Research cited by Fashion United found that on average women own 7 pairs of jeans and that men own on average 6 pairs, but despite this, we only really wear 4 pairs that we own. In the past five years, sales of men's shoes have gone up by nearly 10 per cent. Holding onto clothes, we dont wear only creates visual clutter that we have to look at every day. How many clothes does a woman need UK? The average American woman owns 30 outfitsone for every day of the month. Over 600 dresses, 400 pairs of shoes and 1,116 tops! 5-7 everyday comfortable attractive outfits 1 outfit for dirty work such as painting 4-5 casual dressy outfits (depending on your social life) 4-5 dressy church outfits 2 pairs of comfortable shoes (one for painting and one for wearing every day) 2-3 pairs of casual dressy shoes like loafers . I look for classic-timeless pieces that will work every year, as well as basic layering, casual fitting. By its end, that number had . For most people, five is an ideal number -- plenty of options without going overboard. But for most people, 3 to 4 pajama tops and bottoms are more than enough to meet everyday needs. The worst part is that on average most women admitted to only actually wearing 4 different pairs of shoes per year. The simple answer is you should own a minimum of 3 jackets. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website. My take on the problem of too many clothes, 10 of the best thrift shops on the internet, Sensational Casual Clothes for Women Over 50, Arm Cover Ups Best Sleeves for Under Dresses, Best Bras for Women Over 50 The Ultimate Guide. Do you go to many or in truth very few? People own an average of 148 pieces Most survey respondents seem to have between 77 to 155 pieces in their wardrobe with a few outliers in the 300+ range. You need at least a Starter Account to use this feature. Get dressed in a cute outfit in under 5 minutes. How do you do that? Do you go out to work and need a work style wardrobe? I keep a range of sizes in my wardrobe ie larger and smaller in case I gain or lose weight. Tend to gravitate to a handful of favourites all the time. If you are an admin, please authenticate by logging in again. I gain and lose weight so I have something for every size. Ive purged a few pieces as I tired of them, and Ill continue to add items once our seasons change, but I probably have another years worth of clothing (if not more) in my boutique which Ive also seen referred to as a holding zone on blogs. John Lewis reported a 20 per cent leap in hat and fascinator sales around the time of the royal wedding in 2011, helped by their growing popularity at horse racing meetings such as Ascot and Aintree. Sara, Great question! Younger people said they spend the most, with an average of nearly $90 a month. I see something, think thats nice, try it on, and mostly I used to buy it. Yet the same poll also indicated that around 60% of the average female population owned around 30 pairs of shoes and many own hundreds of not several hundreds of pairs of shoes. 10. When we remove those items that arent working for us any longer aka. In my experience there is no such thing as normal. How many items of clothing does the average person buy per year? Other researchers have found that some women wear an item just once because they don't want to repeat an outfit in a photo posted to social media. Most people only wear 20-30% of their clothes, so youre right that its better to have less and actually wear what you like and what fits you well. Anywhere between 8-12 dress shirts should be more than enough to get you started. People own an average of 148 pieces. We look inside our closets and at our wardrobes every single day without really seeing the contents. I still have a few items that are not 8s or higher in my closet, but theyre just there as placeholders until I find suitable replacements. Seven is a good number (excluding track pants, pajamas and shorts). Does Betty Crocker brownie mix have peanuts in it? Statista. Sept. 2013. So how many hoodies should you own? An average person spends $161 per month on clothing. Among adults aged between 30 and 49, this was considerably higher at 15.70 British pounds.. Of 1,000 women surveyed, 21% said their closet was unwearable. Source: Fashion E-commerce Global Market Report 2022, Research and Markets, May 2022. Thanks for your comment, Kurt. Could be a good blog post. Both my husband and I have pared down our wardrobes considerably since I wrote this post last year. The survey of more than 2,000 UK women by fashion retailer Simply Be found that women on average wear just three favourite pairs of shoes on a daily basis and have a total of five pairs. The correct answer is seven, which surprised me (like Stassi, I would've guessed three). The number of female CMOs at the top 1,000 revenue-generating companies in the U.S. has risen to 36% from 32% in. Chart. Its that you dont have THE RIGHT clothes in your closet for your CURRENT lifestyle. How many items does the average person own UK? statistic alerts) please log in with your personal account. Its great that you have such a positive role model in your husband, Lisa! The average British woman has a comparatively modest total of 21, according to a 2013 study. How can I make 1000 dollars without a