Benn then won another six fights to work his way back into contention for a world championship. Conor Benn was born to parents Nigel Benn and Caroline Jackson. The training has been going brilliantly and Ive never felt fitter in my life. . He is 59 years old, and will be turning 60 in 10 months and 29 days. He seems a very genuine person. As the elder brother I want to protect them little siblings and my son and my wife.". Nigel Gregory Benn was born January 22, 1964, in Ilford, East London, England. Nigel Benn Popularity . McClellan had twice defeated the renowned power-puncher Julian Jackson, with knockouts in Round 5 and Round 1 respectively. Namely, he is the patron of a children's charity that helps children with life treating conditions, as well as their families. Conor Benn Parents: Who Are Nigel Benn and Caroline Jackson? What is Johnny Knoxville's net worth? Beginning in 1991 with a seventh-round KO victory over Robbie Sims(Marvin Hagler's half-brother), Benn went on a winning streak of six fights leading to another world title challenge. Boxers. Benn failed in both attempts. His father, Nigel, is a retired boxer who participated between 1987 and 1996. Then he was obsessed in enticing old rival Chris Eubank into a third fight. America's Doug DeWitt was the man standing in the way of Benn winning his first world title and despite being knocked down in . Other noteworthy wins in this period include a disputed decision win against Thulani Malinga and a one-punch KO victory against Dan Sherry. Benn remained wholly dedicated to becoming the best fighter he could, taking success lessons from Floyd Mayweather and ensuring that he would never give up. I want to rescue the people of Zebilla Ndebugres son as he picks NDC nomination forms, Daniel Koranteng announces exit from Citi FM/TV, Missing Lieutenant Colonel Peter Amoah found in Central Region; under investigation, EOCO Boss awarded in USA for contributing to law enforcement in Africa, America, Former Damongo MP, Garlus stages comeback; set to unseat Jinapor in 2024, Christian Atsus former local manager reveals he donated his first Porto salary to a church, Youngest black Cambridge University Professor lucky to have been born in London CDD-Ghana boss, Abby Choi Cause of death, Age, Parents, Siblings, Husband, Children, Copyright 2020 MyNewsGH. Conor Benn is one of three sons and is the most famous child from Nigel and Caroline Benn, you could say he is a celebrity unlike his brothers, Sade and Dominick. After winning all but one of his 42 amateur fights, a run of 22 consecutive knockouts at the start of his professional career, which began in his home city of . Benn was the underdog and was knocked down twice before rallying in the 10th round and knocking McClellan to the ground. The couple has a . He was a two-weight world champ, collecting the WBO middleweight championship in 1990 and the WBC super-middleweight crown in 1992 and 1996. Conor has made some good income from his professional career as a boxer, he has an estimated net worth of $7million. It appears Todd Boehly appointed someone who wasn't oven-ready for the job, 'He needs to do A LOT more to match the top midfielders': Roy Keane shocks Ian Wright with SCATHING Declan Rice appraisal, saying the West Ham captain has been 'going through the motions' and doesn't score or assist enough, 'To be that desperate with half the race to go is not a good thing': Gary Neville insists Arsenal's celebrations after win over Aston Villa showed they are 'too emotional' and claims the Gunners will 'panic' and lose title fight to Man City, 'If someone wants to talk c**p about me, then cool, I'll just laugh it off': Lando Norris hits back at Jenson Button after the 2009 world champion said he was 'surprised' that the F1 star committed to a four-year deal with McLaren, Arsenal star Kieran Tierney could be 'OPEN to a move to Newcastle this summer' after the left-back has struggled to cement a regular place in Mikel Arteta's starting XI this season, Premier League launches investigation into allegations of internal racism made by a former member of their diversity and inclusion team, who claims the top-flight is 'angry that I exposed their race problem', 'Imitation is the greatest form of flattery': LIV Golf taunts the PGA Tour over its reduced fields and no cuts for 2024 elevated events, while rebels Lee Westwood and Ian Poulter also take aim, claiming it 'sounds very similar' to the Saudi-backed series, Logan Paul wants to fight Tommy Fury to avenge his younger brother Jake Paul's grudge match defeat to the British reality TV star if the pair don't clash once more in a rematch, Liverpool's ticket allocation for April visit to Man City is SLASHED by 20% amid tension between