Other places I looked at wanted $1000-1200 for a new unconverted Saiga. Shh! I headed out to the range after re-installing everything and took three boxes of shells with me. Im not a big fan of thin pieces of metal jutting out off a firearm, especially near my hand, and especially when Im going to fire slugs through it. The Only Time the tab is visible is when the bolt is locked back. The second one I bought was at issue. You just have to take everything with a grain of salt. Ive never seen that XRAIL system before. I mean, its the truth about how this gun comes from the factory, but its not the truth about how great this gun can be with 5 minutes of time in my mechanically inclined hands. I've been running low brass with no problems (of course I did swap the trigger because the factory one was unreliable for me and I also polished the bolt face and the hammer), just stay within these ammo specs: http://doitdarith.com/temp/vepr12/wolfammo12gaugevepr12.html. Photo by Jeff Jones. It kicks like a freaking mule on steroids, but certainly does what it is supposed to. Then I looked at my ugly but 100% reliable $200 Mossberg 500 with 8 rounds and a wood stock. Yes we had some problems at first but it wasn't. Take advantage of our guide rod install service, available here: Recoil Guide Rod Assembly VEPR-12 Dissident Arms, http://dissidentarms.com/index.php/product/15-wolff-recoil-spring/, http://dissidentarms.com/index.php/product/da-recoil-rod-installation/. They just arent as durable as people would like others to think. I was looking for a buttstock for my Vepr 12 Molot. A notch on the operating rod allows the user to hook the piston and pull it out to the rear for cleaning.[3]. Pretty much a must have. [Get your minds out of the gutter], Theres an issue with aiming this gun, thanks to the parallax resulting from the sights being an inch above the top of the barrel. ak47-for-sale Fortunately for them they took off before I got downstairs. Overall the VEPR-12 is a dramatic improvement over the Saiga. With its fixed open port gas system, the Vepr-12 can effectively cycle a multitude of 12-gauge loads, making it a highly versatile semi-automatic shotgun. I would do it again and again for the results that I got. I find the Vepr 12 section and start a new thread. Ive gone up and down and read all these idiotic comments on how the muzzle brake wont do anythingmy god, people on here are retards. Okay, in the first picture, it says 1276 on the receiver. The VPO-206 series is chambered for 12 Gauge [18.5x70mmR] shells. Unlike the IZ-109 manually adjustable gas regulator system used on the Saiga-12, the gas system on the Vepr-12 is a clone of the IZ-433 unregulated fixed open port tappet system, allowing the Vepr-12 to cycle most commercially available 12-gauge loads, from 3.25 dram equivalent and up, without risking damage to the shotgun and without requiring any manual adjustment by the user. Shame on you. As a side note, I did use it to shoot a can of Mt. Sometimes price is included in the ratings, and usually it is in the discussion. Threaded barrel should not be an AWB problem for a shotgun as it is not on the shotgun evil feature list. Upload or insert images from URL. One thing I noticed that was left out of the review that is worth mentioning. Then take out the two screws that hold down the tang. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. I couldnt tell you on the overpenetraion aspect, as most of their buckshot is the same across the board. After a detailed search ive found this option from Israeli company Fab-Defence: http://www.idf-tactical.com/Buttstocks/ShotgunsStocks/M4-VEPR-FKSB. The problems I've seen with the VEPR 12 models is that some have either undersized gas ports (undergassed) or the extractors are not correct. Good tip menace! It works well for things like skeet and hunting, but when you get into tactical uses or competition shooting the game becomes a test of who can stuff rounds in their gun faster. By got question how many atf going strp down one these just see ifi it complinant. If you want a flimsy plastic lightweight mag, the AR-15 awaits. Watch the video and notice how the bolt carrier bounces off the receiver when it slams home. Its much more convenient and a lot quicker to reload. Sold it when I was stationed in California because the AK platform is per se illegal in the state and I play by the rules. The vast majority of VEPR12 shotguns work fine, it's just a couple percent which have been reported to be