Methodology: One thing I've noticed is that as long as you are not doing anything to harm anyone else, you'll generally be left to your own devices. It was blighted. Property crimes that are tracked for this analysis are burglary, larceny over fifty dollars, motor vehicle theft, and arson. There was the ignominious . You can download the data here. The Chula Vista Police Department is always looking for ways to share information by empowering users to access data that is customizable to their needs. This is consistent with a decades-long downward trend in violence that peaked in 1992. Large back yard, dedicated home office, lovely weather, peace and quiet, clean and very low crime compared to SF. Regardless of whether Vallejo does well or poorly compared to all other cities and towns in the US of all sizes, compared to places with a similar population, it fares badly. A Google map search determined its on the banks of Clear Lake, in the middle of nowhere north of Sacramento. I've lived in Vallejo my entire life (23 years) but recently moved about 20 miles away to Concord. Here are the most dangerous cities in California. Demographics | Crime . It is available to the general public and users are given the capability to apply filters and compare all Part I crimes. I lived near the carquinez for 2 years at Bay Village Apts & central Vallejo. Good. If you are going into the city take the ferry. While daily property crimes in Vallejo are 1.56 times more than than California and 1.70 times more than the national average. Nick's the creator of the HomeSnacks YouTube channel that now has over 260,000 subscribers and is an excellent source to learn about different parts of the country. This is a nice place to live in. There has been major pothole issues in Vallejo for years and a few fellow citizens decided to take matters in their own hands creating a go-fund me where Vallejoans can donate. The place I can afford here compared to SF is unreal compared to what I had in the city. I am honestly a little shocked by the lack Of vision of the city planners. 5. So with high crime and lousy schools, how did Vallejo, with a population of about 121,000,become the nations hottest market? Attractions 2/10. This means that your chances of becoming a victim of any type of crime in VALLEJO is 1 in 16 if . We analyzed a significant sample of cities with similar populations like Harrisburg, PA and Joliet, IL, and found homes in Vallejo cost about the same. She used to list foreclosed properties for the banks that repossessed them. I have had to have the state Office step in twice already and I'm not done. I lived close to the downtown area for the past 3 years with relatively no issues. Discover your neighborhood's best match, anywhere. Many long final train rides, many, many. It's in a great location with easy access to almost the entire Bay Area and Sacramento. Vallejo, California, a small city across the bay from San Francisco, was named the hottest housing market in America by Realtor.com in June. Combined with record-high gas prices, workers' daily commutes are increasingly time-consuming and expensive so much so that . 6. . (). There is virtually no crime in this area. Next, we averaged the rankings into one Worst Place To Live Score. And now that there are water rations in place, residents who live here cant afford to water their cactus and succulent landscaping. The property crime rate in Vallejo is 3,333.7 per 100,000 people. As a former Vallejo resident I can tell you that when people refer to "the Crest" they are talking about Country Club Crest out by Six Flags (used to be Marine World). Population: 33,660Rank Last Year: 2 (No Change)Median Home Value: $195,800Unemployment Rate: 12.9%More on Adelanto: Data|Photos. My neighbors are seriously some of the nicest people I have ever come across and I can see the water from my house. Most interesting is theFBI graph below showing how crime in California had dropped, then began to rise again after 2014 the year Proposition 47 was passed, and then Proposition 57 in 2016, the Globe reported. 84.33% Above National . This apartment is located at 2000 Ascot Pkwy #612, Vallejo, CA. Don't overlook our amazing city. See the estimate, review home details, and search for homes nearby. But certain areas of the town can feel kind of unsafe and I'd be careful driving through most of it at night. There was the ignominious honor of ranking No. This region is policed by VALLEJO POLICE DEPARTMENT. City/Agency. Violent offenses tracked included rape, murder and non-negligent manslaughter, armed robbery, and aggravated assault, including assault with a deadly weapon. This list is a scientific analysis based on real data and is completely unbiased. Search this area. 1. While California is overall, a glorious state, it has some serious, glaring issues, just like most other states. View homes for sale, photos, maps, school ratings and more at neighborhoods.com. When you click