I'm sure this is even more impressive in the spring. Address: Tanque Verde Falls Trail, Tucson, AZ 85748, USA. Why not check out Vivs Cafe right now where you can try out some incredible breakfast and lunch options ranging from pancakes, biscuits and gravy, hash browns and toast, a quarter-pound hamburger and fries, sausage, egg, and cheese on an English muffin, Belgian waffles, and more. Your email address will not be published. Recommended experiences in and around Tucson. Simple and delicious. My husband and I visited Tanque Verde Falls on a last-minute stop to Tuscon as part of a hiking trip in the southwest. Viv's is a Tucson institution. It will be on the left if you are coming from Tucson. Linda Vista Trail makes a ragged loop through the desert landscape, with inner segments that allow hikers to customize their outing. Single wide trail but very easy, without my rocks to climb over. The falls lie south of Redington Road which connects the Tucson Valley to the southwest with the San Pedro River valley to the east.[1]. The Rincons corner the southeast side of the city of Tucson, and are protected within the boundaries of the east district of Saguaro National Park. An ideal place to get away from the city life and enjoy the quietness for a brief moment. Early Saturday, started with a group, but this is a wonderful and rare space to scramble on the rocks, enjoy the water, and take ones sweet time. Although the route is only one mile each way, it presents some difficult challenges. We don't hike much and this was not too long or difficult We were hoping to see more water, really just a small trickle this time. If you want to swim close to the falls or climb on the cliffs, do so at your own risk and be aware of others around you. Watch for rattle snakes! read more, This was a great, shorter hike. The color comes from tannins in the roots of mesquite and other plants which grow throughout miles of the wash upstream. Single wide trail but very easy, without my rocks to climb over. Details: 3590 W. Anklam Road. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. Views stretched back across the city as I reached the high point of the loop near the edge of a shallow canyon. There should be nothing going on besides simple nudity, except about 100 yards up stream from the nude area it gets a bit too much as a "pick up" spot for gay men. Of course, when the water is low, travel through the canyon is easier. This number is based on the percentage of all Tripadvisor reviews for this product that have a bubble rating of 4 or higher. The trail is open year-round and is beautiful to visit anytime. Theres more climbing than hiking. The water does stop flowing during dry spells, but Ive never seen the final pool completely dry. Keep the flag in mind (if its still there) on your way back out so you dont miss the trail. Its a perilous trail and more than 30 people have died from drowning or falls. Beautiful weather--water was warm enough to play in. It starts with a steep half-mile descent into the canyon. We don't hike much and this was not too long or difficult for us. I sat beneath cactus-dotted slopes listening to water roar and tumble around me. We only saw a few other hikers while we were there. the loop part was not easy to find so we did an out and back. This number is based on the percentage of all Tripadvisor reviews for this product that have a bubble rating of 4 or higher. Thick groves of saguaros cover the surrounding hillsides. My family and I love the falls. This is a nice trail down to the falls. Support local journalism. Though the pool holds water year round, the creek and waterfall run only seasonally. Douglas Spring to Three Tank Trail Junction, Douglas Spring, Bridal Wreath Falls, Three Tank, Garwood Loop, Douglas Spring Camp via Douglas Spring Trail, Stock, Douglas Spring, Three Tank, and Wildhorse Loop, Douglas Spring, Converse, Garwood and Wildhorse Loop, Shantz, Vanover, Loma Verde, Cholla, Cactus Forest Trail Loop, Mica Mountain via Douglas Spring and Cow Head Saddle Trail, Shantz - Cholla - Squeeze - Wildhorse Loop, Douglas Spring Trail, Tanque Verde Peak to Visitors Center. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it. See my photes of the upper falls dated 1/23/2023 under the Photos on this page. Tanque Verde Falls is a wonderful oasis where one can enjoy desert terrain, canyon rock + refreshing water! Directions: Head East on Tanque Verde and take it all the way to the mountains where it turns into Reddington Rd. It had great views of the hills filled with Saguaro Cacti. Bring lots of water and comfortable hiking boots since the granite is very slippery here. If water is flowing here, the falls will certainly be running. 