The muzzle should be slightly blunt and square rather than an elongated point. [emailprotected]Cloverdale StaffordsAddress: There just did not exist a lot of organization. Quinn was the First Staffordshire Bull Terrier Grand Champion in The USA. We will find BALANCE! WebStaffordshire Bull Terrier Puppies Males / Females Available 3 weeks old Julia RouLaine Covington, GA 30016 AKC Champion Bloodline Pinnacle Valley Terriers Puppies coming soon. (407) 509-5109Website: A Stafford should be reliable also in the sense that they shouldnt start a fight, but when properly or directly challenged, or when play is escalated, a fight may occur. Ifthis is your first look at Staffordshire Bull Terriers you may want to visit the AKC site and read the breed description. Philadelphia: WB Sanders, 1996.Pink JJ, Doyle RS, Hughes JM, et al. They are quite strong, so caution must be taken around young children and anyone not prepared to hold their ground when a Stafford comes barreling at you from the top of the furniture when excited. 2. WebHome of the American Staffordshire Terrier Breeder's Listing is in alphabetical order by STATE If you are an STCA member and would like to be listed on the Breeder Referral Page, the fee will be $50 per year. You do not want to see straight rears, or over angled rears nor slipping hocks. Price$2,000 - $2,500. We are all busy and we all have other important events happening in our lives, but when we decided to join the Stafford community I feel we should devote a little of our time to helping the breed together. We are just regular people who love our Terriers and traditions, and we have a good respect for the Staffords history. The only way you could prove this change has been made is if you judged the dog prior to, and post surgical procedure. Play may get loud, and this is fine, just watch and understand body language so things do not get out of control. Out burst 3 or 4 Staffies, tails wagging straight to my kids and rolling over to get their bellies scratched as they snorted with glee. Web6,633 Staffordshire Bull Terrier Dogs adopted on Rescue Me! CH., AKC MBISS, Gold GCH. If you are like this judge and act as if you know more than I know and you STILL get it wrong, then you will find yourself with a mostly empty ring come time to judge Staffords. Unfortunately that pup got killed in a tragic accident when she was just 6 months old. By performing the lateral wedge, more of the rostral alar fold is spared, allowing a larger, deeper incision and easier suturing. We are so lucky to now have many options to give the puppies the very best start in life that we can offer to them. If going to a home with, located in Northwest Panhandle of Florida *** Please check spam email for replies*** Duke is a 4 year old Husky, Loki was rescued from a kill shelter as he just had too much energy for any shelter environment. She loves to .. Staffordshire Bull Terrier, Florida Jacksonville Premium $1,500 Goldendoodle F2 kym zytkewicz Adorable F2 goldendoodle pups looking for their forever home. WebMournestaffs Staffordshire Bull Terriers Our Story The name Mourne in my Kennels name comes from the mountain range underwhich i was born and raised. We need to respect our differences and our sameness alike. Be aware if your Stafford IS playing with other animals to watch for play escalation or over excitement. It is up to us, as breed preservationists, to educate people on the expected temperament. ADN-06709718447. Copyright 1999-2018 World Organization. View Details. We all know at least someone in Staffords who has been a constant thorn, troublemaker, disingenuous person BUT there is value in there someplace. Rockstaff Celtic Guardian CGCA CGCU RATN TKN FDC ATT "Rowan", 2016 AKC #1 owner handled Staffordshire Bull Terrier, 2016 AKC #3 Breed Staffordshire Bull Terrier, 2016 AKC #4 All Breed Staffordshire Bull Terrier, 2018 AKC top 10 Breed Staffordshire Bull Terrier, 2018 AKC top 10 All Breed Staffordshire Bull Terrier, 2018 AKC #1 owner handled Staffordshire Bull Terrier, 2020 AKC National Championship Best Of Breed, 2021 Staffordshire Bull Terrier Club Of Florida specialty Best Of Breed, Becky and her pal CH. The owner handled Stafford seems to be changing rapidly for some reason, where more professional handlers have the breed which is unnecessary as the Stafford is very easily trained and is a wash-n-go breed requiring little grooming. This breed has a long life expectancy (15-17 years), which is one of the reasons we chose to live with Staffords. He is housed at SPCA Florida. We look for owners who are like-minded. Staffords with elongated soft palate can be heard struggling to breathe, even in indoor cooler conditions. The rest of the Standard is very clear and probably most judges will understand it. Keep in mind the health and original function of the Stafford also means the muzzle length should remain at approximately 1/3 the length of the skull length. It was supposed to feature a Staffordshire Bull Terrier on the episode, but when I tuned in, it ended up being a small pit bull that they kept calling a Staffy. Because of the generalizations and how loosely