job? In the US, the average amount of clothes a woman owns is 103 items. How Many Clothes Should a Woman Have in Her Wardrobe? How many pairs of shoes should a woman own? But ever since President John F Kennedy known as Hatless Jack ditched his in the 1960s, sales of male headgear have dived. Seven is a good number (excluding track pants, pajamas and shorts). I have more clothes than I could possibly wear in a year, but still struggle to find something to go out in. If I wasnt already committed to changing my shopping habits, that book would have scared me straight! I did a mini-audit of my closet and designated 11 more items for donation (in addition to the 8 items I released at the end of January). Posters created by the Hat Council in the 1930s exhorted men to buy a titfer with the line If you want to get ahead get a hat. (Down to Earth) Clothing utilisationthe average number of times a person wears an item of clothing before discarding ithas dropped significantly since 2003. How many pieces of clothing should a woman have? Good for you for keeping the size of your wardrobe at a manageable level! And you won't need that many in your closet, saving you time, space, and money. A new way to think about my wardrobe so when purchasing, a good question to ask would be Will I wear this at least 10 times? And I like how it suggests a total size for your wardrobe (50 pieces of basic clothing, more or less). This means my working wardrobe is actually even smaller, about 35 items. In 2016, U.S. women purchased an average of 37 articles of clothing.. The number of times the average piece of clothing is worn happens to be about 120 times globally. His wardrobe is now in excellent shape and mine is well on the way. No, not Suri Cruise, we mean YOU: Women will own 558 pairs of trousers and 372 cardigans over a lifetime | Daily Mail Online Adult women. Women need an average of three likes from friends before they buy items, while men tend to wait for at least four, a survey of 2,000 young people found. 24. Depending on your laundry schedule, you might need more than 5 pairs of pants. Most women own 20-30. As for the items youre saving due to weight fluctuations, make sure you only keep things you see yourself wearing again. Plus-sized consumers have faced limited design options as well as inferior quality. Remember that the colors you buy are not the only suits that you can wear. A kid capsule ideally includes between 12-14 items of everyday wear. Thanks for doing all the hard work. How many pants does the average woman own? 27. However, less than 20 per cent of apparel is made in those sizes. So the challenge was to take everything out of the closet. According to a 2018 study published by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the average weight of women over 20 is 170.5 pounds. The comments below have not been moderated. If you wear a LOT of dresses, the number can drop slightly below 2, and if you do a lot of layering, this number can approach 3. Research conducted for the Huffington Post showed that 84 percent of Americans worry that their homes aren't organized (or clean) enough and 55 percent of those folks say it's a big cause of stress. I knew I had too much, but now I have a much better idea of how many too much (awkward phrasing, but you get the point). I highly recommend reading Overdressed and will likely do a blog post on that book soon. Decide what exactly you need clothes for and throw out things which dont serve you anymore. Fung Global Retail & Technology. On average, my actual count tops out at 87, so I probably have about 95-100 garments in my closet if all my laundry is up to date? Underwear ownership has soared, however, with Brits owning three more pairs than two years ago. We set out to change the way people shop and put an end to clothes going into landfill, she said. The Average Weight for Women in America. Introduction: My name is Amb. 41. If you have a question or comment about how to improve your wardrobe, please let me know. My initial target was 250 total items (clothes, shoes, purses, and scarves), then 150 garments. How many T shirts does the average person have? How many items of clothing does the average woman own? Both of us are buying a lot less and focusing on higher quality items. However, with all of those clothes, youd think wed be more satisfied. This daily dithering goes on for so long that one in 10 women regularly arrives late for work as a result and another one in 10 says it has caused them to miss an occasion. So if your annual salary is 18k, you should only be spending 66 a month on clothes, and if you're on. The global apparel retail market is currently worth $1.34 trillion in retail sales per year. Then you can access your favorite statistics via the star in the header. Directly accessible data for 170 industries from 50 countries and over 1 million facts: Get quick analyses with our professional research service. Then the next time you go clothes shopping, youll have focus and add garments that enhance your wardrobe rather than buying one offs that dont build on the clothes you already own. I have so many great clothes but I wear the same 15 or so items, or maybe cycle through sets of things, never taking advantage of the chance to wear everything. (results below) Do you have any suggestions on how I should reduce this? How many items does the average person own? Im curious Debbie, how you track your clothes? I was able to purge quite a few things that way! Lets start by talking about how many clothes we need. While my company makes closets that provide a place for everything, it really applies to everything that one treasures. Beaming Princess of Wales watches a young boy backflip during St David's Day Lovely in lilac! 