I went up and talked to the pilots and they were like, 'We know. In a third, Bell, Sr. had a specially created Styrofoam case for the outboard. Stenhouse's Daytona win shows the 500 is 'crazier' than ever, Beers, mullets and the Daytona 500: Inside Travis Pastrana's and Jimmie Johnson's friendship, Marco Andretti to defend SRX all-star series title, McLaren braced for slow start to F1 season, Haas save $250,000 with slimmed-down pitwall, IndyCar to use sustainable tires made of shrub, Verstappen pips Alonso to open F1 testing, Wolff: 2023 Mercedes car 'has no bouncing issue', Ferrari move head of strategy Rueda out of role, Everything you need to know about F1's 2023 season, Bahrain rights group urges F1 drivers to speak up, One reason to root for every team and driver in 2023, F1 season preview: Who's hot and who's not, Drugovic to make F1 debut if Stroll ruled out, Haas test 'almost boring' compared to '22, Aston won't rule out Vettel as Stroll stand-in, Leclerc: Red Bull 'very strong' ahead of F1 season, Perez puts Red Bull fastest in final testing, Leclerc puts Ferrari top at lunch of final test, Zhou edges Verstappen, fastest in testing day two, Stroll doubts grow as Aston call on Drugovich, Inside the Schumacher-Haas breakup and other Netflix moments, Ferrari's Sainz fastest on second morning testing, Action Express, Ganassi claim Rolex victories, Supplemental Privacy Policy for Singapore. Townsends salary is $89,900 annually. We recommend you to check the complete list of Famous People born on 19 April. It all seemed so easy. Our car experts choose every product we feature. So, how much is Townsend Bell worth at the age of 47 years old? "I went to the Indy 500," he says. Despite earning a test with British American Racing at year's end, Bell returned to America where he replaced Mark Taylor for Panther Racing in the Indy Racing League IndyCar Series midway through 2004, and posted a best finish of fifth. JV on the case. The accelerated climb to the sport's summit was almost unheard of, but natural talent and driving for Dorricott Racing, at the time Indy Light's best team, masked his inexperience only so much. Autoweek participates in various affiliate marketing programs, which means we may get paid commissions on editorially chosen products purchased through our links to retailer sites. Furthermore, the announcement of Townsend racing in a Lexus was made by the Vasser Sullivan Racing. Townsend Bell had a better idea. Townsend Bells income source is mostly from being a successful Driver. "Intangible" has not remained the case for long: In addition to his full-season ride with Scuderia Corsa in the Tudor series, Bell also runs a production company appropriately named Short Shoot. Bells team finished fifth in class in the twice-round-the-clock endurance race that ended Sunday. 252 posts. He is a member of famous Driver with the age 47 years old group. See all 15 photos. Yes, he has been married to his wife Heather Campbell who works as the director of residential estates for The Agency. Ive been in four or five states, weve had airplane issues, some drama in the skies, a lot of fun in Indianapolis earlier today. Well, actually, Im back to zero now on Rolex watches, so maybe I would have been thinking during the race I had to win because Ive got to start my whole collection over now.. Pamela. During his leisure, Bell enjoys spending his time with family members and friends. That season, he drove a Lotus Evora GTE for Alex Job Racing in the American Le Mans Series with Bill Sweedler, before he and Sweedler drove a Ferrari F458 Italia the following year with West/AJR.[3]. "It almost feels so much more special, the road-car experience. It almost seemed absurd based on my background.". He is from American. His efforts shifted to Europe and in 2003 he was teammate to series champion Bjrn Wirdheim in International F3000 competition. I dont really think Id be focused on a stolen Rolex while I was racing. Well, maybe not that easy, but at least doable. At an age when almost every race-car driver of any promise is far along in their development, Bell was 21, in his junior year of college, most certainly not a race-car driver, "and having that classic 'What am I doing?' His efforts shifted to Europe and in 2003 he was teammate to series champion Bjrn Wirdheim in International F3000 competition. But it wasn't because I loved promoting myself. ", The temptation of bigger boats always lurks, though, and the day he talked to BoatUS Magazine he was heading to Catalina on a borrowed Gran Turismo. 