Anything that has a lid or cap works. Your #1 Site For Whey Protein Powder Reviews (and more)! You can have smooth and delicious shakes every day by following these simple solutions, making it easier to achieve your health and wellness goals. A high-protein diet is very good for you and helps to promote weight loss. "name": "FancyChristine15", 8minutefitness.com is a participant in the Amazon Services Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Whether you're trying to add protein to your diet or trying to curb hunger pangs, the Premier Protein High Protein Shake hits the spot. } No amount of thickening or flavoring will save a shake that's past its best, so make sure you're not making a bad problem worse #1 Add Xanthan Gum This is by far and away the most popular way to make a protein shake thicker. However, protein powders can go bad weeks after their expiration. fargosk, August 13, 2018 in Gastric Sleeve Surgery Forums. I've had maybe 8-10 cases of Premier Protein, and this was the only time it happened. Premier Protein smoothies are a wonderful alternative for adding more protein to your diet or just as a handy meal replacement option, and you can make the most of them with a few simple fixes. $(window).resize(debounce(function(){ var newDevice = detectDevice(); if(newDevice !== cachedDevice){ Download BariatricPal for your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch! Received order today & its so thick I had to squeeze it out. On April 3, the FDA announced the recall of 13 Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals protein powders due to potential contamination with milk, eggs, wheat, or soy. "url": "https://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/418550-premier-protein-chunky/?do=findComment\u0026comment=4682519", "name": "lex2287", For the shake alone, with NO TOPPINGS, search "Lillie Eats and Tells The shake- no toppings" on My Fitness Pal. "target": "https://www.bariatricpal.com/search/?q={query}" function debounce(func, wait, immediate) { var timeout; return function() { var context = this, args = arguments; var later = function() { timeout = null; if (!immediate) func.apply(context, args); }; var callNow = immediate && !timeout; clearTimeout(timeout); timeout = setTimeout(later, wait); if (callNow) func.apply(context, args); }; }; @media screen and (min-width: 1200px) { .visely-widget-container.container.productpage { width: 100% }} "image": "https://s.bariatricpal.com/uploads/monthly_2018_05/CIMG0932.thumb.JPG.8a9b3d0e4ada993cc3ebc5cd6c1b0437.JPG", But, since sucralose can cause gut issues, if you have a history of having gut issues with artificial sweeteners, you should avoid Premier Protein shakes. I never had to shake any of my Proteins, including Casein, which is generally thicker than Whey, or any other powdered supplements for that matter, more than for ten seconds. cookie_path: "/", Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein Shake, Ready to Drink, Gluten Free, 24g Protein, Chocolate, 11 Fl Oz, 12 Count. csrfKey: "ad0ceaa1ed42fad7118030e860cee40c", ), Pump Chasers: GAF Whey Review PEACH COBBLER Protein Powder. "url": "https://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/418550-premier-protein-chunky/?do=findComment\u0026comment=4681527", Return them--you somehow got a a bad batch. mapApiKey: '', It's best to get your daily protein requirements from real food instead. I was 266 pounds. The sugar content is low too, as the company sticks to just 1 gram of sugar in all of their shakes. Sweet & Satisfying. "addressLocality": null, Sodium:210 mg. Potassium: 450 mg. Total Carbs: 5 grams. I assume this is the right consistency. cartons and the powder cafe latte flavor Premier Protein from Target. In a separate bowl, mix the heavy whipping cream with a pinch of sea salt until frothy . Not only are you looking for the most protein for your buck, but you're also looking out for good taste too. If you contact Premier Protein directly, they will get information from you off the box and gladly replace it all for you at no charge. // BEGIN Polyfill "dateCreated": "2018-08-15T13:18:12+0000", .visely-recommendation-item .spr-badge-caption {display: none;} Powders. "item": { "url": "https://www.bariatricpal.com/profile/330909-fargosk/" "@type": "Person", Using a bit less liquid can also assist to reduce chunkiness. "dateCreated": "2018-08-15T22:56:30+0000", Vanilla