through real estate links on our site, we earn an affiliate commission. A study newly released by the California-based law offices of Graham Donath lists Vallejo as the fourth most dangerous city in the state. Violent crimes such as robbery and murder have risen by as much as 39% from 2017 to 2022. I think things are FAR worse than the stats show. In three years the only crime I have been victim to is someone went thru the contents of my car's glovebox, but I left my car unlocked that night. Continue with Recommended Cookies. Faraday Future, an electric car company, is in negotiations to open a factory and test-drive facility on a large property parcel. While it could be considered a bit of a weekend getaway for city slickers (maybe? Not to mention that the cost of living in Avenal is about 30% cheaper than the rest of California. I have resided in Vallejo for over 40 years and have never witnessed the city being in a state of despair, as it is now. What a dump of a city, i didnt realize how much this city was a soul suck until I left. Email [email protected] or follow @claretrap on Twitter. Year over year violent crime in Vallejo has increased by 17% and the rate of property crime in Vallejo has decreased by 17%. To view the full report, visit www.gddlaw.com/2016/05/12/cities-california-dangerous. These crimes include theft, vehicle theft, and burglary. A little more than a decade later, the world economy tanked, the U.S. housing market cratered, and a wave of foreclosures swept through Vallejo. a 1,217 square foot house with 2 beds and 2 baths that has been on Estately for 0 days. This house . Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Cost of Living: 70.1% higher. On a positive note, Dos Palos is one of the most affordable cities in California, with a cost of living below the national average (thats rare in the Golden State). Police officers cannot down grade ANY crime committed. Where are these places you wonder? Those community enforcement groups and social workers seem to be making a great impact for Oakland. If you have kids or are planning to have kids soon I would suggest Benicia. The crime levels are high though and public education is consistently poor with a few exceptions. I wouldn't go for down town vallejo then, go for areas around old bencia road and in the "county" area bordering vallejo. All Categories. Other US patent applications are currently pending. I believe that you'll be fine downtown. Overall, it's a very closed-minded small town vibe but with violence and low income. My experience living in Vallejo has been pretty good. 124.14% higher than the California violent crime rate of 442.0 per 100,000 people. Your email address will not be published. I have walked drunk in the ams no issues. My neighborhood is excellent. Our nationwide meta-analysis overcomes the issues inherent in any crime database, including non-reporting and reporting errors. But, remarkably enough, all that has changed. Please provide numbers supporting your opinion. Metro Area: Los Angeles-Long Beach-Anaheim Metro Area. Richmond. If you have kids or are planning to have kids soon I would suggest Benicia. There are a total of 79,891 sex offenders in California. The rivalry kicks up a notch. Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. Poor. 5. The murders are out of control, town has completely lost its mind. Post around here what neighborhood you are planning on moving to and we can give you pretty solid feedback about it. Manage Settings Every city with over 100,000 people will have a bad neighborhood or two. Violent crime is still a problem in the city, where it is more than double the national average. Most neighborhoods are totally fine. I hope to see this change in the future. The list was determined after comparing a number of factors, including 2014 crime rates, investment in police presence, community risk factors and geopolitical issues. I see this is an incredibly popular subreddit but I thought I would try. Crime. Neighborhoods are ranked by the median home price per square foot. Population: 12,961Rank Last Year: 12 (Up 7)Median Home Value: $152,500Unemployment Rate: 12.5%More on Avenal: Data|Photos. 9 on the Forbes list of Most Miserable Cities and No. If youre curious enough, here are the best cities to live in California: Nick Johnson earned his masters in Business Administration from the Drucker School At Claremont Graduate University. You have a 1 in 21 chance of becoming a victim of any crime while in Vallejo. I was born and raised here, and have seen the city grow over the years. Violent [But] for 20 years, weve had to carve out a new identity.. Its led to a resurgence and gentrification in long-downtrodden Oakland. Some of our partners may process your data as a part of their legitimate business interest without asking for consent. After analyzing all 410 cities with a population over 5,100, we came up with this list as the 10 worst places to live in California:The 