Wetsons was close enough to walk to, and we did. Wasnt there one in Island Park? Rax Roast Beef is a regional U.S. fast food restaurant chain specializing in roast beef sandwiches. I was questioning my memory so I decided to google it. Each of us got a burger, small fries and a small coke. To a teen like me, this was heaven. I loved the busiest days because the day would fly by. Runzas can be baked into various shapes such as a half-moon, a rectangle, a round (bun), a square, or a triangle. It was the opposite side. Please help me out. He passed by me and nodded, I nodded back. How can Ray pass it almost every day the orange rings were taken down several years ago? Lake Grove, NY Middle Country Road (Route 25) and Hawkins Avenue (now Two Guys Appliance) On this Wikipedia the language links are at the top of the page across from the article title. in 1967. Does anyone remember the Dublin Pub in New Hyde Park one of my favorite places to go on the weekends as a young adult of 18-21.Yes the memories. Thank you for any help you can provide. The leaky cup! Roslyn, NY Northern Boulevard (now East Hills Chevrolet within the old structure) Wow, what memories. My moms little dog loved Wetsons. I worked at that store as my first paying job. Now it is a Honda dealership. Wetson's, like many hamburger joints founded in the 1960s, was inspired by the rapid success of McDonald's. At it's peak, it had over 70 locations in the New York Metropolitan area, as well as a few in California. Believe it or not it was a union job. Ah memories. Parking lot was full of drag/racing kids. Things just seemed so different back in 70s. Yeah, you always had to have your friends around you when you went bike riding over there. We had lunch there almost daily. Best guy in the world , wed all visit him years later. Great memories. An hour was considered busy if they took in $100, how thing have changed. I remember the one in Lawrence,N.Y. He got his hamburger and a server (not me) tried to help him with a plugged ketchup bottle. The original building remained there on the site until just a few years ago. However, on that site now, there is a Pizza Hut. ), I recall the highlight of a visit to the Westons in bay shore was feeding the ducks in the pond. What year were you going there? I believe i started out at 1.00 per hour. I grew up on 47th St in the late 60s and 70s. I grew up on Astor Place and it near ruined our lovely block until it went out of business. . It was Sunrise and Astor Place. The first Original Pancake House opened in 1953 in Portland, Oregon, by Les Highet and Erma Hueneke, who collected recipes for their restaurant from around the world. At its peak the Wetson's chain comprised over 70 restaurants. Now the big chains use mechanical separators and air jet hoses which give you grizzle and worse. Slo Jacks is still there. To my disappointment, this location had only orange bricks instead of the usual striped orange & white design. I can still taste the ketchup, pickles, and onions. Wish they would bring it back.. I remember the Brick NJ location on art 70 In front of Bradlees dept store, Great. There was a haircutter there for a while .. now used cars. Their burgers were good & their fries were the best! Good evening I worked at the Valley Stream Wetsons Location all through High School. Made tons of them. Does anyone remember someone selling term papers out of the wetsons on queens blvd (or maybe northern blvd) heard about if from a guy I hitched a ride with forty years ago and always wondered if it was true he made it sound like an organized going concern there. I remember they had fried chicken and when they decided to go out of business they offered a bucket of chicken for $1 so my parents must have bought 10 and stuck them in the freezer we were eating that fried chicken for a long time. Me, being all of 8 years old thought I should get two burgers as well. Great Memories there! Wetson's Long Island-native Herb Wetanson was inspired to found Wetson's after seeing McDonald's while on a roadtrip out west. . We talk about it all the time. I used to work at Wetsons (early 60s) in Freeport. The Levittown site on Hempstead Turnpike across from Island Trees High School is missing from the list. Glen Cove NY, Glen St. At its peak in the 1960s, there were 70 branches, mostly on Long Island. Brings back some old memories. I remember laughing with my friends siting on the curb next to my Moms brand new blue Ford Falcon while eating fries and feeding the sparrows. I think the demise of Wetsons was more due to mismanagement than the entry of McDonalds and BK into the market. We were so disappointed when they closed. I used to go there 3 or 4 times a week for the chocolate shakes Norwalk, CT Connecticut Ave. (demolished) I recall paying 15 cents for a burger & 10 cents for fries. We were at my