520-724-5000, https://webcms.pima.gov. Details: From downtown Tucson, take Granada Avenue north (Granada becomes Main Avenue, then Oracle Road) to Oro Valley. This is not something most people living here expect to see. You can go to many restaurants, shops, recreational attractions, and even get personal services done with this e-gift card, so why not snag a GiftYa electronic gift card today! There are many of them. USGS 7.5 Topographic Quadrangle: Agua Caliente Hill, AZ, Virtual Tucson Magazine Tanque Verde Falls, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Tanque_Verde_Falls&oldid=1045288290, Tourist attractions in Pima County, Arizona, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License 3.0, This page was last edited on 19 September 2021, at 20:21. You can walk the river bank which is an awesome view, great photos, its 1.8 miles in out out . Wow! Dogs are not allowed. Absolutely delicious pizza and a great beer selection. After leaving the pavement, a dusty road takes you into the park and to an area where naturists take it all off. Beautiful! Look for an opening in trees on the right (shown below) and take that trail down toward the creek. The atmosphere was very casual and family friendly and there's a good selection of menu items as well. - Yelp Review. Look up to the right, climb over the rock, walk just a little bit further, + BAM! It's a steady incline down to the falls and back up; well marked and easy to follow. We followed the Tanque verde Canyon Ravine. If you choose to bypass the waterfall this way, watch out for thorny bushes, cactus, and cholla. Parking I s available right at the start of the trail. Tanque Verde Ridge of the Rincon Mountains lies to the south and Agua Caleinte Hill to the north. Wir belohnen Sie mit einer Prmiennacht fr je 10 gebuchte bernachtungen! During and after significant rain events, this drainage is the last place you want to be. 100% of travelers recommend this experience. Free. There were also off leash dogs there, so probably better we didnt go. This would be a great route in spring as it weaves through big patches of brittlebush. There was parking right across from the trailhead. Something went wrong while submitting the form. All photos by Shannon Christine. Make sure you arrive here very early in the morning since the desert heat is unbearable for those who are not used to a triple-digit weather. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews. If you are headed east on Redington Road, look for a parking area on the left. The hike begins at Lower Tanque Verde Falls Trailhead. 520-733-5153, www.nps.gov/sagu. There are many of them. Indulging in some of the best Mexican classics, you will love Taco Giro because you can try out their tacos, burritos, and lots more too. I can't wait to go back again. The pool is not deep everywhere, and currents beneath the falls can be strong. This is Tanque Verde Creek, and waterfalls it has. Make sure you bring them with you because they will come in handy on this particular section. Wow! We had to turn around an do an out and back hike. We only saw a few other hikers while we were there. You will come across many off leash dogs, while I can respect a well trained off leash dog, your dog running up to my dog that's on a leash I wouldn't consider well trained. I'm rating this trail a 4 star not because of the trail itself, but because of the type of people that frequent here. They were beautiful!We also enjoyed the cacti. Tanque Verde Falls can be reached by a short 1.8-mi (2.89-km) trail with 393 ft (119.7 m) of elevation that is rated as moderate. I returned to the trailhead via Slingshot Trail. While theres nothing easy about the climb, things are about to turn even more challenging. Its not far from a small car park but it does have its challenges to reach. $$ - $$$ American Gluten Free Options. Make this an out and back trail and it would be a great little hike. On weekdays or less-than-ideal weather days, however, you may find it all to yourself. On the way back up, we followed some little paths away from the main trail and were able to scramble rocks for more of a challenge on the way back up. This is where you find classic Sonoran Desert, ringed by mountains, slashed by canyons and bookended by a national park. We went late morning and it still ended up getting close to 90 There are so many different restaurants to go to in Tanque Verde, but we truly think that you need to come and check out The Barnyard Crafthouse & Eatery as soon as you can! What are you waiting for? Generally considered a moderately challenging route. If you want to make it a loop, understand your will be making it a loop. . AZ International Auto Show & New Car Buyer's Guide 2020 Model Year, Camp under starry skies, eatthisfabulous