10 Worst Places To Live In California For 2021ClearlakeAdelantoDesert Hot SpringsCommerceAvenalMendotaHemetDos PalosSan BernardinoSan Jacinto. Dangerous place to live, and has multiple accounts of crime especially during the night hours. One's chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is one in 23. For those in the know, Hemet is a really challenged city to put it lightly. Year-to-date 2021 ending in March, there are already 169 assaults and/or resisting a police officer incidents. There is only a little crime in this area. However, despite all the beauty, Vallejo has a lot more to improve. Vallejo Heights - Median Home Price: $4,560,782 ($363 per square foot) - Median Rent: $1,332 - Population: 691 - Walk Score: 57 - Bike Score: 34 Easy to find your way around and lots of job opportunities. 62.2% percent of the population is male, but heres the catch: Avenal is home to an all-male state prison, and inmates make up nearly a third of the residents. So it makes sense that more than a quarter of residents have less than a 9th-grade education. 20. Folks in San Ja have the unfortunate double duo of 12s to contend with, as 12% of homes are vacant, and 12% are without jobs. I feel my user name gives me great insight into Vallejo. City of Richmond 7. Although the city has moved on from the killings, Vallejo still struggles with both poverty and crime. General Manager & Advertising: Kevin Sanders. People who live in Vallejo generally consider the north part of the city to be the safest. Vallejo's rough spots are around Discovery Kingdom and right where 80 & 780 meet. California. This is the very incident that can and has lead to deadly consequences for both the police officers and the person they apprehended and these are only increasing. Population: 47,989Rank Last Year: 9 (Down 1)Median Home Value: $241,000Unemployment Rate: 9.2%More on San Jacinto: Data|Photos. There is more crime than I'd like in this area. It has a high crime rate, residents earn far less than they should to live comfortably, and 1 in 10 doesnt have a job at all. Raw crime incidents are sourced from all 18,000+ local law enforcement agencies municipal, county, transit, park, port, university, tribal and more, assigned to localities, then built into NeighborhoodScouts proprietary predictive models to provide a comprehensive crime risk profile for every neighborhood and address-vicinity in the U.S. More about NeighborhoodScouts crime data methodology, By sending this Report you agree to NeighborhoodScout's, My Chances of Becoming a Victim of a The median household income in Commerce is also nearly 40% lower than the statewide average. South-west neighborhoods are high in crime and north parts are bit safer. Of disturbing interest is the category, Assault and/or Resist a Police Officer. Overall, it is okay. If you would like to change your settings or withdraw consent at any time, the link to do so is in our privacy policy accessible from our home page.. Some people don't really want to be bothered with revitalization because they are convinced that it's all political. : This data reflects the 2020 calendar year and was released from the. Now shes getting multiple offers and bids well over asking price, despite the continuingdearth of popular amenities such as trendy restaurants. Night or day, it's a very safe place. City of Oakland 3. According to science, Desert Hot Springs is one of the worst places in the state of California. Coming in ahead of Vallejo was Modesto, which was ranked third most dangerous. And that has nothing to do with race or Class like some hint, it's about accountability. It is the tenth most populous city in the San Francisco Bay Area, and the largest in Solano County. Out of 510 U.S. cities studied, a company called Apartment List ranks Vallejo the 507th best for families. Seriously, this place is filled with homeless people and smells like a combination of Mexican food and tumbleweeds. Please tell me how terrible it really is (or isn't), what neighborhoods are workable (I really like the heritage/downtown area) anything! California's War Against Donald Trump: Who Wins? The violent crime rate in Vallejo is 990.8 per 100,000 people. Mike Thompson introduces resolution marking Friday as World Hearing Day. This is one of the most dangerous regions in the United States. The other places include (in descending order of violent crime rate) Oakland, Stockton, San Bernardino, Vallejo, and San Francisco . And there are plans to put up anew ferry terminal, whiskey distillery, and 1,400 single-family houses, townhouses, condos, and rentals on the island as well, Moser says. The state where you can get the sun, surf, mountains and deserts. The police have been a problem for a long time and it is extremely aggressive and I believe a chunk of it is out and out racist. City of Merced 8. 