the term Staffy is thrown about, you will often find conformation breeders in the UK have a preference for the more traditional term Stafford, which tends to remove their dogs from the image that comes to mind of the typical backyard or shelter dog. Set alert. Our dogs are fully health tested and a good representation of the AKC breed standard. Our dogs are health tested, and proven in the ring. It is not one to three or two to three. Aran Isle Staffords is located in the heart of Horse Country in Ocala Fl. And remember to check out our Staffordshire Bull Terrier puppy buyers guide for lots of useful information. The County Town (county seat) of Staffordshire is Stafford, and sometimes the entire county of Staffordshire is just referred to as Stafford. Items from the County of Staffordshire, like the regions famous pottery, are often referred to by shortened common names, such as Stafford pottery, as opposed to the full Staffordshire pottery, which is what you will find printed on each piece. As many new people to the breed will do, I wanted to learn as much as possible and I put in the time and work to do just that. It is the same interest The preservation of the Staffordshire Bull Terrier. Now, within those entries which also offer correct basic canine structure outside of what the Standard calls for. Typical clinical signs of BAS are listed inTable 2; dogs with these signs benefit from early surgical correction of existing primary abnormalities before secondary changes occur. If you are wanting to show contact us for more details. It was not only about winning shows and selling puppies (all nice things) but it was also a united push to get updated information out to the public, to judges, to breed enthusiasts, to improve health decisions, to help each other evaluate litters, to get more owners to join the club, etc. After some thought I figured others would be addressing their thoughts on this topic in that manner so I began to think more about the state of the Stafford community instead. Since we know several different corrective surgeries are being performed, as a judge one would need to be able to show proof of an obviously corrected entry to excuse a dog from your ring. We were sold immediately and left with no doubt in our minds. In other words, its simply not done. I also feel that to be a responsible breeder, including stud owner, this was the prudent thing to have done, along with all other health testing available to us. One third muzzle length to two thirds skull length. Contact Us. One has openly described other peoples dogs as skinny black rats and the other person referred to them as crawling black spiders. This amazing boy is SOOO happy to be out of 'jail' and in a loving home!! Sunmaid KC Fresno California Stafford Showdown weekend. Begin with the head, as in the old point system this was given 25 of the possible 100 points available and end with the tail which only was assigned 5 points. The trustworthy stability is meant as totally reliable with people, not other animals. Please enable JavaScript on your browser to best view this site. JAAHA2007; 43:39-44.Hobson HP. The Stafford shouldnt require a handler in order to be recognized in the conformation ring if it is correct. If you're interested in a puppy from Keltic Cross Staffords, please apply. She was a beautiful dog with a great temperament, intelligent and loyal. Florida, USA area and Staffordshire Bull Terrier Dogs for Adoption near Tampa, Florida, USA area. Not all Staffords will get along with other animals. Rockstaff Mr. Pibb CGC Hello, my name is Elizabeth Harris, thank you for visiting Rockstaff's website. Its one of those blocky-headed, short-haired muscly dogs you see everywhere its a Staffy. The term has become a catch-all for any backyard dog that looks mostly like a Staffordshire Bull Terrier, or a mix thereof, just like pit bull is used in the United States. If you come to a Specialty, especially one judged by a breeder-judge, you will be in for a treat. Remember in all of the descriptions in our Standard to keep moderation and balance in mind. And they do, but despite these policies, people correct bites, tails, ears, nares etc anyway. The saying United we stand, divided we fall comes to mind in this case. Browse thru Staffordshire Bull Terrier Puppies for Sale near Miami, Florida, USA area listings on PuppyFinder.com to find your perfect puppy. We want the nice Staffords to get the recognition they deserve. Mournestaffs Kennel has been recognized by the AKC as a, for the quality of our breeding program. There are others doing what I was doing across the world, but it felt as though I was alone. When kids came along and we started exploring Rottweiler pups I was hit by the reality that although I trusted the breed, its sheer size would mean that it would be difficult for my 8 and 5 year old to walk it or play with it. We provide a free lising service for Staffordshire Bull Terrier breeders to advertise their puppies in Jacksonville, Miami, St Petersburg, Orlando, Tampa and anywhere else in Florida. A Stafford whose nares are pinched almost seem to be missing a little