and cafe latte flavors only though so far for me. "author": { Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? In sensitive people, protein powders can cause constipation and/or bloating based on the type of protein and/or sugars used. @media only screen and (min-width: 384px) and (max-width: 767px) {} I stopped purchasing them. This ensures that you use the correct amount of powder and that your drink is smooth and delicious. I had the gastric Sleeves, done on Wednesday the 15th,2023. This creamy chocolate beverage is designed to fill you up and replace a meal, which can be a convenient way to save time without compromising your diet. If you contact Premier Protein directly, they will get information from you off the box and gladly replace it all for you at no charge. But what do you expect, you get what you pay for. Drinking a protein shake with lumps is not recommended since it may signal that the powder has not been thoroughly dissolved or that the shake has been kept or made incorrectly. "@type": "Comment", .visely-recommendations-container .complete { min-height: 400px; } I went away from the Premier shakes because I found that they get clumpy/chunky and dont thoroughly mix/re-constitute after a while (2 months?) googletag.pubads().collapseEmptyDivs(); If you want to make a thicker protein shake, add a few ice cubes first. My VSG is March 3rd. Use the hashtag #PREMIERPROTEIN. "text": "That used to happen to mine when i would but them in the fridge right next to the cooler, i thought maybe they were getting too cold? "url": "https://www.bariatricpal.com/profile/330786-lex2287/" "interactionStatistic": [ var ipsDebug = false; viewProfiles: true, "logo": "https://r.bariatricpal.com/uploads/monthly_2018_10/logo.png.13014fc8659df17527ebe62b18103bd0.png", }, in General Weight Loss Surgery Discussions. Its nothing special, but it seems people are still lost. Premier Protein. in Gastric Sleeve Surgery Forums, By baseURL: "//www.bariatricpal.com/", { Press J to jump to the feed. .ipsLayout_sidebarright .most-popular .visely-pagination {visibility: hidden;} googletag.pubads().refresh(); By Started Yesterday at 02:19 AM, By Allie Cat, February 7 "url": "https://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/418550-premier-protein-chunky/?do=findComment\u0026comment=4682240", If you enjoy Premier Protein shakes, you already know how easy and nutritious they can be. Didn't even offer to replace the product. }, I am so thirsty but water makes me nauseous. Started 2 hours ago, By Also, avoid freezing your shake because it will have a chunky texture. But you still want to enjoy a nice protein shake without the disgusting lumps. What some said are sure to get rid of protein shake clumps, but its all unnecessary. { if (classModifiers[2]){ .visely-pagination button { width: 1px; height:1px; outline:none; margin: 7px 7px; border: none; padding: 5px 5px; cursor: pointer; border-radius: 100%; background: #e3e3e3; min-width: 0px;} "author": { Getting enough protein may support healthy metabolism and reduce your appetite. Premier Protein Shakes. even if theyre still well before the expiration date. Here's your template for the ultimate Simple Smoothie: 1 Premier Protein Shake of your choice 1 cup fresh fruit, plus more as desired. Strawberry, definitely. Anyway. 5.0 out . Report abuse Andrea Pickard. Feel free to add more liquid if you like a thinner texture, or more ice to thicken. .visely-recommendations-container .product__prices { padding-bottom: 10px; } $(".closeMessage").on('click', function(){ }, "mainEntityOfPage": "https://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/418550-premier-protein-chunky/" In addition, I am not sure where to post this more appropriately in Cyclone Cup review, or in Protein Shake Clumps. The third offensive flavor was either chocolate or caramel. "@type": "Person", Well today was the first,time my Protein Shake tasted sicky sticky , sweet, maybe I'll have dilute it half-and-half. Now, create a funnel out of a sheet of paper. Or, like I said earlier, your protein powder is cheap. }, "mainEntityOfPage": "https://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/418550-premier-protein-chunky/" I am ready to return the 11 other shakes. }; }); var mappingH1; This also explains why the powders sometimes clump when you add your