on the link to look at pictures, one of the pictures is a picture of a ladies hand and the paw print. I saw a Mt. This picture was taken April 7, 2008 behind my home in Wallace, WV approx. The small, white building was known as The Little Catholic Church on Irish Mountain, and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. A map of the center can also be viewed by clicking the provided link. Colorado and California have the highest estimated populations of mountain lions in the United States. The West Virginia Wildlife Center is open to the public seven days a week from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.). Find 324 real estate homes for sale listings near Shady Spring High School in Shady Spring, WV where the area has a median listing home price of $125,000. The Rent Zestimate for this home is $1,940/mo, which has increased by $1,940/mo in the last 30 days. 5010 River Rd, Hinton, WV 25951. Storm mine in Tucker County, A large cat in Wood County, West Virginia, Spring Valley in Wayne County WV. Its outer walls are bricks made by slaves on the property. 39% were found to . 26 Sep 16. Her reaction was the right one, experts said, no matter how risky it might have seemed. It happened on December 26, 2006. Office Tour Shady Spring. This property is currently available for sale and was listed by Beckley BOR on Dec 8, 2022. Bounties were paid on wolves in West . It contains 0 bedroom and 0 bathroom. P-89, a 2-year-old male, was . Shanks WV. Admission is $6 for ages 16 and over, $2 for kids 6 to 15 years old, and free for . Animals tracks 3 to 4 inches Mountain Lion; no claw marks | 2 to 2.5 inches Bobcat; no claw marks | 2 to 3 inches canine; claw marks. I'm from California and have spent quite a lot of time in the Sierras, Cascades, San Bernardinos, San Jacintos, and the Rockies. Hi My name is Brandi, I live in Four States, WV. In August 2008, a friend and I were in Ohio Co., WV on Harvey Rd. It was extremely large with a long tail, probably 4-5 feet at least. I am 16 years old and live in Putnam County, WV. I know what deer, bobcat, fox, bear and every other animal look like because I've seen them all hundreds of times in the woods. this would have happened in the Churchville area of Lewis County, WV.From: Katrina PoseySubject: Mt. I've had nearly a dozen people tell me about their sightings but they didn't want their sighting published on the web. 90 percent of the "woman screaming" sounds are only hoot owls, Did you mean: Mcelroy creek in Tyler County, I found your site after googling lion sightings for Huntington, West Virginia, Mysterious animal photo in Lahmansville in Grant County West Virginia, Mountain Lion sighting I-79 north near Weston, WV in Lewis County in 1999 or 2000, Mountain Lion sighting in Mt. St. Colman's is located in the Diocese of Wheeling-Charleston. On another note Carlene and Sandy and all the others who have e-mailed me, I sent more pictures in to this site hope they are posted soon and hope you enjoy them! OAK HILL, WV (WVNS) A pedestrian is hit and killed on Route 19. The West Virginia Encyclopedia says the last mountain lion killing was reported out of Pocahontas County in the late 1880s. St. Colman Catholic Church and Cemetery in Raleigh County, West Virginia, are listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The community was named for the paw paw, the largest wild edible fruit native to America and grew in abundance throughout the community of Paw Paw and Morgan County, West Virginia. and the zip code for the community is 26761. Is it possible that this was done by a mountain lion. Buying land in Shady Spring. The original structure dates to 1877-1888, according to the register. He was trotting and I could easily identify his large size, color, long tail, stockiness and head and the graceful movement. One month ago my mother Celestine was taking my daughter Addie to baseball practice and had herfather in the car with them.. The was refurbished as a nursing home, which closed down several decades ago. Witnesses say the ghost plays pranks on both employees and bar patrons, such as playing his favorite songs on the jukebox. After Hunt In Colorado. I remember seeing a black animal thought was a black german shephard that may have gotten loose. A NOTE FROM THE PUBLISHER: The news that the FBI is going to investigate attacks on crisis pregnancy centers and Catholic churches is a welcome, if overdue, development. I did see onedead beside the freeway in the Bay Area once. I have had a couple sightings and heard what I believe were two lions mating. A series of mountain lion attacks on household pets in the Wood River Valley near Ketchum and an isolated killing of a dog in Cascade have caused the usually solitary and unseen species to take . Mountain lion study highlights. NewsBreak provides latest and breaking Shady Spring, WV local news, weather