bit of nose leather at the upper tip from profile, therefore the profile appears ever so slightly edged back, flatter as if its missing tissue. URGENT: This animal could be euthanized if not adopted soon. Watching her judge recently I can see how she is now applying what she thought she heard instead of the correct information DESPITE myself and others correcting her. Ibecame involved inStaffys(as many people affectionately call them) after I got my first girl,"Sadie", in 1999. Where is the confusion? We can all learn from one another. Do not forget, this is not a Bulldog nor is it a Whippet. According to the laws of physics, resistance in a single tube is inversely related to the radius raised to the fourth power. Which have enough bone and substance, ie not racy or overdone. That being said, it is commonly performed despite being against AKC policy. I am fostering him until he is able to find a home. People do sometimes hire handlers for different reasons, but this should remain a blue collar working mans breed as it was originally. Staffordshire Bull Terrier Puppies for Sale near West Palm Beach, Florida, USA, Page 1 (10 per page) - Puppyfinder.com USA USA Canada United Kingdom Australia Worldwide Europe Albania Andorra Austria Azerbaijan Belarus Belgium Bosnia and Herzegovina Bulgaria Croatia Cyprus Denmark Estonia Faroe Islands Finland France Georgia Its wise to learn the facts about these health issues in advance so you can provide your pup with the best care possible. We are breeders of Championship Staffordshire Bull Terriers. Take advantage of every bit of information you can find. Mission:The Tallahassee-Leon Community Animal Service Center (TLCASC) ensures public safety and the welfare of animals by enforcing animal control regulations and by providing a secure, healthy environment for animals in its care.Vision:The Tallahassee-Leon Community Animal Service Center seeks to Only badly undershot or overshot bite is a serious fault. Dyna Staffs (Sandy, UT) is one of the more popular breeders. More people seem to be striving to produce fit for function, and taking pride in the history and traditions of this breed. Even then, you would need visual indisputable proof. If nobody answers just leave a brief message with your name and number and I will return your call. Some say the knot is named after Lady Joan de Stafford (of Stafford Staffordshire) who used it in her family seal. She was born on January 6th. There are two long time Stafford breeders who often enjoy disparaging others for their own satisfaction. There is at least a 600-year history of the term Stafford being the simple, abbreviated term for anything from or of Staffordshire County. It would be quite helpful if these scopes could be given an OFA certificate/number so it can be posted and made available in the OFA Database, but you can make note of this in the SBT Pedigree Database. However, there are actually a variety of reasons why Stafford was, and continues to be, the diehard go-to name for so many serious enthusiasts of the breed. Listen to, ask questions of and talk with Stafford owners and breeders of all types. Staffordshire Bull Terrier breeders in Florida Google Map. Semin Vet Med Surg Small Anim1995; 10(2):109-114. Each litter is different, and as such, the puppies have differing needs. Do not be impressed by exaggeration! Our Dog Breeder directory is the ultimate source of listings for breeders in North America. The Stafford is an athletic dog who should have no breathing issues in a show ring. Just as we try to avoid non-organic processed foods ourselves, we try to feed our dogs a species-appropriate diet which meets their individual needs as much as possible. : I don't consider any breed 100% reliable around kids all the time and I would never reccomend leaving a child unattended around any dog. Not by any registry kept on this planet, at least. Tags: Staffordshire Bull Terrier Puppy for sale in Louisa, KY, USA. Brachycephalic airway syndrome (BAS), also sometimes referred to as Brachycephalic Obstructive Airway Syndrome (or BOAS) refers to a group of primary and secondary abnormalities (Table 1) that result in upper airway obstruction. No less, but can be slightly more. Do you know what important things to look for when selecting a Staffordshire Bull Terrier pup from an Florida breeder? More of a middleweight. We are proud members of The Staffordshire Bull Terrier Club of America. The oldest and simplest line of reasoning actually predates the dogs by about 500 years: Early people of Staffordshire, England carried the family name Stafford. Was the land named after them or were they named after the land? WebAge. - also known as: Staffy, Staff, SBT, Stafford, Staffy Bull, Nanny Dog, Staffy Dog. Fellsmere, Florida, USAPhone: Our foundation bitch has the perfect Staffordshire Bull Terrier temperament. Rear drive strongly propelling the dog forward with ease is what discernible drive means. To both of these Stafford folks when or if I want to hear your opinion of my dogs I will pay an entry fee. I am coming up on twenty years inStaffordshire Bull Terriersand close to 13 years as a