liquid. "url": "https://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/418550-premier-protein-chunky/?do=findComment\u0026comment=4681428", I'm not sure if srs question 01-09-2013, 12:13 AM #3 swimmerguy13 Registered User Join Date: Jan 2013 Location: vic, Australia Posts: 19 Rep Power: 0 $('.ipsNavBar_primary > ul > li:has(ul)').doubleTapToGo(); Peach Clear Protein Drink. They\u2019re nothing but easy and great to deal with! "url": "https://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/418550-premier-protein-chunky/?do=findComment\u0026comment=4682255", It is somewhat similar to Cyclone in terms of amenities it has screw-on bottom compartment that has smaller, removable tub compartment with two lids, one with three sections for your pills/capsules, and another for powder, which is good if you want to haul two portions of protein with you one in shaker, and one at bottom, in addition to other supplements. Current BMI20.4 as of2/13/2013 (normal for the first time in my life). ips.setSetting( 'remote_image_proxy', jQuery.parseJSON('1') ); 4.1 out of 5 stars with 208 ratings. Please try them again because they really are delicious. "text": "I guess @Frustr8 was the only one that got my joke huh? } On Thursday, plaintiffs in the protein shake class action lawsuit asked a New York federal court to approve the deal that had been struck with Premier Nutrition Group. Unfortunately, but expected, cheap protein powders tend to clump the most. Herbalifes is smaller, just 400 ml capacity, yet it has narrow waist, so its more comfortable to hold if you have small paws (like I do between S and M on work gloves like Youngstown or Mechanix). I have read where they had a few batches that were like that and told the customers to contact premier protein and they would replace the product free of any charges. Cons 1) Cannot be used as a meal replacement. Its happened to one case, I reached out and they paid me $40 as an apology. Premier Protein Shake - Winter Mint Chocolate - 44 fl oz/4pk. (I got some bars, too, and they were really goodgreat quick "something" for when I'm at work.). Each bottle contains 24 vitamins and minerals that nourish the body and aid in the maintenance of its immune system, in addition to 30 grams of protein. Read More. And in this post, Im going to show you all of them. .visely-recommendation-item a, .visely-recommendation-item a:hover { text-decoration: none; color: inherit; opacity: 1; } If your Premier Protein smoothie is too thick, it might be due to a number of factors, including using too much powder, not fully mixing it, or using a liquid that is too thick. var resizeWindow = function(){ var wClasses = "wDesktop wTablet wMobile"; if(detectDevice() === 30){ $("html").removeClass(wClasses).addClass("wDesktop"); } else if(detectDevice() === 20){ $("html").removeClass(wClasses).addClass("wTablet"); } else { $("html").removeClass(wClasses).addClass("wMobile"); }} .visely-recommendations-container,.visely-recommendations-title{-webkit-transition:opacity 1.5s ease-out;-moz-transition:opacity 1.5s ease-out;-o-transition:opacity 1.5s ease-out;opacity:0}.visely-recommendations-container{width:100%;max-width:100%;float:left;transition:opacity 1.5s ease-out}.visely-recommendations-title{padding: 10px 0;transition:opacity 1.5s ease-out;clear:both;text-align:center}.visely-widget-container .visely-widget-wrapper{position:relative}div.next-arrow,div.prev-arrow{width:25px;height:25px;box-sizing:border-box;position:absolute;top:33%;opacity:0;z-index:4;cursor:pointer}div.next-arrow.complete,div.prev-arrow.complete{-webkit-transition:opacity 1.5s ease-out;-moz-transition:opacity 1.5s ease-out;-o-transition:opacity 1.5s ease-out;transition:opacity 1.5s ease-out;opacity:1}div.prev-arrow{left:-15px}div.next-arrow{right:-15px} Also recommend the Orgain if you like chocolate flavor. Thick can be fine. One model is from, ironically, Herbalife (its almost two decades old and I used it on my fishing trips to mix bait slurry:)) and another is from VP Lab (supposedly British brand). "@type": "InteractionCounter", "url": "https://www.bariatricpal.com/profile/338095-fancychristine15/" } To avoid this, use the appropriate serving amount and the proper scoop to measure your powder.if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'8minutefitness_com-medrectangle-4','ezslot_2',124,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-8minutefitness_com-medrectangle-4-0'); Understanding