The following weeks brought wins over Sammy Sanders, Bob Bradley, Fuji and Rose, but also losses to Graham and Muraco, most of which were by countout or disqualification. This ignited a series of wins over the likes of Jack Evans and his previous opponents The Black Demon and Bulldog Brower. This trend was broken with the arrival of August, when Morales bested other figures including Blackjack Lanza and Stan Stasiak. A second feud, this time with Don Muraco was not as successful and he experienced mixed results, but also winning more often than he lost. Aug 5: WWE SummerSlam, > Archives Required fields are marked *. His (Pedros) mom was a businesswoman, and advised him often. [57] On September 20, 1986, Morales defeated Jake Roberts. [41], On May 5, 1978, Morales returned to Puerto Rico for one night and teamed with Rivera. This was followed by a series of tag team matches along Santana and Danny Spivey, which ended with a 21 balance. [63] Despite living a low profile life following his retirement, he was the inspiration for homages and mentions throughout the decades which followed. katherine grainger gordonstoun. Pedros career was building popularity, and it was around this time, when he was in Hawaii, Vince McMahon, Sr., began talking to him about coming to New York, stated Johnson-Morales. [31] The following month featured feuds which ended in Morales earning several victories over Pampero Firpo, Tanaka, Iaukea and Albano. So, when settling on the west coast, it wasnt unexpected for Johnson-Morales, during some downtime, to venture out to local arenas for wrestling shows. Despite now serving mainly as a tag team performer along Manny Cruz, Raul Mata, Pat Patterson, Cowboy Lang and The Haitian Kid among others, he also remained a singles attraction, gathering wins over Ricky Hunter, The Brute and winning a feud over Kurt Von Brauner during the following two months. When I saw there were going to be matches in Long Beach, I went, recalled Johnson-Morales. I arrived early to pick out a good view from the bleachers. This led to a feud against Don Muraco, to whom Morales dropped the Intercontinental Heavyweight Championship on June 20, 1981. Jul 1: Money in the Bank He was my hero. [9] During the next two years, he wrestled in Virginia and North Carolina, particularly in the towns of Petersburg, Virginia and Charlotte, North Carolina. To begin the following year, Mr. Saito and The Invaders were included in the feud, teaming with Muraco and Fuji on alternate events. Apr 16: Impact Rebellion To close the year, Morales defeated Tanaka individually and in tag team action, before going on to defeat Wolfe on several occasions. Along Prez, he retook their feud with the Grahams, picking a second victory. In 2003, he expressed interest in returning to live permanently in a coastal town near the Caribbean Sea once his wife retired. His next two feuds featured him getting disqualified and defeated by Muraco, exchanging results with Hercules and dominating Moondog Rex. The following night he claimed a win over Valentine. [28] However, in his final contest of the month he suffered a loss to Stan Stasiak. We invite you to share condolences for Pedro Morales in our Guest Book. "Pedro was a magnanimous man," said Johnson-Morales during a recent telephone conversation with SlamWrestling.net from her home in Woodbridge, New Jersey. He was very young and handsome; in his prime. [38] Morales began the summer by teaming with Patterson on a consistent basis, sometimes alternating to include Peter Maivia, Don Muraco or a random wrestler. Next, along with my brother and his wife, I went to the matches at Olympic Auditorium in Los Angeles.. Pedro Antonio Morales (October 22, 1942 February 12, 2019) was a Puerto Rican professional wrestler. For the fans, Morales was an athlete to admire. Later in the year, he formed a recurrent tag team with Perez and feuded with Pedro Rodriguez. He is best known for his appearances in the United States with Worldwide Wrestling Associates (WWA) and the World Wide Wrestling Federation (WWWF). [57] The following month opened with victories over Sika, Muraco and Lombardi, but also included loses to Dino Bravo, Butch Reed, Kamala and Hercules. He won his next match by defeating George Cannon, forming a brief partnership with Hahn Lee that only lasted for a month. In mid-1996, Morales appeared at an event of the short lived American Wrestling Federation, in the championship match between Bob Orton, Jr. and Tito Santana, along with other superstars and legends like Sgt. Individually, he gained victories over several familiar performers including Lee, Barry O, Gibbs and The Spoiler, also winning a series against Alexi Smirnoff and losing a single time to Orton. Name: Pedro Morales, Phone number: (732) 750-3959, State: NJ, City: Woodbridge, Zip Code: 7095 and more information Person Phone Address Enter a full name Enter a city and a state Log in Pedro Morales from Woodbridge, NJ Age:48 years old Also known as: Mr Pedro Morales,Pedro Morales View Full Report Mobile number View Current Number TOP PHOTO: Pedro Morales is fired up while facing Larry The Axe Hennig. [52], During the months of March and April 1985, Morales participated in tag team matches for the WWF, including participation in a show held in Kuwait. Im doing very well, and I miss Pedro. His wife began working at Avenel Street Elementary School. Twitter. [21] On November 7, 1968, Morales challenged Gene Kiniski for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship, but failed to win the match. Two babyfaces were in the main event, and, 75 minutes later, the timekeepers bell rang, ending the match. I have an original ticket, boasted Johnson-Morales of the famous WWWF main event. WWF IC Champion Pedro Morales fought Superstar Billy Graham to a double disqualification . During this stage, he also changed tag team partners frequently, teaming with Better Boucher, Ramon Torres and Billy Red Lyons among others, gathering mixed results. Slaughter, ending their respective storylines. Instead, Morales elected to train in order to become a professional wrestler, in the process gaining twenty pounds. > Career Records The team was successful in their next encounter against Kinji Shibuya and Mitsu Arakawa. [61] This accomplishment has since been duplicated by Jack Melndez and Willie Urbina. Morales also scored wins over the likes of Beautiful Bobby and Tarzan Tyler, who eventually teamed up with Luke Graham, which turned into a double feud against both. The details she dishes are those to be jealous of. [11] Due to working during a time where the ring featured no methods of protection, Morales suffered several injuries that continued to linger after his career was over, limiting the amount of physical exercise that he was capable of doing. During the following two months, Morales recorded a series of draws in matches against Ripper Collins, Billy Robinson and Kinji Shibuya twice. Morales later went on to defeat Mr. X, Terry Gibbs and Steve Lombardi during the following months. [38], Four days later, Morales returned to California, wrestling for the Big Time Wrestling territory in San Francisco. Such a great story of my childhood hero! When he was 16 years old, he was selected in the Liga de Bisbol Profesional de Puerto Rico's (now known as Liga de Bisbol Profesional Roberto Clemente) first year draft by the Leones de Ponce. Concurrently to this series, he was involved in a 3-on-3 match. [53] The second half of the month brought wins in two matches along with Santana and singles success over opponents that he had previously wrestled. Woodbridge, NJ PEDRO MORALES OBITUARY Pedro Morales Woodbridge - Pedro Morales of Woodbridge passed away on Monday, February 11, 2019. After recovering with wins over Koloff and Saito, Morales and Johnson regained the NWA Florida Tag Team Championship on February 14, 1978. [51] On his first match of 1983, the result was repeated, this time in a match involving Graham. I taught for three years, elementary children. [52], After a brief interruption where he bested Swede Hanson in a WWF card held at New York, Morales returned to CSP joining Carlos Coln, Sr. to win the CSP World Tag Team Championship over The Medics. [11] Despite being a resident of this area, he continued to travel frequently to Puerto Rico, visiting the archipelago multiple times per year. 14112-1 Pedro A. Morales of Woodbridge passed away on Wednesay, June 4, 2014 at JFK Medical Center in Edison. In March, he was involved in a program with Karl Von Stroheim, winning a series of matches against him and teaming with Mr. Moto and Luis Hernandez to win tag team matches that also included Kurt Von Stroheim. [42] On November 8, 1979, Morales returned to NJPW, besting Kengo Kimura, Kuniaki Kobayashi, drawing with Tatsumi Fujinami and losing to Antonio Inoki. Morales advanced further by besting Mike Rotundo in the quarterfinals and Nikolai Volkoff in the semifinals, but lost the final to Harley Race. [11] He was raised in Culebra throughout his childhood and remained there until reaching his adolescence, when his mother sent him to live with an aunt in Brooklyn, New York, to finish his high school education. He is pointing his index finger at me, asking for me to come over to him. Individually, Morales then entered a streak of draws, before rebounding with wins over Rick Renaldo, Rocky Montero, The Alaskan, Lou Anthony, Rocky Montero and The Masked Invader. [17] He subsequently split results against Shereef, also besting Rip Miller and Austin on several occasions during November. [4][5][6][7][8] The first Latino to hold a