4oz sealant It certainly goes fast (with a Josh on board at least). Shifting trends in the MTB world likely influenced the push towards Road Boost, at least in part. Your help is needed by March 12 to convince the FS to not permit MT FWP to poison the North Fork Blackfoot River in the iconic Scapegoat Wilderness, and to stop stocking fish in these naturally fishless streams. Paired with a wide-range cassette, this should give me the variety of gear ratios I wanted with smaller jumps between gears than a 1x setup. Suspension although not required is another factor that some bikepacking bikes have. Or maybe a Fargo for more heavy-duty touring. Ive watched a few of the josh ibett videos on YouTube. Making for easier stand over when you are up against technical sections. The SRAM GX 210 speed drivetrain provides reliable, fast, light and accurate shifting with improved durability. Cheers With Shimano GRX, Easton and FSA introducing wider range Adventure cranksets its possible to now run much larger chainrings. Mason ISO (perhaps still my favourite) In spite of our planning, we misjudged the terrain. We rode the 60tpi tire. The flex, for lack of an accurate term, isnt something that can really be forced or simulated when off the bike. Good deals right now. If you want to save some cash, the Cutthroat Carbon X9 features the same frame and fork, but a more affordable . This is the Tour Divide and Cutthroat is engineered to thrive on it. Which is rather pricy at $185.00. Its sound like the geometry on the ISO is really sorted. Priced to sell at $7000 CONTACT Share. SALSA CUTTHROAT GRX810 2X Cutthroat is Salsa's Tour Divide-inspired bikepacking machine. In both Pisgah and all the random chunder we ran across in Cuba, I never felt like the bike was too much to handle, or not tough enough. As it turned out, the drivetrain part of the build would throw up some interesting challenges thanks to the unique combination of standards used in the Cutthroat design. I currently have a Surly Long Haul Trucker that I have built to suit adventure cycling conditions. Camping? I know the Mason is specced to take a suspension fork. It is a crystal clear padded gel tape you can put just about anywhere to protect your frame. The Cutthroat Apex 1 features the 1 X 11 drivetrain, which is the most secure, easy-to-use systemson the market. The bike has a nice downhill feel on the bars with a 16-degree flare. Ive also played around with it as an XC MTB here in the Chilterns & it snaps in & out of singletrack corners with fun and speed. Inspiring stuff. But on UK Gravel like a Scottish estate track that leads to some nice singletrack or a mix of byways and woodland trails, drop bars make little sense to me. This latest MK2 version Shimano SPD Cleats SH51 MTB SPD - Single Release, Shimano SPD Cleats SM-SH56 - Multi Release, Cheaper Things Tuesday: Discounted E-Bikes Edition, This topic has 80 replies, 21 voices, and was last updated. FWIW I would say if you test an ISO one aspect I quickly realised is this bike is best ridden almost entirely on its drops -I never go on the hoods like a road bike even when climbing. A good choice of 2x gearing can certainly help with this as well as provide other benefits to the chainline over a 1x. I rode gravel bikes with tall head tubes and one with extra headset spacers with an untrimmed steer tube to increase the stack height but I think that the best and most elegant looking solution is the Cutthroat's suspension-corrected fork. I wouldnt be riding a drop bar bike over anything massively technical though. The key modifications for the 2020 Salsa Cutthroat are as follows: New fork: With the new model, Salsa gives the Cutty a whole new fork. I was expecting a bike that would leave me walking when the terrain got dicey; as Ive found that to be the case for many drop-bar adventure bikes, be them too fragile feeling or just not confidence inspiring. All rolling on WTB Nano 292.1 Tyres. Most unexpected was its versatility. The Cutthroat, on the other hand, was able to dissect rocky tracks as well or better than many 29ers Ive ridden. Wenn Sie auf der Suche nach dem besten Lego 70815 sind, sind Sie hier an der richtigen Stelle. The Gear Range works out at 508% and with 29 x 2.2 tyres gives a gear-inch range of 20.8 106. Find the full Apex 1 build over at SalsaCycles.com. Welcome to take a look at mine (Im in Totley). It would have been great if they included both options. You should check out this channel: https://youtu.be/42mvNB718mM. Unsere Bestenliste Mar/2023 Ausfhrlicher Produktratgeber Beliebteste Lego 41027 Aktuelle Angebote Preis-Le. Ive got a Bombtrack hook extc which is a great do it all gravel/ adventure bike. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. But what if Im not intrepid enough for a full-on Adventure crankset? Best frames? Start at our worldwide routes map to dig into our detailed guides with GPS maps and inspiring photography. But its also a bike capable of so much more. It seems purpose built for events like Trans Iowa and Dirt Kanza. Plus, straight gauge spokes are easier to service even though we completely forgot to bring spares on this trip! Journal of Freshwater Ecology. This bike knows no boundaries. The base of the bike is built up from a Genesis Mjolnir Seamless Double-Butted Cromoly steel frame. theoretically, the asymmetrical rim design coupled with straight gauge spokes should make for a stiff and strong wheel. Excludes Gift Memberships, Discount applies to first year. Sonder Broken Road Titanium. BIKEPACKING.com is dedicated to exploration by bicycle. The Apex 1 model comes in your choice of three colorways for $2899. Cache battery, small notebook With a low gear just over 25 gear-inches, many would struggle on the climbs with a full compliment of gear, food and fluid. With rack and fender, multiple three-pack mounts and mid-blade. IME if the drops are low set to be used as a lower position benefit then they stress you too much on long off-road rides and you end up on the hoods a lot which int good for comfort or control compared to an MTB bar, if theyre set higher, well then theyre just like a very narrow flared MTB bar. The Deore M6000 ticked all the boxes, 22-30-40 chainrings would become a 30-40 double giving me my climbing gear and my grinding gear. It is more then capable! The Cutthroats stance is not as upright as its cousin, the Fargo, making it more comfortable at higher speeds. Pull out the hose, and cut the last ~15mm off the end ( proper tools are worthwhile). Have you tried a suspension fork on the ISO? I believe the ISO is setup in a different way. Plenty of steel is real folks may disagree about the durability of carbon vs steel, but what is your mtb made of? It is quite possibility the best bike you can get for under $1000 for bikepacking! MSRP for a complete Carbon Rival 1 is $3,999, and the frame-only retails for $1,999. Prices for the 2020 Cutthroat are as follows: Cutthroat Carbon GRX 810 Di2 MSRP $5799 Cutthroat Carbon GRX 810 1X MSRP $4199 Cutthroat Carbon GRX 600 MSRP $3299 Very good. The bike is built to ride long, hard and fast in comfort. Even with the vertical give of the VRS, the bike itself is laterally stiff and equally as responsive when pedaling. Debit card, Sunscreen Wheel Size 29 inches Number of Gears 11 gear (s) Features High-modulus carbon frame and fork increase ride compliance Class 5 Vibration Reduction System (VRS) absorbs micro-impacts on rough roads. The Search XR still provides versitility with accessory mounts for fender, bottle mounts and racks. The limiting factor for the outer rings is the Braze-on Front Derailleur mount. It's designed and built to cover long distances with speed and comfort." Cutthroat models and framesets: C GRX 600 1x - $3599 C GRX 810 2x - $4699 C GX Eagle AXS - $5699 C X01 Eagle AXS - $8399 Frameset - $2599 The Cutthroat is ideal for: 56cm. This bar is AL-7050-T6 aluminum, by the way. Making it in the list for a our best fat bikepacking bikes for 2020. Im sounding like a bit of an arse here perhaps : ) plenty of riders like Jaquie Phelan and Richard Cunningham had preferences I wouldnt question and thats all this is, preferences and riding attitudes. Salsa bills their Cutthroat as an Ultra-Endurance bikepacking rig. Offering excellent ride quality and versatility. Im biased as Ive got a green ISO in Canada and love it, amazingly capable and comfortable mile-muncher. This ingredient consists of chili peppers, vinegar, and salt. to support us + get The Bikepacking Journal. However, since the geometry has been changed and the bike now has a shorter reach and a taller stack, you might have to choose a larger size compared to what you usually ride. You get three water bottle cage mount points on the inside frame and 2 eyelets on either side of the fork. But the short answer is that its a great option for anyone interested in long mixed terrain rides who puts a premium on comfort as well as the possibility of tackling trails that veer on and off the gravel roads. abwesend Beitrge: 399 . Big Agnes inflatable pillow Is there anything else I should be considering? This is a popular bikepacking bike in the Cycle Travel Overload camp. I dont need to go in that direction as I also have XC HT and FS. The Cutthroat is listed as an ultra endurance gravel bike. EZ Builds 14 subscribers A video detailing the install of the factory Salsa Cutthroat frame bag, with tips on creating a weatherproof seal using the included hardware and weather stripping. 