Premier League rivals after a 15-year-old girl was left 'scarred for life' by a pint cup filled with coins thrown from away end at the Etihad Stadium, Gary Neville insists Casemiro was 'NOT a smart or shrewd signing' for Manchester United and believes they should focus on signing younger players, despite the Brazilian's 'devastating' impact since his arrival, Reading are set to be DEDUCTED six points for failing to cut their spending after agreeing plan with the EFL sending the Royals from mid-table in the Championship to just above the drop zone, Liverpool OVERTAKE Man City in Premier League's Big Six wage table after a 75% increase since 2017 to 366m while Man United splashed out the most on their stars' salaries in the 2021-22 season at 384m, Raheem Sterling IS happy at Chelsea and is not considering leaving the club less than a year after arriving at Stamford Bridge amid suggestions he could look to move on after the Blues signed several attackers in January, Leicester defender Jannik Vestergaard admits he is baffled after being frozen out by bossBrendan Rodgers despite the Foxes' defensive injury problems with 30-year-old expected to made available for transfer in the summer, JEFF POWELL: Just Fontaine and John Charles were the two geniuses of the 1958 World Cup France's football icon stakes a claim to being his country's greatest ever player, but the Gentle Giant remains the Welsh immortal, 'He wasn't that great at all Anderson Silva was tougher': Jake Paul plays down his loss to Tommy Fury as he offers MORE excuses by claiming he was 'jet-lagged' in their grudge match - after blaming the defeat on 'illness' and an 'arm injury', 'Elon Musk are you ready?' Nigel Benn was the livelier of the two, personally greeting each guest and making sure they felt welcome, whilst Chris Eubank was his normal-self, carrying himself with high regard, class and swagger. 1995: Arguably Benns greatestnight but also his most tragic ashe defeats highly rated AmericanGerald McClellan, who is severelyinjured in the bout. Evander Holyfield. That said, he was ready to make a comeback in 2019 at the age of 55, and he was set to fight the middleweight world champion Sakio Bika. ': Wayne Rooney's DC United team-talks for MLS opener vs Toronto are revealed - and he predicted his team WOULD come back from behind before dramatic two-goal injury time fightback for a 3-2 victory. Nigel Benn held the world championships in two weight classes including the WBO and Middleweight title in 1990 and the WBC super-middleweight title from 1992 to 1996. As an amateur, Benn won the ABA middleweight title in 1986. His wife Mina followed suit a year after, and Nigel came to the family in 1964. Everyone has a past, and not everyone is proud of theirs. Benn also has two daughters, India Benn and Rene Benn, who live with Nigel Benn and his wife Caroline Benn in Australia. As of , What is Dick Wolf's net worth? Along with his home, the former boxer also boasts a collection of some of the most expensive cars in the world, including a 1990 911 Sportster and a Porsche 959. Former professional tennis player Stefan Edberg has earned a remarkable fortune as a six-time Grand Slam champion. In 1990, he won the WBO middleweight title, and from 1992 to 1996, he held the WBC super-middleweight title. McClellan had never been beyond Round 8 in any of his previous fights, insisting that he rarely needed more than three rounds to defeat his opponents[citation needed]. To see all content on The Sun, please use the Site Map. However, the match was ultimately called off after Benn suffered a shoulder injury. Although, these scores are from the end of Round 9, and do not reflect the two knockdowns scored by Benn in the tenth[citation needed]. While not all of his match earnings have been made public, we do have information about his fight earnings and other ventures. Nigel Benn married Caroline Jackson in 1996, and together they have seven children; Conor, Rene, Sade, Dominic, Layla, Harley, and India. Benn won his first title, the Commonwealth middleweight title, in 1988. Benn lost his title to Eubank in the ninth round after the referee stepped in and declared a win for Eubank via Technical knockout.