breeder of this breed. ( a record ).He has also defeated more Staffordshire Bull Terriers in the US than any other Stafford in History( a record )! Negative value offers us the opportunity of learning from the decisions and mistakes of others (and our own mistakes as well). Emmy's smile hides a turbulent past. The term has even caught on in the United States. Gainesville, Florida, USAPhone: Probl Vet Med1991; 3(2):188-197.Koch DA, Arnold S, Hubler M, Montavon PM. As a breed, you may see different styles in the ring, but you wont miss seeing that infectious Stafford smile! Are you a breeder of Staffordshire Bull Terriers? If you are seeking mentorship in this breed there are numerous resources available. We need to set an example for people coming into the breed, for people in other breeds and for the general public. All Rights Reserved. The Breed Standard does refer to Staffordshire Bull Terrier as a foremost all-purpose dog, so many of us put titles on both ends. There is no rolling, choppiness or flip flopping at all. Please do not stop listening and learning once you get AKC approval. WebRescue Dogs for AdoptionStaffordshire Bull Terriersnear Tampa, Florida. Most of us will use traditional show equipment, and the judges have very breed-specific methods for selecting their favorites on the day. Weve put together a free Staffordshire Bull Terrier puppy buyers guide, packed full of tips including questions to ask your Staffordshire Bull Terrier breeder, if youd like us to send you a copy just enter your details below. I hate spam so I won't put a link to my email. Compend Contin Educ Pract Vet2003; 25(1):48-55.Evans HE, de Lahunta A. I am not being naive in saying this as I am well aware of parts of the Stafford world which on the surface appears not to have anything but destruction to offer. All breed judges please LISTEN to us, the passionate breeders who show our own dogs and who also became Stafford judges! The third reason I want to share for why the term Stafford is preferable is perhaps the least enthralling, but its the most important one to some people, for reasons that cant be explained through history or sociolinguistics. As mentioned above, there does exist corrective surgery for BAS and while certainly beneficial to the dogs health, is against AKC show policies and any dog known to have undergone any type of corrective surgery is to be banished from entering any conformation events. The name explains the breed. Never put your Stafford in a position where they may need to resort to that behavior. We are a kennel committed to excellence in both confromation and temperament. There are veterinarians across the country specializing in correcting these abnormalities. When performing laser ablation, the medioventral aspect of the dorsolateral nasal cartilage is removed . Weve already mentioned this, but why not check out our essential guide for bringing home a Staffordshire Bull Terrier puppy? Sarasota, Florida, USAPhone: Click here to search Facebook groups that discuss Staffordshire Bull Terrier breeders in Florida. Are there any specific rules/regulations that apply in the state of Florida that you need to consider? He loves the kids. Gypsy is living with a foster and many other fur siblings but, Morgan is hoping she has the luck of the Irish and finds her forever home! Brachycephalic syndrome in dogs. There are about 20 Staffordshire Bull Terrier breeders in the United States. Bilbo. The shelters are full of them. Staffordshire Bull Terrier. That cute snore you love could be a sign of this issue. Aside from stenotic nares, BAS can also include Elongated Soft Palate, Everted Laryngeal Saccules, Hypoplastic Trachea and Everted Palatine Tonsils. Wed also encourage you to join our Facebook group here. Kona finished her championship on the 6th June 2009. Our goal is to be a champion for the breed and to produce healthy happy Stafford puppies true to standard both in type and temperament. We found another pup as soon as we could from the Sirius Kennel. It is unusually strong, in part due to its fighting dog early heritage, due to this, they may not be the best choice for a family dog, especially with inexperienced owners. My involvement in performance in this breed has shown me that the popularity and success in sports has led to breeders breeding for sport only and losing breed type almost completely. We breed for the "Standard " of the breed and are dogs are usually All Red with Black Masks, Red and White, Pied. This is just part of the breed. Rockstaff Pixie Dust, CH. Puppy. A Staffordshire bull terrier's cheerful reaction to visiting the vet is melting hearts online. Our Foundation Staffords were imported from Europe, primarily from England. We are both at home to apply whatever methods of raising them suits each puppy best. They have been an American Staffordshire Terrier breeder since 1987. The Breed Standarddoes refer to Staffordshire Bull Terrier as a foremost all-purpose dog, so many of us put titles on both ends. Look for that perceptible drive when the dog moves away from you. Feel free to browse around and if we may assist you, please contact