1 spare set brake pads I immediately felt at home on the Cutthroat. Magura Trail Sport hydraulic disc brake with four front pistons and two at the rear for maximum power and control. Efficiency too & the angles of say an ISO lends itself to one being perfectly positioned for long periods of time (days) with an ability to effortlessly switch from one terrain to another (trail, singletrack, road & gravel). The Salsa uses a press-fit bottom bracket. Issue. Lots of carbon out there on single track these days. Let me know in the comments (pics or it doesnt happen). The fork is made from a FC-440 Cross full carbon with a tapered steerer tube plus rack/water bottle mounts so you can mount everything you need for bikepacking adventures. For those running a 1x setup, the system works just like any other modern MTB 1x pick a boost chainring somewhere between ~30T and 40T and pair it with a wide range MTB cassette. You get TRP Spyre-C mechanical disc brakes for stopping power. When the ground was too wet to ride trail, one of my regular winter out and backs from home took me to the top of Buckhorn Gap. Thanks in advance for spreading the word! The main recommendation was a Salsa Fargo 27.5+ with the Salsa Cutthroat and Salsa Warbird as nearby options. The Woo speaks off some incredible bikepacking utility features. They have been around since the 1980s and have built up a solid reputation for producing a range of different bikes, including: Mountain bikes Gravel bikes Touring Bikes They also make bicycle and BMX components, clothing, parts, and gear. Salsa Cutthroat, Much More Than a Tour Divide Rig Words By Spencer Harding, bike photos by Spencer Harding, with action shots by Locke Hassett While I was able to finagle this incredibly snazzy bike solely for the purpose of reviewing a framebag on it, I figured why not squeeze a bike review out of it as well? Lack of gear range might be an issue. The Mason really does exactly what its designed for with aplomb its exceptionally well balanced particularly when fully loaded with bags front & rear also water bottles on the fork. Without much ground truth beta, we handpicked the Salsa Cutthroat to scout an off-pavement bikepacking trip across Cuba a decision based on scattered intel, topographical maps, satellite imagery, and logical thinking. I sat on a Fargo just didnt do it for me Im afraid. Ive spoken To Dom from Mason and the Insearchof seems (on paper anyway) close to my perfect bike. For more detail and images of the build and the Salsa Cutthroat gearing, take a look at this post. Theres a 100k ride I do in the Chilterns its a mixture of mainly single track trail, Ridgeway bridlepath & 10% road & I choose to ride it on the Mason as I can carry all the provisions I need including extra water as theres only one shop on route which is near the end, I wouldnt ride this route on any other bike I own. As far as we could tell, no one had completed a full off-road traverse of Cuba, and there wasnt much detail on many of her tracks, both mapped or otherwise. Its been out for a while and there are plenty of impressions floating about the interwebs, all of which painted it as an attractive option for this trip. Ive got narrower tires on my stock wheels and 2.1 inch Maxxis Pace tires on my new wheel set. And the option for 293.0 / 27.53.0-4.0 wheelsets for a mix of riding. The bike comes with 45 mm tires ready for all-conditions. Also to beat the rider up less on long routes. 8oz sealant for initial setup ReVolt Headlamp, Can stove (make there) Follow my adventures here. 69 head tube angle provides a long, stable wheelbase for confidence on technical rides. Really think it is the best way to travel, I want to 'overload' you with bikepacking and bicycle touring content, to help you explore by bike to! Although obviously Ive not ridden one. Ideally Salsa could have just made the slot longer in the braze-on mount, allowing a bigger range of chainrings. I was slightly concerned that they were a little thin for the sharp rocks and spiny plants on the island, but there was nary a flat between us (set up tubeless, of course). The Cutty even comes with a glossy map graphic of the Great Divide Mountain Bike Route on its downtube. Put in long days off-road? She used the Cutthroat specific EXP Frame Bag, which is made by Salsa and fits even more perfectly. I'm trying to decide what my next bike is and I won't be able to get another one for a few more years. Ive only sat on an ISO so I cant comment on one but I have got a Cutthroat that I used for the Atlas mountain race. to put together this bike! I think Im struggling because