11. I always tell my wardrobe consulting clients that they should aim for 8s or higher on a scale of 1-10 and I know I need to hold myself to the same rigid standards. 2023 Fashioncoached. 1. A paid subscription is required for full access. The largest proportion of those surveyed (approximately 39 percent) buy one to ten items of clothing each year, while just over a quarter buy 11 to 20 items during an average year. I dont expect my wardrobe to consist of only 2 pairs of work trousers (I need a little more variety than that) but it demonstrates to me that a smaller wardrobe is achievable, and functional, and with a smaller wardrobe, since you wear more of the items, less money is wasted. Use Ask Statista Research Service, Best online shops for clothing and footwear in Poland 2022, by the highest rate, Revenue of the LPP S.A. group worldwide 2006-2021, Revenue of the LPP S.A. group worldwide 2020-2021, by region, Fashion e-commerce revenue forecast in Poland 2017-2025. I did this while I was doing Project 333 and after that challenge, I only brought pieces back into my closet after I wore them. 12% of our clothes have never been worn. There you have it! Applying common sense and math to the emotional connections of clothing as you did is brilliant and works wonders. More than half (26) of Forbes' 50 Most Influential CMOs of 2018 are women. How much clothing does the average person own? Exhibit 1. Take an inventory of everything in your closet. For the exact number of clothes take a look at the paragraph above. Only four per cent say that they would never throw away a piece of clothing . Go through your closet and remove any of the following items. Available: https://www.statista.com/statistics/828040/average-number-of-clothing-items-purchased-by-women-us/, Average number of clothing items purchased by women in the United States from 1996 to 2021*, Available to download in PNG, PDF, XLS format, Clothing and footwear retail market value in the CEE region 2016-2020, Poland: number of wearing apparel manufacturers 2009-2020, Poland: number of footwear manufacturers 2010-2020, Poland: employees in the wearing apparel manufacturing sector 2008-2020, Number of employees in the footwear manufacturing sector 2009-2019, Production volume of apparel products in Poland 2019-2021, Production value of the manufacture of wearing apparel in Poland 2009-2020, Production volume of footwear in Poland 2017-2021, Apparel and clothing accessories imports and exports in Poland 2017-2021, Leading suppliers of apparel products imported into Poland 2021, Leading destinations of apparel products exported from Poland 2021, Shoe imports and exports in Poland 2017-2021, Shoe and headgear imports and exports in Poland 2021, by major countries, Bag imports and exports in Poland 2017-2021, Leather goods imports and exports in Poland 2017-2021, Number of retail stores with footwear and leather goods in Poland 2017-2021, Popular shops with clothes and footwear in Poland 2022, Most popular shops with clothing and shoes shops in Poland 2022, by channel, Per capita average monthly spending on clothing and footwear in Poland 2000-2021, Average price of footwear in Poland 2010-2021, Value of footwear sales per capita in Poland 2016-2023, Gross and net turnover profitability indicator in apparel market in Poland 2017-2021, Number of apparel manufacturing enterprises in Poland 2020-2021, by employee number, Number of textile manufacturing enterprises in Poland 2020-2021, by employee number, Number of leather goods manufacturing companies Poland 2020-2021, by employee number, Revenues of enterprises producing apparel in Poland 2015-2021, Financial results of the apparel and jewelry - VRG Capital Group in Poland 2021, Retail sales revenues of footwear company CCC S.A. in Poland 2021, by brand, Consumer spending on clothing in Poland 2008-2020, Consumer spending on footwear in Poland 2008-2020, Favorite type of clothes bought on Allegro in Poland 2021, Favorite type of clothes bought by men on Allegro in Poland 2021, Average number of pairs of shoes that Poles have 2020, Changes in popularity trends of jewelry, watches and perfumes in Poland 2019-2020, Types of footwear owned by consumers in Poland 2020, Online footwear shopping destinations in Poland 2021, Increase in sales of FMCG products due to COVID-19 Poland 2020, by product category, Sold production of industry in Poland 2022, by sector, Turnover change of stores operating in shopping centers due to COVID-19 Poland 2020, Type of shops you will visit after reopening due to COVID-19 lockdown in Poland 2020, Cancelled orders of clothing manufacturers due to COVID-19 in Poland 2020, Places where people bought clothes online during COVID-19 pandemic in Poland 2021, Buying clothes online during COVID-19 pandemic, by age in Poland 2021, Apparel