world heavyweight championship, his combined reign as WWWF Heavyweight Champion remains among the longest in history. He was so good to me, and took care of me. > Sporting Connection [31] To continue this run, he defeated George Steele in New York. Sunnyside Gardens, located at the corner of 45th Street and Queens Boulevard, was a quick ride for me on the Triboro bus, and $3.00 was the cost of my general admission ticket. [34] Throughout April and May, he successfully faced a number of recycled adversaries, including Mayne, Wolfe and Tanaka, along with wins over new ones such as Don Leo Jonathan and Mike McCord, aka Austin Idol. [42] On August 9, 1980, he won the WWF Tag Team Championship along with Backlund by besting Afa and Sika, the Wild Samoans, at the Showdown at Shea 1980. NJ - Monmouth College Center - January 7, 1983 . [28] Different tag teams along with Monsoon, Jay Strongbow and Manuel Soto experienced similar success. Entered into eternal rest peacefully at home, on Saturday, F [50] After being resumed, Morales won two more matches over Valentine, once again being disqualified in the third, before coming back to win in a Texas Death match. The two were married in Puerto Rico. There are tights, boots, and ring jackets still in the Woodbridge home that remind Johnson-Morales of her late husbands professional success. Thats when I first saw Pedro. Cremation will be private. On December 28, 1982, Morales wrestled Don Muraco to a double disqualification draw. [9] As a traveling performer, he amassed mixed results, with most of his victories taking place in British Columbia, where Morales defeated Tarzan Potvin, Tony Nero, Bud Rattal, Tommy O'Toole and Johnny Demchuk in a two-month period, before losing three challenges to Oliver Winrush. (Pedro) was a very smart businessman.. Slaughter, defeating him by disqualification. > Canadian Hall of Fame This resulted in Morales defeating Curtis Iaukea for the NWA Hawaii Heavyweight Championship on May 21, 1969, and Kiniski for the NWA North American Heavyweight Championship less than a month afterwards. It was like fireworks went off for me. A feud with Killer Karl Kox ended in individual and team losses, a streak which ended costing them the titles. A self-proclaimed "old school" wrestler, he was not interested in the overselling of gimmicks and spectacle that is seen in modern professional wrestling, despite admitting the economic success of the "sports entertainment" formula. anthony apocalypse costume; mark dellagrotte record; shohreh aghdashloo ever after; wendy's employment verification; is it haram to wear shorts to sleep | Funeral Home Website by Batesville Home | Margarita Cardenas. [74] From 2003 onwards, the World Wrestling Council approached Morales and offered holding an Aniversario event in his honor, but he declined the invitations for ten years. Nate Scaccia, a contributor to the website Bleacher Report, considers Morales the best Intercontinental champion of all time, ranking first in the title's entry at the website's WWE Champion Series. [22] In the final events of the year, he defeated "The Original Sheik" Ed Farhat, got disqualified twice against Tank Morgan and wrestled Johhny Barend. [85] Morales died on February 12, 2019, in Perth Amboy, New Jersey at the age of 76. This was followed by a visit to Kansas, where Morales defeated Alex Perez and lost to Jesse Ventura. Morales made a one-night appearance in Hawaii during the summer, besting Pat Patterson. Your email address will not be published. To close the year, Morales joined Mark Lewin to recapture the WWA World Tag Team Championship on December 10, 1966. [25] On January 7, 1971, Morales won the vacant WWWF United States Championship by defeating Blassie in a tournament final. [47] During the month of June, he also scored consecutive wins over his former rivals Killer Khan and Sgt. [4] He retired from professional wrestling in 1987. silver cloud point ruston restaurant menu. During August 1971, Morales scored several victories over Graham and Tyler, also besting them as a tag team and in a 3-on-3 match that included Lou Albano. [27] Meanwhile, The Wolfman and Bulldog Brower became recurrent enhancement talents during this run. [36] Morales' title run lasted 1,027 days, remaining to this date the longest reign by any Latino and the fifth longest overall. [51] During the month of November, he divided honors with Graham, also scoring victories over Tony Russo and Fuji. [39] To open 1977, he continued to trend in matches including Tom DeMarco, Mike Soma, Mad Dog Vachon, Baron Von Raschke, Poisson, Bobby Duncum, Moose Morowski and Jim Brunzell, also winning a battle royale and drawing in a series against The Super Destroyer. Both of Morales' teams managed to record a successful run against an assortment of teams that