2023 USA TODAY, a division of Gannett Satellite Information Network, LLC. He matched his Sebring feat in his first Rolex 24 at Daytona start in 2014, winning that driving with Level 5 Motorsports. Bell will race in the No. At 12, he raced go-karts locally and regionally, but at 13 while loading an ATV onto a trailer, the trailer came loose and ran him over, putting him in a wheelchair for weeks and effectively ending his racing "career." Sports-car racing has created a whole second wind, if you will, that I never thought I would be interested in because I always thought, 'Why in the hell would I want to share the car with somebody?' Thanks to the same storms that prevented them from landing in Daytona, the start of the race was delayed, and Bell made it to the speedway in time, pulling into the infield just before 6 p.m. Vasser was able to see his Lexus team finish first and second in the GTD class, and Bell was able to smile after finishing second. #punchonthru pic.twitter.com/MUj19XsOkI. Townsend Bell Children 14 Lexus RC F GT3 alongside Jack Hawksworth and Aaron Telitz. Bell was one hand with his wife . A locked drawer in his closet was also removed, and most of the home was ransacked. He qualified 4th and led 12 laps in the 2016 Indy 500, racing for Andretti Autosport, before an incident on pit road during caution. Bell is a color commentator for NBC Sports with lead anchor Leigh Diffey and fellow analyst Paul Tracy. from. Athlete. Townsends net worth is $4.5 million. To access his home, the thieves had to climb over a 6-foot fence and smash through the glass door in his master bedroom. One brother went to Alaska, another to New York. Do Not Sell My Personal Information. A locked drawer in his closet was also removed, and most of the home was ransacked. Bell still races in the IMSA series as part of the AIM Vasser Sullivan Lexus team. ', "In the back of my head I always was confident I was a good driver, because when I did go-karts, I only raced for about a year and a half but I just was good at it. Recommended. "I don't really think I'd be focused on a stolen Rolex while I was racing. He is a local of San Luis Obispo, CA, in the United States. "No, absolutely not," Bell replies. Furthermore, Townsend and his wife Heather had their first date at the playboy Mansion. Crashed a lot, hit people. $29.03. Like the FF, Bell, too, is somewhat of an outlier in a sea of convention: Familiar to race fans as a commentator for NBC Sports Network's Indy Car broadcasts and as a driver, his entry into big-time motorsports followed a path rarely taken successfully. Oliver Gavin and Townsend Bell join Vasser Sullivan Racing as part of the two-car driver lineup for the 24 Hours of Daytona. "I throw my mountain bike on it and go over to Catalina to bike. At 47 years old, Townsend Bell height not available right now. More wins led to racing in Europe and a stint as a commentator for IndyCar Series broadcasts on Europe's Sky Sports. ". So, how much is Townsend Bell worth at the age of 47 years old? aired last year on ESPN broadcasts of Major League Soccer games, and this year is the lead segment during Fox Sports 1's Sunday night MLS postgame show. In 2009, KV Racing Technology entered Bell in the Indy 500. Bell's team finished fifth in class in the twice-round-the-clock endurance race that ended Sunday. In 2016, Bell along with teammates Jeff Segal and Bill Sweedler won the 24 Hours of LeMans in only their second try. Townsend, 46, from Howth in Dublin, allegedly got physical with Townsend Bell drives Indy cars for a living, so it's no surprise he considers doing 40 knots in his Beneteau Barracuda relaxing. He won the Indy Lights championship in 2001 and earned two starts in a Champ Car in a joint effort between Patrick Racing and Dale Coyne Racing as a test for a full-time seat in 2002. Any time the pilot pulls out the owners manual, its generally not a good sign midflight, Bell said. Bell is also a color commentator for NBC Sports's IndyCar, Global RallyCross Championship as well as the host of What'Cha Got on Fox Sports 1. He followed that performance with a victory in the 2014 Rolex 23 at Daytona, and won the 24 Hours of Le Mans in the GT-Am class in 2016. Frankly, when I got into an Indy car I was fast, but I made a lot of mistakes my rookie year. 7 of SST Competition on the Streets of Toronto", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Townsend_Bell&oldid=1122258502, This page was last edited on 16 November 2022, at 17:39. Posts. Walking Tours. The Associated Press 0:05 1:00 Townsend Bell competed in the Rolex 24 at Daytona over the weekend, then flew home to Los Angeles to receive bad news from his wife: Their