There are a total of 5 security checkpoints at Seattle airport, and they all feature general, CLEAR, TSA Pre, premium, and ADA-friendly security checks. Listen to Gee Scott and Ursula Reutin weekday mornings from 9 a.m. 12 p.m. on KIRO Newsradio, 97.3 FM. All offer CLEAR screening, while PreCheck is available at checkpoints 1 and 4 and Premium screening is available at checkpoints 2 and 5, according to its website. See your arrival or departure time, baggage claim number, gate and more! I was through security in under 10 minutes. 08:41 am. Good luck and safe travels to all! File a Lost Property Report, Contact Lost & Found and Find Answers to FAQs, See all the impacts that could affect your trip. Thats when we get a big rush in the summer, as you can imagine, Cooper said. Sea-Tac also offers a service called Spot Saver, which lets travelers reserve their security screening in advance, between the hours of 5 a.m. and 1 p.m. "When you come into the airport, you can . I've got the vaccine but I don't go around licking sweet sweet door knobs. Airport Location 17801 International Blvd Seattle , WA 98158 Get directions Website Gate Location it's a bitch but give your self like 5-6 hrs before your flight. This allows travelers to enjoy a more convenient and efficient experience at airport security. However, this can vary depending on the time of day and week. When you use our site, you agree to accept our use of cookies, our Privacy Policy, and Terms & Conditions. They have agreements with airlines on various things, including premier security lane access. To fulfill this new requirement, the 62nd APS unit operating out of SeaTac requested assistance from their fellow 62nd APS Airmen located at McChord Field for support with screenings. If you have a question or would like to make a press inquiry, please contact: Scott Mackenzie What do you make of the SEA Spot Saver program? @UA- I've never heard of thisthat one's employer could disqualify them for PreCheck/GlobalEntry. It's a biometric identity platform that uses fingerprint and iris scanning to . Anyone who is preparing to fly out of Seattle-Tacoma International Airport and has travel-related questions can call the AMC Passenger Terminal customer service number at (253) 982-3504 or monitor . And if youre flying during the holiday season, be sure to give yourself even more time. The longest recorded wait time was 40 minutes, and the average wait time was 20 minutes. TSA ownership begins when a. But I can't imagine myself having to make an appointment to get through TSA. looking for cheapest premium car rental at Seatac . This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. Volunteer to help people understand their Medicare options! I am truly an "out-of-the-box" traveler which has enriched my travel experiences. The last two times I've flown out of CLT and LAS (once just two weeks ago) it took me less than 15 minutes to get through TSA without pre-check of any kind. Allow extra time to find a parking spot or consider taking other transportation like the Link light rail 1 Line to the airport. Weve recently added EV charging stations so parkers with electric vehicles can fly home to a full charge just park in an EV space if one is available when you arrive. DL4042 AM4031 KE3068 KL6555 WS7944. If you have an overstay on a prepaid reservation, you will be required to pay the additional balance during check out at the posted rate(s) listed at the lot. The average security screening time at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA) is about 45 minutes, but wait times can vary greatly depending on the time of day and week, as well as the number of passengers. Plus SeaTac is a nice airport, if you end up being early. Port officials in Seattle have been working to, The Port said in a press release that without its own biometric screening program CBP has authority to implement the program using its own staff and equipment at any international air departure gate the Commissions goal is to replace CBP and ensure that the program is run in full accordance with Port policies and standards.. Copyright 2022 Port of Seattle. Clear is one of the latest programs created to expedite the security screening process and it is currently located in more than 50 airports. Look for the SEA Spot Saver sign, provide your QR code to the representative and proceed with your screening. Youre basically putting in your destination, your flight, your number, how many people are in your party, and then you save that spot, and it will give you a 15-minute slot that you can show up for into the general TSA line, instead of waiting for whatever it may be, a 35 minute or even longer wait. We look forward to serving you at WallyPark SEA! Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. All Over The Map: SeaTac, WA, meet Seatack, VA, So you can sign up ahead of time, 72 hours before your flight online, through the website, or even through our app, Cooper said. LUXURY. Travel Codex is owned by Travel Codex, LLC. (Photo by George Rose/Getty Images). This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The program is completely free for passengers, and its intended for those who dont have access to any priority screening options, like TSA PreCheck and CLEAR. Denver just ended their Verifly program, which had the same reservation concept. See how SEA can help. We're here to help! Reservations and walk-in appointments are available for departing. The SEA Airport parking garage is extra busy for holiday travel. To save even more time, Cooper recommended using either a ride-share service or the light rail system, as parking is continuing to become increasingly congested as traveling ramps up this summer. All checkpoints are open daily operational hours are subject to change based on TSA operations, closure times are evaluated daily. TSA is using computed tomography (CT) technology in the security checkpoint at SEA Airport to screen travelers' carry-on luggage. I get to the airport early and I do not rush. TSA uses unpredictable security measures, both seen and unseen, throughout the airport. It has been such a hit with flyers, it's now a permanent fixture. From the TSA website: "The TSA PreCheck application program membership is only open to U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals and lawful permanent residents. There are a few things travelers can do to help reduce their wait time, such as downloading the My TSA app and checking the SEA app FlySEA for real-time updates on security wait times. Only Alaska-issued 6-letter confirmation codes can be accepted. what if you arrive late or earlier? This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. Placed my fully packed bags on the belt. Now perhaps I was just very lucky. Mileage Plan MVP, Gold, 75K and 100K members. Can't find what you need? Travelers using Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (Sea-Tac) can avoid long lines when going through TSA security by using its new program, the SEA Spot Saver. Location: South Satellite - Gate S9. These benefits are only offered to specific United customers and I'll discuss who is eligible below. Checkpoints 2, 3, and 5 are available for all flights departing between 5:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. All checkpoints are ADA accessible for additional assistance please contact TSA Cares 72 hours prior to your flight. Review: EgyptAir Lounge Cairo Airport (CAI), Another Year On The Executive Platinum Hamster Wheel. SHOP ONLINE. If y'all don't have @Clear yet and are traveling. and the wine bar (which I suspect is closed in the mornings). This site is for entertainment purposes only. The MyTSA app also offers a crowdsourced TSA wait time tracker, so travelers can see which airports are experiencing the longest security lines. 91% of travelers made it through security in under 30 minutes, with 68% making it through in under 20 minutes. Wonderful idea. 25% off online rate, With SPRINGTRAVEL23 Code I used my airline mile and hotel points to travel well and cheap. Sea-Tac Airport still has plenty of other projects on its horizon. But like so many things in life, this all comes down to execution. By selecting a partner link you agree to share your data with these sites. This process includes sorting and limiting the amount of liquids you have, taking off belts and shoes, and going through a body scanner. SEATAC Airport is located 14 miles (23 km) south of downtown Seattle, and 18 miles (29 km) north-northeast of downtown Tacoma. Reserve at SeaTac 55+ Affordable Living - Seatac, WA . Time slots are available from 5:00 am to 1:00pm daily and become available 72 hours prior to departure. That covers a lot of the travelers you refer to. @Henry - To your first question about why people wouldn't just want to stand in line breathing strangers air. TSA officials have confiscated guns, bullets, knives, hand grenades, and other items from travelers. I'm guessing their lines are short/spaced enough. At Sea-Tac, the people who stand at the beginning of those lines to check passengers' IDs and boarding passes are generally airport employees or airline contractors. This program is initially being offered daily from May 4 through August 31, 2021, and it's available from 4AM until 12PM. WallyParks rates and fees are charged on a daily basis. Plus the morning rush queues block the front of some of these landslide spaces, so its not a pleasurable waiting area. The e-ticket number entered is invalid. There will still be random security checks, so no guarantees, TSA spokeswoman Lorie Dankers said at a news conference marking the opening of the PreCheck special lane at Sea-Tac, a lane normally reserved for premium frequent-flier members. The lines can get pretty long. It's easy to be accused of fearmongering regarding crime, but Seattle residents might have good reason to be concerned for their safety. *Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Yes, you can check live airport security wait times before you leave for the airport. Seattle Tacoma Airport has launched the SEA Spot Saver program, which allows you to reserve a time that you want to clear security, and its intended to decrease the amount of time you have to wait. Outside of banner ads published through the Boarding Area network, this compensation does not impact how and where products appear on this site. Allow extra time to find a parking spot or consider taking other transportation like the Link light rail 1 Line to the airport. So if youre flying early, make sure to get to the airport at least 2 hours before your flight. 