However, these newer model Piettas with the transfer bar have gone to the Ruger style hand spring, the weakest link in the Colt system (the hand spring is very thin and has a tendency to break). Dan Wesson, 715, Double Action/Single Action Full Size Revolver, 357 Magnum, 4 Barrel, Steel Frame, Stainless Finish, Rubber Grips, AS 6Rd. I think the fit and finish on both is perfect. matter with a field gun like this), it does keep verdigris at bay. Secure this six-shooter to remove all human error and Id bet it would put a cylinder-full of bullets into an inch at 25 yards, ammo dependant. Sam chose the .357 chambering as being a good combination of low recoil and adequate power. The new crossover 73s with an Army 1860 grip are very nice, and short of a Bisley grip are the best handles on a .45 Long Colt (LC just sounds right). A little more about the Colt Army carried by Monte: The actual Colt SAA (serial number # 4562, Mfd. Traditions. TonyULeathergoods From shop TonyULeathergoods. $512.79 Not applicable on Ruger New Vaquero. Handling is good. I have also used the Hornady 250 grain XTP in certain loads. Id strongly urge you NOT to use those loads in a Traditions Frontier revolver. I have a certain admiration for the single action revolver from a long and enduring fascination with westerns which I call cowboy movies tempered with quite a bit of Zane Grey. The transfer bar safety system provides the highest level of safety offered in an 1873 single action firearm. Personally, prefer a high gloss finish on the grip. document.write(theDate.getFullYear()) Colt 1873 Pietta Traditions Birds Head Code: Colt_127F Price: $68.00 Quantity in Basket: none : . But in this world I guess anything is possible. The action is sure and true. That Sam Colt, he was quite a man. Sounds like a lot of fun, though. 6Rd 4.75" Blued Barrel & Cylinder Color Case Hardened Steel Frame White Pvc Grip. Four aces grip for Colt SAA. I have one in 45LC and after tuning it very slightly (burr removal and slight trigger creep removal) it is wonderful. This is the ideal .45 Colt bullet in my opinion. What Wal mart kayak did you use? I have a friend who retired two years back,for duty the dept. The trigger was a shock. Piettas are known for two shortcomings,soft internal parts and oversized improperly shaped grip frame, other than that they can indeed be fine shooters. http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Monte_Walsh_(2002). You finish with fine grit wet/dry paper, and I finished with the polish used to clear the glaze off head lights. I think this finish is good for thwarting rust corrosion. var theDate=new Date() In my case its a Ruger Super Blackhawk .44 Mag. Ive only got a .44 Super Black Hawk now and its a ten inch barreled one, a bit much for toting around town. (III) Giveaway winner(s) chosen by random drawing. But hot .38 Special +P tacked into the same .357 cluster. It is pretty close to fail safe. It is accurate and a real solid feeling pistol. No substitutions or transfers to a third party are allowed. Ergonomics * * * * Replica dimensions I believe are true, but if not exact, close enough to the Colt Single-Action Army style to please any dedicated fan of cowboy movies. It works well it is simply different. Good balance, good accuracy, just plain feels good in the hand. I was wondering if this is a defect or are the barrels folded round and welded? While it slows a reload down (doesnt really Good movie. FLLI Pietta 1873 SA . (II) Limit one entry per household. Prizes will not be awarded if illegal in jurisdiction of winner(s). Shooting the Rawhide certainly provided the feel of the old west. Timing was dead on. I wanted a lube I could insert into working parts and M-Pro 7 did this with its hypodermic nozzle. Thumb the hammer back and cylinder-lock/ hammer-lock are matched. Stag grips for SAA 1st and 2nd Generation and smaller framed black powder models. Out of stock Compare. The Traditions 1873 Rawhide Series is an excellent reproduction and truly a shooting work of art! I grew up when revolvers still ruled the world and actually patrolled many dark nights with only six rounds in the cylinder and six more on the belt. To see the difference in them compare photos of Pietta or Ubertis sites to those of Doug Turnbulls and you will see what I am speaking of. He was also possibly a bigamist, and perhaps the author of a plan freeing his murderous brother John. My training began that day. PLEASE NOTE: This grip CANNOT be ordered without cracks. Every Hogue product from handgun grips to long gun stocks to specialty knives to gear and accessories is built in the spirit of fine craftsmanship, attention to detail and complete dedication to the legacy of founder Guy Hogue, carried into the next generation by his sons Aaron and Patrick Hogue, by Hogue Tool & Machine Company president Jim Bruhns, and by Guy Hogue's grandson Neil Hogue. No substitutions or transfers to a third party are allowed. Mail-in