included different combinations of opponents such as Stan Stasiak, Tom Andrews, Blassie, Austin, Patterson and Ray Stevens among others. [40] This reign was short, lasting only two weeks before dropping them to Saito and Mr. Sato. Following this, he returned in two tag team matches, before defeating Stasiak twice in three rematches. Sign in with Twitter Morales made his only WrestleMania appearance in 1986 when he was a part of a 20-man invitational battle royal at WrestleMania 2. [15][32] Subsequently, both performers embraced, signifying the end of their rivalry and the reformation of the tag team. Sadly, for me and countless others who found joy in wrestling, beginning back in the early 1970s, we lost our hero on February 11, 2019. A legendary 1972 match against Bruno Sammartino ended in a draw - and an embrace between the two champs - after 75 minutes of wrestling. [38] During the second half of the year, he bested Nikolai Volkoff and Strong Kobayashi, before exchanging results in a long-running feud against Killer Kowalski. I was teaching in Kansas City. Sunnyside Queens was a long way from Culebra (Puerto Rico). [55] This was followed with wins over Goulet, Thorthon, Steve Lombardi and a successful feud against Orton. [71] In September 2016, the promotion joined NBC Universo to commemorate National Hispanic Heritage Month, creating a series highlighting the career of several wrestlers including Morales. [12] A year later, his father signed the documentation required by the New York State Athletic Commission in order to begin his career as an underage performer. [9], In August, Morales traveled to Texas and was involved in a series of matches with Jack and Jim Dalton, facing them along multiple tag team partners. As a 12-year-old, I saw first-hand just how special then the World Wide Wrestling Federation (WWWF) Heavyweight Champion was. Photo by John Arezzi. [14] Morales also won a battle royale held in Fort Worth, Texas and brought closure to his feud with El Mongol by besting him on February 13, 1966. In turn, Morales ended the year with wins over Matt Borne, The Spoiler, Smirnoff, Barry O and Mike Sharpe, in the process successfully teaming with Santana. It was after the matches, Pedro sees me. He was 40 years old. When the evenings show finally arrived for the main event that January 15, I was so sold on the action I would see in the title clash and for the next three decades wrestling would consume me. It was cancer that took Morales from us. Woodbridge, New Jersey Pedro A Torres (age 46) is listed at 311 Campbell St Woodbridge, Nj 07095 and has no political party affiliation. Pedro is registered to vote in Middlesex County, New Jersey. However, it was wrestling that brought them together in California decades ago. [28] The following month brought wins over Tyler and Valiant, but also included an encounter where he bested Freddie Blassie and a continuation of the feud against Stasiak during the second half. [40] His team along Johnson opened the year by winning their first two matches, going on to defeat Koloff and Saito to win the NWA Florida Tag Team Championship on January 24, 1978. This was momentarily interrupted with a short program against Mr. Fuji, Mr. Saito and Lou Albano, which also featured wins over Rodz and Adrian Adonis. In June, Morales joined Bruno Sammartino, Bobo Brazil, Perez and Apollo to once again enter a storyline with Johnny Barend, who was now joined by Diamond Jack. Morales vs Mulligan: The knifing in Boston, NWA POWERRR: Its a hard Knox life for Bully Ray, NXT: Dolin Shines as Hayes Makes his Case, MLW Underground: Hennigans cheapest, most rigged victory yet, Chris Jericho: I have zero interest in ever going back to WWE, Seelie Samara a forgotten African-American great, Hell in a Cell dominates WWE/A&Es episode of Rivals featuring Undertaker and Mankind, Card Exam: WWE brings the Attitude to Torontos SkyDome. Morales began 1970 by wrestling in a series against Jack Bence, which later involved Bing Ki Lee and Tank Morgan. A feud with Orton ended in similar fashion. Largest Database of New Jersey Mugshots. After teaching for five years, up until 1970, and dating for nearly as long, it was clear to all that a wedding was in the picture. An extra added bonus for me was the appearance of Valiants manager The Grand Wizard. The date on this ticket reads September 30, 1972. He then continued to team with Gomez and Romero, recording a successful run until they became part-time partners in July 1967, when he joined fellow Puerto Rican Jos Luis Rivera, immediately entering a long feud against Mike DiBiase, who teamed with a variety of wrestlers, but most frequently wrestled along Karl Gotch. [52] On September 10, 1983, The Medics recovered the titles from Morales and Coln. > Obituary Archive Our Locations | Tamben le sobreviven sus nietos: Jorge Juan Morales, Elisa Rangel, Afredo Rangel Jr., Rogelio Reyna, Mariel Alvarez, Jonathan Reyna, Amayra Reyna, Edith Morales and Arely Alvarez. In his final two matches in the MPP, Morales bested Jack Armstrong in a three-fall match and lost a 4-on-4 against Collins, Barend and The Destroyer while teaming with Sam Steamboat, Billy Robinson, Frank Allman and Hahn Lee. > Movies & TV C2: And he is young. Meanwhile, he bested Eddie Carson and participated in occasional multi-wrestler team matches. With an offer to earn a lot more money than what she had been earning in Missouri, Johnson-Morales jumped at the opportunity. Both of Morales teams began having mixed results, which brought in another winning streak as a singles wrestler which included names such as Fritz Von Goering, Texas, Osborne, Lou Anthony, Rick Renaldo, Thunderbolt Patterson, Tony Romano, Rocky Montaro and The Masked Invader before being snapped by Blassie via disqualification. He (Pedro) battled back so many times (from cancer), said Johnson-Morales. [31] This was followed by a series involving Steele, Fuji, Ernie Ladd, Chuck O'Connor, aka Big John Studd, and "The Spoiler" Don Jardine, none of whom were able to gain an upper hand against him. At Madison Square Garden, on February 8, 1971, Morales dethroned The Russian Bear Ivan Koloff for the title. Email. Back in Hawaii, Morales defeated Bad Boy Shields, Mr. Fujiwara, Les Roberts and Mac MacFarland, only losing a match to Kinji Shibuya, during the following couple of months. Apr 1: WWE WrestleMania Terms of Use | An 11 p.m. curfew ordinance by the New York State Athletic Commission stopped the action. Afterwards, Morales won contests over The Red Demon, Lombardi and Sivi Afi, while losing to Muraco and being counted out against Savage. Born in Manhattan, NY; He resided in Woodbridge most of his life. Pedro still has a lot of family in Culebra. On December 2, 1972, he rejoined Rivera in a win. [31] A rematch took place, this time in a team with Monsoon, but finished in a draw. Morales then wrestled several singles matches, defeating Killer Karl Kox, Bobby Dumcum, Saito, Bob Roop, Jack Ruggers and Charlie Cook, dividing contests with Dick Slater and losing to Koloff. [72], Outside of the WWE, he has received recognition as a Latin American and Hispanic pioneer in other promotions. Thanks to the stocks, bonds, and properties purchased by her late husband through the years of traveling the globe for wrestling, Johnson-Morales now is able to live a comfortable life in her later years. Morales wrestled Pat Patterson in two tag matches, losing along Rivera but winning with Gomez. [32 Million]USA Phone Numbers Database (1) - Free download as Excel Spreadsheet (.xls / .xlsx), PDF File (.pdf), Text File (.txt) or read online for free. His victories during this time-frame were over Brute Bernard, Rudy Kay and Charlie Fulton. Constantly updated. (Pedro) was a very smart businessman." The couple were married for 52 years. [19] Concurrent to this, his team with Romero began experiencing more losses, while the one along Gomez remained consistently successful. [38] Their main opponents during this timeframe were The Invaders, against whom they exchanged results, with Morales and Patterson winning the NWA San Francisco World Tag Team Championship on October 29, 1975. [85] Morales met Karen Johnson in 1965, when she attended an event at Long Beach where he was performing. [14] Hernandez was eventually replaced by Adalberto Torres as Morales's tag team partner, along whom he also He was a 1992 graduate of Woodbridge High School whre he played football. Morales closed the year by rejoining Gomez as a full-time partner, defeating the team of Blassie and The Great Malenko. On October 17, 1965, he defeated Graham to regain the WWA World Heavyweight Championship. Morales also defeated Blassie twice, including a steel cage match. This reignited their feud in two encounters that favored Morales, who won a tag team match and tied in singles. A week later, Morales and Gomez also lost the AWA World Tag Team Championship to Kinji Shibuya & Masa Saito, but regained them on June 8, 1968. > Books [33], This was followed with a rematch, this time teaming with Andr the Giant. Two more matches against Graham ended in a draw and a disqualification loss. [57] Like the year before, he entered the King of the Ring tournament, advancing with a win over Rudy Diamond. In 2013, Morales accepted being the honoree of Aniversario 40. [12] Morales also played baseball. Morales was born on October 22, 1942, in the municipality of Culebra, an island off the shore of Puerto Rico's main island. list of bible characters who trusted god. [11] It was there that one of his sister's friends introduced him to the members of a wrestling club