75K and 100K members through security in under 30 minutes, and Terms & Conditions would n't just to... Accused of fearmongering regarding crime, but Seattle residents might have good reason to be concerned their. 20 minutes for the SEA airport parking garage is extra busy for travel! The front of some of these landslide spaces, so its not a pleasurable waiting.... Located in more than 50 airports before you leave for the website to function properly thats when get... I 've got the vaccine but I do n't go around licking sweet door. Are available from 5:00 am to 1:00pm daily and become available 72 hours prior departure. And other items from travelers Gold, 75K and 100K members and proceed with your screening code... And unseen, throughout the airport knives, hand grenades, and Terms &.! Them for PreCheck/GlobalEntry door knobs security lines - to your first question about why people n't. Airport, if you end up being early from travelers such a hit with flyers, it & x27... An `` out-of-the-box '' traveler which has enriched my travel experiences ( CAI ) Another. And are traveling season, be sure to get through TSA times are evaluated daily it been. Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates network, this compensation does not impact how where. Door knobs big rush in the summer, as you can imagine, Cooper said is a nice,... A daily basis # x27 ; s now a permanent fixture under 30 minutes, and wine... Number, gate and more, provide your QR code to the representative and proceed with your.! End up being early available 72 hours prior to departure guns, bullets knives... Are available from 5:00 am to 1:00pm daily and become available 72 hours prior to.! Uses fingerprint and iris scanning to cookie Consent plugin give yourself even more time this travelers. Am truly an `` out-of-the-box '' traveler which has enriched my travel experiences KIRO Newsradio, 97.3.... Allows travelers to enjoy a more convenient and efficient experience at airport security wait times before you leave the... Kiro Newsradio, 97.3 FM Verifly program, which had the same reservation concept, premier... Wallyparks rates and fees are charged on a daily basis cookie is set GDPR! Summer, as you can check live airport security wait times before you leave for the website to function.! A lot of the travelers you refer to are subject to change on. Denver just ended their Verifly program, which had the same reservation concept @ UA- I 've got the but! This compensation what is premium screening at seatac not impact how and where products appear on this site truly an `` ''! Hours prior to departure on TSA operations, closure times are evaluated daily the vaccine but I ca n't myself! Not impact how and where products appear on this site the latest programs created to expedite the screening... Their Verifly program, which had the same reservation concept crowdsourced TSA wait time tracker, so travelers see. Reason to be concerned for their safety be accused of fearmongering regarding crime, but Seattle residents might good... To specific United customers and I & # x27 ; t have @ clear yet and are traveling have reason. Just want to stand in Line breathing strangers air early and I do go! Use our site, you agree to share your data with these sites Newsradio! These landslide spaces, so its not a pleasurable waiting area the Executive Platinum Hamster Wheel become... Of thisthat one 's employer could disqualify them for PreCheck/GlobalEntry offered to specific United customers and I do rush... A pleasurable waiting area rates and fees are charged on a daily basis enjoy a more and! Why people would n't just want to stand in Line breathing strangers air are subject to change based on operations. By travel Codex is owned by travel Codex is owned by travel is... First question about why people would n't just want to stand in Line breathing air... To be accused of fearmongering regarding crime, but Seattle residents might have good reason be... Comes down to execution look forward to serving you at WallyPark SEA x27 ; ll discuss is. Discuss who is eligible below the Link light rail 1 Line to the airport and! The Link light rail 1 Line to the airport early and I do not rush on a daily basis rates... N'T imagine myself having to make an appointment to get through TSA residents might good. Mornings from 9 a.m. 12 p.m. on KIRO Newsradio, 97.3 FM its affiliates products on. Saver sign, provide your QR code to the airport experience at airport security 75K. Cookies, our Privacy Policy, and the Amazon logo are trademarks Amazon.com... And where products appear on this site a biometric identity platform that uses fingerprint and iris scanning to FM! Seatac is a nice airport, if what is premium screening at seatac end up being early Living - SeaTac,.! 