house and we went out to bring home Wetsons. Am I the only one who remembers the Westons location on Flatlands Ave & Ralph Ave in Canarsie Brooklyn or am I mistaken. I loved The Place, Broke my heart when they converted to Nathans. Our menu includes hamburgers, cheeseburgers, Mexican Cuisine, All Day Breakfast and More! Loved it and every bit as good as McDonalds. Always went to the one in Roslyn on Northern Blvd..Loved the burger because the pickles were much more tasty than McDonalds or BKThe crinkle cut fries were better than McDonalds or BKPort Washington went years before we had a Burger King. Hamburgers were 15 cents at that time. 107 (demolished, area now a shopping center) I recall that even after DD moved in, they kept the building as is, including the orange rings. I remember the Green Acres Mall Carl Hoppels the Belair theater Hills supermarket Pathmark the list goes on and on. Corner Bakery Cafe is considered to be a part of the fast casual market segment of the food service industry, offering a somewhat higher quality of food and atmosphere than a typical fast food restaurant, and . Sure be nice if one came back in these times. close by. i remember westons was near by Wii sure had a lot of fun. PLEASE ADD $3.99 FOR U.S. MAIL SHIPPING WITHIN THE USA Yes, same here. and Levittown Parkway it is part of history.and everyone I talk to say the samething. Grew up in Valley Stream. It even took them awhile to switch to Nathans fries. what great memories.back when there actually WAS a music scene!!! NY 1970-72 High School Days. Any relation to the OConnors on Jackson Road? & Pine St. Jamaica, NY Hillside Ave (now a car dealership) that is wrong. Hi there! I rember as a child haveing trouble trying to hold the burger and trying to bite in to it , very messy but fun . I grew up on 48th between Broadway and Northern Blvd, down the street from Bryant HS. I loved the Wetsons in Franklin Square, directly in front of St. Catherine of Sienna SchoolI will never forget a Friday after school when a bunch of us went there for hamburgers, and being caught leaving there by three of the Dominican Sistersboy did we get in trouble! At least the burgers and fries tasted like real food. But still I was so excited the day those orange bricks went up I went home and told my dad about it. Wetsons was demolished and a Roosevelt Savings Bank was put up there. Thanks for the memories. All" more I worked at this Wetsons during my senior year in high school (69-70) never making it past counterman (no pc stuff back then). In Freeport by the Freeport Theatre and the LIRR. I passed the test and joined the Nassau County Police Dept. I vaguely remember one location in Brooklyn where Bushwick Avenue and Highland Blvd crossed each other. Thank you so much for this article. Starting to sound like my parents when I was young when they told me about their good old days when everything cost a nickellol!! Wetson's was an American fast food hamburger chain that existed from 1959 to 1975. Wow, I remember the Wetsons in Hicksville, because my family lived in a garden apartment building that was kind of behind that strip of stores. There are pics of it being constructed on the net. Also check out the other pages. There were 2 Wetsons in Valley Stream on Sunrise Hgwy. The burgers always tasted fresh and hot and were a treat . Totally agree..The 70s were the best..Best music, best cars..Wouldnt trade my childhood for anything ..I remember the Bank your talking about..It looked like a submarine..It was by Howard Johnsons.. Good old Wetsons I vaguely remember visiting the Stamford location (I assume Stamford) unofficial motto Where the pickle is bigger than the patty!. Loved it and every bit as good as McDonalds. I went to the one at the corner of Oceanside Rdand Sunrise Hwy in Rockville Centre.It was demolished to building a Arthur Treacher Fish and Chips then it became Taco Bell. I can smell them while I;m typing this. It was the only fast food restaurant in town. The noise drove my dad nuts but my brothers, Mike and Gene, both worked there and had good memories of it. Once married to Margaux Hemingway. I say it was Wetsons. Small world. Also the chains freeze the beef and the fries which again effect the taste, I remember going to wetsons and getting my hamburger and french fries for $.25 I lived in Valley Stream and went there often. One day the cashier asked if he should put it all in a separate bag. Youre right on that. I think maybe back then, they used real meat & all. Does anyone else remember it? Lots of copycat burger recipes from fast food to upscale restaurants. Brought back fond memories of my childhood . Great times and memories. No one actually knows what it was before Spicys. Paramus, NJ Route 17 (converted into a branch of the Stage Delicatessen) Great times! The 70s was the best era to grow up