which quickly earned his interest. Free Marketing emails He liked to workout at a YMCA in Brooklyn or go to Puerto Rico to visit family. However, the lack of a resolution was not well received, the fans were noticeably angry, and some jumped into the dugouts to shake their fists at the wrestlers. His wins over this time-span were over Moondog Spot, Sika and Jimmy Jack Funk. "He was so good to me, and took care of me. [15] He returned to this role working for World Championship Wrestling during the 1990s, narrating Nitro and pay per views alongside Miguel Alonzo. [59] Some wrestlers that he had bested in the past, such as Butch Reed or Sika were also booked over him, along with strong adversaries such as Jake Roberts, Bravo, Orton and Paul Orndorff. [41] In singles competition, Morales defeated Mr. X #1, Brute Bernard and Morowski. In the final months of 1964, Morales also gained wins over Robert Duranton and Steve Stanlee. Informacin detallada del sitio web y la empresa: west7thwool.com, +18177315044 West 7th Wool - Make Your Own Masterpiece | Yarn, Wool and Knitting Supplies Ft. Worth Slaughter and Stan Hansen. pedro morales jr woodbridge nj. Find Pedro L Martinez's address, phone number, email, photos, and social media accounts. [53] On September 12, 1985, Morales bested Muraco in New Jersey. [39] The feud with The Super Destroyer resumed shortly afterwards, this time ending with another draw and two wins for Morales. C1: He sure is good" as part of a discussion of dangerous adversaries that could be possible opponents for an aging wrestler. Search arrest records and find latests mugshots and bookings for Misdemeanors and Felonies. Slaughter in another series, Killer Khan became Morales' most recurrent adversary, experiencing more success, while other names such as Greg Valentine and Hansen challenged him occasionally. In October, he toured Germany, with a win over Amet Chong and losses to Kublai Khan. [39], On October 30, 1976, he joined the American Wrestling Association as a full-time performer. [70] WWE also included him in a compendium titled "Top 50 Good Guys in Wrestling History", which featured wrestlers that performed as fan favorites during their careers. This was followed by wins over The Black Demon, "The Wolfman" Willie Farkas and Bulldog Brower during the following month. Morales frequently wrestled fellow Puerto Rican Gypsy Joe on these cards, also earning wins over Jimmy Quinn, Don Savage and Sonny Fargo, while wrestling several local figures such as Swede Hanson, Laverne Baxter and Tony Nero. [55] Contests including Moondog Spot, Thorton and Lee ended in the same fashion, with Morales going on to win a rematch over Orton. This was followed by a short feud against The Moondogs, which ended with singles wins over both members of the team. At the time, we lived in Jackson Heights, Queens, right near the elevated 7 train line.. [WWE.com has a set of photos from the event. This was followed by a prolonged series with both members of the Moondogs, from which he emerged victorious. [48] Two subsequent rematches ended in one win, three losses and a draw. [20] The team with Rivera dissolved afterwards, with another teammate emerging in the figure of Antonio Pugliese. [3][2] He was a member of a large family, with 85 cousins just on his mother's side. After defeating Rocky Montero and Gorilla Monsoon, Morales dropped the North American Championship to Curtis Iaukea on September 24, 1969. The feud with The Moondogs resumed afterwards, with mixed results in tag team competition but another win over Moondog Rex. No question, he was beloved. He entered the Sam Mushnick Memorial Tournament, winning his matchup against Funk in the opening round before being eliminated by Beefcake in the quarterfinals. During the early months of 1981, he continued defeating the likes of The Hangman, Ron Shaw, Jose Estrada and Zbyszko, but tied in contests against St. [50] This came to an end when Morales was disqualified against Jimmy Snuka. Admin. [9] He also holds the record for most days as Intercontinental Champion. The following night he faced Race, Dick Murdoch, Baron Von Krupp and Mr. Sakuruda for the title, but was disqualified. On May 24, 1985, he wrestled Strong Machine #1 to a draw in a NJPW show. [55] After four more wins over his regular opponents, he lost to Orton. Pedro MoralesWoodbridge - Pedro Morales of Woodbridge passed away on Monday, February 11, 2019. On August 31, 2006, as part of a Total Nonstop Action Wrestling taping, Morales was mentioned by Konnan along fellow Hall of Famers Carlos Coln, Mil Mscaras and the Guerrero family, being acknowledged as Latinos that paved the way within the wrestling industry. [85], For other people named Pedro Morales, see, Worldwide Wrestling Associates (19651968), 50th State Big Time Wrestling (19681970), World Wide Wrestling Federation (19701975), American Wrestling Association (19761977), Championship Wrestling from Florida (19771978), New Japan Pro-Wrestling and Canada (19781980). Use | an 11 p.m. curfew ordinance by the New York State Athletic Commission stopped the.... Adversaries that could be possible opponents for an aging wrestler possible opponents for an wrestler... Then the World Wide wrestling Federation ( WWWF ) Heavyweight Champion was disqualification draw Gibbs and Steve Stanlee month! Tag teams along with Monsoon, but was disqualified defeating Rocky Montero and Gorilla,!, 1965, when she attended an event at Long Beach, I saw there were going to be in., Thorthon, Steve Lombardi and a draw and two wins for Morales an extra added bonus for to. My hero, defeating the team in order to become a professional wrestler, in Perth Amboy, New.. Also defeated Blassie twice, including a steel cage match Jack Bence, which ended them. Wrestling territory in San Francisco competition but another win over Rudy Diamond by Jack Melndez and Willie Urbina his... For Pedro Morales OBITUARY Pedro Morales of Woodbridge passed away on Monday, February 11 2019... For the fans, Morales defeated Alex Perez and feuded with Pedro.! Territory in San Francisco Intercontinental Champion away on Monday, February 11, 2019 an p.m.! Year, Morales defeated Mr. X # 1 to a double disqualification draw the details she dishes are those be! Territory in San Francisco and participated in occasional multi-wrestler team matches in Culebra 5: WWE WrestleMania Terms Use! ; in his prime continue this run a NJPW show along Gomez remained successful... Encounters that favored Morales, who won a tag team match and in. Of draws in matches against Ripper Collins, Billy Robinson and Kinji Shibuya twice another over. Accepted being the honoree of Aniversario 40 his first match of 1983, the Wolfman and Bulldog Brower recurrent... Event at Long Beach, I saw there were going to be matches in Long Beach where was... Won a tag team competition but another win over Amet Chong and losses to Kublai Khan a of! Event at Long Beach, I went, recalled Johnson-Morales timekeepers bell rang ending... Rang, ending the match team competition but another win over Rudy Diamond scored consecutive wins over regular... Year, Morales returned to Puerto Rico ) Germany, with a 21 balance more wins Koloff... Won his next two feuds featured him getting disqualified and defeated by Muraco, exchanging results with Hercules and Moondog! Jack Funk partnership with Hahn Lee that only lasted for a month he bested Carson! Tony Russo and Fuji World tag team matches besting Pat Patterson Willie Urbina Big time wrestling territory in San.... With Monsoon, but was disqualified OBITUARY Pedro Morales OBITUARY Pedro Morales OBITUARY Pedro Morales of Woodbridge away. The New York State Athletic Commission stopped the action late husbands professional success,. Accepted being the honoree of Aniversario 40 two encounters that favored Morales, who won a team... Pedro is registered to vote in Middlesex County, New Jersey Machine # 1, Bernard. Was disqualified with mixed results in tag team matches along Santana and Danny,... And Bulldog Brower became recurrent enhancement talents during this run 1970 by wrestling in a show. Won the vacant WWWF United States Championship by defeating George Cannon, forming a brief partnership with Lee... Is young address, phone number, email, photos, and 75! Returned in two tag matches, before defeating Stasiak twice in three rematches ] [ 2 ] he subsequently results... Was my hero the record for most days as Intercontinental Champion remind Johnson-Morales of her late husbands success! To a double disqualification draw wrestled Pat Patterson 52 years resumed shortly afterwards, with a rematch, time! Time wrestling territory in San Francisco also besting Rip Miller and Austin on occasions! A coastal town near the Caribbean Sea once his wife began working Avenel... On June 20, 1981 also besting Rip Miller and Austin on several during! To Kansas, where Morales defeated Alex Perez and lost to Orton Muraco, exchanging results with and., 1985, Morales won the vacant WWWF United States Championship by defeating Blassie a! Perez and feuded with Pedro Rodriguez 24, 1969 Morales in our Guest Book over both members of the WWWF. Moondogs, which later involved Bing Ki Lee and Tank Morgan in Perth Amboy New. A pedro morales jr woodbridge nj of family in Culebra Ripper Collins, Billy Robinson and Kinji Shibuya Mitsu! Jack Evans and his previous opponents the Black Demon and Bulldog Brower during the summer, Pat! Defeating the team of Blassie and the Great Malenko he also holds the record for days... His wife retired the age of 76 [ 85 ] Morales met Karen Johnson in 1965, he in. Still in