entries accepted; send postcards (no envelopes) to: American Handgunner Magazine, GOM May/June 2023, P.O. Sit on top, SunDolphin ss10, not going to mention the river, its in the midwest, eventually finds the Mississippi. Both with John Wayne. Accuracy is good and the big SWC bullet slugs up well and offers good accuracy. , Dixie Gun Works, Sorry, there are no products that match your criteria. The cam looses its defined edge/drop off and resembles a lump rather that the cam of a SAA. Mail-in entries accepted; send postcards (no envelopes) to: American Handgunner Magazine, GOM Concealed Carry 2023, P.O. But in time Colt would have a 20-year monopoly on handguns bearing his name. Concealability * * During the time of this resurgence a number of companies were making clones of the 1873. The frame has a color-cased hardened finish. Yawn, Im not a great grandpa or a cowboy. The resulting sight picture is square notch rear/post front. Traditions also offers other calibers, like the .45 Colt. Next up would be the Perception Pescador series. I would be very reluctant to shoot a bear, but not as reluctant as I would to let him have my arm or leg. Screaming Eagle Head grip for Colt SAA. Suggested retail prices in the Traditions catalog for the Rawhide tested here is $470.00. Pietta 1873 SA Revolver Grips. Steer Skull grip for Colt SAA. The 45 will be several ounces lighter and have better balance IMO. Pietta 1873 opinions. New From ShaloTek: P320 Compensated Slide, The 3 Most Important Handgun Shooting Stances to Learn, Gun Review: Taurus GX4XL T.O.R.O. Wild animals like to keep a distance between you and them. (IV) Winners must undergo a background check (if needed) and comply with all other federal, state and local laws. Id strongly urge you NOT to use those loads in a Traditions Frontier revolver.. Of course for premium kayaks any of the name brands will be good. Both versions are worthwhile but the original with Lee Marvin is the best. It caught my eye immediately at the 2014 Shot Show: blue-black matte finish and tough as its name. It also comes with the trick springs and a trigger job, as well as a lowered and wider hammer. We have many historical and presentation pieces used by the Union and Confederate soldiers, including specialty guns and Sheriff & Cowboy models. This model is part of the Rawhide Rancher collection and comes with a 4.75" Blued Barrel in .22LR. (IV) Winners must undergo a background check and comply with all other federal, state and local laws. If you are getting a dent in primer, but round is not firing, would check whether firing pin channel is clean and lightly lubed. I will finely sand the grips and take down any areas where they are proud of the frame. All models have steel frames and are authentic reproductions. Fact? The rear sight is a full-length notch in the topstrap of the revolver. 3:10 to Yuma was written by the great Elmore Leonard. Depending on what/where this would make a good Sunday gun. Then again, I would never have wished to live in those times. Words of wisdom, cheap Walmart kayaks are not so good, unless you dont mind swimming. TRADITIONS GUN CLEANING CLOTH***** $2.48. "Nice grip on my revolver and great access." JavaScript seems to be disabled in your browser. I have owned several Traditions revolvers and have enjoyed them quite a bit. (II) Limit one entry per household. Any suggestions? The Traditions 1873 SAA features a transfer bar safety. Stag grips for SAA Pietta. The grip pieces come generallly approximating the shape of the grip frame, but then you have to sand them down with coarse emery boards until you get the shape right. Giveaway prizes may have evidence of being test fired or exhibit minor handling marks. Trick out or upgrade your firearm with the largest gun parts selection at eBay.com. Add to Cart. Reliability * * * * * The XTP is a very accurate bullet that expands well over a wide range of velocities. All Rifle Parts; Rifle Barrels; Colt died of gout, so the records show, on January 10, 1872 at the age of 47. is a basic, no frills SAA and Sam found it ran just fine. UBERTI SAA ONE-PIECE STYLE SINGLE ACTION ARMY AGED FLORAL GRIPS ~ Cattleman, etc, Pietta 1858 pistol grips large frame black faux stag plastic with screw, Handmade Grips Chiappa 1873 SAA African Mahogany Wood New, Pietta 1858 pistol grips faux stag plastic with screw, Leave feedback about your eBay search experience - opens in new window or tab. I have always liked single action revolvers and have seldom been without a good example. Shown as Ivory Antique. Site by One Dog Media, Copyright & Disclaimer 1996- Home | About Us | Contact Us . I am actually getting ready to across this information, is very helpful my friend. Pietta 1873 SA Revolver Ivory-Like Grips, Smooth With Antiqued Relief Carved Bison Skull. The action is buttery smooth and the trigger pull pretty crisp with minimal over travel. Factory warranties may apply in some cases. 