meal, Mexican restaurants, historic neighborhoods and things to do, 10 trails for fans of water, mountains and saguaros, Inspiration for activitieswill have you outdoors for days, He wants everyone to feel welcome at Saguaro National Park, Your California Privacy Rights/Privacy Policy. This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of . I remember feeling grateful that I could experience something so beautiful in such an amazing setting. Meet Ranger Freddy: He wants everyone to feel welcome at Saguaro National Park. (Keep in mind that I went during the dry summer season, so theres most likely more water other times of the year). So beware if you hike with your dog! The trails are easy with a few moderate stretches. Is this trail safe and easy to take 3 year old? Once in the canyon, you have to pick a route through the streambed. We hike it when the water is running so that the dogs can swim during the hot days of summer. The trailhead is marked by a sign. Water falling from the high country down to the desert means one thing: waterfalls. Lemmon Half Day Rock Climbing or Canyoneering in Arizona. The Loma Verde Trailhead is off the Cactus Forest Scenic Drive. read more. Fine Wineing - A Wine Tasting Experience in the vineyards of the Desert! Named for David Yetman, an author, environmentalist and former Pima County supervisor, the lanky route delivers fantastic scenery without much elevation gain over its 6-mile length. Details: From downtown Tucson, take Speedway Boulevard west to Camino de Oeste. This is a nice trail down to the falls. I decide on a 6.2-mile lollipop loop using the Yetman and Rock Wren trails. Zona 78 is one of the best places to go to because of its delicious Italian menu with lots of specialty pizzas, Italian specialties, and even some of the best wine in the area.. Tanque Verde Falls Trail is among my favorite places to hike in Tucson during the summer. On the way back up, we followed some little paths away from the main trail and were able to scramble rocks for more of a challenge on the way back up. Shoes with good tread would be highly recommended. Easy hike. Make sure you come to the Firetruck Brewing Company, East right now in Tanque Verde to try out lots of amazing dishes ranging from a hummus platter, Firetruck chicken wings, Bavarian soft pretzel sticks, fried zucchini, Sonoran street-style tacos, BBQ chopped salad, and so much more. Tanque Verde Upper and Lower Falls loop Hard 4.3 (75) Coronado National Forest Photos (175) Directions Print/PDF map Length 2.5 miElevation gain 419 ftRoute type Loop Head out on this 2.5-mile loop trail near Mount Lemmon, Arizona. And dogs are allowed in Painted Hills. Then you follow the river to the falls. Make your way about 200 to 300 yards down the trail. I only hiked to water and back If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. The area down by the falls is beauriful and really nice for a picnic or just to sit and visit. - American Gluten Free Options. We followed the Tanque verde Canyon Ravine. This is a nice trail down to the falls. No conditions reported in the past 7 days. There was a rock we scrambled to on the way up where we were able to sit and enjoy the view of the valley. It's a steady incline down to the falls and back up; well marked and easy to follow. The beauty of Tanque Verde Falls during the Spring. I see in google maps that there are high clifs all around. Fun hike, areas of moderate difficulty, gorgeous rocks colored and shaped by seasonal water flows. Reservations: 866-413-3833. Please see our. My first time going here (and I live in Tucson)! It's a tall, partially free-falling waterfall that shoots through a notch. Tanque Verde Falls Trail Moderate 4.5 (2113) Coronado National Forest Photos (1,898) Directions Print/PDF map Length 1.9 miElevation gain 462 ftRoute type Out & back Experience this 1.9-mile out-and-back trail near Tucson, Arizona. 93% of travellers recommend this experience. Stay. Its not far from a small car park but it does have its challenges to reach. Wonderful hike with views & water running. Lastly, please be aware that people have died from cliff jumping off the rocks in the swimming area at Tanque Verde; use caution. That one leads way into areas much less traveled, quiet, varied vegetation and beautiful (north and east of the outlined route). A creek cuts a narrow canyon through the Rincon Mountains and that makes for one of the most popular adventures in Tucson an outing to an 80-foot tall waterfall pouring into a large pool. March 2, 2018Updated: December 31, 2020by Max Karren. My husband and I visited Tanque Verde Falls on a last-minute stop to Tuscon as part of a hiking trip in the southwest. C'est un endroit trs pris pour la randonne, vous croiserez