Whitney Houston was the highest-earning African-American woman before her death. On the other hand, Whitney was an American actress and singer. Pat Houston, Whitney's sister-in-law, is the primary executor of the Whitney Houston estate. He attended Weequahic High School, and Rutgers . GIRL GONE WILD: Inside Madonna's incredibly hot dating life as singer suggests she's GAY, I was in denial: Noah Cyrus says she lost all hope during her drug addiction as she debuts long-awaited album. During a 2016 interview on the Dr. [Houston] looked at me and said, Mary, I was molested at a young age too. . It makes me angry. Houston also made a point to bring her daughter, Bobbi Kristina, on all of her international tours, rather than leave her daughter at home. hitType: 'event', I think you can trace all that back to their childhood experience. In the terms stated in her will, the estate was left to her daughter, Bobbi Kristina. He attended Weequahic High School, and Rutgers University where . Fond memories and expressions of sympathy may be shared at www.OakdaleMortuaryGlendora.com for the HOUSTON family. We were traveling on the road. Further elaborating, Whitney was popular, and they were traveling on the road. A tense and somber Bobby Brown stepped out of the Emory University Hospital for fresh air on Feb. 5, as his daughter Bobbi Kristina remains in a coma. . She had nothing to do with it. Umm this is her half brother John. Dee Dee and Dionne performed together as the Gospelaires in the 1950s and 1960s, sometimes singing with Cissys gospel group, the Drinkard Singers. In a new interview with Oprah Winfrey,Whitney Houston's older brother admits he was responsible for introducing the late singer to drugs, including crack cocaine,back in the 1980s. 2. Date of Death: February 11, 2012 (aged 48) Zodiac Sign: Leo. OTHER NEWS YOU MIGHT HAVE MISSED:FBI Confirms White Supremacists Want to Weaponize Coronavirus Against Blacks. A well-regarded songwriter, Michael has been . Lady Gaga + 9 Other Stars Inspired By Whitney Houston. The lady was linked romantically to numerous stars, including Jermaine Jackson, Randall Cunningham, a football star, and Eddie Murphy, an actor. @nickdgordon :)(: Can you say overjoyed ? Michaels sister and his parent were close to each other at the beginning. The family of late music legend Whitney Houston has been shaken by a slew of tragedy and controversy in the wake of her 2012 passing. Since her heartbreaking, premature death in 2012, Whitney Houston's life has been examined from every angle. . Whitney Houston full name Whitney Elizabeth Houston was born on 9 August 1963 in Newark, New Jersey, United States. He proposed online, he gave me $2,000 to buy a ring and we married a week later. I think she will watch the film at some stage, but its obviously up to her when she wants to do that.. The family of late music legend Whitney Houston has been shaken by a slew of tragedy and controversy in the wake of her 2012 passing. My pain is horrible, Gordon said as he sat beside his mother during the interview and talked of his fear of losing Brown, who was in a coma at the time. Pat has faced criticism lately for masterminding the Whitney Houston hologram tour, which many fans see as a money grab. I said, One day when you get the nerve, you need to tell your mother. In addition to the above, Houston's makeup line with Mac will also be introduced soon. That lawsuit states that Gordon beat up Bobbi Kristina the day she was found in the bathtub unresponsive, causing what her grandmother describes as "global brain damage." The pair announced their engagement in July 2013 and she often used her official Twitter account to express her love for Gordon. Michael and his mother Cissy Houston opened up about their grief in an episode on Oprahs Next Chapter a year after Whitneys passing. Apart from her mother, Whitney Houston had other music icons who were at her beck and call. When she was on tour, Cissy left Whitney, Gary, and their brother Michael for extended periods of time with relatives. Gordon said Houston and her daughter were lonely and hurting in the wake of the stars split with her then-husband, singer Bobby Brown. STAN Fair. . I realized that actually is not the story,said MacDonald. At the time, she mounting a come-back. Updated on May 30, 2021, by Michael Chaar: Whitney Houston's sudden passing in 2012 left the world stunned. Many suspected Houston's ex-husband Bobby Brown responsible for her drug addiction, but Michael later revealed he introduced her to drugs. We Publish News 24/7. window.adsContainer = {"positionAfterTitle":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_Middle5_Rel_Newrev","isOrganicUserAd":true,"max_width":336,"max_height":280},"position2":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_After_Title_Rel_Newrev","max_width":336,"max_height":280},"position3":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_Below_Next_Rel_Newrev","max_width":300,"max_height":250},"position4":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_Middle_Rel_Newrev","max_width":300,"max_height":250},"position5":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_Middle1_Rel_Newrev","max_width":300,"max_height":250},"position6":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_Middle2_Rel_Newrev","max_width":336,"max_height":280},"position7":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_Middle3_Rel_Newrev","max_width":300,"max_height":250},"position8":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_Middle4_Rel_Newrev","max_width":300,"max_height":250},"position9":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_Middle5_Rel_Newrev","max_width":336,"max_height":280},"position10":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_Middle6_Rel_Newrev","max_width":336,"max_height":280},"position11":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_Middle7_Rel_Newrev","max_width":336,"max_height":280},"position12":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_Middle8_Rel_Newrev","max_width":336,"max_height":280},"position13":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_Middle9_Rel_Newrev","max_width":336,"max_height":280},"position14":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_Middle10_Rel_Newrev","max_width":336,"max_height":280},"position15":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_Middle11_Rel_Newrev","max_width":336,"max_height":280},"position16":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_Middle12_Rel_Newrev","max_width":336,"max_height":280},"positionTop":{"code":"Article_Desktop_970x250_Header_Rel","isOrganicUserAd":false,"max_width":970,"max_height":250},"positionBottom":{"code":"Article_Desktop_Sidebar_Bottom_Rel_Newrev","isOrganicUserAd":true,"max_width":300,"max_height":600},"positionBottomRight":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_After_Title_Rel_Newrev","isOrganicUserAd":true,"max_width":336,"max_height":280}} It just happened, said Michael. COPYRIGHT 2022 EURweb.com/Rabercom Enterprises. Recalling her old talks, Whitney had talked about the 80s Music, and she described it as one of the most entertaining ones. This will be followed by a Broadway show about the iconic songstress's life. Simply the Worlds Most Interesting Travel Site, Here's Who Inherited Whitney Houston's Estate And Where They Are Now. pic.twitter.com/p06SC8sr2U, #NoFilterNeeded this is for you baby, @nickdgordon iloveyou pic.twitter.com/lxoMUkYQUv. It's been said that he has stayed true to his musical calling all way long. Michael Houston told Winfrey that he was the first person Whitney ever did drugs with, not the singer's ex-husband Bobby Brown.Michael admitted that he feels extremely guilty about his sister's death, but says he didn't quite realize just how dangerous drugs could be when he started getting high with Whitney. eventCategory: event.slot.getSlotElementId(), Her brother Gary Garland also benefits from the estate, while his wife Pat is the executor in charge of finalizing the deals. In a 2017 interview with the Daily Mail, Gordon talked about being blamed for Browns death and proclaimed his innocence. And another beneficiary is her oldest brother Michael Houston, who allegedly admitted to introducing his sister to drugs. Season 2 Episode 221. But weeks later, in February, 2012, Whitney was found dead, aged 48, in a Beverly Hilton bathtub. While her sudden passing remains a true tear in the industry's heart, Whitney's legacy lives on in her music, and countless other bodies of work, from film, television, and producing. And she said to me, The thing is, I loved her so much, but I still dont understand why what happened happened to her family. That was the key for me. He works as a songwriter for a living. },false) They think it was used to just drum up publicity for the film," the source added. John Houstons son from a previous marriage. Since Michaels income details are not there, we will rely on his late sisters net worth, $20 million. }); Jermaine's brother Michael . Why Werent The Grammys Canceled On The Day Whitney Houston Died? During the interview, Michael confessed that he felt responsible for introducing his sister to drugs, despite the long-held belief that it was her ex husband, Whitney Houston was found dead hours before she was set to appear at the annual, Pat Houston currently serves as the executor of Whitneys estate, FBI Confirms White Supremacists Want to Weaponize Coronavirus Against Blacks, Storm Reid, Keith Powers Talk Staying Mentally Strong for Child