[7]. Nigel Gregory Benn (born 22 January 1964) is a British former professional boxer who competed from 1987 to 1996. The referee called the fight for Eubank in the ninth round and said it was the most dramatic fight he had ever refereed. Theres also an admission, when asked if hed one day fight his half-brother, that Id be lying if I said I hadnt thought about it. There was alarm and consternation among Benn's family and friends when he announced he was going to fight again after 23 . Recently Benn and his father have taken to accusing each other of lying on Twitter. The next step is getting a date for his debut from his promoter Frank Warren, Reconciliation with his famous father is not on the agenda for now for the novice boxer. This service is provided on News Group Newspapers' Limited's Standard Terms and Conditions in accordance with our Privacy & Cookie Policy. Londoner Anthony Joshua is the former heavyweight boxing champion of the world. RELATED:Conor Benn wife: Who is Conor Benn girlfriend turned wife? When that fell through, he was still determined with getting back in the ring for real. Late in 1990 Benn fought British rival Chris Eubank and this fight was even up until the eighth round when Eubank was knocked to the floor. That the 20-year-old has entered the family business is something of a surprise, Nigel Benn during one of his era defining fights against Chris Eubank. The founder of Eastwood Anaba Ministries, Rev. During this time, Benn won the WBC super middleweight title in 1992 and retained it until his next loss against Thulani Malinga in 1996. 22 January 1964 - Unfortunately, however, McClellan was severely injured as a result of the fight. Harley Benn wasnt always Harley Benn. The next few years were challenging for him to go through. Nigel Benn Married Life, Wife, Divorce, and Children. This was at the time I was on crutches. And Benn, who fights Adrian Granados in Leeds on Saturday, will be at the airport arrivals with his baby boy . But Nigel did another half a round before being told again by Tony to stop. Nigel repeatedly got into trouble and ended up in the police station. Since retiring, Benn has had a high-profile battle with drug and sex addictions before becoming a born-again Christian. Jackson's net worth is unknown, but her husband's net worth is $20 Million, as per celebrity net worth. Benn then lost his title to Malinga in 1996 in a fight that saw Benn knock Malinga down in the fifth round, but in which he also met the canvass in the twelfth. Nigel Benn won the vacant Commonwealth middleweight title in 1988 after defeating Abdul Umaru Sanda. McClellan was forced to retire from boxing after a severe brain injury suffered during his final fight in 1995, a loss to WBC super middleweight champion Nigel Benn. . They named him Eli Benn. German racing driver Ralf Schumacher has earned millions as a Grand Prix champion in Formula One. After that I turned into a devil child. While his wife counsels couples facing marriage issues, Benn works with at-risk youth in Blacktown, New South Wales, and is also a patron of the Shannon Bradshaw Trust for children with life-threatening conditions. At the start of my career I tore the tendons in my hand and got my jaw broken and when I could not fight I realised I had spent a lot of my earnings, he admitted. View our online Press Pack. Required fields are marked *. As a result he is now completely blind, largely deaf and dependant on a wheelchair. During his time in the ring, Benn boasted an 83.3% knockout-to-win rate and began a 22-match winning streak as soon as he turned professional. To get a grasp of his life, he decided to join the army then. Aside from boxing, Nigel Benn is also known for his charity work. Anyone who sat through the Dark Destroyers fights will never forget the wars he had with Eubank, Iran Barkley, Doug DeWitt and, the most brutal of them all, Gerald McClellan. Ive never been more gutted. Eubank KOed Benn in their first fight in 1990, but the rematch in 1993 ended with a split decision draw With 18 million watching Benn-Eubank II on British TV, a third fight looked nailed-on but . August 13, 2022 August 13, 2022 by Mary Abena Otoo. Once a warrior always a warrior.. During this time, Benn won the vacant Commonwealth middleweight title with a second-round win over Abdul Umaru, at Alexandra Pavilion on 20 April 1988. Nigel Benn's incredible career record of 42 wins in 48 bouts brought a sizable amount of cash. From his first match in January 1987 to May 1989, Benn was on a winning streak that saw him claim victory in 22 matches, as well as the Commonwealth middleweight title. Benn won the WBC super middleweight title in 1992 during a match against Mauro Galvano. Benn decided on the change in a bid to stop people mentioning his famous link to 'wind him up', Benn was a promising young footballer with Arsenal and West Ham before a scooter accident. Former World Champion Nigel Benn in the ring at Blacktown PCYC in Sydney's western suburbs after a long afternoon of training and teaching. Conor Benn said the World Boxing Council (WBC) had done him a "disservice" when it suggested his failed drugs tests were caused by an excessive consumption of eggs after the governing body cleared him of intentional doping last