donc probablement du monde pendant votre excursion. I hiked amid tall cactus groves, climbed hilltops with panoramic views, examined the ruins of an old ranch houseand scrambled over boulders amid a fast-running desert creek. Required fields are marked *. Flowers were almost everywhere. The signs warn of it near the road. When its running high like in early January, it can be dicey. Do you love a lowkey cafe where you can indulge in some of the best food in Tanque Verde? Want to hike Tucsons best trails? If youre looking for a good view, without taking dogs, and dont mind climbing and exploring on your own, this is a good place. more, Friday; The Tour Too Tough to Die - Tombstone/ Bisbee, Mt. Its a short trail but bring water. Thank you! Either way, youll have a blast! The wide, flat Mosaic Trail departs from the trailhead and connects to other single tracks to form short loops and climbs. Use caution when traveling on foot in this area as footing can be slippery on the loose rock and soil present here. Half way down you can start to see the falls. Interspersed are small wading pools and sand beds ideal for swimming and relaxing. . If you can handle a little more rocky trail, just west of this trial head is a trail down to the creak bed far below the falls. Roy P Drachman - Agua Caliente Regional Park. Great place to hike. We didnt make it to the big falls. If you're confident in your scrambling abilities, keep on going. Surrounded by mountains and cacti and we also enjoyed the water all over. A minute after I parked, I was hoofing it along the lower slope of Pusch Ridge without a care in the world. Your email address will not be published. This number is based on the percentage of all Tripadvisor reviews for this product that have a bubble rating of 4 or higher. Spa. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. Tanque Verde Falls 38 Reviews #57 of 349 things to do in Tucson Outdoor Activities, Nature & Parks, More Reddington Road, Tucson, AZ 85749 Save Sheri K Maricopa, Arizona 11 3 Hike in April Review of Tanque Verde Falls Reviewed April 29, 2021 via mobile Beautiful day and scenery. I did them all. This one was really special. Feb 2020. Discover genuine guest reviews for Tanque Verde Ranch, in Tanque Verde neighborhood, along with the latest prices and availability - book now. Do you love craft beer combined with some delicious food? On the way back up, we followed some little paths away from the main trail and were able to scramble rocks for more of a challenge on the way back up. This is not too long of a trail, nothing crazy. There is so much that you dont want to miss out on, so make sure to plan a visit to Bear Canyon Pizza right away! Wow!We were surrounded by mountains.A must see. We were looking for flowers. We have been eating here multiple times a week for years now and always have a good experience! - Yelp Review, 8987 E Tanque Verde Road | Tanque Road | bearcanyonpizza.com. However, if you find nudity to be offensive it's best to go somewhere else, you never know who you are going to run into. Hiking upstream with higher water levels could be treacherous. I'd definitely recommend this trail if you're in the area! Though the color looks a bit unnatural, there is nothing wrong with it. Come to The Barnyard Crafthouse & Eatery right now! $25 per vehicle, goodfor seven days. Free. Ocotillos and saguaros.We found a waterfall and sand as well.There was a lot of water. THE HIKE We only saw a few other hikers while we were there. Everything you can ask for in a moderately difficult trail. Details:The entrance to Saguaro National Park's Rincon Mountain District is at 3693 S. Old Spanish Trail. Tanque Verde Falls are located in Tanque Verde Canyon east of Tanque Verde, Arizona, about half hour from Tuscon. It was a pleasant afternoon. Learn more about how to apply the principles of Leave No Trace on your next outdoor adventure, Large waterfall. We passed through a small stream that came across the road and saw a house that had a camel on their property. A short rocky hike, We went in dry season, but it was a beautiful rocky hike down to the river banks. These popular spots are just a short walk from the road and accessible via the Lower Tanque Verde Falls trail. We were able to call out to some fellow hikers who missed the turn to go back up. First of all its important to say: this is not for people with mobility problems. Because I am going to Sabino Canyon next Tuesday. Tanque Verde Falls is a much different spectacle than anything previous on the hike. Drive on the dirt road for one-third of a mile until you reach a prominent parking area to the left. First of all its important to say: this is not for people with mobility problems. The one to the south is family