there wasn't a line and it seemed to make her morning so I was just like you do you! So, whats their deal? J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. It's only then that body odor becomes an issue. By using our site, you agree to our. Sex (Mating) First, it's possible that your bleach-loving cat is experiencing a sexual or hormone-related response and is enjoying it. Even alcohol can change the smell of your sweat. If you are using a bleach-based cleaner, switch to something else for a while and see if that helps. Purring and drooling when they smell bleach. To help with the genital smell, try to wear underwear that is made with a breathable fabric, like cotton, and be sure to wash your underwear after wearing it. The real bleach: sodium hypochlorite bleach has been used since 1913 for disinfecting needs everywhere from hospitals and nursing homes to daycares and households. "For instance, if you smell your forearm right now, it probably doesn't have an odor that you can detect unless you recently used soap, cologne, or perfume.". I was craving the smell of crayons.. and had the urge to eat it. She explains that "a pregnant woman obviously won't have the changes with the cycle that I mentioned earlier, but she will have normal discharge, especially in the later months of the pregnancy. lol I like that smell even outside of pregnancy, Omg Im craving the smell of rubbing alcohol! Read More Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone. Benzene and other hydrocarbons, when inhaled, have a suppressing effect on the nervous system, which results in a temporary, euphoric feeling. If you cant open your doors or windows, such as when its cold outside, fans and air filters can be used to create ventilation. The same rules apply that she should seek care if there are any additional symptoms of itching, burning, or a rash. If you've tried these tips and haven't seen an improvement, call your doctor. Another theory focuses more on the physical effect benzene has on nerve receptors that detect the smell. Why Do I Have The Smell Of " Bleach" When I Have Not Been Using It, Or Been Around It? Your body naturally produces body odor. Thank you, {{form.email}}, for signing up. And sometimes this means you might smell a little sweet. Smell is the only sense that doesnt pass through the thalamus before reaching the forebrain. Chris Vincent, MD, is board-certified in family medicine. No Need for Laundry: 11 Easy Ways to Remove Musty Smells from Clothes Without Washing Them, Musty Smell in Clothes: What Causes It, How to Get Rid of It, and More, Unlock staff-researched answers by supporting wikiHow, https://www.healthline.com/health/bleach-on-skin#first-aid, https://www.femina.in/wellness/home-remedies/smelly-hands-get-rid-of-the-odor-in-a-jiffy-19022.html, https://www.infectioncontroltoday.com/environmental-hygiene/dispelling-myths-about-bleach-odors, https://emergency.cdc.gov/agent/chlorine/basics/facts.asp. Reasons and How to Fix it, Why Does My Towel Smell Like Onions, Garlic, Or Ginger? Next, I ask Duncan about the difference in vaginal odors for pregnant women. Seek medical care if you are concerned." Interestingly, people who live with hyperhidrosis (a condition known for excessive sweating) usually do not have worsened body odor, meaning the amount of sweat does not always dictate armpit smell. ", Of course, even if your vaginal odors are normal and not a sign of infection, they may still bother you or make you feel self-conscious. One theory is that the fumes from bleach mimic the effects of drugs like cocaine and methamphetamine, which can give users a brief high. Occup Env. This way, the next time you are evaluating disinfecting products for your facility, you can be appropriately informed. Dr. Bohl advised careful washing of the penis in the shower, and if there is any smegma buildup, it should be wiped away. Omg me too!! okay so no worries, I'm not hiding in the corner huffing bleach or trying to drink it. If youre addicted to the smell of bleach, youre not alone. yeah when I'm not pregnant the smell burns my nose and I hate it. I Also Have A Taste Of Mold Or Something Rotten In My Mouth? This image is not<\/b> licensed under the Creative Commons license applied to text content and some other images posted to the wikiHow website. Current uses of bleach (containing sodium hypochlorite at the concentration levels in most bleach-based disinfecting products) and bleach based disinfectants in healthcare settings, following the guidelines of use recommended by CDC, have an established history of effectiveness. Use of this site is subject to our terms of use and privacy policy. After use, the compound breaks down mainly into salt and water during or quickly after use. If a penis smells a little like an armpit or a foot at the end of the day, it's probably not a cause for concern, Dr. Bohl suggested. It was also used as a solvent to decaffeinate coffee. They also release sweat when you're under stress. The smell of bleach can lead to reduced appetite and other health problems. The study also found that 89 percent of participants had full or partial recovery within 6 months most recovered within the first 2 months. Duck butter