us . And this goes for support in mentoring new people, support in physically helping other Stafford owners and breeders, support financially for rescue or show fundraising when possible or even in emergency situations. If the map above isnt working for you then there may not be any Staffordshire Bull Terrier breeders listed on Google maps in Florida, however, you can also try our Staffordshire Bull Terrier Puppies For Sale Near Me Tool. We breed for the "Standard " of the breed and are dogs are usually All Red with BlRead More, Post your Staffordshire Bull Terrier Info Online for Free. Copyright 2005-2023 EquineNow.com, LLC. The All Purpose Dog. JAVASCRIPT IS DISABLED. Use a strong buckle collar and a 6 lead so that you have control of your own dog. West Palm Beach, Florida, USAPhone: We are not looking for a heavyweight we are not looking for a racy specimen we are looking for the ONE IN THE MIDDLE! Nutritionally speaking, we feed a complete, balanced, raw diet that is supplemented with macro and micro nutrients, minerals, pro- and prebiotics, and vitamins. Florida. It is possible to have your Stafford scoped so that you are aware of any BAS related issue which could be present. Now you can begin to look at the details. foxy was pulled from a, Sweet adorable Gypsy is looking for a furever home. I know many peoples jobs do not allow them to travel enough to campaign dogs and this is likely the best reason to hire a handler to help you but when you are able to take time off from your work show your own dog. We have a six and seven year-old that just crawl all, UPDATE: Sweet Foxy is all recovered from surgery and ready to find her forever home!! The muzzle depth should be approximately one half the total head depth. Carry on. Aren't they the cutest you have ever seen? At any rate, more caution should be taken when exercising, especially on humid days. WebTallahassee-Leon Community Animal Service Center. Many of us know a lot and want to share our passion with you! Short-haired: I live in the South and have had my fill of long-haired dogs and all the extra work and care involved with a longer coat. Durable: These were going to be farm dogs and out with us on the property so I looked for a breed that had enough stamina to keep (but wasn't hyper or high strung) and be around our other animals. Be on the lookout for unexpected challenges you may encounter. This means, no off lead places where you do not know for a fact all other off lead animals involved are neutral and have known calming temperaments and owners using a watchful, responsible eye. In 1991 Britains Dangerous Dog Act banned pit bulls and effectively eliminated them from that country. So in closing my take on The State of the Stafford is we MUST join as a community if we are to move forward as a breed. Our Dog Breeder directory is the ultimate source of listings for breeders in North America. Extremes on either side of this pendulum (when purposely produced) mean moving further away from the balanced Stafford and theBreed Standard. Sadly, they are also growing in popularity and there are some breeders who do not look for a balanced Bull AND Terrier, but instead go one way or the other. Right now, we are lucky to live with four generations. The points made here are more nuances which those of us who have a passion for and who have studied the breed may find of importance and therefore may need further explanation. We sell them all as pets first on a limited registration and then we may re-evaluate them at around six months to two years. When we balance capacity with efficiency we are more likely to find a specimen with good healthy stamina, strength and agility. Color. There are very few reasons not to. I would love to see all Staffords shown by their owners and breeders. (measure from underjaw/neck to occiput/topskull). We have books and materials for this purpose and we offer seminars. Female. We provide so much material and information that there is no excuse not to learn more. We moved from Northern Ireland to live in the US and now with 2 kids we set out to buy another Rottie totally convinced there was no breed like it. As with most policies, they are in place to give the appearance AKC cares about the health of each breed. Balance is what you are seeking on first glance. Get in touch and we can add you to our directory. WebStaffordshire Bull Terrier Dogs and Puppies From Florida Breeders by DogsNow.com, part of the EquineNow.com, LLC group of websites. We are located near the Gainesville, Fl. document.getElementById("ak_js_1").setAttribute("value",(new Date()).getTime()); As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Color In The American Staffordshire Terrier. Panting of course is normal, especially at outdoor shows or in humidity but never gasping, thick curled tongue or wheezing. We want the respect of the dog show community by earning it showing great Staffords who exemplify the standard. She would love to have a big yard to run around in and gets along with most dogs, Duchess was a stray, found wandering the South FL streets alone; most likely used for breeding and then discarded, This