the causes of chunkiness in Premier Protein drinks allows you to take preventative measures and enjoy smooth and delicious shakes every time. }, According to the press release by the firm and the FDA, the products may have been contaminated with the bacteria Cronobacter sakazakii, which is known for its ability to survive in dry foods.. "url": "https://www.bariatricpal.com/profile/338123-j-san/" But Im burnt out on Atkins flavors (never have a problem with those stored the same way!). "@type": "Person", $(".cPost .ipsComment_controls li.ipsHide:only-child").closest('.ipsItemControls').addClass('iIC-no-buttons'); After I'm done with my box I have 16.5 pounds of protein powder to get though thanks to the sale on ON powder. analyticsProvider: "ga", So heres how to mix protein powder without a blender bottle or blender (and still avoid protein shake clumps). }, I order this 1-2 times monthly & it has a very thin/watery consistency. "@type": "ContactPage", ;(function(e,t,n,r){e.fn.doubleTapToGo=function(r){if(! Read More. // Bug fix: The resize event is triggered when tablets and mobiles are scrolled, breaking the search bar in Android and Chrome }); document.dispatchEvent(new CustomEvent('viselyWidgetInit', {detail: { widgetType: 'TRENDING_NOW' }})); { Download BariatricPal for your Android Device. "url": "https://www.bariatricpal.com/profile/313387-chaosunlimited/" chiquitatummy, April 17, 2021 P.S. .visely-pagination button.active { background-color:#4c4c4c; } "image": "https://s.bariatricpal.com/uploads/monthly_2017_12/F_member_330909.png", { { One way to prevent swallowing all those extra calories and gaining weight may be to drink a protein shake just before or with a meal rather than as a between-meal snack. "postalCode": null, . The Whole Package. Some suggested putting protein powder in your cup first, then water. var relocateSearch = function(){ if (detectDevice() > 25){ $("#elSearch").prependTo(".ipsfocus-search"); } else { $("#elSearch").prependTo(".mobile-search"); } } } I shake mine before opening and after taking a gulp. No problems with the caramel or vanilla I currently use in my coffee. An artificial sweetener in Premier Protein can cause trouble Facebook With tons of protein, a seemingly great taste, and almost no sugar, Premier Protein shakes and powders might seem like a great option as a nutritional supplement when you need one. Cholesterol: 20 mg. I only chose that because Im sure everyone has one. Keep your shake in a cool, dry area and avoid exposing it to extreme heat or cold. But dont worry, its not all your fault. Protein shakes make me nauseous and that's wreaking havoc on my skin, I'm starting to regret surgery a little bit. event.preventDefault(); Now, I dont think any of them are wrong. "userInteractionCount": 11 "text": "Well today was the first,time my Protein Shake tasted sicky sticky , sweet, maybe I\u0027ll have dilute it half-and-half. Depending on the batch, it can sometimes produce a shake that is completely foam - not even a little liquid at the bottom. "@type": "Comment", .visely-pagination ul { width: 100%; display: table; table-layout: fixed; background-color: #e3e3e3; margin: 0; padding: 0; } "url": "https://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/418550-premier-protein-chunky/", upload_imgURL: "", in General Weight Loss Surgery Discussions, By I only had it happen once to a case of cookies and cream flavor. } }); I had surgery in Mexico with ALO Baratrics & Dr Lopez on February 9th. And it makes you wonder how something so little can ruin the taste of an entire protein shake. "mainEntityOfPage": "https://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/418550-premier-protein-chunky/" GeorgieLynn Enter their last name below to start! It is packed with vitamins, antioxidants, and electrolytes to help rebuild muscles. Because Premier Protein combines both whey and casein, you can expect the product to keep you satisfied for several hours. mcipanda, February 23 If there's any protein shake this company sells that we suggest you stay away from, it's Oats & Maple. If you want to avoid protein shake clumps, get a blender or blender bottle. "dateCreated": "2018-08-13T16:40:58+0000", 4.4 out of 5 stars with 66 ratings. "@type": "Person", Proper storing and monitoring the expiration date are critical steps to minimize rotting and ensure