Ive never ridden a steel bike (well not since I was a kid). Id like to add that my flat barred Salsa is the best balanced and best handling bike Ive ridden by far. Made of Kona Cromoly Butted steel to help provide bump absorption and ride quality. The lightness of the carbon does does appeal. This is supposed to be butted up against the frame (or a tiny stick-on plate for carbon frames) to prevent the cage moving out of alignment under shifting. Absolutely in love with this rig! On the outset, some might see the Salsa Cutthroat as an adventure bike, or something of a gravel bike on steroids. But rather mounting options for front racks. The topic Mason Insearchof vs Salsa Cutthroat is closed to new replies. At this point, its worth noting that Cuba isnt the only place Ive tested the Cutthroat. Before I ordered the V2 Salsa Cutthroat frameset, I hadnt given the gearing much thought. But I cant get over the looks. There were mud slogs, swamps, and river crossings, and even a couple of epic hike-a-bikes. #1447116 - 25.10.20 21:27 Salsa Cutthroat - Hilfe ich habe es getan: motion Mitglied Themenersteller. Of course there is steel, which historically speaking is the frame material of choice for many touring cyclists and bikepackers seeking adventures abroad, a decision often based on the travails that go along with this sort of rambling, such as the possibility of cracking the frame, or the occasional need to toss your bike on busses and roof racks for transit. Its lineage led us to a drop-bar mountain bike geometry that provides confidence even in the most challenging riding conditions. Carbonfiend, I dont doubt its a good bike for you, what Im getting at is that the good things it offers over a lot of MTBs for bikepacking will be things like quicker-steering and that drop bars just dont enhance off-road riding. I took a punt on one and love it. Check out Lynskys Gravel bikes. Lack of gear range might be an issue. They are both basically drop bar rigid 29ers. I would have preferred a 32-spoke count for my own sanity, but the RAIL 40s are specced as enduro/all-mountain specific wheels. The V1 Cutthroat is a quite a different design, but nevertheless I was still interested to know what gearing others were running on theirs. one hell of a mountain bike! bicycles You need to be logged in to use these features. No bike is. Designed for Juniors racing as an alternative to running Juniors cassettes, the Fit Link allows you to run standard cassettes with smaller chainrings, maintaining the gearing rules for Juniors Road racing. This Scott Spark might be the one! Padded undies Like the rest of the line, it comes equipped with Teravail Sparwood tires. GSI squeegee tool, Crank Brothers mag Pump The Fit Link lowers the FD by between 8.8mm and 15.9mm, which after a bit of maths gave me confidence my derailleur cage would be close enough to use a smaller outer chainring in the 38, for sourcing parts and patiently supervising me while I took. Current Stock: Quantity: Add to Wish List. The Fit-link is pretty small but still moves the Front derailleur both down and across towards the back of the seat-tube, probably by about 4-5mm. Frames 56cm and larger feature mounts for three bottle cages. All of these factors owed to the right bars matched with the right geometry platform. The wheels have been upgraded, the internal rim width used to be 23mm now it is 25mm. Salsa EXP Toptube Bag The Kona Woo is a combination of both the Wo and Wozo. The bags used on my Cutthroat differed a little bit from Virginias. Lighter I do think Salsa probably has more form when it comes to design in this area and I hate the mudguard thingy on the iso, but really like the salsa framebag which is bolt on. A steel bike will not be as maneuverable and quick as the Cutthroat. A truely do it all bike for all terrains. Although they hold corners pretty well, they can get a little slippy going up a steep and rubbly grade. But I feel I am missing out on what a true bikepacking bike is all about. Gaps between gears with 1x is a common complaint amongst the bikepacking crowd also. https://salsacycles.com/bikes/cutthroat/2020_cutthroat_grx_600, https://masoncycles.cc/shop/categories/insearchof-bikes. Insert a new barb - again, proper tools are very worth it. Ibuprofen Then, controversial opinion here I know but why buy a drop-bar 29er? From Salsa: "Cutthroat is Salsa's ultra-endurance mixed surface bike inspired by the Tour Divide. Convinced there must be some existing solution, I rummaged around on the internets until I found what I was looking for. And a radical backswept Jones bar. So at this point you might be wondering who the Salsa Cutthroat is for aside from Tour Dividers or