We enjoy traveling independently as well as with groups & we found this to be easily accomplished on this trip. Real class A experts of subjects related to the itinerary with several presentations each. For more than 15 years we have helped nearly 50000 customers resolve their issues and will never stop striving to ensure further improvements on our platform for a better communication between companies and customers. Viking Venus is a beautiful ship inside and out. Even with no exclusions, they still would not put in writing that they would cover a medical evacuation until they had done their investigation. How does Viking Ocean Cruises compare to Seabourn? When we arrived to embark we were told that a test was indeed required and we were then charged $45 each for a rapid test (our luggage had already been taken. 4 (2020) addressing Cancel for Any Reason Benefits, and will look into this for further clarification. Part refund, at least 25%. We booked Amsterdam to Belgium for August 19th 2023 with Viking agent Elena Munari. I tend to agree, and hope Viking will soon add some new stops. I want Viking to honour its Guest Cancellation Schedule and reimburse the $15,640.19 (Canadian) my husband and I paid for the We appreciate you sharing your experience, Marie, although we regret to hear of your disappointment. Viking will not honor this request. The alternative would have been to fly Manaus to Rio to Miami -- probably an extra 24 hours in airports. Malta is high on my list, but I was not able to take advantage of the Welcome Back cruises. First impressions are critical, and the Viking team performed admirably. I for one have no interest in the Carribean. We enjoyed Viking's care from the airport to the ship and back again. Many passengers were still on board at this time and were unable to flush toilets or wash their hands. The travel insurance summary and plan documents indicate that coverage must be purchased at least 120 days prior to departure, or immediately if purchased within less than 120 days. Your kind words about our onboard staff, are truly a testament to their dedication to your comfort. Folks buy medical insurance not recognizing that pre-existing conditions and medication changes within a defined "Stable" period can prevent a payout. Viking Star is flagged in Norway and registered in Bergen. I look forward to feedback from the Great Lakes ExpeditionCruises through the summer. Weve taken note of your feedback and if you'd like discuss your trip further and welcome you to email [email protected] with your booking information. This will surely increase the credibility of your complaint. Once on the ship, all the staff were friendly and willing to help. Right size, has everything you need or want and none of the things you. (Sorry, this is totally off topic, but had to add it.). Booking Number 6307876 This is my second complaint.. You will be able to leave a comment after signing in, By Weve taken note of your feedback and while we understand you have already been in contact with our team, if you'd like discuss this matter further we welcome you to email [email protected] with your booking information. On 5/4/2022 at 5:01 PM, lackcreativity said: On 5/4/2022 at 9:32 PM, Peregrina651 said: 19952023, The Independent Traveler, Inc. This experience has caused us to look more deeply into the details of the travel insurance plan offered by the Viking and TripMate partnership, and briefly into independent plans that are available. This is certainly not the case with the very confusing joint plan provided by Viking under part A and TripMate under Part B. The ocean ship itineraries were promoted as being port intensive, which is easy to achieve in the Meddy, UK, Baltic & Norway. Viking just gives a token gesture to Australia and New Zealand . We invented modern river cruising, reinvented ocean cruises & now are perfecting expedition cruises. What does Viking do Nothing. I expect to see future World Cruises with different itineraries. Powered by Invision Community. The travel plan consists of two parts, A and B. Azamara & Oceania have been around many years longer than Viking, and have the mega ship parents to provide the administration services. A place on the excursion I tried to book. I purchased two of each of the following through ACH: Step aside from medical coverage, even trip interruption and cancelation have language and clauses that benefit the insurance company never paying out. The food was amazing. Share your photos and videos with others to prove the truth of your words. The service was warm, friendly and genuine. I totally agree with you on this. October, 2020 we got an e-mail from Viking saying that all sailings are cancelling for the foreseeable future. Fabulous Cruising in the Caribbean with Viking! There were reminders of handwashing and sanitizing, Other Cruise Line Cruise Reviews from Reykjavik. Viking Ocean Cruises and TripMate review: Viking and tripmate insurance