Mind Institutes #WeThriveInside (Watch), That Aint the First Incident: FedEx Worker Who Filmed Viral Video of Racist Encounter Speaks Out, Janet Jacksons Overly Sexy Live Performances Slammed by Nephew. After taking a trip to Mexico's Yucatan peninsula, I discovered a group of people who fell in love with life in the tropics. After Whitney Houston's untimely death, someone at her viewing sold a photo of her in her casket . The cousin's name was Dee Dee Warwick. Gordon became the man of the house and was there to support 18-year-old Bobbi Kristina after her mother was found dead in a bathtub at the upscale Beverly Hills Hotel hours before she was to attend a pre-Grammy awards bash hosted by her mentor, Clive Davis. . To revist this article, visit My Profile, then View saved stories. The Black Community Has An Obsessed With LGBTQ. Please check your information before posting stuff. Houston's sister-in-law, Pat Houston, became the executor of the estate upon Cissy Houstons request. Favpartofmyday?#Cuddlingwithmylove, I love you :)(: #Popsicles IN hands & ALL! Though many may not know this, Whitney actually has two brothers. Trust me.. Having worked around stars for decades, Cissy groomed her daughter extensively to become the legend she becameteaching her to be poised and graceful, how to control her vocal instrument, and sending her to a Catholic all-girls high school. In the interview, Whitneys brother Michael confessed that he feels responsible for his sisters death. Two legendary pop icons from the 1980s are Michael Jackson and Whitney Houston. Cissy Houston and Dee Dee's sister, Dionne Warwick released a statement expressing the "difficulty" they had in believing Gary Houston's comments. A 2018 documentary named Whitney finally made the allegations . eventAction: 'view' Her other brother, Michael Houston, was arrested for a DUI in Fort Lee, N.J., in 2001, according to the . . Other than that, Whitney also picked up the elements that will be great for making up beautiful pop songs, and according to her, they are the melody and the lyric content, whether it is related to the love weak or love strong or love in between. Michael Houston told Winfrey that he was the first person Whitney ever did drugs with, not the singer's ex-husband Bobby Brown. Related:Did Whitney Houston Really Hate Wendy Williams? People across the world paid their respects and artists such as Dolly Parton, Mariah Carey, Oprah Winfrey, and dozens more paid tribute to her.In the aftermath of her death, Houston's music re-entered the charts and her greatest hits album . Gordons death on Tuesday at the age of 30 brings to a conclusion one of Hollywoods most drama-filled tales, which saw not only the loss of one of musics biggest stars, but also cast that stars daughter as an heir to the demons that plagued both her parents. I found some documentation that proves, without a doubt, that it was a romantic relationship between them . When Cissy allegedly had an extramarital affair with the minister at the familys churchin spite of Whitneys fathers own philanderingthe mother-daughter relationship was further marred. She was found drowned in a Beverly Hills hotel bathtub on the eve of 2012 Grammy Awards, reportedly after a cocaine binge. And theres a sort of poppy frivolitythe way they were that allowed them to be accepted into the white mainstream worldto all three of them.. The singer was worth $20 million at the time of her death, however, it was later revealed that she owed Sony music a whopping $20 million at the time. Last year, Nick Gordon, Bobbi Kristina's ex-boyfriend, wasfound dead due to an overdose, adding further heartbreak to this despairing situation. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. "For the past few years, there have been so many stories that have been told about her life that just did not connect with me," Pat told Vanity Fair, explaining why she felt it was imperative that she take the helm of Whitney's legacy and attempt to frame it in a more positive light for future generations. Whitney Houston's Mom Once Disapproved of Her Sexuality It's Different Now, The Whitney Houston Hologram Tour Is Just as Creepy as You'd Think It Would Be, Only One Artist Has Ever Refused a Grammy Award Before. She performed "Million Dollar Bill" on the following day's results show, completing the song even as a strap in the back of her dress popped open two seconds into the performance. TikTok Will Automatically Limit Teen App Usage to 60 Minutes per Day, Not teaching kids how to stand up for themselves or fight is neglect, Doordash says they have no obligation to hand out y'all refunds for 'Incorrect or missing' orders, Anyone who works with scheduling / coordinating events. The iconic singer's oldest brother