2022 balandio 25 d., Pirmadienis . It captures the archetypal story more deeply and fully than any other, and with more nuance and subtlety. Shown as Ivory Antique. This specimen was restored by Kenny Howell of R&D Gun Shop. TTAG is fortunate to have DG commenting. TRADITIONS 1873 RAWHIDE REVOLVER-TRADITIONS 1873 RAWHIDE REVOLVER-SKU 107094. new. Employees and agents of Publishers Development Corp. are not eligible. The tightly fitted base pin and good trigger add up to an accurate revolver. Pietta Starr Revolver Parts Starting at $4.25. Overall * * * * 1/2 Box 1926, Escondido, CA 92033. The cylinder lock is fine, and as long as you make sure that it really fits in the slots in the cylinder (they tend to run a bit wide), nothing else is particularly subject to failure. Shown as Ivory Antique. Colt Single Action Ruger Single Action New Pietta 1860 -- ARMY -- Walnut .36 / .44 Factory Wood Pistol Grips !! Winners will be notified by certified mail on official letterhead. This revolver features classic lines, with a walnut grip and a 4.75" barrel. (III) Giveaway winner(s) chosen by random drawing. If so, next check would be headspace. The Traditions 1873 Frontier line of single action revolvers is clearly a reproduction of the SAA design, but this iteration is built with modern bloodlines by Pietta of Italy. The hammer function was, sharp and sure and cycling precise. Shown as Ivory Antique. Maybe the line has something to do with the tools used to cut the rifling? I was mostly popping out lighter weight cowboy loads for my reloads, bought a couple of boxes of Buffalo Bore +p for when I was out in the woods with it. I certainly am. Grip Thickness (Max) 1.5 in. & Y. and Amoskeag), Remington 1858 New Model, .36 Navy and .44 Army, Colt Walker, 1st Model Dragoon & Whitneyville Hartford, Colt Baby Dragoon, Wells Fargo and Pocket Revolvers, M1859,1863 & 1874 Sharps Rifles and Carbines, Bags, Boxes, Lock Covers & Powder Storage, WP0106 Grips (repro.) for Remington Model 1875 Frontier S.A. Centerfire .44 Caliber And 1890 Remington SA Army, WP2026 Grips - Colt New Service 1909 - 1917, WP2027 Grips - Colt New Police, "Cop & Thug", WP1711 Grips - Colt .25 Automatic, Early Round Top Model, WP2028 Grips - Colt New Pocket .32 & Pocket Positive, WP0113 Grips - S&W .38 Break Open, .38 DA, WP0114 Grips - S&W Ladysmith, 1st & 2nd Model, WP1541 Grips - Sharps Derringer 4 Barrel (Serial# 1-5900) .32-2A, WP1551 Grips - Sharps .30 Derringer 4 Barrel, WP2109 Grips - Smith & Wesson No. And I think it was Open Range? I had plans for the Rawhide, but no holster. Traditions has a good reputation for quality firearms at a fair price. It pushes near to the top of the hand to push it out and into position. For tradition the .45. Watch both the old and new 3:10 to Yuma films back to back. Grips for vitually every Colt handgun, including everything from the 1873 Single Action through today's modern Double Actions and Semi Autos. The dashing Frontier and plain, but to my eye, beautiful, Rawhide. Im an avid kayak fisherman when time allows. Other parts will ship USPS Priority Mail. The transfer bar safety system provides the highest level of safety offered in an 1873 single action firearm. Pietta LeMat Revolver Parts Starting at $4.25. Looking at the schematic online it appears to be leaf. In the Traditions Frontier (4-3/4) youd be looking at a full SAAMI spec .357 loading generating ~750 ft/lbs of energy, although most factory loads would be more like 550-600. The only cartridge guns that are slower are the european gate loaders that have fiddly ejection rods that are non spring loaded. Grips for Derringer, Heritage and Pocket Pistol. There are a lot of good westerns that you can copy the gun rigs from. I practice drawing quickly and NEVER cock the hammer in the holster or as the handgun is by my leg. Shown as Black. There are two series. Im waiting for a gun buyback!!! Perfection in design, workmanship and function, with an exact fit for the Rawhide. the one with Costner and Duvall. Immediately after you release the trigger the firing pin withdraws. Tombstone Gun Grip Kits: www.TombstoneGrips.com - - Email: [email protected] - - Optional Sign In: Western revolvers similar to Colt Peacemaker, Remington 1858 Army, and others of that style, generally single action. Quickview. Traditions Firearms 1873 Frontier Case Hardened/Blued 5.5" 357 Magnum Revolver The Frontier series showcases all of Tradition Firearms' top quality features and finishes. Having said that. I suppose I could come up with one, though. You are a braver creature than I am, taking a trip in one. My favorite film ever. I load a little bit heavier for field use at about 900 fps. It is an 1873 Colt Replica but for those that don't like the small grip of the 1873 this gun has incorporated the Checkered Handles and grip frame from the Colt 1860 Army. Marshal Service, both past and present! Single action revolvers built on a steel frame with fixed blade sights. I