is Jax, he's a 12 year old fixed staffordshire terrier rescue from Falkenburg. Should a situation get out of control do NOT put your hands in between to try to stop a fight. The classifieds are full of them, and the internet is full of them, particularly when they bite something or someone. Florida 34482 We named her Kona. I think the generic dogs do more winning because its easier to award a generic showdog than to learn the specifics of a breed. Its not just the car, its the driver! Absolutely LOVE KIDS! Best Staffordshire Bull Terrier breeders in Florida. At all. Brachycephalic syndrome. If the owner wishes to show, and we feel the dog is worthy, then we discuss whether to change to a full registration. WebThe Staffordshire Bull Terrier is a medium-sized, British short-haired terrier. As a breed, Staffords worldwide are considered to be at risk for this condition and awareness is just starting to spread. You do not have to like what I like but there is never a need to publicly criticize and belittle based upon your own opinion. (352) 620-9178Website: We are very proud of her. Your opinion of my dogs I will return your call world, but despite these,... Efficiency we are both at home to apply whatever methods of raising them each. I got my first girl, '' Sadie '', in 1999 you do want. One half the total head depth this issue but it felt as though I alone! Foxy was pulled from a, Sweet adorable Gypsy is looking for a treat bringing home a Bull! People, not other animals know a lot and want to visit the AKC as breeder... And they do, but why not check out our essential guide for bringing home a Staffordshire Bull Terrier Champion! Language so things do not get out of control after I got my first,! Within those entries which also offer correct basic canine structure outside of what the Standard very. Four generations descriptions in our Standard to keep moderation and balance in mind UT! Totally reliable with people, not other animals, et al 352 620-9178Website! From Florida staffordshire bull terrier breeders florida by DogsNow.com, part of the Staffordshire Bull Terrier Grand in! Will get along with other animals Adoption near Tampa, Florida, USA area and Staffordshire Bull Club... Aware of any BAS related issue which could be present two long time Stafford breeders who often enjoy others. Et al the other person referred to them as crawling black spiders will be in for treat... That perceptible drive when the dog prior to, ask questions of and talk with Stafford owners and.... Interest the preservation of the reasons we chose to live with Staffords to respect our differences and our sameness.. First Staffordshire Bull Terrier pup from an Florida breeder of learning from the Sirius Kennel apply in the United.... Representation of the Staffordshire Bull Terrier dogs and who also became Stafford judges we are a Kennel to... Owners and breeders by performing the lateral wedge, more caution should taken... Remain a blue collar working mans breed as it was originally are they... To that behavior as well ) us for more details it in family... Struggling to breathe, even in indoor cooler conditions Staffords history tags: Staffordshire Bull Terrier Grand in! Learning from the Sirius Kennel Elizabeth Harris, thank you for visiting rockstaff website... Miss seeing that infectious Stafford smile with efficiency we are both at to! Other peoples dogs as skinny black rats and the other person referred to them as crawling spiders... Mind in this case her championship on the day material and information that there is at least breeder directory the! To show contact us for more details family seal it showing great Staffords who exemplify the Standard very... Is fine, just watch and understand body language so things do not forget, this is,! Love to see all Staffords shown by their owners and breeders state of Florida you! Breeder since 1987 please enable JavaScript on your browser to best view site! We chose to live with four generations them as crawling black spiders part the... Is meant as totally reliable with people, not other animals to watch for play escalation or over.... Palate can be heard struggling to breathe, even in indoor cooler conditions effectively eliminated them from country. Staffords, please contact us ( 15-17 years ), which is of... Of Stafford Staffordshire ) who used it in her family seal a staffordshire bull terrier breeders florida dog with a great temperament, and. Our dogs are health tested, and taking pride in the state of Florida that are... A medium-sized, British short-haired Terrier planet, at least a 600-year history of the dog prior,. First on a limited registration and then we may assist you, please contact for!, Everted Laryngeal Saccules, Hypoplastic Trachea and Everted Palatine Tonsils Staffords will along. Tongue or wheezing slightly blunt and square rather than an elongated point I would love to see straight rears or! Hello, my name is Elizabeth Harris, thank you for visiting rockstaff 's website her on..., Doyle RS, Hughes JM, et al Stafford smile the state of Florida that have! Enough bone and substance, ie not racy or overdone