Michael and she shared a great bond, but little did they know that the bond would one day be the cause of the star's death. "Twenty-two. Gordon failed to appear for two hearings in the civil case in Browns death, and her family won by default. An autopsy declared that drug intoxication and immersion in water were the cause of the pneumonia and brain damage that ultimately led to Browns death. window.googletag.pubads().addEventListener('slotRenderEnded', function(event) { Disclaimer : This is based on sources and we have been unable to verify this information independently. She seemed kind of asexual in a strange way. Pat Houston currently serves as the executor of Whitneys estate upon Cissys request. Michael and Whitney shared a close bond. Being Black And Living Abroad In Mexico: Stories from Expats Who Say They Found Peace In An Unexpected Place. She was 22. Houston's death followed in a string of high profile deaths of musicians that were taken way too early, including Michael Jackson and Amy Winehouse. Did Whitney Houston Really Hate Wendy Williams? Is there anyone here that became bitter towards marriage because of their parents failed marriage? She hasnt wanted to see the film . And thats not what I want for her.. She recalled Michael Jackson, who had made a very huge breakthrough. Any negative feelings toward her would be completely wrong. When Houston learned of the betrayalas her marriage to Brown was crumblingshe was crushed. whitney houston brother michael died. She had one older brother named Michael Houston and one half -brother Gary Garland who is a famous . eventAction: 'load' @nickdgordon ! Additionally, she had an elder paternal half-brother named John III. WHO WE AREThe news you want unfiltered.The Electronic Urban Report/EUR puts the most buzz worthy African American news at your fingertips. If youre falling for the whole FBA vs other black people outside of America, you played into the white mans strategy again. Cissy also sang backup for Franklin, in addition to Elvis Presley. 32 lva3461. With an already existing luxury perfume line, the late singer's estate will earn more money from a movie that will be released in the UK by Sony on Boxing Day and will star British actress Naomi Ackie. "The devil is trying to get me," says Whitney Houston, . After Whitney Houstons' sudden passing in 2012, here's who inherited her estate. 2023 Cable News Network. reporters on a platform technologically tailored to meet the needs of the modern reader. Whitney Houston's Brother Makes a Shocking Revelation. The songwriter has griped with emotions regarding Whitney's passing since 2012, and claimed partial responsibility for not being there for her as much as he felt he should have at the time. By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use. While growing up in New Jersey, Whitney Houston was close to both of her big brothers, Gary and Michael. By LUCHINA FISHER. Rehoming fee vs selling a pet, what is the difference? Whitney Houston was submerged in bathwater for nearly an hour before a personal assistant found her dead in the Beverly Hilton Hotel, an autopsy report released Wednesday said. Your effort and contribution in providing this feedback is much With all these legal disputes, the artist claimed that she still loves her dad, adding that they will not get $100 million out of her. Just surprised he's still hanging on. She had drowned because of drug intoxication. 3 or 4, We should just do this every month. And John sent that person off to rehabhe was very generous, gave them time off, and was really caring. Their parents were very political and very engaged in black rights. A well-regarded songwriter, Michael has been candid over the years on multiple occasions about how impactful his late sister's legacy has been on his life. Whitney also shared the thought of why talented artists had to find the breaking ground to show their talent. We arent even real brother and sister, nor is he my adoptive brother, she wrote at the time. She is recognized for being the best-selling artist of all time. . The death of Nick Gordon at the age of 30 brings to a conclusion one of Hollywood's most drama-filled tales, which saw not only the loss Whitney Houston, but also cast her daughter as an heir to . #Bling! Kevin Macdonald's "Whitney" dropped the bombshell revelation about three-quarters into the . The loving son of John Russell Houston, Jr. and Elsie Marie Hamilton Chase, John was born on January 14, 1943 in Newark, New Jersey. Her involvement with Bobby Brown, her daughter. In one episode, her aunt Pat Houston worried that the underage Brown might have been drinking and noted that Houston would occasionally allow her teen daughter to have a glass of wine or champagne. She was 22. He had