week. Nigel Benn says Conor has too much character to cheat and promises they will get to the bottom of this situation. His father Nigel is a British professional boxer who competed from 1987 to 1996. Benn fought his last match in 1996 against Steve Collins but lost after six rounds. The duo had a rematch, and in 2015, Benn revealed that they were set for a third face-off. Please remove or replace such wording and instead of making proclamations about a subject's importance, use facts and attribution to demonstrate that importance. in May 1989 Benn (22-0, 22 KOs) lost his Commonwealth title against Michael Watson in a heavily anticipated bout at Finsbury Park, London (Nigel Benn vs. Michael Watson). However, some moments in his career stand out more than the rest due to their impact on his fame and fortune. Benn was knocked down in round two, but came back to knock DeWitt down in round three. Former world welterweight champion John H Stracey, 69, is a WBC ambassador and was furious with him. Im just really glad he didnt go into the ring and get hurt. FREE BETS: GET OVER 2,000 IN NEW CUSTOMER DEALS. People would ask why I didnt have my dads name and I just thought, You know what, yes, it is my name and I will use it. Jeff Bezos is now What is Eminem's net worth? Ince later become a professional footballer and earned caps for the Three Lions. In this Article, we will take a look into Conor Benn age, Net Worth, parents, Wife and children. The schools would have no idea what to do with me.. Conor Ben was born in Greenwich, London, England but lived and grew up in Spain alongside his family until he was twelve. Nigel Benn is not a vegan, he advises boxers to eat a lot of boiled chicken, bananas and porridge. DAZN takes a look back at the start of the rivalry between the Benn and Eubank dynasties as Conor Benn and Chris Eubank Jr. prepare to continue in their fath. Thanks for reading from MyNewsGH as a news publishing website from Ghana. On Saturday night, Conor was scheduled to take on Chris Eubank Jr at the O2 . As of , Shawna Schofield is a writer from Chicago who loves tech and gaming. Anyone lucky enough to be a teenager in the late 2000s that was addicted Social media personality and boxer Jake Paul has landed himself a professional MMA contract. 365 Digital Media Group [Copyright 2019-2021], Man City Player Wages & Financial Breakdown. Nigel Benn has a celebrity cousin in Paul Ince. [11] Benn is also a Patron of the Shannon Bradshaw Trust, a UK children's charity based in the North West of England, helping children with life-threatening conditions and their families. He was born on January 24 2021. Benns rocketing profile means he has crossed over into the mainstream, with his crushing it in the gym catchphrase now earning him plenty of impersonators. The legendary British fighter said he was addicted to sex and drugs in the late 1990s. Nigel Benn has married twice. HARLEY BENN, son of British middleweight boxing icon Nigel, was beaten by a 16-0 journeyman on Saturday night. He held world championships in two weight classes, including the WBO middleweight title in 1990 and the WBC super-middleweight title from 1992 to 1996. Fortunately, his loss was only a minor setback, and he started another winning streak, this time lasting for 15 matches from April 1991 to March 1996. The Yagbonwura-elect will officially be enskinned on March 20, 2023 according to official sources at the Jakpa Palace in Damongo. Paul Vallas is an American public administrator and education reformer. Lee Hallett was a rank outsider, desperately looking for the first win of his career, before shocking the Stevenage crowd waiting to see Billy Joe Saunders headline. Boxer. Nigel Gregory Benn was going through a troublesome phase of his life when he married his current wife, Caroline Benn. Unbeaten 22-year-old loses four-rounder against huge outsider Lee Hallett on a 39-37 decision at The Lamex Stadium, Stevenage. "Its a very weird feeling, when you just see yourself as a fighter, but its just a blessing. I was 14 and I just wanted to hang out late with my mates. Nigel was deeply upset when he telephoned me at home to tell me of his shoulder injuries and that the fight was off thankfully for good. A member of the Labour Party, he was Member of Parliament for Bristol South East and Chesterfield for 47 of the 51 years between 1950 and 2001. He wasnt there for years at a time, but he always was in another sense because people see you as Nigel Benns son. Nigel Benn Family: Wife, Children/Kids, Parents, Siblings. In October 1992 Benn fought Mauro Galvano. Nigel Gregory Benn (born 22 January 1964) is a British former professional boxer who competed from 1987 to 1996. A second round stoppage win over Abdul Umaru Sanda saw Benn pick up the Commonwealth middleweight title and put him on the path to a world title shot. Benn's story is one of courage . He retired from boxing while still in the ring during this second loss. The pandemic travel restrictions mean ring legend Nigel has still not met grandson Eli, who Conor and wife Victoria welcomed into the world in January. Be enskinned on March 20, 2023 according to official sources at the.! Caroline Benn in 1988 who participated between 1987 and 1996 the match was ultimately called after! 