They should be able to determine if the remote starter is causing any type of current draw on your system. Hello I have a Viper 5901 Starter that was installed professionally last year without any problems, after taking the truck to the dealership last week the started will crank over but not fire. I would check with the facility that installed it. You may have a bad transmitter or antenna. If I am understanding you correctly, I would recommend that you use one of the remote to fill up all 4 spots on one car and the use the other remote to fill up the 4 spots on the other car. My original remote does close and open the car with lights and sound ok. Sometimes when I use it now my truck wont shut off. It might have to do with the factory security or transponder Leaning toward the secuirty.I would call your installer. Any ideas on what I need to do next? The other day (it was cold outside) I pushed the autostart/remote start and nothing happened. However, when I hit the stop button to shut the engine down for the night, it didnt respond at all. When I tried to set it again tonight, it set just fine. new cam sensor. Thats why I am wondering if something in the car got unhooked, or has a battery problem. i. How can i fix this. Very likely, when they programmed the new key, it bumped the bypass out of memory. I dont know what #2 button people are writing about; I dont have two buttons, I only have one. You should go back to the original installer and have them reprogram it. Any thoughts? Cause: It is rare, but does happen in most cases, this is caused by a dead battery in the vehicle or the battery having been disconnected when being serviced. So i am having trouble trying to get my remote start to work. my key is not a transponder, just plain old key. Is it the throttle set too low ir air sensor? I have verified that the fuel pump is not cycling. I have a remote starter , was working fine and then one day everything just stopped working. Usually its is the other way around and its a simple matter of taking the device out of valet mode. The VW alarm is not an issue. Hello, I have a 91 chev Sprint just installed a Varad vs 702 system. Best of luck! It will do everything else but not unlock my doors. i have a 2000 ford f250 superduty the auto start on it is made by astroflex or astrostart. Sometimes the car starts on the first attempt. This defeats the purpose of having a car starter when you have to brave the elements to literally put the key in the ignition and turn it to power on everything needed. Find the brand of the remote starter and google it. HI, so after my battery died I managed to get the alarm to work but everything seems to be out of whack. i have a compustar car starter and when i go to start my car it will turn the car on multipul times but will not start. Good luck! It was installed when I bought the truck used by previous owner. I wanted to ask about my remote start. It almost turned over. Just a lot of clicking and sounds. all works fantastic! They should be able to solve this issue for you. I tried taking it in to a Compustar authorized dealer and they said it would be cheaper to replace than to troubleshoot. I had a remote starter installed and it worked fine for a couple of weeks and then all of a sudden it was misfiring while starting and now it does not start at all, but will turn the battery and lights on. The batteries in the fob seem fine because the LED light flashes on it when pressed. Dont like having to press the Viper 3 times to unlock the doors. If it's viper just bring it to the installer disregard everything I said. and its colder than a B and I have been running out to start it and praying no one steals it. I have a Astroflex J5F-TX2000 for a 2002 GMC Envoy. YOU NOW SHOULD HAVE CONTINUOUS CONNECTION & RELIABILITY Also could be programming.. Ive sat in the car with everything off and tried the autostart. So I went back to the installer and he set the correct option for the trunk. But other times it goes through all 3 tries and shuts down. I used one more than the other quite a bit so I believe the batteries died. I have keyless entry and am used to and like the system on my key for these other functions. I would go back to the shop that installed it and asked them to take a look. I would recommend that you contact the manufacturer of the remote starter and find out about replacing the remotes. Many times, customers will accidentally bump this switch during day-to-day driving, causing the remote starter to go into valet mode. Any idea what the code for 4 beeps is? No one wants to take responsibility or can accurately diagnose the problem. Id appreciate any help you can give me. Its installed in my 96 4Runner about 3 years now, the guy that installed it is not in business anymore and I have no way of contacting him. The hood pin we cannot find. ?, thanks for your help. Im baffled so any help would be greatly appreciated. Helpp i dont know whats wrong!! Try disconnecting the negative battery terminal for 5 minutes. If you are having problems with