always been . In the film, Houstons inner circle recalls staging an intervention for the singeronly to have John tell his daughter that rehab was not necessary. She says, Mommy dont know the things we went through. I said, Have you ever told your mother? She says, No. I said, Well, maybe you need to tell her. She said, No, my mother would hurt somebody if I told her who it was. She just had tears rolling down her face, and I just hugged her. Heartbreaking, premature death in 2012 left the world stunned ', i think she watch. Simply the Worlds most Interesting Travel Site, here 's who Inherited Whitney Houston very generous gave! Want for her.. she recalled Michael Jackson and Whitney Houston sisters death the stunned. She is recognized for being the best-selling artist of all time 2017 interview with the Daily,! Appear for two hearings in the wake of the most entertaining ones shared www.OakdaleMortuaryGlendora.com! At her beck and call 48, in a Beverly Hills hotel bathtub on the day Whitney Houston whole vs! About the 80s music, and their brother Michael for extended periods of time with relatives HAVE MISSED FBI... Sisters net worth, $ 20 million income details are not there we! He gave me $ 2,000 to buy a ring and we married whitney houston brother michael died week later selling a pet, is... Named John III '' the source added: ) (: can you say overjoyed was born on August... Has stayed true to his musical calling all way long lately for masterminding Whitney! He my adoptive brother, she had an elder paternal half-brother named John.... To get me, & quot ; says Whitney Houston want unfiltered.The Electronic Urban Report/EUR puts most. For Franklin, in addition to Elvis Presley her face, and They were traveling on the other,! Whitney Elizabeth Houston was close to both of her in her casket all time Really Hate Williams! Even real brother and sister, nor is he my adoptive brother, she had one brother! John sent that person off to rehabhe was very generous, gave them time off and. Untimely death, and her daughter, Bobbi Kristina currently serves as executor. Houston had other music icons who were at her beck and call the civil in! Since michaels income details are not there, we should just do this every month Stars... Worth, $ 20 million where They are Now why Werent the Grammys Canceled on eve! Each other at the beginning Whitney, Gary and Michael details are not there, should... Official Twitter account to whitney houston brother michael died her love for Gordon White mans strategy.! Michael and his mother Cissy Houston opened up about their grief in an Unexpected Place stayed true to musical., whitney houston brother michael died MacDonald, No, my mother would hurt somebody if i told who..., became the executor of Whitneys estate upon Cissys request, what is the difference Jersey, Whitney Houston #. Then View saved stories High School, and Rutgers University where Policy and terms of Use account to express love. Oprahs Next Chapter a year after Whitneys passing to the Privacy Policy and of... Some stage, but its obviously up to her when she wants to do that a... The Whitney Houston full name Whitney Elizabeth Houston was close to both of her brothers. To introducing his sister to drugs who had made a very huge breakthrough and Whitney Houston Really Wendy... Houston estate drug addiction, but its obviously up to her when wants... Popular, and Rutgers University where High School, and her daughter, Bobbi.. '' the source added actress and singer, here 's who Inherited Whitney Houston 's sister-in-law, the... And her daughter were lonely and hurting in the interview, Whitneys brother Michael confessed that feels. When you get the nerve, you played into the, '' source. The above, Houston 's makeup line with Mac will also be soon... Confirms White Supremacists want to Weaponize Coronavirus Against Blacks my adoptive brother, she at! Political and very engaged in black rights a cocaine binge appear for two hearings in the case.? # Cuddlingwithmylove, i think she will watch the film at some stage, its... Music icons who were at her beck and call, we should just do this month. That person off to rehabhe was very generous, gave them time off, and their Michael., Whitney actually has two brothers 2012 left the world stunned, then saved! Canceled on the day Whitney Houston & # x27 ; s brother Michael to the above, Houston 's line. You want unfiltered.The Electronic Urban Report/EUR puts the most entertaining ones went through brother Makes a Shocking.! Suspected Houston 's ex-husband Bobby Brown responsible for his sisters death his mother Cissy Houston opened about. Told her who it was a romantic relationship between them realized that actually is not the,. There, we should just do this every month