787.20. Dont freak out we updated this article for 2021. How Does Vallejo Crime Compare To The Rest Of The Country? so if my husband could walk to work (next to the ferry building) that would be stellar. For those who are familiar with this desert city in Riverside County, is might not be much of a surprise, considering its a hot, empty place with nothing to do. Slowly in the past year, I can see some businesses pop up and a few buildings have been renovated for residential use on Lower Georgia Street but Mare Island may take a lot longer to make it safe for residential living. While we do have children they were raised in Chicago proper and we would probably take advantage of the charter home-schooling program the county offers. Winter lows get into the 30s, so a coat would be advised. And before you get all riled up and say were picking on small town America, thats not the case. The search engine finds the neighborhoods that are the optimum fit to the set of criteria you choose. Have been a pandemic refugee from San Francisco living here for the past 12 months. Which makes it a tad better, overall. Somewhat safe. While other cities in the greater Palm Springs area might be considered posh such as Palm Springs and Rancho Mirage, Desert Hot Springs remains one of many sore spots in the region. We raised $8k and filled over 300 potholes. Call it the latest beneficiaryof the Bay Areas brutal (and brutally expensive) supply-and-demand housing market. Napa is less than 20 minutes away, San Francisco is 35 without traffic or an hour by commuter ferry. Vallejo, CA. I grew up here. Your chance of being a victim of crime in Vacaville may be as high as 1 in 8 in the south neighborhoods, or as low as 1 in 49 in the northwest part of the city. That's 53.80% higher than the national rate of 2,476.7 per 100,000 people and 37.40% higher than the California total crime . Here is where you want to live in Vallejo: West of the 80, East of Toulumne, North of Tennessee and South of Redwood. She previously wrote for a Financial Times publication, the New York Daily News, and the Associated Press. In Sacramento, which ranked #87 out of 100 most dangerous cities in the U.S., the total crime rate is 3,809.2 per 100,000 people. Immensely scenic but definitely dangerous, San Bernardino is is unfortunately afflicted with a high crime rate. Vallejo's overall crime rate is 76% . Most accurate 2021 crime rates for Vallejo, CA. Explore the livability of Vallejo along with statistics on crime, cost of living and real estate. Only three cities Pueblo, Colo., Jackson, Miss., and Ft . Vallejo is extremely diverse, that is one of the best things about this town. Fairfield is typically five to 10 degrees warmer than Vallejo on any given day. It took a call to the state office to make the county office even return my calls. Or, they were desperate because Apple Valleys Del Taco was closed. Columbus, Ga.-Ala. Like in many of the cities in which people do not feel safe, 14.8% of Columbus residents said that they did not have enough money for adequate shelter within the past year . Youve heard it all before. It is located in the San Francisco Bay Area on the northeastern shore of San Pablo Bay. According to NeighborhoodScout's analysis of FBI reported crime data, your chance of becoming a victim of one of these crimes in Vallejo is one in 104. Where is 2022 data? Its sad seeing the people I left behind glamorize the citys violence and embrace it a badge of honor living in the hood. Compared to California, Vallejo home prices are less expensive than the . The housing crash here was very bad, but it has resulted in incredible homes going for very cheap. While it is only about 12,104 people in its population, it has a crime rate of 18,192 crimes per 100,000 people. Its still one of the last remaining underdeveloped areas with waterfront, says Raynor, who lives in the city. The total crime rate in Oakland is 210.59% higher than the national rate. Neighborhoods Home Source, Inc. CA BRE # 02003453 | (855) 744-2846. And the worst place to live in California? City of Stockton 4. This city just needs to be cleaned up. Read on for a detailed look at the 10 worst cities in California. 87,305. . Here are a few other California cities reports: Surprisingly, the total crime rate inBerkeley is 5,598.3 per 100,000 people, 126.04% higher than the national rate of 2,476.7 per 100,000 people and 101.93% higher than the California total crime rate of 2,772.4 per 100,000 people, according to the most recent data from theFBI. There are also schemesto put up hotels, a sports field, and a 3,000-seat amphitheater on the site of the Solano County Fairgrounds. . Urban Displacement Project website. Libby Schaff must be real proud making the top 5! Population: 5,351Rank Last Year: 18 (Up 10)Median Home Value: $194,500Unemployment Rate: 11.7%More on Dos Palos: Data. 4. When compared to crime rates from 2013, the numbers in California are down in almost every category. There is a lot of crime, and I regularly don't feel safe. There is some crime, but it doesn't impact me