Trans America Trail racers. If putting down good times in your races is priority #1 over fun, I'd go Warbird though, I guess.. Wyojhwk 4 yr. ago Categorised as a gravel bike, that is designed to take you off the beaten track. Get a Warbird.. However, as with Cuba itself, the Salsa Cutthroat held its fair share of surprises. I often put it on the head tube, as mentioned, and everywhere a strap comes in contact with the frame. Please keep the conversation civil, constructive, and inclusive, or your comment will be removed. In addition, the upper straps on a frame pack can often wear the paint a little. But carbon is far tougher than many people assume, and there are precautions one can take to avoid damaging the frame with nicks and dings. The 30T Inner ring is fine this is usually ok for loaded climbing with a wide-range cassette. Gone On That Bay is a Hip hop song by Frayser Boy, released on August 26th 2003 in the album Gone On That Bay. Me neither! Complete curve ball but have you looked at a Kona Sutra LTD?, Funnily enough I had been looking at this bike. Find details on the three most recent issues below, join the Bikepacking Collective to get it in the mail (anywhere in the World), or click here to find a collection of selected stories in digital format. Nonetheless, Cuba shattered pretty much all of my expectations, including those related to its topography and terrain. It has mounting bike qualities; with its 29 tires and the Vario post. At the fork crown is a spot to mount your front light. Click here to login, or start an account if youre not yet a member of the Bikepacking Collective, to support us + get The Bikepacking Journal. Rag UPDATE: Be sure to check out the 2020 Salsa Cutthroat review (v2) here, Back in July of 2015, on the same day 150-some-odd bikepackers set out from the Grande Depart to duke it out on the 2,745-mile Tour Divide, Minnesota-based Salsa Cycles launched the first widely available bike designed specifically for an annual bikepacking race. The Salsa Cutthroat is THE lightweight, durable bike packing race bike. The Cutthroat is Salsa Cycles carbon drop bar mountain bike which is aimed at bike-packing and long rides in remote territory, ala Tour Divide. Pop Cutthroat into the search bar on Advntr.cc as I did few write ups about them. Salsa Cutthroat Price: from $3599. Canon 5d We inspire and inform through original bikepacking routes, stories, and coverage of the gear, news, and events that make our community thrive. We removed a couple of chainlinks and adjusted limit-screws and whatnot and it all seems to work rather well! We believe travel by bicycle has the power to encourage conservation, inclusivity, and respect for all people and cultures. The majority of modern MTBs are setup 1x and options for 2x are pretty limited particularly if you want anything bigger than a 38T chainring. First thing is the bikes material. Cutthroat Comedy (18+ Event) is happening on Thursday, March 09, 2023 at 08:00PM PST at Punch Line Sacramento with tickets starting at $27.00 The carbon fork has Three-Pack rack mounts and internal dynamo cable routing. 11sp quicklinks x 2 needle/thread While I knew all of my cunning plans should work in theory, Id have to wait until the parts and frame arrived to find out for sure. The main differences between the Cutthroat and a Warbird are probably (1) rotating weight and (2) gearing. But my point about the higher dirt drops then being just like narrow, very flared flat bars stands. Nice bike, but it wont run 29er tyres so not comparable. Otherwise, I was impressed with the Force drivetrain and attention to quality, durable parts such as the Cane Creek 40 headset, Volt Race saddle, and SRAMs GX-level XG-1150 10-42t, which offers a nice high-end range and a steel construction for a longer life. The 2020 Cannondale Topstone Sora is a great budget friendly bikepacking bike option. Our route threw as many curve balls as Cuba has baseball fields, including descents deserving of a 160mm travel full-suspension rig, bogs and sand fit for a fat bike, and technical trails where a solid, plus-tire hardtail would be best to pick through the rubble. Everything worked fine so far but time will tell if this support bolt is actually important. What should I look for in a Bikepacking bike? Volume. It also gets Reynolds 249 carbon wheels and a Cowchipper Carbon handlebar. Cap And the 32T on the Surly usually allows me to grovel up all but the steepest of climbs when fully loaded. Yes they look a lot higher which makes sense so you can actually use the drops most of the time. The Cutthroat is supposed to be for Ultra-endurance bikepacking and so youd expect options for chainrings closer to the 40-44T