forecast, crime and safety reports, traffic updates, event notices, sports, entertainment, local life and other items of interest in the community and nearby towns. The site of the famouse cliff Lovers' Leap, this park has a long history of being haunted. These rare and elusive cats are most active at night, so you seldom have an opportunity to see one! 69.4 miles from Shady Spring, WV. Even though the WV DNR says there are no wild mountain lions in the state, there are some held in captivity at the West Virginia Wildlife Center in French Creek. Then.. The long tail was a dead giveaway. By MetroNews. Founded in 1836, the historic Emory and Henry College is believed to be haunted. The deer was killed by a farm pond and the owner saw the tracks of a mountain lion in the mud around the dead deer.Submitted by: Dave MarshallFairmont, WV, Webmaster's Note!These large, wild mountain cats are shy and avoid humans. Last year my wife and I were returning home to Berkeley Springs WV in Morgan County. He said they looked at each other for a very long several seconds before the mountain lion darted and ran into the darkness. Sign-up for E-NewsletterGet Register Updates sent daily or weeklyto your inbox. November 22, 2022, 3:02 PM. Lo' and behold the thing crossed right beside my drive and up the hill not 15 yards from where we sat on the deck and it was beyond a doubt a cougar. Thank you and have a nice day. Witnesses say the house is haunted, especially in the "dark room" or storage room. Hello, My name is Don Woods Jr. My wife's name is Margaret. Pope Benedicts Resignation: Debate Continues 10 Years On, Example of Their Lives: 6 American Black Catholics Are on the Road to Sainthood, Catholic Excalibur: The True Story Behind St. Galganos Sword, Ex-Cardinal McCarrick Asks for Dismissal of Sex Abuse Case Against Him, Citing Dementia, Albany Diocese Limits Latin Masses Following New Guidance From the Vatican, What Have the Jesuits Done About Rupnik? Lion crouched down along the road at Gormania WV. We believe people in Churchville and the surrounding area need to be aware that definitely it's a possibility that there are mountain lions that come through this area. Then It took off up into the woods and I could hear it going around the side of the mountain and up the hill.Submitted by: Zachary HarrisBoone County,West Virginia. A few days later my daughter saw it in the center of town in her yard on [State Route] 62, and this morning around 3:30 a.m. my husband saw it as he was going to work crossing 62 from the school over onto the big Red House property. Blogs generally tell two different stories about the two photos of a man holding the lion, including a close-up of the huge paw, according to a Prescott, Arizona newspaper. See sales history and home details for 1523 Irish Mountain Rd, Shady Spring, WV 25918, a 4 bed, 3 bath, 2,560 Sq. Possible mountain lion sighting in Finger Lakes region. Currently, three formerly occurring species of mammal no longer exist in West Virginia: the bison, mountain lion, and gray wolf. So Isaid to him did the cat have big pointed ears and a short stubby tail and he said you don't understand Dad its tail was dragging the ground and he was bigger than Riley(our 110 lb black lab) so I convienced him to comedown that whatever it was, was long gone by now. The Ventura County district attorney's office says Tuesday, Sept. 10, 2019, that Alfredo Gonzalez was charged with shooting the male cougar, known as P-38 and vandalizing its tracking . Weight range: 70 to 170 pounds. It was about 75 yards away in a meadow. DENVER (KDVR) A former Denver Broncos player is getting a lot of attention on social media after he killed a huge mountain lion and posted a picture to prove it. The . Americas. To learn more about "lion country" in Colorado check here. The National Park Service says the subadult . The apparition of a black dog has also been seen running through the hallways and in the basement of the house. That autumn, my wife and I were sitting on our back porch which faces a "wooded area." Get the Android Weather app from Google Play, Dog shot in Tucker Co.; animal shelter needs donations, University presidents speak on WVs new campus carry, 3 instructional staff at North Elementary on leave, Eat at Texas Roadhouse Wednesday to support United, Granville Police asking for help identifying suspect, Celebrating Volunteers with Miley Legal Group, West Virginias Remarkable Women for 2023, Canaan holding Brewfest next weekend with new local, Stonerise Bridgeport crowns 2023 king and queen, Inaugural Polar Plunge held in Buckhannon, AG asks Maryland governor to recognize WV concealed carry permits, The rare, threatened and endangered species of WV, the creature no longer exists in the state, held in captivity at the West Virginia Wildlife Center in French Creek, Windshield covers and other handy gear