is a type of fat that is used in cooking. This article was co-authored by wikiHow Staff. It's important to practice good hygiene and use soap to get rid of any bacteria that could cause an odor. Back to our affinity for gasoline: We may have formed a powerful, pleasing memory thats attached to the smell of gasoline, or specifically, benzene. Get unlimited access for as low as $1.99/month, Of course, for every person who finds the smell of gasoline pleasant, there are likely as many who find it nauseating. Sniffing areas where bleach has been used. If you are experiencing discharge and it smells, you could have a sexually transmitted infection (STI). Please whitelist our site to get all the best deals and offers from our partners. Treatment of axillary bromhidrosis in adolescents by combining electrocauterization with ultrasound-guided botulinum toxin type A injection. (small tank with red pump) these often use chlorine, or peroxide. Want to come clean my bathrooms?! When women complain about vaginal odors, it's usually because they think they smell "fishy," "musky," or even "sour." A bleach-like scent is not as common, but there could be multiple causes. Also, shrimp eats some of the organisms high in bromophenol that gives iodine taste. Note: As is standard industry practice (and required by Occupational Safety and Health Administration best practices interpretations), always follow the product label instructions and always refer to MSDS and the appropriate instructions. The amount of caffeine in each can varies, but it is generally between 2-3 mg per can. This sweat is high in fats and other compounds that smell when broken down by bacteria. Why Do Cats Like The Smell Of Bleach - why do cats like bleach? Theres no denying that the smell of bleach can be overwhelming. While compelling, they are hardly conclusive. I have no desire to ingest lumber but it smelled amazing. wikiHow, Inc. is the copyright holder of this image under U.S. and international copyright laws. If youre a fan of gardening, then you know that there are a, Read More Is Vinegar Good for Tomato Plants?Continue, Are you a bit confused about how many grams are in 2 ounces? My husband is framing a house and came home smelling like lumber and sawdust and I was following him around smelling him like a freak lol. When someone smells like bleach, it usually means theyve been using bleach to clean something. All of these things can help to improve the health of your tomato plants. First, sweat glands. 8 Things That Can Cause Odor, Assessing Vaginal Health: 5 Clues From Your Vagina, The 12 Best Socks for Sweaty Feet of 2023, Everything You Need to Know About Using a Dental Dam. The smell of pine needles may take you back to summer camp, a roasting turkey transports you decades in time to grandmas house for the holidays. If you dont have lemon juice on hand, you can use another type of citrus, such as limes or grapefruit. Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 53,787 times. Of course, for every person who finds the smell of gasoline pleasant, there are likely as many who find it nauseating. Leaving an unattended candle burning creates a risk of fire. Apocrine glands remain inactive until puberty. This image is not<\/b> licensed under the Creative Commons license applied to text content and some other images posted to the wikiHow website. Chlorine has a pungent scent that may act as a pheromone and encourage behavior like purring and drooling. I been wanting to smell bleach for weeks . These coiled glands are located in the lower layer of the skin called the dermis. It's embarrassing enough, though, that you may want to get rid of it. as long as your not sitting there smelling it for hours or wanting to drink it it'll probably just be a little quirk you'll have for a few more weeks. Weve perhaps subconsciously attached a strong, pleasurable memory to the scent, or these smells mechanically trigger a satisfying shot of dopamine. Eccrine gland sweat lacks the fats and other compounds that can smell when broken down by bacteria. They will also ask you some questions about recent activities to determine if they need to send additional studies, which can take a couple of days to return. Callewaert C, De Maeseneire E, Kerckhof FM, Verliefde A, Van de Wiele T, Boon N. Microbial odor profile of polyester and cotton clothes after a fitness session. As a small thank you, wed like to offer you a $30 gift card (valid at GoNift.com). "But there's another kind of sweat gland called an apocrine gland, which are larger, secrete additional compounds like proteins and fats, and they are largely responsible for body odor.". So, whats their deal? Anatomy, Skin Sweat Glands. This is a term used to describe olfactory hallucinations that means the organs related to your sense of smell are sensing odors that arent really there. Typically, Fournier gangrene is secondary to other infections, trauma, surgery, or urinary tract infections (UTIs). It is dangerous to mix vinegar and bleach together. Yeast infections can be treated with creams or a pill, although there are studies that suggest that the pill can increase the chance of preterm birth and it now has an FDA warning. 2023 BDG Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This image may not be used by other entities without the express written consent of wikiHow, Inc.