having these issues. You can post now and register later. As a practical matter, 922r compliance is something the feds care a lot about IF you are a large scale manufacturer, but not if you are the end user. So I suppose you ran your 3 gun AR bone stock with zero modifications then. I keep my mini-Vulcan leaning on the wall next to my bed with two belt filled cans. This review almost had me until two things happened. Learn how your comment data is processed. I hope that some of this information will help those of you out there who are having problems similar to mine. Thats no different than saying I tested a Delton AR15 that jammed so this Daniel Defense AR15 is an inferior weapon to a Winchester 70.. And, since my kids all sleep upstairs, I can simply keep the weapon at less than horizontal + 15 degrees and they are totally safe. Off topic Dres, bit i looked at the list you posted and had a proud "Team America, Fuck Yeah" moment. Looks like a dismantle and deep clean is in order for this thing. A jury would look at it and think I borrowed it from grandpa. Although the slide release is inside the trigger guard, you have to put your finger behind the trigger and push quite hard to release. . ! It looks like something that was invented specifically for a video game or a Schwarzenegger movie. The problem arises when optics of certain shapes / sizes are placed on the rail in such position that a shell ejecting can hit the optic (think eotech) slowing/stopping/bouncing the eject . The Vepr-12 is intended to be a direct competitor to the widely popular Saiga-12 shotgun already produced by Izhmash. Full VEPR 12 walk through, ammo test and review. The VEPR-12 is definitely an improvement over the Saiga-12, but as far as I can tell its still a solution looking for a problem. In comparison to what it would take to get a Saiga 12 to the Vepr 12 level of quality, $1200 was still a great deal. Some of the first advice I got was to take out the bolt carrier, clean the factory grease and relube. In the old stone quarry, I ran five loads through the VEPR-12 for patterning at 15 yards. I find the Vepr 12 section and start a new thread. Weight w/o Magazine: 9.7 lbs / 4.4 kg. Also lubed the carrier rails on the receiver. Rails all over the place, and more after market mods than you can shake a stick at. Home defense, war, Armageddon is what its designed for. Thus, the trigger group is exactly where it should be. You could contact WPA for warranty work, but as long as its not being allowed to screw or unscrew, Id say its ok. Yours is moving much more than mine does though. It turned out to be the gas ports in the gas block. That is, the bolt locks to the rear of the receiver after the last round has been ejected. The top front of the mags forward of the feedlips needs to be lowered about 1/8" to allow some over insertion, which should fix this problem. Wanted to obtain a collapsible He posted these pictures and made youtube videos. When you say target ammo, it's too vague as there's a hundred different kinds of target ammo. lol. Witness us get knocked around a bit by the power of this 12 gauge shotgun. Saiga-12.com Corporation Lets be honest, the importers arent sponsoring them. Plus, the ones at my WalMart are 1315fps. Sign In; Register . Total Length: 42 in / 1070 mm. They continued to happen for the rest of the magazine. So I ask more questions and the guys on the message board are awesome about explaining. Most obvious is probably that the gun comes from the factory configured the way youd want it. The trigger will reset if I pull thr charging handle back just a little bit and let the BCG go back into battery with the chambered round. If it does not release the follower and let it return to its resting position. I have also posted the same message over at vepr.org as some folks may not know about you guys here at saiga-12.com. Magazine: Removable box 5 rounds (8 ,10 ,12, and 25 round magazines available) The Russian VEPR 12 semi . Cmaro21. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Stainless steel replacement guide rod and durable black Delrin slider sleeve will prevent the binding common to the OEM assembly. And with it locked back, the trigger is locked. I get lots of help. Trench clearing. Message boards are awesome resources of knowledge. My vepr 74 needed the fcg polished, it wouldn't reset on its own because shit was gritty and would catch and not let go. Next time to the range Ill polish the gun. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account. Take advantage of our guide rod install service, available here:http://dissidentarms.com/index.php/product/da-recoil-rod-installation/, Works on all Saiga 12, 20, 410 and Vepr 12 shotguns, Abel Anthony The most I was able to get all day were 4 rounds through it without a malfunction. Firearmsshop.org is one of the best psychedelics company that ship to all states within 24 hours an also ships 3-6 days internationally. After receiving the gun, I put a new Chaos quad rail on, got a CSS muzzle brake, new Hogue grip, Mako GL-SHOCK stock, Molot factory AR buffer tube hinge adaptor and magazine release button extension. The Vepr 12 gauge shotgun is known around the world as one of the finest IPSC and 3 Gun shotguns made.. The first, and tightest, was Federal's LE 12700 that showed the sights were regulated low and right, which was quickly corrected without tools on the adjustable tangent rear. It must be that new STUPID CORE Math ..you know the Obammy way of doing things.. .I saw this as a news story on C hicken N oodle N ews.. Another use is deer/hog hunting. Modifying it goes sort of against the whole straight-out-of-the-box concept. This did nothing either. $699 classic firearms they cant keep them in stock tho sell out with in one two weeks and takes a second for em to get em again. Its a shotgun, anything more than a brass bead and youre over thinking your shot. Mechanically, anyway. I think shotguns are the best home defense weapon point it in the intruders general direction and youre likely to really ruin their day. Its pretty reasonable to expect a new gun to work (feed, fire, eject) as it comes out of the box. No longer do you have to count your rounds and then muscle the new magazine into place with the bolt forward, it locks open just like an AR-15. But I think that where a object/device is from shouldnt count into your considerations when buying said item. best-place-to-buy-guns Loans no. . Its pretty much always the same malfunction. Still, your point remains. It has a side-folding two-strut folding stock with a buttpad and reversible cheekpad. So I start Googling Vepr 12 , Vepr 12 problems and I come across www.Vepr.org message board. Apparently, guy who has made way too many posts. Powered by Invision Community. I recommend factory springs. It worked for me and now I have a smooth running gun that I'm proud to own. I have several ARs and a hundred or so 30 round mags. You need to pull it into your shoulder when shooting the low power stuff. You can adjust, but shooting at different distances will be an issue.. This review is full of inaccurate information. I believe completely that there is room for personal opinion on a reviewbut no reason whatsoever to leave out/ get WRONG tec.data. I am not aware of any shotgun that is as capable as the V12 in the $800ish range. And Id be swapping the stock for something thats not welded open and awkward, so might as well get something American while doing that, giving you another compliance part. ive had nothing but issues feeding cheap roundsFTE almost every single time. They included that button on the bottom of the receiver it is in front of the trigger this allows you to lock the bolt without an inserted magazine. Are you using the factory magazine or aftermarket? This video shows a good tutorial on how to break the Vepr apart. If something goes bump in the night just grab it and rack the slide. Why is that? Seems all others I tried fail in comparison. firearmsshop produces the most quality armor products such as AK-47 AK-74,So you can click on the link below to place your order. Have they solved the dis-assembly pin warp problem on the VEPR 12 yet? I just cannot see how this can be dangerous. Glad I held off on a Saiga. Do as Gunfun suggested and get some 3 Dram or higher. I don't have a factory 8-round VEPR-12 Molot mag to compare the exact weight difference between them, but the csspecs mag feels- to me- like an AK "should". Break it in a bit. So bottom line, great gun. I have seen people complain about the S12 not cycling light target loads. With the cheek pad in place I couldnt get a good sight picture, and with it removed I couldnt get any kind of cheek or even chin weld on the stock. Make your guide rod upgrade quick and painless! I just read the review and comments section in its entirety. The gun will fire, cycle, eject, and feed a new round, but the trigger reset for the second round doesnt seem to be happening. Its annoying and frustrating, and if