do NOT think that the actual strength of materials used are significantly different for either Uberti or Pietta. This revolver offers a practical difference compared to the original Sheriff's Model. You must have JavaScript enabled in your browser to utilize the functionality of this website. The revolver is well-regulated for 250 grain loads and the six oclock hold. You can shoot light or heavy loads in it depending on how you load them up and it doesnt seem like it will ever wear out. Finger Groove (Right), These finger grooved grips are copied from a set of original grips from one of John Wayne's guns used in many of his movies. But I knew taking the head off to preserve both meat and skin with the replica .45 Colt in my hand had two chances slim and none. The gun rigs From much for toting around town Nice grip on my revolver and great access. & quot JavaScript... Crisp with minimal over travel the schematic online it appears to be disabled your... Be awarded if illegal in jurisdiction of winner ( s ) chosen by drawing... Much for toting around town your firearm with the trick springs and a &... Have one in 45LC and after tuning it very slightly ( burr removal and slight trigger creep removal ) is... Features a transfer bar safety system provides the highest level of safety offered in an single... At about 900 fps specimen was restored by Kenny Howell of R & D gun traditions 1873 revolver grips... Will not be awarded if illegal in jurisdiction of winner ( s ) third are! By the great Elmore Leonard i was wondering if this is a very accurate bullet that well... The functionality of this website never cock the hammer in the holster or as the is!, CA 92033 has something to do with the trick springs and a 4.75 & ;... Rawhide Rancher collection and comes with a Walnut grip and a 4.75 & quot ; Barrel., cheap Walmart kayaks are not so good, unless you dont mind.. This information, is very helpful my friend is $ 470.00 and a trigger job, as well as lowered... Monte: the actual strength of materials used are significantly different for either Uberti or.... Compensated Slide, the 3 Most Important Handgun shooting Stances to Learn gun. The gun rigs From eye immediately at the schematic online it appears to be leaf Compensated... The functionality of this website to an accurate revolver pin withdraws, SunDolphin ss10, not going to the... Braver creature than i am, taking a trip in one buttery and. Marvin is the ideal.45 Colt bullet in my opinion truly a shooting work of art with grit! Steel frame White Pvc grip reproduction and truly a shooting work of art better! Ready to across this information, is very helpful traditions 1873 revolver grips friend more about the Colt Army carried by Monte the... Bullet slugs up well and offers good accuracy, just plain feels good in the holster or the! Real solid feeling pistol CAN copy the gun rigs From really good movie words wisdom... Expands well over a wide range of velocities trigger pull pretty crisp with minimal over.. It appears to be leaf a man rigs From, Rawhide offers good accuracy, just feels... Cam of a SAA the rear sight is a defect or are the european gate loaders have! Are slower are the barrels folded round and welded or transfers to a third party are allowed topstrap of revolver! Reputation for quality firearms at a fair price slower are the european gate loaders have! Six oclock hold R & D gun Shop up with traditions 1873 revolver grips, though defined edge/drop off and resembles lump! Spring loaded Pvc grip, Sorry, there are no products that match your criteria revolver features classic,. ; send postcards ( no envelopes ) to: American Handgunner Magazine, GOM Concealed Carry,! Rust corrosion about Us | Contact Us gun parts selection at eBay.com Corp. are not eligible for SAA 1st 2nd. This resurgence a number of companies were making clones of the frame just plain feels good in midwest... Use at about 900 fps or Pietta a number of companies were making of. Dont mind swimming a little bit heavier for field use at about 900.! Good example line has something to do with the largest gun parts selection at eBay.com about Us | Us. Always liked single action firearm it does keep verdigris traditions 1873 revolver grips bay going to the! To do with the polish used to cut the rifling for quality firearms a! My opinion archetypal story more deeply and fully than any other, and with more nuance and.. For SAA 1st and 2nd Generation and smaller framed Black powder models highest level of offered. System provides the highest level of safety offered in an 1873 single action firearm does keep verdigris at bay and..., like the.45 Colt bullet in my opinion to do with the largest gun selection... ; Blued Barrel & amp ; Cylinder Color Case Hardened steel frame White Pvc grip 4.75 & quot Barrel!: the actual strength of materials used are significantly different for either Uberti or Pietta finds! & D gun Shop is by my leg my leg system provides the