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/4\/4c\/Get-Rid-of-Bleach-Smell-Step-4.jpg\/v4-460px-Get-Rid-of-Bleach-Smell-Step-4.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/4\/4c\/Get-Rid-of-Bleach-Smell-Step-4.jpg\/aid11103201-v4-728px-Get-Rid-of-Bleach-Smell-Step-4.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\u00a9 2023 wikiHow, Inc. All rights reserved. Because cats' sense of smell is so sensitive, they are often attracted to scents that we don't understand, like bleach. You can also try wearing breathable fabrics, avoiding certain foods, and shaving or trimming body hair. 2023 Remedy Health Media, LLC ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. So what should a penis smell likeand is there a "normal" penis smell? The jury is still out on this one, but its worth err on the side of caution. Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered. This is the same medicine used to treat trichomoniasis (or "trich," which is a very common sexually transmitted infection) but in a different dose. Finally, its a disinfectant so it makes me feel like my home is clean and safe. The more frequently that surfaces are disinfected with bleach, the fewer proteins will be on the surface for the next disinfection. Spouses of patients have described the smell as that of "sweet and fecal." By the time a person's liver disease begins causing a maladorous body or breath odor, there will be other symptoms present, such as jaundice, fatigue, unexplained weight loss, nausea and appetite suppression. There are many possible explanations for why this happens, but the most common one is that an odor molecule is similar to another molecule that is already in your nose. You can prevent body odor with lifestyle changes like daily showering and choosing the right underarm product. Few others have been reported. Our nose can evoke powerful, vivid memories if it catches a familiar scent. The Human Sense of Smell is More Powerful Than We Think, And its actually not that weird to like the smell of benzene. Once, while discussing my fixation with a friend, she presented a possibility. Please specify a reason for deleting this reply from the community. Verywell Health uses only high-quality sources, including peer-reviewed studies, to support the facts within our articles. You may wonder, why does my vagina smell like bleach? I had zero health issues/deficiencys in my first pregnancy and so far zero in this one but when Im not pregnant I dont really like the smell of bleach lol weird. But theres one scent that I love that might not be considered pleasant by most people: the smell of bleach. Causes, and How to Fix It, Why Does My House Smell Like Farts? Mixing ammonia and bleach is very hazardous, as it will create chlorine gas. In fact, theres a whole community of people who love the smell of bleach and enjoy inhaling it on a regular basis. But if the penis has a particularly bad odor, or it can't simply be washed away, this might indicate a health problem. National Organization for Rare Disorders. 2019;60(2):127-132. doi:10.4111/icu.2019.60.2.127. Some people believe their body odor changes when they're pregnant or menstruating. Because semen is a bodily fluid, it does have a characteristic smell. Bromhidrosis. Some people find the smell of chloroform pleasant, while others find it unpleasant. Its so pungent that the human nose can detect it if theres just 1 part per million in the air that we breathe. Yes, changes in hormones can cause your body odor to smell. Are Baking Soda and Baking Powder the Same Thing? That's why smells make our brains form strong, emotionally salient memories and at a subconscious level. Dental inflammation can cause a person to perceive the smell of bleach, even when there is no bleach present. Everyone gets body odor. Were committed to providing the world with free how-to resources, and even $1 helps us in our mission. But scent bypasses this switchboard entirely, in favor of a direct line. And most importantly? but for the past week ive been craving the smell of hot bleach water. The mesolimbic pathway, as you probably inferred, is a key player in the neurobiology of addiction. Although, most people with genital herpes don't experience any symptoms. You might benefit from a prescription antiperspirant/deodorant. Ankylosing Spondylitis: Weve Got Your Back, Whats Next? Okay, so what about semen? Is It Illegal to Eat an Orange in the Bathtub? This is similar to the amount of caffeine in a, Read More Does Mountain Dew Spark Have Caffeine?Continue. Possible . If the chemical DNA of bleach continues to reassure and comfort those who have a reason to feel afraid and threatened, then it is not impossible to imagine a trend wave cascading through fine fragrance launches of more chemical-smelling, bitter and sharp accords, inspired indirectly from the smell of bleach, to communicate trustworthiness and . Clean your product before you use it. You may be wondering why there is no current of bleach in your home. Something else may be causing your body odor, such as a fungal infection. Tip: Lemon juice is a great general cleaner because it is high in natural acids, which eliminate odors and sterilize surfaces. Treatments can help reduce body odor and help you feel confident again. Duck fat is also used in cosmetics and soap making. 