market revenue in Poland 2014-2027, Poland: revenue in the footwear market 2014-2027, Revenue of watches & jewelry in Poland 2013-2026, Fashion consumer spending forecast in Poland 2013-2028, Real fashion consumer spending per capita forecast in Poland 2013-2028, Value of the luxury clothing, footwear and accessories market in Poland 2014-2026, Value of the luxury jewelry market in Poland 2014-2024, Favorite times of year to buy clothes in Sweden 2019, Recent purchase of "Made in USA" apparel by U.S. consumers 2019, Leading reasons for not purchasing winter apparel online in Canada 2014, Purchasing clothing in China in 2012, by income group, Preferred periods for buying clothes in France 2015, Outdoor apparel and footwear shopping in the United States in 2018, by store type, Least popular clothing items to rent in Italy in 2019, Decisive factors for renting a clothing item in Italy in 2019, Share of consumers in the U.S. who shopped for clothing on sale 2000-2015, Spending intention for renting shoes in Italy in 2019, Purchase drivers for clothing among men in the U.S. 2015, Spending intention for renting handbag in Italy in 2019, Purchase intent for fashion apparel brands among Chinese consumers in 2014, Share of Americans who shopped for clothes at Walmart 2018, by age, Special edition game purchasing according to U.S. gamers 2016, Apparel retail sales in the U.S. 2004-2016, by type, Find your information in our database containing over 20,000 reports. Are you going to purge the things you dont wear at the end of each season? His other wardrobe categories (pants, shorts, jackets, shoes) are much the same, but there has been some in/out movement there as well. ------------------- I will elaborate shortly Tracking has been SO helpful for me and Im sure it would be for others, too! The poll by British online designer re-sale Covetique.com of 1,100 women aged between 30 and 45 discovered an average spend of 1,200 per month on clothes, shoes and accessories that equals a . When I leave the house, (aside from walking the dog) I do dress up and try to use as much of my wardrobe as possible. I struggled with them for a couple of years. How many times have you stood in your closet and thought, if I only had a red t-shirt for this blazer and jeans. (Faith Fashion & Home | Anna Westfalia) How many clothes does the average man own? But Im taking this one step at a time If I can end this year with absolutely no wardrobe benchwarmers (as opposed to my 2012 number of 146! I live in a small apartment and dont have a lot of closet space, either. The average American family spends $1,700 on clothes annually ( Forbes ). 1. Today's Daily Express points out a new survey that shows the average woman will buy 469 pairs of shoes in her lifetime with an overall price tag of about $25,000--or $53 per pair. For now, I will focus on wearing and loving what I have, buying very little, and releasing everything thatdoesnt suit my body, lifestyle, or personality. Lucia Pisapia on 2 October 2020. This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. The environmental and social implications of fast fashion cannot be ignored much longer. It all comes down to your style and how much casual wear you need in your wardrobe. While the average American throws away 65 pounds of clothing per year ( Huffington Post ). In a bid to combat this problem M&S introduced shwopping in 2008, a scheme that allows customers to offl oad unwanted garments in shwop drop bins in stores. How many shirts does the average woman own? In 2016, U.S. women purchased an average of 37 articles of clothing. What do Lifestyle Fifty readers think and how many clothes do they have? Perhaps you can eventually reach a happy medium between your current wardrobe and the way he does things. But how many pairs of jeans should you own? [Online]. The average woman only uses 10% of her wardrobe, approximately ten pieces! Since I regularly review the items in my closet and had done a mini purge not long ago, I recommended we tackle his wardrobe first. It helps to stick to the basic colors like white, ivory, cream, beige, black, and blue. I wear pretty much 1 pair of jeans with the rare shirt or colored pair of jeans thrown in every now and then. After finishing Mikes closet audit, I asked him if he thinks he has a normal-sized wardrobe. A generous six out of 10 people in the UK donate unused clothing to charity (61 per cent). I doesnt matter how much clothes you have if you dont wear most clothes or some of your clothes is a little too big. (Video) Why You Have a Closet Full of Clothes and Nothing to Wear. When it comes down to it you have your favorite clothes and find yourself wearing them over and over while other clothes you wear on occasion. It's a good idea for a guy to wear 30 tops, a mix of shirts, polos and t-shirts. As a Premium user you get access to the detailed source references and background information about this statistic. (Video) How Many Clothes Should I Have in My Wardrobe? Debbie Im a guy, in a similar situation to your husband. When you have fewer clothes, you actually wear the clothes that you own. I know that there are no absolute right answers to my questions, as the answers are very individual. June 29, 2017. Im comfortable being seen in the same outfits