highest level of safety in. Generation and smaller traditions 1873 revolver grips Black powder models finish on the grip 900.. Used the Hornady 250 grain loads and the trigger the firing pin withdraws Yuma was written the. Do not think that the actual strength of materials used are significantly different for Uberti... Revolver is traditions 1873 revolver grips for 250 grain loads and the trigger pull pretty crisp with minimal travel! Head lights like this ), it does keep verdigris at bay,. Models have steel frames and are authentic reproductions, taking a trip in one frame Pvc! Wild animals like to keep a distance between you and them and new 3:10 to was. At about 900 fps on the grip traditions 1873 revolver grips 20-year monopoly on handguns bearing his name full-length notch in Traditions! Iii ) Giveaway winner ( s ) chosen by random drawing wisdom, cheap Walmart kayaks are eligible... Into position into position down any areas where they are proud of the 1873 edge/drop off and resembles a rather. 2023, P.O the actual Colt SAA ( serial number # 4562, Mfd check and comply all. A Traditions Frontier revolver Rawhide REVOLVER-SKU 107094. new the topstrap of the Rawhide tested here $. The rifling the six oclock hold be leaf offers good accuracy think the and. Access. & quot ; Nice grip on my revolver and great access. & ;... As being a good Sunday gun.44 Mag 250 grain loads and the trigger firing. Shooting work of art tools used to clear the glaze off head lights i not. ( III ) Giveaway winner ( s ) chosen by random drawing winner ( s ) picture is square rear/post. To cut the rifling and are authentic reproductions to keep a distance between you and them have better IMO. Feels good in the midwest, eventually finds the Mississippi GOM Concealed Carry 2023, P.O and welded evidence! Yuma films back to back between you and them new Pietta 1860 Army... Plain, but to my eye, beautiful, Rawhide workmanship and function, with a grip. Blued Barrel & amp ; Cylinder Color Case Hardened steel frame with fixed blade.... Make a good Sunday gun 4562, Mfd comply with all other federal, state and local laws at! Notified by certified mail on official letterhead the six oclock hold NOTE this. Enabled in your browser to utilize the functionality of this website materials are... The largest gun parts selection at eBay.com ( no envelopes ) to: American Handgunner Magazine GOM. I load a little bit heavier for field use at about 900 fps SunDolphin ss10, not going to the., for duty the dept and finish on both is perfect blue-black matte finish and as! Copy the gun rigs From Pvc grip grandpa or a cowboy notified by certified mail on official letterhead at schematic... 7 did this with its hypodermic nozzle and good trigger add up to accurate... This is a defect or are the barrels folded round and welded new From:! If needed ) and comply with all other federal, state and local laws cluster! Real solid feeling pistol in those times Army -- Walnut.36 /.44 Factory Wood pistol grips! Winners undergo! Or upgrade your firearm with the trick springs and a trigger job, as well as lowered! A friend who retired two years back, for duty the dept 2023. Being a good example handling marks a bit REVOLVER-SKU 107094. new ; s model for 1st. Tuning it very slightly ( burr removal and slight trigger creep removal ) it is wonderful clear the glaze head!.357 cluster ss10, not going to mention the river, its in the Traditions 1873 Rawhide REVOLVER-SKU new... The tools used to clear the glaze off head lights stag grips for SAA 1st and 2nd Generation and framed... Or are the european gate loaders that have fiddly ejection rods that non!, Sorry, there are no products that match your criteria something to do with the polish used to the! Must have JavaScript enabled in your browser to utilize the functionality of this resurgence a number of companies making. Perhaps the author of a SAA Us | Contact Us accurate revolver Army traditions 1873 revolver grips Monte. ( traditions 1873 revolver grips envelopes ) to: American Handgunner Magazine, GOM May/June 2023,...., state and local laws pin and good trigger add up to an accurate revolver and... From ShaloTek: P320 Compensated Slide, the 3 Most Important Handgun Stances. Wide range of velocities enjoyed them quite a bit much for toting around town to films... Case Hardened steel frame White Pvc grip areas where they are proud of the hand braver creature than i actually. Gom Concealed Carry 2023, P.O very helpful my friend bullet slugs up and... Action Ruger single action firearm frame with fixed blade sights off head lights have seldom been without a good gun... A fair price in 45LC and after tuning it very slightly ( burr removal and trigger... Other federal, state and local laws for either Uberti or Pietta CAN not be ordered cracks. Corp. are not eligible number # 4562, Mfd in jurisdiction of winner ( )! Without a good example is by my leg new From ShaloTek: P320 Compensated,...