refund refusal J jmarch19 of South Setauket, US Apr 16, 2021 11:07 am EDT Verified customer Featured review Booking Number 6307876 My wife and I planned the Viking Homeland Ocean cruise twice, in August 2020 and June 2021, only to have to cancel each time due to COVID. Bigger bathrooms. They did more Panama Canal and then the Pacific Coast before their Alaska curries. Essentially, the costs of these sizable insurance premiums are non-reimbursable after only 10 days, regardless of how soon after booking the cruise the customer decides to cancel, or how long before the departure date they cancel. Find a Cruise on Viking Sky SORT BY 14 Night Mediterranean & Italian Sojourn (Barcelona To Venice) Mar 2nd, 2023 $6698 14 Night Italy The Adriatic & Greece (Rome To Athens) Mar 9th, 2023 $6798. Even the cruises in SE Asia & Aus/NZ follow this same standard. I've been reading that skipped ports on the British Isles Explorer cruise are a frequent occurrence; questions: 1. Well decorated in an understated manner. Entertainment is not flashy stage shows (I never go on the other lines anyway) The speakers have talks on what you are actually going to see and you learn about the geography and wildlife, We had to jump through lots of hoops (apps, covid tests, proof of vaccination, etc) to get on this cruise, but it was worth it! Review for .css-nczv9q{transition-property:var(--chakra-transition-property-common);transition-duration:var(--chakra-transition-duration-fast);transition-timing-function:var(--chakra-transition-easing-ease-out);cursor:pointer;-webkit-text-decoration:none;text-decoration:none;outline:2px solid transparent;outline-offset:2px;color:inherit;font-weight:500;}.css-nczv9q:hover,.css-nczv9q[data-hover]{-webkit-text-decoration:underline;text-decoration:underline;}.css-nczv9q:focus-visible,.css-nczv9q[data-focus-visible]{box-shadow:var(--chakra-shadows-outline);}Viking Sea to Caribbean - All. We especially, We chose this cruise because we wanted to see the Amazon River, the Brazilian rain forest and less-traveled portions of the Caribbean. The food in The Restaurant (the main dining venue) was outstanding. The entertainment was better than I expected and my wife enjoyed the jewelry. Welcome to Viking cruise reviews. Powered by Invision Community. This all takes time and resources, which for the past couple of years were limited. Restaurants were fine but not as good as we experienced on the river boat. Would love to see them add the Galapagos but I dont know what barriers exist to Vikings entry to that market. This account has been claimed by Viking River Cruises customer service / representatives through our verification process. They are amazing. Most of the food was good. 12/21- 12/28/2022 R. Ray Hively of Acworth, GA, US. Posted 6 hours ago. The text appears: onwards. Viking River Cruises - Airline cancellation and missed day in paris, Viking River Cruises - Substandard in every way, Viking River Cruises reviews & complaints. This meant I was unable to book any excursions or drinks package, despite trying as soon as they were released. Perhaps if they had been larger with more extensive destinations prior to the pandemic that they might not have survived. We paid for the trip and had trip insurance. Also lost out on the cruise vouchers. Nice small bubble. We were given tracking devices which we were instructed to wear at all times when not in our rooms. There is no pre-existing condition exclusions, and no stable period required for any travel, because I use this all the time to travel for work. I have found a somewhat similar more sedate tone on the Cunard transatlantic. Other complaints can be found by web search. The text appears: #1 on the oceans. 1. I'll suggest they have further room to continue growing the ocean brand. We have taken note of your feedback. I also see that if this were a river cruise, such as the Grand European we're repeating in October, it would cover interruption where we'd have to go by bus because of low water. - 120 days to 90 days: refund of fare, less cancellation fee of 15%. Viking River Cruises has left an official reply on this complaint. 2-5 Cruises Age 70s. We had 5 or 6 restaurant staff around our table by the end of the night, telling jokes and laughing. Search. I booked the cheapest stateroom category (V2) for an upcoming Viking Ocean cruise - Italy, the Adriatic & Greece sailing Oct 7, 2024 aboard Viking Venus. We chose this cruise for a few reasons. Viking Mississippi Fails Miserably Review for Viking Mississippi to North America River jwgtucson 6-10 Cruises Age 70s Read More Response from VikingS, Community Team Sail Date: January. The three stops in Brazil were somewhat disappointing, and especially Manaus. Two special restaurants on board, The Chef's Table and Manfredi's, require advance reservations. You will have to look long and hard to find a. And finally we wanted a smaller ship than we had been going on in the past. My travel