youre drinking a safe and nutritious shake. ALERT: EQUATE PROTEIN SHAKES. ], var ViselyPage = 'index'; Theres many reasons for this. Bloating or fluid retention. \n\n", //setInterval(function(){googletag.pubads().refresh();}, 75000); Have Your Shakeand Eat It Too! Finding quick and easy sources of protein can be difficult as our lifestyles 8 Minute Fitness wants to help you achieve your health and fitness goals!! Not sure of the cause but I thought maybe it was the heat and/or the inulin/cellulose clumping up but I took the box back to Sams and they gave me a refund. I know there are some you old enough to remember that show and my reference/joke? The macros below are for the shake alone. // END Polyfill Will do my weight taking on Wednesdayto see what I have lost. 30g of protein per shake. in Food and Nutrition, By $(targetElement).addClass(className); You can read why here. It was disgusting to look at. setTimeout( function() { { "dateCreated": "2018-08-13T18:55:25+0000", .visely-recommendation-item .cycle img { top:0; -webkit-animation-iteration-count: infinite; animation-iteration-count: infinite; display: block !important; position:absolute; } "text": "This is very common in many Protein shakes.. it is where the protein settles.. it is not bad.. just is unpleasant from the texture. cachedDevice = newDevice; And this isnt just for a water bottle. In one container of Premier Protein Chocolate Shake, you can find: Calories: 160. "position": 2, Try the Orgain, its the best one Ive found and Ive literally tried hundreds. Any generic plastic water bottle. Basically the title. If bloating happens it may be that you are sensitive to lactose (milk sugar), which is common in less . Not sure of the cause but I thought maybe it was the heat and/or the inulin/cellulose clumping up but I took the box back to Sams and they gave me a refund. "@type": "BreadcrumbList", Cookies and cream, definitely (and no they werent cookie chunks ). "@context": "http://www.schema.org", I use two shakers, both with static mixer, yet, unlike Cyclone, its not funnel, but propeller-like, which is far more compact in terms of height. "name": "MIZ60", First, if you're constantly dealing with protein shake clumps, it's probably because you don't have a blender or blender bottle. .visely-recommendation-item .product__image { padding: 5px; position: relative; height: 215px; } ips.setSetting( 'emoji_cache', jQuery.parseJSON('"1"') ); "alternateName": "en-US" Every once in a while a caramel one will have a chunk of I don't know what in it. detectDevice(); "@type": "Person", With numerous studies proving that protein supplementation, as part of a resistance training programme, can maintain lean body mass and increase strength, adding protein shakes to your diet. "author": { Read More. "discussionUrl": "https://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/418550-premier-protein-chunky/", .visely-pagination ul li a { display: block; min-height: 3px; height: 3px; } "@type": "Comment", @media only screen and (min-width: 768px) and (max-width: 1023px) {} HW 240/ SW 229/GW 146/CW 125; OH Support GroupLeader As for blender bottles, I dont think you can ever go wrong with the classic ones. "name": "ChaosUnlimited", Short answer Yes, Premier Protein is bad for you. "@type": "Person", But its sure as hell better than cranking a spoon. Looking for the best protein shake can be difficult. To measure your powder, use the appropriate scoop and the indicated serving size. } But each time Ive done this (I do it when Im too lazy to wash my shaker cup), it never fails me. googletag.defineSlot('/15547294/BP_Sidebar_300x250_S4', [300, 250], 'div-gpt-ad-S4').addService(googletag.pubads()); Fall2021@ If constipation is the issue, using a protein powder with fiber may help. It may also help you lose body fat without losing muscle . "@type": "Person", It was disgusting to look at. } }, } else { var _d_site = _d_site || '91477E68AE0F3B83C4E72821'; Read this post to find out the 5 best flavors.If you want a protein powder you can drink all the time without clumps, then you might want to get Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard. I keep a box in the pantry and add them a few at a time to the fridge. You know this already. }, "name": "BariatricPal", var len=toLength(items.length);var A=isCallable(C)?Object(new C(len)):new Array(len);var k=0;var kValue;while(k