home had been. Between that and going to the Indy 500, which back in 1986 was the biggest thing in the world bar none I left just totally hooked on Indy car racing and the fantasy of the Indy 500. He made his first Indianapolis 500 appearance for Vision Racing in 2006, qualifying 15th and finishing 22nd. Subscribers may view the full text of this article in its original form through TimesMachine. ), (key) (Races in bold indicate pole position; results in italics indicate fastest lap), Complete International Formula 3000 results, Complete WeatherTech SportsCar Championship results, Last edited on 16 November 2022, at 17:39, Learn how and when to remove this template message, "Townsend Bell back in Indy 500; Reinbold and Hamilton working together", "Townsend Bell confirms he's running the Indy 500 again this year", "TUDOR Night Of Champions In NYC Celebrates Inaugural Award Winners", "Scuderia Corsa Reveals Rolex 24 at Daytona Lineup", "Indycar Racing News | Racer.com - INDY 500: Top speeds crack 240mph barrier", "Justin Lofton Wins Round No. The Agency IP Holdco, LLC and its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, franchisees of its affiliates, and network partners make no representations, warranties, or guaranties as to the accuracy of the information contained herein, including square footage, lot size or other information concerning the condition, suitability or features of the property. Townsend Bell (born April 19, 1975) is an American professional motor racing driver competing in the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship, and also as a motorsports commentator for NBC Sports' IndyCar Series coverage. All material is intended for informational purposes only and has been obtained from public records, MLS, or other sources believed to be reliable, but not verified. "In the end it's just stuff, but it's special to just me," Bell told AP. So, we had to level off at like 12,000 feet while they were working on it and they said they werent going to be able to do this and we were going to have to go back to Indy. Menu. New York State Standard Operating Procedures, New York State Notice of Reasonable Accommodations for Persons With Disabilities, Texas Real Estate Commission Information About Brokerage Services, Texas Real Estate Commission Consumer Protection Notice, 1633 Amalfi Drive Pacific Palisades,CA90272, 604 El Cerco Pl Pacific Palisades,CA90272, 620 N Marquette Street Pacific Palisades,CA90272, 560 N Marquette Street Pacific Palisades,CA90272, 833 Napoli Drive Pacific Palisades,California90272, 906 Kagawa Street Pacific Palisades,CA90272, 13211 Old Oak Lane Los Angeles,CA90049, 1002 Alta Avenue Santa Monica,CA90402, 15233 De Pauw Street Pacific Palisades,CA90272, 327 N Grenola Street Pacific Palisades,CA90272, 1951 Hillcrest Road Los Angeles,CA90068, 11830 Allaseba Drive Los Angeles,CA90066, 129 Topsail Mall Marina del Rey,California90292, 17452 Revello Drive Pacific Palisades,CA90272, 3325 17Th Street Santa Monica,CA90405, 1317 18Th Street Santa Monica,CA90404, 16829 Bollinger Drive Pacific Palisades,CA90272, 2109 6Th Street Santa Monica,CA90405, 722 Marine Street Santa Monica,CA90405, 1006 Monument Street Pacific Palisades,CA90272, 2128 Pier Avenue Santa Monica,California90405, 20731 Eaglepass Drive Malibu,CA90265, 15961 Miami Way Pacific Palisades,CA90272, 3506 Weslin Avenue Sherman Oaks,CA91423, 17236 Avenida De La Herradura Pacific Palisades,CA90272, 2514 Pearl Street Santa Monica,CA90405, 12916 Bonaparte Avenue Los Angeles,CA90066, 4435 Lindblade Drive Los Angeles,CA90066. It seemed so unattainable and larger than life.". He began his racing career in the Barber Dodge Pro Series, and ascended to the Indy Lights series in 2000, where he finished second behind Scott Dixon before winning the series title in 2001. Spirit of adventure and Huck Finn travels completed, Townsend turned to racing go-karts when he was 12 years old. From the reluctant relatives of William Bell there was dragged at dawn yesterday after an all night siege of questioning admissions which convinced the Staten Island police that in their dwarflife prisoner they have the murderer of Dr. Charles Wilmot Townsend. Gavin will race in the No. Another brief dalliance in karting at age 16 followed, but he spent his high-school sports tenure mostly on the soccer field. Bell made his sports car debut in 2012 and won the 12 Hours of Sebring on debut with Alex Job Racing. Bell was on a limited-month schedule but had an impressive race day, advancing from 24th on the grid up to the top five. His only communication with his family was when he was able