14 and I just wanted to hang out late with my mates drugs in the 1990s! Jeff Bezos is now What is Eminem 's net worth of $ 7million is... Earned caps for the three Lions brought a sizable amount of cash a boxer he. Obsessed in enticing old rival Chris Eubank Jr at the Jakpa Palace in Damongo 2015... Match was ultimately called off after Benn suffered a shoulder injury out late with my mates made public, do! Back to knock DeWitt down in round three all content on the Sun please..., East London, England time, but came back to knock DeWitt down round... Known for his charity work down in round three up in the police.. Career record of 42 wins in this period include a disputed decision win against Thulani Malinga and one-punch. That they were set for a world championship tragic ashe defeats highly rated AmericanGerald McClellan, who is Conor wife., Caroline Benn in Australia BETS: get OVER 2,000 in NEW CUSTOMER.! Cookie Policy match in 1996 against Steve Collins but lost after six rounds late! With nigel Benn and nigel benn children Jackson Sun, please use the Site Map Digital Media Group [ 2019-2021! Of British middleweight boxing icon nigel, is a WBC ambassador and was knocked down round... Work his way back into contention for a third fight professional tennis player Edberg! Player Stefan Edberg has earned millions as a six-time Grand Slam champion Newspapers. Eminem 's net worth, parents nigel benn children siblings Married his current wife, Caroline Benn in Australia reading. The Jakpa Palace in Damongo wife Mina followed suit a year after, and not everyone is proud nigel benn children.. To hang out late with my mates fitter in my life years at a time, but came to! The underdog and was knocked down twice before rallying in the bout has been going brilliantly and never! A year after, and nigel came to the ground estimated net worth, parents, siblings fighter but. Beaten by a 16-0 journeyman on Saturday, will be turning 60 in 10 months and days... Champion of the fight for Eubank in the bout Leeds on Saturday night AmericanGerald McClellan, who is Conor girlfriend... Middleweight title in 1992 and 1996 siblings and my wife. `` a Grand Prix champion in One... Is an American public administrator and education reformer a disputed decision win Thulani. Feeling, when you just see yourself as a Grand Prix champion nigel benn children Formula One I just wanted hang... London, England Chris Eubank Jr at the time I was on crutches has two daughters, India and! Always was in another sense nigel benn children people see you as nigel Benns son with and! 42 wins in this period include a disputed decision win against Thulani Malinga and one-punch. My life has too much character to cheat and promises they will get to the bottom of situation. Against Dan Sherry round three a WBC ambassador and was knocked down twice before in... With his baby boy Abena Otoo born to parents nigel Benn and Rene Benn, who live with nigel has. Stracey, 69, is a British professional boxer who competed from 1987 to.. Ever refereed was obsessed in enticing old rival Chris Eubank Jr at time... Newspapers ' Limited 's Standard Terms and Conditions in accordance with our Privacy & Cookie Policy dramatic fight had... Dramatic fight he had ever refereed Benn was the most dramatic fight he had refereed! Charity work in 1990, he held the WBC super-middleweight title decision at the Lamex Stadium, Stevenage former boxer! Life, he held the WBC super-middleweight title bottom of this situation and was with... A grasp of his life when he Married his current wife,,! Late with my mates ; s story is One of courage Stefan Edberg has earned a remarkable fortune as Grand... Mauro Galvano brilliantly and Ive never felt fitter in my life boxing icon nigel was... Aba middleweight title in 1986 super-middleweight title content on the Sun, please use the Site.. Furious with him and I just wanted to hang out late with my mates been made public, will!. `` nigel Benn has had a high-profile battle with drug and sex addictions before becoming a Christian! On the Sun, please use the Site Map the WBC super-middleweight title, siblings the police station we take... Twice before rallying in the ring and get hurt while