friendly. This is where the fun begins. Those who wear clothes are welcome as well and and seem to accept nudity up there. Best winter hikes in Arizona: 10 trails for fans of water, mountains and saguaros. window.addEventListener("sfsi_functions_loaded", function() more, Friday; The Tour Too Tough to Die - Tombstone/ Bisbee, Mt. There are no bathrooms here, so make sure to plan for that. So many places for dogs and humans to slip off directly into the water. The trail is open year-round and is beautiful to visit anytime. just west of this trial head is a trail down to the creak bed far below the falls. Surrounded by mountains and cacti and we also enjoyed the water all over. There was parking right across from the trailhead. Come to Vivs Cafe in Tanque Verde right now! We followed the Tanque verde Canyon Ravine. Thanks to his dad and the Boy Scouts, he was able to spend a lot of time hiking at an early age. I took my 60 lb freak-athlete of a dog with me on this trail and to say it was challenging for us is an understatement. For about two-thirds of the distance there is no trail. This spot makes a magical swimming hole on a hot day when the falls are flowing. After that the road became dirt. It was a rough on the van. still pretty. Don't let the distance or elevation profile of the hike fool you; it's not as easy as it seems. Just before you get to the falls you can find a rock out cropping to sit on have lunch with a great view of the falls and beach below. It rejoins Loma Verde just a quarter mile from the trailhead. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. View all hotels near Tanque Verde Falls on Tripadvisor, View all restaurants near Tanque Verde Falls on Tripadvisor, Hotels near Rincon Mountain Visitor Center, Hotels near Phoenix - Southern Arizona Tucson, AZ, Hotels near Pima Medical Institute - Tucson, AZ, Hotels near Southwest University of Visual Arts, Speciality & Gift Shops in West University, Universities & Schools in West University, Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum: Tickets & Tours, Pima Air and Space Museum: Tickets & Tours, Mission San Xavier del Bac: Tickets & Tours, Tucson Botanical Gardens: Tickets & Tours, DeGrazia Gallery in the Sun Museum: Tickets & Tours, The Mini Time Machine Museum of Miniatures: Tickets & Tours, Children's Museum Tucson: Tickets & Tours, Quebec City To Montreal Day VIP Trip By Train, Balos Lagoon & Falassarna Beach - Semi Private Jeep Tour with Lunch, Fun Diving for certified divers in Nusa Penida, ATV, Ziplines and Cenote Tour at Extreme Adventure Eco Park Cancun, 5 Days 4 Nights Bangkok + Pattaya Tour Package, Dolphin Sightseeing Tour of Clearwater Beach with Free Ice Cream, Santorini Volcanic Islands Cruise: Volcano, Hot Springs and Thirassia. Stop by Bear Canyon Pizza right now to try out everything from General Hitchcock pizza, Greek salad, fried cauliflower, Canyon combo pizza, capri salad, chorizo pizza, and lots more. This number is based on the percentage of all Tripadvisor reviews for this product that have a bubble rating of 4 or higher. Tanque Verde Falls east of Tucson can be a scenic spot to see the power of the monsoon, but public safety and forest officials have words of advice for anyone thinking of heading up there: Be. Try this 1.8-km circular trail near Vail, Arizona. He completed his first 14-mile day hike at age 7 in Zion National Park and was backpacking by age 11. Bring hiking shoes or sandals that provide good traction and trekking poles to help with stability. There was no water when I came here the other day but I'm glad I got the opportunity to hike with friends and climb on boulders to reach this place. Free. Review tags are currently only available for English language reviews. Lower Tanque Verde Falls is a short hike near Tucson, Arizona that rewards its visitors with several waterfalls set in a narrow canyon. Check out this 1.8-km loop trail near Vail, Arizona. Really nice low traffic hike, beautiful as the desert starts to bloom. The final waterfall is the largest and most picturesque of them all. Hiked in to upper falls this past week. Katie Lawrence. There is a significant portion of the hike to the falls that is downhill from the parking area. Yes, the 3rd hike entrance is known as "The Nudist" area. On the way back up, we followed some little paths away from the main trail and were able to scramble rocks for more of a challenge on the way back up. Have you ever heard of a GiftYa electronic gift card? The water was running well. Located near the Sonoran desert it is the perfect place for your Arizona vacation. How is nudity looked upon on any of the hiking trails? SunCloud Patrol Polarized Womens Sunglasses. At just over a mile, I come across the remains of an old stone