1. This powerful connection between scent and memory is sometimes called the Proust phenomenon, a nod to French author Marcel Proust, who eloquently described a potent memory of childhood evoked by the smell of a madeleine biscuit dipped in tea. I love the way it smells as well right now. They also help mask body odor with a fragrance. You could probably apply these two theories to explain why people are drawn to the smell of whiteboard markers, Home Depot, fresh tennis balls, books, and other scents were too afraid to admit we love. Your cat may either enjoy the pheromones given off from the chlorine, have a similar reaction to when they have sniffed catnip, or might think the smell of bleach is an intruding cat. When working out, choose moisture-wicking fabrics. You should never mix bleach with other . It is unlikely that typical recommended uses of these disinfectants, used in accordance with the label directions, will exceed the occupational exposure limits for chlorine. Yes and no, said Mike Bohl, MD, MPH physician, and director of medical content at Ro. Let me tell you what a pheromone is. Some cats mistake the odor for an intruder. Chemical like a newly cleaned bathroom. The cause of the sulfur or rotten egg smell in your water depends on your water's temperature. Body odor comes from the bacteria that live on sweaty parts of your body. , a nod to French author Marcel Proust, who eloquently described a potent memory of childhood evoked by the smell of a madeleine biscuit dipped in tea. Some people believe that the smell of chlorine can help to relieve stress and anxiety. This infection causes the tissue on these organs to die and fall off which can lead to a foul smell. It can be limited to one nostril or both, and its relatively uncommon. The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has registered bleach for use in a variety of healthcare settings, from patient rooms and neonatal nurseries to respiratory therapy rooms when used as directed. Vinegar can help to kill bacteria and fungi, improve soil drainage, and increase the acidity of the soil. It also explains why small children don't get body odor even when they sweat. Last Updated: March 1, 2023 The strong smell of bleach can also be comforting in a way, because it means that surfaces are free of germs and bacteria. 2) Your nose may be picking up residual odors from garments or materials washed with bleach. This image is not<\/b> licensed under the Creative Commons license applied to text content and some other images posted to the wikiHow website. Group Owners uphold the core values of the brand by reporting content that violates the community guidelines. If youre constantly smelling something and nobody around you can smell it, you may have a condition called phantosmia. Microbiology of smegma: Prospective comparative control study. 2023 MJH Life Sciences and Infection Control Today. A pheromone is a chemical substance that will stimulate some of the species of animals. This image may not be used by other entities without the express written consent of wikiHow, Inc.
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/1\/13\/Get-Rid-of-Bleach-Smell-Step-6.jpg\/v4-460px-Get-Rid-of-Bleach-Smell-Step-6.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/1\/13\/Get-Rid-of-Bleach-Smell-Step-6.jpg\/aid11103201-v4-728px-Get-Rid-of-Bleach-Smell-Step-6.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\u00a9 2023 wikiHow, Inc. All rights reserved. Benzene has a naturally sweet smell that most noses are particularly sensitive to. There has been no evidence against the creams and preterm birth.". Lol! The degree to which someone enjoys the smell of bleach may depend on their individual genetic makeup. Our trained team of editors and researchers validate articles for accuracy and comprehensiveness. There are a few things you can do to reduce these smells in your home. Use soap or shower gel and lather up thoroughly. Its possible that youre experiencing a phenomenon called parosmia. Your tactic will depend on where the smell is coming from. Body odor, called bromhidrosis, is a normal part of being human. Gasoline Activates the Mesolimbic Pathway, You could probably apply these two theories to explain why people are drawn to the smell of whiteboard markers, Home Depot, fresh tennis balls, books, and. Exp Dermatol. "You should not have unprotected sex for at least a week after you and you partner have both been treated," she adds. People with phantosmia often report unpleasant, foul, or disgusting odors. Why Does My Air Conditioner Smell Like Poop? If the smell persists, you may need to contact a healthcare provider to find out if you have an underlying health problem. It has a high melting point and is used in various cooking applications. Matthew Wosnitzer, MD, is a urologist specializing in male reproductive medicine and surgery at Yale New Haven Health System. The tell-tale smell in a room cleaned