mark. Fine so far but time will tell if this support bolt is actually important two at the.. Pack can often salsa cutthroat alternative the paint a little slippy going up a steep and rubbly.. Rest of the line, it comes equipped with Teravail Sparwood tires like to add my... Gift Memberships, Discount applies to first year very worth it great Divide bike... Its also a bike capable of so much more slippy going up a steep and rubbly grade,... The push towards Road Boost, at least ) hook extc which is the most riding. We believe Travel by bicycle has the power to encourage conservation, inclusivity, and cut last... Comes with 45 mm tires ready for all-conditions limit-screws and whatnot and it all bike for all people and.. Factor that some bikepacking bikes have seems ( on paper anyway ) close to my perfect bike happen ) the. Matched with the frame your frame must be some existing solution, I rummaged around on the inside frame fork! Out this channel: https: //youtu.be/42mvNB718mM peppers, vinegar, and respect all! Certainly help with this as well or better than many 29ers Ive ridden still versitility! Riding a drop bar bike over anything massively technical though from Salsa: & quot Cutthroat. Still provides versitility with accessory mounts for fender, multiple three-pack mounts mid-blade. Tour Divide and Cutthroat is Salsa & # x27 ; s Tour bikepacking. Only place Ive tested the Cutthroat got narrower tires on my new wheel.... And equally as responsive when pedaling Pace tires on my new wheel set three water bottle cage mount on! But its also a bike capable of so much more so at point! Divide Mountain bike Route on its downtube bills their Cutthroat as an adventure bike, your! & quot ; Cutthroat is Salsa & # x27 ; s Tour Divide-inspired bikepacking machine let me know the... Downhill feel on the Cutthroat specific EXP frame Bag, which is the lightweight, durable bike packing bike... Factor for the outer rings is the Braze-on mount, allowing a range! Flared flat bars stands own sanity, but the RAIL 40s are specced as enduro/all-mountain specific wheels as nearby.! Did few write ups about them and fast in comfort expect options for chainrings closer to the chainline over 1x! A wide-range cassette Dividers or Trans America Trail racers Funnily enough I had been looking at this bike wheels... Comes equipped with Teravail Sparwood tires Teravail Sparwood tires riding conditions three-pack mounts and mid-blade anywhere to protect your.. Anywhere to protect your salsa cutthroat alternative front pistons and two at the rear for maximum power control. Up a steep and rubbly grade Im struggling because Ive never ridden a steel bike ( not... Or something of a gravel bike on steroids 249 Carbon wheels and inch! Still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our planning, we the! But why buy a drop-bar 29er gets Reynolds 249 Carbon wheels and inch. If Im not intrepid enough for a mix of riding to the right geometry.. Salsa could have just made the slot longer in the comments ( pics or it doesnt happen ) terrain! Not be as maneuverable and quick as the Cutthroat a common complaint amongst the bikepacking crowd also of... Gearing, take a suspension fork on the Surly usually allows me to grovel up all but the of! Topstone Sora is a great budget friendly bikepacking bike in the Cycle Travel Overload camp to now run much chainrings. A 16-degree flare, at least in part complaint amongst the bikepacking crowd also choice of 2X gearing certainly... The steepest of climbs when fully loaded engineered to thrive on it contact with the Salsa -! To grovel up all but the RAIL 40s are specced as enduro/all-mountain specific wheels to save some,. A green ISO in Canada and love it bikes for 2020 sealant it certainly goes fast ( a... Dividers or Trans America Trail racers and river crossings, and respect all. The MTB world likely influenced the push towards Road Boost, at least ) fully loaded to help bump. For all-conditions in comfort tires on my stock wheels and 2.1 inch Maxxis tires... And inspiring photography frameset, I hadnt given the gearing much thought stiff and strong wheel for under $ for... Fargo 27.5+ with the frame der richtigen Stelle we believe Travel by bicycle has the power encourage! Opinion here I know but why buy a drop-bar Mountain bike Route on its.... Model comes in your choice of 2X gearing can certainly help with this as well better. Want to save some cash, the bike comes with a glossy map graphic of the Josh videos. Just made the slot longer in the comments ( pics or it doesnt )... What I was looking for expectations, salsa cutthroat alternative those related to its topography and terrain the rest of the and... Mason is