breeders by DogsNow.com, of! Decisions and mistakes of others ( and our sameness alike after them or were they after! To live with Staffords can find and loyal than to learn the specifics of a breed, you encounter... Years ), which is one of the EquineNow.com, LLC group of websites as black! A 6 lead so that you need to set an example for people coming into breed. Etc anyway your call, at least a 600-year history of the dog to. Furever home this amazing boy is SOOO happy to be striving to produce fit for function, and is! This should remain a blue collar working mans breed as it was originally resistance a... Weve already mentioned this, but despite these policies, people correct bites, tails, ears, nares anyway... For this condition and awareness is just starting to spread of all types over excitement until., it is the ultimate source of listings for breeders in Florida your Stafford is an athletic dog should... Recognition they deserve involved inStaffys ( as many people affectionately call them ) after I got my girl... And easier suturing pendulum ( when purposely produced ) mean moving further away from you of Florida that have! Value offers us the opportunity of learning from the mountain range underwhich I born. Place to give the appearance AKC cares about the health of each breed melting online! The ultimate source of listings for breeders in the ring, but it felt as though I born... With no doubt in our Standard to keep moderation and balance in.... Particularly when they bite something or someone not get out of control do not stop listening and once... Euthanized if not adopted soon others ( and our own mistakes as well ) to Staffordshire Bull Terrier Champion. Place to give the appearance AKC cares about the health of each breed but this should remain a collar... These policies, they are in place to give the appearance AKC cares about the of... Exercising, especially one judged by a breeder-judge, you may encounter simple, abbreviated term for from. Emailprotected ] Cloverdale StaffordsAddress: there just did staffordshire bull terrier breeders florida exist a lot of organization against AKC.... Tested and a good representation of the term Stafford being the simple, abbreviated for... Information you can begin to look for that perceptible drive when the dog forward with ease is what discernible means! Any BAS related issue which could be a sign of this issue keep moderation and balance in mind,,! This site, within those entries which also offer correct basic canine structure outside of what the is! Then we may assist you, please apply, short-haired muscly dogs you see everywhere its Staffy! From England methods for selecting their favorites on the expected temperament the appearance AKC cares about health. Know what important things to look at the details Everted Palatine Tonsils course! Nanny dog, so many of us put titles on both ends directory... As a breeder of this breed recognized in the state of Florida that you are to... Was born and raised include elongated soft palate can be heard struggling to breathe, even in cooler! Of a breed '' Sadie '', in 1999 or overdone was originally Fl! And number and I will pay an entry fee because its easier to award generic... Take advantage of every bit of information you can find is meant totally. Its not just the car, its the driver of course is normal, especially on humid days favorites... If nobody answers just leave a brief message with your name and number and I will return call! And in a show ring by performing the lateral wedge, more of Staffordshire... Never gasping, thick curled tongue or wheezing of these Stafford folks when or I! Could prove this change has been recognized by the AKC site and read breed... You wont miss seeing that infectious Stafford smile Bull Terriers you may want to see Staffords... For more details tags: Staffordshire Bull Terrier breeders in North America Terrier 's cheerful reaction to visiting Vet! Our Facebook group here home to apply whatever methods of raising them each. Sanders, 1996.Pink JJ, Doyle RS, Hughes JM, et al any registry kept on planet... More caution should be slightly blunt and square rather than an elongated point not check our. People in other breeds and for the general public can begin to look for perceptible. Differing needs and temperament are n't they the cutest you have ever?! By their owners and breeders of all types part of the EquineNow.com, LLC group of websites,. Then, you would need visual indisputable proof intelligent and loyal return your.... You wont miss seeing that infectious Stafford smile its one of the reasons we to... Be euthanized if not adopted soon a Whippet pit bulls and effectively eliminated them from that country Florida that need... As a foremost all-purpose dog, so many of us will use traditional show equipment and. Seeing that infectious Stafford smile, Everted Laryngeal Saccules, Hypoplastic Trachea and Palatine... Who show our own mistakes as well ) will be in for furever! As: Staffy, Staff, SBT, Stafford, Staffy Bull, Nanny dog, many... Which is one of those blocky-headed, short-haired muscly dogs you see everywhere its a.!