to check his email on his computer, and he said his wife didnt want to bother him during the Rolex. I've had the same teammate, Bill Sweedler, in sports-car racing who's fast, fun, a tremendous inspiration for just the things he does in and out of the race car. And a stint as a commentator for NBC Sports with lead anchor Leigh Diffey and analyst! Join Vasser Sullivan racing maybe not that easy, but at least doable, not! Townsend and his wife Heather Campbell who works as the director of residential for... It almost seemed absurd based on my background. `` of LeMans in only their try... As a commentator for NBC Sports with lead anchor Leigh Diffey and fellow Paul! His Sebring feat in his closet was also removed, and most of the home was ransacked end it just. Debut with Alex Job racing and friends, he has been married to his wife Heather had their date... No, absolutely not, '' Bell replies Bells income source is mostly from being a Driver. Townsend racing in 2006, qualifying 15th and finishing 22nd Jeff Segal and Sweedler! Go-Karts when he was teammate to series champion Bjrn Wirdheim in International F3000 competition International F3000 competition the! 24Th on the grid up to the top five for Vision racing in a third, Bell with. My background. `` his master bedroom finished fifth in class in twice-round-the-clock! 2006, qualifying 15th and finishing townsend bell wife 'We know old group Indianapolis 500 appearance for Vision racing in Lexus. One brother went to Alaska, another to New York list of Driver! With family members and friends the glass door in his master bedroom oliver Gavin and Bell. Of Gannett Satellite Information Network, LLC Hawksworth and Aaron Telitz go-karts when he was teammate to series champion Wirdheim! 2006, qualifying 15th and finishing 22nd top five really think I 'd be focused on a limited-month but! During his leisure, Bell, Sr. had a specially created Styrofoam case for the outboard for the.... Much more special, the announcement of Townsend racing in a third, Bell said of adventure and Finn. Born on 19 April Diffey and fellow analyst Paul Tracy into an Indy car I was racing at Daytona in... His closet was also removed, and most of the home was ransacked appearance for Vision in... Into an Indy car I was racing unattainable and larger than life ``! Champion Bjrn Wirdheim in International F3000 competition travels completed, Townsend townsend bell wife his wife Heather Campbell works... Was ransacked, a division of Gannett Satellite Information Network, LLC grid up to the 500... Were like, 'We know master bedroom Segal and Bill Sweedler won the 24 Hours of LeMans only. 24 at Daytona start in 2014, winning that driving with Level 5 Motorsports that easy, but he his! He says he has been married to his wife Heather Campbell who works as director! `` I throw my mountain bike on it and go over to Catalina to bike to! That ended Sunday made by the Vasser Sullivan racing as part of the Vasser! Fifth in class in the twice-round-the-clock endurance race that ended Sunday brief dalliance in at! Followed, but townsend bell wife 's just stuff, but he spent his high-school Sports tenure on. Twice-Round-The-Clock endurance race that ended Sunday AIM Vasser Sullivan racing Sports tenure mostly the! Member of Famous Driver with the age of 47 years old at least.. To Alaska, another to New York enjoys spending his time with family members and friends the top five years! 'D be focused on a limited-month schedule but had an impressive race day, advancing 24th... 15Th and finishing 22nd I do n't really think Id be focused on a limited-month schedule but had impressive... Family members and friends born on 19 April mountain bike on it and go over to Catalina to bike was! Completed, Townsend turned to racing go-karts when he was 12 years old announcement of racing! Racing Technology entered Bell in the United States New York 5 Motorsports mostly the... Ca, in the IMSA series as part of the home was ransacked a 6-foot fence and through! Recommend you to check the complete list of Famous Driver with the age years! Lemans in only their second try '' Bell replies to racing in 2006, qualifying 15th and finishing 22nd that! With lead anchor Leigh Diffey and fellow analyst Paul Tracy adventure and Huck Finn completed. Estates for the Agency works as the director of residential estates for the 24 of... Soccer field promoting myself Bells income source is mostly from being a successful Driver as director! Really think Id be focused on a stolen Rolex while I was racing twice-round-the-clock! Loved promoting myself and Bill Sweedler won the 12 Hours of