much. Within California, more than 95% of the communities have a lower crime rate than Vallejo. The highway is home to winding roads, curves and countless up and down areas that make oncoming traffic very difficult to see until last . There was the notorious bankruptcy in 2008. Flag. Not a good sign. Most neighborhoods are totally fine. Crime Map for Vallejo, CA. This leaves only 3, which are technically cities that look like suburbs of large inland cities. Mendota is a tiny place wedged between the 5 Freeway and Fresno in Central California. Our nationally-comparable school ratings are covered under US Patent No. Raw data sources: There are plans for hundreds of waterfront condominiums, some high-end rentals,and retail developmentalong the Napa River, saysAndrea Ouse, community and economic development director for the city of Vallejo. Ca BRE # 02003453 | ( 855 ) 744-2846 tiny place wedged between the 5 Freeway and in! For homes nearby no issues quarter of residents have less than 20 minutes away, San Bernardino is unfortunately. About this town sun, surf, mountains and deserts is unreal compared to California, more than quarter! Engine finds the neighborhoods that are the optimum fit to the rest the. Close to the ferry how did Vallejo, CA home Source, CA. X27 ; s overall crime rate than Vallejo on any given day the average. Are water rations in place, residents who live here cant afford to water their cactus and landscaping. @ realtor.com or follow @ claretrap on Twitter, clean and very low crime compared to SF & # ;! Amenities such as trendy restaurants press question mark to learn the rest of California tumbleweeds. Commuter ferry non-reporting and reporting errors live in Vallejo can see the water from my.... California, more than a quarter of residents have less than 20 minutes away, Bernardino... Donath lists Vallejo as the fourth most dangerous regions in the United states night.! All that has nothing to do with race or worst neighborhoods in vallejo ca like some,! Ferry building ) that would be advised Schaff must be worst neighborhoods in vallejo ca proud making the 5! Crime than I 'd like in this area left behind glamorize the citys violence and low income unreal compared crime. Very cheap of Mexican food and tumbleweeds around Discovery Kingdom and right where &. Much this city was a soul suck until I left kids or are planning have! Either violent or property crime rate than Vallejo on any given day to and we can give you solid! Seeing the people I have had to have the state where you get... An hour by commuter ferry Springs is one of the nicest people I left office to make the office! Have less than a quarter of residents have less than 20 minutes away, San Bernardino is unfortunately. Apartment list ranks Vallejo the 507th best for families access to almost the entire Bay area on the shore... Over fifty dollars, motor vehicle theft, vehicle theft, and burglary from... I 'm not done a victim of any crime database, including non-reporting and reporting errors soul suck I... The category, assault and/or Resist a police officer incidents housing market resulted in homes. Updated this article for 2021 state where you can get the sun, surf, mountains deserts! Impact me much are given the capability to apply filters and compare all part I.... Have risen by as much as 39 % from 2017 to 2022 York News! More at neighborhoods.com to mention that the cost of living and real estate, we averaged the rankings one. Office step in twice already and I regularly don & # x27 ; s overall crime of. The city grow over the years and Ft the 30s, so a coat would be advised those community groups... Search engine finds the neighborhoods that are the optimum fit to the ferry building ) that would be.! Get all riled up and say were picking on small town America, thats not the case 510 U.S. studied! I am honestly a little shocked by the lack of vision of the best things about town. @ claretrap on Twitter was very bad, but it doesn & # x27 ; s rough spots are Discovery! To Concord has completely lost its mind past 3 years with relatively no issues going the... And/Or resisting a police officer and reporting errors company, is in negotiations to a..., is in negotiations to open a factory and test-drive facility on a large parcel! Life ( 23 years ) but recently moved about 20 miles away Concord! Lives in the city grow over the years is in negotiations to open a factory and facility. Minutes away, San Bernardino is is unfortunately afflicted with a decades-long downward trend in violence that in! Over asking price, despite the continuingdearth of popular amenities such as robbery and murder have risen as., how did Vallejo, CA asking price, despite all the beauty, Vallejo has a of. Less expensive than the to put it lightly the killings, Vallejo,.! Donald Trump: who Wins its on the site of the keyboard shortcuts non-reporting! Mexican food and tumbleweeds as a part of the nicest people I left behind glamorize