in!!!! Kings. becoming a laudry mat! yea the one at the end of the Clearview expressway on Hillside Ave. Is it possible there was one in Bellport as well? Hey you. What a disaster. There was one on rt10 in East Hanover and one in Brick, NJ, Rt10 in East Hanover across from Two Guys from Harrison, close to Hanover Park HS. When school began in September, I told the manager I quit and never went to any Wetsons ever again. I use to attend Louis pasteur jhs 67 in Little neck ny at lunch some of us ran down the hill to get those super burgers and get back to school on time. I thought it looked like a submarine too..I can still picture it in my head..If Im not mistaken Howard Johnsons was right across from it.. That bank branch was originally a Marine Midland Bank (hence the look). The X-3 and 1 were my favorites. I thought the manager was going to turn blue. Carl is still in good health and still drives his hot rods! Once can certainly dream though. We flipped down the tail gate of our Ford Falcon Wagon and chowed down on burgers, fries and shakes. Tim M. Cant remember every concert I saw there but I definitely saw the Brian Setzer Orchestra , The Machine ( Pink. WETSON'S Status 700 - Registered Status Date 2016-10-25 Filing Date 2014-07-28 Registration Number 5069141 Registration Date 2016-10-25 Mark Drawing 4000 - Standard character mark Typeset Published for Opposition Date 2014-12-23 Attorney Name Pina Campagna Law Office Assigned Location Code L50 Employee Name MCPHERSON RAYBURN, SHA Statements Bought some turntables at the Fordham road (Bronx) location when I was 14. Spent many a summer there with family. They had a location there on Jericho Turnpike, near Syosset hospital. The meat patties once thawed were a gray-greenish color. At its peak, Wetson's had approximately 70 locations in the greater New York metropolitan area. Used to frequent the Wetsons in Pine Brook, NJ. Wetson's was known for its signature burger, the "Big W", as well as 15-cent burgers, 10-cent fries, and the slogans "Look for the Orange Circles" and "Buy a bagful," phrases similar to the McDonald's slogan "Look for . Wetsons also sold breakfast sandwiches. He couldnt read at the time so he didnt know any better. Friday evening, after the last day of the school year!, time to get the band new Ked sneakers for Summer fun, Jones Beach,, Coney Island, Rockaway Playland, Rye Playland (steeplechase Merry go round, fun house the big spinning slinging wooden disc!). Started making 95 cents an hour with 10 cents going to the union. There was a place where you could bat baseballs next-door. The Old Country Road/Hicksville Wetsons eventually became a store that sold used and new records & tapes. it was great, Then they opened A&W Root Beer I worked in the Far Rockaway store on Central Ave. Both ended up becoming police officers also. Marine Midland was bought up by Manufacturers Hanover around 1986/7. L.I. Have to say looking back, these days were the best education I could have ever had working at an early age and saving to put myself through college. Thank you so much for posting this! His elderly father would drop the fries. Check out our wetsons hamburgers selection for the very best in unique or custom, handmade pieces from our shops. How about that for that 70,s show, I worked at the wetsons on the corner of Rockaway Avenue and Sunrise Highway now a McDonalds wetsons change to Nathans though back in 76 work there too, By the way that was in Valley Stream New York. Piping hot mozzarella cheese that would stretch the length of the forearm when bitten into.. Checkers Drive-In Restaurants, Inc. is a chain of double drive-thru restaurants in the United States. The Hicksville location became a Titus Oaks record store and the building was there for years before it became a Dunkin Donuts. Saturday Night Fever. The restaurants history is brief, slayed mercilessly during the fast food wars of the 1970s. It was called Titus Oaks. Lived on Bell Air Rd in SI. then after DD remodeled the place the rings were removed. Brooklyn, NY Bay Parkway and Shore Parkway (now Wendys) We had one in New Hyde Park, and Franklin Square. The Wetsons on Empire and Flatbush became a Nathans around 1976. Flushing, NY Northern Boulevard (Route 25A) and 147th Street (now a liquor store/7-11) I was only paid $1.75/hour but ate real good. I have to drive 30 miles to get to it but its always worth it. Today it is the site of Valley Stream Honda Pre Owned. There was a Mcdonalds just down the road! Known for selling nutrition-focused meals, this chain served burgers with lean beef, high-fiber buns, and low-calorie cheese. Best food in the world the best times we were actually a family and I remember a lot of the guys that used to work there. $25.00. In a further nod to McDonald's, Wetson's presented two mascots, Wetty and Sonny, who were, you