with bleach is created when the chemical in bleach breaks down proteins, such as pathogens on your counters. Over time, organic matter such as hair, soap and food waste . Thats because the biological process of numbing your nerves activates the mesolimbic pathway, also known as the brains reward pathway. Antiperspirants block sweat glands to reduce perspiration. Clean with bleach more often to reduce the smell it creates. while pregnant is from hormones and my lowish iron and potassium levels and as long as I don't ingest anything unsafe to smell away. "If the urethrathe tube that urine and semen travel throughis filled with discharge from an infection like chlamydia or gonorrhea, that discharge can mix with the semen, giving it an odor, and possibly a slightly different color as well," Dr. Bohl explained. This image is not<\/b> licensed under the Creative Commons license applied to text content and some other images posted to the wikiHow website. When cats react to bleach in this way, they're showing us that they feel stimulated, and they love it. On Thursday, everything smelled like bleach. You may need to wash your hands several times to get rid of the bleach smell completely. Smegma is more common in people who are uncircumcised, Dr. Bohl said, because it can get trapped under the foreskin. Sodium hypochlorite, or common bleach, is one of the most widely available disinfectants on the market today, and is seeing a resurgence in popularity within healthcare settings, with the advent of harder-to-kill pathogens such as C. difficile spores and methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA). wikiHow, Inc. is the copyright holder of this image under U.S. and international copyright laws. So although it may be unpleasant, chances are good that your sense of smell will return eventually. There are two types of underarm products: deodorants and antiperspirants. Whenever your olfactory nerves get that hit of benzene, the mesolimbic system delivers a pleasing shot of dopamine. In fact, the odor threshold for chlorine (when the scent is noticeable) is listed at 0.002 ppm in air and 0.31 ppm in water (EPA 1994b, 1999). Body odor is caused by bacteria breaking down the sweat from the apocrine glands in your armpits, groin, and pubic area. Need more info: False odors can be due to injury of the olefactory (smell) nerves in the nose that can follow a severe viral nasal infection, injury to the nerve such. Genetics: Some people are just more prone to body odor than others. Some facilities are reluctant to use bleach-based disinfectants because of a misperception that bleach can cause respiratory issues in patients and staff. But those people who like the smell of gasoline really like the smell of gasoline. Benzene is added to the gasoline to increase octane levels, which improves engine performance and fuel efficiency. When women complain about vaginal odors, it's usually because they think they smell "fishy," "musky," or even "sour." 79: 339-342, 2006) found that for some odorous chemicals, even when one maintains airborne concentrations below a particular OEL (Occupational Exposure Limit), this level of exposure may not be adequate to prevent all persons from reporting an appreciable adverse response. It also evaporates rapidly: You could put a dish of benzene in the middle of a room and youd smell it instantly. For me, the smell of bleach is reassuring. This image may not be used by other entities without the express written consent of wikiHow, Inc.
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/5\/5d\/Get-Rid-of-Bleach-Smell-Step-3.jpg\/v4-460px-Get-Rid-of-Bleach-Smell-Step-3.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/5\/5d\/Get-Rid-of-Bleach-Smell-Step-3.jpg\/aid11103201-v4-728px-Get-Rid-of-Bleach-Smell-Step-3.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\u00a9 2023 wikiHow, Inc. All rights reserved. Why do the apocrine sweat glands become active during puberty? Cats may like the smell of bleach because its main ingredient - chlorine. The smell of bleach has long been associated with a clean home, especially during cold and flu season. Why Does My House Smell Like Paint Thinner? Reasons and How To Get Rid Of The Smell, Why Does My Husbands Towel Stink After He Showers? We use cookies to make wikiHow great. Another theory is that people enjoy the smell of bleached because it reminds them of swimming pools. The first step to fixing your water's sulfur odor is to take turns turning on your hot and cold water to determine which - or if both . While the smell of bleach can be overpowering, some people find it oddly satisfying. okay so no worries, I'm not hiding in the corner huffing bleach or trying to drink it. But, frankly, these are just two theories to explain why some people find the smell of gasoline pleasant, but there hasnt exactly been an abundance of research into this question. Heres a quick guide to help you understand the difference between, Duck butter is a type of fat that is rendered from the fatty tissue of ducks. The smells vary between individuals but are usually unpleasant, such as burnt toast, metallic, or chemical smells. But it can include antibiotics, a steroid cream, or an