you need for, 18 trendy cowboy boots to wear this winter, 18 books youll want to read on Dr. Seuss Day, How an NFL legend from WV nearly squandered it all, Bill to ban child marriage passes West Virginia House, Try gourmet ramp dishes at Upshur County Library, West Virginia waters stocked with trout last week, Spring burning season begins in WVwhat you need, West Virginia Gov. Not only us, but two cars behind us also completely stopped and watched this graceful cat. One was either 1979 or 1980 in June. I was watching a clear spot along an old logging road, about 30 yards from my position. Also several people that lived in the area eventually saw one or the other or both. BASS SINKO REAL ESTATE. When I walked out side to find him my cat came running at me, and he never runs, he is a pretty big cat and doesn't run much at all. A hanging lamp outside the Music Hall is said to swing by itself, stemming from a heated debate in which a man was pushed out the third story window. Watch this. 3bd. Reproduction of material from this website without written permission, or unlicensed commercial use or Hello.. my name is Jennifer and my husband Zach has a field camera posted in our field in Triadelphia WV (A community in Ohio County). Welch was the owner of a mansion that stood on the property in the 1830s to 1860s, before it was torn down to build the theater. Mountain lion bites boy on head while he plays outside house. I got him to talk to me and I told him to lower the bow and come down to me but he wouldn't he said dad there was a big cat that came out of the river bottom and walked under the tree stand and up into the bouldersbehind the stand. So when he came running at me I figured there was another neighbor hood cat outside after him so I walked around the corner of the house and soon realized there wasn't another cat. This dog runs from nothing, but it did today when it heard that scream. With more than 16 trails covering 223 miles youre bound to find a perfect trail for you. It was an experience The lion continued up towards Cacapon mountain.Sincerely,Terry and Marsha Moore. . print and digital media outlets, dedicated to reporting the truth in light of the Gospel and the Living in Shady Spring offers residents a suburban rural mix feel and most residents own their homes. Ex-Broncos defensive lineman Derek Wolfe hunted a massive mountain lion in Colorado this week . A mountain lion was mauling her 5-year-old son in front of her. Shady Spring Dental Team :: Advanced cosmetic and family dentistry in a comfortable environment. Ask local folk if mountain lions (aka cougars/ pumas/ panthers) still prowl the Allegheny Mountains of West Virginia and you'll likely get a nod or they might bend your ear to tell a tale. This would probably have been in the 1990s and either on the section of I-79 soon before getting on to Route 19, or somewhere on Route 19 near the northern end, long before getting off near Beckley. Marshall County WV. The mountain lion is essentially a carnivore with a primary diet including birds, white-tailed deer fawns, and rodents. It is reported that in 2010 a summer intern here witnessed a ghost. 0 Irish Mountain Road, Shady Springs, WV is a vacant land home. On the second floor, there is a man's apparition who smokes a pipe and sits at one of the tables. It has been called Dr. Seuss Day because of this. Zestimate Home Value: $0. Jim Justice to become law. A second look revealed to me that it was an adult mountain lion, 100-125#. In the summer of 2007, two friends and I were going fishing above Cheat Bridge in Randolph Co., WV. We found this print while hiking on Wildlife Trail at Dolly Sods. That is all bull, we have lived in the mountains of WV. Shady Spring, WV 25918. Along the way we have seen black bears, deer, and hawks. The young mountain lion that had just been added to a study of Southern California cougars was struck by a vehicle and killed on Pacific Coast Highway. The posts received a lot of attention on Facebook, and many other locals joined the social media frenzy to post about their own potential mountain lion sightings. (Daylight Cougars), I live in Braxton County on Upper OBrien near Wilsie, Google maps to locate all known points that. At Attitudes, the hotel bar and nightclub, laughter and voices can be heard after hours when the place is closed and empty. and I have been coming to that area for over 30 years. According to the National Wildlife Federation, the mountain lion has many other names, including cougar, panther, puma, and catamount.. Instantly recognizable., Not long ago, I had mentioned that on one of our many trips from PA back down to visit family in Charlotte NC, I remembered looking out the passenger side window down into a ravine well below the side of the mountain highway in WV and suddenly seeing what looked like a female African lion walking along the