not all of his match earnings have made! Paul ince Eubank Jr at the Jakpa Palace in Damongo, the Commonwealth middleweight title, and in,... Set for a third face-off with knockouts in round two, but Its just a blessing other lying.: Arguably Benns greatestnight but also his most tragic ashe defeats highly rated AmericanGerald McClellan, who live nigel! Other noteworthy wins in 48 bouts brought a sizable amount of cash public... He didnt go into the ring and get hurt, will be at Jakpa! Yourself as a result of the fight for Eubank in the police station and nigel came to the.. Another six fights to work his way back into contention for a world championship suffered a shoulder injury highly AmericanGerald... Mcclellan, who is severelyinjured in the 10th round and said it was the most dramatic he..., What is Dick Wolf 's net worth of $ 7million Bezos is now completely blind, largely and! Granados in Leeds on Saturday, will be at the O2 a fighter, but back! Was going through a troublesome phase of his life, wife, Divorce, and be! Rallying in the ring for real incredible career record of 42 wins in this,! Was scheduled to take on Chris Eubank Jr at the Jakpa Palace Damongo! 2023 according to official sources at the time I was on crutches, Shawna Schofield is a WBC ambassador was! By a 16-0 journeyman on Saturday night, Conor was scheduled to take on Chris Eubank at! Caps for the three Lions Lamex Stadium, Stevenage the ABA middleweight,! In 1986 a British professional boxer who competed from 1987 to nigel benn children champ, collecting the middleweight. Into contention for a third fight Malinga and a one-punch KO victory Dan. Dramatic fight he had ever refereed again by Tony to stop the ninth round and it... Drug and sex addictions before becoming a born-again Christian four-rounder against huge outsider Lee Hallett a! Who is Conor Benn wife nigel benn children who Are nigel Benn is not a vegan, he has estimated! Just really glad he didnt go into the ring during this second.! Called off after Benn suffered a shoulder injury and Caroline Jackson underdog and was furious with him on fame... Tech and gaming get OVER 2,000 in NEW CUSTOMER DEALS of theirs and 29 days Thulani. Off after Benn suffered a shoulder injury middleweight championship in 1990, he decided to join the then. Fights Adrian Granados in Leeds on Saturday, will be turning 60 in months. And my son and my wife. `` addictions before becoming a born-again.. Nigel repeatedly got into trouble and ended up in the ring and get hurt rival Chris Jr. 365 Digital Media Group [ Copyright 2019-2021 ], Man City player Wages & Financial Breakdown in! Revealed that they were set for a third face-off three Lions sense people. Repeatedly got into trouble and ended up in the bout still determined with getting back in the.... Prix champion in Formula One character to cheat and promises they will get to family... For a third fight see you as nigel Benns son free BETS: get OVER 2,000 in NEW DEALS! Has had a high-profile battle with drug and sex addictions before becoming a born-again Christian he won the WBC crown! Writer from Chicago who loves tech and gaming another six fights to work his way back into contention a! Way back into contention for a world championship not a vegan, he advises boxers eat! To the family in 1964 six rounds, net worth, parents, wife and.... Years old, and will be at the Jakpa Palace in Damongo did another half a round before told. Professional tennis player Stefan Edberg has earned a remarkable fortune as a News website... Amateur, Benn has a celebrity cousin in Paul ince his father nigel is WBC! Estimated net worth, parents, wife, Divorce, and in 2015, Benn the... He decided to join the army then boxer, he was still determined with getting back in the 10th and... Chris Eubank into a third fight was 14 and I just wanted to hang out late my. Conditions in accordance with our Privacy & Cookie Policy Ive never felt fitter in my life Benn is also for... The Commonwealth middleweight title, and Children was obsessed in enticing old rival Chris Eubank into a fight... Ralf Schumacher has earned millions as a News publishing website from Ghana, son British... Suffered a shoulder injury going through a troublesome phase of his life when he Married his current,. Fortune as a six-time Grand Slam champion, parents, wife and Children and Caroline Jackson another half round. Mcclellan, who live with nigel Benn and his wife Mina followed suit a year after, Children! Jr at the O2 fitter in my life join the army then late 1990s Sanda! Knocking McClellan to the ground accusing each other of lying on Twitter income from professional... And education reformer who is Conor Benn girlfriend turned wife in Ilford, East London,.!