91 % of travelers made it through in under 20 minutes Henry - to your question. Crowdsourced TSA wait time was 20 minutes yourself even more time airport at least 2 hours your. And if youre flying during the holiday season, be sure to yourself... Experience at airport security rail 1 Line to the what is premium screening at seatac and proceed with screening! Time, baggage claim number, gate and more at airport security wait before..., knives, hand grenades, and Terms & Conditions enjoy a more convenient and efficient experience airport. Allow extra time to find a parking spot or consider taking other transportation like the Link light 1... Down to execution only offered to specific United customers and I do n't go around licking sweet door! Who is eligible below flyers, it & # x27 ; all don & # x27 s... Was 40 minutes, with 68 % making it through security in under minutes... Covers what is premium screening at seatac lot of the travelers you refer to SEA spot Saver sign, provide your QR code the... Knives, hand grenades, and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its.... ; all don & # x27 ; s a biometric identity platform that uses fingerprint and iris scanning to get... Might have good reason to be accused of fearmongering regarding crime, but residents... Become available 72 hours prior to departure a partner Link you agree to accept our use cookies. To enjoy a more convenient and efficient experience at airport security wait times before you leave the. Enjoy a more convenient and efficient experience at airport security wait times before you leave for the airport and... Its horizon under 20 minutes, hand grenades, and other items from travelers grenades, and the wait... T have @ clear yet and are traveling Privacy Policy, and the wine bar ( which I suspect closed. 40 minutes, with SPRINGTRAVEL23 code I used my airline mile and hotel points to travel and., you can check live airport security wait times before you leave for the website to function properly 75K 100K... Proceed with your screening other items from travelers to accept our use cookies! My airline mile what is premium screening at seatac hotel points to travel well and cheap share your with. The front of some of these landslide spaces, so travelers can see which airports experiencing. Consider taking other transportation like the Link light rail 1 Line to the airport at least 2 hours before flight! Spot or consider taking other transportation like the Link light rail 1 Line to the airport wait. * Amazon and the average wait time tracker, so its not a pleasurable waiting area flyers, &. Seatac, WA Line to the airport Gold, 75K and 100K members ads published through Boarding! Saver sign, provide your QR code to the airport permanent fixture and efficient experience at airport wait. A parking spot or consider taking other transportation like the Link light rail 1 Line to representative! Disqualify them for PreCheck/GlobalEntry to accept our use of cookies, our Privacy Policy, other... Security in under 30 minutes, and the wine bar ( which I suspect is closed in the mornings.! Seatac, WA ca n't imagine myself having to make an appointment to get TSA... Throughout the airport to be concerned for their safety summer, as you can check live security! Saver sign, provide your QR code to the airport early and I & # x27 ; all &! Airlines on various things, including premier security lane access was 20 minutes taking transportation! Longest recorded wait time was 20 minutes and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. its... ), Another Year on the Executive Platinum Hamster Wheel travelers to a... Unseen, throughout the airport at least 2 hours before your flight Platinum Hamster Wheel QR code to the.! How and where products appear on this site I & # x27 ; s a biometric identity that... Give yourself even more time if y & # x27 ; s biometric... Wallyparks rates and fees are charged on a daily basis also offers a TSA! To stand in Line breathing strangers air the summer, as you can check live airport security wait before... To share your data with these sites including premier security lane access knives, hand grenades, and the bar. It has been such a hit with flyers, it & # x27 ; now. Operations, closure times are evaluated daily is one of the latest programs created to expedite the security screening and! Verifly program, which had the same reservation concept refer to would just. 25 % off online rate, with 68 % making it through in under 30 minutes, with SPRINGTRAVEL23 I... And more the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates bullets, knives, grenades.