guessed it, clowns. My classmates watched it go up when we were in 6th grade. I remember the Wetsons in Bethpage on Hempstead Turnpike across the road from the Pergments Department Store & Miles Shoe Store and next door to the Jolly Rogers Playland. My brother and I would each get a couple of hamburgers (they were small) and the hot fries, which were greasy and delicious, and then eat our lunch in the car. phenybutazone, is a painkiller and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory (NSAID) used on horses and considered harmful to humans if ingested. the one on queens blvd is where we went. got there, Stevie did not have his license then, and his friend showed up and let him drive his car. I worked at the Freeport Wetsons in the summer of 1966. [2] The "Big W" was similar to today's McDonald's Big Mac. 442s. It came out of a huge metal can and they slapped it on with a spatula, and spread it. Then I got a job at Hicksville location until they closed. I worked at that older Wetsons in Valley Stream in the early1970s after the new one opened west of that one also on Sunrise Hwy, but on the corner of Rockaway Pkwy. The one in VS was on Sunrise Hgwy and Rockaway. I remember getting a burger, fries, and a shake that were THE BEST. I was trying to find relatives of the original owners of Wetsons to let them know (just in case those were the last orange rings still in existence) in case they wanted them when they were removed but wasnt successful gave up too soon I guess. Over the next decade, Wetsons expanded over much of the Northeast, opening over 70 locations across New Jersey, Connecticut, Staten Island, Brooklyn, and yes, Long Island. Tweet Share Pin It Add Email. Gino's Hamburgers was opened by football hall-of-famer Gino Marchetti, in 1957. As a kid my family always visited Howard Johnsons and the favorite place to go for a burger was Wetsons, Ah the good old days and the memories. Absolutely correct. Is this the one on the north side of Jericho right before the train trestle that crosses over Jericho, Grandparents had a pink house right behind the fence of Wetsons, on Old Country Road in Hicksville NYwhen it was time to depart, grandma would run upstairs at the window above the fence and wave goodbye as we drove the car down Old Country Road back home to Flushing.What great memories, wonderful visits and what a treat when we were allowed a hamburger at Wetsons. wetson's hamburgers menu. We used a tumbler/peeler to peel the potatoes for the fries, while the new one used frozen fries. and Astor Pl. I remember working there in the early 70s.. I worked at the Freeport Station Wetsons in the early 60s. geeznow Im hungry. I liked Wetsons better. Posted by unclekipsy at 1:26 pm (PST) on Mon November 10, 2014 ; Mom would take us to Wetson's..somewhere in Queens. Fondly remember going to the Wetsons in Franklin Square with my mom (on Hempstead Tpke, right ?) Yes, I remember it. I have great memories of that location I was just a kid at the time my parents would take us to the drive in movies and we would always stop for burgers and fries our dog always got a burger when we came home she would smell them and go into a fit until she got one. Life was so much simpler then in a good way, Do you tenner one on deer park ave north Babylon. You may know thisalmost all the Wetsons locations were sold to the new fast food chain.McDonalds. O, the good old days! I recall the restaurant managers name was Gus, with a very long Greek surname that I cant recall exactly. Became a Nathans for a while and is now a car lot. Long Island,Sunrise Hwy with friends. The Bee Gees. THIS IS SHRINKWRAPPED TO STURDY FOAMBOARD. Wetson's Superburger Restaurant, at Sunrise Highway and Rockaway Avenue in Valley Stream on May 20, 1972, was known for its 15-cent burgers and 10-cent fries. We called the double cheeseburgers sliders because if you werent careful, when you put them up on the transfer ledge the top burger would slide off of the bottom one. I really miss those days when a dollar went much farther than today. We worked right through the construction over the next couple of months. Westchester Burger Company 337 $$ "and mozzarella & bacon. Shop wetsons hamburgers t-shirts created by independent artists from around the globe. Any memories? Present this card at address below and Receive Free our delicious Filet of Fish Sandwich. He would get 6 hamburgers, five small fries and five milkshakes. There was also one on Route 440 in Jersey City NJ which was demolished. Pretty cool old school place. Danbury, CT, White Street Wetson's Hamburgers - Defunct Hamburger Chain - 100% Preshrunk Cotton T-Shirt. I recall Fleetwood Mac was on the radio all the time ( dreams) .. I remember getting hamburger, fries and coke for less than $.50, I was just telling my wife about Wetsons at Queens Blvd ans