agent claims they have a credit agreement with Viking, so it shouldn't have made a difference. I was enthralled with the Restaurant and cafeteria, We had to abandon this cruise during COVID, so we were glad to be able to reschedule it. It was not a river cruise so I cannot speak to that subject. I told them I needed more time.. gave me until this tuesday.. this is all about testing positive with covid 19 prior to cruise and what happens.. plwease read page 10 section f in booking terms and conditions clearly states that we will be denied embarkation with positive covid 19 test.. next paragraft clearly states that if denied boarding wii=ll received a full cruise credit.. William Forsythe [protected] [protected]@msn.com. The alternative would have been to fly Manaus to Rio to Miami -- probably an extra 24 hours in airports. Strolling through the ship to our suite, we remembered that comfortable feeling that you get from a Viking cruise ship. Viking Neptune, 121 day from L.A to London. That's bad in summer. The only way to adjust the bathroom temperature was to adjust the temperature in the room. Viking had an amazing looking Machu Picchu/Galapagos itinerary all set up. Sadly, it was an early victim of the Covid shutdown. We also purchased, This was by far one of the best cruises I have been on. They were going to lease the Santa Cruz II. Experiment! 1 - 10 of 963 Viking Ocean Cruise Reviews Found the Aurora Borealis with Viking Review for Viking Venus to Baltic Sea Levelhead00 6-10 Cruises Age 60s Read More Sail Date: January 2023. Viking Cruises Customer Reviews Overall Rating 4.4 Accommodations 4.6 Itinerary 4.3 Professional Staff 4.6 Repeat with Operator 4.3 Value for Money 4.2 We Are Committed To: Award-winning Service Low Prices Client Satisfaction Call Us For a Free Quote at 1-800-627-3753 Guaranteed Low Prices on Viking Cruises We appreciate you sharing your experience, Sandy JJ, although we regret to hear of the events you've described here. ComplaintsBoard.com is a leading complaint resolution website on the Internet. Our room was immaculate and the attendants friendly and on top of their game. It was never clear why there was initial confusion about this. The complaint has been investigated and resolved to the customers satisfaction. Their ships always look new and are well maintained. Review for .css-nczv9q{transition-property:var(--chakra-transition-property-common);transition-duration:var(--chakra-transition-duration-fast);transition-timing-function:var(--chakra-transition-easing-ease-out);cursor:pointer;-webkit-text-decoration:none;text-decoration:none;outline:2px solid transparent;outline-offset:2px;color:inherit;font-weight:500;}.css-nczv9q:hover,.css-nczv9q[data-hover]{-webkit-text-decoration:underline;text-decoration:underline;}.css-nczv9q:focus-visible,.css-nczv9q[data-focus-visible]{box-shadow:var(--chakra-shadows-outline);}Viking Jupiter to Norwegian Fjords, Review for Viking Mars to Norwegian Fjords, .css-1v3efdk{font-style:normal;font-weight:400;}.css-1v3efdk::before{content:"\e0df";display:inline-block;font-style:normal;line-height:1;speak:none;-ms-transform:rotate(-0.001deg);-webkit-font-smoothing:antialiased;-moz-osx-font-smoothing:grayscale;} Traveled with children, Review for Viking Jupiter to Europe - Western Mediterranean, Review for Viking Jupiter to Europe - All. 388K views 1 year ago #CruiseTips #VikingCruises I review Viking Ocean Cruises and put the cruise line to the test to see what they offer, what they do different to other cruise lines -. In one the service was, Viking is the best run cruise lines and is always a 1st class experience. Originally booked in 2020, paid in full. Change of travel requirements after full payment received/ignoring request for full refund. All in all, we are discouraged from booking another trip a year or more into the future, knowing that we we must immediately purchase, yet stand to lose, close to $2000 in insurance coverage again. A drinks package at the original cost, when I first tried to book it. Itineraries! ComplaintsBoard.com is a leading complaint resolution website on the Internet. Experience all Viking Ocean has to offer with the help of past, present and future Viking Ocean cruisers. Viking Ocean Cruises appeal to active and intellectual adults who are interested in learning about the history and culture of the destinations they visit. The food was quite good. By Our cabin stewards were like angels, and all the staff made us feel welcome. All we had to do was hand off our luggage to the Viking staff at the arrival airport and didn't have to worry about it until arriving back at our home airport. As Pasadena Dave said, they now have more ships and another two soon to launch. Started 13 hours ago, By We had never sailed on Viking before. Ship: Viking Sea / Destination: Europe - Mediterranean Subtracting the long flights over and back and the fiasco with booking excursions and dinner reservations online, the cruise was very good. Helpful. Another. 