railroad tracks. The Abijah Thomas House, aka the Octagon House, is a historic octagon house and private residence originally built in 1856. Specifically, the eastern mountain lion was the subspecies previously native to West Virginia. I just laughed because I was born and raised in Logan WV and had also thought that stories like these were so much imagination. I called out to my husband to look at this, I was washing dishes and looking out our kitchen window. Welcome to The Haunted Mansion VA. We are a seasonal haunted house attraction presented by The Nickerson Snead House Museum in Glade Spring, VA. Margaret has seen two over the years. that there is mountain lion near.. DNR gets dozens of mountain lion reports and my guess is that DNR cannot check ever visual sighting. A man in Western Kanawha County said the animal that took a big bite out of his dog, shown in this photo, was a mountain lion. I kept having visions of my son in danger and it involved a mountain lion and no matter what I did I could not get the fear to go away. Anyway, I am submitting this "report" of a possible Mt. So I make it back to the end of my sidewalk when we hear it againI told my husband your on your own buddy I'm gone I ran back in the house he looked at his gun and said I have the wrong one for this one that's a big ole kitty.. and the dogs barked and was ticked off all night.. When I asked him to calm down he wouldn't I knew something bad was going on this child wasn't scared of much. These were the third and fourth mountain lion attacks on dogs in the Wood River Valley over a period of . https://www.ncregister.com/cna/breaking-historic-catholic-church-in-west-virginia-destroyed-in-suspected-arson, Police Say Church Vandal Was About to Break Into Tabernacle Until He Saw the Statue of Mary, 2 Suspects Indicted in 2022 Attacks on Florida Pro-Life Pregnancy Centers, FBI Investigates Crimes Against Churches and Pro-Life Groups, Director Reaffirms, West Virginia Passes Religious Freedom Restoration Act, Order of Cloistered Nuns Leaves Nicaragua After 22 Years, Muslim-Muslim Ticket Proclaimed Winner of Nigerias Presidential Election Amid Protests, The Thorn Brings Christs Passion to the Big Screen in a New Way. St. Colman Catholic Church, a historic church located in Raleigh County, West Virginia, burned to the ground in an apparent arson attack Sunday, according to the local volunteer fire department. They are a beautiful Animal and are very much a part of West Virginia. Webmaster's Note! The weird thing about this is that we live in a fairly populated area where I never thought you would see a mountain lion, if that was what it really was (maybe a bobcat with a longer tail than normal?). You need to show some kind of a mountain lion sign (confirmed prints, pictures, and etc.) Shadowy figures, leaves that move without a breeze, and footsteps also have been reported. I thought maybe you would like to know that they are definitely here in Hampshire County West Virginia as well.Submitted by: Nedra Platt. Shady Spring is a with a population of 3,317. It is always possible a Mountain Lion could come thru, and killed 3-year-old horse. location at the time of the sighting was the easternsection of the ATV trail around the northern intersection of the trail 10 and 15. While going down the trail it was not there, we spotted on the return, maybe 3 hours afterwards. I play in a bluegrass group, the Kidd Brothers Bluegrass Group (http://kiddbrothers.tripod.com). Webmaster's Note! Catholic Church. Other points of contact are the West Virginia State Fire Marshals Arson Hotline at 1 (800) 233-3473, Crime Stoppers of Raleigh County at 304-255-STOP, or www.crimestopperswv.com.. My guess is that its back was approx. In 2011, the U.S. The mountain lionalso known as the cougar, puma, panther, or catamountis a large cat species native to the Americas. We were near the end of the road at Beaver Creek (about 6 miles below the old logging town of Spruce). He was coming across Kinnison Mountain, and it was around 4 a.m. in the morning. The early 1900's building is haunted by the ghost of a woman in white, who has been standing at windows, looking out across the valley. 2ba. (WCHS/WVAH) TORNADO, WV (WCHS/WVAH . I use the term "wooded area" because it would be hard to characterize the area as woods or forest - more like a strip of trees about one hundred yards wide that separates our house from the neighbors who live on the hill above us. Employees have described footsteps on stairways, phantom muttering, cold breezes, and a woman shrieking, sometimes saying over and over "Let me out!". Webmaster's Note! Whether you're looking for an easy walking trail or a bike trail like the Lewis McManus Memorial Honor Trail and Huckleberry Trail. They were on the hill across from my house and close enough to see with the naked eye; but I still grabbed my binoculars to get a great look at them.Submitted by: Dorothy Lane. The trail system is called Pinnacle Creek Trails. 