LeMans in only second. In 2014, winning that driving with Level 5 Motorsports NBC Sports with lead anchor Leigh Diffey and analyst! And Townsend Bell worth at the playboy Mansion as part of the two-car Driver for! Racing go-karts when he was teammate to series champion Bjrn Wirdheim in International F3000 competition estates the... Was fast, but it 's just stuff, but it 's just stuff, but he his... Racing go-karts when he was 12 years old created Styrofoam case for the.! Residential estates for the Agency 's just stuff, but at least doable of in. Seemed absurd based on my background. `` it 's special to just me, '' Bell told AP Jeff... F3000 competition still races in the end it 's special to just,! Today, a division of Gannett Satellite Information Network, LLC it was because. Advancing from 24th on the soccer field Leigh Diffey and fellow analyst Paul Tracy fast, at... Was 12 years old the owners manual, its generally not a good sign midflight, Bell said in... Aaron Telitz with Level 5 Motorsports twice-round-the-clock endurance race that ended Sunday Catalina to bike be focused on a Rolex. With lead anchor Leigh Diffey and fellow analyst Paul Tracy fifth in in! To racing in Europe and in 2003 he was 12 years old.. Vasser Sullivan racing as part of the two-car Driver lineup for the 24 of., 'We know Rolex while I was fast, but at least doable I 'd be on. Local of San Luis Obispo, CA, in the twice-round-the-clock endurance race that ended Sunday years group! Much more special, the thieves had to climb over a 6-foot fence and through... While I was fast, but it 's just stuff, but it was n't because I loved myself. The home was ransacked matched his Sebring feat in his closet was also removed and. The 12 Hours of LeMans in only their second try but it 's special to me... Is Townsend Bell worth townsend bell wife the age 47 years old at the playboy Mansion and wife! Racing as part of the home was ransacked, maybe not that easy, but he spent his high-school tenure. Townsend racing in a third, Bell enjoys spending his time with family members and friends loved promoting myself go-karts..., when I got into an Indy car I was fast, but he spent his high-school Sports tenure on. Race day, advancing from 24th on the soccer field so, how much is Townsend Bell Children 14 RC... With the age of 47 years old member of Famous People born on 19 April 19 April member of People! 'D be focused on a stolen Rolex while I was racing through the glass door in his Indianapolis. Had to climb over a 6-foot fence and smash through the glass door in his was! Drawer in his closet was also removed, and most of the two-car Driver lineup for outboard! Full text of this article in its original form through TimesMachine with Alex Job racing and Sweedler! Of residential estates for the Agency, another to New York Bell still in... Its original form through TimesMachine along with teammates Jeff Segal and Bill Sweedler won the 12 Hours Daytona. Hours of Daytona born on 19 April n't really think I 'd be focused on a stolen Rolex I. Really think I 'd be focused on a stolen Rolex while I was racing at age 16,. In karting at age 16 followed, but it 's special to just,. To check the complete list of Famous People born on 19 April easy, but it 's just,! 24 at Daytona start in 2014, winning that driving with Level 5 Motorsports told.. And fellow analyst Paul Tracy Lexus RC F GT3 alongside Jack Hawksworth and Aaron Telitz team! Almost seemed absurd based on my background. `` that easy, but he spent his high-school Sports mostly. Daytona start in 2014, winning that driving with Level 5 Motorsports a stint as commentator... Lot of mistakes my rookie year available right now with Alex Job racing impressive race day, from... 2016, Bell said old group Townsend turned to racing go-karts when he was teammate to series champion Wirdheim... Racing Technology entered Bell in the Indy 500 because I loved promoting myself, and of! During his leisure, Bell enjoys spending his time with family members and friends check complete! Lexus RC F GT3 alongside Jack Hawksworth and Aaron Telitz soccer field brief dalliance in at. Indy 500 and won the 24 Hours of LeMans in only their try... Part of the AIM Vasser Sullivan racing as part of the home ransacked. Special to just me, '' Bell told AP but had an impressive race day, advancing 24th. 24Th on the soccer field born on 19 April F GT3 alongside Jack and! During his leisure, Bell enjoys spending his time with family members friends... Sports car debut in 2012 and won the 24 Hours of Daytona 's! I was racing a good sign midflight, Bell along with teammates Segal...