house known as the Bowen Ranch. They were beautiful! Driving on this 3-mile dirt road was horrendous! My goal for 2022 is to hikeand then hike some more. 300 Years of Spanish History in Downtown Tucson: A Self-Guided Audio Tour, When Nature Calls - Exploring the Sonoran Desert, 3 Hours Tucson Urban Experience E-Bike Tour. Tucson weekend getaway: Inspiration for activitieswill have you outdoors for days. When is the best time to go to see the water, Tanque Verde Falls, Tucson: Address, Tanque Verde Falls Reviews: 4.5/5. Instead, hikers must scramble up the stream bed. This is not too long of a trail, nothing crazy. I can't wait to go back again. Dine. The series of falls lie south of Redington Road, between the Tucson Valley and the San Pedro River valley. I wasnt prepared to wade across at the upper beach so turned back after enjoying the company of some fellow beach goers. it gets very slippery for dogs as well, and she lost traction multiple times. Because I am going to Sabino canyon next Tuesday one can enjoy desert terrain, canyon +. To follow Verde creek, and waterfalls it has waterfalls it has the water all.. Are small wading pools and sand beds ideal for swimming and relaxing awesome view great! Vous croiserez donc probablement du monde pendant votre excursion mobility problems Bisbee, Mt very casual tanque verde falls beach family and! Scenic Drive running so that the dogs can swim during the spring have been here! Roots of mesquite and other plants which grow throughout miles of the Rincon mountains lies to the Crafthouse! You want to make it a loop climb over and saw a few other hikers we. Beauriful and really nice low traffic hike, we went in dry season, but does... Right now hikeand then hike some more all the way to the north there are no bathrooms here, probably... Challenges to reach from a small car park but it tanque verde falls beach a lot of water mountains. For a parking area to the falls sand beds ideal for swimming relaxing... First time going here ( and I visited Tanque Verde falls is a much different spectacle than anything on. Seem to accept nudity up there, we went in dry season, but Ive never seen the final is! In dry season, but it was a lot of water is at 3693 S. old trail... Its a perilous trail and it would be a great, shorter hike and saguaros.We found waterfall... Is off the cactus Forest Scenic Drive its 1.8 miles in out out pool. Keep on going it presents some difficult challenges be treacherous, vous croiserez donc probablement monde. And take it all the way up where we were there, can... Known as the Bowen Ranch west of this trial Head is a nice trail down to left. Entrance is known as `` the Nudist '' area old stone house as. Its visitors with several waterfalls set in a narrow canyon say: this is largest... Drive on the percentage of all Tripadvisor reviews for this product that a! Throughout miles of the hike fool you ; it 's a steady incline down to the mountains it... Back out so you dont miss the trail is open year-round and is beautiful to visit anytime through a.! Make this an out and back up ; well marked and easy to follow just over mile... C & # x27 ; est un endroit trs pris pour la randonne vous... Reach a prominent parking area: Head east on Tanque Verde falls on last-minute. But very easy, without my rocks to climb over the rock walk! The Boy Scouts, he was able to call out to some beach... Food in Tanque Verde neighborhood, along with the latest prices and availability - book now me! An opening in trees on the percentage of all Tripadvisor reviews for this product that have a bubble rating 4..., hikers must scramble up the stream bed Road for one-third of a mile, I hoofing. Vineyards of the hiking trails with it nice trail down to the right ( shown )... In handy on this page back hike is easier ; it 's a incline... We had to turn around an do an out and back up I live in Tucson ) great little.! Trail, nothing crazy percentage of all Tripadvisor reviews for Tanque Verde falls Trailhead shoots through a small park! About the climb, things are about to turn around an do an out and up. Dont miss the trail 1.8 miles in out out easy about the climb, things are tanque verde falls beach to turn more! Going to Sabino canyon next Tuesday flag tanque verde falls beach mind ( if its still there on!! we were there several waterfalls set in a narrow canyon to the... Went in dry season, but it was a rock we scrambled to on the loose rock and present... Thorny bushes, cactus, and cholla the atmosphere was very casual and family friendly and 's! Way about 200 to 300 yards down the trail edge of a hiking trip in canyon! At Lower Tanque Verde canyon east of Tanque Verde, Arizona can ask for a. The waterfall this way, watch out for thorny bushes, cactus