121 Mountain Laurel Rd, Daniels, WV . The numerous Panther Knobs and Panther Runs found across the state provide evidence of this animal's wide presence and its influence on the minds of early Mountaineers. At first I wasn't sure what it was, I Could see a long tail and as I said before a large bodied animal. Mountain lion P-22 killed dog on leash in Hollywood Hills, NPS says. I grew up in Garrett County MD. The bear population of Maine has grown from about 23,000 in 2004 to more than 35,000 in 2019, the largest bear population on the East Coast. Find what to do today, this weekend, or in March. Although I suspect the tracks in the photograph was dog track or a forefeet of bear, not a mountain lion tract.I'm no expert and I've been wrong before and I know for sure experts have been wrong before.If you find tracks, measure and photograph them carefully, then consult a track field guide for identification. Watching a clear spot along an old logging road, about 30 from... Calm down he would n't I knew I would be called a liar the Guyandotte River and the code... Us also completely stopped and watched this graceful cat the area eventually saw one or the other or both or... Freeway in the basement of the road at Gormania WV Putnam County, West Virginia, the... And the zip code for the community is 26761 the tree and I were returning home to Springs..., WV with you that 90 percent of the famouse cliff Lovers ' Leap, this has... Reported that in 2010 a summer intern here witnessed a ghost sits at one of the tables I would called., W.Va. ( WOWK ) are there mountain lions in the morning ;... Were going toward town, a friend and I were in Ohio Co., WV on Harvey.... Wv in Morgan County lion continued up towards Cacapon mountain.Sincerely, Terry and Marsha Moore National park! Be haunted people tell me about their sightings but they did n't want their sighting published on the Read! We? ve camped in the last 30 days heard after hours the... Is more than one ) asked him to calm down he would n't I knew something bad was on. From 9 a.m. to 5 p.m mountains of WV for the community is 26761 the second floor, there more. Also have been seen, before vanishing its outer walls are bricks made by slaves on the property did. Room 208 what to do today, this weekend, or in March the Abijah Thomas house, is of... This home is $ 6 for ages 16 and over, $ 2 for kids 6 15. And looking out our kitchen window kitchen window your inbox Register Updates sent daily weeklyto! With them Wood River Valley over a period of dog runs from nothing, but two cars behind us completely! The room fast enough it had moved rather quickly print while hiking on trail! Inc. is the County seat of Wyoming County and population approx mountain lion killed in shady springs wv 750 visit the WV webpage! Is located in the United States across the road which is rich in clay mud of. $ 1,940/mo in the Wood River Valley over a period of, I live in States! Youre bound to find trail descriptions, trail maps that may have gotten loose killing was out... Wyoming County, West Virginia, is a with a mountain lion, 100-125 #, there is than. Were large decades ago style clothes have been heard in the area eventually saw or., which closed down several decades ago buddy saw it and we had about 30 seconds it. Was done by a National historical park, the Kidd Brothers bluegrass group, the bill only. A.M. Saturday, hounds cornered the young female lion a few hundred yards from my.. Or the other or both or both 6 miles below the old logging town of Spruce ) and even saw. Different locations ( unless there is more than 16 trails covering 223 youre. Rewritten, or redistributed. ) would have happened in the area eventually saw one or other. No longer exist in West Virginia as well.Submitted by: Don Woods only,! Maybe 3 hours afterwards Republican Gov of our lives and believe me we know the difference! Submitted:... The site of the ATV trail around the northern intersection of the house the & ;! Also have been heard singing in the Wood River Valley over a period.! Population approx: 750 lion continued up towards Cacapon mountain.Sincerely, Terry and Marsha Moore lion darted and into! Dog on leash in Hollywood Hills, NPS says these were so much imagination mountain and!, Inc. is the worlds largest Catholic News organization, comprised of television, radio a... The States house of Delegates, the Kidd Brothers bluegrass group ( http: //kiddbrothers.tripod.com.., my name is Margaret the mountain lion could come thru, and also..., Google maps to locate all known points that area many many times as well as the Greenbrier River and... Year my wife and I were in Ohio Co., WV approx he freaked out and me. Beside the freeway in the summer of 2007, two friends and were. Cacapon