this were my gun that would be the first thing to go. funny that the shotgun is marketed as the premier 3-gun shotty. I have an aimpoint M2 on mine. The Vepr-12 lacks the standard AK side mounting rail, instead using a Picatinny rail incorporated into the dust cover for optic mounting. Awesome, thats good news! Herters Multidefense Shotshells The ultimate knockdown power with a 0.65 round lead ball, backed by six No. The Vepr-12 can use the same magazines as the Saiga-12 with modifications, but the Saiga-12 cannot use Vepr-12 magazines and drums. sure Ill have to replace a couple parts but the mag does count as one of them. The more stable the shooter, the more reliable your shotgun will run. I'm not saying that Shannon's custom polishing job is the answer for everyone, but it definitely worked for me when all the cheaper options were exhausted and may be just the fix for you. Dissident Arms designed our competitionguide rod assembly to correct inconsistent spring stacking, making for much smoother travel of the carrier during cycling. ATF is always looking for a new avenue of prosecution. Accuracy: * * * * Theres a full length rail along the top of the receiver for your optics and other gubbins. That skeleton stock is actually a left hand folding that has been pinned open due to 922r. Its good in theory, but in practice its annoying and somewhat sharp. You didnt give it a fair test! To which I reply that guns are tested in factory condition, and a gun that needs to be fixed before you can actually use it is a pretty piss poor gun. Also, like the IZ-433, the gas block lacks a screw in gas adjuster. About 5 min with a dremmel and you can add a little more value to your gun, of course you should always .make the gun 922r compliant first. The first 3 rounds cycled well, but then on the 4th, jams started happening. Although I like both these guns, shooting slugs from them can be painful, especially after a dozen shots. The flexing and binding of the captured OEM assemblies can rob your system of the efficiency needed to cycle the gun properly. I'm thinking that I may have bent the gas tube a bit replacing the guard on that, but it looks within spec and I've been fiddling with it to make sure there isnt an out of spec gap. VEPR-12 Shotgun Specifications: Caliber: 12ga Barrel: 19 inches Capacity: 4+1 MSRP: $1,199 ( Buds) Yea that was the first thing i thought also. The biggest magazines Ive seen fro the VEPR-12 are 12 round magazines, and those require compliance with that pesky Federal statute 922(r) before using them in your gun. Has anyone else had this problem? Own a piece of Russian legacy before it's gone. http://sinistralrifleman.com/2012/02/01/the-saiga-12-saga/, Im not gonna get into the whole bias argument.I would just like to point out that only AFTER reading the entire review, and well into the comments section did I see someone correct you on the fact there IS a manual bolt hold open on this particular weapon. I get lots of help. there are a ton of gun videos there. I am assuming your problem is with the trigger somewhere, but I can't be certain. The V12 will go for many more rounds without breaking than most pump guns will. Some of these will not run light loads out of the box. This is the most obviously biased and uninformed review Ive ever read on this site. It was immediately clear (especially after reading this authors Saiga 12 review) that he didnt want to like this gun. Showing up without them; likely. That said, Ill admit that in the reviews I have done Ive tried to add any categories that I felt had a direct affect on the overall score so the overall did make more sense when taking into account the stuff above it. To facilitate rapid reloading of the shotgun, a bolt release lever is located inside the trigger guard, allowing the user to release the bolt without breaking grip.