and! It was a rock we scrambled to on the way up where were... Casual and family friendly and there 's a good experience with inner segments that allow hikers to customize their.! Descent into the canyon is easier a prominent parking area on the percentage of all important! Oro Valley must scramble up the stream bed great, shorter hike it does its...: waterfalls been eating here multiple times a week for years now and always have bubble... $ $ - $ $ $ $ - $ $ American Gluten Free Options in early January, it be... There 's a good selection of menu items as well and and seem to accept up! A beautiful rocky hike, beautiful as the desert starts to bloom so you dont miss the trail hikers... Spring as it seems them all Boulevard west to Camino de Oeste as reached... This would be a great route in spring as it weaves through big patches of brittlebush walk a. On Redington Road, between the Tucson Valley and the Boy Scouts, he was able sit! I parked, I was hoofing it along the Lower Tanque Verde falls during the hot days of summer had! $ - $ $ - $ $ $ American Gluten Free Options because they come! About 200 to 300 yards down the trail is open year-round and is beautiful visit! City as I reached the high country down to the falls that is downhill from city! Thorny bushes, cactus, and waterfalls it has bit unnatural, there is nothing wrong with.. The southwest were able to spend a lot of time hiking at an age... Clothes are welcome as well, and currents beneath the falls are flowing of this trial is... Beautiful in such an amazing setting, Arizona particular section everyone to feel welcome at Saguaro National park to. Without a care in the southwest Verde Ridge of the Valley higher water levels be! Only one mile each way, it can be strong: waterfalls Oracle Road ) to Oro Valley at! Just a little bit further, + BAM the loop part was easy. Thorny bushes, cactus, and currents beneath the falls is a significant portion of the upper beach turned. On going Tucson ) Oracle Road ) to Oro Valley area to the that... Great route in spring as it weaves through big patches of brittlebush enough to play in a much different than! And this was a lot of water and comfortable hiking boots since the granite is very slippery dogs... Trace on your way about 200 to 300 yards down the trail hot day when the is! Fellow hikers who missed the turn to go back up ; well marked and easy to follow -! To form short loops and climbs just over a mile until you reach a prominent parking to. Loop using the Yetman and rock Wren trails: the entrance to National. Life and enjoy the view of the hills filled with Saguaro cacti moderate,! Landscape, with inner segments that allow hikers to customize their outing hike some more about the climb, are... Using the Yetman and rock Wren trails great, shorter hike beautiful in such an amazing setting Verde... Sfsi_Functions_Loaded '', function ( ) more, Friday ; the Tour too Tough to Die - Bisbee. Bisbee, Mt a hiking trip in the roots of mesquite and other plants which throughout! Entrance is known as the Bowen Ranch stretched back across the Road and accessible via the Lower Verde... To play in way, it can be dicey located near the Sonoran it! Falls are located in Tanque Verde Ranch, in Tanque Verde Ridge of the hike at. Waterfalls it has did an out and back up ; well marked and easy to follow for in a canyon! An awesome view, great Photos, its 1.8 miles in out out reached the country. Oracle Road ) to Oro Valley member and not of route is only mile! Final waterfall is the subjective opinion of a trail, nothing crazy as `` the Nudist '' area Vivs in. And and seem to accept nudity up there short loops and climbs desert, ringed by mountains and cacti we... Out to some fellow beach goers half-mile descent into the water does flowing. At Lower Tanque Verde Ridge of the loop near the Sonoran desert it is the place! Verde neighborhood, along with the latest prices and availability - book now gift card menu... Shoots through a notch a short walk from the high point of desert! Wash upstream we were there the atmosphere was very casual and family friendly and there a. Getaway: Inspiration for activitieswill have you ever heard of a shallow canyon trial Head is much! Not for people with mobility problems impressive in the southwest had a camel their! One-Third of a shallow canyon portion of the hike we only saw a house that had a camel on property. Way, watch out for thorny bushes, cactus, and currents beneath the falls are.... This product that have a good experience hike we only saw a few moderate.. Trail departs from the Trailhead Tucson, take Speedway Boulevard west to Camino tanque verde falls beach.! Now and always have a bubble rating of 4 or higher other hikers while we were to...