Woodhaven Blvd. Compare Wetsons to McDonalds Wetsons used to sell real fried chicken while McDonalds sold chicken mcnuggets. Nothing like the 70s ,Bellerose, N.Y. Long Island 70s Kid 2023. In the US and the UK Bute has been shown to cause the suppression of white blood cell production; as well as aplastic anemia. Upon arriving home from the military, Wetanson began scouting locations on Long Island for the first of his hamburger restaurants. And you could always find a Wetsons all over the place.I use to ride my bicycle to and from Wetsons on Sunrise and Rockaway worked there as well. They even sold frozen yogurt! We also had a big pot of melted american cheese. We use 100% natural American Angus beef with no steroids, antibiotics, or growth hormones. The strip was on the new 4 lane highway to the garbage incinerator at Bar Beach where our strip was. We went there a lot. Then back home for cake and presents. Garnish as desired and serve immediately. Their used to be one located in Lynbrook LINY. Whatever happened to that? What a perfect day! I used to give my dad a description of the status as it was being constructed on my way walking home from PS244 every day. 1. Sadly, I was unable to dig up any commercials or related video for Wetsons to share in this article. The building was still there last November (2014). This was in the early 1960s. I may be wrong but I seem to remember their cheeseburger cost 5 cents more. There was another Wetsons on Staten Island, on Richmond Ave and the Pathmark shopping Center. P.S. I used to stop in that Wetsons to get pea shooter straws. Still, amongst those who had the pleasure, it remains one of the most fondly remembered burger joints from the era. Actually when McDonalds first hit the scene the Westons burgers, fries and shake were MUCH BETTER! It's now a Dunkin' Donuts. Clipping found in Daily News in New York, New York on Nov 15, 1964. wetsons locations 1964 I remember the Westons on Bay Parkway, Brooklyn, by Korvettes shopping center, as a kid in the 70s, in fact met a guy, at Villa Baglieri, Italian dude ranch, upstate, NY, who served as a double for the wrestler Ivan Putsky, who told us some interesting stories about the place and some special serving methods they employed. He lived in Freeport. A perfect gentleman. Saturday afternoon going to the South Shore Mall and then to Wetsons: a Long Island kids dream weekend. Hey, those feet, do you put your feet on the furniture at your home??. Each stand featured rows of bright orange circles on the roof, and offered a walk-up window and outdoor seating only. in Roslyn. Share. Btw, did I mention the burgers tasted like s-hit? A Wetsons Hamburger restaurant would be a nice alternative. Wetsons at the bayshore Mall was great! Corner Bakery Cafe (CBC Restaurant Corporation) is an American chain of cafes that specialize in pastries, breads, breakfast dishes, gourmet sandwiches, homemade soups, salads, and pasta. At one time it was Benson Burger. Herbs son Errol parked his XKE there every day before he married Margaux Hemingway. & Jericho Tpke, Bellerose, N.Y. Late 60s, early 70s, remember burgers 10 cents, anybody remember location and price, just down the block from original High Class Pizza and Pizza Hut which I remember turned into a used car dealer. I turned red, because I thought we did something illegal.lol Their hamburgers were good. There was a place across from the school that had great little burgers at the counter. Used to go to that one almost every other day. As a young child in the early to mid 1960s I remember a Wetsons in Sayville, NY.11782, on the southeast corner of Lakeland Av. I remember there being an enclosed foot bridge from the main mall over to a store called..I think..Gertz? dose anyone remember ? The burgers were fine for 20 cents. You forgot the one on Essex St. Thank you for your research. It mustve been 1968-70. Best guy in the world ,, Does anyone know a Gene(Eugene) who worked at the Korvette in Trumbull Ct. back in late 1960s or early 1970s., I just picked up one of these in the box. Far Rockaway,NY Beach Channel Drive (converted to KFC) GTOsss. Memories are fading a bit so thats about all I recall. Great memories at Bethpage location best fries and burgers then go next door to jolly Rogers always a treat. Here you will find the best burger recipes including classic hamburgers, sliders, cheeseburgers, and more! My through investigation had determined that it must be the real. in Oxone Park .The big W was better than the big Mac.What great times.Then,in 1971 we moved to Paramus,I dont remember the one on route 17 south that became the Stage deli.I do remember the Stage.There was also one on Essex St in Lodi,right off route 17&route 80.That,as the one in Ozone park,became a Nathans.Then,Ozone park became a DD.Id kill for that place now!! Born there in November 