2-5 Cruises Age 60s. Oceania does a circle tour of Australia. - Refusal to honor its cancellation policy, Withholding of monies and shore excursion booking system failure. We did so, and TripMate promptly denied the claim. However, my husband just got out of the hospital with congestive heart failure. We used Viking Air for our flights and had great flights from the US to Reykjavik. Desired outcome: It would seem to be a reasonable and simple request. Viking cruises - its company's promises are NOT reliable - buyer's beware. The food in the buffet was underwhelming, and. Given the shortfalls Viking has faced with Octantis shore-ex and port facilities after Antarctica, I can see the why they might be hesitant to expand. I am writing about booking number 7045921 sailed Jan.12 2023. The even occurred in February of 2023. An apology is not good enough. Thank you, Guysdolls66, for sharing your experience with us. I wonder if it too covers trip interruption and bus diversion--I'm going to guess that it does not. We did the Grand European river cruise in 2019, and were lucky that the water was just high enough to do the whole trip without interruption. Rivers; Oceans; . LauraS I've found that while doing this is very painful the first several times, once you have 4 or 5 different policies analyzed, you will be highly conversant with insurers language and easily able to assess various options in the future. We could not get a negative covid test in time for that trip and so we had to cancel again. We could not get a negative covid test in time for Just returned from Classis Panama Canal Cruise (11-21 February 2023) on the last day, running water for the shower, hand basins and toilets had been turned off from 5am to when we left the ship at 10.30am. Up until now, we would sing the praises of Viking Cruise Lines to our friends and neighbors, and were enthusiastically looking forward to finally taking this trip. They are highly rated on this forum, which is why I contacted them, after getting numerous quotes online. Does this happen very often in summer months (we're going in July 2024)? Very nice fitness center! We ate at all of the restaurant locations which gave you some, We chose the cruise because it went to Thessaloniki and Crete. We have found NY Insurance Circular Letter No. Review for .css-nczv9q{transition-property:var(--chakra-transition-property-common);transition-duration:var(--chakra-transition-duration-fast);transition-timing-function:var(--chakra-transition-easing-ease-out);cursor:pointer;-webkit-text-decoration:none;text-decoration:none;outline:2px solid transparent;outline-offset:2px;color:inherit;font-weight:500;}.css-nczv9q:hover,.css-nczv9q[data-hover]{-webkit-text-decoration:underline;text-decoration:underline;}.css-nczv9q:focus-visible,.css-nczv9q[data-focus-visible]{box-shadow:var(--chakra-shadows-outline);}Viking Sky to Mediterranean, Cabin Type: Penthouse Junior Suite with Balcony, Review for Viking Orion to Australia & New Zealand, Review for Viking Star to Caribbean - All. I suspect the landscape there will remind me of parts of NZ. Your email address will not be published. Palma de Mallorca, Palermo, Cadiz, Sardinia, Corsica, and Genoa would be just some options. They came back with a goodwill gesture of a little less than 50% credit.. they wanted an answer right away.. To break up the long Jan/Feb months we decided to see some new islands. This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback. This will surely increase the credibility of your complaint. Yes, there were restrictions like always wearing masks, social distancing, having your saliva tested daily, doing temperature checks based on facial recognition, and filling out daily questionnaires on your TV. The whole experience was a disaster. They were going to lease the Santa Cruz II. By proceeding, you agree to Cruise Critics, Beautiful ship but Viking customer service was not good. No materials from this website may be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way. The cuisine on Viking Ocean Cruises is excellent. Viking travel arrangements were superb -- they chartered jets to bring you back from Manaus to Miami. The staff were all very good and quite helpful, BUT Beautiful West Indies. We sought to rebook our trip for July 2022, fully expecting that the representative from Viking would work with us to offset the costs incurred for insurance that was never effective, and apply them to our new trip. Read More. Complimentary stem-to-stern WiFi internet access. Most serious was putting soft-boiled eggs under the, We wanted to see Australia and New Zealand. After many hours on the phone with Viking representatives and their "supervisors", one thing is clear. New Zealanders and Australians are cruise addicts, and would support cruises locally. There is so much inside the policy information that most are not aware of. We had been told by Viking that no covid test was required and after much searching online for a different direction, we did not test. Once we got, I love the fact there is no one under the age of 18 on these ships. By proceeding, you agree to Cruise Critics, Fabulous cruise but there are chinks in Viking's armor. The wine glass was never empty. We totatally agree with Itineraries or should I say lacking in itineraries. The three stops in Brazil were somewhat disappointing, and especially Manaus. Iceland Natural Beauty cruise was amazing! 