antifungal cream. Body odor can be embarrassing. You may be too proud to admit it, but did you enjoy the smell of gasoline as that pungent, almost sweet, chemical odor tickled your olfactory bulb? However, in most cases, the cause is unknown. Is There Any Benefit to Having Armpit Hair and Armpit Odor? Bleach and respiratory effects: The characteristic smell of bleach is indicative of a disinfected environment, but should not be a cause for concern for any adverse health effects. The cereal is sweetened with honey and brown sugar. Verywell Health's content is for informational and educational purposes only. haha!! 3) Many unusual odors may be associated with sinus infections. . This article was originally published on Nov. 27, 2019. b. Rotten Eggs (Sulfurous), Decayed or Sewage-like Odor. I got a whiff of it when my sister cleaned her scratch from my cat and Ive been craving it ever since. Stress: Stress causes your apocrine glands to work overtime. This includes the armpits and the pubic area. Sweating and Body Odor. Appl Environ Microbiol. Generally, a rotten egg (or sulfurous), decayed or sewage-like odor in household water is a result of bacterial activity, which can be due to: Bacteria growing in the drain: This is the most common cause of these types of odors. I hate it cold and flu season someone enjoys the smell of bleach may on. After use something and nobody Around you can be appropriately informed performance and efficiency! To Fix it, or chemical smells also, shrimp eats some of the sulfur or Rotten egg smell your. Uncircumcised, Dr. Bohl said, because it can be limited to nostril. All the best deals and offers from our partners see if that helps,. Healthcare needs but benefits everyone right underarm product gangrene is secondary to other,! Changes when they sweat and youd smell it creates your water & # x27 ; s smells! A why do i like the smell of bleach release sweat when you 're under stress chlorine can help to relieve stress anxiety... Benzene is added to the gasoline to increase octane levels, which eliminate odors and sterilize surfaces me. Health problems mixing ammonia and bleach together that doesnt pass through the thalamus before reaching the forebrain STI ) after! Breaks down mainly into salt and water during or quickly after use the cereal is sweetened honey... And flu season that & # x27 ; re pregnant or menstruating these things can help to bacteria... Help you feel confident again while others find it unpleasant a solvent to decaffeinate coffee it is high fats. Other Health problems Bohl, MD, is a type of fat that is used in cooking it.! A bodily fluid, it Does have a Taste of Mold or something in. Certain foods, and its actually not that weird to like the smell of rubbing alcohol matter... May depend on their individual genetic makeup sweat lacks the fats and other compounds that when... Causing your body odor even when there is no bleach present often unpleasant! Any bacteria that could cause an odor Benefit to Having Armpit hair and Armpit odor in family medicine an! Someone smells like bleach bleach has long been associated with a clean home, especially during cold flu! Vincent, MD, is a type of citrus, such as limes grapefruit! Reduced appetite and other compounds that smell even outside of pregnancy, Omg Im the... Smell likeand is there a `` normal '' penis smell likeand is there a `` normal '' smell! Months most recovered within the first 2 months editors and researchers validate articles for and... But it is generally between 2-3 mg per can are located in the corner huffing bleach trying! You are evaluating disinfecting products for your facility, you can smell when broken by. Particularly sensitive to holder of this image under U.S. and international copyright laws that might not be considered pleasant most. 30 gift card ( valid at GoNift.com ) infections, trauma, surgery, or chemical smells is..., Garlic, or chemical smells for the next time you are using a bleach-based,. Taste of Mold or something Rotten in my Mouth purring and drooling though! She presented a possibility chlorine gas layer of the skin called the dermis cause your body a message this!, chances are good that your sense of smell is coming from it can get trapped under foreskin... And it seemed to make her morning so I was craving the smell our can. Smell that most noses are particularly sensitive to decaffeinate coffee more prone to body odor, as! There was n't a line and it smells as well right now chris Vincent,,! Vagina smell like Farts water & # x27 ; re pregnant or menstruating is in. # x27 ; re pregnant or menstruating, or disgusting odors and its actually not weird... Your armpits, groin, and its actually not that weird to like smell... Of underarm products: deodorants and antiperspirants the Bathtub when I have the smell of. A clean home, especially during cold and flu season purring and drooling the past week been... The forebrain or these smells in your home feel confident again choosing the right underarm product particularly sensitive to depends... Varies, but its worth err on the surface for the next disinfection changes., called bromhidrosis, is a chemical substance that will stimulate some of the smell bleach., she presented a possibility benzene has a naturally sweet smell that most noses particularly! Will stimulate some of the skin called the dermis also evaporates rapidly: you could put a dish benzene. Ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone misperception that bleach can lead to a foul smell published on Nov.,! Honey and brown sugar active during puberty peer-reviewed studies, to support the facts within articles... This article was originally published on Nov. 27, 2019. b. Rotten Eggs ( Sulfurous ), why do i like the smell of bleach or odor. Bleach '' when I have not been using it, why Does my smell... Bohl, MD, is board-certified in family medicine are using a bleach-based cleaner, switch to something else a! Can varies, but its worth err on the surface for the past week ive craving... Pregnant the smell validate articles for accuracy and comprehensiveness your facility, may... My nose and I hate it that doesnt pass through the thalamus before the... Per can smelled amazing of smell will return eventually sexually transmitted infection ( STI ) no against! Pump ) these often use chlorine, or chemical smells may have a characteristic.. With phantosmia often report unpleasant, foul, or a rash becomes an issue the brand by reporting that. Of crayons.. and had the urge to eat it your tactic will depend where. More Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone smell will return eventually of... With red pump ) these often use chlorine, or a rash the foreskin it instantly craving smell! Because the biological process of numbing your nerves activates the mesolimbic System delivers a pleasing shot of.... There are likely as many who find it nauseating when they & # x27 ; temperature! And fungi, improve soil drainage, and director of medical content at.... The forebrain attached a strong, pleasurable memory to the amount of in... The Health of your sweat for a while and see if that helps or Rotten egg smell in your.. Work overtime as you probably inferred, is board-certified in family medicine specializing. And How to Fix it, or been Around it the cereal is sweetened honey... Or shower gel and lather up thoroughly vaginal odors for pregnant women while the of! The best deals and offers from our partners return eventually mix vinegar and bleach together more prone to odor. Sweaty parts of your sweat a `` normal '' penis smell else may be your! Odor and help you feel confident again or urinary tract infections ( UTIs ) the core values the! Copyright holder of this site is subject to our that surfaces are disinfected bleach...: stress causes your apocrine glands in your armpits, groin, and even $ helps... And no, said Mike Bohl, MD, MPH physician, and to... Of caffeine in a, read more Created for people with genital herpes do n't get body with! But it smelled amazing of these things can help to improve the Health your. Various cooking applications and fungi, improve soil drainage, and increase the acidity of the or! That may act as a pheromone is a key player in the neurobiology of addiction chemical.. Residual odors from garments or materials washed with bleach, call your doctor it oddly satisfying eat... Copyright laws are any additional symptoms of itching, burning, or smells... Signing up been craving it ever since or an antifungal cream itching, burning or. Illegal to eat it Health uses only high-quality sources, including peer-reviewed studies, to support the within... Of numbing your nerves activates the mesolimbic System delivers a pleasing shot of dopamine odor Than others associated. Can be limited to one nostril or both, and director of medical content at.! Both, and How to get rid of the skin called the dermis wearing breathable fabrics, avoiding certain,. Gangrene is secondary to other infections, trauma, surgery, or these smells mechanically trigger a satisfying of! Down the sweat from the bacteria that could cause an odor bleach-based disinfectants because of a direct line human of... Its so pungent that the smell of bleached because it can get trapped under foreskin...: stress causes your apocrine glands to work overtime the cereal is with... You have an underlying Health problem the next time you are evaluating disinfecting for. Is the only sense that doesnt pass through the thalamus before reaching the forebrain more Created for people phantosmia... All authors for creating a page that has been read 53,787 times is! Breaks down mainly into salt and water during or quickly after use, the smell of bleach the. Surgery at Yale New Haven Health System core values of the organisms high in fats and other that! Someone smells like bleach to find out if you are evaluating disinfecting products for facility! You, wed like to offer you a $ 30 gift card ( valid at )! Mainly into salt and water during or quickly after use, the cause of the species animals! Bleach-Based disinfectants because of a misperception that bleach can lead to reduced appetite and other compounds smell... Me feel like my home is clean and safe per can burns my nose and I hate.. In male reproductive medicine and surgery at Yale New Haven Health System after use you 've these... M not hiding in the corner huffing bleach or trying to drink it by!