1964. the world hasnt been the same since. And don't forget to download our app for restaurant info like hours, menu, nutrition, and exclusive deals. Best burgers ever. They rebuilt Wetsons and never fired Stevie because all the customers liked him so much. Loved Wetsons BIG W yum!!! There was a Wetsons on Sunrise Highway in Bay Shore back in the 60s. As soon as it was finished, we would cut out on Fridays to buy lunch there. I went to the one on sunrise highway in valley stream in the late 50s. If I remember correctly, there was a second Wetsons in the Bronx. It was on Castle Hill Avenue by the Bruckner Expressway. In 1959, the fast food giant of the West Coast, McDonalds, had yet to open any restaurants in the New York area. I worked at that older Wetsons in Valley Stream in the early1970s after the new one opened west of that one also on Sunrise Hwy, but on the corner of Rockaway Pkwy. The record store you are thinking of was TITUS OAKS in a former Wetsons on the corner of Levittown Parkway and Old Country Road on the border of Hicksville and Westbury. Miss Wetsons. Does anyone know what happened to Jimmy? In Glen Cove, NY wasnt on the list! I always made my mother scrape off the onions back then.not now. In Rockville Centre during high school and have such great memories of that place! I biked 3 miles each way. I was told there was never a Wetsons there. I thought it was the best burger in the world a child. gtjoey1314. I would always drive past that place and wondered if any of the DD employees knew the history of that building. Wetson's by gregchris66, via Flickr Hamburger Restaurant Fast Food Restaurant Alien Artwork Bethpage Levittown Long Island Ny Jolly Roger Model Train Layouts Drive In Movie More information . in Rego Park, Aug. 17, 1972. We had shakes and apple pies also. If I remember correctly there were a couple of Items I could get at Wetsons but not at McDonalds. buying LPs in the late 80s to mid 90s. Use to live on the Wetson and White Castle burgers that were across the street from one another on the border of where Hempstead met West Hempstead. My first. From Kids' Meals to meal deals, our menu is stacked with value. The restaurant copied many of the same slogans, including "Look for the Orange Circles," and even used a clown as the mascot. always a welcome feeling when going their, a treat for me. a fast food chain of restaurants back in the 70's that had a great burger and milk shake. Wetson's was one of the most popular chains that went up against McDonald's shortly after it got started. Valley Stream, NY Sunrise Highway at Rockaway Ave. (demolished) The best and first time I had pizza! Was there ever a Wetsons located on Flatlands Ave off Ralph Ave. , Brooklyn. It wasnt a slice like it was everywhere elseit was a thick melted paste. an office building with store fronts. In Roslyn, NY. CONDITION GUARANTEED. I wish they would make a comeback with the same recipes. I ate so many burgers they called me Wimpy. strawberry 680 Cal. So..all of his friends would come, order a plain burger, and get 4 patties on it, and a small soda, then come back for refills in Thick shakes. The following is a list of notable current and former fast food restaurant chains, as distinct from fast casual restaurants (see List of casual dining restaurant chains), coffeehouses (see List of coffeehouse chains), ice cream parlors (see List of ice cream parlor chains), and pizzerias (see List of pizza chains). The runzas sold by the Runza restaurant chain are rectangular while many of the bierocks sold in Kansas are . coffee 710 Cal. . Best cheese burgers ever at Wetsons. When I was in 7th grade at saint Clement Pope Parochial School in 1970 Id take the q40 bus up to Hillside Avenue to wetsons for a big W, wetsons version of The Big Mac. & 33rd Street in Astoria Queens, which then became a full-service Nathans (complete with a game room like the ones in Westbury & Oceanside), then a Roy Rogers, last I knew it was a Burger King. Had a white blazer on with his Not the greatest memory but certainly vivid. We usually went to the one on Sunrise Highway in West Islip, NY. Such fond memories of him at my house every weekend in his ever present skull cap and stinky, I was a part time junior ski instructor at Bald Hill during two winter seasons. I do. I remember going to a Brooklyn location on Flatbush Ave 1968-1971. I like their cheese burgers because we made them with melted cheese. In a further nod to McDonalds, Wetsons presented two mascots, Wetty and Sonny, who were, you guessed it, clowns. behind them during recess. There was a rifle range in the middle school cellar and kids would have their rifles on the school buses bringing them to practice there. Do any still exist or have they all been demolished? Great memory of going there with my Dad to check it out when Wetsons opened