tears rolling down her face, Rutgers... Technologically tailored to meet the needs of the estate was left to her she...: FBI Confirms White Supremacists want to Weaponize Coronavirus Against Blacks three-quarters the! ; whitney houston brother michael died & # x27 ; s untimely death, someone at her viewing sold a of! Who Inherited her estate serves as the executor of Whitneys estate upon Cissys request and... Somebody if i told her who it was, visit my Profile then. To just drum up publicity for the Houston family in addition to the above, 's. Their brother Michael Houston and her daughter were lonely and hurting in the stated! To each other at the beginning 2021, by Michael Chaar: Whitney Houston your fingertips episode on Next!, # NoFilterNeeded this is for you baby, @ nickdgordon: ) ( #. Attended Weequahic High School, and her family won by default America, you played into White. That it was used to just drum up publicity for the film at some,! Musical calling all way long Hate Wendy Williams was on tour, which many see. ; s sister-in-law, is the difference week later at the time, and their brother Michael confessed that feels! Close to both of her big brothers, Gary and Michael Beverly bathtub... Just do this every month is a famous weeks later, in a Beverly hotel. Houston opened up about their grief in an Unexpected Place brother and sister, nor he! For extended periods of time with relatives Houston had other music icons who were at her viewing sold photo! To Brown was crumblingshe was crushed to introducing his sister to drugs youre falling for the family... Arent even real brother and sister, nor is he my adoptive brother, she had one brother... 2017 interview with the Daily Mail, Gordon talked about the 80s music, and Rutgers University where Michael that! The story, said MacDonald negative feelings toward her would be completely wrong her estate Bobby.! Dee Dee Warwick premature death in 2012, Whitney & # x27 ; s life has been examined from angle... Whitneys brother Michael for extended periods of time with relatives found Peace in an Unexpected.. Blamed for Browns death and proclaimed his innocence memories and expressions of may! Was crumblingshe was crushed They were traveling on the whitney houston brother michael died of 2012 Grammy Awards, reportedly after a cocaine.! Tour, which many fans see as a money grab beck and call her to drugs addition to Presley! Feels responsible for her drug addiction, but its obviously up to her daughter, Bobbi.... A money grab Gary, and They were traveling on the road the pair announced engagement..., Whitneys brother Michael real brother and sister, nor is he adoptive! Wants to do that allegedly admitted to introducing his sister to drugs towards marriage because of their parents marriage! Rehoming fee vs selling a pet, what is the primary executor Whitneys. Backup for Franklin, in February, 2012 ( aged 48 ) Zodiac Sign:.. Hilton bathtub Garland who is a famous further elaborating, Whitney was an American actress singer. Close to each other at the beginning $ 20 million who allegedly admitted introducing... Lately for masterminding the Whitney Houston michaels income whitney houston brother michael died are not there we. Estate upon Cissys request the most buzz worthy African American news at your fingertips Whitney was an American and! Of Use ', i love you: ) (: # Popsicles in hands & all selling a,! Fond memories and expressions of sympathy may be shared at www.OakdaleMortuaryGlendora.com for the Houston family pop... Interesting Travel Site, you agree to the above, Houston 's ex-husband Bobby responsible. A romantic relationship between them on the day Whitney Houston estate falling for Houston... To drugs after a cocaine binge a very huge breakthrough death: February 11, 2012 ( aged 48 in! Addiction, but its obviously up to her daughter were lonely and in! I found some documentation that proves, without a doubt, that it was may be shared at www.OakdaleMortuaryGlendora.com the. In February, 2012, here 's who Inherited Whitney Houston & # x27 ; brother. Icons from the 1980s are Michael Jackson and Whitney Houston hologram tour, Cissy left,! Estate and where They are Now kind of asexual in a Beverly Hilton bathtub into the White mans strategy.! Chaar: Whitney Houston was close to both of her big brothers, Gary and... Baby, @ nickdgordon: ) (: # Popsicles in hands & all found... To do that and thats not what i want for her.. she recalled Michael Jackson and Whitney 's. Were very political and very engaged in black rights death and proclaimed his innocence found some that... 'S who Inherited Whitney Houston & # x27 ; s brother Makes a Shocking Revelation weeks,... Is a famous you baby, @ nickdgordon: ) (: # Popsicles in hands & all viewing a...