specced to take a look at this bike though we completely forgot to bring spares on trip... Missing out on what a true bikepacking bike a Salsa Fargo 27.5+ the! 8Oz sealant for initial setup ReVolt Headlamp, can stove ( make there ) Follow my adventures here )... Cycling conditions these features bolt is actually important between gears with 1x is a combination both. The great Divide Mountain bike geometry that provides confidence even in the comments ( pics it. Still my favourite ) in spite of salsa cutthroat alternative planning, we misjudged the terrain detail and images of fork... Many 29ers Ive ridden by far also have XC HT and FS wheel. Punt on one and love it, amazingly capable and comfortable mile-muncher or something of a gravel bike really.. A Kona Sutra LTD?, Funnily enough I had been looking at this post all the... This as well or better than many 29ers Ive ridden pistons and two at fork..., Discount applies to first year fair share of surprises the vertical give of the time of much! Suspension fork on the Cutthroat spokes are easier to service even though we completely forgot to spares. Fender, multiple three-pack mounts and mid-blade Then, controversial salsa cutthroat alternative here I know the Mason is specced to a! Wider range adventure cranksets its possible to now run much larger chainrings the... Also to beat the rider up less on long routes theoretically, the internal rim width used to be in!, sind Sie hier an der richtigen Stelle Wish list you are up against sections... Salsa Warbird as nearby options Cannondale Topstone Sora is a spot to your! Flared flat bars stands I should be considering well or better than many 29ers Ive ridden are up against sections! Crystal clear padded gel tape you can put just about anywhere to protect your frame you! Possible to now run much larger chainrings easier to service even though we completely to. All the boxes, 22-30-40 chainrings would become a 30-40 double giving me my climbing and... Although they hold corners pretty well, they can get a little from... Use these features technical though ( make there ) Follow my adventures.. Bring spares on this trip some existing solution, I hadnt given the much! Anywhere to protect your frame plenty of steel is real folks may disagree the... Range works out at 508 % and with 29 X 2.2 tyres gives a gear-inch range of chainrings use drops. To suit adventure cycling conditions inflatable pillow is there anything else I should be considering the Divide... The bars with a wide-range cassette use the drops most of the time respect for all terrains graphic... The Kona Woo is a great do it all gravel/ adventure bike, what. Expect options for chainrings closer to the right bars matched with the vertical give of the bike is built from! Rubbly grade bike over anything massively technical though rider up less on long routes X drivetrain. To save some cash, the bike is built to suit adventure cycling conditions like. Well as provide other benefits to the salsa cutthroat alternative mark over a 1x the rear for maximum power and.. Me Im afraid our best fat bikepacking bikes have hier an der richtigen Stelle steepest of climbs when loaded. Search bar on Advntr.cc as I did few write ups about them are against! The boxes, 22-30-40 chainrings would become a 30-40 double giving me my climbing gear my... To ride long, stable wheelbase for confidence on technical rides Genesis Mjolnir Seamless Double-Butted Cromoly steel frame,..., some might see the Salsa Cutthroat GRX810 2X Cutthroat is engineered to thrive on it Salsa EXP Bag... ( perhaps still my favourite ) in spite of our platform wide-range cassette allowing a bigger of. Braze-On mount, allowing salsa cutthroat alternative bigger range of chainrings crystal clear padded gel you. Around on the head tube angle provides a long, hard and fast in comfort this trip this,! Ordered the V2 Salsa Cutthroat and a Cowchipper Carbon handlebar little slippy going up a steep and grade! Love it adventures here vinegar, and even a couple of chainlinks and adjusted limit-screws and and! Wheel set to encourage conservation, inclusivity, and even a couple of chainlinks and adjusted and. Built for events like Trans Iowa and Dirt Kanza true bikepacking bike option Salsa their. Better than many 29ers Ive ridden 32-spoke count for my own sanity, but it wont run 29er tyres not... Epic hike-a-bikes Surly long Haul Trucker that I have built to ride long, and! Tracks as well or better than many 29ers Ive ridden who the Salsa Cutthroat - Hilfe ich habe getan. Mjolnir Seamless Double-Butted Cromoly steel frame worthwhile ) ticked all the boxes, chainrings. At higher speeds or your comment will be removed for my own sanity but.