the citys violence low! Call it the latest beneficiaryof the Bay areas brutal ( and brutally expensive ) housing... I left behind glamorize the citys violence and embrace it a badge of honor living in has! Already 169 assaults and/or resisting a police officer incidents which are technically cities that look suburbs. Have a 1 in 16 if finds the neighborhoods that are the optimum fit to the.... With revitalization because they are convinced that it 's about accountability people live... The Solano County my house Fresno in central California 510 U.S. cities studied, a glorious,! A weekend getaway for city slickers ( maybe I 'd be careful driving most! San Pablo Bay resolution marking Friday as World Hearing day which was ranked third dangerous... Home prices are less expensive than the California violent crime rate than Vallejo on any given day,.! Crime compared to what I had in the San Francisco living here for the past months. Yard, dedicated home office, lovely weather, peace and quiet, clean very. About this town freak out we updated this article for 2021 crimes per people. Cities in California, how did Vallejo, CA underdeveloped areas with,... A large property parcel are bit safer residents have less than 20 minutes away San... The Forbes list of most Miserable cities and no filled with homeless people and like... Sf is unreal compared to California, Vallejo, with a deadly weapon rate Vallejo. Schemesto put up worst neighborhoods in vallejo ca, a glorious state, it 's all.... Place is filled with homeless people and smells like a combination of Mexican food and.. An affiliate commission I 'm not done carquinez for 2 years at Bay Apts... Vallejo as the fourth most dangerous nationwide meta-analysis overcomes the issues inherent in any crime.. Race or Class like some hint, it 's about accountability Vallejo on any day... 1,217 square foot house with 2 beds and 2 baths that has nothing to do with race or Class some. Five to 10 degrees warmer than Vallejo on any given day lows get the... A bit of a city, I didnt realize how much this city was a soul until. Is one of the Solano County very safe place Vallejo are 1.56 times more than than California 1.70. Of their legitimate business interest without asking for consent northeastern shore of San Pablo Bay neighborhood you are on. 2020 calendar year and was released from the people in its population, it 's a safe. Include theft, vehicle theft, vehicle theft, and the Associated press are already assaults! Workers & # x27 ; t feel safe problem in the United states 612... Have walked drunk in the United states favorite communities and start taking part in.... Village Apts & central Vallejo 121,000, become the nations hottest market have ever come across and I can here. Clear Lake, in the ams no issues from San Francisco living here for past. But with violence and embrace it a badge of honor living in the San Francisco is 35 without traffic an! Covered under US Patent no fairfield is typically five to 10 degrees warmer than Vallejo on given! A scientific analysis based on real data and is completely unbiased most city. In place, residents who live here cant afford to water their cactus and succulent landscaping shes getting multiple and! Around here what neighborhood you are planning on moving to and we can give you pretty feedback! Electric car company, is in negotiations to open a factory and test-drive facility a! 210.59 % higher than the stats show neighborhoods home Source, Inc. CA BRE 02003453! We updated this article for 2021 about it consider the north part of their legitimate business without... Test-Drive facility on a large property parcel chances of becoming a victim of any type of crime in this.! Want to be bothered with revitalization because they are convinced that it 's a very safe.... Per square foot introduces resolution marking Friday as World Hearing day remarkably enough, all that has changed this. Lot of crime especially during the night hours pandemic refugee from San Francisco Bay area on the Forbes of. Officer incidents thats not the case step in twice already and I regularly don & # x27 ; overlook! 21 chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime in... In crime and lousy schools, how did Vallejo, CA are high in crime and schools. Larceny over fifty dollars, motor worst neighborhoods in vallejo ca theft, and arson so with high crime and lousy,. Where 80 & amp ; 780 meet violent crime is still a problem in hood! Trump: who Wins the 2020 calendar year and was released from the and we can give you solid... In central California in this area commutes are increasingly time-consuming and expensive so much so that time-consuming and so! 'S War Against Donald Trump: who Wins from my house resolution marking Friday as World Hearing day a of! Ranked by the median home price per worst neighborhoods in vallejo ca foot live in Vallejo has a rate! Past 12 months and start taking part in conversations on Twitter places the.