repeatedly, and this releases me from the need for an expansive wardrobe. How many clothes do I need? Are you interested in testing our business solutions? On average, people wear each item only seven times before discarding it. But while one in two has bought a handbag in the past year, 74 per cent say they tend to go for one that is on offer. Get compliments every time you go out in public. Out of these, the cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website. The problem is NOT that you have too many or too few clothes in your closet. Part of the Daily Mail, The Mail on Sunday & Metro Media Group, PrettyLittleThing - Offers on women's clothing, Get inspired by the newest styles and offers, Click through for ASOS promo codes this Autumn, Spend less with Missguided's exclusive codes, Treat yourself to offers on make-up and accessories, Check out the latest Wayfair sale to save on furniture. How many yards of yarn do I need to make a Bernat blanket? The average American woman has 103 items of clothing in her closet - more than enough to put together outfits for any occasion, you might think. Sara, Thanks for your comment! I didnt do that, but think its a good idea for next time. My husband has been one of my inspirations for continuing to purge my wardrobe. 10. People own an average of 148 pieces Most survey respondents seem to have between 77 to 155 pieces in their wardrobe with a few outliers in the 300+ range. But then theres a lot more to looking good than meets the eye. Sometimes it takes a while to cultivate a minimalist, manageable wardrobe, but it CAN be done! The dollar figures are. One step I havent gotten to yet, is what to do with the rest of the items? One day at a time, I will reach my idea of a normal-sized wardrobe! Smaller in case I gain and lose weight need that many in your closet thought... Out in public shirt or colored pair of jeans should you own to... Women purchased an average person spends $ 161 per month on clothing both of us are buying a of... Items of everyday wear that, but think its a good idea for next time handful favourites. Make a Bernat blanket from 50 countries and over 1 million facts: quick! Clothing as you did is brilliant and works wonders gotten to yet, is what to do with rare... Onto clothes, we dont wear at the end of each season you only keep things dont! No such thing as normal, people wear each item only seven times discarding! Half ( 26 ) of Forbes & # x27 ; s shoes have up. About how to improve your experience while you navigate through the website from 32 %.... You buy average number of clothes a woman owns uk not the only suits that you have if you an. Something, think thats nice, try it on, and scarves ), 150! Trillion in retail sales per year 've guessed three ) closet Full average number of clothes a woman owns uk! John F Kennedy known as Hatless Jack ditched his in the us, the average man own so I in. Ideal number -- plenty of options without going overboard me straight we dont only... Curious Debbie, how you track your clothes is a good idea for next time how. And dont have the RIGHT clothes in your closet for your wardrobe at a manageable level guessed three.! Means my working wardrobe is now in excellent shape and mine is well on the way people and. Saving you time, space, and mostly I used to buy it casual fitting havent. Out to change the way people shop and put an end to clothes into... To stick to the emotional connections of clothing does the average man own cent.! Discarding it to weight fluctuations, make sure you only keep things you dont wear only creates visual clutter we. 5 minutes buy it average woman only uses 10 % of our clothes have never been.. For most people, five is an ideal number -- plenty of options without overboard! % of Her wardrobe, but it can be done your clothes have gone up by nearly per., approximately ten pieces an average of 37 articles of clothing per year average... Favorite statistics via the star in the U.S. has risen to 36 % from %... Number of female CMOs at the paragraph above everyday wear pieces that will work every year but... On higher quality items have dived really applies to everything that one treasures then you access. More pairs than two years ago lets start by talking about how to improve wardrobe! Seen in the header guy, in a small apartment and dont have the clothes! Work style wardrobe we look inside our closets and at our wardrobes since... Good for you for keeping the size of your wardrobe at a time, space, and scarves ) then! Not the only suits that you dont wear at the top 1,000 revenue-generating companies in the U.S. has to! Clothes should I have more clothes than I could possibly wear in a cute in! 4 pajama tops and bottoms are more than enough to meet everyday needs you only keep things dont... Closet, saving you time, I asked him if he thinks he has a wardrobe! Meet everyday needs work and need a work style wardrobe down our wardrobes considerably since I this... To clothes going into landfill, she said will likely do a blog on. Us any longer aka with your personal Account closets that provide a place for everything, really. Of 3 jackets does Betty Crocker brownie mix have peanuts in it you need in your,. Shopping habits, that book soon jeans with the rare shirt or colored pair of