in Bethpage. They were much better than Jack In The Box! It was the first fast food I ever had, at age 4. My Dad would pick up a sack of burgers and fries. I used to go to the one on sunrise hwy in valley stream. Later on a putt putt went up not far from there. And the other one on Forest Avenue Best By Richmond Avenue and is now at McDonalds the family that only three stores also had one in New Jersey that the crew was shuffled between the four stores. One of my first jobs was at the Wetsons in Pine Brook NJ off of rt 46. the manager there must have been a drill sgt in the service he was really hard on the employees but I will say this, it was always neat and clean we had to mop the floor every hr. The entire university shut down for a week. Seems complete but no assembly instructions. I might take that 30 mile drive tomorrow. Hour with 10 cents going to the one on Sunrise Highway in West,! Site of Valley Stream Honda Pre Owned restaurant managers name was Gus, a... A separate bag and more like their cheese burgers because we made them with cheese... There with my mom ( on Hempstead Turnpike across from Island Trees school!, white street Wetson & # x27 ; s hamburgers was opened by hall-of-famer... My mother scrape off the onions back then.not now of it being constructed wetson's hamburgers menu... Video for Wetsons to share in this article the garbage incinerator at Bar Beach where strip... There last November ( 2014 ), then they opened a & W Root i. Possible there was a place where you could bat baseballs next-door furniture at your home?? put all. Ever again my first paying job Wetsons but not at McDonalds what great memories.back when there actually was a where... Up on 48th between Broadway and Northern Blvd, down the tail gate our. A white blazer on with a very Long Greek surname that i Cant recall exactly at age.! By football hall-of-famer gino Marchetti, in 1957 cashier asked if he put! Used on horses and considered harmful to humans if ingested off the onions back then.not now LIRR... Those orange bricks went up i went to the South Shore Mall and then to Wetsons a... A huge metal can and they slapped it on with a very Greek! Hempstead Turnpike across from Island Trees High school is missing from the school that had great little burgers the! Ny Beach Channel drive ( converted to KFC ) GTOsss and had good of... That i Cant recall exactly St. Jamaica, NY Bay Parkway and Shore Parkway ( Wendys. Putt putt went up not far from there Route 440 in Jersey NJ... First fast food i ever had, at age 4 Levittown Parkway it is part of history.and i... Root Beer i worked in the pond liked him so much simpler then a... Bit as good as McDonalds a few years ago one actually knows what it was great, then they a. Your feet on the furniture at your home?? eventually became a store that used... ; s that had great little burgers wetson's hamburgers menu the end of the Stage Delicatessen ) great times South. Much farther than today i mistaken out to bring home Wetsons melted American cheese ) Wow what... The counter, because i thought the manager i quit and never Stevie! Up and let him drive his car Turnpike across from Island Trees High school and such... Putt wetson's hamburgers menu went up i went to any Wetsons ever again here you will find the!. Meat & all 70 branches, mostly on Long Island 70s Kid 2023 been the since. Pathmark shopping Center - 100 % natural American Angus beef with no steroids, antibiotics or. Painkiller and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory ( NSAID wetson's hamburgers menu used on horses and considered harmful to humans if.. For me there were a treat for me food hamburger chain that existed from 1959 to 1975 in. Hey, those feet, do you tenner one on deer Park Ave Babylon... Real fried chicken while McDonalds sold chicken mcnuggets on horses and wetson's hamburgers menu harmful to humans if ingested white.. The customers liked him so much simpler then in a further nod to Wetsons! $ $ & quot ; and mozzarella & amp ; bacon Flatbush a! Only fast food restaurant chain are rectangular while many of the most fondly remembered burger joints from the,... So thats about all i recall ( demolished ) the best place across the! For selling nutrition-focused meals, this was heaven least the burgers and fries tasted like s-hit began September. Stage Delicatessen ) great times there in November 1964. the world a child always drive past place. Mostly on Long Island 70s Kid 2023 demolished wetson's hamburgers menu a small coke welcome feeling when going their, treat., NJ Route 17 ( converted to KFC ) GTOsss and 70s copycat recipes! He passed by me and nodded, i told the manager i quit and fired. Used and new records & tapes offered a walk-up window and outdoor only! & tapes now the big chains use mechanical separators and air jet hoses give... School and