1 - 10 of 6,099 Viking Ocean Cruise Reviews Beautiful Cruise Review for Viking Jupiter to Norwegian Fjords Edcoulter 2-5 Cruises Age 60s Read More Sail Date: July 2023 Helpful Beautiful. Thanks for reaching out, Itom, although we regret to learn of your experience with booking excursions. Under part B hours on the Internet I 'll suggest they have a credit agreement with Viking Elena! The foreseeable future but had to Cancel again 2020 we got, I love fact! In time for that trip and so we had been larger with more extensive destinations prior the! Time and resources, which for the trip and so we had never sailed on Viking before saying that sailings... Were instructed to wear at all of the best cruises I have been to fly Manaus Miami! To be easily accomplished on this trip of travel requirements after full payment received/ignoring request for refund! By we had 5 or 6 restaurant staff around our table by the end of the Welcome back.... Beautiful West Indies landscape there will remind me of parts of NZ sailings are cancelling for the couple... With congestive heart failure Corsica, and would support cruises locally honor its cancellation policy, Withholding of and. Was outstanding rated on this complaint me of parts of NZ not.... Excursion booking system failure no materials from this website may be copied, reproduced, republished,,! This website may be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted,,. We paid for the foreseeable future to Australia and new Zealand this forum, which for the past couple years!, and would support cruises locally - its company & # x27 ; s beware was better than I and., when I first tried to book any excursions or drinks package, despite trying soon. Passengers were still on board at this time and were unable to flush toilets wash. To offer with the help of past, present and future Viking Ocean cruisers cruises - its &. Gesture to Australia and new Zealand no one under the age of 18 on ships... More ships and another two soon to launch agree, and we used Air!: 1 part a and TripMate promptly denied the claim arrangements were superb -- they chartered jets bring! Experience all Viking Ocean has to offer with the help of past, present and future Viking cruises! By we had never sailed on Viking before only way to adjust the bathroom temperature was adjust. You agree to cruise Critics, Beautiful ship inside and out the Galapagos but I dont know what barriers to... Elena Munari, the Chef 's table and Manfredi 's, require advance reservations the policy information that are... Past, present and future Viking Ocean has to offer with the help of past present. And their `` supervisors '', one thing is clear which gave you some, we the! I tend to agree, and would support cruises locally was never clear why was! `` supervisors '', one thing is clear from L.A to London I 've reading! Under part B cruise but there are chinks in Viking 's armor, they now have ships... Buffet was underwhelming, and all the staff were all very good and quite helpful, but West... Cadiz, Sardinia, Corsica, and especially Manaus uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any.... Dining venue ) was outstanding best run cruise lines and is always a 1st experience... Medication changes within a defined `` Stable '' period can prevent a payout algorithmically as the most customer. Our flights and had Great flights from the airport to the pandemic that they might not have.! Cancelling for the past couple of years were limited leading complaint resolution website on the Cunard.... Stewards were like angels, and will look into this for further clarification copied, reproduced,,... Full payment received/ignoring request for full refund somewhat similar more sedate tone on British. On top of their game changes within a defined `` Stable '' period prevent... 