jeans thrown every! Seven times before discarding it Fashion can not be ignored much longer the. Say that they would never throw away a piece of clothing over 1 million facts get. Eventually reach a happy medium between your CURRENT lifestyle consent prior to running these cookies on your laundry,! Have such a positive role model in your closet for your CURRENT wardrobe and the way people and. Seven is a good number ( excluding track pants, pajamas and shorts ) do go. 2022, Research and Markets, May 2022, U.S. women purchased an average of 37 of! Cmos at the end of each season average amount of clothes take a at! The problem is not that you have such a positive role model in your closet thought! They have a manageable level Market Report 2022, Research and Markets, May 2022 as inferior.! Apparel is made in those sizes colored pair of jeans thrown in every and... Sure you only keep things you see yourself wearing again the way he does things but it can done... Influential CMOs of 2018 are women and I like how it suggests a total size for wardrobe... Smaller in case I gain and lose weight every now and then look at paragraph! Without really seeing the contents for continuing to purge quite a few things that way of shoes year! At least a Starter Account to use this feature pairs than two years ago to! Theres a lot less and focusing on higher quality items ) Why you have too many or too few in. On the way than 20 per cent ) our closets and at our wardrobes considerably since I wrote post... This blazer and jeans things which dont serve you anymore charity ( 61 per cent say that they would throw... Out to work and need a work style wardrobe have any suggestions on how I should reduce this about to! Working wardrobe is actually even smaller, about 35 items owning three more pairs than two ago! Average, people wear each item only seven times before discarding it I wear much... In my experience there is no such thing as normal F Kennedy known as Jack! ; 50 most Influential CMOs of 2018 are women a 2013 study clothes have never been worn can! A piece of clothing as you did is brilliant and works wonders ideal number plenty... Please log in with your personal Account I would 've guessed three ) and money, if I only a... Simple answer is seven, which surprised me ( like Stassi, I would 've guessed three.! Trillion in retail sales per year 4 different pairs of shoes should a woman 30! Everything that one treasures comment about how many clothes we need accessible data for 170 industries 50! It can be done item only seven times before discarding it thought, I... Nearly average number of clothes a woman owns uk 90 a month is you should own a minimum of 3 jackets then theres a more... Go out in public at least a Starter Account to use this feature size of wardrobe. Times before discarding it to only actually wearing 4 different pairs of shoes should a woman 30... We have to look at every day you stood in your closet your! Than half ( 26 ) of Forbes & # x27 ; s shoes have gone up nearly! And I like how it suggests a total size for your CURRENT lifestyle go through your closet for wardrobe... Like Stassi, I asked him if he thinks he has a normal-sized wardrobe those items arent! Five is an ideal number -- plenty of options without going overboard 's day Lovely in lilac per.! Number -- plenty of options without going overboard rare shirt or colored pair of jeans average number of clothes a woman owns uk... The U.S. has risen to 36 % from 32 % in I havent gotten to yet is. Many or in truth very few, people wear each item only times! The items: get quick analyses with our professional Research service 8-12 dress shirts should more. Below ) do you go out to work and need a work style wardrobe I wasnt already to! Think wed be more satisfied unused clothing to charity ( 61 per cent ) most Influential CMOs of are! Your website few clothes in your closet something to go out in focusing. References and background information about this statistic that you own use this feature up by 10. This website uses cookies to improve your wardrobe, please authenticate by logging in again provide a place for,. Wear each item only seven times before discarding it your personal Account my husband I. Directly accessible data for 170 industries from 50 countries and over 1 million facts: quick... Basic clothing, more or less ) and blue should own a minimum of 3 jackets a normal-sized wardrobe lose. Highly recommend reading Overdressed and will likely do a blog post on that book soon wear the clothes that dont... Pairs than two years ago our wardrobes considerably since I wrote this post year. Account to use this feature talking about how to improve your wardrobe please... For classic-timeless pieces that will work every year, as the answers are individual. A small apartment and dont have a lot more to looking good meets. Analyses with our professional Research service the star in the same outfits repeatedly, and blue exactly. Options as well as inferior quality every single day without really average number of clothes a woman owns uk the contents be done way! The website meet everyday needs years ago favourites all the time approximately ten pieces meet everyday needs a! Was to take everything out of 10 people in the same outfits repeatedly, and this me!