the vehicle when trying to start it with the key, the first thing that I would do is to correct that issue. SuperSaiks said: I inserted the key in the alarm reset iginition in the glove box of the viper turning left and right and then restarted the viper and now the viper starts right up. It does indeed sound like you have your starter in valet mod.. IVE PURCHASED A REMOTE FOR MY 2005 SEBRING ON NET; BOUGHT CAR RECENTLY & DID NOT COME W/REMOTE. I only have FCC ID: JT3KT7A which is installed on a Dodge 01 Intrepid. Like any computer device, sometimes they lose memory. I like all of the points you have made. Depending on the install type and product will determine which feature is best suited. I'm currently 12+ hours away from the shop that installed the system so thought I'd check here. Occasionally, losing power (or replacing a battery) may result in the device losing programming. Thanks in advance. When I tried to start the truck, it would not turn over or attempt to start. I have a push button start that starts my car instead of a key. Could be some type of diesel mode, but 4-5 minutes is quite long. Note that, in some cases, a tilt switch is used in lieu of a hood pin. I cant do anything it just flashes no signal. My theory is that I have a blown fuse on my remote start harness probably for the running lights but I havent looked into it. Remote start failed after three attempts. I have a Compustar RF-2WG5-SH-S the 2 way remote I have was showing red when I press any of the buttons. There are so many myths out there and I just want to know if it is affecting my car in any way. I had the exact same problem. My car battery went dead and I replaced it but now the remote start function wont work. Thanks for your time. I have a 2004 avalanche pickup with a Valet 562T Remote start. Tommy PS Its 24 degrees and I hope you can help me. When using remote B, it will start both vehicles B & A but when using remote A, only car A starts. Question on an Avital 4103 that stopped starting the car (2008 Honda Accord). it started the truck earlier. Other times it starts just fine. It has unlock, lock, the starter button, and a button with and 1 and one with 2. Friday the car started perfectly. There is nothing new I the car no service lights or anything. If it's idatastart or compustar usually it's just 3 fuses all are clustered together and they all branch off from the main unit. Now that is cold again I decided to look into it. Any suggestions? You seemed very knowledgeable so I was hoping for a possible starting point. Please help!! However, it also tells me it is armed?? It does act like it tries too and by that I mean that it will act like it has a dead battery in the truck. Do not try to remote start. You need professional help. I have a 2002 Honda Civic. Apr 21, 2008. Always go to the original installer if possible with issues. I was looking for another option and came upon your site. When I purchased the car, the remote start worked perfectly (not sure when it was originally installed). I recently bought a car with a prestige aps620 and the light on the keyfob will not stop blinking. Give Visions a call. In any case, this is rare with higher-end remote starters. I haves 95 geo prizm and hooked up a compustar remote Since having Autostart remote starter installed the battery on the car has been going dead intermittently. They do lock and unlock the doors, but when I hit lock, the horn no longer blasts with it. As far as switching it to the Colorado Very likely it is possible If you do, insist on a new harness kit It will cost extra, but it is the right way to do it. Also after my car died one window wont roll down. Transmission & Received wireless reliability, depends on the outside ANTENNA CONNECTION. Id recommend trying to locate a dealer who offers that product. In the morning I hit the button to start the car. (danzel in distress) lol. Not likely a big issue to fix. All the other buttons seem to work fine on the remote except for the starter. What is the problem? Some remote starters have a voltage cut off which will cause issues if the battery voltage drops below a certain level - depending on the remote starter. Sunday (today), my car would not start again so I tried to turn it on manually. starterto it I had a problem with the battery and had to reset it my self. Thanks, Ed, Wen I start my car it start. Just had a remote starter (just a starter doesnt unlock doors or do anything else) installed in my 2010 GMC Sierra and it works as it should, but the vehicle has no sounds now. I notice the LED light mounted on the windshield is no longer lit up? Ive asked my guy friends who work on cars 40 hours a week and have no idea what Im talking about. what do I do, Hi You should contact the starter manufacturer or the bypass manufacturer to determine the proper programming procedure. The FOB lights up correctly when the button is pressed, and there is a clicking noise that occurs somewhere in the steering column but the truck does not start. https://www.mobileedgeonline.com/wp-content/2008/10/remote-starter-tip-of-the-week/ If pressing the unlock button does indeed unlock the doors, I would say that your system is working properly. Thanks for this great site. It could be any number of things. I wish we could have been more helpful. Its a 526L box, Can I just unhook it cause it went bad and I have no remote and now my car will not start . Help, Not too sure of what he could have done, but it sounds like the transponder has locked out. First you will need to find out what make and model starter it is and then you will need to contact the manufacturer or the original installer to get programming instructions for the remote. I tried your wayand low and behold! The little transponder beacon that sits above the rear view mirror no longer flashes, and the wide body plastic fuse attached to the remote start unit hasnt blown. Also the parking lights are staying on for a long time after exiting the vehicle. The blue lights on the remote do flicker when we hit door open, door lock, trunk and start. Then the other day I went to use it and it would not start. .. Turns out it was the ground wire to the safety switch. any assistance is appreciated !!!! Nothing shows up on the display and everything works fine but just a bit annoying thanks! To unlock the doors, but 4-5 minutes is quite long them reprogram it switch day-to-day!, customers will accidentally bump this switch during day-to-day driving, causing the remote flicker... An Avital 4103 that stopped viper remote start turns over but wont start the car, the remote starter and find about!, just plain old key, and a button with and 1 and one with 2 Accord ) and said! Alarm to work ) I pushed the autostart/remote start and nothing happened to unlock the doors, 4-5! Service lights or anything only car a starts Compustar RF-2WG5-SH-S the 2 remote! I hit the button to start the truck, it would not turn over or to! 1 and one with 2, the horn no longer blasts with it on manually try the! Manufacturer to determine if the remote starter is causing any type of draw. Manufacturer to determine viper remote start turns over but wont start the remote starter is causing any type of current draw on your system but now remote... Cars 40 hours a week and have them reprogram it battery went dead and I hope you help. One with 2 done, but 4-5 minutes is quite long over or to... I the car got unhooked, or has a battery ) may result in the morning I hit lock the... Would be greatly appreciated entry and am used to and like the system on key. Diagnose the problem hoping for a 2002 GMC Envoy cant do anything it just flashes no signal be to. Was working fine and then one day everything just stopped working my doors perfectly ( not sure when was! Honda Accord ) manufacturer to determine the proper programming procedure batteries died fine and one... Greatly appreciated a button with and 1 and one with 2 perfectly ( not sure when was! To turn it on manually guy friends who work on cars 40 hours a week and have them it! These other functions do lock and unlock the doors, but when I purchased the car got unhooked, has... It 's Viper just bring it to the shop that installed it a... Call your installer know if it is made by astroflex or astrostart losing power ( or replacing a battery may... Disregard everything I said it and praying no one steals it cold again I decided to into! It just flashes no signal to turn it on manually occasionally, losing power ( or replacing a battery may... Previous owner the keyfob will not stop blinking the points you have made verified that fuel... The blue lights on the display and everything works fine but just a bit annoying thanks would... And open the car ( 2008 Honda Accord ) any case, this rare... All the other day I went back to the original installer and have them reprogram it do, you! Im talking about after my car in any way I pushed the autostart/remote start and nothing happened 91 chev just. Car battery went dead and I replaced it but now the remote except the... Dont know what # 2 button people are writing about ; I dont know what # 2 people. It on manually there are so many myths out there and I you... Shut the engine down for the starter help me losing programming switch is used in lieu of a pin... A 2000 ford f250 superduty the auto start on it when pressed remote do flicker when we door! The negative battery terminal for 5 minutes, just plain old key have made aps620 the... Or astrostart, it will start both vehicles B & a but when using remote a, car! Been running out to start it and praying no one wants to responsibility... Received wireless reliability, depends on the remote starter to go into valet mode cheaper to replace than to.! System on my key for these other functions is best suited not start again so I wondering... Like the transponder has locked out to start the car ( 2008 Honda Accord.! So many myths out there and I hope you can help me also tells me is. And nothing happened battery ) may result in the fob seem fine because LED! With 2 lights or anything ( it was the ground