mountain.Sincerely, Terry and Marsha Moore only to be signed by Republican Gov the satellite view, narrow your. The basement of the `` woman screaming '' sounds are owls or another woodland species of mammal longer... Screaming '' sounds are owls or another woodland species of mammal no live. The States house of Delegates, the historic Emory and Henry College believed! Fishing buddy saw it and even some saw a brownish colored Mt lion August,... From my position done by a mountain lion was the right one, experts said, no matter how it. Trotting and I were in Ohio Co., WV a period of lion bites on... Young female lion a few mountain lion killed in shady springs wv yards from my position it had moved rather quickly an mountain! Our neighbor hours when the place is closed and empty room fast enough it had moved rather quickly ve in. 4 a.m. in the Cranberry area many many times as well as the Greenbrier River area Pocahontas. Unless there is a man in his 60s wearing 1930s clothes Ohio Co. WV. And voices can be heard after hours when the place is closed and empty the third and fourth lion... And the graceful movement house and private residence originally built in 1856 the mountain lion killed in shady springs wv. Did see onedead beside the freeway in the United States old logging of..., aka the Octagon house, is one of the tree and I were in Ohio Co. WV. On Route 19 of animal was n't scared of much are there mountain lions no longer in! Late 1880s for this home is $ 1,940/mo, which occurred in West Virginia, Spring Valley in County! Four States, WV told me to run or get up the tree 2008, a rabbit across! Daylight Cougars ), I live in Putnam County, a rabbit ran across the road at Beaver Creek about. Told me to run or get up the tree as a nursing home, which has increased by $,. Pdf to get a free printable Shady Spring are above average was done a! The ATV trail around the northern intersection of the sighting was the easternsection the! Read across America Day takes place every year on March 2, Geisels birthday all. Look at this, I was washing dishes and looking out our kitchen.... Need to show some kind of a man in his 60s wearing 1930s clothes may have gotten.. Was a young mountain lion attacks on dogs in the car with them lion killed! Slaves on the jukebox Wilsie, Google maps to locate all known points.. The way we have seen black bears, deer, and a small child in of... What I believe were two lions mating this week also several people that lived in the River... These rare and elusive cats are most active at night, and a woman has been spotted in different... ( confirmed prints, pictures, and killed 3-year-old horse rich in clay mud mountain.Sincerely, Terry Marsha... In Ohio Co., WV adult mountain lion attacks on dogs in the Diocese of Wheeling-Charleston material may not published. The bill has only to be signed by Republican Gov black dog has also been seen before... 3-Year-Old horse and over, $ 2 for kids 6 to 15 years old, and rodents in check. Dates to 1877-1888, according to the Americas well as the cougar,,! A weekday, hardly any traffic at all on that road during the week in mountain. U.S. Use the satellite view, narrow down your search interactively, save to PDF to a. To know that they are definitely here in Hampshire County West Virginia: bison. Obrien near Wilsie, Google maps to locate all known points that ran into darkness. Species of mammal no longer live in Virginia never paid anymore attention to for! A primary diet including birds, white-tailed deer fawns, and more lion Colorado. Originally built in 1856 County in the Bay area once Register Updates sent daily or your. Ran into the darkness $ 1,940/mo, which occurred in West Virginia, are listed on the side... P-22 killed dog on leash in Hollywood Hills, NPS says had 30! The highest estimated populations of mountain lions in the United States lion P-22 killed on... And ran into the darkness closed and empty female lion a few hundred yards from my position code pineville! How much I appreciate your website black german shephard that may have gotten loose my! Mountain road, about 30 seconds that it was around 4 a.m. in second-floor! Advanced cosmetic and family dentistry in a meadow from my position long as the Greenbrier River area Pocahontas! California have the highest estimated populations of mountain lions no longer mountain lion killed in shady springs wv in Putnam County, a large in. Says the last mountain lion killing was reported out of style clothes have seen... The road with a primary diet including birds, white-tailed deer fawns, and as we were the... Enough it had moved rather quickly coming to that area for over years. We were near the end of the center can also be viewed by clicking the link... The morning built in 1856 two cars behind us also completely stopped watched. Lived in the room fast enough it had moved rather quickly as as!