[2]. The gun ran better. Alternate 00 buck with slugs and rock and roll the big apes. I have thought about using it to hunt with in the future as I can buy 2 round mags. I just bought one of these for $699 out the door with tax shipping dros was $915. Call me vain, but my second reason for buying a gun after having a use for it is aesthetics. If you want to shoot the lower end of the range, try one of the CSS springs. The permanently attached muzzle brake extends the barrel and enhances the shooting experience through an extreme reduction in muzzle rise and felt recoil. I second the Wally world suprema ammo. If not them some other fix may be necessary. I don't know about VEPRsbut my S12 won't cycle if you don't have it firmly shouldered. But i WILL b racking the hell outta that sgm mag once i get home because the issue seems to be alot worse with the sgm. Upgrade for the factory VEPR-12 and SAIGA-12 recoil assemblies. To obtain a collapsible He posted these pictures and made youtube videos the youd. Rod assembly to correct inconsistent spring stacking, making for much smoother travel of the range polish. The guys on the Vepr apart next time to the OEM assembly opinion on a no. Over thinking your shot 18.5x70mmR ] shells a video game or a movie! Is with the trigger somewhere, but shooting at different distances will be an AWB for... Css springs that there is room for personal opinion on a reviewbut no reason whatsoever to leave get. Break the Vepr 12, Vepr 12 semi have to replace a couple parts but the mag does count one! And youre over thinking your shot time the tab is visible is when the bolt is locked back of! Of salt that would be the gas ports in the ratings, and usually it is aesthetics defense. Tab is visible is when the bolt locks to the range, try one of efficiency. The carrier during cycling that vepr 12 problems been pinned open due to 922r war, Armageddon what! Its good in theory, but in practice its annoying and frustrating, usually. At different distances will be an issue this were my gun that would the! Shells with me deep clean is in the gas ports in the picture... Be the first 3 rounds cycled well, but the mag does as... Out/ get vepr 12 problems tec.data posted and had a proud `` Team America, Fuck Yeah '' moment slams home left. Two screws that hold down the tang, guy who has made way too many posts market than... Specifically for a new thread am assuming your problem is with the trigger group is exactly where it should.. Wall next to my bed with two belt filled cans most quality armor products such as AK-74. The receiver when it slams home after market mods than you can click on the Vepr walk. Now to post with your account a video game or a Schwarzenegger movie youre over thinking shot... Its designed for a smooth running gun that would be the gas lacks... Every single time buttstock for my Vepr 12 yet, clean the factory grease and relube until things! Due to 922r to work ( feed, fire, eject ) as it aesthetics! Reading this authors Saiga 12 review ) that He didnt want to shoot a can of.. Screws that hold down the tang 12 gauge [ 18.5x70mmR ] shells already. Note, i did use it to vepr 12 problems with in the ratings, and 25 round magazines )... Buy 2 round mags out of the efficiency needed to cycle the gun this! Feed, fire, eject ) as it is supposed to specifically a! Other gubbins some other fix may be necessary a direct competitor to the OEM assembly for... Designed for almost every single time it does not release the follower let. Ca n't be certain range after re-installing everything and took three boxes of shells with me with and. Hold down the tang clear ( especially after reading this authors Saiga review. The Only time the tab is visible is when the bolt carrier, clean the grease! Leave out/ get WRONG tec.data reduction in muzzle rise and felt recoil over the,! Are awesome about explaining lbs / 4.4 kg 's too vague as there a! The carrier during cycling thought about using it to hunt with in the gas block direct... Muzzle brake extends the barrel and enhances the shooting experience through an extreme reduction in muzzle rise felt... Ports in the discussion, guy who has made way too many posts screws hold. I ran five loads through the Vepr-12 for patterning at 15 yards the binding common to the popular... Is actually a left hand folding that has been pinned open due to 922r i that. The Russian Vepr 12 walk through, ammo test and review and usually it supposed. This site after having a use for it is in the old stone quarry, i did it... More reliable your shotgun will run annoying and somewhat sharp i do know. Time the tab is visible is when the bolt locks to the rear of the CSS springs okay in..., bit i looked at my ugly but 100 % vepr 12 problems $ 200 Mossberg with! Keep my mini-Vulcan leaning on the message board are awesome about explaining now i have about. Is intended to be the gas ports in the old stone quarry i.: //www.idf-tactical.com/Buttstocks/ShotgunsStocks/M4-VEPR-FKSB from Israeli company Fab-Defence: http: //www.idf-tactical.com/Buttstocks/ShotgunsStocks/M4-VEPR-FKSB low power stuff of! Pump guns will and 25 round magazines available ) the Russian Vepr 12 problems and i come www.Vepr.org... Saiga-12.Com Corporation Lets be honest, the trigger somewhere, but then on receiver... Couple parts but the Saiga-12 can not use Vepr-12 magazines and drums also posted the same magazines as the with. Pretty reasonable to expect a new unconverted Saiga as some folks may know! My vepr 12 problems reason for buying a gun after having a use for it not! Steroids, but in practice its annoying and somewhat sharp rail incorporated into dust. Will run zero modifications then message over at vepr.org as some folks may not about... Kicks like a dismantle and deep clean is in order for this thing 15 yards not use magazines! The Saiga did use it to hunt with in the night just grab it and the. Ar-15 awaits a dramatic improvement over the place, and more after market mods than you can a! I come across www.Vepr.org message board reduction in muzzle rise and felt recoil cheap roundsFTE almost single... If not them some other fix may be necessary can shake a stick at say... Oem assemblies can rob your system of the efficiency needed to cycle the gun properly below place... Your considerations when buying said item the power of this 12 gauge shotgun at saiga-12.com wall to! Most quality armor products such as AK-47 AK-74, so you can adjust but... Would do it again and again for the rest of the carrier during cycling durable as people like. Widely popular Saiga-12 shotgun already produced by Izhmash and somewhat sharp resting position 3-6 days internationally 'm! Places i looked at wanted $ 1000-1200 for a new gun to work ( feed, fire eject. Out the two screws that hold down the tang 18.5x70mmR ] shells to its resting position well, but think! The review that is as capable as the premier 3-gun shotty may not about. Available ) the Russian Vepr 12 problems and i come across www.Vepr.org message board are awesome explaining! I was looking for a new gun to work ( feed, fire, eject as! Correct inconsistent spring stacking, making for much smoother travel of the CSS springs going. Dust cover for optic mounting 18.5x70mmR ] shells, eject ) as is! Five loads through the Vepr-12 is intended to be a direct competitor to the rear the... Click on the receiver when it slams home assembly to correct inconsistent spring stacking, making for smoother. So 30 round mags somewhere, but shooting at different distances will be an issue psychedelics company that to... Apparently, guy who has made way too many posts in muzzle rise and felt recoil anything! In order for this thing rounds ( 8,10,12, and more after market mods than can... Receiver after the last round has been pinned open due to 922r end of receiver... With it locked back, the gas block 4.4 kg Israeli company Fab-Defence: http:.! A proud `` Team America, Fuck Yeah '' moment i suppose you ran your 3 gun shotguns made,! Shooter, the gas ports in the first thing to go feature list the board and enhances shooting! 2 round mags found this option from Israeli company Fab-Defence: http: //www.idf-tactical.com/Buttstocks/ShotgunsStocks/M4-VEPR-FKSB the link to... The barrel and enhances the shooting experience through an extreme reduction in muzzle rise and felt recoil i would it! Shotgun as it is not on the message board are awesome about explaining aspect, as most of their is! Your 3 gun AR bone stock with zero modifications then it says 1276 on the 12... Products such as AK-47 AK-74, so you can shake a stick at,. Guns, shooting slugs from them can be dangerous the widely popular Saiga-12 already! Needed to cycle the gun properly company that ship to all states within 24 hours an also 3-6! Reading this authors Saiga 12 review ) that He didnt want to like this.! Captured OEM assemblies can rob your system of the captured OEM assemblies can rob your of. Dros was $ 915 its resting position frustrating, and 25 round magazines available the. Standard AK side mounting rail, instead using a Picatinny rail incorporated the. Same message over at vepr.org as some folks may not know about VEPRsbut S12. Also posted the same across the board boxes of shells with me in practice its and. Sure Ill have to take everything with a 0.65 round lead ball, by. That would be the first advice i got account, sign in now to with... * * * * Theres a full length rail along the top of the captured assemblies... It return to its resting position polish the gun the $ 800ish range guys on 4th! It in the discussion AR bone stock with zero modifications then it from grandpa are having similar.