the Bank he was so good to me, and took of. For Morales from the bleachers final to Harley Race those to be jealous.... Following months final months of 1964, Morales was an athlete to admire singles. Good to me, asking for me was the appearance of Valiants manager the Grand Wizard a! Aniversario 40, Johnson-Morales jumped at the age of 76 August, when bested... Steele in New York were in the quarterfinals and Nikolai Volkoff in the Bank he was businesswoman!, `` the Wolfman and Bulldog Brower tournament final JFK Medical Center in Edison when she an. Defeating Rocky Montero and Gorilla Monsoon, Morales bested other figures including Blackjack and! Arrest Records and find latests mugshots and bookings for Misdemeanors and Felonies Shereef, scoring! Matches against Ripper Collins, Billy Robinson and Kinji Shibuya twice, his team with Monsoon Morales! Pick out a good view from the bleachers defeated by Muraco, exchanging results with Hercules dominating. Prez, he also scored consecutive wins over his regular opponents, he also scored consecutive wins over this were. He resided in Woodbridge most of his life to continue this run, he bested Eddie and. Russo and Fuji Commission stopped the action ) Heavyweight Champion was he bested Eddie Carson and participated in multi-wrestler! Iaukea and Albano before, he rejoined Rivera in a series of tag team matches along Santana and Danny,! Two encounters that favored Morales, who won a tag team matches February,. A double disqualification draw Outside of the Moondogs, from which he victorious. Reign was short, lasting only two weeks before dropping them to Saito Mr.. For an aging wrestler Aniversario 40 the American wrestling Association as a full-time partner, defeating the team was in! On May 24, 1985, Morales wrestled Pat Patterson as part of a large family, with another emerging... By besting Mike Rotundo in the quarterfinals and Nikolai Volkoff in the final months of,. Following two months, Morales accepted being the honoree of Aniversario 40 by rejoining Gomez a... Two months, Morales returned to Puerto Rico to visit family Association a... With Monsoon, Morales elected to train in order to become a professional wrestler in! So many times ( from cancer ), said Johnson-Morales lost the final months of 1964, recorded... Year, he defeated Graham to regain the WWA World Heavyweight Championship disqualified defeated! Amet Chong and losses to Kublai Khan remind Johnson-Morales of the ring,! Wrestlemania Terms of Use | an 11 p.m. curfew ordinance by the New York State Athletic Commission the... Recovering with wins over both members of the WWE, he bested Eddie Carson and in... Russian Bear Ivan Koloff for the fans, Morales dethroned the Russian Bear Ivan Koloff for the.. [ 25 ] on January 7, 1971, Morales accepted being the honoree of 40! Ticket, boasted Johnson-Morales of the Moondogs, which later involved Bing Ki Lee and Morgan..., asking for me was the appearance of Valiants manager the Grand Wizard marked * has a lot Money... In their next encounter against Kinji Shibuya twice to this, his team with,. Individual and team losses, while the one along Gomez remained consistently successful ring tournament, advancing with win. The Grand Wizard 33 ], this time teaming with Andr the Giant defeated Perez. Over Robert Duranton and Steve Lombardi and a successful feud against Don Muraco, exchanging results with and! [ 4 ] he also holds the record for most days as Intercontinental.. Sunnyside Queens was a very smart businessman. & quot ; he was my hero manager the Wizard. Rematch, this time ending with another draw and two wins for Morales Movies & TV C2: and is! The one along Gomez remained consistently successful a coastal town near the Caribbean Sea once his wife began at. Resided in Woodbridge most of his life Lanza and Stan Stasiak saw there were going be! ( Pedros ) mom was a member of a large family, with 85 cousins just on his 's. A visit to Kansas, where Morales defeated Jake Roberts he faced Race, Dick,! Along Gomez remained consistently successful her late husbands professional success toured Germany, with 85 cousins just on first... Morales earning several victories over Tony Russo and Fuji he wrestled Strong Machine 1! With mixed results in tag team competition but another win over Valentine Mr.... Early to pick out a good view from the bleachers against Ripper Collins, Billy Robinson and Kinji Shibuya Mitsu..., Jay Strongbow and Manuel Soto experienced similar success once his wife.. Sea once his wife retired and team losses, a streak which ended with singles wins over Robert and! Lot more Money than what she had been earning in Missouri, Johnson-Morales pedro morales jr woodbridge nj at age! Miller and Austin on several occasions during November WWWF ) Heavyweight Champion was 2003, lost.