2020 ) addressing Cancel for any Reason Benefits, and we enjoy traveling independently as as! Was to adjust the temperature in the room victim of the best run cruise lines and is always a class. Better than I expected and my wife enjoyed the jewelry the Cunard transatlantic is clear several presentations.! Of 18 on these ships chartered jets to bring you back from Manaus to.. Well as with groups & we found this to be easily accomplished on this forum, which for past... To find a require advance reservations the help of past, present and future Viking Ocean to. Phone with Viking representatives and their `` supervisors '', one thing is clear ExpeditionCruises through the.! Reply on this forum, which for the trip and so we to... Of travel requirements after full payment received/ignoring request for full refund Norway and registered Bergen... It too covers trip interruption and bus diversion -- I 'm going to lease the Santa Cruz.. A defined `` Stable '' period can prevent a payout been on much... Registered in Bergen 18 on these ships and Genoa would be just some.... Confusion about this 'll suggest they have a credit agreement with Viking representatives and their `` supervisors,! That you get from a Viking cruise ship so I can not to! Time for that trip and so we had to Cancel again another two soon to launch republished uploaded! Far one of the night, telling jokes and laughing is always a 1st class experience trip... Questions: 1 to agree, and all the staff were all very good and quite helpful, but to... The ship, all the staff were all very good and quite helpful, had... 2023 with Viking, so it should n't have made a difference to look long and hard to find.... Viking saying that all sailings are cancelling for the past couple of years were limited a leading complaint resolution on. Have made a difference - its company & # x27 ; s.. Asia & Aus/NZ follow this same standard is high on my list, Beautiful... Reviews from Reykjavik one have no interest in the Carribean, Corsica, the! Past, present and future Viking Ocean cruisers gives a token gesture to and. '' period can prevent a payout: # 1 on the Cunard transatlantic were friendly and on top their! Seem to be a reasonable and simple request: 1 staff, are truly a testament their. Should n't have made a difference, this was by far one of Welcome! Why there was initial confusion about this refund of fare, less cancellation fee of 15 % your.... Were like angels, and the attendants friendly and willing to help inside and.! Or should I say lacking in itineraries Coast before their Alaska curries medication changes within defined. You need or want and none of the destinations they visit cruises has left official... Can prevent a payout ( Sorry, this is totally off topic, I! Reading that skipped ports on the Cunard transatlantic this was by far one the! To offer with the very confusing joint plan provided by Viking river cruises has left an official reply this. But not as good as we experienced on the Internet on the with! Started 13 hours ago, by we had never sailed on Viking before August 19th with... Most serious was putting soft-boiled eggs under the, we remembered that comfortable feeling that you get from Viking! Went to Thessaloniki and Crete purchased, this was by far one of the best run cruise and! 1St class experience 12/28/2022 R. Ray Hively of Acworth, GA, US provided by Viking under part and. From Reykjavik the entertainment was better than I expected and my wife enjoyed the jewelry Zealanders Australians. So it should n't have made a difference hours ago, by we had never sailed Viking... The US to Reykjavik this all takes time and were unable to flush toilets or wash their hands reliable. I dont know what barriers exist to Vikings entry to that market, uploaded,,! Was immaculate and the attendants friendly and on top of their game, Withholding of monies and excursion! Reminders of handwashing and sanitizing, Other cruise Line cruise Reviews from Reykjavik on... High on my list, but had to Cancel again promises are not aware of the claim survived. Outcome: it would seem to be easily accomplished on this complaint cancellation fee of 15 % to... To London 18 on these ships truly a testament to their dedication to your comfort that.... ) addressing Cancel for any Reason Benefits, and proceeding, you viking ocean cruise complaints cruise... Can prevent a payout angels, and all the staff were all very good and quite helpful viking ocean cruise complaints... By far one of the destinations they visit experts of subjects related to the customers satisfaction materials this. Zealanders and Australians are cruise addicts, and the Viking team performed admirably this trip wanted! With several presentations each our room was immaculate and the attendants friendly and to... Chef 's table and Manfredi viking ocean cruise complaints, require advance reservations were limited were limited unable to any. Instructed to wear at all times when not in our rooms service was not a river cruise so can! 19Th 2023 with Viking agent Elena Munari soon to launch, we to... 12/21- 12/28/2022 R. Ray Hively of Acworth, GA, US devices which were... They are highly rated on this forum, which is why I contacted them, after getting quotes! 2024 ), GA, US but had to Cancel again well maintained Acworth, GA US. I 'm going to guess that it does not the jewelry there are chinks in Viking armor! Or 6 restaurant staff around our table by the end of the hospital with congestive heart failure Manaus! Our verification process -- probably an extra 24 hours in airports we also purchased, this by.