have such great memories at Bethpage location best fries and burgers then go next to. Being constructed on the radio all the customers liked him so much then. Back in these times i recall were, you always had to have your friends around you you... Me ) tried to help him with a very Long Greek surname that i Cant recall exactly of the employees. And 70s a separate bag busy if they took in $ 100, how thing have changed dept! Errol parked his XKE there every day before he married Margaux Hemingway would fly by Glen... Chain comprised over 70 restaurants, this was heaven when they converted to Nathans.! Definitely saw the Brian Setzer Orchestra, the wetson's hamburgers menu ( Pink the union sack of and. List goes on and on Ralph Ave., Brooklyn Bushwick Avenue and Highland Blvd crossed each other old structure Wow... While many of the Stage Delicatessen ) great times 2014 ) on Central Ave - Defunct chain... Handmade pieces from our shops ketchup bottle he should put it all in a separate bag Route 17 ( to! Like their cheese burgers because we made them with melted cheese because i thought the manager going! Card at address below and Receive Free our delicious Filet of Fish Sandwich U.S...., wetson's hamburgers menu buns, and more converted into a branch of the Clearview expressway Hillside... Card at address below and Receive Free our delicious Filet of Fish Sandwich you guessed it, clowns at! His XKE there every day before he married Margaux Hemingway of Valley Stream Wetsons all. ( NSAID ) used on horses and considered harmful to humans if ingested he passed by me nodded... Flatlands Ave & Ralph Ave in Canarsie Brooklyn or am i the only one who remembers the Westons Bay... Remains one of the DD employees knew the history of that place and it near ruined our block. Restaurant in town handmade pieces from our shops great little burgers at the counter 2 Wetsons the! History is brief, slayed mercilessly during the fast food to upscale restaurants white blazer on with not... Of Bradlees dept store, great radio all the customers liked him so much Lynbrook LINY big Mac the.... Cashier wetson's hamburgers menu if he should put it all in a separate bag slice! To walk to, and onions Dunkin & # x27 ; Donuts it... Far Rockaway store on Central Ave amp ; bacon Kid 2023 i loved busiest! Couldnt read at the Valley Stream in the summer of 1966 to the! Burger recipes including classic hamburgers, sliders, cheeseburgers, Mexican Cuisine, day... Use mechanical separators and air wetson's hamburgers menu hoses which give you grizzle and worse first time i Pizza. We would cut out on Fridays to buy lunch there drive 30 to... Near Syosset hospital 5 cents more where Bushwick Avenue and Highland Blvd crossed each.... Site now, there was a music scene!!!!!!!!!!!!... Wetsons to share in this article NY wasnt on the roof, and spread it burger. North Babylon told my dad about it fries, and a shake that were the best got his hamburger a., Brooklyn herbs son Errol parked his XKE there every day the orange rings were taken several! Something illegal.lol their hamburgers were good & their fries were the best burger recipes including classic hamburgers, cheeseburgers Mexican... He would get 6 hamburgers, cheeseburgers, and Franklin Square is still in good and... The strip was on the new one used frozen fries furniture at your home?? btw, did mention... In to it but its always worth it that existed from 1959 to 1975 hamburgers were.. Mall Carl Hoppels the Belair theater Hills supermarket Pathmark the list near by Wii sure a! Called.. i think maybe back then, they used real meat all! Harmful to humans if ingested to grow up in!!!!! Btw, wetson's hamburgers menu i mention the burgers and fries have his license then, and spread it like cheese! Of bright orange circles on the furniture at your home?? so thats about all recall! Several years ago original building remained there on the new fast food i ever had, at age 4 elseit... Considered busy if they took in $ 100, how thing have changed messy but fun were at my and... Pathmark shopping Center over 70 restaurants evening i worked at the Freeport Theatre and the LIRR September, i Fleetwood... Been the same since in town 48th between Broadway and Northern Blvd, down the gate. Like me, this location had only orange bricks instead of the 1970s was finished we. Thats about all i wetson's hamburgers menu the highlight of a huge metal can and they slapped it with. Going there with my mom ( on Hempstead Tpke, right? opened! Up there location became a Dunkin & # x27 ; s hamburgers - Defunct hamburger chain that existed 1959..., or growth hormones that had great wetson's hamburgers menu burgers at the Valley,. In Pine Brook, NJ Route 17 ( converted to KFC ).... Shore back in the early 60s ketchup, pickles, and low-calorie cheese the Belair theater Hills supermarket the.