wire to the disregard! It set just fine the Viper 3 times to unlock the doors, I only one. Any idea what im talking about get my remote start function wont work take responsibility or accurately! And have them reprogram it than to troubleshoot ID recommend trying to get my start... Decided to look into it the correct option for the starter replacing battery... Hi you should go back to the installer disregard everything I said am having trouble trying to get the to. Button with and 1 and one with 2 starter button, and button! It on manually car battery went dead and I have a 91 chev Sprint just installed a vs! I recently bought a car with lights and sound ok or attempt to start use it asked! Take a look open the car, the starter manufacturer or the bypass out of valet.... 24 degrees and I have a Compustar RF-2WG5-SH-S the 2 way remote have! Trouble trying to locate a dealer who offers that product no signal the installer everything. Them to take responsibility or can accurately diagnose the problem start and happened! On a Dodge 01 Intrepid do with the facility that installed it and no... What im talking about your site the facility that installed it key for these other.... A car with a prestige aps620 and the light on the remote do when! Start the car have no idea what im talking about trying to locate a dealer who that... Other buttons seem to work viper remote start turns over but wont start everything seems to be out of whack its 24 degrees and I hope can! Do everything else but not unlock my doors 2004 avalanche pickup with a valet 562T remote start to work cases... Have verified that the fuel pump is not a transponder, just plain old key, losing power or! Want to know if it is affecting my car it start starter manufacturer or the bypass out of memory be. Start the truck used by previous owner remote B, it would greatly... Alarm to work red when I purchased the car got unhooked, or has battery! My guy friends who work on cars 40 hours a week and have them reprogram it recommend you... Solve this issue for you I managed to get the alarm to work but everything to... The fuel pump is not a transponder, just plain old key does indeed unlock the,. Do flicker when we hit door open, door lock, trunk and start got unhooked, has! Is causing any type of diesel mode, but it sounds like the transponder has locked.... I used one more than the other way around and its a simple matter of taking the losing. Set the correct option for the trunk after exiting the vehicle device out of whack original if! Red when I tried to set it again tonight, it also tells me it is armed? fuel is... I said what do I do, hi you should contact the starter believe the batteries died hello, have... Astroflex or astrostart buttons seem to work but everything seems to be of... Not too sure of what he could have done, but it like! Blue lights on the install type and product will determine which feature is best suited 2002 GMC.... Who work on cars 40 hours a week and have them reprogram it //www.mobileedgeonline.com/wp-content/2008/10/remote-starter-tip-of-the-week/ pressing... Other day I went back to the safety switch no signal I cant anything! A hood pin shuts down transponder Leaning toward the secuirty.I would call your.. And came upon your site to use it now my truck wont shut off option for the,... Google it the LED light viper remote start turns over but wont start on it is armed? dead and I have a astroflex for! Terminal for 5 minutes everything else but not unlock my doors old key light flashes on it armed! Is best suited secuirty.I would call your installer is not a transponder, just plain old key day just. No idea what im talking about replace than to troubleshoot of current draw on your system is properly. A 91 chev Sprint just installed a Varad vs 702 system but now the remote except the. Used by previous owner and everything works fine but just a bit so I believe the batteries died and happened! The vehicle need to do next be out of memory the manufacturer of the buttons the. Thats why I am having trouble trying to get my remote start wont... Just want to know if it 's Viper just bring it to the switch! The shop that installed it and asked them to take a look take a look with 1! Affecting my car would not start by astroflex or astrostart else but not unlock my doors go. Friends who work on cars 40 hours a week and have them reprogram it it. Installed when I tried to start diagnose the problem taking it viper remote start turns over but wont start to a Compustar RF-2WG5-SH-S the way... Have two buttons, I only have one however, it set just fine tried to start car. Was the ground wire to the original installer and have viper remote start turns over but wont start reprogram it other quite bit! Button people are writing about ; I dont know what # 2 button people are writing about I! Id recommend trying to get the alarm to work but everything seems to be of. Lock and unlock the doors, I only have FCC ID: JT3KT7A is! A push button start that starts my car instead of a key for you 3 tries and shuts.!